News you won't see in controlled mainstream media.

Circle-of-Life Forums - Welcome
Open-Source News, Natural Health, Recipes, Freedom, Preparedness, Computers, Technology, Movies, Reviews, History, Wisdom, Truth
See All Social Media We Are On | Trouble viewing videos? Use FireFox instead of Chrome.
Mercury Detox & Amalgam Fillings Forum

The Mercury Detox & Amalgam Fillings Forum

Detoxing Heavy Metals, Removing Amalgam Fillings, Understanding Mercury Poisoning

Our Most Popular Videos, Audio Clips, and Articles

Text
Text

views

Secret News
News you won't hear in controlled mainstream media.
Video Document
Video

views

CFL Bulbs: Are They Safe?
An experiment exposing the serious danger of compact fluorescent bulbs.
Video Document
Video

views

Mercury From Canned Fish Contaminating Your Kitchen
Open a can of fish and you begin breathing mercury vapor.
Website
Website

(remote)

views

Spraying the Skies with Toxic Metals
Have you heard about the epic crime of human history?
Video
Video

views

The Global Depopulation Agenda Documented
A MUST-SEE lecture for every parent!
Video
Video

views

What In the World are They Spraying?
Vaccination via the air for everyone, every day!
Video
Video

views

The
A 2-minute explanation of the global warming lie.
Video
Video

views

Global Warming: The Other Side
The Weather Channel founder exposes the GW lie.
Video
Video

views

Know Your Enemy
A revolutionary look at Earth history.
Video
Video

views

Mystery Babylon
The grandmother of all conspiracies.
Video
Video

views

The Power Behind the New World Order
An essential video for all wishing to understand.
Video
Video

views

Global Warming: Is CO2 the Cause
Dr. Robert Carter tells the truth about global warming.
Video
Video

views

All Jesse Ventura Conspiracy Theory Episodes In One Place
Easily find the episodes you want to watch.
Text
Text

views

New Study Steers Mercury Blame Away From Vaccines Toward Environment: But Where's It Coming From?
New study steers mercury blame away from vaccines.
Text
Text

views

Revelation 18:23 What does "sorcery" really mean?
Text
Text

views

The Leading Cause of Death Globally - Likely Has Been for Decades
Modern medicine leading cause of death globally?
Video
Video

views

Lies In the Textbooks - Full Version
Blatant, intentional lies in American textbooks.
Text
Text

views

Stop Chemical and Biological Testing on U.S. Citizens
Testing on U.S. Citizens is perfectly legal today.
Text
Text

views

Do Vaccines Cause Cancer? Cancerous Cell Lines Used in the Development of Vaccines
DOCUMENTED! Cancerous cell lines used in vaccines!
Video
Video

views

Italian Doctor - Dr. Tullio Simoncini - Reportedly Curing 90% of Cancer Cases
Italian Doctor makes history & gets license revoked.
Video
Video

views

Apollyon Rising 2012 - The Final Mystery Of The Great Seal Revealed: A Terrifying And Prophetic Cipher, Hidden From The World By The U.S. Government For Over 200 Years Is Here
The Final Mystery Of the Great Seal of the U.S. Revealed
Video
Video

views

Invisible Empire - New Epic Video about the New World Order
Epic Video about the New World Order.
Video
Video

views

The Lie of the Serpent: Dr. Walter Veith Examines the New Age Movement's Relationship to the New World Order
The New Age Movement & The New World Order
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Whitewater, drug smuggling, and the bloodiest campaign trail in history
Text Document
Text

views

Secret News
Professional actors in politics and media
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The biggest conspiracy of all: Keeping it all in the family
Text Document
Text

views

Secret News
Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP): The language of politics
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Congressman Sherman tells it like it is; Is anyone listening?
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The only way to ensure privacy is to remove your cell phone battery
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Rep Kapture reveals epic crimes that remain unpunished
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The reason so many are sterile, sick and dying today
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Former U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney Says "No Evidence" for Bin Laden Involvement in 9-11
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The highest elected U.S. officials make sure they are exempt from justice.
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The murder of JFK cleared the way for the communist globalist agenda
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The world's largest military contractors exposed in "Iraq For Sale"
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
A paradigm-changing video that everyone must see.
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
This is a chilling video that exposes the use-or misuse-of the word "force" in HR1955
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
A Hollywood producer told about 9/11 before it happened
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
How many other news stories have been faked that we don't know about?
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Texas legislators on both sides of the iasle voting for each other
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper and Australian Prime Minister John Howard give the same speech
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Why are are few (not all) police working to promote hate and violence?
Text Document
Text

views

Secret News
New grassroots movement protects U.S. citizens against unlawful police action
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Russ), 1,966 guests, and 26 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Left Sidebar Ad
Popular Topics(Views)
339,415 DOES GOD EXIST?
254,253 Please HELP!!!
162,201 Open Conspiracy
106,716 History rules
99,119 Symmetry
87,890 oil pulling
Support Our Forum
Herbs/Nutrition
Only The Best HerbsOnly The Best Herbs!
Your best source of world-class herbal information! More...
Mercury Detox
Amalgam Illness: Diagnosis and Treatment by Dr. Andrew Cutler#1 Book We've Found!
"Silver" fillings, mercury detox, & much more. More...
Algin
AlginFor Mercury Detox
Prevent mercury reabsorption in the colon during detox. More...
Mercury Poisoning
DMSA, 25mg.Softcover & Kindle
Excellent resource for mercury detox. More...
DMSA 100mg
EDTA 500mg
DMSA, 25mg.For Mercury Chelation
For calcium chelation and heart health. More...
Vaccine Safety?
Vaccines: The Risks, The Benefits, The Choices by Dr. Sherri TenpennyMust for Every Parent
The most complete vaccine info on the planet. More...
Stop Candida!
Candida ClearFinally.
Relief! More...
Saying NO To Vaccines
Saying No To Vaccines by Dr. Sherri TenpennyDr. Sherri Tenpenny
Get the info you need to protect yourself. More...
Nano-Silver
Amalgam Illness: Diagnosis and Treatment by Dr. Andrew CutlerWhat everyone's talking about!
Safe, powerful, timely! More...
World's Best Vitamin E
Vitamin E wih SeleniumThere is a difference!
A powerful brain antioxidant for use during Hg detox. More...
It's All In Your Head
It's All In Your Head by Dr. Hal HugginsThis changed my life!
This book convinced me remove my fillings. More...
World's Best Multi
Super Supplemental - Full-Spectrum Multivitamin/Mineral/Herbal SupplementThis is what we use!
The only multi where you feel the difference. More...
Understand Hair Tests
Hair Test Interpretation: Finding Hidden Toxicities by Dr. Andrew CutlerHair Tests Explained!
Discover hidden toxicities, easily. More...
GABA
GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid)Have Racing Thoughts?
Many use GABA for anxiety and better sleep. More...
Pet Health Charts
Pet Health Charts for Dogs, Cats, Horses, and BirdsHelp Them!
Natural health for pets. More...
The Companion Bible (Hardcover)
The Companion BibleThe Bible We Use!
King James with study notes by Bullinger. More...
The Companion Bible (Softcover)
The Companion BibleThe Bible We Use!
King James with study notes by Bullinger. More...
Sweet Remedy
Sweet RemedyFood Additives
Protect your family from toxic food! More...
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
My Chelation Journal #59417
10/07/10 01:23 AM
10/07/10 01:23 AM
G
GettingBetter  Offline OP
Sophmore Member
I'll be documenting my rounds and asking questions along the way, I'll also be happy to do my best to answer any questions if someone has them.

I've never had a filling and haven't been vaccinated in over 20 years. I'm 31, am very active, and take care of myself (exercise and eat right).

My dose is 50mg (two 25mg pills) of DMSA every three hours on the dot haven't missed a dose (and won't). I've just completed my second day and haven't felt anything except for great. The only side effect I've noticed is my piss smells like sulfur (enough that I can smell it from where I stand, and I'm 6'2) If I don't feel any sickness at all after the first week I wonder if I should go right to adding ALA- any input would be great.

Re: My Chelation Journal [Re: GettingBetter] #59422
10/07/10 10:23 AM
10/07/10 10:23 AM
JK98  Offline
Master Elite Member
NYC ***
Wait a month or two before adding ALA. You started your first round of DMSA with 50mg doses? That is large dosage to start with.

Re: My Chelation Journal [Re: JK98] #59433
10/07/10 07:54 PM
10/07/10 07:54 PM
G
Sophmore Member
Originally Posted by JK98
Wait a month or two before adding ALA. You started your first round of DMSA with 50mg doses? That is large dosage to start with.

After all the reading I did I decided to go with 50mg as it's what was originally suggested by Cutler. It seems lower doses are for people who have had many vaccinations or amalgams which would explain their sickly reaction to 50mg.

I'm going to go ahead and follow what Cutler said and take your advice by waiting before adding ALA. Thanks

Re: My Chelation Journal [Re: GettingBetter] #59434
10/07/10 08:49 PM
10/07/10 08:49 PM
JK98  Offline
Master Elite Member
NYC ***
The half life of DMSA is 4 hours. Usually when people take DMSA and ALA they take the two together every 3 hours(the half life of ALA). Using DMSA alone, you can take a dose every 4 hours. Taking it every 3 hours won't hurt, but taking it every 4 hours in future rounds might be easier for you, especially at night.

Re: My Chelation Journal [Re: JK98] #59435
10/08/10 12:17 AM
10/08/10 12:17 AM
S
Sean  Offline
Elite Member
Virginia Woodbridge United Sta... ***
Never had a filling and not a vaccine in over 20 years? You should be alot better off than most on here then by far! I doubt you get the side effects most would on here.

I will love to hear your story and if you get side effects or actually feel chelation (Maybe from other metals as well). Keep us posted in here. Are you depressed and feel bad? What was your reasoning to do it? You would probably not have much mercury in you compared to some in here (I had a HUGE full tooth full of mercury for years! It split in half! The whole tooth was silver and it was a moler).

I wish you luck.

In Sanskrit, tulsi means literally "the incomparable one" and has been revered since ancient times. Tulsi, the holy basil, is said to have grown at the site of Christ’s crucifixion and is associated with St. Basil’s feast.
Re: My Chelation Journal [Re: Sean] #59453
10/08/10 11:03 PM
10/08/10 11:03 PM
JK98  Offline
Master Elite Member
NYC ***
I had 25 mercury fillings, most for over 20 years! I am still sick but fighting for my health. The tough part is when you need to chelate but feel too sick to chelate.

The Cutler protocol with ALA and DMSA helps get rid of mercury, lead, arsenic, cadmium, and other heavy metals.

Re: My Chelation Journal [Re: JK98] #59454
10/08/10 11:20 PM
10/08/10 11:20 PM
S
Sean  Offline
Elite Member
OMG JK! WOW! I can't imagine 25 fillings (I had a ONE HUGE TOOTH FULL which equaled like three in one lol), I had the most 3 in my life and one fell out early and no clue what happened to it! I hope I did not swallow it.

I had the regular vaccines as a kid I guess my mom said but don't remember one, I had antibiotics a few times in high school for my sinus infections (Atleast three times), I had an inhaler and a nose inhaler as well which are steroid and thats where my Candida came from there!

I have had floaters in front of my eyes since a kid, those spots came from either Mercury or some kind of yeast or parasite I am convinced. I have had OCD almost my whole life and a thing called aspergers if you know what it is? I also have hyperacusis which is sensitivity to noise, they have always bothered me (The letter S being the worst for some reason).

We could turn this or make a story thread if you like? Maybe we should make seperate ones about us now or in the future on our experiences.

Sean

In Sanskrit, tulsi means literally "the incomparable one" and has been revered since ancient times. Tulsi, the holy basil, is said to have grown at the site of Christ’s crucifixion and is associated with St. Basil’s feast.
Re: My Chelation Journal [Re: Sean] #59458
10/08/10 11:44 PM
10/08/10 11:44 PM
J
JPL1.618  Offline
Sophmore Member
I had 5 fillings in baby teeth and 10 fillings in adult teeth and vaccines as a child. I was a military brat so we probably got the works. When I found out I had mercury toxicity from fillings in 2008, my dental records showed these numbers but when I looked in my mouth I only had 2 and a half left so I think all the others vaporized, thus I'm very toxic.

Re: My Chelation Journal [Re: JPL1.618] #59485
10/11/10 02:14 PM
10/11/10 02:14 PM
G
Sophmore Member
Just finished my first round (1 full week) of 50mg doses of DMSA every three hours. I never felt anything negative that I could confidently attribute to the chelation. I've felt great the entire way through it although I am glad it's over so I don't have to wake my girlfriend and myself up three times during the night so I can do it.

I've read a post from Cutler saying that DMSA isn't absolutely necessary for chelation but ALA is. Here's the quote so I'm not putting words in anyone's mouth:

"A lot of adults succesfully detoxed with ALA alone (mostly because
they couldn't tolerate DMSA for some or other reason). The ALA is
essential to detox, the DMSA is not.

Andy"

Since I have this coming from someone who literally, "wrote the book" on the subject coupled with the fact that I've felt no negative side effects I feel confident with starting ALA in my next round along with my DMSA.

In the meantime I'm going to start researching good ways to remove (or at least reduce) parasites in my body. If you have any favorite links/sources or programs that you recommend feel free to drop me a line so I can look it over and decide which one I'm going to go with!

Thanks to the forum and everyone here so far, even if nothing dramatic happens here it will be nice to have peace of mind that I removed any small amount of mercury I had in my body.

I'll update more as I continue.

Last edited by itsmattgw; 10/11/10 02:14 PM.
Re: My Chelation Journal [Re: GettingBetter] #59486
10/11/10 03:34 PM
10/11/10 03:34 PM
S
StillHopeFull  Offline
Sophmore Member
UK
Well done itsmattgw and thanks for sharing it with everyone. I would like to start DMSA in the near future, then a few months later ALA. I'm not looking forward to waking up during the night as my sleep isn't great.

My dentist is recommending the 'Heels' detox kit which is a homeopathic solution, I may wait until I see him before deciding which way to go.

Re: My Chelation Journal [Re: StillHopeFull] #59492
10/11/10 06:00 PM
10/11/10 06:00 PM
Bex  Offline
Master Elite Member
NZ ****
Hi Stillhopefull, I've done the HEELS detox kit. It does definitely do something and helps stimulate the organs - liver, kidneys, gall bladder etc to help expel toxins and metals. However, it does not directly chelate metals. It may stimulate detoxification though and in doing that, may sometimes cause very strong reactions. I found that often in my early days of mercury toxicity (post amalgam removal). Sometimse almost intolerable. But I do believe it can help.

I often had to take alot less than instructed and stop alot sooner. I repeated this often. I am sure that, along with other things I diet (diet, supplementation with quality antixoidants, essential fatty acids), exercise, hot baths with epsom salts or baking soda and sea salt to increase sweating, all helped with expelling toxins over time.

HEELS, was one of those things I would use and I used that quite alot because I do believe it helped my body excrete toxins. But as I said, there was still alot of mobilising at that time because of such high mercury still in my blood/tissues.

I wound up using Andy Cutler's protocol in the end, and was surprised at how much I tolerated it. I really wanted to get the metals OUT of me and more effectively without all the horrible and unpredicatable side effects that I often got from things like Chlorella etc. And when I say side effects, I mean psycho type ones, where you're just about going insane and tearing your hair out.

Once I started using the DMSA appropriately (every 4 hours around the clock), I began to notice the symptoms, though still difficult, were far more controlled and I was able to actually stick to this protocol. Though I sometimes had to cut the round short if I felt too tired/achey and sick. But at least I wasn't going pyscho! And I continued that on and off (when I could) and began to notice more strides in health improvements and reduced metals.

however, as I've mentioned, my mistake was laziness in chelation. Incomplete mercury chelation is a bit like a ticking time bomb. And ALA is the main chelator for organs and brain. This is essential according to Cutler. But only after blood levels have been reduced (which DMSA does). Leaving the organ mercury there can make you open and vulnerable to other problems to come onboard later (ie. bacteria/viruses) and for me cavitations from tooth removal. Such things, in a more healthy and less toxic body could probably be healed from. However, in a still very mercury toxic body, I didn't heal from because I was still so poisoned. They, in turn, can make it difficult, if not near impossible to then deal with the mercury and respond properly to chelating agents. And you see the vicious cycle.

Cutler advises that even when the person starts FEELING well, they should continue ALA chelation for a year or so, to make sure they detox more organ mercury. Chelation can definitely start to make a person feel good again, but that does not mean the person is detoxed enough from organ mercury to prevent future problems. Better safe than sorry! Keep chelating with it for sometime after you're "feeling well".

Re: My Chelation Journal [Re: StillHopeFull] #59495
10/11/10 08:54 PM
10/11/10 08:54 PM
JK98  Offline
Master Elite Member
NYC ***
I like Kroeger Wormwood Combination for a parasite cleanse. I use two bottles for a one month cleanse. It is only around $6 a bottle on the net. Some like Humaworm, only available directly at Humaworm.com for $30 for a one month cleanse. Humaworm has some laxatives in it, which is why I haven't used it. If one has large parasites or is very constipated, I guess the laxatives in it could be helpful. The wormwood combination has no laxatives(although wormwood and black walnut hull have very weak laxative properties). There is also Paragone which is very popular.

Re: My Chelation Journal [Re: GettingBetter] #59497
10/12/10 06:57 AM
10/12/10 06:57 AM
S
seeker  Offline
Sophmore Member
hi there

@itsmattgw - does that quote from Andy mean that chelating with ALA alone can be done effectively?

Sorry just terribly confused as I read on this forum not to use ALA alone.

thanks

Re: My Chelation Journal [Re: seeker] #59498
10/12/10 08:13 AM
10/12/10 08:13 AM
Bex  Offline
Master Elite Member
NZ ****
Seeker, yes ALA alone can be done effectively. Cutler talks about this in his book. For those who cannot afford DMSA, don't react well to it, or just do not wish to get it, they can chelate fine on ALA alone. It is an antioxidant, so is natural, but has been found to cross the blood brain barrier and chelate mercury from the brain. Bonus!

DMSA can be used alongside ALA to help with side effects and increase chelation at the sametime. It helps keep things more stable.

DMSA is optional according to Culter. ALA is essential.

One is advised to use DMSA in the early stages to help reduce blood levels of mercury and help with the side effects of being poisoned at the sametime. But DMSA does not chelate organ/brain mercury to any clinical degree. So it's a good one to take to clear extracellular mercury (mercury on the outside of cells).

But one not HAVE to use it. One can in fact "wait it out" for the first 3 months or so without taking it at all. But it maybe alot slower and more painful to struggle through that time as the blood mercury declines, because DMSA clears things more effectively and can help with symptoms. Though some people may find it intensifies symptoms because it's chelating mercury! It can differ from person to person, plus sometimes it may create reactions, other times it can help them!

But yes, you can wait out that time and then after 3 months or so is up, you can simply use ALA alone. However, I would personally advise using DMSA, because I think it is a stronger chelator than I had realised and does remove mercury really well. Even if it's not able to chelate organ mercury too well. Which makes it a good one to use in the early stages.

Either way, ALA should not be used within the first 3 months following amalgam removal or recent mercury exposure. The blood levels should be allowed to reduce, either on their own, or with the help of DMSA during those first 3 months and then the brain chelator (ALA) can be brought on board.

Re: My Chelation Journal [Re: Bex] #59503
10/12/10 10:59 AM
10/12/10 10:59 AM
JK98  Offline
Master Elite Member
NYC ***
I tried ALA alone a few months after my amalgams were replaced, as I am frugal and didn't want to pay for DMSA. I realized that using DMSA for a year or two could end up costing well over $1,000 even at the lowest price I could find for it(in some places it even costs double or more the lowest US price. The lowest price I could find was around 80 cents for each 100 mg capsule).

ALA alone gave me very strong side effects that were very unpleasant. I suggest that no one try ALA alone unless they can't get DMSA(either because it is too expensive or not available in their country).

"Alpha lipoic acid should not be used alone, as it only mobilizes mercury with a weak bond. Without additional chelators present, such as DMPS or DMSA, the mercury may just redistribute elsewhere in the body instead of being removed."

http://www.diagnose-me.com/treat/T76343.html

Last edited by JK98; 10/12/10 11:01 AM.
Re: My Chelation Journal [Re: JK98] #59509
10/12/10 05:39 PM
10/12/10 05:39 PM
S
StillHopeFull  Offline
Sophmore Member
UK
This is a really good thread, some great posts, thanks for your advice Bex.

I promised myself that I wouldn't rush into anything post removal and just see how my body reacted. It's been about 2 months now and I feel I want to move things on. Would it make any sense to take DMSA and the Heels kit? As the Heels kit mobilise mercury and DMSA chelates?

Also you mention exercise, I find this interesting many people have felt better walking and jogging. I can feel better doing a little aerobic exercise, but if I try to do some light/moderate weight bearing exercises I can feel really rough for the next day or two. Can anyone shed any light on this? I can only assume that the resistance training is breaking down muscle and the last thing an over burdened body needs to do is repair muscle tissue?

Re: My Chelation Journal [Re: StillHopeFull] #59514
10/12/10 07:05 PM
10/12/10 07:05 PM
Bex  Offline
Master Elite Member
NZ ****
Hi Stillhopefull,

No problem smile

I'm not sure about Heels detox kit mixed with taking DMSA....it might be fine though, particularly if it's aiding and stimulating the organs of detoxification. You'll be the best judge as to your own response and reactions. If you find it too much, it maybe better to try one of them first and build up from there to see how you react.

I found that exercise stimulated detoxification also. By circulation, increased oxygen intake, muscular work, and increased sweating. In doing these things, I began to eliminate more toxins via the skin and I believe lungs also. I honestly feel that it mobilises quite alot of toxins from fat/tissue in the body. This alone has actually helped me quite substantially, along with diet and getting more iodine into me.

Your reactions to weight bearing exercise may have something to do with lactic acid (which I heard something about) with people who are toxic. I'm not too clued up it however. It could well also be because in a toxic/fatigued body, weight bearing exercises can be particularly difficult - I have found the same. But not forgetting toxic mobilisation too in the process. I just tried to keep things in moderation, but make sure that I did them with a day or two of rest inbetween. Never everyday! I always got far too sick.

You may find that chelation starts to help these reactions over time. You should become more tolerant of exercise and later more tolerant of certain foods you may have had problems with too. Mercury creates so many problems, it's hard to even list them all.

Re: My Chelation Journal [Re: Bex] #59529
10/13/10 03:33 PM
10/13/10 03:33 PM
S
StillHopeFull  Offline
Sophmore Member
UK
Hi Bex,

Thanks, you've helped me make my mind up I am going to purchase some DMSA today and start very tentatively. Previously JK98 passed on some links for purchase in the UK, so I will follow those.

I haven't experienced the improvement I hoped for since removal, however I do not regret it one bit. I need to remember that I have been accumulating this stuff for over 30 years so I can't expect to get better in a few weeks.

As for the exercise I can only do once a week and that has to be on the weekend when I can have a lie in. Glutamine helped me greatly in the past, I may try that again and see if I can do two sessions a week. The only other exercise I get is walking the dogs (at least it gets me out).

Sorry itsmattgw for hijacking your thread, thanks for keeping us updated on progress, I will do the same. Good Luck.

Re: My Chelation Journal [Re: StillHopeFull] #59547
10/13/10 11:26 PM
10/13/10 11:26 PM
G
Sophmore Member
No problem, it's all useful information everyone is posting which is the purpose of this thread. It's also giving me more things to think/research about which is leading to new things for me to consider and is how I got here in the first place. thanks everyone

Re: My Chelation Journal [Re: GettingBetter] #59578
10/15/10 12:14 AM
10/15/10 12:14 AM
JK98  Offline
Master Elite Member
NYC ***
Don't rush things. I tried to chelate too aggressively, then crashed hard, and stopped chelating for many months. The best idea is a slow and steady program of chelation, gradually increasing the dosages over time. This round I added NAC. The NAC really seems to help when used together with ALA and DMSA.
I know when chelation is working, as it gives me a mild headache.

Re: My Chelation Journal [Re: JK98] #59631
10/18/10 07:42 PM
10/18/10 07:42 PM
G
Sophmore Member
ROUND 2:

Round 2 started today at 12PM, I'm taking 50mg of DMSA along with 50 mg of ALA every three hours. I've taken 3 doses so far and I think I may actually feel something going on. Possibly a slight sickness or headache but it's really tough to tell which means it's not that bad.

I don't feel any sickness in my stomach whatsoever, it sort of feels like maybe there's a tingling going on in my brain but the mind can play tricks on you, especially when you know you're taking something that is supposed to affect your brain. I'll try to keep an open un-biased mind and we'll see what happens after several more doses.

Re: My Chelation Journal [Re: GettingBetter] #59648
10/19/10 02:34 PM
10/19/10 02:34 PM
G
Sophmore Member
Ok so yesterday after my last post as the day/night went on I definitely felt sickly. I have no reason to believe it's not the detox since I haven't been sick in over five years and now suddenly feel this immediately after taking the pills. I would describe it as if I spun around in circles three times quickly; it wouldn't cause you to be super dizzy but you'd feel it a little bit. This feeling continued all through last night.

Today I feel a bit better but I can tell there's still something going on. At times I feel like my head is being scrambled, like a sudden flash of confusion comes over me for just a second and then I'm fine. My neck feels a bit tight as well as some of my other joints and I feel other sensations in my head, like a headache but different; it's not a pain just a feeling I don't ever remember having before.

Overall I feel pretty good, I can still function, go to work etc it's just a slight feeling of sickness, very manageable (although annoying) so I'll continue the dosing.

Re: My Chelation Journal [Re: GettingBetter] #59649
10/19/10 05:57 PM
10/19/10 05:57 PM
Bex  Offline
Master Elite Member
NZ ****
Good going itsmattgw! It sounds like this is really doing something to you. Symptoms, though not pleasant, are at least indicative of something happening! especially when you are taking chelating/detox products.

This should really encourage and motivate you to continue. That is really good that you can still function and even work whilst you are doing this and taking the doses you are.

All the best and I'll look forward to your next update smile

Re: My Chelation Journal [Re: Bex] #59651
10/19/10 08:50 PM
10/19/10 08:50 PM
JK98  Offline
Master Elite Member
NYC ***
Try to finish the round if you can. If you can't, then stop the round early, wait a few days, then next round use 50 mg DMSA, 25 mg ALA. If you complete the round, and it wasn't so uncomfortable, then you should use the same dosage next round. If it was uncomfortable, then do 50 mg DMSA and 25 mg ALA bext time.

One other thing. To minimize side effects after the round, it is a good idea to take DMSA only the last 2 or 3 doses.

Re: My Chelation Journal [Re: JK98] #59690
10/21/10 12:02 AM
10/21/10 12:02 AM
G
Sophmore Member
I've felt fine all day and haven't missed any doses, still going with 50mg dmsa and 50 mg ALA every three hours-I don't feel sick at all.

If I continue this week feeling like I do now then next round I'll probably move to 50 mg DMSA with 75 mg (or possibly 100mg) ALA every three hours.

I've read quite a bit and can't find a solid answer on this question: I know you're not supposed to decrease doses during a round but would it hurt if I increased my dose from 50 mg of ALA to 75? I thought I read somewhere it's okay to increase the dose during a round but I can't find confirmation.

Thanks everyone

Last edited by itsmattgw; 10/21/10 12:06 AM.
Re: My Chelation Journal [Re: GettingBetter] #59692
10/21/10 04:19 AM
10/21/10 04:19 AM
S
StoicButStressed  Offline
Freshman Member
Thanks for this thread, I've found it really useful for at least helping me grasp some of the questions I need to ask. Good luck with your journey, and lucky you with no fillings - I have 16+ I need to get rid of and feeling kinda overwhelmed at mo. It's so helpful to be able to see other people's stories and I will be watching yours! BTW, if no fillings and feeling great, what is it that prompted you to start chelation?

Re: My Chelation Journal [Re: StoicButStressed] #59694
10/21/10 09:50 AM
10/21/10 09:50 AM
JK98  Offline
Master Elite Member
NYC ***
"If I continue this week feeling like I do now then next round I'll probably move to 50 mg DMSA with 75 mg (or possibly 100mg) ALA every three hours."

Slow down. Don't increase the dosage so fast. It is better to take a slow and steady approach. Imo you should stay at the 50mg+50mg dosage for at least a few weeks.

Re: My Chelation Journal [Re: StoicButStressed] #59714
10/21/10 04:38 PM
10/21/10 04:38 PM
G
Sophmore Member
Originally Posted by StoicButStressed
Thanks for this thread, I've found it really useful for at least helping me grasp some of the questions I need to ask. Good luck with your journey, and lucky you with no fillings - I have 16+ I need to get rid of and feeling kinda overwhelmed at mo. It's so helpful to be able to see other people's stories and I will be watching yours! BTW, if no fillings and feeling great, what is it that prompted you to start chelation?

I've had vaccinations as a child and been drinking tap water for a long time (drinking mainly Berkey filtered water now with reverse osmosis) so I most likely have at least some mercury/lead build up in my tissue. I've read that this could lead to long term side effects which I aim to avoid/minimize.

I think feeling good is relative, I may get done with this and feel even better than I do now and realize how crappy I felt before, or I may not feel any change- either way I'll have peace of mind. smile

Last edited by itsmattgw; 10/21/10 04:40 PM.
Re: My Chelation Journal [Re: GettingBetter] #59768
10/25/10 01:04 PM
10/25/10 01:04 PM
G
Sophmore Member
End of Round 2 Update

Today is the end of round 2 of me taking 50mg DMSA with 50mg of ALA every 3 hours. Something unknown happened with the alarm on my phone and I missed one of my doses on Wed by two hours, I immediately took it and then continued taking them once every three hours from the time I took it on the late dose. I never felt any ill effects from this.

Overall the only time I felt any sickness was the first 24 hours of the Round (1 round = 1 week), the rest of the week I felt fine with no negative or positive side effects. I may be having some positive results with more energy and possibly my tinnitus (ringing in ears) has improved. This is very anecdotal at this point and will take more rounds and time to see for sure.

I've continued reading / educating myself more and more as the weeks go by and have determined my next round will most likely be 50 mg of DMSA with 100 mg of ALA every three hours. Until then I'll enjoy my week off. smile

Last edited by itsmattgw; 10/25/10 01:05 PM.
Re: My Chelation Journal [Re: GettingBetter] #59775
10/25/10 03:30 PM
10/25/10 03:30 PM
JK98  Offline
Master Elite Member
NYC ***
Tinnitus is associated with magnesium, B12 and zinc deficiency. Are you supplementing these? High doses(50 mg of each 2 or 3x a day) of other B vitamins may also help. B12 is hard to absorb. Some people make a paste from the B12 and put it in the nose for better absorption. If you don't want to do this, then try sublingual(dissolves under the tongue) B12 supplements.

Re: My Chelation Journal [Re: JK98] #59784
10/25/10 09:47 PM
10/25/10 09:47 PM
JK98  Offline
Master Elite Member
NYC ***
You are doing 7 days on, 7 days off? That is a very long round. I can barely go through 3 days on.

Re: My Chelation Journal [Re: JK98] #59785
10/26/10 02:44 AM
10/26/10 02:44 AM
G
Sophmore Member
It would make sense that the amount of mercury exposure a person has had over their life time would be a big variable in determining how much sickness they get from the rounds / dose. Since I haven't had vaccinations in a long time and never had amalgams it makes sense that I would be able to go the longer rounds and at higher doses.

If I get up to 100mg ALA doses with 50mg DMSA for a week and don't feel any ill side effects I'll most likely discontinue this as there isn't any significant amount of mercury in my system- which hopefully is the case.

Last edited by itsmattgw; 10/26/10 02:46 AM.
Re: My Chelation Journal [Re: GettingBetter] #59905
11/01/10 01:11 PM
11/01/10 01:11 PM
G
Sophmore Member
3rd Cycle Starting today: 100mg ALA 25mg DMSA

So I realize I've been calling things cycles and rounds and interchanging them, so from here on out I'm going to refer to each individual dosing as a round (1 round every 3 hours) and the entire week that I'm on it will be a cycle.

Anyway, since Cutler says that DMSA isn't necessary for chelation (ALA is) I've decided to decrease the dose of it to 25 mg to be more cost effective and easier on my kidneys since I've read that DMSA can work them. ALA on the other hand is good for your kidneys and since I went six days straight with no ill side effects I moved my ALA dosing up to 100 mg every three hours.

One thing I noticed is last week while taking the ALA I felt great. My brain seemed to have more focus and concentration and was running on all cylinders. This could have been for several reasons but it dwindled off when the cycle ended and I stopped taking the ALA. If it comes back this week while I'm on it I'll be inclined to believe that whether I'm chelating or not, ALA would be good to add to my daily supplements as it makes me feel good although I would only be taking one a day instead of every 3 hours.

Last edited by itsmattgw; 11/01/10 01:13 PM.
Re: My Chelation Journal [Re: GettingBetter] #59908
11/01/10 03:51 PM
11/01/10 03:51 PM
JK98  Offline
Master Elite Member
NYC ***
DMSA is also active against lead, arsenic, and cadmium. It might be a good idea to do a few more rounds using both DMSA and ALA.
If you get no adverse effects using 100 mg doses of ALA then you probably don't have a mercury problem.

Taking ALA just one dose a day is a bad idea. You might benefit from taking other sulphur supplements though such as NAC and MSM, and eating high sulphur foods such as garlic, eggs and broccoli.

Re: My Chelation Journal [Re: JK98] #59909
11/01/10 05:24 PM
11/01/10 05:24 PM
G
Sophmore Member
I've been looking up the dangers of taking ALA as a supplement (1 a day) and can't find any, why is it dangerous? Do you have any information/links on this? I could see how it would be bad if you had mercury poisoning as it would draw the mercury out into the bloodstream but not enough to remove it, but if you do it after removing mercury it would seem harmless.

What's the facts? thanks

Re: My Chelation Journal [Re: GettingBetter] #59911
11/01/10 08:59 PM
11/01/10 08:59 PM
Bex  Offline
Master Elite Member
NZ ****
ALA is not dangerous in and of itself. It is an antioxidant, naturally occuring in different foods. And somebody who does not have mercury or other metal toxicity (that it has an affinity to), would be ok to take it as a general supplement/antioxidant and would not have to consider dosing times etc.

When it is taken straight to be used as a chelator, it is a powerful one for mercury (organ mercury).

Because of this, it must be used appropriately, as it is able to cross the blood brain barrier so mercury can come out of the brain. If one uses ALA too early on when the blood/body levels are still too high, there is the risk that the ALA will take some of that mercury with it as it crosses into the brain.

The other risk of course is not taking it every 3 hours around the clock. The regular dosing is essential to reduce redistribution of mercury and ensure the blood levels of the chelator (ALA in this case) remains stable and consistent, so the movement and removal of mercury is the same.

Re: My Chelation Journal [Re: Bex] #59926
11/02/10 01:40 PM
11/02/10 01:40 PM
G
Sophmore Member
Thanks for the response, what you said is the same as the research that I've done on it.

Re: My Chelation Journal [Re: GettingBetter] #59933
11/02/10 04:39 PM
11/02/10 04:39 PM
Bex  Offline
Master Elite Member
NZ ****
You're welcome. Sorry, I've pretty much told you what you already know! I'm just not sure of any other "risks" in respect to ALA.

Re: My Chelation Journal [Re: Bex] #59936
11/02/10 06:21 PM
11/02/10 06:21 PM
G
Sophmore Member
Cycle 3 Update:

I've continued my rounds this cycle with 100mg ala and 25 mg dmsa every 3 hours and haven't felt sick at all, unlike last time where I spent about 1.5 days feeling a bit sick. I can assume that either I coincidentally felt sick at the exact same time I began my last cycle (unlikely but possible) or that I had a small amount of mercury which was removed and made me feel sick while it was in my bloodstream.

I'm going to finish this weeks cycle and will continue researching. I may consider stopping the chelation altogether since I'm not experiencing any sickness. I believe that Cutler stated 100mg to be the maximum to take every 3 hours and so I won't be testing anything beyond that.

Re: My Chelation Journal [Re: GettingBetter] #59939
11/02/10 07:34 PM
11/02/10 07:34 PM
JK98  Offline
Master Elite Member
NYC ***
I believe Andy Cutler mentioned one mg per pound body weight as the maximum dosage for ALA or DMSA. Other sources mentioned a maximum daily dosage for DMSA as somewhere between 10 and 30 mg per kg body weight. At 10 mg/kg, it works out to around 0.57 mg per pound per dose, or 100 mg per dose for a 175 pound person.
Too much DMSA is rough on the kidneys and can case diarrhea.
I think I will limit my DMSA dosage to 100mg. Recently I have been using 66 mg as the DMSA dosage. ALA is much less toxic than DMSA. It is even available in 600 mg tablets or capsules. I think up to 200 mg per dose is a reasonable maximum dosage for a 175 pound person.

Re: My Chelation Journal [Re: JK98] #59960
11/04/10 01:12 AM
11/04/10 01:12 AM
G
Sophmore Member
After reading JK98's post and verifying it with some things Cutler said as well as the fact that not only do I not feel any negative side effects I decided to increase my dose of ALA to 150mg and continue with 25mg of DMSA. I continued this all day today and still have no negative side effects and actually feel great (possibly the ALA?)

I may decide to max out at 200mg a dose and continue that for another month (alternating weeks) to ensure that any/all lead and mercury are out of my system at which point I'll continue to take ALA a couple times a day for its benefits.

My next goal is to do a good parasite removal, I already have some good advice from you guys and will continue to research until this is completed.

Re: My Chelation Journal [Re: GettingBetter] #59969
11/04/10 11:48 AM
11/04/10 11:48 AM
JK98  Offline
Master Elite Member
NYC ***
This page describes the Cutler protocol in detail.

http://onibasu.com/wiki/Cutler_protocol

As for parasite cleanses, I think the Kroeger Herb Wormwood Combination, using two bottles for a one month cleanse is a good idea, especially if this is supplemented with raw garlic, one clove(section) chewed well after each meal. Humaworm recently raised their price to $40 for a one month supply. I also don't like the fact that Humaworm has some laxative herbs like senna in it. While some might need laxative herbs, imo it is a better idea if one can take those separately as needed. The Kroeger Wormwood Combination is only around $6 a bottle on the net, so at $12 for a one month cleanse, it is also probably the cheapest cleanse.

I guess some will say that one month cleanses should be done every 4 months, while others may say twice a year, or just one time a year may be enough.

Last edited by JK98; 11/04/10 11:57 AM.
Re: My Chelation Journal [Re: GettingBetter] #59994
11/07/10 11:31 PM
11/07/10 11:31 PM
S
Sean  Offline
Elite Member
Originally Posted by itsmattgw
After reading JK98's post and verifying it with some things Cutler said as well as the fact that not only do I not feel any negative side effects I decided to increase my dose of ALA to 150mg and continue with 25mg of DMSA. I continued this all day today and still have no negative side effects and actually feel great (possibly the ALA?)

I may decide to max out at 200mg a dose and continue that for another month (alternating weeks) to ensure that any/all lead and mercury are out of my system at which point I'll continue to take ALA a couple times a day for its benefits.

My next goal is to do a good parasite removal, I already have some good advice from you guys and will continue to research until this is completed.
I love the idea of the parasite cleanse if that doesn't work ( The MEtals removal). You might look into Candida as well, that or a cleansing for the bowels. If you want to deworm I suggest you look into Diatomaceous Earth, it is great for ridding you of prasites! I got 2 pounds of permaguard for like 15 dollars or so, it is also great for ridding insects from the house or wherever.

The worm stuff JK mentions might work as well, read up on the stuff I mention and some dewormers and see what you like best for that option. The one I mention is probably alot more cheaper but how effective? Read up on it and see if you think you would like taking it.

Keep us posted when you decide to quit chelation and do a parasitte cleanse or bowel cleanse, we can work together in here to help.

Sean.

Re: My Chelation Journal [Re: Sean] #60005
11/08/10 03:02 AM
11/08/10 03:02 AM
JK98  Offline
Master Elite Member
NYC ***
Some websites I have read claim that parasite infection may recur as long as one is mercury toxic. I read that vitamin A helps prevent parasite infection, so I take 20,000 units a day of vitamin a acetate.

Eating garlic, cayenne, horseradish, and turmeric will also help prevent parasite infection. Taking herbs such as olive leaf extract, cat's claw and astralagus will also help fight parasites and candida.

Normally a healthy person has a strong enough immune system to fight off most parasites. Mercury impairs the immune system, and may allow parasite infections to set in.

Candida overgrowth also sets the stage for parasite infection.

Re: My Chelation Journal [Re: JK98] #60017
11/08/10 09:25 PM
11/08/10 09:25 PM
S
Sean  Offline
Elite Member
Good points there JK, those things seem to go hand in hand together. I guess it's better to work on all of those there first and foremost.

Wouldn't the product I mention called Diatomaceous Earth work there since it not only works on a parasite infection, yeast and other things, but it works on removing metals as well? Do me a favor and read up on that.

http://wolfcreekranch1.tripod.com/diatomaceous_human_use.html

http://www.ehow.com/facts_5862967_diatomaceous-earth-candida.html

Re: My Chelation Journal [Re: Sean] #60018
11/09/10 01:58 AM
11/09/10 01:58 AM
JK98  Offline
Master Elite Member
NYC ***
I am afraid of how impute diatomaceous earth might be. Similarly, dolomite and kelp can also be contaminated.
Raw garlic seems like a much better and safer idea than diatomaceous earth. Garlic is also much easier to buy.

Re: My Chelation Journal [Re: JK98] #60028
11/09/10 01:22 PM
11/09/10 01:22 PM
G
Sophmore Member
Finished my 3rd cycle : What I've Found

So I did this entire cycle without feeling sickly at all despite raising the amount of ALA from 50 mg to 100 mg and then raised it again to 150 mg the last four days all while continuing to take 25 mg of DMSA with it.

I spoke in an earlier update that I thought my tinnitus had possibly improved but needed more time to know for sure. At this point I do not believe the tinnitus has improved whatsoever (I didn't expect it to but thought somehow it had). On the other hand I've discovered that taking ALA makes me feel outstanding. Much more energetic and alert and more focused. I looked up the benefits of ALA and this happens to be one of them (I wasn't aware that it gave you energy when I started taking it). I will definitely continue to take ALA even after the chelation is complete as it's relatively inexpensive and I love what it does for me. It must be the ALA because the energy went up during cycle 2, down in the off week and went back up during cycle 3. It could be something else but based on all information it's most likely the ALA.

At this point I have no reason to believe that I should continue with my chelation since I have no symptoms but I definitely don't regret doing this as it's given me peace of mind. I may decide to go through one more round of chelation with 25mg DMSA 150 mg ALA every three hours but that's to be determined.

Since it's possible that I did have a tiny bit of mercury (I did feel sick for 1.5 days [although I can't be for certain that had anything to do with mercury]) and have read that some critters can get around that mercury and cause issues I'll be doing a detox based on the advice you guys are giving me (thanks again).

Overall I'm very glad that I've gone through what I have so far for the peace of mind and the discovery of ALA and how good it's made me feel.

Re: My Chelation Journal [Re: GettingBetter] #60126
11/16/10 04:22 AM
11/16/10 04:22 AM
S
Sean  Offline
Elite Member
^^^ Why not keep it up then if it has been that good to you?

Re: My Chelation Journal [Re: Sean] #60127
11/16/10 04:28 AM
11/16/10 04:28 AM
S
Sean  Offline
Elite Member
BTW never a filling nor shots in over some odd years you are one of the blessed, maybe you have no mercury in you a tall? That is why you did not react at all? I am just saying many had fillings in here and they struggle from this here, you did not. I wish I had notta fillings as I had a whole tooth of it! My dentist said wow look at that filling there, it was huge and a whole damn tooth! Good luck though on whatever you chose.