I am Steve at ionicoasis.com , here is a research paper we found recently on the internet about ionic foot baths.
When I copy and paste the article you may not be able to veiw the pictures of before and after results. you can veiw them at
http://www.aquadetox-international.com/research.html

The excerpt below has been taken from the article printed in CAM magazine in September 2005 and has been reproduced with the permission of Dr Sanjay Chaudhuri and CAM magazine.
The purpose of the pilot study was to:
1. Ascertain whether the Aqua Detox has a scientifically measurable and reproducible effect
2. Answer the perennial questions.
2.1 What does the foot spa do?
2.2 How does it work?
2.3 What proof is there?
3. To learn lessons in order to create a fuller trial - e.g to create a dummy machine set-up that would reliably test a control group with the purpose of measuring and correcting for placebo effects.
The charge created by an Aqua Detox medical array is minimal (– 1.7 – 2.1A) less than a fairy light. Therefore the scientific equipment we chose to utilise in our pilot study needed to be sensitive enough to measure the subtle physiological changes which occur immediately after an Aqua Detox.
Methodology
6 test subjects aged between 18 and 70, consisting of 4 females and 2 males, undertook the following measurements before and after the 30 min Aqua Detox session:
1. Heart Rate Variability using the Health Express algorithm adaptability scale

2. Arterial Stiffness Indicator using Cardiotrack proven in clinical trials at a leading London hospital.

3. Blood Pressure and Pulse using an electronic meter which averaged 3 readings
4. Meridian stress testing using the Avatar electro-dermalscreening device employing the Energetix CMD 48 point probe protocol
4. Meridian stress testing using the Avatar electro-dermalscreening device employing the Energetix CMD 48 point probe protocol

5. Live Blood Microscopy phase contrast visual qualitative assessment using the Detox Doctor visual medicine protocol.

A a pH and redox meter were used to ascertain changes in the Aqua Detox treatment water and asked our test subjects to describe how they felt during and after the treatment.
The 3 control subjects were told they were to have an Aqua Detox treatment. The foot bath was prepared with Saline to increase conductivity to 2.1 Amps and the array was surreptitiously disconnected from the power unit for the same duration as the test subjects. No comments were made during the subsequent testing phase. The purpose of the control group was to assess the reproducibility and validity of our test protocol, particularly the electro-dermal testing.
In order to standardise the study, we limited participants’ water intake to just 1 glass during the Aqua Detox treatment and ensured that no food, tea or coffee was consumed 2 hours before testing.
Aqua Detox are now looking to conduct a clinical trial to enable Aqua Detox to prove that the Aqua Detox machine has a detoxifying effect and gain a product licence. Aqua Detox International Ltd contacted the MHRA in November 2005 to receive the medical definition of “Detox” so they could design a study to prove its detoxifying effects. As soon as we have the medical definition of the word Detox, Aqua Detox International will begin clinical trials.
Below is a letter sent into Aqua Detox from a Ben L. Pfeifer, M.D.,Ph.D.
Dear Mr. Bevan
I want to apologize that I have been so out of touch. I was working in Asia during June and half of July and was overwhelmed with e-mail requests (50 on average daily) so that all my correspondence is late.
We have received your machines safely and also put them to work with some of our chemotherapy patients.
Our first impression is that the patients experience less chemotherapy side effects, in particular nausea and vomiting. Of course, it is difficult to determine whether they also have a positive effect on the haematopoetic and the immune system side effects of chemotherapy, which would really be great. To answer this question we would have to run a formal study, involving possibly some university oncologist (to make it undisputable if succesful) and have more patients enrolled. Our hospital does however not have the funds to launch such a study. If you are interested in a study of this type, please let us know whether there is any funding from your side - then at least, I would try to get a matching funding from the Aeskulap Foundation.
I hope this brief up-date is helpful to you.
Sincerely yours,
Ben L. Pfeifer, M.D.,Ph.D.