Home Page

-The Benefits Using Selenium / Mercury Toxicity

Posted By: Abigail

-The Benefits Using Selenium / Mercury Toxicity - 06/03/16 06:54 PM

- fyi The Benefits Using Selenium for Mercury Toxicity~

-
star --The Benefits using Selenium for Mercury Toxicity

In scientific jargon, selenium has an unusually high “binding affinity” for mercury. In layman’s terms, this means that when the two elements are found together, they tend to connect, forming a new substance. This makes it difficult for the human body to absorb the mercury separately. So when mercury binds to selenium, it’s no longer free to bind to anything else – like brain tissue.

In one study, Japanese researchers found that adding selenium to the diets of birds “gave complete protection” from large amounts of mercury. Research carried out by scientists in Scotland and the Philippines has concluded that the relationship between mercury and selenium is one of “toxicological antagonism.” And in the United States, The Environmental Protection Agency describes selenium as an element that is “antagonistic to the toxic effects of mercury.”

Consequently, selenium becomes a vital part of the support protocol when chelating or detoxifying from mercury. Add a buffered vitamin C vitamin E to the chelation or detoxification process, and you will enhance the unbinding of mercury and the safe elimination from the body.~~
----
--Chelating Benefits of Selenium=

Selenium is a trace mineral needed in the body in small amounts, about 200mcg per day. However, selenium is such a vital nutrient that if it is deficient an important enzyme pathway is blocked and body dysfunction can occur.

Selenium, along with vitamin E, is involved in producing the enzyme, glutathione peroxidase. This powerful enzyme acts like a mop in neutralizing damaging particles to the body. These particles are commonly known as free radicals.

Selenium is also necessary for the production of prostaglandins, substances that affect blood pressure. A prostaglandin deficiency also results in a deficiency of other compounds necessary for keeping arteries free from platelet aggregation. Pancreatic function also depends upon selenium.

The above information from: <www.evenbetterhealth.com>
---------
I just found this information on the internet. I have not tried this. I did read in some of the past Mercury Detox posts here on OrbisVitae (Herb Allure), that a few people were helped by using Selenium.

I know that ALGIN absorbs heavy metal Ions, and helps with bulking Action / encourages normal elimination. I purchase the ALGIN right here on <www.OnlyTheBestHerbs.com> . The other proven mercury detox I know of is DMSA can no longer be purchased in the US, without a prescription. I get it from Amazon.com.

-Best of Health to Everyone~

Posted By: whitebeach

Re: -The Benefits Using Selenium / Mercury Toxicity - 10/19/16 05:32 AM

Hi,

There are few different seleniums.Life Extension sells one called Super selenium which is Selenium L-selenomethione, sodium selenite and Se-Methyl L -Selenocysteine.
Selenium is available in several different forms. Each form of selenium acts along a different pathway to support healthy cell division. For optimized selenium support, one should supplement with all three forms of selenium. "

What do you think? Better than just one form of selenium?

Re: -The Benefits Using Selenium / Mercury Toxicity - 10/19/16 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by whitebeach
Hi,

There are few different seleniums.Life Extension sells one called Super selenium which is Selenium L-selenomethione, sodium selenite and Se-Methyl L -Selenocysteine.
Selenium is available in several different forms. Each form of selenium acts along a different pathway to support healthy cell division. For optimized selenium support, one should supplement with all three forms of selenium. "

What do you think? Better than just one form of selenium?

Greetings whitebeach!
Thank you for the information. I have been online checking various prices and information. I used to order from 'Life Extension.' They have great high quality products.
As I was searching the internet, I noticed that another place I've purchase from also has LE products, so thanks to you, I saved $49.00, because I also saw a few other products I need. smile I ordered from <www.LuckyVitamin.com>
Thanks for the tip. It did make note that a person with bleeding problems or other things should check with their Health Provider firstly. Thanks again!
Posted By: whitebeach

Re: -The Benefits Using Selenium / Mercury Toxicity - 10/22/16 07:08 AM

Good! Iherb is usually the cheapest. I am trying to build up the courage to start chelating!

Re: -The Benefits Using Selenium / Mercury Toxicity - 12/08/18 04:19 PM

**Blessings one and all!
Bringing this post forward. It has some good information regarding Selenium/ Mercury Toxicity.

--Check it out! Better to be safe than sorry! Scroll UP.-- Wishing everyone a safe and Merry Christmas. Jesus is the Reason we celebrate this Season. jesuslovesyou

-------
--"Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in Heaven. But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in Heaven." --(Matthew 10:32-33)--

Re: -The Benefits Using Selenium / Mercury Toxicity - 02/04/19 07:33 PM

---The Chelating Benefits Of Selenium
------ aok
Selenium is a trace mineral needed in the body in small amounts, about 200mcg per day. However, selenium is such a vital nutrient that if it is deficient an important enzyme pathway is blocked and body dysfunction can occur.

Selenium, along with vitamin E, is involved in producing the enzyme, glutathione peroxidase. This powerful enzyme acts like a mop in neutralizing damaging particles to the body. These particles are commonly known as free radicals.

Selenium is also necessary for the production of prostaglandins, substances that affect blood pressure. A prostaglandin deficiency also results in a deficiency of other compounds necessary for keeping arteries free from platelet aggregation. Pancreatic function also depends upon selenium.

Check out this website= https://www.evenbetterhealth.com/Selenium-Chelation-Mercury.php
---------
© 2024 The Orbis Vitae Community