News you won't see in controlled mainstream media.

Circle-of-Life Forums - Welcome
Open-Source News, Natural Health, Recipes, Freedom, Preparedness, Computers, Technology, Movies, Reviews, History, Wisdom, Truth
See All Social Media We Are On | Trouble viewing videos? Use FireFox instead of Chrome.
Mercury Detox & Amalgam Fillings Forum

The Mercury Detox & Amalgam Fillings Forum

Detoxing Heavy Metals, Removing Amalgam Fillings, Understanding Mercury Poisoning

Our Most Popular Videos, Audio Clips, and Articles

Text
Text

views

Secret News
News you won't hear in controlled mainstream media.
Video Document
Video

views

CFL Bulbs: Are They Safe?
An experiment exposing the serious danger of compact fluorescent bulbs.
Video Document
Video

views

Mercury From Canned Fish Contaminating Your Kitchen
Open a can of fish and you begin breathing mercury vapor.
Website
Website

(remote)

views

Spraying the Skies with Toxic Metals
Have you heard about the epic crime of human history?
Video
Video

views

The Global Depopulation Agenda Documented
A MUST-SEE lecture for every parent!
Video
Video

views

What In the World are They Spraying?
Vaccination via the air for everyone, every day!
Video
Video

views

The
A 2-minute explanation of the global warming lie.
Video
Video

views

Global Warming: The Other Side
The Weather Channel founder exposes the GW lie.
Video
Video

views

Know Your Enemy
A revolutionary look at Earth history.
Video
Video

views

Mystery Babylon
The grandmother of all conspiracies.
Video
Video

views

The Power Behind the New World Order
An essential video for all wishing to understand.
Video
Video

views

Global Warming: Is CO2 the Cause
Dr. Robert Carter tells the truth about global warming.
Video
Video

views

All Jesse Ventura Conspiracy Theory Episodes In One Place
Easily find the episodes you want to watch.
Text
Text

views

New Study Steers Mercury Blame Away From Vaccines Toward Environment: But Where's It Coming From?
New study steers mercury blame away from vaccines.
Text
Text

views

Revelation 18:23 What does "sorcery" really mean?
Text
Text

views

The Leading Cause of Death Globally - Likely Has Been for Decades
Modern medicine leading cause of death globally?
Video
Video

views

Lies In the Textbooks - Full Version
Blatant, intentional lies in American textbooks.
Text
Text

views

Stop Chemical and Biological Testing on U.S. Citizens
Testing on U.S. Citizens is perfectly legal today.
Text
Text

views

Do Vaccines Cause Cancer? Cancerous Cell Lines Used in the Development of Vaccines
DOCUMENTED! Cancerous cell lines used in vaccines!
Video
Video

views

Italian Doctor - Dr. Tullio Simoncini - Reportedly Curing 90% of Cancer Cases
Italian Doctor makes history & gets license revoked.
Video
Video

views

Apollyon Rising 2012 - The Final Mystery Of The Great Seal Revealed: A Terrifying And Prophetic Cipher, Hidden From The World By The U.S. Government For Over 200 Years Is Here
The Final Mystery Of the Great Seal of the U.S. Revealed
Video
Video

views

Invisible Empire - New Epic Video about the New World Order
Epic Video about the New World Order.
Video
Video

views

The Lie of the Serpent: Dr. Walter Veith Examines the New Age Movement's Relationship to the New World Order
The New Age Movement & The New World Order
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Whitewater, drug smuggling, and the bloodiest campaign trail in history
Text Document
Text

views

Secret News
Professional actors in politics and media
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The biggest conspiracy of all: Keeping it all in the family
Text Document
Text

views

Secret News
Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP): The language of politics
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Congressman Sherman tells it like it is; Is anyone listening?
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The only way to ensure privacy is to remove your cell phone battery
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Rep Kapture reveals epic crimes that remain unpunished
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The reason so many are sterile, sick and dying today
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Former U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney Says "No Evidence" for Bin Laden Involvement in 9-11
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The highest elected U.S. officials make sure they are exempt from justice.
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The murder of JFK cleared the way for the communist globalist agenda
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The world's largest military contractors exposed in "Iraq For Sale"
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
A paradigm-changing video that everyone must see.
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
This is a chilling video that exposes the use-or misuse-of the word "force" in HR1955
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
A Hollywood producer told about 9/11 before it happened
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
How many other news stories have been faked that we don't know about?
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Texas legislators on both sides of the iasle voting for each other
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper and Australian Prime Minister John Howard give the same speech
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Why are are few (not all) police working to promote hate and violence?
Text Document
Text

views

Secret News
New grassroots movement protects U.S. citizens against unlawful police action
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Russ), 1,075 guests, and 36 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Left Sidebar Ad
Popular Topics(Views)
339,474 DOES GOD EXIST?
254,488 Please HELP!!!
162,254 Open Conspiracy
106,749 History rules
99,148 Symmetry
87,922 oil pulling
Support Our Forum
Herbs/Nutrition
Only The Best HerbsOnly The Best Herbs!
Your best source of world-class herbal information! More...
Mercury Detox
Amalgam Illness: Diagnosis and Treatment by Dr. Andrew Cutler#1 Book We've Found!
"Silver" fillings, mercury detox, & much more. More...
Algin
AlginFor Mercury Detox
Prevent mercury reabsorption in the colon during detox. More...
Mercury Poisoning
DMSA, 25mg.Softcover & Kindle
Excellent resource for mercury detox. More...
DMSA 100mg
EDTA 500mg
DMSA, 25mg.For Mercury Chelation
For calcium chelation and heart health. More...
Vaccine Safety?
Vaccines: The Risks, The Benefits, The Choices by Dr. Sherri TenpennyMust for Every Parent
The most complete vaccine info on the planet. More...
Stop Candida!
Candida ClearFinally.
Relief! More...
Saying NO To Vaccines
Saying No To Vaccines by Dr. Sherri TenpennyDr. Sherri Tenpenny
Get the info you need to protect yourself. More...
Nano-Silver
Amalgam Illness: Diagnosis and Treatment by Dr. Andrew CutlerWhat everyone's talking about!
Safe, powerful, timely! More...
World's Best Vitamin E
Vitamin E wih SeleniumThere is a difference!
A powerful brain antioxidant for use during Hg detox. More...
It's All In Your Head
It's All In Your Head by Dr. Hal HugginsThis changed my life!
This book convinced me remove my fillings. More...
World's Best Multi
Super Supplemental - Full-Spectrum Multivitamin/Mineral/Herbal SupplementThis is what we use!
The only multi where you feel the difference. More...
Understand Hair Tests
Hair Test Interpretation: Finding Hidden Toxicities by Dr. Andrew CutlerHair Tests Explained!
Discover hidden toxicities, easily. More...
GABA
GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid)Have Racing Thoughts?
Many use GABA for anxiety and better sleep. More...
Pet Health Charts
Pet Health Charts for Dogs, Cats, Horses, and BirdsHelp Them!
Natural health for pets. More...
The Companion Bible (Hardcover)
The Companion BibleThe Bible We Use!
King James with study notes by Bullinger. More...
The Companion Bible (Softcover)
The Companion BibleThe Bible We Use!
King James with study notes by Bullinger. More...
Sweet Remedy
Sweet RemedyFood Additives
Protect your family from toxic food! More...
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
The Dental Racket #37378
07/12/08 03:48 PM
07/12/08 03:48 PM
SoSick  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
Lost on a mountain USA ***
Dentistry is a racket. A cash cow for white collar criminals. It's a medical fact that a good number of health complaints can be traced to dental problems. Most people learn this firsthand over the years through experience. Many doctors tell their patients this at some point. But most dentists are unaware of the connection of dental health, and good dental work, (yes, good dentistry) to a person's overall health.

You can test this by visiting most any dental office, a standard dentist, even a so-called plastics loving biological dentist (as though plastics are a biologically compatible material). Go in complaining of migraine headaches or a neck ache that coincided with some previous dental work and most dentists will not tell you the headache or neck ache could possibly be caused by bad dental work but that you might need more dental work to solve the problem. There is no such thing as bad dental work in the minds of dentists, there is only more dental work, more appointments and more cash out of your pocket.

Have you noticed how the prices of dentistry have skyrocketed the past few years? It's probably because people are more and more aware of the scam being perpetrated by dentists and they simply either do not go to the dentist anymore and even refuse to take their kids. And that empty waiting room you walk into does still need to be paid for. Less clients for bigger bucks does the job. Or maybe it's the competition between dentists for which has the most expensive BMW, hybrid vehicle or the biggest house. That does need to be paid for too.

I will never forget my first visit to a certain dentist. I hadn't been to a dentist in about 3 years. Can you imagine that? 3 full years! How horrifying, the receptionist's look told me. They hurried to get me on the books. I was led into the bucket seat and strapped in with a bib. Then a dentist I didn't even have an appointment with came in and gave me a sales pitch about veneers, without ever even having examined my teeth.

'Would you like to consider veneers?' he asked politely.

'What are veneers?' I asked.

He opens the packet in his hand and flashes me with a series of tooth shaped plastic items.

'What are those, fake fingernails for your teeth?' I asked.

'Well sort of but they look great', he said. 'Look', he said as he opens his mouth and smiles widely showing me one of the grossest fake fingernail jobs I have ever seen, on his teeth no less. Big long fake teeth, way out of proportion for the guy's mouth. Of course I realize in real life he must go here and there about his daily business and now and then he certainly shows people his new fake teeth. It must be out of simple common courtesy no one had ever told him how terrible they looked. Perhaps it was pity.

'No thanks', I said.

But he didn't leave. He continued on with his sales pitch about the benefits of his veneers. This must have been successful for him before. He may have learned this sales technique in dental school, if someone isn't an easy sell, keep pushing your product. Find an emotional way in to their wallet.

He said, 'Let me see your teeth'. I smiled briefly. all teeth still existed. They weren't brand new but they were the real thing, durable and didn't need expensive maintenance, just some simple daily good habits, like brushing and flossing.

'There are spots on your teeth', he said.

'Where?' I asked.

'Well, right there is one,' he pointed to teeny tiny little spot of coffee stain that I could go home and polish off with my Oral B electric toothbrush in about 2 minutes.

'And your teeth are not perfectly white either', he continued.

Well that was enough. Natural teeth are never perfectly white, it was obvious to me that despite this guy having a dental license he was a bit confused about teeth.

I said to him 'Your fake teeth don't look so hot you know, kind of like buck teeth on a little rabbit. Do those veneers protect your teeth from cavities?' I asked.

'Well, no', he admitted.

'So what's the point?' I asked. 'Do you just glue them on and what happens if they fall off? What do you have holding them on anyway, fake fingernail adhesive?'

'Pretty much,' he said, 'but they're on there real good and they don't fall off easily. We grind the teeth down a little bit to make room for the veneer and roughen the surface of the tooth to attach to the glue better.'

'Ok, that's enough' I said. 'There is absolutely no way i would ever grind down my teeth to put plastioc fakes on top of them. and besides, I'm allergic to fingernail adhesives.'

'Oh', he said, packing up his little demo kit and then he left and my new dentist waltzed in.

This was sure to be an impressive group. I should have had the sense to leave immediately before all my teeth trouble began.

They took x-rays. The new dentist poked around with his pick. He was bit rough and I told him so.

'What's this' he says looking at the x-rays. Then he starts the drill up and before I even knew it he was drilling into a perfectly good tooth that I had just spent a couple hundred hundred bucks on a few years previously to get a really nice filling by an expert dentist I had really loved in our old town.

It was all downhill from there. Two months later on a follow-up visit the new dentist tells me, 'it looks like that tooth (the one he drilled into) is going to need a root canal.'

I should a have the sense to leave immediately. I declined the root canal for the time being. He picked around some more. Twist twist twist.

'Ow', I said, almost jumping out of the chair, 'You know that really hurts.'

'Just checking to see if these cracks in your teeth back here are very deep. Don't be chewing on ice or anything.'

He fired up the drill again and did something to a tooth closer to the front. I got home and looked in the mirror, that's weird i thought, i don't recall my teeth being uneven like that or perfectly straight along the edges...hmm, it didn't look good my teeth didn't match pairs anymore, some unrequested and unneeded filing seemed to have taken place...

Two weeks later one of my molars cracked in half where he had given it a good sharp poke and twist. who needs to chew on ice with dentists like that around? I can't think of anything a person can do in a normal day that could compare to that poke and twist stuff he did. No big deal I guess it was to him. Shucks in case of anything they could just do veneers or crowns something. fix my uneven teeth that were perfectly symmetrical the first time I met him, put crowns on any teeth he had hammered on. Amazing how did it all happen? No one knows, no one, not the hygenist, not even the dentist. I had to admit, this dentist was really good at finding problems my previous dentist never knew existed.

I went in again after the tooth cracked. I told the hygenist the tooth he had poked real good cracked and that he should fix it for free. Thing is, the hygenist said, it was my fault the tooth cracked in half. After all, he wasn't even there when it happened so how could he have cracked that tooth?

'You really do need a crown on that tooth' the dentist told me. At a mere cost of several hundred dollars for me. Per tooth. he said, and he continued 'You really should do more than just that one...'. No big deal, nah no big deal, I don't have to buy food to eat I can suck on the fake teeth instead. Don't have to pay the electric bill. Just camp out at the dentist's office. I could take my notebook and run the business from there too. That's it, that must be what they wanted. A merger of sorts. I wondered if they had room in the closet for all my daughter's clothes. An extra telephone line for her personal use...

They unstrapped the bib and I got up to leave. I was walking out, my head spinning a bit thinking about the possibility of this merger.. that couldn't be it... there wasn't a room for my daughter, no showers in the bathrooms or anything... where would we put the cat's litter box?

'You forgot to pay!' the receptionist yelled after me as I grabbed the doorknob to leave.

'Oh sorry' I said and headed back in. That was it. Ok now I got it. The merger, the money, access to my bank account, that was the merger they desired. At least they went about it politely one little problem at a time with a smile every moment.

I paid the receptionist.

'Can I book your next appointment now?' she asked. 'Aren't you going to have that tooth fixed?'

'Which one? This one?' I asked pointing to the tooth in front that was mysteriously filed by someone no one can locate.

'Or this one that he wants to do a root canal on?', I said pointing to the one he had drilled into that didn't have any problems previously.

'Or do you mean this one? I said, pointing to the molar that had mysteriously cracked in half.

'No, not right now, I'll call you', I said and left. I had to rush home and make some money to pay for all these dental appointments. I never had any idea my teeth were in such bad shape.

Re: The Dental Racket [Re: SoSick] #37379
07/12/08 05:46 PM
07/12/08 05:46 PM
Bex  Offline
Master Elite Member
NZ ****
This is the kind of stuff that makes me run from dentists. Sosick, I have had the same sales pitch done to me. One dentist said to me "aren't you self conscious about those patches on your teeth"? Now UNTIL he said that, it hadn't really bothered me very much. I have creamy coloured patches on my front teeth, which some people do have. They appeared after chicken pox as a child and unfortunately remained every since. But it never really bothered me and I never got teased about because nobody honestly noticed all that much.

He said "You would feel much better about yourself and I can help you" and I thought OHHHHHH YEAH, and I bet I could HELP you! Just imagine the big financial boost he'd get from putting veneers on my teeth? Sure, I guess he was giving me an option cosmetically but the way he did this I felt was very pushy and actually rather insulting and he was insistent about it too. I just lead him on and said "I'll think about it", but of course I had no real intention of doing it. Considering I am not wealthy, I am NOT interested and I was there for my health trying to get biocompatible materials put in. Why would I want extra foreign material in my mouth from veneers? It's enough that I have what I have already. I wish I had no material in my mouth and just enamel!

At any rate, I went to another dentist to get my cerec materials put in. HE was not a biologic dentist though, but I had no amalgam, so I wasn't too bothered. He is highly trained and actually trains other dentists in Cerec and how to place them properly etc. So I felt he would probably be a better bet than a lesser trained cerec dentist.

He was a good guy, BUT he too tried to sell me veneers. He mentioned the patches and I said "well I don't actually feel that they are that noticeable, plus I don't walk around grinning all day and my teeth are not actually so great I want to anyway". I have very ordinary teeth, not so great, but comfortable and "ok". That's enough for me and franky, just as you said, teeth are NOT naturally so white anyway!

If I was a movie star, or if I had badly stained teeth that did not resolve with anything else, or I was younger and a bit vainer perhaps and had good health and more cash and cared about that kind of stuff, then maybe yes. But as I am? Seriously, I don't think I can be bothered. And I wonder what the heck they might look like anyway. Usually they look much bigger afterwards.

LOL about what you said to him about his own veneer job. Yikes!!!! but it's true, I have seen that as well and sometimes you see before and after shots and at times the person looked better before. One does not want to look unnatural either. Yes they can work for some people, but I'm just wary, plus I'm not healthy enough to risk putting more material in there anyway.

I think he thought I might come back and get them done, but I never did. Then I went to another dentist recently for check up, scale and clean which I mentioned. Metal free was in his advert, yet when I went there he tried to give a BS line that he was not metal free because of mercury being a danger in our mouth, but only because he felt it was very dangerous to the environmnent and he wanted to get it out of his surgery......what a load of rubbish!!! He actually thought he could sit there and lie to me through his teeth and that I would swallow it (excuse the puns).

If that wasn't bad enough? He himself actually used Cerec in his surgery and seemed somewhat miffed that I had new Cerec replacement materials in my mouth and had them done by someone else. I told him who I went to and then he said "HOw much did he charge you?" (I knew that the guy I went to actually charged a bit less than this guy) and I told him and he said "oh ok, that's reasonable" and went quiet because he knew he charged much more. Then he said "well, actually it's a good material but gold is better" and then he paused and said "I can redo them in gold, it will last a lifetime" and I said "um I have just had them done, I do not want to get them back out again, he's made a very good job too" and he said "well, I mean when you want to later on". Then I said "I cannot AFFORD gold" and he turned around and said "well you could afford the cerec, so I'm curious why gold would be a problem, they are similar in price" and I swung around and said "excuse me, I am STILL paying the cerec off on my father's credit card" and he went quiet after that. He was trying to screwing me for every dollar he could. Even to the point of suggesting I get my newly done highly expensive dental job in one of the newest and strongest materials available, redone by him in gold.

and I already told you his charges on the other thread. He charged me as much as he could possibly charge me and found any excuse to make any additions he could and then charge me for that. Almost as though he was trying to get as much out of me as possible because perhaps sosick you are right, they are just not getting the clientelle anymore. Perhaps he knew I wouldn't go back to him anyway. Or maybe becuase he was in the city centre that he gets away with such high charges because of the people in better paid jobs around that area pop in to see him in their lunch hours etc and can afford such high prices.

Whatever the reason, I was disgusted and will never go back to him. It is very sad that all they see when you open your mouth is opportunity and dollar signs. What your dentist did to you, it's almost as though they find away to have you come back for future visits. I have heard this before and many devastating reports from people with dentists who have chipped away at a tooth so much it's then fallen apart or cracked open (just like yours did) and then the dentist wants to charge them for a crown.

I wouldn't want to paint all dentist with the same brush, as I know there are some out there that are genuine and are fixing the mistakes of the bad ones! The ones that want a person to be well, and use their dentistry in the right way to prevent those problems or improve them if the damage had already been done. But there are so many greedy dentists sosick and they make so much money out of it, I just cannot understand WHY! It's just TEETH. confused

Re: The Dental Racket [Re: Bex] #37386
07/12/08 08:54 PM
07/12/08 08:54 PM
SoSick  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
That's probably what it is. They are all trying to outfit themselves with all this new digital equipment, peripheral x-ray cameras, lasers, the cerec machines.. and it's expensive.

No doubt the cerec is a good deal better than having crowns made in china but these things are causing prices to rise all across the board even for little things like simple fillings. And dentistry is no longer about healthy teeth, it's about pretty teeth that aren't necessarily so healthy and need a lot of expensive maintenance, like veneers..

All that plastic adhesive in someone's mouth is really unhealthy. Really unhealthy.

I thought it was hilarious when that dentist flashed those fake teeth like he did, honestly. I started laughing pretty good it was one of the most hilarious things I had seen in some time.. this little cardboard packet with these items that really did look just like a pack of fake fingernails you could get at a dollar store except for your teeth. I actually couldn't believe it at first it struck me as so ridiculous.

maybe that is why the dentist filed that one tooth like he did, the buck teeth comment I made to the other guy.

They are a real strange bunch, dentists. Dangerous with these types of attitudes since they are suppose to health professionals not salespeople. Salespeople are known for their unethical behavior and I have been seeing a lot of it among dentists. Most people go to the dentist because they simply want healthy teeth and they have to put up with this type of behavior. It really out of place if you want my opinion. Very unprofessional. This dentist I was seeing must have just gotten himself a new cerec machining tool, he is trying very hard to convince me not to pull these old molars out. It's really to late to begin with, they really are full of cracksn and they are bothering me, all of them. I wish really I did have the nerve to take one of those dental picks to them all and break them like the first dentist did, but ouch ooh that hurts.. he mentioned inlays. I didn't say anything because I was tired of arguing about it already. He has a short memory. He pulled that broken molar out last year because another dentist tried to do a crown and used adhesive on the temporary and I went absolutely nuts with allergic reactions the next few days and had to go rushing back in screaming for them to take the thing off.

there is no way to fix those molars without using adhesives and I really think the roots wouldn't stand for it anyway even if I didnlt hjave isssues with the plastics. I'd still be suuufffferrring, fixing decay along the sides of tehm all teh time, so I am not wasting a dime on anything like that for those teeth. They have had amalgam rotting at them for 35 years. maybe a couple others i mightfix downline but not with him anymore.

I found his website when I got home and sent him a note from his contact form.. I said.. dr sutton... did you need my $108 dollars so badly that you couldn't phone me ahead of time to tell me you would not pull those teeth? (I told him the week prior that if he wasn't going to pull the teeth I wanted to know so i wouldn;t waste my time going in). And then I said.. .. And anyway after our discussion today concerning the issues I have been having with mercury and heavy metals there is absolutely no way I would dare allow you to do extensive work on my teeth because I am real sure I would only get sicker.

He's trying to make himself into a amalgam removal expert over there, and he has good hands that's a fact but he doesn't have the training otherwise. I don't think he really believed most of what I was saying. If he had he would have pulled the teeth in a heartbeat. He couldn't comprehend how sick it can make someone and most importantly, he did not understand that I have no desire to get worse or experience anything close to what I did 18 months ago.. what's in the head of dentist that should already know because I have told him repeatedly that I really do have plastic allergies and he suggests I use it in my mouth anyway. Not thinking there... I am not going to be his guinea pig. I already tried with the dentist that tried to do the crown, we gave it a good honest go, it failed miserably. but selling his stuff is more important it appears.

A lot of these dentists are going to go belly up in this new economy anyway, the business really isn't there when people are strapped for cash/ they really just want healthy teeth and to be healthy.

Are you guys feeling the oil and mortgage balloon strain over there in NZ, is there a banking crisis or anything there yet?

Re: The Dental Racket [Re: SoSick] #37397
07/13/08 12:52 PM
07/13/08 12:52 PM
SoSick  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
Why do dentists ask you questions regarding your medical history when they are not medical doctors? Is this done to simply impress the public that they are somehow connected and in league with the medical profession? is that it's only real purpose?

Doctors do not generally ask people for their dental history because they are not dentists. So why are dentists asking about medical histories when they are not doctors?

'Standard Procedure' requires dentists to ask those questions but 'Standard Procedure' does not allow them to make informed decisions based on a person's medical history. It's been my experience that most dentists never read the medical history questionaire. So I can only assume the questions were asked to give me the false impression that the dentists knew something about medicine.

At my last dental visist the dentist said to me quote unquote 'I'm not a doctor so I really can't make a diagnosis about your swollen glands.' (glands swell up when you have a toothache or tooth infection, dentists do not know this I guess)

So why were the questions asked???? I really need to know.

'Standard procedure' encourages dentists to place amalgam fillings but it does not approve of dentists removing amalgam fillings. Even if you have a medical history of heavy metal illnesses.

Standard procedure requires that dentists ask you if you have any allergies but standard procedure does not require a dentist to investigate the chemical composition of the materials he uses for substances that might be included on your allergen list.

In case of any mistakes on the part of the dentist in regard to your personal needs and the medical history you provided the dentists with, even if you get ill from his work as a result, Standard Procedure is to pat the dentist on the back for doing standard work in the mouth of a person who was not a standard patient in every regard. Standard Procedure does not generally make exceptions for anything outside the bounds of what it considers 'standard'. In other words, even though you may need dental care, if your needs fall outside the bounds of what is considered 'standard' you are pretty much SOL a far as dentists are concerned. That SOL group includes a large number of people who are forced to somehow try to accept standard care when their needs are not standard needs.

Standard procedure in dentistry does not include making exceptions to the rule based on your medical history. Dentists, though required to ask about your medical history are not allowed to make decisions based upon it, they simply are not qualified to do that and they will tell you so.

So why do they ask the questions? Dentistry is a sham.

Re: The Dental Racket [Re: Bex] #37407
07/13/08 08:03 PM
07/13/08 08:03 PM
Bann  Offline
USA
Sosick,
You are right about everything.

You have a wonderful "Sense Of Humor". It is really sad that money comes before people, and it's really a kind of "Greed" that is pushing them (it's not like they are going hungry). If you do honest good work PEOPLE WILL COME BACK and you won't have to con or coax people into ruining their only set of teeth. You're so right about your real teeth being so much better. Ruin good teeth to have temp plastic teeth glued on them. This spells trouble in the pocketbook and later own when they fall apart. It's sad really.

You were too witty and clever for them... Good for you!

I enjoyed your story!

Bann

Re: The Dental Racket [Re: Bann] #37460
07/15/08 09:41 AM
07/15/08 09:41 AM
SoSick  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
I don't know Bann, I don't really feel as though I were too witty or clever for them. Really the situation, i don't know whether to laugh or cry. their behavior is destable, ridiculous, yeah even funny when you tell it as a story but that dentist really did damage my teeth good. I guess it would be funny if it weren't true but it is true and what it's cost me surely isn't funny. That is only part of the story it gets worse. There was one more visit a couple years later that i really do not want to even discuss. not at the moment anyway.

I think my biggest problem is that I really did have a dentist in our old town that I really loved and I expected the same kind of quality care and treatment from this bunch here. And when they started doing the damage i was kind of really, very really, well couldn't believe it myself even though all I had to do was stand in front of the mirror and look. I would do that i would go into the bathroom and look at my teeth and say, no, no way, they really didn't do that, they wouldn't.. no... it took me a few months to come to terms with it because damage to your teeth lasts a lifetime.

But they did do it.

the big problem around here is not that there are not any dentists bit that the dentists need steady clients I guess and so they do whatever it takes to make sure they get some. You really do have to be stupid to keep going back to a dentist like that though, and most people are not completely stupid. They are afraid to go to the dentist for very good reasons. So the dentists really are just hurting themselves. good dentists don't need to make steady clients the hard way, people go back because it was a good experience when they find a good dentist, not to just complain all the time.

Even though I have spent thousands of dollars on dentists here the past 5 years or so I actually feel as though my teeth have not had a real checkup in 8 years. These dentists here, they do not do any work like most people expect. they look, they say ah, they poke around they might do some damage but I have yet to get a cavity filled and I do have a couple it is a very very strange situation.

Even me by now, I am afraid to go and I was never like that before.

I am going to start handing out dental board complaint forms to anyone I talk to that has had a bad experience with a dentist here. I will evn give them the stamp and envelope to mail it. I will help them fill it out if they need help.

the situation here is pitiful. the dentists are more likely to rob you than help you. i've never seen anything like it in all my 28+ years as an adult. My dentist as a kid probably compared to this bunch though. a lot of medicaid fraud with dentists around here too.

Re: The Dental Racket [Re: SoSick] #37461
07/15/08 09:58 AM
07/15/08 09:58 AM
SoSick  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
Just yesterday even.. I spoke to a lady at a dental office in town... they were recommended to me quite highly, they are suppose to be real good... though I have gotten one bad referral too... but anyway, the lady asks me what the issues are and I start telling her about needing some teeth removed, I really didn't say much more than that, she inquires some more.. I start saying i cannot have these teeth fitted with inlays or crowns because of allergies to plastic resins... and she starts getting angry, well she was kind of angry from the get go.. she says 'Now listen.. you have to listen... and I am completely silent on the other end of the phone.. I already am listening because I really need a reasonbale reponse to that item of dental allergies... so she is asking me more about it.. and so I start telling her.. i only say 5-6 words I kid you not and she starts her 'you have to listen!' thing again and so i say 'maam, excuse me, but let me finish for just one moment...

I couldn't even finish a sentence the lady had a hangup it seems not only about being in full control of what should or should not be in MY mouth but also the words that came out of it.

really weird and they were highly recommended me to me I really am not so sure.

Re: The Dental Racket [Re: SoSick] #37462
07/15/08 10:28 AM
07/15/08 10:28 AM
SoSick  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
.. and that lady was the office of a biological dentist who supposedly follows the huggins protocol for amalgam removal btw.. so I am kind of really unsure at this point. She had a real angry attitude, that really bothers me a lot. and that office is a good 90-110 minute drive for me from here so going there is really an expense fo me, i have a lot of responsibilities right here every day.

I really need a dentist closer to me, there are a couple dozen in the phone book within 30 minutes of me but maybe I am just a complete donkey's behind for trying.

Re: The Dental Racket [Re: SoSick] #37476
07/15/08 08:19 PM
07/15/08 08:19 PM
Jeanie  Offline
Master Elite Member
The great USA ***
Remember that a lot of dentist are mercury poisoned, too. Assistants, too. I have a dear friend whose husband was a dentist and then he became an oral surgeon. He was our neighbor and we went to the same church. He poo pooed my mercury issues, though, (and said my hives..reactions to chemicals in the "ice smog" in AK was nerves...mercury can cause FMS which is a syndrome, basically, but causes chemical sensitivity which mercury can too itself without FMS I imagine) and even gave his own wife and kid amalgam fillings! What a dough head! I lost respect for him at that point. His wife later, though, said she felt the poison after she got the fillings. She also use to work as an assistant and felt sick when she did. Now that I think of it, she doesn't talk to me anymore. Her husband likely discourages it. She was like a little sister and listened to me. For a while.... I wasn't trying to nor would I want to come between them over that, but thank goodness he got out of dentistry. They are more affected than anyone...

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is." Albert Einstein
Re: The Dental Racket [Re: SoSick] #37478
07/15/08 08:59 PM
07/15/08 08:59 PM
G
gdawson6  Offline
Advanced Master Member
Thats a tough call sosick. I would look around a little more before making a decision.

The dentist I had remove mine followed the IAOMT protocol and it seemed like I was as protected as I could have been from the mercury during the removal but I'm pretty sure the dentist didn't take enough precautions to protect himself. He had me with rubber dams around the tooth he was working on, a ton of suction, my nose was completely sealed with a fresh oxygen supply, etc...but he just had one of those painters masks on.

It confused me afterwards but this guy did do seminars on the dangers of mercury and mercury fillings so he obviously knew what he was up against to some extent, but I know he got exposed to quite a bit of mercury from removing my fillings. He was the only one around that I knew of withing a 2 hour radius that didn't place mercury fillings and removed them safely.

Re: The Dental Racket [Re: gdawson6] #37633
07/18/08 08:35 PM
07/18/08 08:35 PM
SoSick  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
I got two or 3 referrals for this dentist. I called one of them the other day and mentioned the angry lady. My friend said that that lady is pretty well known for that type of behavior and it probably is mercury related, she has been a dental hygenist for many years.

So I am thinking about it. I may get lucky and get the teeth removed for free before then anyway.

and then I'll think about it some more probably because that will leave one amalgam filled molar left that just happens to still be in decent shape the other molars were never filled..

the amalgam conspiracy video russ posted pretty much says it all... 'I went to a dental seminar and they told me if I say anything negative about mercury I would get sued'... it's a pretty prevalent attitide among dentists sad to say.

I really just need some pliers for these teeth. I did find some videos at you tube with guys pulling their own teeth out. It was pretty gross.

I have given up the idea of fixing them by now. Really I have no desire to be a dental patient for life more than anything else. I really do not like dentists they are all a tad loopy even the good ones... I'm sure you've got that correct gd.