Originally Posted by Russell2
Hi CTD

Well I got that when I was in primary school. I have no idea when most people learn it.

So in what way did that copy and paste answer what I had said? How does it show that you actually understand ToE? It's easy enough to copy other people's words, harder to show personal understanding of them. It’s an especially bad sign when you quote 70 year old ideas as if they were the current understanding of the field.

Recombination and crossover during meiosis mix and match not only genes but parts of gene’s to produce sequences that have never existed before. This alone has been shown to be enough to drive evolution to some extent but mutation of germ line DNA is a powerful ingredient of our modern understanding of evolution and to ignore it or write it off shows a profound misunderstanding of where ToE stands today.

In Reason

Russell
If you got it in primary school or at any other time, it doesn't show.

Hi CTD

Does that have anything to do with what I said?
Now who has problems understanding? You say mutation provides the mojo, but the tenets of your religion say it is recombination that does it.

Does it explain why you present clear evidence in line with ToE yet claim that it contradicts ToE?
Why should I bother with your hollow assertions? It gets rather old exposing every false accusation, and I don't see that it has jack to do with this topic. Ad hom's generally don't.

What I’m suggesting is not that you can’t cut and past summaries of ToE but rather that you don’t actually understand what they say. Most eight year olds can cut and paste.

In Reason

Russell
Most folks who frequent forums have enough sense to read what's been copied & pasted. Had you done so, you would see that it does not match the propaganda either you or RAZD have presented.

If you actually follow the link, you'll find that even the author of the wiki article omits to explain recombination. This is in keeping with what I've said earlier in this thread. Recombination is so feared that even though it is included in the tenets of the religion, it gets no further mention. Instead everyone touts mutation. Actions still speak louder than words, these actions are most eloquent.

Your attempt to misportray my post as some "see - here's a definition" nonsense has backfired. I couldn't care less about "proving" to you that I understand evolutionism. Everyone can see that I copied & pasted what I did because it directly addresses the role of recombination. That this role has in subsequent years been concealed even from the faithful should be much more a concern for you than it is for me, seeing that it has left you so obviously uninformed about your own belief system.

As you're new here, I'll advise you that it's the current fad among evolutionists to refuse to use the scroll function on their browsers, and pretend nobody else can either. If you want to 'fit right in', you should now pretend I never pasted what I did. As I recall, you're not a total stranger to this game.

Dark Matter + Dark Energy = Dark Truth

"We find that such evidence demonstrates that the ID argument is dependent upon setting a scientifically unreasonable burden of proof for the theory of evolution." - Judge Jones Kitzmiller case
http://www.talkreason.org/articles/Falsify.cfm

"To Compel A Man To Furnish Funds For The Propagation Of Ideas He Disbelieves And Abhors Is Sinful And Tyrannical." - Thomas Jefferson

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with his wrath?" - Thomas Jefferson