Home Page

Next steps after Captomer/DMSA Heavy Metal Challenge?

Posted By: Seattlesounders

Next steps after Captomer/DMSA Heavy Metal Challenge? - 02/05/14 06:52 AM

I can't tell you how relieved I am to have found this forum!
I'm a newbie and would love some perspectives on recommended next steps.

Background: I was diagnosed with mild Crohns disease this year. I removed my amalgam and after reading about Yeast sensitivity I took the DMSA heavy metal urine challenge with my Naturopath. The Doctors' Data results showed that I was in the yellow for Lead and Red for Mercury (above range). I was already to start Chelation using Dr Walter Crinnion's protocol (DMSA) when I ran into The Cutler approach. Now I am stumped on how to proceed. Questions:
-Does anyone have experience of Crinnion's protocol or the DMSA challenge?
-Should i retest using another approach?
-my dentist removed my amalgam using a dam, and a vaccum, but would it be worth double testing that all amalgam is out. if yes how?
-Any other tips?

Thanks so much,
Wishing you healing.
Jack
Posted By: Abigail

Re: Next steps after Captomer/DMSA Heavy Metal Challenge? - 02/05/14 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Seattlesounders

Background: I was diagnosed with mild Crohns disease this year. I removed my amalgam and after reading about Yeast sensitivity I took the DMSA heavy metal urine challenge with my Naturopath. The Doctors' Data results showed that I was in the yellow for Lead and Red for Mercury (above range). I was already to start Chelation using Dr Walter Crinnion's protocol (DMSA) when I ran into The Cutler approach. Now I am stumped on how to proceed. Questions:
-Does anyone have experience of Crinnion's protocol or the DMSA challenge?

Thanks so much,
Wishing you healing.
Jack

Hello Seattlescounders,
Welcome to Orbis Vitae. I would suggest that you go back and read several other 'testimonies' above this Mercury/Detox page. You can go to the beginning and look at the large square with names, pictures etc, of people who have been healed.
Our forum's director is Russ Tanner. He is very well experience in Mercury Toxicity. You can see his testimony as well, and what has helped him.
Speaking for myself, the DMSA (DetoxPro), and Algin have helped me immensely. Suffice it to say I still have amalgams, and these two supplements have totally given me a life, I did not have before. The Candida, eczema, and rash was terrible. Almost all gone now. My mental awareness is much clearer now. And concentration has drastically improved.

The DMSA can be purchased here in the US @ Vitamin Research Company, or/and if you are out of the country, I also get it from IAS in Great Britain. The Algin is purchased right here on Russ' website. <info@onlythebestherbs>. You can go to the Products page and see the Algin /'Absorbs heavy metal ions, bulking actin encourages normal elimination.'

It doesn't seem as if another mercury/amalgam test is needed if your Dentist removed your former filling(s).
The Cutler Protocol has been used by some of our visitors with good success. Personally, I have not heard of Dr. Walter Crinnion's protocol. Is it like Cutler's? You can scroll back and see it listed with results from previous amalgam/mercury toxicity people.
So, I would recommend the Algin , take 1 3'x daily, and then the DMSA (100mg), as instructed on the bottle. I use the DetoxPro, and take 1- 2x's daily. I'll turn the light on, and Russ may want to add something to this. aok
If you have other questions, don't hesitate to ask. It seems treatment for the Mercury toxicity is what you need.
Posted By: Seattlesounders

Re: Next steps after Captomer/DMSA Heavy Metal Challenge? - 02/06/14 06:00 AM

Thanks Abigail. I have an apt with my MD lined up for this Friday in which I'll ask him what I should do next. Can you think of any other questions I should ask him. The Options I think I have are:
-Take a different test to see how much mercury is in my brain
-Do not chelate due to risk
-Choose between different protocols to Chelate

My big worries are that I went to see a Neurologist and he could see 2 tiny spaces in my brain. He asked if I had any headaches at the time, to which I said no, but now I often have low grade headaches. Could this be related and can chelation stop the headaches?
Posted By: Abigail

Re: Next steps after Captomer/DMSA Heavy Metal Challenge? - 02/06/14 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Seattlesounders
Thanks Abigail. I have an apt with my MD lined up for this Friday in which I'll ask him what I should do next. Can you think of any other questions I should ask him. The Options I think I have are:
-Take a different test to see how much mercury is in my brain
-Do not chelate due to risk
-Choose between different protocols to Chelate

My big worries are that I went to see a Neurologist and he could see 2 tiny spaces in my brain. He asked if I had any headaches at the time, to which I said no, but now I often have low grade headaches. Could this be related and can chelation stop the headaches?

Hello Seattlesounders,
I would suggest that you wait until you see your Doctor. We can not give out Medical information regarding how a person should handle their personal M.D.s
However, I would write down your concerns, and take the paper with you. Ask what you feel is your main problems at this time.
If you are showing in the 'red' high signs of Mercury in your blood, then you should do what's necessary to delete this problem. You might tell your Doctor about the reputable Vitamin Research information regarding the DMSA, and see if he agrees with that. Since I don't know where you are, of course the <www.antiaging-systems.com> ( (Located: Great Britain/DetoxPro )is very well studied and referred to by many of the better Vitamin Shop Dealers.

The Vitamin Research is here in the United States in Nevada. <www.vrp.com> At VRP you can get it in 25mg and 100mg.
IAS refers to the DMSA as DetoxPro, (Rreduces heavy metal burdens). And VRP, simply DMSA. I order from both places. Russ Tanner, this websites Administrator uses VRP. Both are equally good quality products. Check it out, so you can have it handy to discuss with your M.D. He may even write you a prescription for this or whatever he thinks is best.
As I said the Algin is topnotch over here for the removal of Mercury in the blood. Maybe copy this off with the information you get from the two sites (by going there), and show him that?

Regarding the headaches, that is one of the many side-effects of Mercury Toxicity. But your headaches can be from some of the other health issues you are having. Please don't get overly worried, just take it one day at a time, and see what your MD has to say. highfive Wishing you the best of health, Abigail ~

© 2024 The Orbis Vitae Community