-Radically New
-Ephesians 4:17-32

"You were taught...to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness." (Ephesians 4:22,24)
--- cross ---
Christians are radically different people. To the very center of my being, I am a new person, radically changed from the person I was before I knew Jesus Christ. The Bible describes just how drastically different I am. It's almost like the "before-and-after" ads from weight-loss that you've seen in magazines or newspapers, and on TV.

I once was dead but now am alive (Ephesians 2:5). I used to be the picture of darkness but now am light (Ephesians 5:8). Formerly I was under the dominion of darkness but now am part of the kingdom of God's Son (Colossians 1:13). Origianally a child of the devil, now I am child of God (1 John 3:10).

I am a new creation in Christ, created to be like Him, bearing the family likeness. Yet I bear it in an imperfect body, what the Bible sometimes calls "the flesh." So while I am radically new, I am not totally new. The flesh--prone to sin--fights me every step of the way. But thanks be to God, He has made provision for my victory through Jesus and His Spirit at work in me.
------
star[We must beware at all times, however, because the devil "is out to kill, to steal and to destroy." We must watch what we allow to enter our minds. It is true that the hardest battle for Christians to 'win over' is "the mind.Does God's Word instruct us in this matter?

Yes! "If you then have been risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sits on the right hand of God.
"Set your mind on the things above, not on things on the earth.
"For your life is now hidden with Christ in God the Father."
--Colossians 3:1-3
]

--'Father, Help me daily to walk by the Spirit so that I might live to please you at all times, in Jesus Name. Amen."
--Haven Today (additional verses added)

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." [John 14:6]