Posted By: Abigail

--Speak when you're angry.... - 02/10/11 12:55 AM

- seehearspeak

'Speak when you're angry--and you'll make the best speech you'll ever regret.'

--Laurence J. Peter

Re: --Speak when you're angry...Watch your words - 09/09/14 10:25 PM

--Watch your words...

--'Criticism is something we can avoid by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing."
-- idea
--Aristotle~~

Re: --Speak when you're angry.... - 03/04/15 04:23 PM

--ANGER ~~

-IN a 1994 article, "Wars' Lethal Leftovers Threaten Europeans," Associated Press reporter Christopher Burns writes:
The bombs of World War II are still killing in Europe. They turn up--sometimes blow up--at construction sites, in fishing nets, or on beaches fifty years after the guns fell silent.

Hundreds of tons of explosives are recovered every year in France alone. Thirteen old bombs exploded in France in 1993, killing twelve people and wounding eleven.

"I've lost two of my colleagues," said Yvon Bouvet, who heads a government team in the Champagne-Ardennes region that defuses explosives from both World War I and II. "Unexploded bombs become more dangerous with time. With the corrosion inside, the weapon becomes more unstable, and the detonator can be exposed."

'What is true of lingering bombs is also true of lingering anger. Buried anger will explode when we least expect it.'

--Barry McGee--1001 Quotes /Resentment, Temper~
----------

Re: --Speak when you're angry.... - 05/08/16 12:20 PM

--"Guard your heart with all diligence for out of it flows the issues of life." bible --(Proverbs 4:23)~~

--SHOW COURTESY~~

-WHEN my father was in the hospital, he had a stream of visitors from the church. One day two men stopped by.
Their quiet conversation was interrupted by the other patient's peppery language from behind the curtain. Before leaving, the visitors read some Scriptures and prayed.

After they left, the roommate loosed another string of profanity and then sheepishly confessed to Dad," If I'd known one of those guys was a Minister, I'd have watched my language."

"Oh," Dad replied, "They're the Deacons in the church. I'm the Minister." ~~
-----
----'Ninety percent of the friction of daily life is caused by the wrong tone of voice.'
--Francois de la Rochefoucault~~

Re: --Speak when you're angry.... - 05/14/16 01:49 PM

---YOU CAN CONTROL YOUR SPEECH~~

“If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.”
--- (James 1:26)

We must watch what we say, because one word builds upon another, and it can get worse and worse. You have the snowball effect.

You say, “Well, I can't control it.” You're a liar! You can control it, and I can prove it. For example, sometimes in a home a husband and wife are just snarling, fighting, snapping down one another's throat. Their voices are full of hostility. Then right in the middle of that kind of an argument, the phone rings. They answer the phone and say so sweet and nicely, “H-e-l-l-o…”

You can control it. And you'd better learn to control it. If you don't, you're going to be out of control.

This week, memorize Proverbs 29:20: bible “Do you see a man hasty in his words? There is more hope for a fool than for him.”
--Adrian Rogers ~~

Re: --Speak when you're angry.... - 05/18/16 06:02 PM

--The Mind verses the Brain~~

--BIBLE MEDITATION:
“Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.”
--- (Philippians 4:8) crackthebook

--DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
Did you know there is a difference between your mind and your brain? The brain is what the mind thinks with. The relationship of the mind and the brain is very similar to the relationship of a pianist and a piano. The piano is the brain and the pianist is the mind.

The most dangerous thing in the world is a man with a bad mind and a good brain. He is a clever devil.

When you get saved, you don’t get a new brain. You get a new mind. And the god of this world will do all he can to distort your mind. Why? Because Proverbs 23:7 says, “For as he thinks in his heart, so is he.”

--ACTION POINT:
-Dwell today on the true, the honest, the just, the pure, the lovely—think on virtue and praise. Pray for missionaries serving the Lord in other countries—that they will dwell on the truths of the Lord and that their walks will be strong and undeterred from the Lord’s mission.
--(Philippians 4:4-9)

--Adrian Rogers~~

--"The steadfast of mind You will keep in perfect peace,
Because he trusts in You."

--(ISAIAH 26:3)
© 2024 The Orbis Vitae Community