Home Page

Cleanest sources for chlorella revealed

Posted By: Russ

Cleanest sources for chlorella revealed - 02/19/13 12:03 PM

Cleanest sources for chlorella revealed

What you are about to read is 100% true to the best of my knowledge, and it all started in September of 2012 when we were in the process of launching the Natural News Store and receiving organic certification from the USDA.

I knew we wanted to offer chlorella under our own brand name, but I had heard rumors of chlorella from some sources being contaminated with heavy metals, pesticides and even pharmaceutical residues. I began asking around and quickly discovered that no one had done laboratory tests on a broad selection of chlorella to determine contamination levels of chlorella from different countries and sources. This surprised me, and I decided to take on the task myself.

I proceeded to purchase chlorella from 17 different sources, some were chlorella supplements purchased at retail, and others were chlorella purchased directly from importers and suppliers. I took the chlorella from each source, placed it in a new Ziploc bag and affixed it with a label containing a letter and a number such as "N03" or "M01." I did this myself, changing my latex gloves between samples, to make sure it was done right. Then I had all these samples sent to a reputable laboratory specializing in the detection of metals in food products.

The tests I ordered for each sample were:

• Aluminum (1.0 ppm detection limit)
• Arsenic (0.20 ppm detection limit)
• Cadmium (0.05 ppm detection limit)
• Lead (0.10 ppm detection limit)
• Mercury (0.05 ppm detection limit)

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/039145_chlorella_heavy_metals_lab_tests.html#ixzz2LLXv5rKM

Posted By: EddieG

Re: Cleanest sources for chlorella revealed - 08/25/13 11:00 PM

Russ,

Thank you for taking the time do test the chlorella and to post the research findings. It is much appreciated.
© 2024 The Orbis Vitae Community