Home Page

Composite or porcelin?

Posted By: rahul_100

Composite or porcelin? - 07/16/13 08:58 AM

Hello all

Hope everyone is keeping healthy

I had my first set of amalgams removed a few weeks ago, and replaced by composite resin fillings. I have many more treatments to undergo before all amalgams are removed.

I am abit concerned regarding the plastic content of composite fillings. We all hear that plastics are bad, causing cancer etc. So is it safe to put it in our mouths?

I've read porcelin also contains some aluminium. I know all these replacement materials are the lesser of two evils, but which one is actually considered the safest?

thank you

Posted By: Abigail

Re: Composite or porcelin? - 07/16/13 05:33 PM

Greetings rahul_100!

It's good to hear from you again. Yes, the Composite Resin fillings are the choice of many Dentists to replace the mercury/silver fillings.

You are on the right track. Are you taking something for the removal of the mercury from your body, such as Russ' product Algin? That is good. Also the DMSA from Britain or VRP, as posted on earlier posts are good.
Congratulations! You should start feeling much better soon. Blessings to you. smile
Posted By: rahul_100

Re: Composite or porcelin? - 07/18/13 01:50 PM

Hi Abigail
Thanks for your reply. I've only had 3 taken out. I've got 6 to go, plus a gold crown. I have cavitations too, so the whole proceedure may take some time.

At the moment the dentist has advised me to take selenium,vitamin c, garlic tabs,multivitamin tabs and an acidophilus supplement.

As yet no difference. Do you think I should fill the remaining teeth with porcelin or carry on with composite? My concern is the plastic content in composites.

many thanks
Posted By: Abigail

Re: Composite or porcelin? - 07/18/13 04:11 PM

aok
--Greetings!

It's nice to hear from you again. It seems that what your Dentist has recommended is just fine. I would just stay with what he suggests. The Composite resin is the choice of most dentist from what I understand.

I like the supplements that you are taking. Great! Yes, I understand your concern about plastics. However, I would still forget what doesn't work, and follow your Dentist's recommendations. You should be feeling much better soon with the amalgams removed and keep taking the supplements. Follow your Doctor's recommendation, rahul_100.
You are most kind. Blessings to you! toocool
© 2024 The Orbis Vitae Community