..and just sue the stupid school system for teaching false information to their kid and thus causing obviously very intentional harm to the child and the child's future.

They could probably win a case that simple. Maybe I will consider doing that myself downline, sounds like an easy way to make a few big bucks.

Other professions don't get away with it. If your kid's math textbook was full of erroneous computations and your kids was seriously studying math you could win that one too. It truly would be harmful to the kid, a real blunder on the part of the teacher and the school system for allowing it. You could sue the shirts off their backs because now instead of having to just teach math you literally have to un-teach and then re-teach which could take years. Quite a bit of harm in there, basically an attempt to cause the kid to never amount to anything.

I am quite interested in finding links to the talking snake.
But where's one to find an honest judge? And what happens when the case is appealed? The school system's budget is public money, so they don't care too dearly how much they have to spend.

Dark Matter + Dark Energy = Dark Truth

"We find that such evidence demonstrates that the ID argument is dependent upon setting a scientifically unreasonable burden of proof for the theory of evolution." - Judge Jones Kitzmiller case
http://www.talkreason.org/articles/Falsify.cfm

"To Compel A Man To Furnish Funds For The Propagation Of Ideas He Disbelieves And Abhors Is Sinful And Tyrannical." - Thomas Jefferson

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with his wrath?" - Thomas Jefferson