Home Page

-Darwinism Through False Testimony-/ To Tell the Truth

Posted By: Abigail

-Darwinism Through False Testimony-/ To Tell the Truth - 10/05/16 07:04 PM

---- deepconsideration
--To Tell the Truth/ The Danger of accommodating Darwinism Through False Testimony~

--Evolution is a major concern for Christians who have children in public schools. Public Schools teach evolution as our origin. Read this article for more information on this. Please be sure your children are learning the truth.

Jesus said, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." --(John 14:6) bible --

--Placing Tradition Over the Text

A related type of false witness is the Pharisee-like churchman who adds unbiblical traditions to God's Word (such as the "gap theory") so that the true force of the Bible is nullified (Mark 7:3-13). Unlike the heterodox Samaritans, the Pharisees appeared to be doctrinally "orthodox" in their view of the canon and authority of Scripture. However, as Christ explained, the actual practice of the Pharisees nullified the Bible's text and authority, obscuring biblical truths by illegitimate adherence to their own invented concepts, thus treating Jewish tradition as superior to the Word of God.

Another type of false witness is the Sadducee-like churchman who detracts from the authority and text of Scripture by denying the Bible's authority and applicability (Mark 12:18-27; Luke 20:20-40). Jesus condemned this error as both ignorance and bad theology (Matthew 22:29). This error can be sophistically accomplished by evasive teachings (e.g., the slippery "emerging church" and the neo-deistic Intelligent Design Movement) that avoid recognizing the authoritative truth, perspicuity, and applicability of relevant Scriptures.

--Living as Faithful Witnesses

Life will certainly put us "on trial" at times, allowing us an opportunity to testify of the Creator's majesty and authority. How should we then testify? Attempting to accommodate Darwinism by suppressing known evidence (whether special revelation in the Holy Bible, or general revelation in nature's design) leads one to perpetuate false testimony. A very dangerous idea indeed!

To clearly and consistently tell the truth--the whole truth--is our obligation, as faithful witnesses of our Creator Redeemer.
-------
ICR publishes topical news features and devotionals written by leading scientists and theologians.~~
------- fyi
<http://www.icr.org/article/tell-truth-danger-accommodating-darwinism-through->
-----
Posted By: Abigail

Re: -Darwinism Through False Testimony-/ To Tell the Truth - 11/01/17 06:42 PM

- star -WAS CHARLES DARWIN PSYCHOTIC?
-'A Study of His Mental Health~'

---Darwin's Own Words about His Condition

In addition to the diary on his health problems and complaints (Colp, 1977, p. 136), he frequently discussed his health problems in his letters and his autobiography. Darwin's own description of his condition included the following: "I am forced to live, . . . very quietly and am able to see scarcely anybody and cannot even talk long with my nearest relations" (quoted in Bowlby, 1990, p. 240). Darwin once complained that speaking for only "a few minutes" to the Linnean Society "brought on 24 hours vomiting" (Darwin, 1994, pp. 98-99). At another time, Darwin had a "house full of guests" and after he visited the parish church for a christening, he was "back to square one" and his good health "had vanished `like a flash of lightning'" and sickness (including the vomiting) returned (Desmond and Moore, 1991, p. 456).
The suddenness of his illness, as illustrated by these incidents, indicates that his incapacitating episodes were psychological in origin.

Another side of Darwin revealed his sadistic impulses. His own words taken from his autobiography give a vivid example:

In the latter part of my school life I became passionately fond of shooting, and I do not believe that anyone could have shown more zeal for the most holy cause than I did for shooting birds. How well I remember killing my first snipe, and my excitement was so great that I had much difficulty in reloading my gun from the trembling of my hands. This taste long continued and I became a very good shot (1958, p. 44).

The fact that he loved killing so much that killing his first bird caused him to tremble with excitement could certainly indicate a sadistic streak in Darwin. His passion for killing birds is well known. One wonders if this "passion" for killing may have, in part, motivated his ruthless "survival of the fittest" tooth and claw theory of natural selection.

**Darwin was clearly a very troubled man and suffered from severe emotional problems for most of his adult life, especially when he was in the prime of life. The exact cause of his mental and many physical problems has been much debated and may never be known for certain. Since Darwin wrote extensively about his mental and physical problems, we have much material on which to base a reasonable conclusion about this area of his life. The diagnosis of the cause of his mental and physical problems includes a variety of debilitating conditions, but agoraphobia with the addition of psychoneurosis is most probably correct.

Unfortunately, most writers have shied away from this topic, partly because Darwin is now idolized by many scientists and others. Often listed as one of the greatest scientists of the nineteenth century, if not the greatest scientist that ever lived, Darwin is one of the few scientists known to most Americans. To understand Darwin as a person and his motivations, one must consider his mental condition and how it affected his work and conclusions.
[Please continue reading the truth about Charles Darwin and his severe health issues below. Click on the link.]

fyi -CONCLUSIONS~
<http://www.icr.org/article/was-charles-darwin-psychotic-study-his-mental-heal>
~~~~~~~~
© 2024 The Orbis Vitae Community