News you won't see in controlled mainstream media.

Circle-of-Life Forums - Welcome
Open-Source News, Natural Health, Recipes, Freedom, Preparedness, Computers, Technology, Movies, Reviews, History, Wisdom, Truth
See All Social Media We Are On | Trouble viewing videos? Use FireFox instead of Chrome.
Mercury Detox & Amalgam Fillings Forum

The Mercury Detox & Amalgam Fillings Forum

Detoxing Heavy Metals, Removing Amalgam Fillings, Understanding Mercury Poisoning

Our Most Popular Videos, Audio Clips, and Articles

Text
Text

views

Secret News
News you won't hear in controlled mainstream media.
Video Document
Video

views

CFL Bulbs: Are They Safe?
An experiment exposing the serious danger of compact fluorescent bulbs.
Video Document
Video

views

Mercury From Canned Fish Contaminating Your Kitchen
Open a can of fish and you begin breathing mercury vapor.
Website
Website

(remote)

views

Spraying the Skies with Toxic Metals
Have you heard about the epic crime of human history?
Video
Video

views

The Global Depopulation Agenda Documented
A MUST-SEE lecture for every parent!
Video
Video

views

What In the World are They Spraying?
Vaccination via the air for everyone, every day!
Video
Video

views

The
A 2-minute explanation of the global warming lie.
Video
Video

views

Global Warming: The Other Side
The Weather Channel founder exposes the GW lie.
Video
Video

views

Know Your Enemy
A revolutionary look at Earth history.
Video
Video

views

Mystery Babylon
The grandmother of all conspiracies.
Video
Video

views

The Power Behind the New World Order
An essential video for all wishing to understand.
Video
Video

views

Global Warming: Is CO2 the Cause
Dr. Robert Carter tells the truth about global warming.
Video
Video

views

All Jesse Ventura Conspiracy Theory Episodes In One Place
Easily find the episodes you want to watch.
Text
Text

views

New Study Steers Mercury Blame Away From Vaccines Toward Environment: But Where's It Coming From?
New study steers mercury blame away from vaccines.
Text
Text

views

Revelation 18:23 What does "sorcery" really mean?
Text
Text

views

The Leading Cause of Death Globally - Likely Has Been for Decades
Modern medicine leading cause of death globally?
Video
Video

views

Lies In the Textbooks - Full Version
Blatant, intentional lies in American textbooks.
Text
Text

views

Stop Chemical and Biological Testing on U.S. Citizens
Testing on U.S. Citizens is perfectly legal today.
Text
Text

views

Do Vaccines Cause Cancer? Cancerous Cell Lines Used in the Development of Vaccines
DOCUMENTED! Cancerous cell lines used in vaccines!
Video
Video

views

Italian Doctor - Dr. Tullio Simoncini - Reportedly Curing 90% of Cancer Cases
Italian Doctor makes history & gets license revoked.
Video
Video

views

Apollyon Rising 2012 - The Final Mystery Of The Great Seal Revealed: A Terrifying And Prophetic Cipher, Hidden From The World By The U.S. Government For Over 200 Years Is Here
The Final Mystery Of the Great Seal of the U.S. Revealed
Video
Video

views

Invisible Empire - New Epic Video about the New World Order
Epic Video about the New World Order.
Video
Video

views

The Lie of the Serpent: Dr. Walter Veith Examines the New Age Movement's Relationship to the New World Order
The New Age Movement & The New World Order
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Whitewater, drug smuggling, and the bloodiest campaign trail in history
Text Document
Text

views

Secret News
Professional actors in politics and media
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The biggest conspiracy of all: Keeping it all in the family
Text Document
Text

views

Secret News
Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP): The language of politics
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Congressman Sherman tells it like it is; Is anyone listening?
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The only way to ensure privacy is to remove your cell phone battery
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Rep Kapture reveals epic crimes that remain unpunished
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The reason so many are sterile, sick and dying today
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Former U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney Says "No Evidence" for Bin Laden Involvement in 9-11
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The highest elected U.S. officials make sure they are exempt from justice.
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The murder of JFK cleared the way for the communist globalist agenda
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The world's largest military contractors exposed in "Iraq For Sale"
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
A paradigm-changing video that everyone must see.
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
This is a chilling video that exposes the use-or misuse-of the word "force" in HR1955
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
A Hollywood producer told about 9/11 before it happened
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
How many other news stories have been faked that we don't know about?
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Texas legislators on both sides of the iasle voting for each other
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper and Australian Prime Minister John Howard give the same speech
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Why are are few (not all) police working to promote hate and violence?
Text Document
Text

views

Secret News
New grassroots movement protects U.S. citizens against unlawful police action
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Russ), 1,966 guests, and 26 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Left Sidebar Ad
Popular Topics(Views)
339,415 DOES GOD EXIST?
254,253 Please HELP!!!
162,201 Open Conspiracy
106,716 History rules
99,119 Symmetry
87,890 oil pulling
Support Our Forum
Herbs/Nutrition
Only The Best HerbsOnly The Best Herbs!
Your best source of world-class herbal information! More...
Mercury Detox
Amalgam Illness: Diagnosis and Treatment by Dr. Andrew Cutler#1 Book We've Found!
"Silver" fillings, mercury detox, & much more. More...
Algin
AlginFor Mercury Detox
Prevent mercury reabsorption in the colon during detox. More...
Mercury Poisoning
DMSA, 25mg.Softcover & Kindle
Excellent resource for mercury detox. More...
DMSA 100mg
EDTA 500mg
DMSA, 25mg.For Mercury Chelation
For calcium chelation and heart health. More...
Vaccine Safety?
Vaccines: The Risks, The Benefits, The Choices by Dr. Sherri TenpennyMust for Every Parent
The most complete vaccine info on the planet. More...
Stop Candida!
Candida ClearFinally.
Relief! More...
Saying NO To Vaccines
Saying No To Vaccines by Dr. Sherri TenpennyDr. Sherri Tenpenny
Get the info you need to protect yourself. More...
Nano-Silver
Amalgam Illness: Diagnosis and Treatment by Dr. Andrew CutlerWhat everyone's talking about!
Safe, powerful, timely! More...
World's Best Vitamin E
Vitamin E wih SeleniumThere is a difference!
A powerful brain antioxidant for use during Hg detox. More...
It's All In Your Head
It's All In Your Head by Dr. Hal HugginsThis changed my life!
This book convinced me remove my fillings. More...
World's Best Multi
Super Supplemental - Full-Spectrum Multivitamin/Mineral/Herbal SupplementThis is what we use!
The only multi where you feel the difference. More...
Understand Hair Tests
Hair Test Interpretation: Finding Hidden Toxicities by Dr. Andrew CutlerHair Tests Explained!
Discover hidden toxicities, easily. More...
GABA
GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid)Have Racing Thoughts?
Many use GABA for anxiety and better sleep. More...
Pet Health Charts
Pet Health Charts for Dogs, Cats, Horses, and BirdsHelp Them!
Natural health for pets. More...
The Companion Bible (Hardcover)
The Companion BibleThe Bible We Use!
King James with study notes by Bullinger. More...
The Companion Bible (Softcover)
The Companion BibleThe Bible We Use!
King James with study notes by Bullinger. More...
Sweet Remedy
Sweet RemedyFood Additives
Protect your family from toxic food! More...
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Algin detoxing me? I feel classic symptoms of heavy metal detoxing. #41669
09/11/08 10:25 PM
09/11/08 10:25 PM
S
Sean  Offline OP
Elite Member
Virginia Woodbridge United Sta... ***
I got this from Zeolite before and Cilantro, but did not use them long. I get a feeling of my brain spewing and feel really slow and teeth grind, I get that when I use 3 pills of Algin before meals (30 mins). I used Chlorella for the first time in a while tonight and man I feel the symptoms increasing even more. Can these really get it out of your body? The symptoms feel like I felt before on mercury Detox. I know Algin is KEY when using Chlorella or anything as it soaks it up for you and stops redistribution of this stuff, so I know it's safe (I tolerated Chlorella for years as well without any effects). Does one or two of these together make the other work better for some reason?

In Sanskrit, tulsi means literally "the incomparable one" and has been revered since ancient times. Tulsi, the holy basil, is said to have grown at the site of Christ’s crucifixion and is associated with St. Basil’s feast.
Re: Algin detoxing me? I feel classic symptoms of heavy metal detoxing. [Re: Sean] #41694
09/12/08 03:53 PM
09/12/08 03:53 PM
Russ  Online Content

Master Elite Member
Maine, USA ****
I don't think using the 2 together makes the other mobilize more mercury, it's just that Algin absorbs the mercury that has been dumped into the intestines so it isn't reabsorbed (but you already know that).

I would not use cilantro until you have detoxed for a few months and are feeling better. Cilantro moves mercury from "deep" stores, like ligaments and cartilage into "shallower" stores, and in the process, some mercury will be released into the blood which you will feel as mercury symptoms.

This deep detox (cilantro) I would not use until later in the detox process, that is, after the shallower stores have been lightened considerably, which can take several months.

Hope this helps.

The Captian
Today they call you "crazy". Tomorrow they call you "ahead of your time."
Global Skywatch Learn about Chemtrails - You're breathing them now!
OnlyTheBestHerbs.com World-class supplements
Mercury Talk Why you are sick.
OneUp Domains Domains, Hosting, Email
1-800-358-4278 (U.S. & Canada)
Re: Algin detoxing me? I feel classic symptoms of heavy metal detoxing. [Re: Russ] #41715
09/12/08 10:34 PM
09/12/08 10:34 PM
S
Sean  Offline OP
Elite Member
Originally Posted by Russ T
I don't think using the 2 together makes the other mobilize more mercury, it's just that Algin absorbs the mercury that has been dumped into the intestines so it isn't reabsorbed (but you already know that).

I would not use cilantro until you have detoxed for a few months and are feeling better. Cilantro moves mercury from "deep" stores, like ligaments and cartilage into "shallower" stores, and in the process, some mercury will be released into the blood which you will feel as mercury symptoms.

This deep detox (cilantro) I would not use until later in the detox process, that is, after the shallower stores have been lightened considerably, which can take several months.

Hope this helps.

I wish I knew this one earlier last year when I tried it for two weeks! I tried Cilantro and it was not really scary to me as I took Chlorella with it and had few side effects. I knew it was coming out no doubt because I was grinding teeth and felt like my brain was spitting out sludge (I can't explain it, we all know the feeling) but never felt any anxiety or scared at all from it. I know now you should not use it first or before you detox your body from Mercury, too late for that now. I hope I did not do any damage that was permanent, I don't feel much different and only did it for two weeks so hopefully not. I will go more of the Selenium, Zinc and mineral route to displace or inactivate Mercury in the body, I don't want to do a ALA or Cilantro treatment like others did because I fear the damage it could do to you Russ. I felt weird off the Algin and stomach felt horrible as hell today, I know it's not dangerous or anything but seriously the way I felt the last few days I had to give it up for a few it seems. Chlorella though, tolerated it VERY WELL for years with no side effects, you did as well right? I can use that, no problems there at all. Will it stir up alot of Mercury? I hope not, if so years of that probably messed me up bad, but I didn't feel any side effects off using it alone.

In Sanskrit, tulsi means literally "the incomparable one" and has been revered since ancient times. Tulsi, the holy basil, is said to have grown at the site of Christ’s crucifixion and is associated with St. Basil’s feast.
Re: Algin detoxing me? I feel classic symptoms of heavy metal detoxing. [Re: Sean] #41719
09/12/08 10:56 PM
09/12/08 10:56 PM
glancina  Offline
Veteran Member
So. Cal, USA ***
Sean, this is WHY it is SO important to mineralize before and after these things...grinding your teeth is a classic symptom of minerals being pulled out of your body. Gabriella

Gabriella

Step by step, that's how you achieve success.
Re: Algin detoxing me? I feel classic symptoms of heavy metal detoxing. [Re: glancina] #41721
09/12/08 11:54 PM
09/12/08 11:54 PM
S
Sean  Offline OP
Elite Member
Originally Posted by glancina
Sean, this is WHY it is SO important to mineralize before and after these things...grinding your teeth is a classic symptom of minerals being pulled out of your body. Gabriella
Yes Magnesium and Zinc being one of those that causes teeth grinding. I am just going to use Minerals from now on glancina, they can eventually push the metals out of your body and make their home in the cells I have read, where THEY BELONG. Heavy metals replace minerals in your body as you know, so putting the minerals back seems to be a HUGE key on getting better! I had a dream and thought of my problems a while ago the dream said minerals in it and showed a pill, guess I should follow my dreams instructions (Also saw Alfalfa in my dream, thats rich in minerals) and start taking more. I am going to use Selenium and start out slow, Mangesium, Zinc and Alfalfa to get mineral stores back up in my body, that should help me wiht alot of my body feelings as well. Minerals are key, you are 100% correct.

I read before Minerals make detox possible! Thats the gospel there to us in here.

Last edited by Sean; 09/12/08 11:55 PM.

Re: Algin detoxing me? I feel classic symptoms of heavy metal detoxing. [Re: Sean] #41723
09/13/08 12:30 AM
09/13/08 12:30 AM
glancina  Offline
Veteran Member
So. Cal, USA ***
That's great Sean! Hey, if you get a chance to read the other post under Jinx's question about no progress, I posted the alkalizing drink and detox bath, shower, foot soaks info...these things are cheap and help you mineralize a lot faster than supplements.

Be well!

Gabriella

Step by step, that's how you achieve success.
Re: Algin detoxing me? I feel classic symptoms of heavy metal detoxing. [Re: Sean] #41725
09/13/08 12:56 AM
09/13/08 12:56 AM
Bex  Offline
Master Elite Member
NZ ****
Hi Sean, I think adding minerals is important. Mercury competes with them and displaces them, so adding extra is often necessary in order to battle the mercury's effect on them. Replacing them may also compete and help displace mercury, which may also cause detox reactions and make a person feel worse. This may also be why algin maybe causing problems? Not just the fact it can act as a sponge for mercury (and help with symptoms), but it may also contain minerals in and of itself that are encouraging some detox at the sametime? (e.g. iodine is contained in seaweed products, as are other nutrients. Iodine apparently can help rid the body of toxins such as fluoride, mercury etc). Hence why when using products that contain these and other nutrients, that people can feel the impact of detox symptoms and often have to take a break and give their body a chance to flush them out.

I had this at one stage from a good quality vitamin C powder alone and had to keep stopping, until I could tolerate it for longer periods and on higher doses. It actually erupted some mercury detox symptoms in me. Even though it's not a specific chelating agent in itself. The ACTION of some of these minerals and antioxidants can indeed aid the body to rid itself of a certain amount of toxins/metals naturally. Selenium is another one can cause reactions for the same reason.

I think you will find these links of interest to you in this regard and is very much to do with what you have mentioned in the above post and i have posted them on this forum before. But I think they are brilliant to have and to save. Makes alot of sense:

Iodine - bring back the universal nutrient

Iodine and chelation

These are from the same author. I really ignored the significance of these things until now. I didn't realise how important they were, especially when mercury toxic. Yet, when I think back, I now realise my reactions to vitamins/minerals was actually a good thing, but did not feel it at the time. No time when you are moving/removing mercury will you feel well. It can make you feel wretched and look wretched as well.

But at the sametime, there is no reason to tolerate symptoms that push you right over the edge into near psychosis either. I've done that once too often when using products to mobilise mercury over and above what I could tolerate and often was a candidate for the mental hospital. I was just very lucky I had a family member living with me who stuck it out with me and knew it wasn't "me" but the mercury and gained strength support from their faith in God. If not for that, I may have been committed long ago.

Re: Algin detoxing me? I feel classic symptoms of heavy metal detoxing. [Re: Bex] #41726
09/13/08 01:20 AM
09/13/08 01:20 AM
S
Sean  Offline OP
Elite Member
Originally Posted by Bex
Hi Sean, I think adding minerals is important. Mercury competes with them and displaces them, so adding extra is often necessary in order to battle the mercury's effect on them. Replacing them may also compete and help displace mercury, which may also cause detox reactions and make a person feel worse. This may also be why algin maybe causing problems? Not just the fact it can act as a sponge for mercury (and help with symptoms), but it may also contain minerals in and of itself that are encouraging some detox at the sametime? (e.g. iodine is contained in seaweed products, as are other nutrients. Iodine apparently can help rid the body of toxins such as fluoride, mercury etc). Hence why when using products that contain these and other nutrients, that people can feel the impact of detox symptoms and often have to take a break and give their body a chance to flush them out.

I had this at one stage from a good quality vitamin C powder alone and had to keep stopping, until I could tolerate it for longer periods and on higher doses. It actually erupted some mercury detox symptoms in me. Even though it's not a specific chelating agent in itself. The ACTION of some of these minerals and antioxidants can indeed aid the body to rid itself of a certain amount of toxins/metals naturally. Selenium is another one can cause reactions for the same reason.

I think you will find these links of interest to you in this regard and is very much to do with what you have mentioned in the above post and i have posted them on this forum before. But I think they are brilliant to have and to save. Makes alot of sense:

Iodine - bring back the universal nutrient

Iodine and chelation

These are from the same author. I really ignored the significance of these things until now. I didn't realise how important they were, especially when mercury toxic. Yet, when I think back, I now realise my reactions to vitamins/minerals was actually a good thing, but did not feel it at the time. No time when you are moving/removing mercury will you feel well. It can make you feel wretched and look wretched as well.

But at the sametime, there is no reason to tolerate symptoms that push you right over the edge into near psychosis either. I've done that once too often when using products to mobilise mercury over and above what I could tolerate and often was a candidate for the mental hospital. I was just very lucky I had a family member living with me who stuck it out with me and knew it wasn't "me" but the mercury and gained strength support from their faith in God. If not for that, I may have been committed long ago.
Things most recently that have done this are Algin and Selenium (A natural form as well!) and dagon Diatomaceous Earth which made me feel like I was dead one night, literally! IT was scary. I have felt like that before from simple and so called safe things, die offs were too much and I was nearly over the edge!! Good post man.

I have noticed in me personally controlling Candida is a key and I feel almost normal, so control that while at it and get some minerals, that seems to be the key for me. I tolerate Kelp and Chlorella REALLY WELL! I find that odd from some in here but hey go with your body right? I mean listen to that first right? Magnesium is well as well, Vitamin C and E really help as well and I tolerate them well, maybe I should just use what I tolerate well and dead all the other stuff? I know you feel worse before better, but if I get strong I can tolerate others later maybe? BTW WOW I see from reading what you put up why the Algin makes me feel the way it does!! Seriously the stromium 90 or however you spell it is something it detoxes and metals etc. so this is just classic detox symptoms? I can see it now, maybe I should just cut back and not stop? I am seeing some of that now and what I should do. Maybe I should stay with it but cutback spite some symtpoms I am having? Thanks for the article this might have hit it dead on the head from Iodine.

Last edited by Sean; 09/13/08 01:33 AM.

Re: Algin detoxing me? I feel classic symptoms of heavy metal detoxing. [Re: Sean] #41727
09/13/08 02:11 AM
09/13/08 02:11 AM
Bex  Offline
Master Elite Member
NZ ****
Hi Sean,

It's really hard to know what to suggest, because when you are mercury toxic and experiencing symptoms, it is awful and sometimes sheer hell on earth. I mean at times you can't even find words to describe it. You can go from feeling revolting, to feeling at times psycho. You just feel like "I can't keep this going". Then you take a break from stuff, feel a bit better and then try again and it comes back. It's a case of chipping away at this poison I think and then taking whatever breaks you need. Doesn't matter how many times you break off and stopping and starting. I learned that myself. There is only so much you can take in one go, before you may need to break off and give the body a chance to process the toxins that have been mobilised/pulled out by these products.

I am not sure whether you should cut back and keep going, or take a break and try again on a lower dose.....depends how ill you feel. You "may" need to stop, wait for relief and then start on a lower dose and see how you go.....it's up to you. I never knew what to do, I was all over the place because it was so unpredictable. One minute I"d be all strong and thinking right, I'm going to go for it and stick with it. But no sooner had this strong resolve come upon me, that I would later weaken from the eruption of the symptoms again from "going for it".

So, it maybe the same with you. Go with what works for YOU and even then, keep the symptoms where you can at least handle them to "some" degree and then break when/if necessary. That is the key. Mercury and a person's ability to cope with certain things is really individual. What you may tolerate now, you may not later on either. It's not predictable unfortunately.

For me? I think the most important nutrients were a foundation supplement base - multi mix vitamin/mineral powder supplement (if you can get one)which contains almost everything. Then on top of that? Extra vitamin C, vitamin E, selenium, magnesium, zinc and iodine...and maybe calcium to equal the magnesium ratio (I take them in equal ratios). You may also find a liver supplement helpful - e.g. "Livatone Plus" is a good one apparently and also contains antioxidants there as well.

Nothing really replaces a good diet though. As you've noticed, treating/preventing candida makes a big difference to your overall condition and handling of mercury (as well as detox). it enhances detoxification and allows toxins to be eliminated much better, rather than get redistributed from a toxic gut/liver (from yeast toxins). Often if that's the case, you'll just bounce around toxins everywhere because your gut and liver cannot cope. Yet they are also the keys to detox....

kelp and chlorella are apparently highly nutricious. They in themselves contain MANY nutrients, so who knows how much they cover in themselves....that is great you tolerate them, as I think they are wonderful from what I've heard about them. I don't tend to cope so well with algae/seaweed stuff for some reason these days. But go with what works for you. You will be getting iodine from kelp too...it's high in it.

Sometimes I tolerated chlorella, other times I did not and there were moments of extreme horrific symptoms from it, so for me it was not always a good thing. Garlic supplements were also very potent when it came to mercury and me! No so much the food though....although I think it did something, but just not as strong/potent as the supplement forms.

Re: Algin detoxing me? I feel classic symptoms of heavy metal detoxing. [Re: Bex] #41728
09/13/08 02:19 AM
09/13/08 02:19 AM
Bex  Offline
Master Elite Member
NZ ****
Iodine and Heart Health

International Medical Veritas Association

Courtesy of Scientific American

According to Scientific American physicians for decades have grappled with ways to block further tissue damage in patients who suffer heart attacks. They have tried everything from drugs to cell therapy—all with little luck. But promising new research indicates that a biogel made from seaweed may have the healing powers that have thus far eluded them. Some of the principle healing agents in seaweed are magnesium, iodine, and selenium.

Though the main theme of this book is magnesium medicine for cardiac care we will deal in this chapter with iodine and in another with the important mineral selenium. Selenium is not only crucial when using iodine but it addresses most directly the Hun Hordes of Mercury that are attacking heart tissues in massive amounts leading to cardiac arrest. Mercury is a deadly cardiac poison whose best antidote is selenium - since they bind together making it easier for the body to remove the selenium-mercury compound.

Doctors and all health care practitioners need to be up on their minerals because we need them now more than ever. Minerals provide the foundations of our bodies as cement provides the support for most building foundations. We need to be acutely aware also of how the minerals work together and are dependent on each other for functioning at optimal levels. It is important that mineral interactions be taken into account when looking at iodine supplementation. A person with superior nutrient intake, especially of selenium, will be much more likely to respond well to higher intakes of iodine.

Seaweeds (iodine) have exceptional value in the treatment of candida overgrowth. They contain selenium and (all the) other minerals necessary for rebuilding immunity; furthermore the rich iodine content is used by enzymes in the body to produce iodine-charged free radicals which deactivate yeasts.[i] Experiments have shown that k. japonica, edible seaweed, was able to transform inorganic selenium to organic selenium through metabolism. Seaweed was crucial in the evolution of life in that it was and still is responsible for concentrating iodine from the ocean. The Japanese eat more seaweed then anyone in the world and they enjoy some of the best health statistics for it.

Clinical cardiovascular features of hypothyroidism include: bradycardia, reduced cardiac output, increased pericardial and pleural effusions, increased diastolic blood pressure and peripheral vasoconstriction. According to Dr. Stephen A. Hoption Cann, Department of Health Care and Epidemiology, University of British Columbia, iodine deficiency can have deleterious effects on the cardiovascular system, and correspondingly, that a higher iodine intake may benefit cardiovascular function.[ii]

Regional iodine intake has been shown to be associated with the prevalence of hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism, where autoimmune hypothyroidism is the more common of the two in regions with moderate to high iodine intake. Both of these thyroid abnormalities have been shown to negatively affect cardiovascular function.

Selenium, an important antioxidant in the thyroid and involved
in the metabolism of iodine-containing thyroid hormones, may
play an interactive role in the development of these thyroid
irregularities, and in turn, cardiovascular disease.
Dr. Stephen. Hoption Cann

Dr. Michael Donaldson says, “Iodine stabilizes the heart rhythm, lowers serum cholesterol, lowers blood pressure, and is known to make the blood thinner as well, judging by longer clotting times seen by clinicians. Iodine is not only good for the cardiovascular system, it is vital. Sufficient iodine is needed for a stable rhythmic heart beat. Iodine, directly or indirectly, can normalize serum cholesterol levels and normalize blood pressure. Iodine attaches to insulin receptors and improves glucose metabolism, which is good news for people with diabetes. Iodine and iodine-rich foods have long been used as a treatment for hypertension and cardiovascular disease; yet, modern randomized studies examining the effects of iodine on cardiovascular disease have not been carried out.”[iii]

Adequate iodine is necessary for proper thyroid function.
The heart is a target organ for thyroid hormones. Marked changes occur in cardiac function in patients with hypo- or hyperthyroidism.

The country of Finland is an excellent case study of cardiovascular disease and iodine, as reviewed by Dr. Cann. Endemic goiter was common in people and in domestic animals, particularly in the eastern part of Finland away from the sea. Studies in the 1950s revealed that the major dietary difference between eastern and western Finland was iodine. The risk of death from coronary heart disease was 3.5 times higher for people with a goiter in Finland.[iv]

"Thyroid hormone is an important regulator of cardiac function and cardiovascular hemodynamics. Triiodothyronine, (T(3)), the physiologically active form of thyroid hormone, binds to nuclear receptor proteins and mediates the expression of several important cardiac genes, inducing transcription of the positively regulated genes including alpha-myosin heavy chain (MHC) and the sarcoplasmic reticulum calcium ATPase.” [v]

“Negatively regulated genes include beta-MHC and phospholamban, which are down regulated in the presence of normal serum levels of thyroid hormone. T(3) mediated effects on the systemic vasculature include relaxation of vascular smooth muscle resulting in decreased arterial resistance and diastolic blood pressure. In hyperthyroidism, cardiac contractility and cardiac output are enhanced and systemic vascular resistance is decreased, while in hypothyroidism, the opposite is true. Patients with subclinical hypothyroidism manifest many of the same cardiovascular changes, but to a lesser degree than that which occurs in overt hypothyroidism. Cardiac disease states are sometimes associated with the low T(3) syndrome.”[vi]

“The phenotype of the failing heart resembles that of the hypothyroid heart, both in cardiac physiology and in gene expression. Changes in serum T(3) levels in patients with chronic congestive heart failure are caused by alterations in thyroid hormone metabolism suggesting that patients may benefit from T(3) replacement in this setting."[vii] T(3) of course is iodine dependent so the relationship between iodine and heart disease gets clearer.

Iodine-containing thyroid hormones, thyroxine (T4) and
triiodothyronine (T3), are important metabolic regulators
of cardiovascular activity with the ability to exert action on
cardiac myocytes, vascular smooth muscle, and endothelial cells.
Dr. Stephen. Hoption Cann

“Whole body sufficiency of iodine/iodide results in optimal cardiac functions,” writes Dr. Guy Abraham.[viii] There is an epidemic of cardiac arrhythmias and atrial fibrillation in this country and Dr. Abraham is convinced that the medical iodine phobia has a great deal to do with this phenomenon. Adequate stores of iodine are necessary for a smooth heartbeat.[ix]

The thyroid hormone deficiency on cardiovascular function can be characterized with decreased myocardial contractility and increased peripheral vascular resistance as well as with the changes in lipid metabolism.[x] Dr. B. West says, “Iodine supplementation may be the missing link in a good percentage of heart arrhythmia cases, especially atrial fibrillation. The body needs adequate stores of iodine for the heart to beat smoothly. After close to a year now of using Iodine Fulfillment Therapy, I can attest to this fact. Most of the stubborn cases of cardiac arrhythmias and atrial fibrillation that we were unable to completely correct with our cardiac protocols have now been resolved with adequate supplies of iodine added to the protocol.”[xi]

“Amazingly, while medicine shuns iodine therapy, their most popular anti-fibrillation drug, Amiodarone, actually is iodine in a more toxic, sustained-release form. This drug can produce a smooth heartbeat when the body has accumulated about 1,500 mgs of iodine—the exact amount of iodine retained by your body when iodine fulfillment is achieved by natural supplementation with Prolamine Iodine. Unfortunately, Amiodarone is an extremely toxic form of iodine used by the medical profession. The side effects are often too great (and even life threatening) for most people to endure long enough to achieve a normal heartbeat. In addition, once you stop this drug, your original problem returns. Iodine therapy, on the other hand, fulfills the body’s needs safely, then maintains the smooth heartbeat with a low-maintenance dose,” continued Dr. West.

Dr. Donaldson reminds us of the selenium iodine connection saying, “Another factor in how much iodine can be safely used depends on other possible mineral deficiencies. Selenium is very important for thyroid function. Selenium is part of the antioxidant enzyme glutathione peroxidase. Glutathione peroxidase in the thyroid helps quench free-radicals produced by the enzyme thyroid peroxidase (which functions to organify iodide as it enters the thyroid). If high levels of iodide are present in the thyroid without sufficient amounts of glutathione peroxidase it causes free-radical damage to the thyroid, leading to autoimmune thyroid disease. Several of the enzymes that convert T4 into T3 also require selenium. Studies in Zaire have found that supplementing selenium and iodine deficient children with just selenium had adverse effects on thyroid function.” [xii]

The selenium content in seaweed can bind with
whatever mercury is present and render it harmless.

There are just some people who understand the basics of cellular medicine and act appropriately. Dr. John Young in Tampa Florida has been experimenting with a new process for reversing metabolic syndrome and Type 2 diabetes. Over the past seven years he claims to have a success rate of 80 percent with over 100 diabetes patients. Dr. Young uses a combination of alkaline protein and minerals with a form of iodine that he says reverses the process in diabetes patients in eight to 12 weeks.

It’s important to remember that diabetes and heart disease share similar etiologies. Whatever Dr. Young is doing for his diabetic patients physicians can be doing for their heart patients. Iodine is critical to the heart and arterial system so we know it needs to be part of a fundamental protocol either in a preventative or treatment sense.

Dr. George Flechas has found that iodine can reduce the need for insulin in diabetic patients, using 50 to 100 mg of iodine per day. Of 12 patients, 6 were able to completely come off their medications with random glucose readings below 100 mg/dl and a HbA1c less than 5.8 (normal), and the other 6 were able to reduce the amount and/or number of medications needed to control their diabetes.

There is a patient who had severe mitral valve prolapse. A 35-year old banker who could not walk more than 20 metres without getting cyanosed. Five cardiologists and surgeons suggested open heart surgery immediately. He decided against the surgery and went to the DaVinci Clinic in Cyrus to my colleague Dr. George Gorgiou. A central part of the pathology was severe mercury toxicity of the heart tissues - he removed 14 amalgams poisoning himself in the process which caused severe mitral valve prolapse. With the correct treatment not only did this man survive but nearly a year later he is now wind surfing 12 miles at competition standard and came first two weeks ago in a race with two others. He is working a full life etc.

The patient actually has registered with the Guiness Book of Records as being the only man on this planet who has completely healed of severe mitral valve prolapse without open-heart surgery. Dr. Georgiou is a naturopathic doctor whose speciality is chelation of heavy metals. He has done research in Russia creating his own natural chelator called HMD. There are doctors out in the field who understand what is actually going on in cardiac patients and treat them in ways mainstream cardiologists don't even dream of. Basic to this man's treatment was magnesium, iodine and natural chelation with the HMD and other naturopathic support medicinals.

My soon to be released book on Iodine is dedicated to the iodine doctors, brave souls who have risked bringing medicine back to some semblance of sanity. Iodine offers us such a return; it is bedrock medicine and is almost as useful as magnesium chloride. The above is the last chapter written for the book and represents a breakthrough in cardiac care.

Having just finished the book it still amazes me the mysteries of iodine. I am known in certain circles as the magnesium man but with the publishing of this book I am definitely in the iodine camp. The experience of the past few days though are transforming me into an iodine man as well.

My whole family came down with something that has been going around the neighborhood, let’s call it the flu. As the first winds of it approached my body’s senses I ran for the iodine and took strong doses of it every hour or two and it beat the invading devils, headed them off right at the pass. I still got the symptoms of cough and running nose but I did not feel or get what most people call ‘sick’. I was right on the edge for a day but each time I took the iodine I could feel it giving me strength. The only side effect was that my mind intensified in clarity, my sleep time was reduced and I woke up fresh and ready to run to my work. I just this moment said to one of my son’s, who is suffering from the flu that he and I were both ignorant, meaning he did not think to take the iodine and until this week I never had for this purpose either. I have done so for my little children when they have gotten sick but there is nothing like first hand experience.

I was using the Nascent Iodine[xiii], which I believe is the safest and most effective of the iodine’s available and for the children I would only use this. It is not as concentrated as Lugol’s, even the newer watered down Lugol’s, which is mostly what is available in the United States after some laws changed, is much stronger. I thus recommend Lugol’s for transdermal iodine therapy. Many of the iodine doctors use Iodoral or Iosol and with these one can take iodine dosages up to very high levels safely. The Nascent is something different, having powerful effects at much lower dosages. Feeling it in ones mouth hour after hour gives one a sense of amazement about iodine.

Considering the importance of this element for overall well-being, it is most amazing that no study so far has attempted to answer the very important question about what the optimal amount of daily iodine intake should be for the greatest levels of mental and physical well-being in the majority of a population with a minimum of negative effects. The more one experiences iodine the higher ones estimate goes in this regard.

An important note that the CDC would not like you to know is that Russian researchers and experts in mercury have correlated the flu with mercury toxicity more than with little bugs that crawl around inside of us. And behold, iodine chelates mercury as it does fluoride, bromide and even percolate, the halogen like rocket fuel polluting half of North America. In The Ultimate Heart Medicine book we see that mercury is a huge problem for heart muscles, which concentrate it to levels thousands of times higher than seen in other tissues.

Though iodine is known for its importance for the thyroid, little has been publicized about its other crucial roles. Iodine is needed in microgram amounts for the health of the thyroid on a daily basis but when you factor in the needs of all the other tissues and organs[xiv] much higher doses are needed. Iodine supports the health of many organs in the body but for the heart it is mission critical as is magnesium.

Mark Sircus Ac., OMD
Director International Medical Veritas Association
http://www.winningcancer.com/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[i] P. Pitchford, Healing with Whole Foods, Revised Edition, North Atlantic Books, 36, 1993.
[ii] Journal of the American College of Nutrition, Vol. 25, No. 1, 1-11 (2006) Hypothesis: Dietary Iodine Intake in the Etiology of Cardiovascular Disease
[iii] ibid
[iv] Cann SAH. Hypothesis: dietary iodine intake in the etiology of cardiovascular disease. J Am Coll Nutr 2006;25(1):1-11.
[v] Thyroid hormone and the cardiovascular system. Danzi S, Klein I. Minerva Endocrinol. 2004 Sep;29(3):139-50. Review.
[vi] ibid
[vii] ibid
[viii] The Original Internist, 12(2):57-66, 2005
[ix] Health Alert, Vol. 22, No. 12
[x] Iodine deficiency in cardiovascular diseases Molnar I, Magyari M, Stief L. Orv Hetil. 1998 Aug 30;139(35):2071-3. Hungarian.
[xi] Atrial Fibrillation, Arrhythmias and Iodine. West B Health Alert, June 2006, Volume 23, Issue 6
[xii] http://www.hacres.com/diet/articles/Iodine.pdf
[xiii] http://www.magneticclay.com Toll Free (800) 257-3315
[xiv] Other organs are also able to take up iodine, too, by the same transport protein as the thyroid. Research has shown that the receptor for iodine uptake is in the thyroid gland, salivary gland, parotid gland, submandibular gland, pituitary gland, pancreas, testis, mammary gland, gastric mucosa, prostate, ovary, adrenal gland, heart, thymus, lung, bladder, kidney, endometrium, and also breast, ovary and colon and the lacrimal gland The ovaries hold the second highest concentration of iodine, after the thyroid. The breasts also have a high concentration of iodine. Most secretions in the body, whether gastric, nasal, tears, sweat, etc., have iodine in them if sufficient iodine is present in the body.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

International Medical Veritas Association
Copyright 2008 All rights reserved.

Legal Notice: The Author specifically invokes the First Amendment rights of freedom of speech and of the press without prejudice. The information written is published for informational purposes only under the rights guaranteed by the First Amendment of the Constitution for the United States of America, and should not in any way be used as a substitute for the advice of a physician or other licensed health care practitioner. The statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the FDA. The products discussed herein are not intended to diagnose, cure, prevent or treat any disease. Images, text and logic are copyright protected. ALL rights are explicitly reserved without prejudice, and no part of this essay may be reproduced except by written consent. ©2008 by Mark Sircus

Re: Algin detoxing me? I feel classic symptoms of heavy metal detoxing. [Re: Bex] #41744
09/13/08 07:16 PM
09/13/08 07:16 PM
B
Birdlady  Offline
Veteran Member
PA ***
I started taking iodine about a year ago. My "natural" doctor put me on 1 tab a day of Iodoral. Well immediately following this, my hair started to fall out. To this day I have pinpointed my hair loss trigger to either iodine or cortef.

I've been taking 1 tab of iodine for quite a while now. It is really good for your thyroid and actually made my morning temperatures go up an entire degree. I definitely recommend it. However don't do more than 1 tab to start ESPECIALLY if you are mercury detoxing. Even a half tab might not be a bad idea. You will likely have detoxing symptoms just from the iodine.

When I first started taking it, my main symptom was that I felt like I had drank 10 espressos. My husband didn't have this feeling when he took it. It would give me this crazy burst of energy.

Now that I am on my first day of DMSA, I realize that feeling was mercury being moved. I feel like I have had 10 espressos today! haha

Iodine is the only thing I know that will rid the body of bromide and fluoride. The detoxing effects aren't pretty, so be careful. It took about 3 months of 3 pills a day for the iodine detoxing symptoms to go away. DO NOT start at that many pills though. You will feel terrible.

There is an entire curezone forum dedicated to Iodine therapy.
http://curezone.com/forums/f.asp?f=815

When conspiracies unwind, will you slam shut or free your mind or stay hypnotized.

~Muse
Re: Algin detoxing me? I feel classic symptoms of heavy metal detoxing. [Re: Birdlady] #41751
09/13/08 08:07 PM
09/13/08 08:07 PM
Bex  Offline
Master Elite Member
NZ ****
Hi birdlady,

Thanks for mentioning this. I am sorry this has happened to you. Was any reason given for why either of those things may have caused hair loss? I know that I was losing hair once with mercury toxicity, but thankfully it came back after I changed my diet. Has yours improved at all? any sign of new growth?

You are right about the effects of iodine and detox. I should have mentioned what happened to me when I started taking some and even then I was taken a diluted form of "lugol's iodine". Like yourself, the symptoms were like I had drunk a load of caffeine! I could not settle down, I could not slow my heart rate down and I became rather frightened by the reaction and had to keep taking breaks and stopping. Even two drops would cause it, yet it was diluted. One drop I could get away with it much more. But I think it was obviously detoxing certain chemicals, like the ones you mentioned maybe?

Or, it was the shock of my thyroid getting a sudden dose of iodine which it desperately needed and wasn't used to. So things went into overdrive. I honestly felt very very strange indeed. I also couldn't stop talking. Everything was hyped up.
I also recall detox symptoms with some metal taste too.

Definitely for anybody, start low! Really low. And then build up to a recommended dose if you need to. Depends on what effects there are. one may find benefit on a certain dose and do just fine on that.

Re: Algin detoxing me? I feel classic symptoms of heavy metal detoxing. [Re: Bex] #41752
09/13/08 08:53 PM
09/13/08 08:53 PM
B
Birdlady  Offline
Veteran Member
PA ***
Well I am not exactly sure why my hair started to fall out. My hair started to fall out after the first visit to my natural doctor. He had put me on a bunch of new supplements (including cortef and iodine) and about a week later, I noticed the bald spot. It may have been a coincidence, but I think it was either the cortef or iodine. I'm not sure why.

Since it's an autoimmune type, it's hard to say why it happened at all. I think it's just the mercury confusing my body's immune system, so it started to attack the hair follicles. Iodine can actually chelate mercury, so I think it started to pull mercury out of my body and wasn't being excreted properly.

I have a very tiny amount of regrowth at the moment, but it is still bald on the left side. I have no side burns and when I pull my hair up in a ponytail it is VERY obvious. This picture is from July. I definitely have more growth near my ear now, but it's still pretty bad. Hopefully once this mercury moves out of my body it will get better. =) I had a large increase in acne too following the hair loss. I have never had pimples like I do now. You can see all the little dots on my face in the picture. Y I K E S! ...I hate looking at them.
[Linked Image]

When conspiracies unwind, will you slam shut or free your mind or stay hypnotized.

~Muse
Re: Algin detoxing me? I feel classic symptoms of heavy metal detoxing. [Re: Birdlady] #41754
09/13/08 10:11 PM
09/13/08 10:11 PM
S
Sean  Offline OP
Elite Member
Bex that is one of the best articles I have read, my GOD seaweed is VERY good for Candida and Mercury. I think most should read that in here.

Oh yeah I did well on the Algin for a few weeks or so slowly starting and only using it once or twice a day, then I started to three time a day it and take 4 one night before bedtime! From them on I tried it the next night and felt horrible. I think I tried to jump in too quick when going slow was really what was working and not bothering me. Sometimes we don't feel results and think more more more! Then we do and pay for it. Does Algin contain the Iodine and Selenium that the Kelp does though? That seems to be the key, the nutritional value.

Last edited by Sean; 09/13/08 11:02 PM.

Re: Algin detoxing me? I feel classic symptoms of heavy metal detoxing. [Re: Birdlady] #41778
09/14/08 02:44 PM
Jeanie  Offline
Master Elite Member
The great USA ***
awww. You're a baby!!! How old are you? In your twenties? (That's the only thing I notice : ) Maybe people think you're a punk rocker : ) I have to say.....you youngun's on here like Sean, too, etc. are very impressive to be so in tune to what is going on.

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is." Albert Einstein
Re: Algin detoxing me? I feel classic symptoms of heavy metal detoxing. [Re: Birdlady] #41779
Jeanie  Offline
Master Elite Member
The great USA ***
Oh - and you've got your eye brows and lashes!!! Thank goodness for that! : )

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is." Albert Einstein
Re: Algin detoxing me? I feel classic symptoms of heavy metal detoxing. [Re: Bex] #41780
09/14/08 02:54 PM
09/14/08 02:54 PM
Jeanie  Offline
Master Elite Member
The great USA ***
Wow - I needed to read this. My lipids have not been good and not for any good reason. I only use olive oil, etc. But my family hx is so strong. My dad died of a massive coronary at 38 years old! My brother died last year at 48 (which I am now). He and my dad both smoked and I'm bothered tremendously by even 2nd hand smoke (probably due to growing up with it - I was 12 when he died). My mom's mom lived to be 94 and mom is 76 with only hypertension and TIAs (transient ischemic attacks (mini- strokes)but now even my sister has been dx'd with both hypothyroidism and diabetes. She has amalgams, too, though. Anyways.....good info and I think I need me some selenium....( kelp). Probably needing some iodine, too.

Re: Algin detoxing me? I feel classic symptoms of heavy metal detoxing. [Re: Jeanie] #41815
09/14/08 08:32 PM
09/14/08 08:32 PM
S
Sean  Offline OP
Elite Member
Originally Posted by Jeanie
awww. You're a baby!!! How old are you? In your twenties? (That's the only thing I notice : ) Maybe people think you're a punk rocker : ) I have to say.....you youngun's on here like Sean, too, etc. are very impressive to be so in tune to what is going on.
I have been studying this one for quite a while, but since this board I have learned more about Chemtrails and other things, so I never stop learning.

Re: Algin detoxing me? I feel classic symptoms of heavy metal detoxing. [Re: Sean] #41821
09/14/08 09:03 PM
09/14/08 09:03 PM
Bex  Offline
Master Elite Member
NZ ****
Hi birdlady,

Thanks for sharing the picture. I am very sad to see the loss of hair, but I am hoping that it will grow back in time (fully). And the bumps on the skin? I think I have heard iodine can cause that if in excess, but am not sure enough about it. I am really concerned about it now and not so keen on recommending iodine so readily....or at least not without some caution as to dose. I have never been on big doses, just diluted forms of lugol's OR kelp. Neither of which have caused problems, apart from increased detox symptoms.

Perhaps kelp is the safer way to go? My father takes it everyday and is fine. He's in his seventies and I've not heard many bad things about it. I am hoping it's ok, but again I guess caution is required for most things, even "healthY" stuff can be done in excess.

Re: Algin detoxing me? I feel classic symptoms of heavy metal detoxing. [Re: Sean] #41822
09/14/08 09:11 PM
09/14/08 09:11 PM
Bex  Offline
Master Elite Member
NZ ****
Bex that is one of the best articles I have read, my GOD seaweed is VERY good for Candida and Mercury. I think most should read that in here.

Oh yeah I did well on the Algin for a few weeks or so slowly starting and only using it once or twice a day, then I started to three time a day it and take 4 one night before bedtime! From them on I tried it the next night and felt horrible. I think I tried to jump in too quick when going slow was really what was working and not bothering me. Sometimes we don't feel results and think more more more! Then we do and pay for it. Does Algin contain the Iodine and Selenium that the Kelp does though? That seems to be the key, the nutritional value.

Hi Sean,

Yeah, I thought they were good articles when I read them and was only too glad to pass them on. But after hearing about birdlady I am a bit concerned about excess iodine. It's not certain what was THE cause of what happened to her and I personally wouldn't take chances and use iodine in high doses, not at least until I knew I tolerated it and it was right for me.

I am not sure whether algin itself contains iodine/selenium. I think algin is an extract of seaweed that has an affinity for accessible metals in the digestive tract and possibly elsewhere. However, I don't know enough about it. Perhaps Russ would know the nutritional content (if any?).

Re: Algin detoxing me? I feel classic symptoms of heavy metal detoxing. [Re: Bex] #41830
09/14/08 09:59 PM
09/14/08 09:59 PM
wormwood  Offline
Birdlady, I feel for you with your hair loss. I thought you had shaved it for a punk look too. It would really suit you so mayber you could take on that look while waiting for your hair to grow. Let us know how the re-growth goes.

Re: Algin detoxing me? I feel classic symptoms of heavy metal detoxing. [Re: Bex] #41835
09/15/08 01:21 AM
09/15/08 01:21 AM
S
Sean  Offline OP
Elite Member
Originally Posted by Bex

Hi Sean,

Yeah, I thought they were good articles when I read them and was only too glad to pass them on. But after hearing about birdlady I am a bit concerned about excess iodine. It's not certain what was THE cause of what happened to her and I personally wouldn't take chances and use iodine in high doses, not at least until I knew I tolerated it and it was right for me.

I am not sure whether algin itself contains iodine/selenium. I think algin is an extract of seaweed that has an affinity for accessible metals in the digestive tract and possibly elsewhere. However, I don't know enough about it. Perhaps Russ would know the nutritional content (if any?).
Yes iodine in high doses probably, but Kelp from a natural source is probably nowhere near the dosage of those Iodine pills she takes! Birdlady try some kelp instead girl. I haven't heard of too much Iodine Kelp, but Iodine pills I have read that you should not take too long because the excess iodine can actually hurt the thyroid and not help it in the long run. I would try Kelp first. BTW Algin made me sick as hell for days Bex, I am off of it now but my stomach was a complete mess the last few days, today I actually threw up and I haven't done that in years (Stomach acid and diarreah). I will not use it again soon.

Re: Algin detoxing me? I feel classic symptoms of heavy metal detoxing. [Re: Sean] #41839
09/15/08 01:59 AM
09/15/08 01:59 AM
Bex  Offline
Master Elite Member
NZ ****
Hi Sean,

Algae/kelp and products like that, are not always suitable for everybody. I now have problems with them and cannot take them. I found I couldn't digest them properly or something and I would actually get very sick from then and almost non functional. Like something was just sitting in my gut and going nowhere. Not a pleasant experience. I figure there are other problems in me that are actually responsible for why these things now are not tolerated.

So Sean, you may have problems with algin in a similar manner. It may simply not be for you.

Re: Algin detoxing me? I feel classic symptoms of heavy metal detoxing. [Re: Bex] #41863
09/15/08 10:08 AM
09/15/08 10:08 AM
SoSick  Offline
Master Elite Member
Lost on a mountain USA ***
I think Sean is sicker than he realizes and if he keeps running away from things that could help him because he gets withdrawal symptoms from the toxins that unload he will never get better... sometimes getting better hurts a bit.. more often than not from my experience.

I like iodine I bought a BIG bottle of Lugol's. I only do a couple drops every couple days though. the first coupel days I got it I did quite a bit... probably a half teaspoon the first day. got quite a stuffy head and headache but felt much better afterwards. Trading good stuff for the bad stuff in my body can be a menace but it has to be done.

I paint it on sometimes too.

I think it has a lot to do with all the bentonite clay and chlorella enemas I was doing a couple months ago, and then the diatomaceous earth too... but my fingernails are changing color... they are getting much lighter, pinker.. my toenails too, it's real evident you can literally see lines of much darker skin growing out underneath I have been showing my fingernails to everyone it's the best example of healing I can provide, just looking at them at them it's so evident that what i am doing is working real well. People can't tell I am feeling better all the time just by looking at me but my fingernails have been telling a real story of an ongoing battle. I have not had any new ridging in months either.

Re: Algin detoxing me? I feel classic symptoms of heavy metal detoxing. [Re: SoSick] #41866
09/15/08 11:40 AM
09/15/08 11:40 AM
F
fuggles  Offline
Graduate Member
Originally Posted by SoSick
I think Sean is sicker than he realizes and if he keeps running away from things that could help him because he gets withdrawal symptoms from the toxins that unload he will never get better... sometimes getting better hurts a bit.. more often than not from my experience.

I like iodine I bought a BIG bottle of Lugol's. I only do a couple drops every couple days though. the first coupel days I got it I did quite a bit... probably a half teaspoon the first day. got quite a stuffy head and headache but felt much better afterwards. Trading good stuff for the bad stuff in my body can be a menace but it has to be done.

I paint it on sometimes too.

I think it has a lot to do with all the bentonite clay and chlorella enemas I was doing a couple months ago, and then the diatomaceous earth too... but my fingernails are changing color... they are getting much lighter, pinker.. my toenails too, it's real evident you can literally see lines of much darker skin growing out underneath I have been showing my fingernails to everyone it's the best example of healing I can provide, just looking at them at them it's so evident that what i am doing is working real well. People can't tell I am feeling better all the time just by looking at me but my fingernails have been telling a real story of an ongoing battle. I have not had any new ridging in months either.

Does it come out as liquid mercury from the stools/urine ?

Re: Algin detoxing me? I feel classic symptoms of heavy metal detoxing. [Re: fuggles] #41889
09/15/08 10:13 PM
09/15/08 10:13 PM
Bex  Offline
Master Elite Member
NZ ****
Hi sosick,

If Sean is anything like I was, the symptoms of mercury can become extreme if there are not breaks in detox. Forcing onself to continue regardless can be irresponsible, so I don't see that stopping something and re-evaluating is "running away" as such. Considering my detox symptoms were often pretty pscyho and would have had me committed for sure had I not stopped and let things settle again. So I did the responsible thing and let it be for awhile and then I'd try again.

Not everything is down to mercury detox either. There are certain things that may not agree with a person. Like now, I don't tolerate algae products. It's not detox symptoms, but rather a sense of something staying put in the gut and not moving. I just wind up feeling like I'm in a stupor. That never use to be the case. So it's not for me these days.

Detox symptoms for me are usually awful, but noticeable for what they are. In that sense, there is a comfort in them but hard to accept it at the time. The detox symptoms I tended to get were simply an intensification of my existing symptoms and often crying, nausea, salivation, headaches, severe depression and anxiety, a feeling of doom, and sometimes screaming fits (which I haven't had in ages), weakness/fatigue, itching, rashes etc. On they went, but I knew what they were. But often much of it was unnecessary, when I figured out a better chelation protocol for me. Still felt ill from detox, but it was at least sane and manageable.

There were other things that happened at times in taking a product that seemed not so much detox, but allergy/intolerance. I sometimes vomited uncontrollably from taking chlorella eventually, which I finally worked out was the difficult to digest cell walls. I was told to take it again adn "ignore this" and I did and wound up vomiting the entire day after only one small bit of chlorell and burst quite a few blood vessels.

Again it comes down also to responsibility for ones health, as well as putting up with detox too. Because I'm well aware that a certain amount of pain unfortunately is usually inevitable and may have to be tolerated to a point in order to get the toxins out. It's just one of those things. You usually get familiar with your own body enough to figure out whether it's detox or something else.

Re: Algin detoxing me? I feel classic symptoms of heavy metal detoxing. [Re: Bex] #41909
09/16/08 12:26 AM
09/16/08 12:26 AM
S
Sean  Offline OP
Elite Member
Originally Posted by Bex
Hi sosick,

If Sean is anything like I was, the symptoms of mercury can become extreme if there are not breaks in detox. Forcing onself to continue regardless can be irresponsible, so I don't see that stopping something and re-evaluating is "running away" as such. Considering my detox symptoms were often pretty pscyho and would have had me committed for sure had I not stopped and let things settle again. So I did the responsible thing and let it be for awhile and then I'd try again.

Not everything is down to mercury detox either. There are certain things that may not agree with a person. Like now, I don't tolerate algae products. It's not detox symptoms, but rather a sense of something staying put in the gut and not moving. I just wind up feeling like I'm in a stupor. That never use to be the case. So it's not for me these days.

Detox symptoms for me are usually awful, but noticeable for what they are. In that sense, there is a comfort in them but hard to accept it at the time. The detox symptoms I tended to get were simply an intensification of my existing symptoms and often crying, nausea, salivation, headaches, severe depression and anxiety, a feeling of doom, and sometimes screaming fits (which I haven't had in ages), weakness/fatigue, itching, rashes etc. On they went, but I knew what they were. But often much of it was unnecessary, when I figured out a better chelation protocol for me. Still felt ill from detox, but it was at least sane and manageable.

There were other things that happened at times in taking a product that seemed not so much detox, but allergy/intolerance. I sometimes vomited uncontrollably from taking chlorella eventually, which I finally worked out was the difficult to digest cell walls. I was told to take it again adn "ignore this" and I did and wound up vomiting the entire day after only one small bit of chlorell and burst quite a few blood vessels.

Again it comes down also to responsibility for ones health, as well as putting up with detox too. Because I'm well aware that a certain amount of pain unfortunately is usually inevitable and may have to be tolerated to a point in order to get the toxins out. It's just one of those things. You usually get familiar with your own body enough to figure out whether it's detox or something else.

Yes it is always important to detox at a slow pace and if things are going bad pull the plug, this is our lives we are dealing with and we have to be very careful. I pull away when it gets too scary and I am unstable, and then back up and try a different approach and start out slow to see what really works for me and is safe. Good post, I agree 100% there. I don't run away from things, I simply want to live well and use my head, if it's going bad back off it's not good for you.

BTW to the vomiting thing you mentioned, I threw up yesterday for the first time in forever it seemed, but was so nausiated and stomach a wreck (Diarreah too like crazy) and it's been okay for a while now. I am back to better today from just taking alfalfa and enzymes for yeast, I feel like me again (IF thats good or not lol) and stomach is fine and back to normal pretty much. The enzymes give a little die off in Candida, but nothing near what I felt a few days ago with the Algin. I did not tolerate it well, I gave it a good try and it did not get better really and I felt sick all day long. I will Alfalfa is and Enzyme if for a few weeks (Fish oil too), then try to pick up something else to help with Mercury. I have a feeling I am going to get Kelp again as I tolerated it very well, that or start out slowly on a vitamin E and Selenium supplement diet, either or I am going to be VERY safe now.

Last edited by Sean; 09/16/08 12:32 AM.

Re: Algin detoxing me? I feel classic symptoms of heavy metal detoxing. [Re: fuggles] #41983
09/16/08 08:29 AM
09/16/08 08:29 AM
SoSick  Offline
Master Elite Member
Lost on a mountain USA ***
Originally Posted by fuggles
Does it come out as liquid mercury from the stools/urine ?

I have no idea, I just know, for sure, it comes out. You can usually smell the tinny metals. But you have to be doing stuff that causes your body to eliminate well for even for the enemas to work in any noticable way. Diet mostly for me lately.. cilantro...garlic.. fruit smoothies with DE.. working up a good sweat in the garden a couple months back caused me to shift an awful lot of mercury around too... I was a bit sick for a few weeks there... but I think I unloaded egads of toxins those few days. I have to go through that because doing things like working up a sweat in the garden is pretty high on my list of things I enjoy doing.

I have often seen a glittery residue in the toilet when doing enemas. But it could be anything, mercury is just one item. I'd say in my case it's a hefty combination of things.

I prefer to go a bit quicker and risk feeling bad now and then... those bouts of feeling bad become fewer and fewer with much longer spans of feeling real good inbetween instead of ongoing weeks and months of feeling just yucky and not being able to think straight.. it's vitally important to supplement, get plenty of rest and eat well to avoid crashing, avoid white wheat products (junk food) like the plague the bromide can really cause issues.. and msg etc.. selenium is real important to supplement and calcium, magnesium and zinc. There is lots of good quality calcium in the DE.

Elimnating toxins, heavy metals especially, never feels good. Thinking that chelating is somehow going to make you feel better immediately is sort of an oxymoron far as I can tell. It isn't going to make you feel better right now, but you will feel better next month, much better. You have to make great big changes in yopur diet and lifestyle to try to avoid the things that made you sick in the first place too.

but anyway, the colon cleansing, the enemas with chlorella and bentonite clay especially, are top of my list on the road to recovery. Most effective. Essential. A difficult chore though, you really have to be determined to win this.

Juicing lots of fresh organic fruits and veggies also helps a lot.

Re: Algin detoxing me? I feel classic symptoms of heavy metal detoxing. [Re: SoSick] #41987
09/16/08 02:28 PM
09/16/08 02:28 PM
F
fuggles  Offline
Graduate Member
okay

what actually is algin ? does it say the ingredients on the back of it ?

Re: Algin detoxing me? I feel classic symptoms of heavy metal detoxing. [Re: fuggles] #41988
09/16/08 03:08 PM
09/16/08 03:08 PM
S
Sean  Offline OP
Elite Member
okay

It is part of the Kelp plant from what I know. Russ sells it, just go to products up there on this page and look for Algin and it explains what it is.

Re: Algin detoxing me? I feel classic symptoms of heavy metal detoxing. [Re: Sean] #41994
09/16/08 06:14 PM
09/16/08 06:14 PM
Russ  Online Content

Master Elite Member
Maine, USA ****
Algin is a non-digestible dietary fiber found in brown seaweeds such as kelp. Algin has the unique quality of being able to absorb large quantities of water—it can swell to approximately 25 to 35 times its original bulk in an alkaline environment. In the intestines, algin exerts a bulk laxative action, binding to toxins to inhibit their absorption, then promoting their excretion by drawing these substances out of the body.1-5

Researchers classify algin as a high-molecular-weight polysaccharide (the major polysaccharide in brown seaweeds) and a hydrophilic colloidal substance (hydrophilic—readily absorbs moisture; colloid—microscopic particles suspended in some sort of liquid medium).4-6

Algin has been shown to protect against radioactive and heavy-metal contaminants by binding (or chelating) with these toxins in the gastrointestinal tract and forming an insoluble “gel-like” salt (sodium alginate) that is then excreted in the feces. Research conducted in the early 1970’s found that algin absorbs radioactive materials, including strontium-90, barium, cadmium, manganese, mercury, tin and zinc. Additional studies have determined that algin exhibits a high specificity for the binding of strontium in particular.5,7,8

Read more...

The Captian
Today they call you "crazy". Tomorrow they call you "ahead of your time."
Global Skywatch Learn about Chemtrails - You're breathing them now!
OnlyTheBestHerbs.com World-class supplements
Mercury Talk Why you are sick.
OneUp Domains Domains, Hosting, Email
1-800-358-4278 (U.S. & Canada)
Re: Algin detoxing me? I feel classic symptoms of heavy metal detoxing. [Re: Russ] #42088
09/17/08 05:01 PM
09/17/08 05:01 PM
B
Birdlady  Offline
Veteran Member
PA ***
Thanks for the words of encouragement. We got hit by the aftermath of Ike and had no power for 2 days. We still don't have internet at our house and it's probably gonna be another week.

As all of this has been going on, I started my first round of DMSA and I feel pretty normal. I'm not sure if I need to increase the dose next time or just chug along to see what happens. I'm only on 15mg. I am on my 4 days off now.

Just decided to pop on here with my husband's wireless to say hello. It's still gonna be a while though until you see me on here regularly. The power lines look like pretzels! lol

Last edited by Birdlady; 09/17/08 05:04 PM.

~Muse
Re: Algin detoxing me? I feel classic symptoms of heavy metal detoxing. [Re: Birdlady] #42113
09/17/08 10:28 PM
09/17/08 10:28 PM
S
Sean  Offline OP
Elite Member
Originally Posted by Birdlady
Thanks for the words of encouragement. We got hit by the aftermath of Ike and had no power for 2 days. We still don't have internet at our house and it's probably gonna be another week.

As all of this has been going on, I started my first round of DMSA and I feel pretty normal. I'm not sure if I need to increase the dose next time or just chug along to see what happens. I'm only on 15mg. I am on my 4 days off now.

Just decided to pop on here with my husband's wireless to say hello. It's still gonna be a while though until you see me on here regularly. The power lines look like pretzels! lol
That sucks, thank God you are okay though.

Re: Algin detoxing me? I feel classic symptoms of heavy metal detoxing. [Re: Sean] #42149
09/18/08 12:28 PM
09/18/08 12:28 PM
B
Birdlady  Offline
Veteran Member
PA ***
Well to our surprise we woke up today and our internet is working! Yay. Now it's time to work again. :-/ Thanks Sean. I live in PA so we weren't expecting such a rough time from Ike's remnants. It didn't even rain here, but the wind was incredible. They said the highest recorded in the area was 80mph!

Let me try to respond now to some of the questions asked. Jeanie I am 24, so yes I am a youngen but I certainly don't feel 24 some days. haha I've been feeling a LOT better recently.

Sean, the one thing that makes me vomit is zinc! I cannot take that stuff for some reason. Immediately after taking it, I will vomit or get a severe stomach ache.

On to the iodine concerns. When my hair started to fall out I was on 1 Iodoral a day which is 12.5mg. This is not considered excessive to those who supplement with iodine. Some people on the curezone supplementation forum are on 8+ pills a day. I saw someone on 32 lugol's drops a day.

I think it started to move a lot of the toxins out of my thyroid, which is what started the hair loss. It sucks not having a chunk of my hair, but if it's getting stuff out of my thyroid then I am okay with it. When I was first taking Iodine I didn't even realize what it did. My doctor said to take it and I did because it can help with cysts. I have a large cyst on my collar bone that I was hoping would shrink it. The cyst has shrunk over the past year, but it's still there.

I began to research the type of hair loss I had. That is when I learned what Iodine did in the body. Lots of women with Alopecia Areata actually take iodine for it. They will also rub iodine on their bald patches and some women have had success with it growing back. This info sort of confused me, but I have to wonder if the toxins got stuck in my body when I started to take the iodine. Perhaps because I had all 8 amalgams in my mouth still. I was in really bad shape when this started to happen. Maybe my body finally had enough.

The curezone forum on iodine supplementation is very good and active. I was reading some people's posts about having crazy detoxing symptoms. I told my doctor that all of these new symptoms were from the iodine. He said he never saw anyone unable to handle iodine like me, but it wasn't excessive symptoms like he thought. These were definitely detoxing symptoms, which are listed here.
http://www.breastcancerchoices.org/bromidedetoxsymptomsandstrategies.html

I had the classic boil like pimples which is caused by bromide coming to the surface of the skin. My emotions were crazy. I felt like I had drank a bunch of coffee. Now all of those are nonexistent now, but detoxing symptoms are a good thing in my opinion. Salt loading really helped me out with the symptoms, but at this point in my life I was on a basically no salt diet. Salt really bothered me for a while, but now I eat salt whenever I want.

My skin complexion has been really good since my amalgams have been out. I still have a few scars on the right side of my cheek, but nothing new has developed!

My hair loss is without a doubt an autoimmune attack. My body is attacking my hair follicles. The main reason why this can occur is heavy metals and other toxins. I know that I have this.

I wouldn't be afraid of iodine because of what happened to me. I have never seen anyone else develop autoimmune hair loss from iodine. The hair loss you see as a symptom of excessive is diffuse hair loss. This isn't what I have. Perhaps my hair loss coming after iodine supplementation was just a coincidence. I will never know, but I am where I am. It will be a year at the end of October. When it first started to happen it came at a time when I was thinking about going into modeling. It completely ruined everything I wanted to do. Perhaps this was a nudge to tell me not to do it. I will never know. These days I put my hair up, down, whatever and normally don't care what people think. Believe it or not but I can still hide both spots. I just part my hair on the right side and flip it over the left. Not many people even know it's there. My dentist who removed the amalgams didn't even realize it until I showed him.

I was banned from a hair loss forum I used to visit because I started talking about heavy metal/mercury poisoning as a cause for AA. They didn't want to hear anything about it.

I took a new picture yesterday.
[Linked Image]
This spot is much larger than before. Ugh my hair was dried out from showering at our in-laws house. My hair hasn't seen chlorine for 5 years and wasn't happy about it.
[Linked Image]

~Muse
Re: Algin detoxing me? I feel classic symptoms of heavy metal detoxing. [Re: Birdlady] #42160
09/18/08 03:04 PM
09/18/08 03:04 PM
S
Sean  Offline OP
Elite Member
^^^^^^^ What in the world? I can't figure that one out birdlady. I would try and help you get your hair back and give you suggestions, but I have to research further on what it can be. Maybe get off that Iodine you are on and use some Kelp? Apple Cider Vinegar also helps my hair grow faster and fuller. How long ago did this happen or when did it start should I say? Thats really weird to say the least.

Re: Algin detoxing me? I feel classic symptoms of heavy metal detoxing. [Re: Sean] #42196
09/18/08 10:39 PM
09/18/08 10:39 PM
S
Sean  Offline OP
Elite Member
Btw doesn't surprise me you were banned from a board for bringing some truth to the light, they think anything out of the ordinary is not possible and live their simple little lives and believe what they hear on TV all the time. Thats why we are losing because America is a bunch of simple idiots, sad to say but nobody thinks for themselves or outside of the box, or even realistically on Mercury etc. They are thinking Fish can cause things and maybe vaccines, but teeth? These idiots seriously don't want to hear it, until a doctor or TV tells them so.

Re: Algin detoxing me? I feel classic symptoms of heavy metal detoxing. [Re: Sean] #42243
09/19/08 07:34 PM
09/19/08 07:34 PM
F
fuggles  Offline
Graduate Member
Originally Posted by Sean
okay

It is part of the Kelp plant from what I know. Russ sells it, just go to products up there on this page and look for Algin and it explains what it is.

Will I get the same benefits from just eating a teaspoon of kelp a day? Its a lot cheaper and a lot easier to get hold of in the UK.

Re: Algin detoxing me? I feel classic symptoms of heavy metal detoxing. [Re: fuggles] #42254
09/19/08 10:57 PM
09/19/08 10:57 PM
S
Sean  Offline OP
Elite Member
Originally Posted by Sean
okay

Will I get the same benefits from just eating a teaspoon of kelp a day? Its a lot cheaper and a lot easier to get hold of in the UK.
You will get great benefits if you take a teaspoon a day IMO, Kelp is full of minerals and as one guy posted Iodine can chelate or clear metals out of your body as well, plus the Selenium in the Kelp helps to detox metals. I would imagine you would get more benefits from Kelp being it's mineral content. Algin would probably trap more loose metals in your stomach and take them out, but Kelp alone can detox as well right? From what I know it is helpful as well because of the minerals at getting metals out of your body and so on. Remember Algin comes from the Kelp plant, so why not? Like you said you will save alot of money as well, Algin was too much for me at 17 or so a bottle plus shipping and then use it up in a short week and a half or so.

Re: Algin detoxing me? I feel classic symptoms of heavy metal detoxing. [Re: Sean] #42255
09/20/08 01:24 AM
09/20/08 01:24 AM
Bex  Offline
Master Elite Member
NZ ****
I think kelp would be good also. My father takes it and has no other source of iodine and does well. My country is very low on iodine and in fact, thyroid problems are on the increase. When i gave up iodised salt, i got very very ill and didn't know why. i was eating healthy rock salt, but it lacked the iodine i needed for health.

So i deteriorated badly. that's how crucial iodine is for normal functioning.

i would just make sure the kelp has been tested for impurities and heavy metals.

Re: Algin detoxing me? I feel classic symptoms of heavy metal detoxing. [Re: Bex] #43492
10/11/08 02:46 AM
10/11/08 02:46 AM
S
Sean  Offline OP
Elite Member
Originally Posted by Bex
I think kelp would be good also. My father takes it and has no other source of iodine and does well. My country is very low on iodine and in fact, thyroid problems are on the increase. When i gave up iodised salt, i got very very ill and didn't know why. i was eating healthy rock salt, but it lacked the iodine i needed for health.

So i deteriorated badly. that's how crucial iodine is for normal functioning.

i would just make sure the kelp has been tested for impurities and heavy metals.

The kind I take from the Kelp to Dulse is very tested www.seaveg.com, read on there about their tests and their quality!

Re: Algin detoxing me? I feel classic symptoms of heavy metal detoxing. [Re: Bex] #44589
11/03/08 03:41 PM
11/03/08 03:41 PM
Carla  Offline
Veteran Member
Canada
This is a most informative article. It makes one realize that at no point do scientists know EVERYTHING. Always there are new things to discover.

Animals feel pain & suffering just as we do, and they value their lives as much as we value ours.
Re: Algin detoxing me? I feel classic symptoms of heavy metal detoxing. [Re: Carla] #44628
11/04/08 12:49 AM
11/04/08 12:49 AM
S
Sean  Offline OP
Elite Member
Originally Posted by Carla
This is a most informative article. It makes one realize that at no point do scientists know EVERYTHING. Always there are new things to discover.
Yeah thats true there, they don't know everything like you said! I loved that article, I don't take the Kelp right now because of concerns of contamination (Even though the company said it was clean stuff, it just made my stomach really messed up) and bromide in the Kelp as well! It also may contain aluminum or arsenic in certain amounts, so I might try some good salt and Iodine tablets, that might be a key for me to try out. I will see if I get the same detox symptoms, if I do from the Iodine then I know it's just bromide Detox and I can go back with good Kelp in time.

BTW as for the Selenium in those articles as well, I would seriously look at that before any chelator first like ALA and other things, alot safer IMO and turns Mercury basically off in your body, I have to look into a good selenium supplement as well.

Last edited by Sean; 11/04/08 12:50 AM.

Re: Algin detoxing me? I feel classic symptoms of heavy metal detoxing. [Re: Sean] #44673
11/04/08 11:52 AM
11/04/08 11:52 AM
B
Birdlady  Offline
Veteran Member
PA ***
Sean I am interested to see how you do on the iodine. Like you said, that way you know whether or not it was some sort of toxin in the kelp.

My husband started taking higher doses iodine the other day. Much more aggressive than what I did. He found a website that said it can help with yeast problems, so he is giving it a try.

~Muse
Re: Algin detoxing me? I feel classic symptoms of heavy metal detoxing. [Re: Birdlady] #44682
11/04/08 05:18 PM
11/04/08 05:18 PM
B
Birdlady  Offline
Veteran Member
PA ***
Sean you should check this link out. This is what I used as my guide for iodine supplementation.
Iodine Supplementation Increases Urinary Excretion of Bromide and Fluoride

Be sure to read the 2nd page which shows the level of bromide that was being excreted when taking 3 Iodoral tabs. You'll be shocked.

~Muse