News you won't see in controlled mainstream media.

Circle-of-Life Forums - Welcome
Open-Source News, Natural Health, Recipes, Freedom, Preparedness, Computers, Technology, Movies, Reviews, History, Wisdom, Truth
See All Social Media We Are On | Trouble viewing videos? Use FireFox instead of Chrome.
Mercury Detox & Amalgam Fillings Forum

The Mercury Detox & Amalgam Fillings Forum

Detoxing Heavy Metals, Removing Amalgam Fillings, Understanding Mercury Poisoning

Our Most Popular Videos, Audio Clips, and Articles

Text
Text

views

Secret News
News you won't hear in controlled mainstream media.
Video Document
Video

views

CFL Bulbs: Are They Safe?
An experiment exposing the serious danger of compact fluorescent bulbs.
Video Document
Video

views

Mercury From Canned Fish Contaminating Your Kitchen
Open a can of fish and you begin breathing mercury vapor.
Website
Website

(remote)

views

Spraying the Skies with Toxic Metals
Have you heard about the epic crime of human history?
Video
Video

views

The Global Depopulation Agenda Documented
A MUST-SEE lecture for every parent!
Video
Video

views

What In the World are They Spraying?
Vaccination via the air for everyone, every day!
Video
Video

views

The
A 2-minute explanation of the global warming lie.
Video
Video

views

Global Warming: The Other Side
The Weather Channel founder exposes the GW lie.
Video
Video

views

Know Your Enemy
A revolutionary look at Earth history.
Video
Video

views

Mystery Babylon
The grandmother of all conspiracies.
Video
Video

views

The Power Behind the New World Order
An essential video for all wishing to understand.
Video
Video

views

Global Warming: Is CO2 the Cause
Dr. Robert Carter tells the truth about global warming.
Video
Video

views

All Jesse Ventura Conspiracy Theory Episodes In One Place
Easily find the episodes you want to watch.
Text
Text

views

New Study Steers Mercury Blame Away From Vaccines Toward Environment: But Where's It Coming From?
New study steers mercury blame away from vaccines.
Text
Text

views

Revelation 18:23 What does "sorcery" really mean?
Text
Text

views

The Leading Cause of Death Globally - Likely Has Been for Decades
Modern medicine leading cause of death globally?
Video
Video

views

Lies In the Textbooks - Full Version
Blatant, intentional lies in American textbooks.
Text
Text

views

Stop Chemical and Biological Testing on U.S. Citizens
Testing on U.S. Citizens is perfectly legal today.
Text
Text

views

Do Vaccines Cause Cancer? Cancerous Cell Lines Used in the Development of Vaccines
DOCUMENTED! Cancerous cell lines used in vaccines!
Video
Video

views

Italian Doctor - Dr. Tullio Simoncini - Reportedly Curing 90% of Cancer Cases
Italian Doctor makes history & gets license revoked.
Video
Video

views

Apollyon Rising 2012 - The Final Mystery Of The Great Seal Revealed: A Terrifying And Prophetic Cipher, Hidden From The World By The U.S. Government For Over 200 Years Is Here
The Final Mystery Of the Great Seal of the U.S. Revealed
Video
Video

views

Invisible Empire - New Epic Video about the New World Order
Epic Video about the New World Order.
Video
Video

views

The Lie of the Serpent: Dr. Walter Veith Examines the New Age Movement's Relationship to the New World Order
The New Age Movement & The New World Order
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Whitewater, drug smuggling, and the bloodiest campaign trail in history
Text Document
Text

views

Secret News
Professional actors in politics and media
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The biggest conspiracy of all: Keeping it all in the family
Text Document
Text

views

Secret News
Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP): The language of politics
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Congressman Sherman tells it like it is; Is anyone listening?
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The only way to ensure privacy is to remove your cell phone battery
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Rep Kapture reveals epic crimes that remain unpunished
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The reason so many are sterile, sick and dying today
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Former U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney Says "No Evidence" for Bin Laden Involvement in 9-11
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The highest elected U.S. officials make sure they are exempt from justice.
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The murder of JFK cleared the way for the communist globalist agenda
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The world's largest military contractors exposed in "Iraq For Sale"
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
A paradigm-changing video that everyone must see.
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
This is a chilling video that exposes the use-or misuse-of the word "force" in HR1955
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
A Hollywood producer told about 9/11 before it happened
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
How many other news stories have been faked that we don't know about?
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Texas legislators on both sides of the iasle voting for each other
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper and Australian Prime Minister John Howard give the same speech
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Why are are few (not all) police working to promote hate and violence?
Text Document
Text

views

Secret News
New grassroots movement protects U.S. citizens against unlawful police action
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Russ), 1,966 guests, and 26 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Left Sidebar Ad
Popular Topics(Views)
339,415 DOES GOD EXIST?
254,253 Please HELP!!!
162,201 Open Conspiracy
106,716 History rules
99,119 Symmetry
87,890 oil pulling
Support Our Forum
Herbs/Nutrition
Only The Best HerbsOnly The Best Herbs!
Your best source of world-class herbal information! More...
Mercury Detox
Amalgam Illness: Diagnosis and Treatment by Dr. Andrew Cutler#1 Book We've Found!
"Silver" fillings, mercury detox, & much more. More...
Algin
AlginFor Mercury Detox
Prevent mercury reabsorption in the colon during detox. More...
Mercury Poisoning
DMSA, 25mg.Softcover & Kindle
Excellent resource for mercury detox. More...
DMSA 100mg
EDTA 500mg
DMSA, 25mg.For Mercury Chelation
For calcium chelation and heart health. More...
Vaccine Safety?
Vaccines: The Risks, The Benefits, The Choices by Dr. Sherri TenpennyMust for Every Parent
The most complete vaccine info on the planet. More...
Stop Candida!
Candida ClearFinally.
Relief! More...
Saying NO To Vaccines
Saying No To Vaccines by Dr. Sherri TenpennyDr. Sherri Tenpenny
Get the info you need to protect yourself. More...
Nano-Silver
Amalgam Illness: Diagnosis and Treatment by Dr. Andrew CutlerWhat everyone's talking about!
Safe, powerful, timely! More...
World's Best Vitamin E
Vitamin E wih SeleniumThere is a difference!
A powerful brain antioxidant for use during Hg detox. More...
It's All In Your Head
It's All In Your Head by Dr. Hal HugginsThis changed my life!
This book convinced me remove my fillings. More...
World's Best Multi
Super Supplemental - Full-Spectrum Multivitamin/Mineral/Herbal SupplementThis is what we use!
The only multi where you feel the difference. More...
Understand Hair Tests
Hair Test Interpretation: Finding Hidden Toxicities by Dr. Andrew CutlerHair Tests Explained!
Discover hidden toxicities, easily. More...
GABA
GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid)Have Racing Thoughts?
Many use GABA for anxiety and better sleep. More...
Pet Health Charts
Pet Health Charts for Dogs, Cats, Horses, and BirdsHelp Them!
Natural health for pets. More...
The Companion Bible (Hardcover)
The Companion BibleThe Bible We Use!
King James with study notes by Bullinger. More...
The Companion Bible (Softcover)
The Companion BibleThe Bible We Use!
King James with study notes by Bullinger. More...
Sweet Remedy
Sweet RemedyFood Additives
Protect your family from toxic food! More...
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
What are peoples opinion of this product - HMD, heavy metal detox #42755
09/28/08 12:00 PM
09/28/08 12:00 PM
F
fuggles  Offline OP
Graduate Member
http://www.heavymetaldetox.net/

Is that any good ?

It just looks like a solution of chlorella and cilantro .

Share your opinions. Does it work ?

Re: What are peoples opinion of this product - HMD, heavy metal detox [Re: fuggles] #42950
10/02/08 02:06 PM
10/02/08 02:06 PM
StuartUK  Offline
Graduate Member
I've tried this product which was taking away from me as i was returning to the UK from a holiday! I have to admit it made a difference. I've tried a lot of chelating agents like ALA and DMSA and i could really tolerate HMD(i couldnt the others). It makes you feel slightly drunk and it does mobilise a lot of metals. I would recommend you take Algin with it. To answer your question though it does work. It may not be the whole answer but it certainly helped me somewhat. I just now have to buy another bottle(it aint cheap either)

Re: What are peoples opinion of this product - HMD, heavy metal detox [Re: StuartUK] #42963
10/02/08 05:28 PM
10/02/08 05:28 PM
M
Moody  Offline
Freshman Member
Stuart,

Can you get Algin In the uk?

Thanks
Sue

Re: What are peoples opinion of this product - HMD, heavy metal detox [Re: StuartUK] #43268
10/07/08 11:17 AM
10/07/08 11:17 AM
F
fuggles  Offline OP
Graduate Member
Originally Posted by StuartUK
I've tried this product which was taking away from me as i was returning to the UK from a holiday! I have to admit it made a difference. I've tried a lot of chelating agents like ALA and DMSA and i could really tolerate HMD(i couldnt the others). It makes you feel slightly drunk and it does mobilise a lot of metals. I would recommend you take Algin with it. To answer your question though it does work. It may not be the whole answer but it certainly helped me somewhat. I just now have to buy another bottle(it aint cheap either)

thank you

I actually thought it was one of the cheaper products in the heavy metal detox market.

Re: What are peoples opinion of this product - HMD, heavy metal detox [Re: fuggles] #45402
11/20/08 06:47 PM
11/20/08 06:47 PM
Russ  Online Content

Master Elite Member
Maine, USA ****
We are happy to send Algin to the UK. Just call Laura at 1-800-358-4278, or email her at laura (at) herballure.com

The Captian
Today they call you "crazy". Tomorrow they call you "ahead of your time."
Global Skywatch Learn about Chemtrails - You're breathing them now!
OnlyTheBestHerbs.com World-class supplements
Mercury Talk Why you are sick.
OneUp Domains Domains, Hosting, Email
1-800-358-4278 (U.S. & Canada)
Re: What are peoples opinion of this product - HMD, heavy metal detox [Re: Russ] #45423
11/21/08 11:10 AM
11/21/08 11:10 AM
Sunshine P  Offline
Master Elite Member
London, UK *****
HMD will screw you up.
Chlorella and cilantro do not do what you think it will do.
You may detox some mercury from your body, but you will redistribute mercury INTO your brain and you will get much much worse even thought your total body levels of mercury MAY be less.
Algin is pointless. Its like pissing in the wind.
I consider myself very fortunate to have never taken HMD.
Doing nothing is better than taking that crap.

http://home.earthlink.net/~moriam/Chelation_products.html#chlorella

This Cutler Interview is quiet good, you can listen to it here.

http://www.labinterpretation.com/co...ion-protocols-mark-schauss-andrew-cutler

or you can read it here

http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/4L4mSY...r%20and%20Mark%20Schauss%20Interview.pdf

I find it amazing that no one on this forum said chlorella & Cilantro is harmful. it is common knowledge that this stuff hurts. This forum is going to the dogs when no one says this stuff is dangerous.

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third it is accepted as being self-evident."

Sunshine
Re: What are peoples opinion of this product - HMD, heavy metal detox [Re: Sunshine P] #45425
11/21/08 12:12 PM
11/21/08 12:12 PM
G
gdawson6  Offline
Advanced Master Member
I agree with most of what you said Sunshine but algin could be useful if taken with meals that would contain methylmercury. Methylmercury can be absorbed in the digestive track, but algin should bind to it. But the stored mercury that is excreted in bile is inorganic mercury and unless you have leaky gut it shouldn't get absorbed in your digestive track either way.

I was always personally concerned with Algin's affinity for zinc and other minerals. Never noticed a benefit from taking it either so I didn't bother continuing, but apparently many people feel a difference. At least its not going to redistribute metals like other supplements.

If anybody can't handle chelating with frequent low doses of ALA/DMSA then I would recommend trying lower doses or using a sauna.

Re: What are peoples opinion of this product - HMD, heavy metal detox [Re: Sunshine P] #45443
11/22/08 04:22 AM
11/22/08 04:22 AM
I
imgeha  Offline
Veteran Member
Outspoken Sunshine, but true. Once you have got your head around the pharmakinetics of the ALA / DMSA schedule, you realise that any other so-called chelation protocol is dangerous. Less toxic people may get away with it, but for those who are seriously poisoned, Cutler is the only way.

Nicola

Re: What are peoples opinion of this product - HMD, heavy metal detox [Re: imgeha] #45446
11/22/08 07:45 AM
11/22/08 07:45 AM
dawn  Offline
Master Elite Member
UK, London, Heathrow ****
i took HMD 2 yrs ago and it made me suicidal, big time, the symptoms were unbelievable. I couldnt recommend it!
I take ALA on its own, 40mg every 3 hrs, considering my capsules are 250mg each, that is a pretty low dose, i dont like taking chances.
I trust the cutler protocol 100%
Dawn.

Re: What are peoples opinion of this product - HMD, heavy metal detox [Re: dawn] #45473
11/23/08 04:45 PM
11/23/08 04:45 PM
Sunshine P  Offline
Master Elite Member
London, UK *****
Hi Gary
Hi Nicola
Hi Dawn

Hi everyone

Hope u are all doing fine;-) Good to hear from you all.

I took algin in ignorance for about 8 years....yes for sure it eased my immediate digestive symptoms...but it did nothing to cure me, did nothing to stop my digestive troubles. I see Algin as a bandaid stuck over a broken leg....i.e. its pointless. It also masks the problems so you think you have solved the problem...when in fact all algin does is delude you into thinking you got better. if you stop taking algin you get the same old problems back, but worse.

And thanks for the backup on Chlorella and cilantro.

Yeah, I'm a Cutler man too. I been doing lots of cleanses recently and now i feel the need to focus on chelation. ALA agrees with me and i need to get a load of ALA rounds under my belt.

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third it is accepted as being self-evident."

Sunshine
Re: What are peoples opinion of this product - HMD, heavy metal detox [Re: Sunshine P] #45475
11/23/08 05:01 PM
11/23/08 05:01 PM
Bex  Offline
Master Elite Member
NZ ****
Hi Sunshine,

Yes, chlorella was a painful experience for me when I used it once during post amalgam detox period. I should really be stronger with my comments on it Sunshine. I think because some do well (e.g. even Cutler says some do well on high sulfur), is where I hesitate to condemn it under all circumstances. However, I think it's unnecessary to do chlorella regardless.

I remember taking it and winding up on the floor between the bed and the wall screaming. This was a typical and bizzare response to products or wrong methods of chelation in me. Sometimes I'd be up all night in torment. So yes, that should tell people that these things can move mercury into worse and more sensitive areas (all over the place).

Cilantro did nothing for me accept again, move mercury everywhere. I did not notice any improvements with it whatsoever. Though apparently some do, I'd not take the risk. Though I think Andy said some may use it IF they have chelated their body load of mercury and it's their only option if ALA proves a problem. But he does not recommend as he is not certain enough how it works to sort out a safe protocol. The risks are really up to the person.

Definitely out of everything I tried - nothing came close to Cutler's protocol, which got the mercury OUT of me, and out of me in a much safer manner. It also kept symptoms more tolerable and sane, rather than out of control and completely tormenting (how many times was I nearly taken to a psych unit after trying to detox my mercury outside of Cutler's protocol....alot).

All I can say is. This is a tried, tested and logical protocol that has been proven many times in it's effectiveness and safety for many people. I guess what I"m saying is, why do it any other way, when you have this to use? Why take unnecessary risks with such a potent neurotoxin like mercury? Mobilising mercury all over the place is not wise due to the damage it can do. The body does it's best to store it as safely as it can and we disrupt this by using wrong products or products the wrong way by erratic and wild movement. I've experienced that MANY times and I still wonder if damage was done by it....possible.

There are of course some people who have and do take the products Andy warns against and for some reason, do well. However, how many victims has Andy had to deal with that have NOT done well and he has to try and fix? If he can do so. Correcting the results of a wild mobilisation of mercury is not easy. Been there. Cutler's helped me out many times and saved my bacon from some terrible reactions.

another one that happened was a product given to me. Just nutrients to help with detox....hmmmmm. Well, ignorant I was. I barely checked the ingredients and didn't realise that it contained some ALA and other chelating agents. I wondered why I had the same horrific bizzare reaction, until I read the ingredients and figured out that it was because the stuff in it was moving/mobilising mercury. Because ALA was not being used according to Cutler's protocol, it was erratic and risky movement of mercury. And no doubt some would have gone into the brain.

I was then put on NDF (which is a chlorella in nanonised form and cilantro). This also produced a massive "healing crisis", but so bad, that I was bedridden.

Don't get me wrong, healing symptoms are not bad. But it's where they can become out of control and intolerable that things are not right. And that appears to be much reduced with Cutler's protocol, which is a testament to how well thought out it is, logical it is and safe it is (with many anyway).

Re: What are peoples opinion of this product - HMD, heavy metal detox [Re: Sunshine P] #45477
11/23/08 06:00 PM
11/23/08 06:00 PM
G
gdawson6  Offline
Advanced Master Member
Wow...8 years on algin...that is quite a long time Sunshine.

I personally don't have a reaction to chlorella...tried it many times before and after amalgam removal and it did little more than make my poop green. Sadly some get horrendous reactions and that makes it not worth messing with in my opinion.

I said this in another thread but I wish I would have stopped avoiding chelating properly via the cutler protocol and started a long time ago...but regardless I am very glad that I started and I fully agree that its the only safe way to chelate mercury.

ALA agrees with my as well...I tried adding some DMSA to my last two rounds and it didn't feel right so I'm going to do some more ALA only. I'm on my 8th round and I'm going to attempt to extend it for up to 7 days if I can...as from what I read longer rounds are even safer and more effective if you tolerate them well.

Re: What are peoples opinion of this product - HMD, heavy metal detox [Re: gdawson6] #45498
11/24/08 09:52 AM
11/24/08 09:52 AM
Sunshine P  Offline
Master Elite Member
London, UK *****
HI Bex, good to speak with you. Opps...i forgot something. thanks for reminding me. sorry i was late.

Anyway....

yes....your reaction to chlorella is typical to many many people and i believe these reactions should be told to people learning & investigating these things for the first time. If someone disagrees, then fine.. let them disagree, but people should be told that some people get rogered taking this stuff.

Algin is the main ingredient in "Gaviscon", an OTC ant-acid medication that i took long term. Good short term effects, zero long term effects.

ALA is amazing, powerful but amazing. After i finished my 4th Humaworm round i will do a load more ALA rounds. I'm hungry to get the benefits.

Sunshine
Re: What are peoples opinion of this product - HMD, heavy metal detox [Re: Sunshine P] #45505
11/24/08 12:37 PM
11/24/08 12:37 PM
jammes  Offline
Graduate Member
I have to agree with sunshine. Algin is ONLY useful if you have methylmercury poisoning.
There is no re-absorption of inorganic mercury. Even if you have leaky gut.

Zeolite, Citrus Pectin, Algin, Chlorella, Clay cannot detox your tissues or anything else.

In theory chlorella could even cause redistribution to the brain because it is a high sulfur food.

In my opinion people should stick to the real chelators and use them carefully in low doses like cutler recommends. This is proven and works. The other stuff is overpriced junk and based on very poor science.

The 'natural' detox products like cilantro, NDF, chlorella, MSM, Whey Protein and all the other sulfur stuff are dangerous and can cause long-term or even permanent damage.

Jammes Recommends: Try Cutler Chelation.

if you are hg toxic try DMSA. If that doesn't do it try ALA. If that still doesn't do it you are not toxic or there is a hidden source of exposure.

moderate poisoning: 50 Rounds ALA
severe poisoning: 80-150 Rounds ALA
Re: What are peoples opinion of this product - HMD, heavy metal detox [Re: Sunshine P] #45507
11/24/08 01:17 PM
11/24/08 01:17 PM
StuartUK  Offline
Graduate Member
This is a fascinating thread because i simply cannot tolerate ALA. My head feels like its being crushed when i take it. I have yet to try DMSA and will order some. I have tried HMD and it works but the dose they recommend are insane. 50 drops a day is extremely dangerous and i would not recommend it. I take 5 drops a day and it does mobilise mercury as i feel my aches and pains go away when i take it along with my muscles which loosen up too and don't feel so tight. I do think another product is needed to attach itself to the mobilised mercury to escort it out of the body. I have tried chlorella and it messed me up at first but my body got used it. I have yet tried Algin but would love to.

I wish i had sucess on ALA but my body simply couldn't take it and i've been trying for a while without sucess. I cant even get past a day chelating on 4mgs and Cutler mentions that no detox is worth a lot of discomfort. I hold out hope for DMSA and hope its what my body needs to get rid of the rest of the mercury. I believe most of my mercury is in my bones.

Love and Light
Stuart

Last edited by StuartUK; 11/24/08 01:18 PM.
Re: What are peoples opinion of this product - HMD, heavy metal detox [Re: StuartUK] #45508
11/24/08 01:47 PM
11/24/08 01:47 PM
jinx1983  Offline
Elite Member
Stuart have u had other issues adressed like the gut? I noticed that the worse my gut/yeats issues are the worse my head feels after ala. same goes for liver.

Re: What are peoples opinion of this product - HMD, heavy metal detox [Re: StuartUK] #45509
11/24/08 01:50 PM
11/24/08 01:50 PM
jammes  Offline
Graduate Member
Do think another product is needed to attach itself to the mobilised mercury to escort it out of the body. I have tried chlorella and it messed me up at first but my body got used it. I have yet tried Algin but would love to.

Yes that is the problem. Cilantro is a dangerous mobiliser but you have nothing that helps you with excretion.

Algin and Chlorella cannot 'escort' mercury out of the body. Algin doesn't enter the bloodstream and the chlorella is just a high sulfur food.

You don't know what you are doing. This stuff is risky.

if you are hg toxic try DMSA. If that doesn't do it try ALA. If that still doesn't do it you are not toxic or there is a hidden source of exposure.

Re: What are peoples opinion of this product - HMD, heavy metal detox [Re: jinx1983] #45510
11/24/08 02:05 PM
11/24/08 02:05 PM
StuartUK  Offline
Graduate Member
Yes i have major gut issues and have been treating it for a couple of years. I had loads of parasites(which i got rid of)and im currently on yeast restriction diet ALA seriously messes up my gut and yes my liver is not in the best condition either. Seems like i got similar issues to you! ALA is a no no for me. HMD is the reason im sitting at the PC right now on here, theres obviously something in there that works for me. ALA turns me into a zombie.

Last edited by StuartUK; 11/24/08 02:09 PM.
Re: What are peoples opinion of this product - HMD, heavy metal detox [Re: StuartUK] #45511
11/24/08 02:08 PM
11/24/08 02:08 PM
B
Birdlady  Offline
Veteran Member
PA ***
Originally Posted by StuartUK
This is a fascinating thread because i simply cannot tolerate ALA. My head feels like its being crushed when i take it. I have yet to try DMSA and will order some. I have tried HMD and it works but the dose they recommend are insane. 50 drops a day is extremely dangerous and i would not recommend it. I take 5 drops a day and it does mobilise mercury as i feel my aches and pains go away when i take it along with my muscles which loosen up too and don't feel so tight. I do think another product is needed to attach itself to the mobilised mercury to escort it out of the body. I have tried chlorella and it messed me up at first but my body got used it. I have yet tried Algin but would love to.

I wish i had sucess on ALA but my body simply couldn't take it and i've been trying for a while without sucess. I cant even get past a day chelating on 4mgs and Cutler mentions that no detox is worth a lot of discomfort. I hold out hope for DMSA and hope its what my body needs to get rid of the rest of the mercury. I believe most of my mercury is in my bones.

Love and Light
Stuart

I agree with Jammes, you don't understand how mercury detox works. You do not need anything to "bind" or "attach" itself to the mercury. That is the job of ALA and DMSA because they have 2 thiol groups, so they can get the job done. The other things are not true chelators. I was fooled into thinking chlorella bound to mercury at one point. Now I know that the doctors who recommend that are trash.

If you are having that severe of a reaction to ALA, then you have too much body mercury still. If you take ALA with a lot of body mercury you'll actually pull mercury back INTO the brain. ALA is used for brain mercury, so that tells me your brain is full of mercury too. Not just your bones as you think. I'd start with 5-10mg of DMSA and see how that goes. Make sure you are taking supplements. If you aren't taking any essential vitamin supplements, then that could be your problem too.

I would never recommend someone to go straight into ALA. Even if it was a cost issue. It isn't worth the risk. Most people even after months or years post amalgam removal have body mercury. I don't think our bodies are very good at getting rid of it on their own.

When conspiracies unwind, will you slam shut or free your mind or stay hypnotized.

~Muse
Re: What are peoples opinion of this product - HMD, heavy metal detox [Re: Birdlady] #45512
11/24/08 02:17 PM
11/24/08 02:17 PM
StuartUK  Offline
Graduate Member
I think you're right Birdlady i have lots of mercury in my body and will use DMSA when it arrives. It explains the lack of success i've had with ALA and the fact that something like HMD is working better for me. Cost is a real issue though i wont be able to get any for a while.

Re: What are peoples opinion of this product - HMD, heavy metal detox [Re: StuartUK] #45513
11/24/08 02:24 PM
11/24/08 02:24 PM
B
Birdlady  Offline
Veteran Member
PA ***
If you are looking for some cheap DMSA, then I recommend this site.
http://www.vrp.com/ProductPage.aspx?ProdID=8112

You'll have to break the caps open, which is really annoying, but I found this stuff was MUCH cheaper than getting it compounded. There are other sites that sell this brand of DMSA in the 25mg, so you might be able to find a website cheaper.

You also have the option of ordering from this website. They will make DMSA in any dose you want at a very reasonable price.
http://livingnetwork.co.za/zencart/...p;zenid=5aa9523f7a7d322b7ecd9754596c4ad7

When I start into DMSA and ALA I'll be ordering from that company instead.

When conspiracies unwind, will you slam shut or free your mind or stay hypnotized.

~Muse
Re: What are peoples opinion of this product - HMD, heavy metal detox [Re: Sunshine P] #45515
11/24/08 03:09 PM
11/24/08 03:09 PM
Bex  Offline
Master Elite Member
NZ ****
HI Bex, good to speak with you. Opps...i forgot something. thanks for reminding me. sorry i was late.

Anyway....

wink what dose are you on?

yes....your reaction to chlorella is typical to many many people and i believe these reactions should be told to people learning & investigating these things for the first time. If someone disagrees, then fine.. let them disagree, but people should be told that some people get rogered taking this stuff.

True, I've been lax in doing that for sometime. I think I offended somebody for speaking out about it awhile back and they told me what they thought. So I didn't want to go and bash chlorella so badly if some felt it was helping them. However, the risks for some are bad enough as to cause BIG problems. Let me also mention how the times I took it, I had various reactions. Sometimes I felt pretty good, but other times it was horrific. Once, after taking it, I took months to recover. It had mobilised so much mercury everywhere, that I was dreadfully sick for ages following. I thankfully recovered from that reaction. Had I used Cutler's protocol? I could have avoided taking risks, plus I could have possibly cured that reaction much earlier and much more efficiently. Sometimes you can correct a bad reaction by using DMSA every 4 hours around the clock. It's worked for me before.

Someone else I heard about used it in the form of NDF. All was going ok at first, but then everything hit her and she remained sick apparently for over a year or more following. Though one must not forget that there does come a time of mercury dumping, which the NDF may have triggered. However, the Cutler protocol I think would have helped her.

Healing crisis are ok, but they should not be totally intolerable, nor should the reaction continue LONG afterwards. That indicates massive redistribution of metals.

Algin is the main ingredient in "Gaviscon", an OTC ant-acid medication that i took long term. Good short term effects, zero long term effects.

True, it's not a long term cure. But in some cases for some it maybe an emergency bandaid solution (I think that term you used was pretty apt). Perhaps it "may" mop up some already accessible mercury in some external areas, but it does not chelate mercury overall and should not be relied upon to do so. I think one would be wise getting on with true chelation and being away of their symptoms as an indicator of what is happening. Algin "may" interfere with that.

ALA is amazing, powerful but amazing. After i finished my 4th Humaworm round i will do a load more ALA rounds. I'm hungry to get the benefits

That's great that you notice benefits from it. Yes it can be very powerful. I took it once, too much when I had mercury I think that should have been chelated with DMSA and the response was extreme. So for sure, DMSA is a necessary start off, or at least a necessary clean up agent when one has been re-exposed to mercury. I was and didn't consider that. I had used antifungals and killed too much yeast at once, splitting them open and releasing their contents, which sadly included metals.

Instead of using DMSA and sticking with it until I had cleared this up. I had a go with ALA and the response was a shocker. I didn't do that again wink I went straight onto DMSA and thankfully I improved.

So one has to be careful with it. But it is powerful and obviously necessary to clear brain mercury. Pity about the yeast liking it.

Re: What are peoples opinion of this product - HMD, heavy metal detox [Re: Bex] #45517
11/24/08 05:58 PM
11/24/08 05:58 PM
B
Birdlady  Offline
Veteran Member
PA ***
I think the vicious cycle a lot of people on this forum get into is trying to find a time in their life when everything is perfect, stress free, no yeast, too soon before the holidays, birthdays, blah blah blah etc. That time will never happen. If you wait for that time, you will die never having detoxed for mercury. Yes you have to wake up in the middle of night. It is an inconvenience? Yes, but this is the fix to your problems. It is like complaining that your foot hurts, but when someone suggests going to the doctor your excuse for not going is because it's hard to get around with the sore foot. It is totally crazy thinking. My mother in-law does this circle thinking and it drives me absolutely crazy.

I want this stuff out of me ASAP. I am sick of being a 24 year old that feels like 90 even if it means I go without sound sleep a few days out of each week. In the end when it is all done, I can sleep as much as I want and be healthy. Isn't that what we are all want here?

Using something like algin as a crutch or band aid is making you THINK you are getting better by masking the mercury problem. To me a short term band aid is what I do each day. I would never consider taking a "band aid" for weeks and weeks on end just so I can live my life. I took algin and it soaks up zinc. That was the first time in my life, I noticed white specks on my nails. I believe I may also be copper toxic, so taking something that absorbs the counter will be very detrimental. Most of us are probably zinc deficient. For the first time yesterday I could take zinc without throwing up. It was very exciting to me and I think it just shows that the detox, consistent popping of pills is proving to be successful.

I know some of the things I said in here are pretty harsh, but a lot of you are in this weird funk or rut. Snap out of it and start detoxing tomorrow. You can no longer use these weird tricks to band aid your mercury toxicity. It isn't working at all for you because a lot of you suffer EVERY SINGLE DAY. The more you do this the longer you suffer and more likely that you'll just never get around to detoxing.

If it's been years post amalgam removal truly ask yourself why you haven't detoxed yet? I understand if you just recently found out about Dr. Cutler. That is different, but some of you have been here for years. I started detoxing 4 days after removal and don't regret it whatsoever. I'm going to take a few days away from these boards to let things settle. I am very frustrated that some of you won't take the necessary steps to get better.

~Muse
Re: What are peoples opinion of this product - HMD, heavy metal detox [Re: Birdlady] #45519
11/24/08 06:11 PM
11/24/08 06:11 PM
Bex  Offline
Master Elite Member
NZ ****
Hi Birdlady,

Not everybody has a problem that is attributed entirely to mercury. I did chelation after my amalgam removal many many years ago now. I was healing from mercury over time, but it took ages to get the poison out. I did not finish with ALA, I have tried it a few times however.

My reason is, I was still getting detox symptoms with DMSA at that time and didn't want to start ALA until detox symptoms subsided with DMSA. However, before that happened, I got a serious bacterial/viral infection and further dental work (replacement of an ageing composite and wisdom tooth removal), which I believe may have caused a hidden infection. No matter what I did from that moment on, I was unable to bring on any improvements/healing symptoms as I had previously.

So it's not me being in a rut, or not doing anything for myself. You'd be surprised at the efforts i have made over the years. I am not going to go through each and every senario of what I have done. I have tried plenty of things over the years. It is often unexplained hidden impacts on immunity that maybe hindering the body's ability to continue healing from mercury or dealing with it. I can chelate till I'm blue in the face with DMSA, nothing happens.

I tried ALA and nothing happened. The only thing was an increase in yeast. Some tell me this is a sign I need to continue. Maybe, but it's made me wary. I tried it a few times and on very high doses with NO metal detox symptoms. NONE. Only worse yeast. IF that is a symptom? THen yes I may have to start doing it again.

But I wouldn't assume that people here who have happened to been here for a few years aren't doing the right things, or haven't chelated. You only have to ask Jinx, Linda Lou, etc whether they have used chelation and ALA. How have they used it? Cutler style. Have they done the diet? YES. Detoxes have also come into it. Cleanses etc. There are plenty of things people have done. Just because some maybe improving and others are struggling, does not always indicate one party is pulling their finger out, whilst others are twiddling their thumbs.

Sorry, I'm not getting at you. But this has been brought up a few times now on here and I am standing up for those who struggle regardless of efforts, because I know how it feels. Before I had this occur? I was healing from mercury and perhaps I too could have taken the stance that those who are not getting better like I was, are probably not doing anything. Yet many times it may well be a completely wrong assumption.

I've seen some on here do little and still get well and leave. Others make marathon efforts and still struggle. One does not necessary go with the other. But there have and are people who do it right, get the amalgam out, chelate their mercury and move on. Good for them. NOt everybody has a road like that and it takes YEARS to remove mercury anyway. For many people, amalgam removal is only the start. Then they have to go on chelation to start pulling it out. NO wonder you might see people on here for a few years!

I'm another story. My issues are not all related to mercury anymore. Perhaps some might share the same problem.

Re: What are peoples opinion of this product - HMD, heavy metal detox [Re: Birdlady] #45521
11/24/08 06:27 PM
11/24/08 06:27 PM
Sunshine P  Offline
Master Elite Member
London, UK *****
For the record I did 21 rounds of dmsa only over 11 months before I even tried ALA. I was on 5mg DMSA every 2.5 hours in the day and 3 hours at night, 3 days on, 11 days off. Extending the length of the round by one day hurt like hell, never to be repeated. Increasing the dose to 6mg hurt even more. I was very apprehensive about even trying ALA.

I finally plucked up the courage to try ALA and the round was smoother, I had less side-effects on round and the results better than dmsa with color vision returning again. I am on 4mg ALA every 2.5 hours in the day and 3 hours at night, 3 days on, 11 days off. I did have slightly worse redistribution at the end of one round…but on another round I had zero redistribution…each round is different and ALA seems better than DMSA for me…which is lucky because ALA is the chelator that will make all the mercury go away….to quote Mr Cutler…..”It is the chelator of choice.”

Bex…..sorry…I forgot your birthday the other day! Its been in my dairy for ages….happy 21st birthday young lady!!!!

Birdlady….we see eye to eye on a lot of things. I started chelation 7 days after going amalgam free and I detox in some way every single day without exception. You said you think you are copper toxic too? Have you done a hair test yet? You can learn lots and lots of things about yourself in the hair test that Cutler recommends, including if you r copper toxic. I was copper toxic and getting copper out is easy. you find about about adrenals, thyroids, sugar problems...lots of things....hair tests are great.

Sunshine
Re: What are peoples opinion of this product - HMD, heavy metal detox [Re: Bex] #45523
11/24/08 07:31 PM
11/24/08 07:31 PM
L
Lynnmn  Offline
Master Elite Member
Hi Bex, ((( Smiles )))

No wonder you have so much spunk and energy..
You go girl!
I wish my kids would give me some of that too!
I read this and...

Bex…..sorry…I forgot your birthday the other day! Its been in my dairy for ages….happy 21st birthday young lady!!!!

I hope this quote comes out well haven't used it before.
Birthday surprise..
But this board is so much more of a better place because of you and your spunk..

This is a really neat interesting place to be..
Still have 8 fillings though I'm thinking about it.
It's just vibrational noises..
I was exposed to that lately a power washer on top of the roof takeing off moss and cleaning it up applying a seal..
If I got close enough I felt it actually inside my ears like
a vibrational massage but more like pain the closer I got and the duration of more then pleasure.
Just don't know how that would work for me though still thinking about it..
But I'm like cured of hyperacusis but still have some tinnitus.
So I'm hanging around and thinking about it.
A drill or a pressure washer??
Hummm.. I wonder how that works??
But haveing it chiped out..
Someone wrote about that before was it Sunshine??

Take Care
Lynn

Re: What are peoples opinion of this product - HMD, heavy metal detox [Re: Sunshine P] #45524
11/24/08 08:22 PM
11/24/08 08:22 PM
Bex  Offline
Master Elite Member
NZ ****

Hey thank you Sunshine! But thank you more for the 21 year old comment wink That was one of my birthday wishes actually! Oh wouldn't that be nice? In my dreams!!! cry I'm 36! Time flies eh?

Re: What are peoples opinion of this product - HMD, heavy metal detox [Re: Lynnmn] #45526
11/24/08 08:30 PM
11/24/08 08:30 PM
Bex  Offline
Master Elite Member
NZ ****
Hi Bex, ((( Smiles )))

No wonder you have so much spunk and energy..
You go girl!
I wish my kids would give me some of that too!
I read this and...

Thanks Lynn. I'm flattered! But I'm heading on up there and I'm seeing 40 getting closer and waving at me byebye

I hope this quote comes out well haven't used it before.
Birthday surprise..
But this board is so much more of a better place because of you and your spunk..

This is a really neat interesting place to be..
Still have 8 fillings though I'm thinking about it.
It's just vibrational noises..
I was exposed to that lately a power washer on top of the roof takeing off moss and cleaning it up applying a seal..
If I got close enough I felt it actually inside my ears like
a vibrational massage but more like pain the closer I got and the duration of more then pleasure.
Just don't know how that would work for me though still thinking about it..
But I'm like cured of hyperacusis but still have some tinnitus.
So I'm hanging around and thinking about it.
A drill or a pressure washer??
Hummm.. I wonder how that works??
But haveing it chiped out..
Someone wrote about that before was it Sunshine??

Thanks so much Lynn and the same to you! smile It's a great forum with great people. I wouldn't want to leave! Been here about 2 years now, maybe more. I can't quite believe it's gone this fast.....

You have the same amount of amalgams I had before I had them removed. If you do get them done, at least you know that you got a lot of good information here to help you make the right decisions along the way. A good biologic dentist with a good reputation is the way to go. I'd never rush into it though. I'd prepare myself physically for the removal itself, as it's further exposure to vapor and one has to be really careful.

The best chelation protocol is Andrew Cutlers' in my opinion and many others.

I hope that if you do decide to go through with it, that you will feel much better as a result. Sometimes you don't realise what the mercury can be doing until it's gone. I was only aware of the obvious stuff that made me miserable, but it's astounding what starts to come back. Sunshine improved his colour blindness! So that's pretty amazing. I've heard eye sight improving, dramatic weight loss with no change in diet etc etc. Just goes to show what such a toxin can do inside the body. Messes up everything. Brain being the control centre is of course, one of the worst. Usually causing hormonal imbalances/problems.

God bless Lynn!

Re: What are peoples opinion of this product - HMD, heavy metal detox [Re: Bex] #45529
11/24/08 10:16 PM
11/24/08 10:16 PM
G
gdawson6  Offline
Advanced Master Member
Bex, yeast when you take ALA would be a sign of mercury. The only reason ALA should increase yeast would be that it moves mercury through the bile...and anytime you have mercury in your digestive system it will kill good bacteria, but yeast seem to still be able to grow even in higher concentrations of mercury.

It is pretty odd that you don't get other symptoms, but I don't see any other reason that ALA would cause yeast problems besides if you were actually moving mercury. We all have our unique reactions and they do change with time.

Something that I think is interesting about my reactions are I can get horrendous mental and physical symptoms from mercury...though rarely anymore...but even when I would feel horrible, grumpy, extremely irritable, sore, tense I haven't got sick or came down with anything for the past 4 years. There was even a point 2 years ago where I literally slept a few hours in 5 days but apparently my immune system has always been strong and resilient. I guess part of this would be the fact that I absolutely refuse to eat any low quality food...whether it be refined food or just conventional produce. I do eat light portions of certain foods on the holidays though...but never deserts.

Re: What are peoples opinion of this product - HMD, heavy metal detox [Re: gdawson6] #45532
11/25/08 02:45 AM
11/25/08 02:45 AM
Bex  Offline
Master Elite Member
NZ ****
Hi Gdawson,

As far as I know, alpha lipoic acid can feed yeast directly. I don't know if it's all related to mercury causing the yeast flare ups from chelating it. Possible yes, that can happen also, but this is not what I'm sensing....I could be mistaken. I know Andy has mentioned ALA being more problematic with yeast. But hey, it might well be from what you stated.

I know when metal is being moved/removed and I get no such sensation even on such massive doses, which is not really expected if one has any significant mercury (brain or otherwise). It is unpleasant to only get a worse yeast situation at the end of it. For my efforts, that's all I get.

I can try again of course, but I am wary.

My diet is excellent and has been for a long time. Years worth of mainly eating good foods. I've had to. Though I've had to get much more strict in the past 4 years, due to increased problems and worse yeast.

I don't know if not getting a cold/flue is a sign of much. I remember hardly getting either, even in the midst of me being extremely ill. Yet I got more of them as a kid, when I was stronger/healthier and more energetic. Go figure! I've heard similar from those immune compromised/challenged and I'm not sure what the connection is (if any).

Re: What are peoples opinion of this product - HMD, heavy metal detox [Re: Bex] #45533
11/25/08 03:09 AM
11/25/08 03:09 AM
L
Lynnmn  Offline
Master Elite Member
Hi Bex, ((( Smiles )))

Don't worry about it..
It's already passed me up waved on by..
Sunshine improved his eyes hummm..
I'm hopeing right now that chelation therapy and supplementation will improve alot more for my children.
One did pretty good as she's been on the honor roll 5 times.
4.00 last one..
The other one is alot more of a challenge..
The changes haven't been as much.
But we will continue on..
I want my fillings out but my husband just broke a crown..
There not as strong I guess as metal or real teeth.
Expecially it depends on how much tooth is there.
To put this metal stuff in..
They really took out alot of tooth.
It's a mess..
And crowns can break too..
I'd rather grow a new tooth not likely though..
I have heard of some people on the H board that had teeth just pulled out because of the noise of drilling..
I won't do that though..
I like haveing back teeth.
Alot..

You Take Care
Lynn

Re: What are peoples opinion of this product - HMD, heavy metal detox [Re: Bex] #45534
11/25/08 09:03 AM
11/25/08 09:03 AM
jammes  Offline
Graduate Member
Originally Posted by Bex

As far as I know, alpha lipoic acid can feed yeast directly.

Who said this? Never heard this before.

The yeast is caused by movement of heavy mentals(indirectly) because mobilisation of mercury weakens the immune system.

Re: What are peoples opinion of this product - HMD, heavy metal detox [Re: Bex] #45538
11/25/08 12:02 PM
11/25/08 12:02 PM
StuartUK  Offline
Graduate Member
I believe ALA feeds yeast directly and thats why i don't take it. Also it makes me constipated which is not good if youre trying to detox. I've ordered some DMSA and look forward to using it, hopefully it is the missing link for me as i've tried everything else.

On another note what's your typical days diet Bex?

Re: What are peoples opinion of this product - HMD, heavy metal detox [Re: StuartUK] #45539
11/25/08 12:13 PM
11/25/08 12:13 PM
G
gdawson6  Offline
Advanced Master Member
I'd be interested to see where you are getting this information. Could you try to find something that implies ALA feeds yeast directly and not by increasing mercury in the digestive system?

I did feel a little backed up when I doubled my ALA dosage one round...but thats not uncommon if your healthy bacteria get wiped out.

Re: What are peoples opinion of this product - HMD, heavy metal detox [Re: gdawson6] #45544
11/25/08 03:47 PM
11/25/08 03:47 PM
Bex  Offline
Master Elite Member
NZ ****
Hi guys,

I will try and find where Andy says ALA feeds yeast more than other chelators. I am certain he has said this more than once. Right now I'm unable find it.

You guys are likely right. It may well be due to the movement of mercury in the particular areas where ALA goes.

Hi Stuart,

My typical diet is usually meat of some kind (chops - whether mutton/hogget/lamb), chicken/chicken mince or chicken, beef mince. Acidophilus sugar free yoghurt. Tomatoes/onions mixed together in a stir fry. Eggs (free range). Almond and sometimes brazil nuts(though I've run out at the moment). Vegetables cooked or raw (if raw, I have tomatoes, alfalfa, cucumber, celery, lettuce etc). If cooked, it's usually broccoli and onions or something.

I have herbal and sometimes black tea. Water. Vitamin C and Vitamin/mineral powder as a drink.

I do not include milk. I do not have coffee, nor do I have cream. Those things are enough to cause an entire relapse for me. I steer clear of fruits (apart from lemon/tomatoes).

My diet is strict and pretty limited, but I rely on it heavily. Some may cheat and find they only take a day or so to get back on track. I can take any number of weeks.

Re: What are peoples opinion of this product - HMD, heavy metal detox [Re: Bex] #45743
12/03/08 12:43 PM
12/03/08 12:43 PM
L
Layla  Offline
Sophmore Member
Interesting thread!

Is ALA basically flaxeed oil etc?

Cause I started taking omega 3/6/9 supplements (capsules - 50% omega3, 30& omega 6 & 20% omega 9) with cold-pressed flaxeed oil (linum usitatissimus) & rapeseed oil (Brassica napus) & Common evening primrose or Evening star oil(oenothera biennis) & vitamin E - & it really made me go bonkers!!

I had sorta bad symptoms with fish oil before.. & magnesium/zinc/calcium/copper/manganese/viatmin D supplement - partly good, partly bad.. I felt better, but there was this weird pressure on my eyes... especially when I took both fish oil & supplement... & it got even worse with the 'green oil'... (& with or without a different magnesium supplement..) I mean, the brainfog, feeling 'off' generally... & the eye pressure.. & especially the photosensitivity/sensitivity to light..
& nobody in the pharmacy had a clue about this, why it could happen!!

I only got a clue on this forum after I read some people got really bad reactions to ALA, & that flaxeed oil might be ALA-??

Is this sorta typical? I still have 3 amalgam fillings in my teeth.. One was removed about a month ago..
I read here http://home.earthlink.net/~moriam/Andy_dose_sched.html that for ALA you must wait for at least 3 months before chelating... (or using it in general?) - so could this be it?

So if you still have amalgams you shouldn't take ALA/flaxeed oil at all-??
But I thought flaxeed was healthy!! for omega3 etc-??!!

Does anyone know more on this?

Also, Bex, you say you eat a lot of meat etc. I started eating more meat on the anti-candida diet too.. & even when I stopped the anti-candida diet & started supplementing more, & when I stopped supplementing & just try to get enough magnesium & zinc & B12 etc with food - meat etc. It really helps with hyperacusis (sound sensitivity) & the moods.. to eat it maybe 3 times a week at least.. (not every day, cause then I go iffy too..) Though too much meat, especially beef or so (or pork, if in excess) will give me back pain!! aargh!!

But then I read recently that Russ says meat & food with sulphur is bad-?? - what to eat then??

I did notice that I felt way worse after too much garlic (eg 3 cloves in one day, one could go okay in salad or sauerkraut or such..) He also mentions food like avocado or brocolli as having too much sulphur - or did I read that wrong?
I tried to eat more garlic because Dr Mercola says garlic binds mercury-?? (or something like that, & to eat it..) & the candidiasis forums said that garlic kills yeast-?

I already try to not eat sugar or sweets (with occasional slips/exceptions, mainly in the form of dark chocolate when not supplementing.. cause I'm still searching for the right supps..) & very low amount of fruit.. I was gluten free & dairy free for a while but my scoliosis went worse - without supplementing at the time.. & my family complained terribly.. & I was hungry a lot.. smile so now I eat some bread & dairy.. we get milk from a farmer but there is a PVC windows factory near-by OoO

Anyway, still trying to figure out things, find best supplements & best nutrition.. What do you all think?

Last edited by Layla; 12/03/08 12:45 PM.
Re: What are peoples opinion of this product - HMD, heavy metal detox [Re: Layla] #45749
12/03/08 01:08 PM
12/03/08 01:08 PM
G
gdawson6  Offline
Advanced Master Member
Layla, ALA the chelator is Alpha Lipoic Acid

ALA from flax oil is Alpha linolenic acid

They are two completely different things.

Re: What are peoples opinion of this product - HMD, heavy metal detox [Re: Layla] #45752
12/03/08 03:20 PM
12/03/08 03:20 PM
Bex  Offline
Master Elite Member
NZ ****
Is ALA basically flaxeed oil etc?

Cause I started taking omega 3/6/9 supplements (capsules - 50% omega3, 30& omega 6 & 20% omega 9) with cold-pressed flaxeed oil (linum usitatissimus) & rapeseed oil (Brassica napus) & Common evening primrose or Evening star oil(oenothera biennis) & vitamin E - & it really made me go bonkers!!

Gdawson explained the difference. ALA - alpha lipoic acid is an antioxidants, but also happens to be a strong chelator of mercury.

ALA in Flaxeed oil - alpha linolenic acid has no impact on mercury, so it maybe something else you're responding to there. I would probably be careful with polyunsaturated oils and stick with what does the body good. Animal fats are very healing and very compatible. Butter, lard etc. Fish oil (mercury free) is very good, as is extra virgin olive oil and virgin coconut oil. Outside of this? I'd be very wary and steer clear of things like canola oil, rapeseed etc. Please read this: Click here --> KNOW YOUR FATS
It has many links about fats and which ones to consume and why.

Although flaxseed oil appears to have a flawless reputation, I'd even be careful of this. First of all, it's in a form to where the body has to convert into omega 3 to gain any benefits. Many people cannot do this apparently. There seems to be another "not so great" side regarding flax that perhaps Andy Cutler may not be aware of. I would read this: THE FACTS OF FLAX
The source comes from this link below which also contains valuable information:
NEW YOU MAY HAVE MISSED

I would save that information, I find it valuable.

I had sorta bad symptoms with fish oil before.. & magnesium/zinc/calcium/copper/manganese/viatmin D supplement - partly good, partly bad.. I felt better, but there was this weird pressure on my eyes... especially when I took both fish oil & supplement... & it got even worse with the 'green oil'... (& with or without a different magnesium supplement..) I mean, the brainfog, feeling 'off' generally... & the eye pressure.. & especially the photosensitivity/sensitivity to light..
& nobody in the pharmacy had a clue about this, why it could happen!!

Make sure the supplements are a reputable quality brand and that any fish oil supplement is mercury/pcb tested. Third party tested preferably and shown to be free from these toxins. Distilled usually means it's been cleaned. So check for that.

Also, mercury toxicity can make a person multiple chemically sensitive. You can easily react to supplements because of anything else contained in them. Whether it's yeast, wheat/gluten, soy, etc.

Then of course there are symptoms of some detox, which can cause a feeling of things getting worse. Healing symptoms. This can happen even with plain healthy unadulterated foods, to people sometimes confuse being allergic with healing. Rashes can be a sign of healing also.

One would be wise to avoid sugar, wheat/gluten and yeast products when mercury toxic. Even though it does restrict the diet, they seem to be a commn problem. Apparently, wheat is treated with mercury fungicide, which might explain the severe reactions I used to get from - almost like I was immediately poisoned. That plus the gluten it contains, which some people are gluten intolerant and cannot digest it properly. Acts like a glu and can cause in some people, far reaching problems/consequences. Then of course there is sugar, which I can't say a good thing about. Lowers immunity, feeds organisms/yeast, causes blood sugar imbalance and many other problems. There is more than enough natural sugar in natural foods if a person insists on getting more of it in their diet. However, if a person has candida, which is common with mercury, any form of sugar (fruit, honey, lactose in milk, high carbohydrates like grains/potatoes etc) will feed it and continue to cause problems.

So if you still have amalgams you shouldn't take ALA/flaxeed oil at all-??
But I thought flaxeed was healthy!! for omega3 etc-??!!

Does anyone know more on this?

As you know now, the ALA in flaxseed oil is not the same thing. You can take it with amalgams just fine - though I don't know if I'd take flaxseed oil anyway after reading that link.

Alpha lipoic acid is another story and should NOT be used until blood levels of mercury have been reduced. Either from waiting it out for 3 months or more post amalgam removal, or using DMSA during that time. Either way, it should not be used earlier on.

But then I read recently that Russ says meat & food with sulphur is bad-?? - what to eat then??

I have never noticed this at all. There are many things out there that will tell you not to do this and to do that etc, but I find that simply sticking to natural foods and avoiding the bad, my body can begin to respond positively. Though it can take sometime. Unfortunately due to my condition, I cannot eat even natural sugars in fruit, honey, milk etc, so I have to be extra careful. Someone with less of a problem, maybe just fine with higher carbohydrate foods. I have had to make more strict changes. Otherwise I'd be eating them.

I did notice that I felt way worse after too much garlic (eg 3 cloves in one day, one could go okay in salad or sauerkraut or such..) He also mentions food like avocado or brocolli as having too much sulphur - or did I read that wrong?
I tried to eat more garlic because Dr Mercola says garlic binds mercury-?? (or something like that, & to eat it..) & the candidiasis forums said that garlic kills yeast-?

A few reasons are possible. Garlic can kill yeast, so may cause die off symptoms and make you feel worse for a time. But it can also mobilise mercury quite wildly, which will also likely cause a worsening of symptoms. It may not be ideal for that reason. It is not a proper chelating agent apparently, though it will move mercury, not necessary strongly enough to get it out. Rather it may move it around.

I would be careful to mix differing mercury detox protocols. Andy Cutler and Dr Mercola could not differ more on their ideas of how to detox mercury and by mixing the two, you may find yourself becoming confused. I would personally stick with Cutler's.

High sulfur foods can be problematic if you are still very high in mercury. Sulfur tends to have an affinity with mercury and can move it around more. Some people do very well on sulfur and seem to need more sulfur foods, some find it makes them feel sicker. I think the body needs sulfur, but extra sulfur maybe used then to move mercury around - replacing that which mercury competes with can also cause a movement of mercury. So even replacing certain minerals/antioxidants can cause a certain amount of detox symptoms. Which is not all bad, but sometimes not easy to tolerate. Thing is, you do want to get the metals out and sometimes some symptoms are unavoidable during that process. But it is not necessary to overdo anything that makes things intolerable for you.

At one point I had to go easy on sulfur foods like cabbage, eggs, onions etc. It stirred up the mercury alot and made me feel ill at the time. So I had to ease up a bit. I certainly did knock it out of my diet though. But too much in one meal would really cause symptoms. I got better later though and coudl consume sulfur foods again with no problem. Usually this is when you still have high blood/tissue mercury.

I already try to not eat sugar or sweets (with occasional slips/exceptions, mainly in the form of dark chocolate when not supplementing.. cause I'm still searching for the right supps..) & very low amount of fruit.. I was gluten free & dairy free for a while but my scoliosis went worse - without supplementing at the time.. & my family complained terribly.. & I was hungry a lot.. so now I eat some bread & dairy.. we get milk from a farmer but there is a PVC windows factory near-by OoO

As long you can handle the slip ups. I cannot at all. I have to be vigilant permanently. Also, when you give up certain foods, you can get worse from detoxing/healing crisis. So sometimes worsening of symptoms is not a sign of getting worse, but getting some of the garbage of the system. It's hard to tell however.

Getting hungry is not uncommon when withdrawing from certain foods that maybe doing long term harm. I went through a period of detox/adjustment and at first I got worse and was always hungry. I stuck at it and after a few weeks of it, I got much better and many symptoms were reduced or went away. Hunger/cravings typically increase during that time, but later they start to subside again.

Re: What are peoples opinion of this product - HMD, heavy metal detox [Re: Bex] #45754
12/03/08 04:31 PM
12/03/08 04:31 PM
L
Layla  Offline
Sophmore Member
gdawson & Bex, thanks for clearing that up!!

/shucks, & I was really lookinf forward to *finally* finding what was the matter!! hmm.. What could it be then?/

I will look at those sites & probably print out stuff.. my brains are 'fried' a bit... from reading too much already, as it is.. smile

I've read how ground flaxeed is healthy & just assumed the oil would be too.. & when the pharmacist suggested this instead of real fish oil (which might have too high overall dosage of vitamin D combined with other stuff), I said I'd give it a try.. Interesting that the link you posted says freshly ground is better.. But can it go bad in capsules too?

So would it make sense to just throw away (read: return to pharmacy or dispose of in a designated programme) or donate those supplements that don't agree with me? (they weren't cheap either!!) not sure if anyone in the family might tolerate them... or just eat 1 capsule every 14 days or so..? What do you guys think?

Has anyone had eye problems/photosensitivity worse from supplements?

Again, Thank you!!

so glad to have come to this forum, where people seem to know quite a lot about all this - nutrition, supplements etc... I was running out of places to ask about all this! smile

Re: What are peoples opinion of this product - HMD, heavy metal detox [Re: Layla] #45757
12/03/08 07:05 PM
12/03/08 07:05 PM
Bex  Offline
Master Elite Member
NZ ****
gdawson & Bex, thanks for clearing that up!!

/shucks, & I was really lookinf forward to *finally* finding what was the matter!! hmm.. What could it be then?/

I will look at those sites & probably print out stuff.. my brains are 'fried' a bit... from reading too much already, as it is..

No problem smile

Just look at the links in your own time, it's tiring enough being ill.

Has anyone had eye problems/photosensitivity worse from supplements?

Yes I have experienced this. I had it after garlic supplementation severely, though I gather it shunted toxins into more sensitive areas (eyes included) and that's what may have brought that on. That lasted for months because of where the garlic pushed the toxins (gut included). Very much a long term impact.

So any supplements from then on, had the potential to increase this reaction further. Flaxseed oil was one of them and I had to stop it.

As far as I know, mercury can cause photosensitivity and I believe candida possiby can also. Who knows what toxins could bring this on, whether by creating deficiences/imbalances and/or lodging in those particular areas directly.

I am not certain what might be happening to you, but again I'm pretty sure it's probably toxic related and perhaps the supplements are bringing that out a bit more. Possibly by encouraging a bit of movement of toxins in those areas, I don't know. Do you get this without supplements to any degree? Because when you go through detox, it often increases the symptoms.

Or it could be something else - some particularly nutrient maybe doing this to you that you maybe getting too much of, or creating a bit of an imbalance elsewhere. It is very hard to say exactly what the cause might be. It's guesses from this end and unqualified ones.

Re: What are peoples opinion of this product - HMD, heavy metal detox [Re: Bex] #45834
12/06/08 07:04 PM
12/06/08 07:04 PM
StuartUK  Offline
Graduate Member
Been on HMD this week. I just do x5 drops a day any more and you're messed up big time as it mobilises VERY effectively. Where are you at. I could possibly send you some of mine. One bottle goes a long long way.