"When you lie..." - 01/13/11 01:10 AM

"When you lie, all truth is against you."
Posted By: Abigail

Re: "When you lie..." - 01/13/11 02:16 PM

WOW! That's really heavy, Russ!

'Loose lips sink ships.'

--World War II poster

--
'One of the striking differences between a cat and a lie is a cat only has nine lives.'

--Mark Twain

Re: "When you lie..." - 03/19/14 05:26 PM

--EXCUSES --(Lies?)

Several years ago I visited a man who had stopped attending our church. Joe was getting up in years but was in fairly good health.

He greeted me at the door but hesitated to let me in. "'Joe," I explained through the screen, "we've missed you in church. Is there any problem I should be aware of?"

"No," he replied. "I'm getting older and am having some trouble getting around. It's just too difficult for me to make church anymore."

"I'm sorry to hear that. There are a lot of steps here and at church. I know you don't have a car, and it's a good mile from here to church. Is there any way we can help?"

"I don't know who I'd ask for a ride," he said, and I detected the implication: And I don't want you to arrange one, either.

"How about if I visit you regularly as a shut-in, instead? I could come to your house each month with Communion and a tape recording of one of the services for you to listen to at your convenience. How would you like that?"
Joe's face dropped suddenly, and his eyes averted mine. dunno "That wouldn't work out because I'm gone so much. You'd seldom find me at home." ~~

--John E Kassen

Re: "When you lie..." - 04/21/14 10:01 PM

--The Undeniable, Living Christ

--BIBLE MEDITATION:
“...we believe and are sure that Thou art that Christ, cross the Son of the living God.” John 6:69

-DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
Jesus Christ is a fact of history. All secular historians who have any merit admit that, regardless of what they believe about Him, Jesus lived! There’s no way to explain that the Christian Church exists apart from the fact that Jesus Christ was here.

What did the early church preach? Not only that Jesus was here, but that He walked out of the grave. How do you explain that? Somebody said, “Well, they must have made up the story. They said they touched Him, they said they ate with Him.” Oh? We’re talking about men who died for their faith. Do you think they would willingly, knowingly die for a lie? A man may live for a lie, but few would die for one.

--ACTION POINT:
-Are you willing to die for the cause of Christ? This man who died for you...are you willing to die for Him?

--Adrian Rogers

Re: "When you lie..." - 04/23/14 03:04 PM

--"When you lie..."

--'A lie is like a snowball. The longer it is rolled on the ground the larger it becomes.' stopmouth

--Martin Luther

-----
--'When a fellow says, "It isn't the money but the principle of the thing"---it's the money.

--Kin Hubbard

Re: "When you lie..." - 04/26/18 02:26 PM

---GODLESS LIVING~~

"Their thinking became useless. Their foolish minds were filled with darkness. They said they were wise, but they became fools."
---(ROMANS 1:21-22)- bible

~~~Since the hedonist has never seen the hand who made the universe, he assumes there is no life beyond the here and now.
He believes there is no truth beyond this room. No purpose beyond his own pleasure. No divine factor. He has no concern for the eternal.....

The hedonist says, "Who cares? I may be bad, but so what? What I do is my business." He's more concerned about satisfying his passion than in knowing the Father. His life is so desperate for pleasure that he has no time or room for God.

Is he right? Is it OK to spend our days thumbing our noses at God and living it up?

-Paul says, "Absolutely not!"
According to Romans 1, we lose more than stained-glass windows when we dismiss God. We lose our standard, our purpose, and our worship. ~~

--'In the Grip of Grace'/ By: Max Lucado~~

--"Great Are You Lord" / By: Casting Crowns<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZqV6i98SkA>
--------
© 2024 The Orbis Vitae Community