Home Page

vitamin d/calcium question

Posted By: TruJerz

vitamin d/calcium question - 01/25/13 05:49 PM

to those of you who know a thing or 2 about vitamin d contradictions I have a question:

so everytime I get some bloodwork done my calcium levels seems to fluctuate..sometimes its borderline high and other times its slightly high. But my vitamin d levels remain low

my question is this..is it okay for someone with borderline/slightly high levels of calcium to supplement with vitamin d3? and if so, how much?

I've already tested negative for hyperparathyroidism twice so it isn't that. any help would be nice. thanks in advance!
Posted By: Abigail

Re: vitamin d/calcium question - 01/26/13 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by TruJerz

so everytime I get some bloodwork done my calcium levels seems to fluctuate..sometimes its borderline high and other times its slightly high. But my vitamin d levels remain low

my question is this..is it okay for someone with borderline/slightly high levels of calcium to supplement with vitamin d3? and if so, how much?

-Vitamin D3 Supplements
It is not always practical to get your vitamin D from sunshine, and quite difficult to get adequate amounts from your diet so for many people, a vitamin D supplement is a practical way to ensure adequate levels of this important protector are always available in your bloodstream.

Since a large body of science shows vitamin D works closely with calcium and magnesium, it is best to take your vitamin D in combination with calcium and magnesium to maintain a proper balance. Recent literature also shows most calcium supplements have too little vitamin D to be effective. And some of them use synthetic vitamin D2. A much better form is natural vitamin D3 which stays in your system longer and with more effect.
-----
From the above report I would say that it is FINE to take the D3 with the Calcium. The question of how much? I have a bottle of Vit.D3, which reads, "Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement for adults, take 1 softgel daily with a meal."
This is 2000 I.U. Natural Vitamin D3.
--------
Comments or Questions? 1-800-925-4733
-I hope this helps you.
© 2024 The Orbis Vitae Community