Originally Posted by LinearAq
You forgot the option that creation occurred and evolution is the means by which God got it done.

And then you would be pushing "theistic evolution". Which is a oxymoron belief.

If you don't believe that is an option, could you explain why it must be ruled out?

No problem. Evolution is the direct opposite of creation (I'll leave a list further down). So it denies creation by a Creator totally. It leaves no room for when sin happened. It leaves no room for when man obtained a soul (how did the soul evolve?). And it leaves no reason for Christ to come to earth to die for our sins. And because God is the Alpha and Omega, evolution denies God's Alpha by denying His Creation of all life and the universe. And if God has no Alpha, He has no Omega, and therefore cannot exist.

Here is the list of opposites:

C: Earth before sun.
E: Sun before earth.

C: Oceans before land.
E: Land before oceans.

C: Light before sun.
E: Sun before light.

C: Fish before insects.
E: Insects before fish.

C: Plants before sun.
E: Sin before plants.

C: Bird before reptiles.
E: Reptiles before birds.

C: Man was created from solid matter.
E: Man evolved from liquid matter.

C: All life came from both solid and liquid matter.
E: All life came from liquid matter only.

C: All life must reproduce within a kind.
E: All life must reproduce and evolve outside of their kind.

C: God created man.
E: Man created God (out of need).

C: Man brought death into the world through sin.
E: Death brought man into the world through evolution.

C: God gave man a soul that could be saved.
E: Man has no soul that can be saved.

C: God exist in a spiritual dimension.
E: There are only temporal dimensions.

C: There is good and evil.
E: There is no good or evil because we do what we have to so that we can survive.

C: There is eternity.
E: There is no eternity.

Etc...

The main reason that Evolution is the direct opposite of creation starts with what happened to Darwin on the Beagle. When he stepped on board, he was a Christian with a degree in theology. He even pondered becoming a missionary.

While on broad he read a book written by a Bible scoffer named Charles Lyle. In Lyle's book, he constantly took pot shots at the Biblical creation in explaining his idea of the geologic column. By the middle of the voyage Darwin's faith was weakened. By the end of the voyage he was pretty much an atheist.

When Lyle died Darwin said:
Originally Posted by Darwin
I never forget that almost everything which I have done in science I owe to the study of his great works.

And later Darwin expressed his atheism by making this comment about the Bible:

The Old Testament, from it's manifestly false history of the earth, was no more trusted than the sacred books of the Hindus, or the beliefs of barbarians. The New Testament is a damnable doctrine. I can hardly see how anyone ought to wish Christianity to be true, for if so, the plain language of the text seems to show that the men who do not believe, and this would include my Father, Brother, and almost all my best friends, will be everlastingly punished. And this is a damnable doctrine.

In 1876, in his Autobiography, Darwin wrote,

"Formerly I was led... to the firm conviction of the existence of God and the immortality of the soul. In my Journal I wrote that whilst standing in the midst of the grandeur of a Brazilian forest, 'it is not possible to give an adequate idea of the higher feelings of wonder, admiration, and devotion, which fill and elevate the mind.' I well remember my conviction that there is more in man than the mere breath of his body. But now the grandest scenes would not cause any suchconvictions and feelings to rise in my mind."

In 1880, in reply to a correspondent, Charles wrote,
"I am sorry to have to inform you that I do not believe in the Bible as a divine revelation, & therefore not in Jesus Christ as the son of God"

Evolution was Darwin's Answer to what he suspected as God's betrayal (lie). So in order to make it his type of revenge against God for this, almost every aspect had to be the direct opposite of God's creation. How else could one explain how someone could write a theory that was the direct opposite on every issue of creation unless they were actually using the Bible to make sure that it was?

The list above is 15 things and is not all of the list. How do you get 15 out of 15 opposite unless it was planned that way?

Now you look at how these opposites are used everyday to attack a Christian's faith. Now would you not say that Darwin got his perfect revenge?

I am no longer mod here. And I have left the forum.
My site: http://www.yecheadquarters.org