Originally Posted by CTD
Originally Posted by LindaLou
CTD, the substance in question is called keratin, not collagen, so my bad. Keratin is a protein that makes up most of the material in the cells forming the beaks, feathers, hair, hooves, horns, nails, scales and skin of animals.

In other words, no matter how different the 'kind' of animal, no matter what its needs are, apparently the creationist god was so limited in his abilities that he had to use and reuse the same substance over and over, and over again. He couldn't even once come up with a new substance, better designed to suit the animal's lifestyle. That's why your tender skin and a lion's nasty claws, a horse's strong hooves and a bird's delicate feathers, a cow's horn and a husky dog's warm fur are all basically the same thing. I don't think you really addressed this in your response.
So you question the efficiency of a substance ideally suited to many various purposes? You must hate things like plastic, wood, steel, etc. You know, the things mankind uses for many purposes.

CTD, hey hey. How the heck you been?

Anyway, your example using plastic, wood and steel is problematic in that those are three separate materials, each comprised of very separate elements, whereas LindaLou's example of keratin is one substance found in many different forms (hair, fingernails, hooves, etc.)

It's probably not my place or anything to say but you might find your arguments come across as more presentable and inviting to discussion/debate if you toned the anger down in your posts; I mean, I know you're just doing it for fun and all and that you aren't really mad over something so silly as a casual discussion, but some people might not read it that way. But that's just me.

Anyway, all the best. May your gods bless you with Their divinity.

"I'll see what Russ makes of this."

-CTD