News you won't see in controlled mainstream media.

Circle-of-Life Forums - Welcome
Open-Source News, Natural Health, Recipes, Freedom, Preparedness, Computers, Technology, Movies, Reviews, History, Wisdom, Truth
See All Social Media We Are On | Trouble viewing videos? Use FireFox instead of Chrome.
Mercury Detox & Amalgam Fillings Forum

The Mercury Detox & Amalgam Fillings Forum

Detoxing Heavy Metals, Removing Amalgam Fillings, Understanding Mercury Poisoning

Our Most Popular Videos, Audio Clips, and Articles

Text
Text

views

Secret News
News you won't hear in controlled mainstream media.
Video Document
Video

views

CFL Bulbs: Are They Safe?
An experiment exposing the serious danger of compact fluorescent bulbs.
Video Document
Video

views

Mercury From Canned Fish Contaminating Your Kitchen
Open a can of fish and you begin breathing mercury vapor.
Website
Website

(remote)

views

Spraying the Skies with Toxic Metals
Have you heard about the epic crime of human history?
Video
Video

views

The Global Depopulation Agenda Documented
A MUST-SEE lecture for every parent!
Video
Video

views

What In the World are They Spraying?
Vaccination via the air for everyone, every day!
Video
Video

views

The
A 2-minute explanation of the global warming lie.
Video
Video

views

Global Warming: The Other Side
The Weather Channel founder exposes the GW lie.
Video
Video

views

Know Your Enemy
A revolutionary look at Earth history.
Video
Video

views

Mystery Babylon
The grandmother of all conspiracies.
Video
Video

views

The Power Behind the New World Order
An essential video for all wishing to understand.
Video
Video

views

Global Warming: Is CO2 the Cause
Dr. Robert Carter tells the truth about global warming.
Video
Video

views

All Jesse Ventura Conspiracy Theory Episodes In One Place
Easily find the episodes you want to watch.
Text
Text

views

New Study Steers Mercury Blame Away From Vaccines Toward Environment: But Where's It Coming From?
New study steers mercury blame away from vaccines.
Text
Text

views

Revelation 18:23 What does "sorcery" really mean?
Text
Text

views

The Leading Cause of Death Globally - Likely Has Been for Decades
Modern medicine leading cause of death globally?
Video
Video

views

Lies In the Textbooks - Full Version
Blatant, intentional lies in American textbooks.
Text
Text

views

Stop Chemical and Biological Testing on U.S. Citizens
Testing on U.S. Citizens is perfectly legal today.
Text
Text

views

Do Vaccines Cause Cancer? Cancerous Cell Lines Used in the Development of Vaccines
DOCUMENTED! Cancerous cell lines used in vaccines!
Video
Video

views

Italian Doctor - Dr. Tullio Simoncini - Reportedly Curing 90% of Cancer Cases
Italian Doctor makes history & gets license revoked.
Video
Video

views

Apollyon Rising 2012 - The Final Mystery Of The Great Seal Revealed: A Terrifying And Prophetic Cipher, Hidden From The World By The U.S. Government For Over 200 Years Is Here
The Final Mystery Of the Great Seal of the U.S. Revealed
Video
Video

views

Invisible Empire - New Epic Video about the New World Order
Epic Video about the New World Order.
Video
Video

views

The Lie of the Serpent: Dr. Walter Veith Examines the New Age Movement's Relationship to the New World Order
The New Age Movement & The New World Order
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Whitewater, drug smuggling, and the bloodiest campaign trail in history
Text Document
Text

views

Secret News
Professional actors in politics and media
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The biggest conspiracy of all: Keeping it all in the family
Text Document
Text

views

Secret News
Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP): The language of politics
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Congressman Sherman tells it like it is; Is anyone listening?
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The only way to ensure privacy is to remove your cell phone battery
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Rep Kapture reveals epic crimes that remain unpunished
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The reason so many are sterile, sick and dying today
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Former U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney Says "No Evidence" for Bin Laden Involvement in 9-11
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The highest elected U.S. officials make sure they are exempt from justice.
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The murder of JFK cleared the way for the communist globalist agenda
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The world's largest military contractors exposed in "Iraq For Sale"
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
A paradigm-changing video that everyone must see.
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
This is a chilling video that exposes the use-or misuse-of the word "force" in HR1955
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
A Hollywood producer told about 9/11 before it happened
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
How many other news stories have been faked that we don't know about?
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Texas legislators on both sides of the iasle voting for each other
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper and Australian Prime Minister John Howard give the same speech
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Why are are few (not all) police working to promote hate and violence?
Text Document
Text

views

Secret News
New grassroots movement protects U.S. citizens against unlawful police action
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Russ), 1,821 guests, and 26 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Left Sidebar Ad
Popular Topics(Views)
339,713 DOES GOD EXIST?
254,654 Please HELP!!!
162,487 Open Conspiracy
106,819 History rules
99,279 Symmetry
87,959 oil pulling
Support Our Forum
Herbs/Nutrition
Only The Best HerbsOnly The Best Herbs!
Your best source of world-class herbal information! More...
Mercury Detox
Amalgam Illness: Diagnosis and Treatment by Dr. Andrew Cutler#1 Book We've Found!
"Silver" fillings, mercury detox, & much more. More...
Algin
AlginFor Mercury Detox
Prevent mercury reabsorption in the colon during detox. More...
Mercury Poisoning
DMSA, 25mg.Softcover & Kindle
Excellent resource for mercury detox. More...
DMSA 100mg
EDTA 500mg
DMSA, 25mg.For Mercury Chelation
For calcium chelation and heart health. More...
Vaccine Safety?
Vaccines: The Risks, The Benefits, The Choices by Dr. Sherri TenpennyMust for Every Parent
The most complete vaccine info on the planet. More...
Stop Candida!
Candida ClearFinally.
Relief! More...
Saying NO To Vaccines
Saying No To Vaccines by Dr. Sherri TenpennyDr. Sherri Tenpenny
Get the info you need to protect yourself. More...
Nano-Silver
Amalgam Illness: Diagnosis and Treatment by Dr. Andrew CutlerWhat everyone's talking about!
Safe, powerful, timely! More...
World's Best Vitamin E
Vitamin E wih SeleniumThere is a difference!
A powerful brain antioxidant for use during Hg detox. More...
It's All In Your Head
It's All In Your Head by Dr. Hal HugginsThis changed my life!
This book convinced me remove my fillings. More...
World's Best Multi
Super Supplemental - Full-Spectrum Multivitamin/Mineral/Herbal SupplementThis is what we use!
The only multi where you feel the difference. More...
Understand Hair Tests
Hair Test Interpretation: Finding Hidden Toxicities by Dr. Andrew CutlerHair Tests Explained!
Discover hidden toxicities, easily. More...
GABA
GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid)Have Racing Thoughts?
Many use GABA for anxiety and better sleep. More...
Pet Health Charts
Pet Health Charts for Dogs, Cats, Horses, and BirdsHelp Them!
Natural health for pets. More...
The Companion Bible (Hardcover)
The Companion BibleThe Bible We Use!
King James with study notes by Bullinger. More...
The Companion Bible (Softcover)
The Companion BibleThe Bible We Use!
King James with study notes by Bullinger. More...
Sweet Remedy
Sweet RemedyFood Additives
Protect your family from toxic food! More...
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
World Challenge, Inc/ David Wilkerson #48412
03/11/09 07:02 PM
03/11/09 07:02 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
Brothers and Sisters-In-Christ;

Today I have received the "World Challenge Pulpit Series" newsletter by Pastor David Wilkerson.

I would like to encourage you with an excerpt from his enclosed personal letter. (on the back of the 'Messaage delivered at Times Square Church in New York City').

Dearly Beloved:

GOD'S PROMISES NEVER FAIL!

"THE GREAT DEPRESSION"

Newspapers are screaming headlines like this one and others: "Worldwide Economic Collapse," -"Falling Into Depression," - "Conditions Worsen."

But I want to focus on another depression that is gripping many today. It goes beyond finances and the economy. This great depression has to do with personal struggles that multitudes of God's people are experiencing. Many saints are facing personal, spiritual and physical battles that depress soul, mind and spirit.

I thank God for those whose faith is growing, who also endure severe afflictions yet who "rejoice in sufferings and trials for the results that are more precious than gold."

Still, Satan has unleashed a flood of lies and accusations against God's elect in this hour. True, he has always been the father of lies; he has always viciously accused the brethren. But now, in this last hour, his lies and accusations against the elect are unrelenting. He has tried to take praying, faithful saints through Job-like attacks, assaults that come against both body and mind. He is determined to shipwreck our faith, to plant seeds of doubt and distrust, and to harass us into spiritual dullness.

Beloved, hold on! Jesus is with you. Your heavenly Father is allowing this testing time, and he has to do it his way. Satan cast his lies at Jesus in the wilderness, and our Lord set an example of how to deal with these attacks. We are to lay hold of God's Promises, memorize them and get alone with the Lord. I urge you: With every attack, throw up your wall of the Word and stand firm on God's special Promises.

Finally, Satan has no power whatsoever to destroy you. He may touch your body and harass you mentally, but your salvation is not in doubt. Resting in Jesus makes you an overcomer. Fear not!

~~~~~~~~~~~
David Wilkerson also gives his final word on a message, "The Power of the Lord's Presence"......

I cannot imagine how unbelievers can know any peace whatsoever in these perilous times without the presence and assurance of Jesus. Fear and anguish now hang over humankind like a black cloud. At a recent gathering of some of the richest men on earth, one speaker said in an agonized tone: "We are all in the worst possible mess. We brought it on ourselves, and we do not know how to get out of it."

I thank God for the nearness and the closeness of Jesus in this awful hour. I am taking all my anxious fears and cares to a quiet place of prayer, where I simply love Jesus. I quietly worship him there, thanking him and comitting all my pains, stresses and family cares to him. I daily sing that old gospel song: "Shut in with God in a secret place, There in his presence beholding his face, Gaining new power to run in the race...I long to be shut in with God."

Beloved, Jesus is going to walk with you through your troubles. He rejoices over you. You are going to make it, dear overcomer. God love and keep you in his presence."

I prayerfully hope these words by Pastor David Wilkerson encourage you as they have me. We are all in this together. In times such as these, the LORD Jesus wants us to draw closer to Him. I honestly say, without the LORD JESUS I could not and would not make it. May our Lord Jesus bless you all. Thanks to Russ and Herb Allure for allowing these words to go forth in these end times.

Blessings, Abishag <>< JESUS IS LORD !! AMEN!

Last edited by Abishag; 03/11/09 07:04 PM.

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." [John 14:6]
Re: World Challenge, Inc/ Through It All -- [Re: Abigail] #54033
11/03/09 02:06 PM
11/03/09 02:06 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--THROUGH IT ALL/ David Wilkerson

As Paul faced his court trial in Rome, he was held under horrible conditions (see Philippians 1:13-14). He was guarded around the clock by soldiers of the Praetorian guard, his feet chained to a soldier on either side. These men were crude, hardened, cursing frequently. They'd seen it all, and to them in their line of work, every jailed man was a guilty criminal, including Paul.

Imagine the indignities Paul suffered in that situation. He had no time alone, not a single moment of freedom. Every visit from friends was closely monitored, with the guards probably ridiculing Paul's conversations. It would have been so easy for that godly man's dignity to be totally stripped away under that kind of treatment.

Think about it: Here was a man who had been very active, loving to travel the open road and high seas to meet and fellowship with God's people. Paul drew his greatest joy from visiting the churches he had established throughout that region of the world. But now he was chained down, literally bound to the hardest, most profane men alive.

Paul had two options in his situation. He could spin out into a morbid, sour mood, asking the same self-centered question over and over: "Why me?" He could crawl into a pit of despair, reasoning himself into a hopeless depression, completely consumed with the thought, "Here I am bound up, with my ministry shut down, while others out there enjoy a harvest of souls. Why?"

Instead, Paul chose to ask, "How is my present situation going to bring glory to Christ? How can great good come out of my trial?" This servant of God made up his mind: "I can't change my condition. I could very well die in this state. Yet, I know my steps are ordered by the Lord. Therefore I'm going to magnify Christ and be a testimony to the world while I'm in these chains." "Now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death" (Philippians 1:20).

Paul's attitude demonstrates the only way we can be emancipated from our dark pit of unhappiness and worry. You see, it's possible to waste all our tomorrows anxiously waiting to be delivered out of our suffering. If that becomes our focus, we'll totally miss the miracle and joy of being emancipated in our trial.

Consider Paul's statement: "I would ye should understand, brethren, that the things which happened unto me have fallen out rather unto the furtherance of the gospel" (Philippians 1:12). Paul is saying, "Don't pity me or think I'm discouraged over my future. And please don't say my work is finished. Yes, I'm in chains and suffering, but the gospel is being preached through it all."

David Wilkerson/THROUGH IT ALL-- 11/03/09
We press on, in the wonderful name of JESUS! Abishag cross

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." [John 14:6]
Re: World Challenge, Inc/ The Lies of the Enemy - [Re: Abigail] #54372
11/25/09 12:42 PM
11/25/09 12:42 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--THE LIES OF THE ENEMY-/David Wilkerson

IN our times of trial and temptation, Satan comes to us bringing lies: "You're surrounded now and there is no way out. Greater servants than you have quit in circumstances no worse than this. Now it's your turn to go down. You're a failure, otherwise you wouldn't be going through this. There's something wrong with you and God is sorely displeaased."

In the midst of his trial, Hezekiah acknowledged his helplessness. The king realized he had no strength to stop the voices raging at him, voices of discouragement, threats and lies. He knew he couldn't deliver himself from the battle, so he sought the Lord for help. And God answered by sending the prophet Isaiah to Hezekiah with this message: "The Lord has heard your cry. Now, tell the Satan at your gate, 'You're the one who is going down. By the way you came here, you will also go out.' "

Hezekiah had very nearly fallen for the enemy's trick. The fact is, if we don't stand up to Satan's lies--if, in our hour of crisis, we don't turn to faith and prayer, if we don't draw strength from God's promises of deliverance--the devil will zero in on our wavering faith and intensify his attacks.

Hezekiah gained courage from the word he received, and he was able to say to Sennacherib in no uncertain terms: "Devil king, you did not blaspheme 'me'. You lied to God himself. My Lord is going to deliver me. And because you blasphemed Him, you will face His wrath!"

The Bible tells us that God supernaturally delivered Hezekiah and Judah on that very night: "It came to pass that night, that the angel of the Lord went out, and smote in the camp of the Assyrians an hundred fourscore and five thousand: and when they arose early in the morning, behold, they were all dead corpses" (2 Kings 19:35).

Believers, today stand not just on a promise but also on the shed blood of Jesus Christ. And in that blood we have victory over every sin, temptation and battle we will ever face. Maybe you've received a letter from the devil lately.

I ask you: Do ou believe God has the foreknowledge to anticipate your every trial? Your every foolish move? Your every doubt and fear? If so, you have the example of King David before you, who prayed, "This poor man cried, and the Lord delivered him." Will you do the same?
-------------

THE LIES OF THE ENEMY /David Wilkerson-11/25/09

Hold on to His hand, believers and claim His promises! Jesus is coming soon! We press on, in His Holy Name! Blessings, Abishag cross

Re: World Challenge, Inc/ The Day of Christ Is At Hand [Re: Abigail] #54471
12/02/09 03:06 PM
12/02/09 03:06 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--THE DAY OF CHRIST IS AT HAND

By: David Wilkerson --- 12/02/09

PAUL wrote, "We beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, that ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand" (2 Thessalonians 2:1-2).

Scoffers point out, "See, someone in the early church shook up believers with the message that Christ was about to come. And Paul told them, "No, don't worry about it. Don't let it trouble or concern you."

But that is not what the original Greek reveals. The root word is "[be not shaken]...that the day of the Lord 'has' come." What disturbed the Thessalonians was they thought Christ had already come, and that they'd missed it. Paul reassures them in the next verse, "Let no man deceive you by any means; for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition" (2:3). Paul was only addressing their fears when he said, "Don't be worried, because two things have to happen first."

So, what was Paul's primary theology about Christ's return? We find it in two passages: "Knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep; for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed. The night is far spent, the day is at hand" (Romans 13:11-12). "Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand" (Philippians 4:5). Paul is crying, "Wake up! It's past midnight already. The Lord's coming is drawing near, so stir yourself. Don't be slothful. Jesus is coming for those who expect him."

Skeptics may ask, "But what about Paul's own words? He did say two things had to happen before Christ returns. First, the Lord can't come until a great apostasy takes place. And second, the Antichrist has to rise up and proclaim himself God. We have to see the Antichrist sitting in the temple, demanding that people worship him, before Jesus will come."

First of all, you have to be willfully blind not to see a raging apostasy gripping the whole world. Unbelief is sweeping through nations, with believers falling away from faith on all sides. The apostasy Paul refers to has clearly arrived.

Some may say, "Paul clearly says Jesus can't come until the Antichrist is in power." Consider what Scripture says: "Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son" (1 John 2:22). According to John, the Antichrist is anyone who denies the Father and the Son. Moreover, he says, the increase of such Antichrists is proof we are living in the very last days.

In short, nothing is holding back Christ's return! cross

----------
Matthew 24:42,44- Jesus says, "Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come." ..."Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh."

Revelation 22:20-21 "...Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come Lord Jesus.
"The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen. prayer

Re: World Challenge, Inc/ Ever - Present Help- [Re: Abigail] #54509
12/04/09 04:11 PM
12/04/09 04:11 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--EVER-PRESENT HELP angelwing

By: Pastor David Wilkerson

GOD has promised us, "In your time of trouble--when you face a persistent, ever-present evil--I will be your ever-present help" (see Psalm 46:1).

The phrase "ever present" means "always here, always available, with unlimited access." In short, the abiding presence of the Lord is always in us. And if he's ever present in us, then he wants continual conversation with us. He wants us to talk with him no matter where we are: on the job, with family, with friends, even with non-believers.

I refuse to accept the lie Satan has thrust upon so many of God's people today: that the Lord has stopped speaking to his people. The enemy wants us to think God has allowed Satan to grow in power and influence, but that he hasn't equipped his own people with greater authority. No, never! Scripture says, "When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord shall lift up a standard against him" (Isaiah 59:19). It doesn't matter what the devil brings against us. God's power in his people will always be greater than Satan's assaults.

This verse from Isaiah actually refers to the flag-bearer who rode ahead of Israel's army. The Lord always led his people into battle behind his own mighty standard. Likewise today, God has a glorious army of heavenly hosts who ride forth under his banner, ready to execute his battle plans on our behalf.

You may ask, "So how does God bring us help in our troubles?" His help comes in the gift of his Holy Spirit, who dwells in us and works the Father's will in our lives. Paul tells us again and again that our body is a temple of the Holy Spirit. We are the Lord's dwelling place on earth.

Of course, we repeat this truth often, in our worship and testimonies. Yet, many of us still don't take it seriously. We simply don't understand the power that resides in this truth. If we did grasp it and trust in it, we would never again be afraid or dismayed.

I certainly haven't laid hold of this lesson fully. Even after all my years as a minister, I'm still tempted to think I have to work up some emotion in order to hear from God. No, the Lord is saying, "You don't have to spend hours waiting for me. I abide in you. I am present for you, night and day."

Listen to David's testimony: "I will bless the Lord, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons. I have set the Lord always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved" (Psalm 16:7-8). David is declaring, "God is always present before me. And I'm determined to keep him in my thoughts. He faithfully guides me day and night. I don't ever have to be confused."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fellow believers, "If God be for us, who can be against us?" (Romans 8:31)
Hell cannot stand against the Sacrifical-Lamb-of God! cross
Have a wonderful December and Merry Christmas! Abishag <><

Re: World Challenge, Inc/ Ever - Present Help- [Re: Abigail] #54512
12/04/09 07:05 PM
12/04/09 07:05 PM
L
Lynnmn  Offline
Master Elite Member
Gods got the Victory!
Gods got the Power!
Evil will be defeated and all things will be made new.

Romans 8:23
At the redemption of the body
1 Corinthians 5:5
In the day of the Lord Jesus
1 Corinthians 15:51-55
At the last trump
Colossians 3:4
When Christ our life shall appear
1 Thessalonians 4:16
When the Lord decends with a shout
2 Thessalonians 2:1
At the comeing of the Lord
2 Timothy 4:7,8
At "that day"

So We Shall ever be with the Lord.
Oh Happy Day!
Until then, we are nearing the end of time of this system of things.

Bear ye one another's burdens-- Galations 6:2
Lifting each other up
God is our refuge and strength

Re: World Challenge, Inc/ IN TIME OF NEED [Re: Lynnmn] #54768
12/15/09 01:08 PM
12/15/09 01:08 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

Thank you for your encouraging words, Lynn!

IN TIME OF NEED ~~ bible

Consider one of the most powerful promises in all of God's Word:

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea... Though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof... There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High. God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early. The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved;; he uttered his voice, the earth melted. The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge...He maketh wars to cease" (Psalm 46:1-7, 9).

What a marvelous word. I've read this passasge over and over, dozens of times, and I'm still overwhelmed by it. God's Word to us here is so powerful, so immovable, he tells us, "Never again do you need to fear. It doesn't matter if the whole world is in turmoil. The earth may quake, the oceans may swell, the mountains may crumble into the sea. Things may be in complete chaos, a total uproar all around you.

"But because of my Word, you'll have peace like a river. While all the nations rage, powerful streams of joy will flow to my people. It will fill their hearts with gladness."

Right now, the whole world is in a fearful time. Nations are trembling over terrorism, knowing no region is immune to the threats. Personal troubles and sufferings are mounting. Yet, in the midst of it all, Psalm 46 echoes to God's people the world over: "I am in your midst. I am with you through it all. My people will not be destroyed or moved. I'm going to be an ever-present help to my church."

God knows we all face deep needs; we all encounter turmoil. temptations, times of confusion that cause our souls to quake. His message for us in Psalm 46 is meant for just such times. He is saying that if we give in to fear, becoming downcast and full of despair, we're living absolutely contrary to his reality in our lives.

It's vital that you grasp what the Lord is telling us in this Psalm. Our God is available to us at any time, day or night. He's continually at our right hand, willing to speak to us and to guide us. And he's made this possible by giving us his Holy Spirit to abide in us. The Bible tells us that Christ himself is in us, and we are in him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
By: Pastor David Wilkerson
Times Square Church/ New York
Blessings to everyone, Abishag cross MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Re: World Challenge, Inc/ SEATED WITH JESUS [Re: Abigail] #54983
12/28/09 03:26 PM
12/28/09 03:26 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--SEATED WITH JESUS / BY: David Wilkerson now

According to Paul, we who believe in Jesus have been raised up from spiritual death and are seated with him in a heavenly realm. "Even when we were dead in sins, [God] hath quickened us together with Christ...and hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus" (Ephesians 2:5-6).

Where is this heavenly place where we're seated with Jesus? It is none other than God's own throne room--the throne of grace, the dwelling place of the Almighty. Two verses later we read how we were brought to this wonderful place: "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God" (2:8).

The throne room is the seat of all power and dominion. It's the place where God rules over all principalities and powers, and reigns over the affairs of men. Here in the throne room, he monitors every move of Satan and examines every thought of man.

And Christ is seated at the Father's right hand. Scripture tells us, "All things were made by him" (John 1:3). And, "In him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily" (Colossians 2:9). In Jesus resides all wisdom and peace, all power and strength, everything needed to live a victorious, fruitful life. And we're given access to all those riches that are in Christ.

Paul is telling us, "As surely as Christ was raised from the dead, we've been raised up with him by the Father. And, as surely as Jesus was taken to the throne of glory, we've been taken with him to the same glorious place. Because we are in him, we are also where he is. That's the privilege of all believers. It means we are seated with him in the same heavenly place where he dwells."

Paul says that all spiritual blessings are bestowed in the throne room. All the riches of Christ are available to us there: steadfastness, strength, rest, ever-increasing peace. "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ" (Ephesians 1:3).

Our God reigns!
Have a blessed New Year in the Lord Jesus! prayer

Re: World Challenge, Inc/ FRIEND OF GOD ~ [Re: Abigail] #55373
01/21/10 03:12 PM
01/21/10 03:12 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---FRIEND OF GOD / By: David Wilkerson ~ bible

~~Consider the way God himself described his relationship with Abraham: "Abraham my friend" (Isaiah 41:8). Likewise the New Testament tells us, "Abraham believed God...and he was called the Friend of God" (James 2:23).

What an incredible commendation, to be called the friend of God. Most Christians have sung the well-known hymn, "What a Friend We Have in Jesus." These Biblical passages bring home that truth with power. To have the Creator of the universe call a man his friend seems beyond human comprehension. Yet it happened with Abraham. It's a sign of this man's great intimacy with God.

The Hebrew word that Isaiah uses for friend here signifies affection and closeness. And in the Greek, James' word for friend means a dear, close associate. Both imply a deep, shared intimacy.

The closer we grow to Christ, the greater our desire becomes to live wholly in his presence. Moreover, we begin to see more clearly that Jesus is our only true foundation.

The Bible tells us Abraham "looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God" (Hebrews 11:10). To Abraham, nothing in this life was permanent. Scripture says the world was "a strange place" to him. It was no place to put down roots. The heavenly country Abraham yearned for isn't a literal place. Rather, it is being home with the Father. You see, the Hebrew word for this phrase, "heavenly county," is Pater. It comes from a root word meaning Father. So, the heavenly country Abraham sought was, literally, a place with the Father.

Yet Abraham was no mystic. He was not an ascetic who put on holy airs and lived in a spiritual haze. This man lived an earthly life, heavily involved in the world's affairs. After all, he was the owner of thousands of head of livestock. And he had enough servants to form a small militia. Abraham had to be a busy man, directing his servants and buying and selling his cattle, sheep and goats.

Yet somehow, despite his many business affairs and responsibilities, Abraham found time for intimacy with the Lord. ~
~~~~~~~~
Blessings, as we, Christians travel this earthly pilgrimage to the Heavenly City with the Lord. Abishag cross

Re: World Challenge, Inc/ A NEW CREATURE [Re: Abigail] #57493
06/02/10 09:30 AM
06/02/10 09:30 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

A NEW CREATURE/ THROUGH THE CROSS ~~ cross

By: David Wilkerson

"I am crucified with Christ; nevertheless I live..." (Galatians 2:20).

"If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new" (2 Corinthians 5:17).

You may say, "I know I'm in Christ by faith. I realize I'm a new creature, but I still struggle terribly with a habit. It makes me so discouraged." Satan would love to convince you that God has given up on you. He wants you to think God sees you as dirty, filthy with sin. But it's all a lie. What you're experiencing is the flesh battling against the Spirit in you. This battle is common to all believers. And while you're in the midst of it, Satan wants to convince you that the "old man" is still in control.

No matter what your condition, God does not waver in his love for you. He never stopped loving Adam's race, in spite of all its wickedness, idolatry and lustful ways. He preserved them throughout history to the last days, when he stepped in with his rescue plan. Through the cross, it was possible that all of Adam's race could be reconciled.

You have to know that your standing with God is based on one thing: you are victorious because of the cross. This victory doesn't come through any good thing you do. As paul says, "They that are in the flesh cannot please God" (Romans 8:8). Our victory comes solely through repentance, faith, belief, trust in God's care for us. And our part is to stand firmly on the position he has graciously given us in Christ.

His Word assures us, "You may fail at times. But when I look at you, I see only my Son, Jesus. You are going to come through this battle victorious, with no guilt or condemnation."
------
"Without faith it is impossible to please God."

Fellow Believers, we MUST keep our eyes on Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith. He is coming soon. prayer
Blessings, Abishag <><

Re: World Challenge, Inc/ PROVING MAN ! [Re: Abigail] #57734
06/15/10 01:37 PM
06/15/10 01:37 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

PROVING MAN ~

"God left him, to try him" (2 Chronicles 32:31).

We have become so preoccupied in proving God that we have not prepared our hearts for the great tests of life whereby God proves man. Could it be that the great trial you are now facing, the burden you now carry, is actually God at work proving you?

"God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him...'Take now thy son..and offer him there for a burnt offering" (Genesis 22:1-2). God proved an entire nation to find out what was really in its heart. "The Lord thy God led thee these forty years in the wilderness, to humble thee, and to prove thee, to know what was in thine heart, whether thou wouldest keep his commandments, or not" (Deuteronomy 8:2).

We see an amazing thing in 2 Chronicles 32:31: God left a great king for a season to prove him. "God left him, to try him, that he might know all that was in his heart."

Often, while in the righteous pursuit of God's work, the steward of the Lord finds himself apparently forsaken--tried to the limits of endurance and left all alone to battle the forces of hell. Every man God has ever blessed has been proved in the same manner.

Do you find yourself in strange circumstances? Do you feel forsaken and alone? Do you fight a losing battle with an unpredictable enemy? These are signs pointing to the proving process.

Victory is alway desired, but should you fail, remember: It is what remains in your heart that God is interested in, your attitude after you have won or lost the lonely battle. Your devotion to him in spite of failure is his desire.

Jesus has promised never to leave us or forsake us, but the record of Scripture reveals there are seasons when the Father withdraws his presence to prove us.

Even Christ experienced that lonely moment on the cross. It is in these times that our blessed Savior is most touched by the feeling of our infirmity--and he whispers, "I pray for thee, that thy faith fail not."

Jesus says we are to take up our cross and folow him (see Matthew 16:24). What is that cross? It is the flesh with its frailness and weakness. Take it up, move on in faith, and his strength will be made perfect in you. Is your cross of self and sin too heavy? Then, my friend, take up your cross and follw on. He understands and is there beside you to lift the heavy burden. -- cross
---
Times Square Church
Pastor David Wilkerson
JESUS IS LORD! Jesus said, "I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." AMEN!

Re: World Challenge, Inc/ GO AHEAD AND CRY ~~ [Re: Abigail] #58040
06/30/10 08:07 PM
06/30/10 08:07 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

GO AHEAD AND CRY ~

By: David Wilkerson -
-
----
When you hurt the worst--go to your secret closet and weep out all your despair! - prayer

Jesus wept. Peter wept--bitterly! Peter carried with him the hurt of denying the very Son of God. Those bitter tears worked in him a sweet miracle. He came back to shake the kingdom of Satan.

Jesus never looks away from a crying heart. He said, "A broken and contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despice" (Psalm 51:17). Not once will the Lord say, "Get hold of yourself! Stand up and take your medicine! Grit your teeth and dry your tears." No! Jesus stores every tear in his eternal container.

Do you hurt? Badly? Then go ahead and cry! And keep on crying, until the tears stop flowing. But let those tears originate only from hurt--and not from unbelief or self-pity.

Life goes on. You world be surprised how much you can bear with God helping you. Happiness is not living without pain or hurt. True happiness is learning how to live one day at a time, in spite of all the sorrow and pain. It is learning how to rejoice in the Lord, no matter what has happened in the past.

You may feel rejected. You may feel abandoned. Your faith may be weak. You may think you are down for the count. Sorrow, tears, pain, and emptiness may swallow you up at times, but God is still on his throne. He is still God!

You can't help yourself. You can't stop the pain and hurt. But our blessed Lord will come to you, and he will place his loving hand under you and lift you up to sit again in heavenly places. He will deliver you from the fear of dying. He will reveal his endless love for you.

Look up! Encourage yourself in the Lord. When the fog surrounds you and you can't see any way out of your dilemma--lie back in the arms of Jesus and simply trust him. He want your faith--your confidence. He wants you to cry aloud--"Jesus loves me! He is with me! He will not fail me! He is working it all out right now! I will not be cast down! I will not be defeated! I will not be a victim of Satan! God is on my side! I love Him--and He loves me!"

The bottom line is faith. And faith rests on this one absolute: "No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper..." (Isaiah 54:17).~~~ cross

Re: World Challenge, Inc/ The Secret of Spiritual Strength ~ [Re: Abigail] #58097
07/03/10 10:37 AM
07/03/10 10:37 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

THE SECRET OF SPIRITUAL STRENGTH --

World Challenge, Inc.

~~~~~~
"For thus saith the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel; In returning and rest shall ye be saved; in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength" (Isaiah 30:15).

Here is God's secret to spiritual strength: "Quietness and confidence shall be your strength." The word for quietness in Herbrew means "repose." And repose means calm, relaxed, free from all anxiety; to be still, to lie down with support underneath.

Not many Christians today have this kind of quietness and confidence. Multitudes are involved in a frenzy of activity, rushing madly to obtain wealth, possessions and pleasure. Even in the ministry, God's servants run about worrying, fearing, looking for answers in conferences, seminars, best-selling books. Everyone wants guidance, solutions, something to calm their spirit. Yet they seek it in every source except the Lord. They don't realize God has already spoken a word for them, through Isaiah: if they don't turn to Him as their source, their striving will end in sorrow and confusion.

Isaiah describes what God's righteousness is supposed to accomplish in us: "The work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever" (Isaiah 32:17). If we're truly walking in righteousness, our lives will bear the fruit of a calm spirit, quietness of heart and peace with God.

As Isaiah looked around he saw God's people fleeing to Egypt for help, trusting in men, relying on horses and chariots. Ambassadors were coming and going. Leaders were holding emergency stategy meetings. Everyone was in a panic, wailing, "What can we do?"

Isaiah assured them, "It doesn't have to be this way. Return from your backsliding. Repent of your rebellion of trusting in others. Turn to the Lord, and he'll cover you with a blanket of peace. He'll give you quietness and rest in the midst of everything you're facing."
---------
Yes, our peace, quietness and confidence come from Jesus. cross LET'S KEEP OUR EYES ON HIM, THE AUTHOR AND FINISHER OF OUR FAITH.

Last edited by Abishag; 07/03/10 11:02 AM.

Re: World Challenge, Inc/ He Wrote Your Name on His Hand ~ [Re: Abigail] #58210
07/13/10 01:39 PM
07/13/10 01:39 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

HE WROTE YOUR NAME ON HIS HAND ~~

What incredible authority we have been given in prayer. How, exactly, do we use this authority? Through Christ's own name. You see, when we placed our faith in Jesus, he gave us his name. His sacrifice enables us to say, "I am Christ's. I am in him. I'm one with him." Then, amazingly, Jesus took on our name. As our high priest, he wrote it on the palm of his hand. And so our name is registered in heaven, under his glorious name.

"Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands;.."
Isaiah 49:16 - bible

You can see why Jesus commands us to pray in his name. He's saying, "Whenever you ask in my name, your request has the same power and effect with the Father as if it were me asking him. In other words, it's as if our prayer is being uttered by Jesus himself before the Father's throne. Likewise, when we lay hands on the sick and pray, God sees us as if Jesus is laying hands on the sick to bring healing.

This is also why we're to come boldly to the throne of grace: to receive. We are to pray with confidence, "Father, I stand before you, chosen in Christ to go forth and bear fruit. Now I make my request largely, that my joy may be full."

I hear many Christians say, "I asked in Jesus' name, but my prayers weren't answered." These believers state, "I tried to claim the power in Jesus' name. But it just didn't work for me." There are many reasons why we don't receive answers to our prayers. We may have allowed some sin in our lives, something that defiles our union with Christ. These become roadblocks that dam up the flow of blessing from him. and he won't answer our prayers until we've forsaken our sin.

Or, perhaps the blockage is due to lukewarmness, or half-heartedness toward the things of God. Perhaps we're being stifled by doubt, which cuts us off from the power in Christ. James warns, "Let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord" (James 1:6-7).

James makes it clear: "He who wavers won't receive anything of God." The word James uses for waver means "to be undecided." The truth is, when these people made their requests, they put God on trial. In their hearts, they said, "Lord, if you answer me, I'll serve you. I'll give you everything, if you'll just answer this prayer. But if you don't, I'll live my life my way."

Yet God won't be bribed. He knows our hearts, and he knows when we're undecided in our commitment to his Son. He reserves the power that's in Christ for those who surrender to him wholly. ~~ cross
---

Re: World Challenge, Inc/ The Spoils of Spiritual Warfare [Re: Abigail] #58723
08/18/10 10:17 AM
08/18/10 10:17 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

THE SPOILS OF SPIRITUAL WARFARE

“Out of the spoils won in battles did they dedicate to maintain the house of
the Lord” (1 Chronicles 26:27). -
-- bible

This verse opens to us a profound,
life-changing truth. It speaks of spoils that can only be won in battle. And
once these spoils are won, they are dedicated to the building up of God’s
house.

I believe if we grasp the powerful truth behind this verse, we’ll understand
why the Lord allows intense spiritual warfare throughout our lives. Many
Christians think once they’re saved, their struggles are over, that life will
be smooth sailing. Nothing could be further from the truth. God not only allows
our battles, but he has a glorious purpose for them in our lives.

What are “spoils of warfare”? Spoils are plunder, loot, goods taken in
battle by the victors. The Bible first mentions spoils in Genesis 14, when a
confederation of kings invaded Sodom and Gomorrah. These invaders captured the
inhabitants and plundered their possessions: “They took all the goods of
Sodom and Gomorrah…. And they took Lot, Abram’s brother’s son” (Genesis
14:11–12).

When Abram learned that his nephew Lot was taken captive, he gathered his
318-man army of servants and pursued the enemy kings. Scripture says he
overtook the invaders and “smote them…. And he brought back all the goods,
and also brought again his brother Lot, and his goods, and the women also, and
the people” (14:15–16).

Picture victorious Abram here. He was leading a long procession of joyful
people, and wagons piled high with goods of all kinds. And along the way, he
met Melchizedek, king of Salem. Scripture tells us Abram was moved to tithe to
this king of all his plunder (see 14:20). “Consider how great this man was,
unto whom even the patriarch Abraham gave the tenth of the spoils” (Hebrews
7:4).

Here is the principle God wants us to lay hold of: Our Lord is interested in
much more than making us victors. He wants to give us spoils, goods, spiritual
riches from our warfare. We’re to emerge from battle with wagonloads of
resources. This is what Paul refers to when he says, “We are more than
conquerors through him that loved us” (Romans 8:37, italics mine).

David had a reverent attitude toward spoils taken in warfare. We see it in a
decree he set forth toward the end of his life. David had just appointed his
son Solomon to follow him on Israel’s throne. And now he gathered the
nation’s leaders together to set up a divine order for sustaining God’s
house. What resources would they use for this holy work? “Out of the spoils
won in battles did they dedicate to maintain the house of the Lord” (1
Chronicles 26:27).

Let me set the scene. After every military victory, David took back spoils and
stockpiled them in abundance: gold, silver, brass, timber, money too vast to
count. And he had one purpose in mind: to use these spoils as resources for
building the temple.

When Scripture speaks of maintaining the temple, the original Hebrew means
“to repair the house, to strengthen and consolidate what was built.” These
resources were meant to maintain the temple’s original splendor.

Where is God’s temple today? It’s made up of his people—you, me, his
church worldwide. According to Paul, our bodies are temples of the Holy Ghost.
And, like ancient Israel, our Lord still maintains his temple through spoils
gained in battle. That’s why our trials are meant for more than just our
survival. Through every battle, God is laying aside riches, resources, wealth
for us. He’s stockpiling a whole treasury of goods from our warfare. And
those spoils are dedicated to building up and maintaining his body, the church
of Jesus Christ.

Think about it: For years after Solomon built the temple, it was maintained in
good order by the spoils taken in past wars. God’s house remained vibrant and
alive, because his people had emerged from every conflict not just victorious,
but rich in resources. We find this principle of “supply through battle”
throughout God’s Word.

----
Friends, we are not down here to have fun. We are here to give God glory. And we are definitely in a 'spiritual battle'!
We press on, in the Name above all other names, JESUS! prayer

Re: World Challenge, Inc/ The Spoils of Spiritual Warfare [Re: Abigail] #58726
08/18/10 04:59 PM
08/18/10 04:59 PM
CTD  Offline

Master Elite Member
An adaptation I once composed:

Let ev'ry champ from ev'ry game
Bring trophies great and small.
Yield spoil to Him who for us came,
And crown Him Lord of all.

Dark Matter + Dark Energy = Dark Truth

"We find that such evidence demonstrates that the ID argument is dependent upon setting a scientifically unreasonable burden of proof for the theory of evolution." - Judge Jones Kitzmiller case
http://www.talkreason.org/articles/Falsify.cfm

"To Compel A Man To Furnish Funds For The Propagation Of Ideas He Disbelieves And Abhors Is Sinful And Tyrannical." - Thomas Jefferson

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with his wrath?" - Thomas Jefferson
Re: World Challenge, Inc/ The Spoils of Spiritual Warfare [Re: CTD] #58728
08/18/10 08:21 PM
08/18/10 08:21 PM
Bex  Offline
Master Elite Member
NZ ****

Re: World Challenge, Inc/ The Spoils of Spiritual Warfare [Re: Bex] #58730
08/19/10 08:59 AM
08/19/10 08:59 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

My Dearest Brother and Sister-In-Christ, CTD & Bex!

Words cannot express the appreciation that I have for you two wonderful people. You bless so many people on this Herb Allure Forum, and all across the WWW.

May our Sovereign One get all glory as we go forth in His powerful Name, proclaiming the truth of His Lordship. He is King of kings, Righteous, and Just Holy Saviour of all mankind! JESUS the CHRIST!

Thank you, Thank you, and thank you again for being 'lights' for His glory and the good of His people. Jesus is coming soon!

The Lord bless you both,& Russ, Laura, and Herb Allure! cross
In Christ Alone, Abishag <><

Re: World Challenge, Inc/ A Life of Communion with our Lord [Re: Abigail] #59119
09/16/10 02:58 PM
09/16/10 02:58 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

A Life of Communion With our Lord Jesus ~
By: David Wilkerson ~

Multitudes of God’s offspring know little or nothing of a life of communion with him. Why is this so?

I believe such Christians have a sad, twisted concept of the heavenly Father. I recall Jesus’ parable about the servant who hid his talent because he had a twisted image of his master. That servant said, “I knew thee that thou art an hard man” (Matthew 25:24).

Likewise, many believers today think, “There’s no way God could ever be glad over me, rejoicing and singing in love. I’ve failed him so miserably at times, bringing reproach on his name. How could he possibly love me, especially in the struggle I’m facing now?”

I believe this is one powerful reason why so many Christians don’t want to get close to their heavenly Father. They dread drawing near to him because they sense they’ve failed him somehow. All they can conceive of him is that he’s full of consuming fire, ready to judge and condemn them.

The question for all of us today is, how can we not want to be near a Father who writes love letters to us, who tells us he yearns to be with us, who’s always ready to embrace us, who says he has nothing but good thoughts about us? In spite of our foolishness, he assures us, “Satan may tell you you’re
useless, but I say you are my joy!

You may be thinking, “Surely the Lord doesn’t rejoice over someone who’s still in sin. I can’t expect him to love me if I continue my sinning ways. That sort of thinking borders on blasphemy.”

Yes, God does love his people but he doesn’t love their sin. The Bible says he reproves every child who continues in iniquity, but he always does it with longsuffering. And after he reproves us, his Spirit fills us with a sense of his indignation over sin.

Through all of this, God’s love for us remains unchanged. The Word says, “I am the Lord, I change not” (Malachi 3:6). “The Father…with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning” (James 1:17). “I am God, and not man” (Hosea 11:9).

God forbid that his love for us should ebb and flow as ours does for him. Our love varies almost daily, going from hot and zealous to lukewarm or even cold. Like the disciples, we can be ready to die for Jesus one day and then forsake him and run the next.

I must ask you if are you able to say, “My heavenly Father is in love with me! He says I’m sweet and lovely in his eyes and I believe him. I know no matter what I go through, or how tempted or tried I become, he’ll rescue me. He’ll hover over me through it all, never allowing me to be crushed. He’ll
always be kind and tender to me!

This is when true communion begins. We’re to be convinced each day of God’s unchanging love for us. And we’re to show him we believe his revelation about himself. John writes, “We have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him” (1 John 4:16).

jesuslovesyou
-------------------------

Re: World Challenge, Inc/ The Depth of God's Love +++ [Re: Abigail] #59482
10/11/10 10:48 AM
10/11/10 10:48 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

David Wilkerson Today

THE DEPTH OF GOD'S LOVE

Paul said of God’s love: It passes all knowledge. It is broad, wide, high and deep. I want to focus on the depth of his love.
- bible
“That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith: that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height: and to know the love of Christ,which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fullness of
God.

Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us” (Ephesians 3:17-20).

Recently I’ve been receiving emails from backslidden Christians who are coming back to their first love. One wrote, “I was forgiven; I loved the Lord. But I lived for years in awful sin. Now I am back, but I can’t accept
my forgiveness. I fear God can’t forgive me the unspeakable sins in my past—awful sins. I have no peace. I can’t feel the Lord’s presence.”

Another wrote, “I’ve sinned such horrible sins. I want to get back to Jesus but I feel God despises me. I sinned against light. I’m afraid I’ll not be forgiven. I am one of the worst sinners.”

Backsliders are being stirred. Many are coming back. They are tired of falling into drugs, alcohol, lusts; tired of the world. I hear this, “I fell so deep into immorality, so deep into gross sins.” It is as if they believe God has a
line—a limit to his love and mercy—as if there is a point where he says,“You provoked me too often. You rejected all my pleas—all my warnings. But now you have crossed a line. Your heart is cold. Satan has a stronghold in your
heart.”

I believe many backsliders are too embarrassed or too convinced that they have sinned away their day of grace. They can’t conceive the Lord reaching down in the depths of their sinful condition with love and mercy.

Jonah sinned greatly, running from God’s commission. His disobedience would put the blood of many on his hands. In the belly of the whale, God was there in
the deepest depth of his sin and rebellion. (See Jonah 2) Jonah believed God had forsaken him for his sin. “You have cast me into the deep…I am cast out of your sight…I went down to the bottom…the depth closed me round about…my
soul fainted in me” (Jonah 2:3-7). When he went down to the bottom—into the lowest depth—he got a fresh touch, a special calling. He was forgiven and delivered. This proves the Holy Ghost is at work down in the depth of our
sin.
No one is too far gone; no one is cast off. The Holy Spirit is dealing with many, saying, “Repent. I am at your rock-bottom situation to bring you back.”

Nothing can separate us from the love of God. Nothing! “Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? Nay, in all these things we are more
than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature,shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 8:35, 37-39).

The blood of Jesus reaches into the depths of sin, offering freedom, pardon, mercy and reconciliation with the Father. No matter how deep you have fallen,the love and forgiveness goes deeper.

Oh, the depth of his love! ----------

YOU ARE LOVED WITH AN EVERLASTING LOVE AND UNDERNEATH ARE HIS EVERLASTING ARMS! JESUS LOVES EVERYBODY!
OH! THE DEPTH OF HIS UNFAILING LOVE!!!!!!
cross

Re: World Challenge, Inc/ VICTORY THROUGH CHRIST ! [Re: Abigail] #59523
10/13/10 11:35 AM
10/13/10 11:35 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

David Wilkerson Today

VICTORY THROUGH CHRIST! - cross

The glory of God and the worthiness of his Son are involved in his dealings with us. Hence everything that could possibly stand in the way of our eternal blessedness has been disposed of in such a manner as to secure the divine glory and furnish a triumphant answer to every plea of the enemy.

Is it a question of trespass? He has forgiven us all trespasses.

Is it a question of sin? He has condemned sin at the cross, and thus put it away.

Is it a question of guilt? It is cancelled by the blood of the cross.

Is it a question of death? He has taken away its sting and actually made it part of our property.

Is it a question of Satan? He has destroyed him by annulling all his power.

Is it a question of the world? He has delivered us from it and snapped every link which connected us with it.

Thus, beloved Christian reader, it stands with us if we are to be taught by Scripture, if we are to take God at his word, if we are to believe what he says—--

and we may add, if it be not thus, we are in our sins, under the power of sin, in the grasp of Satan, obnoxious to death, part and parcel of an evil,
Christless, godless world and exposed to the unmitigated wrath of God—the vengeance of eternal fire.

Oh that the blessed Spirit may open the eyes of God’s people and give them to see their proper place, their full and eternal deliverance in association with Christ who died for them, and in whom they have died, and thus passed out of
the power of all their enemies!

Excerpted from the writings of J.B. Stoney used in David Wilkerson’s personal devotions.
---------
I once was lost but now I'm found was blind but now I see! - signpraisegod

Re: World Challenge, Inc/ KNOWING GOD AS HE DESIRES TO BE KNOWN [Re: Abigail] #59553
10/14/10 09:48 AM
10/14/10 09:48 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

KNOWING GOD AS HE DESIRES TO BE KNOWN ~

David Wilkerson Today

-- bible

Jesus said, “He that hath seen me hath seen the Father” (John 14:9). We must see Jesus not as man teaches, but as the Spirit reveals him to us—as God wants us to know and see him! We are to get God’s vision and testimony of Christ—then we will know God as he desires to be known!

Here is how I believe God wants us to see his Son: “Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning” (James 1:17).

Jesus was a gift! God wrapped all his resources up in Jesus—“he gave his only begotten Son…” (John 3:16). Christ is God’s good and perfect gift to us, come down from the Father!

Do you see Jesus as God’s perfect gift to
you? Do you see him as all you need to live joyfully,
victoriously, righteously,full of peace and rest?

Ages ago, before you were created, God saw what your hurts and needs would be. He knew ahead of time what you would need to solve all your problems. He did not wrap up his answers and send them to you as a rule book or as an army of answer to men.”

No—he gave us all one solution to all our crises and
needs—one Man, one Way, one Answer to everything we need: Jesus Christ!

God says to you,.... "I don’t want you to live for tomorrow! You’ll only look back and see that today could have been your very best time. Jesus can’t be any better or stronger to you than he is right now. Why won’t you let me be
God to you today??"

---------
--The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand forever." Isaiah 40:8

Re: World Challenge, Inc/ Delayed Answers to Prayer [Re: Abigail] #59732
10/22/10 11:39 AM
10/22/10 11:39 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

David Wilkerson Today

DELAYED ANSWERS TO PRAYER~~

Most of us pray as David did: “In the day when I call answer me speedily”(Psalm 102:2). “I am in trouble: hear me speedily” (Psalm 69:17). The Hebrew word for speedily suggests “right now, hurry up, in the very hour I call on you, do it!” David was saying, “Lord, I put my trust in you—but please hurry!

God is in no hurry. He doesn’t jump at our commands. In fact, at times you may wonder if he will ever answer. You cry out, weep, fast and hope—but days go by, weeks, months, even years, and you don’t receive even the slightest evidence that God is hearing you. First you question yourself: “Something
must be blocking my prayers.” You become perplexed, and over time your attitude toward God becomes something like this: “Lord, what do I have to do to get this prayer answered? You promised in your Word to give me an answer,
and I prayed in faith. How many tears must I shed?”

Why does God delay answers to sincere prayers? It certainly isn’t because he lacks power. And he is most willing for us to receive from him. No, the answer is found in this verse: “He spake a parable unto them…that men ought always
to pray, and not to faint” (Luke 18:1).

The Greek word for lose heart, or faint in the King James Version, means “relax, become weak or weary in faith, give up the struggle, no longer wait for completion.” Galatians 6:9 says, “Let us not be weary in well-doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.” The Lord is seeking for a
praying people who will not relax or grow weary of coming to him. These people will wait on the Lord, not giving up before his work is completed. And they will be found waiting when he brings the answer. cross
----------
"Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you." (Jere 29:12)

"...he will be very graciuos unto thee at the voice of thy cry; when he shall hear it, he will answer thee." (Isa.30:19)

Re: World Challenge, Inc/ An Ever-Increasing Revelation of Jesus Christ [Re: Abigail] #59944
11/03/10 03:01 PM
11/03/10 03:01 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
David Wilkerson Today

AN EVER-INCREASING REVELATION OF JESUS CHRIST- bible

Ever since the cross, all spiritual giants have had one thing in common. They were in close communion with the Lord; they became lost in the glorious vastness of Christ; and they died lamenting they still knew so little of him.

So it was with Paul, with all the disciples, and with many early church fathers; with Luther, Zwingli, and the Puritans; with the pious English preachers; and with many godly leaders today.

Every one of these giants shared the same ruling passion: an ever-increasing revelation of Jesus Christ. They cared nothing for the spectacular, the earthly, the things of this world, success, ambition or worldly fame. They prayed—not for things, not for physical blessings, not to be used, not for
anything of self, but only for a fuller revelation of the glory and vastness of their Lord.

Satan is displaying greater power, and hell is unleashing all its fury on this generation. The enemy strongholds are much more fortified, powerful, and entrenched than in any past generation. Without a doubt, Satan is revealing himself to the world as never before and he is becoming better known, less
feared, and more accepted.

A basic Bible school knowledge of Christ will not be enough in this final war! Knowing about him is not enough. We need to seek for a greater revelation of the Holy Spirit. That requires much time at his table. You get to know him only by being much in his presence, only by sitting with him, hearing his voice, waiting on him for divine wisdom. Busy, preoccupied men seldom get to know him.

Paul was committed to an ever-increasing revelation of Jesus Christ. All he had of Christ came by revelation. He said, "By revelation he made known to me the mystery" (Ephesians 3:3). The Holy Spirit knew the deep and hidden secrets of
God, and Paul prayed constantly for the gift of the grace to understand and preach "the unsearchable riches of Christ" (v. 8). Paul said we have access to these glorious riches in Christ. In speaking of God's eternal purposes, he said, "In
whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him" (v. 12).

God is looking for believers who will seek a revelation of him that is all their own—a very deep personal intimacy that unlocks “the unsearchable riches of Christ.”

----PHILIPPIANS 3:10
"That I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being made conformable to His death."
cross

Re: World Challenge, Inc/ Cornelius Saved His House [Re: Abigail] #59983
11/05/10 03:05 PM
11/05/10 03:05 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

CORNELIUS SAVED HIS HOUSE
By: David wilkerson

“There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian band. A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God always" (Acts 10:1-2).- bible

The life of Cornelius proves that God seeks full-hearted devotion, obedience, and ceaseless prayer. Consider the ways in which this devoted man of God saved his house and the miracles his devotion wrought.

Cornelius was so determined that he and his house come into God’s fullness that he actually neglected eating in order to seek God. Food was secondary to his deep spiritual hunger and longing for God. Days of fasting without a corresponding hunger and thirst for God avails nothing; in fact, it is better to eat than to fast in an effort to earn blessing from heaven. But hunger for God takes the edge off the desire for food for a man with a heart in pursuit of him.

This man Cornelius should put us all to shame. He had no teaching tapes; he didn't even have a teacher. He was not a Jewish proselyte but simply a man desperate for God. What he had learned had come the hard way—no seminars, no conventions, no how-to-get-it-from-God books. He did not even have the Holy Ghost in him yet, urging him to pray and seek God's face. Yet he fasted and prayed always.

His prayer life made him a giver of alms. God still had not answered his prayer for his own household, yet he gave generously to all in need. He was not so wrapped up in his own need that it took all his time, attention and money.

Praying men always get God's attention and the praying man hears God speaking. It's been that way since the beginning.

You can save your house the same way Cornelius saved his. In a single day, with one glorious miracle, his entire household was saved and filled with the Holy Ghost. In one day his house was transformed from spiritual blindness to marvelous light and life. All because this man set out with great determination to save his house. God help us to get serious about praying for our lost family and friends. - cross

Re: World Challenge, Inc/ An Outpouring of the Holy Spirit [Re: Abigail] #60011
11/08/10 01:20 PM
11/08/10 01:20 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--An Outpouring of the Holy Spirit

“While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word…. For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God” (Acts 10:44 and 46). This is speaking of the household of Cornelius.

Think of it, a private Pentecost falling upon an entire household with everybody there lifted into the heavenlies. It was miraculous! The praises were thrilling as all the relatives and children were getting saved and filled with God's Holy Spirit. All because one man set his heart to seek God until an answer came.

And here we sit, in the day of the outpoured Holy Ghost, with many homes where there is little or no evidence of his working and presence. Many of our Christian homes are now under the control of the spirit of the world rather than the Spirit of God. Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is unity. Where he abides, there is rest and peace, unspeakable joy, and victory over the spirit of this world.

We need to take back the spiritual authority in our homes. If a Christian husband and wife are not in total unity, flowing together in the Spirit and love of Jesus, there is extreme danger ahead. One or both are not walking in the Spirit. When both are seeking God in private prayer and devotion to God, the Spirit works his wonders.

God is doing something new in the land right now. Something so powerful, so supernatural, it is terrorizing hell. The Holy Ghost has come to separate a people unto the Lord. Being successful is not nearly as important as hearing from God. To newly baptized saints, prospering means seeing Jesus in a new and living way. Houses, land, furniture, cars, clothes—all these things have lost their charm to a people now passionately in love with the Lord of glory. The Holy Ghost has come to reveal Christ as the Savior of homes—our homes!

I have seen into the spiritual world and I see demons fleeing. I see powers of darkness trembling because God's true church, a once slumbering giant, has been provoked by the Holy Ghost to shake itself and rise up and claim its place of power and authority.

Entire families, entire churches, entire ministries are being turned upside down. God is saying, "Get serious about spiritual things and I will meet your every need!" The Father is doing great things all around the world and we can be a partaker of his mighty blessing. - cross

~ David Wilkerson / November 8, 2010

Re: World Challenge, Inc/ Our Only Food! [Re: Abigail] #60027
11/09/10 01:08 PM
11/09/10 01:08 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
Our Only Food!
David Wilkerson Today

-- bible

It's true—we are what we eat. Jesus said his flesh is our meat [food]. "Except you eat the flesh of the Son of Man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you" (John 6:53).

“[They] said, This is a hard saying; who can hear it?” (v. 60). The Jews could not comprehend such a thought, and "many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him" (v. 66).

Those who relegate this eating of the Lord to the communion table alone do not understand what Jesus meant. The Lord's Supper is not just symbolic; rather, it is to remind us that he became our source of life through death. We are to come
often, daily, to eat and drink of him. The more we eat of him, the more spiritual life will be demonstrated in us. We have an open invitation to come to his table, eat, and become strong. Partaking of Christ is to feed on God’s Word and commune with him in the prayer of faith.

When sheep are not fed, they grow skeletal and weak, becoming easy prey for the enemy. Yet, I see in the land the coming forth of a remnant ministry made up of servants and handmaidens who are becoming acquainted with the Lord's own heart. The Spirit has anointed them to bring forth a seeking people who will follow them into the fullness of Christ. Their numbers are few, but growing. They have no other source of life! They are bursting forth with life because they have been in the presence of the Lord so often.

God has provided a way to make every child of his strong to resist the enemy! This strength comes from eating the Bread of God sent down from heaven. Our spiritual health and strength depends on this. Hear carefully the words of Jesus: "I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me" (John 6:57).

Jesus was in such close union with the Father, so committed to doing only the his will, that the Father's words became his very food and drink! He was daily sustained by hearingand seeing what the Father wanted, the result of spending much time alone with him.

Jesus once told his disciples, "I have meat to eat that you know not of.... My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work" (John 4:32,34). Jesus further said, “Labor not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat [food] which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you” (John 6:27).

We dare not miss this secret of strength! Even as Christ lived by the Father, so must we get our life by feeding on him. Get alone with the Lord and spend quality time in his presence. He wants to feed your hungry soul and guide you through these perilous times. God will always manifest his presence when you seek him with all your heart. - cross ~~~~~~~~~

Re: World Challenge, Inc/ Nothing can separate us from God's love! [Re: Abigail] #60206
11/19/10 03:42 PM
11/19/10 03:42 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

World Challenge, Inc.
David Wilkerson

Dearly Beloved:

Paul said of God's love that it passes all knowledge. It is broad, wide, high and deep. I want to focus on the depth of his love.

"That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith: that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height: and to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all fullness of God. Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us" (Ephesians 3:17-20). bible

Recently, I've been receiving emails from backslidden Christians who are coming back to their first love. One wrote, "I was forgiven; I love the Lord. But I lived for years in awful sin. Now I am back, but I can't accept my forgiveness. I fear God can't forgive me the unspeakable sins in my past--awful sins. I have no peace. I can't feel the Lord's presence." Another wrote, "I've sinned such horrible sins. I want to get back to Jesus, but I feel God despises me. I sinned against light. I'm afraid I'll not be forgiven. I am one of the worst sinners."

Backsliders are being stirred. Many are coming back. They are tired of falling into drugs, alcohol, lusts--tired of the world. I hear this: "I fell so deep into immorality, so deep into gross sins." It is as if they believe God has a line drawn--a limit on his love and mercy--as if there is a point where he says, "You provoked me too often. You rejected all my pleas, all my warnings. But now you have crossed a line. Your heart is cold. Satan has a stronghold in your heart." I believe many backsliders are too embarrassed about their past or too convinced they have sinned away their day of grace. They can't conceive the Lord reaching down into the depths of their sinful condition with love and mercy.

Jonah sinned greatly, running from God's commission. And his disobedience would put the blood of many on his hands. He was convinced God had forsaken him for his sin. "You have cast me into the deep...I am cast out of your sight...I went down to the bottom...the depth closed me round about...my soul fainted in me" (Jonah 2:3-7).

Yet, in the belly of the whale, God was there in the farthest depth of Jonah's sin and rebellion. When Jonah went down to the bottom--into the lowest depth--he got a fresh touch, a special calling. He was forgiven and delivered. This proves the Holy Ghost (Holy Spirit), is at work down in the depth of our sin. No one is too far gone; no one is cast off. The Holy Spirit is dealing with many, saying, "Repent. I am with you in your rock-bottom situation, to bring you back."

Nothing can separate us from the love of God. Nothing! "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, no things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 8:35, 37-39).

The blood of Jesus reaches into the depths of sin, offereing freedom, pardon, mercy and reconciliation with the Father. No matter how deep you have fallen, his love and forgiveness go deeper.

Oh, the depth of his love!- cross

Thank you so much for remembering our ministry worldwide to the poor, the needy, the widowed and fatherless. For information on these efforts and others, go to <www.worldchallenge.org>.

In Christ,
David Wilkerson
Nov. 2010

Re: World Challenge, Inc/ Going Through a Dry Spell / David Wilkerson [Re: Abigail] #60750
12/28/10 02:22 PM
12/28/10 02:22 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
David Wilkerson Today

GOING THROUGH A DRY SPELL

Even though I preach to thousands, there are times I feel very dry, far away from the warm presence of God. When I’m dry and empty, I have no great yearning to read the Word and little compulsion to pray. I know my faith is intact and my love for Jesus is strong, and I have no desire to taste the things of this world. It’s just that I can’t seem to touch God for days,
maybe even weeks.

Have you ever watched other Christians get blessed while you feel nothing? They testify of God’s answers to their prayers and shed tears of joy. They seem to live on a mountaintop of happy experiences while you just plod along, loving Jesus but not setting the world on fire.

I believe all true believers experience dry spells at various times in their Christian lives. Even Jesus felt the isolation when he cried aloud, “Father, why have you forsaken me?”

Without the nearness of God, there can be no peace. The dryness can be stopped only with the dew of his glory. The despair can be dispelled only by the assurance that God is answering. The fire of the Holy Spirit must heat the
mind, body, and soul.

There are times I feel unworthy, like the worst kind of sinner, but in spite of all that, I know he is not far off. Somehow I hear a distinct, small voice calling, “Come, my child. I am aware of all you are experiencing. I still
love you and I will never leave you nor forsake you. We will face it together because I am still your Father and you are my child.” I have a flame in me that will not be smothered and I know he will bring me out of any dry spell.

---- bible
“For the Lord’s portion is his people; Jacob is the lot of his inheritance. He found him in a desert land, and in the waste howling wilderness; he led him about, he instructed him, he kept him as the apple of his eye” (Deuteronomy 32:9-10).

“Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert. The beast of the field shall honour me, the dragons and the owls: because I give
waters in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert, to give drink to my people, my chosen” (Isaiah 43:19-20).
---
"I will never leave you nor forsake you." JESUS
cross

Re: World Challenge, Inc/ These men have been with Jesus... [Re: Abigail] #61364
02/08/11 11:54 AM
02/08/11 11:54 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

THESE MEN HAVE BEEN WITH JESUS
-- cross
In Acts 3, we find Peter and John going to the temple to
worship. Just outside the temple gate sat a beggar who had been crippled from birth. This man had never walked a step in his life. When he saw Peter and John, he asked them for alms. Peter answered him, “Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee” (Acts 3:6). Peter then prayed for the beggar, saying, “In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth., rise up and walk” (3:6). Instantly, the man was healed! In utter joy, he began running through the temple, jumping and
shouting, “Jesus healed me!

Everyone in the temple marveled at the sight because they recognized the man as the cripple. When Peter and John saw the crowds gathering, they began preaching Christ. Thousands were saved. Yet, while Peter and John were preaching, the synagogue rulers “came upon them, being grieved” (Acts 4:1–2). These high
and mighty men asked the disciples, “By what power, or by what name, have ye done this?” (4:7). Peter was emboldened by the Holy Ghost. He answered the rulers, “His name is Jesus Christ of Nazareth, the man you crucified just three weeks ago. God raised him from the dead. And now he’s the power that healed this man. No one can be saved by any other name. You’ll be lost if you don’t call on Christ’s name” (see 4:10–12).

The rulers sat stunned. Scripture says, “They marvelled [admired them]; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus” (4:13). The phrase took knowledge comes from a root word meaning “known by some distinguishing mark.”

What was this mark that distinguished Peter and John? It was the presence of Jesus. They had Christ’s own likeness and Spirit.

Those who spend time with Jesus can’t get enough of him. Their hearts continually cry out to know the Master better, to draw closer to him, to grow in the knowledge of his ways. Paul states, “Unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ” (Ephesians 4:7; see
also Romans 12:3). What is this measure Paul speaks of? It means a limited amount. In other words, we’ve all received a certain amount of the saving knowledge of Christ.

For some believers, this initial measure is all they ever desire. They want just enough of Jesus to escape judgment, to feel forgiven, to keep a good reputation, to endure an hour of church each Sunday. Such people are in “maintenance mode.” And they give Jesus only the bare requirements.

Paul desired the following for every believer: “And he gave some apostles..…prophets..…evangelists..… pastors and teachers; for the perfecting of the saints till we all come ithe knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: that we
henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men…whereby they lie in wait to deceive; but speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ” (Ephesians 4:11–15).

Paul was saying, “God has given these spiritual gifts so that you may be filled up with Christ’s Spirit. This is crucial, because deceivers are coming to rob you of your faith. If you’re rooted in Christ and maturing in him, no deceptive doctrine will ever sway you.

Yet, the only way to grow to such maturity is by wanting more of Jesus.”
jesuslovesyou

Re: World Challenge, Inc/ How Big is Your Christ?/ Trust Him [Re: Abigail] #61582
02/22/11 01:51 PM
02/22/11 01:51 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

HOW BIG IS YOUR CHRIST?
By: David Wilkerson ~
- cross
“If you ask anything in my name, I will do it” (John 14:14). We show the measure of our Christ by what we ask in his name. We are told to ask largely and to expect great things. We show forth the greatness of Christ by the greatness of our
supplications. We have so little of Christ because we ask so little.

We limit our supplications to material things. True, we are to make our needs known. But to ask only for food and shelter is to diminish our vision of his greatness.

The kingdom of God is “joy, peace in the Holy Ghost!” We serve a triumphant Christ—and we are called to share in the triumph. Do you have joy, peace in the Holy Ghost? Do you go to his throne, asking for joy and peace? Do you ask the Father “in the name of Jesus”?

Christ did not triumph for himself. He did so for you and me. So we get the benefit from it. Do you ask for more of Christ’s likeness? Do you ask in faith, in Jesus’ name, for the promised rest in Hebrews?

God is waiting for and desiring greater requests. Asking “in Jesus’ name”is an invitation to share in God’s great goodness laid up for those who believe and who ask largely. Ask today for an ever increasing spirit of rejoicing, even in your most trying times.

What about the hungry crowd of 5,000 in the New Testament when Jesus asked his disciples what they should do? In other words, show me your plan to feed them. What can be done to meet this crisis? He tested their faith.

All along, Jesus had a plan! Who in that mass of people could have conceived of feeding them with five loaves of bread and two fish?

Beloved, God has a preconceived plan for every situation in your life. You may be able to think of ways God could solve your crisis—but God’s Word tells us that the human mind cannot conceive the ways of God.

God will not tell us what his plan is. He will not even give us a hint. He insists on our having faith in his promises, his majesty, he past miracles on our behalf. His Word to us is: Believe! Your Lord has a way prepared—and he has the power to fulfill his plan. He would love to pull back the curtain and show us a passing view of his invisible ways—but he cannot.

Faith is evidence that cannot be seen. There can be no
rest for us in our fiery trials until we fully believe he stands ready—in readiness to do the unthinkable, the impossible.

Our part is to simply trust he will perform what he promised. --

Re: World Challenge, Inc/ We Exalth the Name of Jesus Christ our LORD! [Re: Abigail] #61851
03/10/11 01:45 PM
03/10/11 01:45 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

WE EXALT THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD!
By: David Wilkerson / World Challenge ~
-- grouppray
Somebody reading this needs a touch from Jesus. When the Lord ministered here on earth, he went about healing and restoring the afflicted by simply touching them. When Jesus touched Peter’s mother, “the fever left her.” He touched the box casket of a dead child, and the boy came to life. He touched the eyes of blind people, and they could see. He touched the ear of a deaf man, who could suddenly hear. Parents brought their children to Jesus “that he should touch them.” His gentle touch changed everything. Multitudes brought their sick and infirm, and Jesus took the time to reach out and touch them all, healing them.

If you truly know the Lord intimately, you have known and felt the touch of the hand of Jesus. In times of loneliness, times of discouragement, times of confusion, times so painful and uncertain, you cried out from the depth of your soul: “Lord Jesus, I need your touch. I need to feel your presence. Come, Jesus, and touch my thirsting soul.”

Some need a touch of Jesus upon their mind. Satan has come with his wicked principalities to harass and overburden the mind with thoughts that are hellish – unbelieving thoughts, unChristlike thoughts, fearful thoughts, thoughts of unworthiness, thoughts of God’s displeasure. Honest believers will tell you they have experienced these attacks on their mind. Satan is determined to destroy our faith and dependence on the Lord.

In Scripture, the touch of Jesus came in answer to a cry. There is no evidence he ever ignored or rejected such a cry. And he will not turn away from your cry, but will mercifully respond to your need. In Matthew 8 we read of a leper coming to him, saying, “Lord, if thou will, thou canst make me clean.” Jesus stretched out his hand and touched him, saying, “I will; be thou clean. And immediately his leprosy was cleansed.”

Find a place alone with Jesus today, and say to him what the leper said: “Lord, you are able. Make me clean.” Then expect that he who is no respecter of persons will touch and heal you, in mind, body, soul and spirit. The arm of the Lord is outstretched to you, but he waits for that cry of need, the cry for help that is also a cry of expectancy.

“And the Egyptians evil entreated us, and afflicted us, and laid upon us hard bondage; and when we cried unto the Lord God of our father, the Lord heard our voice, and looked on our affliction, and our labour, and our oppression: and the Lord brought us forth out of Egypt with a mighty hand, and with an outstretched arm, and with great terribleness, and with signs, and with wonders: and he that brought us into this place, and hath given us this land, even a land that floweth with milk and honey” (Deuteronomy 26:6-9).
---GOD IS ABLE! cross

Re: World Challenge, Inc/ Safe From Judgment / David Wilkerson [Re: Abigail] #61941
03/15/11 12:38 PM
03/15/11 12:38 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

SAFE FROM JUDGMENT

The blood of Christ cleanses from all sin-—it is our atonement.

But first of all, it is our security. It is God's way of securing to himself a people ready for a full deliverance. Remember, on the night of the Passover the Israelites were safe but not yet delivered. They still had to face a Red Sea, a
wilderness, warfare with giants, imposing walls, and enemy strongholds.

I am convinced that before I can do battle against
principalities and powers,before I can resist lust and temptation (our modern giants), I must have the knowledge that under the blood I am secure! Though I am not yet fully delivered, I am out of judgment. The fleshly enemies loom ahead, but the blood has made me a safe soldier.
- cross
You cannot fight giants, pull down strongholds, or stand against overwhelming odds unless there is an assurance of absolute security under the blood. No matter what my heart says, no matter how guilty or condemned I feel, no matter what whispering voices I hear, I must know, beyond a shadow of doubt, that I am safe! I am not going to judgment, because the blood on the door of my heart secures me in His sight.

We are always questioning our safety. If God based our security on our love for Him or on personal goodness, we would be in more danger than those who broke the Law, for under grace there is a higher claim. God must take security out of our hands so that it stands on his pure mercy and grace alone. Not our devotion, our obedience, or our goodness—but only on His mercy. Obedience and devotion are the results of our love for Christ.

It was not the unleavened bread that saved the children of Israel, but the blood. Not one Israelite moved "in and out" of safety because of some personal fault. They were all safe until judgment had passed. Obedience was 'to apply the
blood to the doorpost'. We are called to confess and trust Christ’s redeeming blood.

God never intended for his children to live in fear, with anxiety or guilt. He prepared a rest for them, the perfect, absolute security of the blood of his own dear Son. By his gracious act, God was saying to Israel, "Now that you
see I have secured you and removed you from fear of judgment, let Me deliver you bodily. I secured you to make you holy."

The inalterable fact is, not one thing can be added to Christ’s blood to make us more secure! The blood perfectly shelters us, makes us acceptable to God, and saves us from wrath. The apostle Paul states, “Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him” (Romans 5:9). ------

Re: World Challenge, Inc/ God Is A Rewarder [Re: Abigail] #62075
03/24/11 06:52 PM
03/24/11 06:52 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

GOD IS A REWARDER
By: David Wilkerson ~~

There is little purpose in prayer if we do not fully believe God is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him.

I am persuaded that God delights in giving tokens of his goodness to his beloved children. David the Psalmist insisted that God is bountiful and inclined to compassion, that his mercy is great, and that it is impossible for him to reject any who implore his help. He rejoices in pardoning sins-—he is
always propitious.

One of my favorite passages of Scripture is Psalm 31:19-20,

“Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for
them that fear thee; which thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men. Thou shalt hide them in the secret of thy presence from the pride of man: thou shalt keep them secretly in a pavilion from the strife of tongues.”
--- bible
Think of it! First God says we must believe he is a rewarder of faith—-then the Psalmist tell us, “Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear him…and who trust him.”

A storehouse of great goodness—goodness laid up for his people, not only in glory but now, in our daily walk!

I pray this daily: Lord, you promised to reward my faith if I will trust you before the sons of men, but I need what you promised. I need fresh strength, and new hope, more of the peace that passes all understanding. Lord, I ask only for what you have promised. It is the highest goodness to have a fresh manifestation of your sweet presence. This is what I desire as my reward." prayer

Re: World Challenge, Inc/ Knowing the Voice of the Lord [Re: Abigail] #64999
11/28/11 07:21 PM
11/28/11 07:21 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-KNOWING THE VOICE OF THE LORD!
[May 19, 1931 - April 27, 2011]

Because of the sinfulness of the priesthood and the people, God was not speaking to Israel. bible The Bible says, “And the word of the Lord was rare in those days; there was no widespread revelation” (1 Samuel 3:1). Yet, in the middle of this famine of the Word, the Lord appeared to the young Samuel: “The Lord called Samuel [who] did not yet know the Lord, nor was the word of the Lord yet revealed to him” (3:4, 7).

Samuel was only twelve years old and although he was a devout child, he did not yet recognize the voice of the Lord. So God came to Samuel’s bedside and called to him audibly. At first Samuel thought Eli was speaking; he did not know he was being trained to discern voices—to hear directly from God!

God was not speaking to the priest, Eli, who had grown deaf to His voice! In fact, it seems that only one prophet was hearing from God—the unnamed man who warned Eli that God was about to cut him off (1 Samuel 2:27-36).

Hearing from God takes more than quiet time alone. It takes more than simply saying, “Speak, Lord, for your servant hears!” No, there is not a formula for hearing God; there are not ten steps to follow. Before you can hear God, He has to be talking to you—and He talks to those who have prepared their hearts to hear!

Samuel had no deep theological knowledge of God when the Lord first spoke to him. But he had a tender, pure, devoted heart that was open to the Lord. So, what do you think God taught Samuel first after speaking to him?

The Lord told Samuel, “I’m going to judge Eli because he knew his sons were wicked, but he did nothing to restrain them! They should have been stripped of their robes and told, ‘You can’t go near the holy place!’ Now, Samuel, I want to show you My hatred for sin in My house. I want to show you what it’s going to take to hear My voice and walk with Me” (see 3:11-14).

It is no wonder the Bible says Samuel spoke such sure words—he had heard the voice of the Lord! He spent much time shut in with Him, praying, seeking Him, and God spoke clearly to him at all times.

There are people right now who have been trained to know God’s voice. These praying saints pour out their hearts to Him—and in turn He pours out to them!
-------

Re: World Challenge, Inc/ The Crucified Militant [Re: Abigail] #65505
01/12/12 12:24 PM
01/12/12 12:24 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
-THE CRUCIFIED MILITANT
-By: David Wilkerson

“He was oppressed and He was afflicted,
Yet He opened not His mouth;
He was led as a lamb to the slaughter,
And as a sheep before its shearers is silent,
So He opened not His mouth” (Isaiah 53:7).
bible

Christ was a true militant—
Fighting for other men’s rights,
Driving money changers from God’s church
And letting the oppressed go free;
Yet He Himself was oppressed . . .
And afflicted,
Misunderstood and rejected.

His own rights were denied Him:
A jury perjured Him.
Priests aroused the silent majority
With lies and half truths.

He was brought as a lamb to the slaughter.
They plucked His beard
And spit on His face.
The highest court in the land
Was prejudiced against Him;
Yet this mighty militant
Opened not His mouth
And in his sorrow claimed no rights.
He poured out His life
As an offering
To justify the rights of all men.
---
Thank you, Lord Jesus for dying that we might be saved.
--(John 3:16)

Last edited by Abigail; 01/12/12 12:27 PM.

Re: World Challenge, Inc/- A Reservoir of Living Water [Re: Abigail] #65543
01/18/12 10:00 AM
01/18/12 10:00 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-A RESERVOIR OF LIVING WATER

“Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, and whose hope is the Lord. For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, which spreads out its roots by the river, and will not fear when heat comes, but its leaf will be green, and will not be anxious in the year of drought, nor will cease from yielding fruit"
(Jeremiah 17:7-8).
bible

Consider the one who trusts God in the hard places:
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, and whose hope is the Lord" (v. 7).

This Christian is "planted." He has roots, stability, a reservoir of living water. He is always "spreading out," fruitful and green with fresh life. Scripture says, "[He] will not be anxious [fearful] in the year of drought . .
." (v. 8). When things get intense and bothersome, he will not be afraid!

This person says, "Jesus, I give up looking to any person to bring me out of my trial. You are my only hope. I look to You to bring me out of this!" The Lord desires this kind of faith from us in everyday matters. You may oject, "But,Brother Dave, I'm still unemployed, still having trouble." I still must believe God's Word: "Trust Me, and you'll be blessed!"

You may answer, "But I don't know what I'm going to do. It looks so hopeless. I don't see any sign of help or
deliverance!" To all these things God still says,
"Trust Me, My child, and you'll be blessed!"

It does not matter whether your trial is with your family, with your business, or provision. If you put your total trust in His Word and His faithfulness, God has promised to bless you—and He cannot lie! When the heat comes, you won't
even be bothered. When the wind comes, you'll stand strong, because you will have learned to trust Him. You'll be a green tree bearing the abundant fruit of confidence—and everyone around you will be given hope and encouragement as they behold your quiet trust.

-GOD IS FAITHFUL! cross "The righteous cry, and the LORD hears and delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the LORD delivers him out of them all." (PSALM 34:17,18,19)

Re: World Challenge, Inc/- Our Inheritance Is In Christ [Re: Abigail] #65641
01/30/12 04:36 PM
01/30/12 04:36 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-Our Inheritance Is In Christ

Paul gives us a list of those who will not inherit the kingdom of God:

"Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, not adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God" (1 Corinthians 6:9-10).

But then the apostle adds: "And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God" (verse 11).

How did these people who were saved out of such horrible sin become righteous before God? What happened to them that they no longer were evil but, rather,were accepted by God?

First of all, God is no respecter of persons. He is not at all impressed by a person’s title or earthly honor—whether a king, a queen, a president or a prime minister. And second, God is not charmed by any goodness in us.

Long prayers, fasting, tithing, Bible study, benevolent acts—none of these makes us righteous or acceptable to God. Even our "good" flesh—good character,speech, thoughts and deeds—are a stench in His nostrils if used as a plea for our own righteousness.

When Jesus went to the cross, He crucified our "old man" of the flesh. There is only one Man left, only One whom God will deal with—and that is His Son.

When Jesus finished His work on earth and sat down at the right hand of the Father,God said, “From now on I recognize only one Man, only one righteousness.
Anyone who comes to Me must come through Him—My Son. All who would be righteous must accept His righteousness and no other!"
We are accepted in God's eyes only by faith in Christ and His work: "He made us accepted in the Beloved" (Ephesians 1:6).

Do you see how important it is to abide in Jesus, to come to Him quickly whenever you fail? You must learn to run to Him, crying, "Jesus, I have failed You! I cannot work this out. No matter what I do, I can never be recognized before the Father, except as I come to Him in You!"
-------------------

Re: World Challenge, Inc/- He Delights in Mercy [Re: Abigail] #65740
02/07/12 08:34 PM
02/07/12 08:34 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-HE DELIGHTS IN MERCY

“Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it." bible
--(Hebrews 12:11).

God is talking about His own heart here, as well as ours. His chastenings are not joyous to Him, but grievous and painful. Yet when God moves in to judge, He hovers over His children as He chastens them. He looks for even the slightest sign of sorrow or repentance and He lets up at the first inkling of one. He longs to say, "Enough—no more. It pains Me too much to punish you."

Beloved, you must come to grips with this matter of God's pain. When others are trying to hurt you, you have to bring your thoughts into captivity, and say, "Oh, Lord, let me pray for my enemies, for those who are trying to wound me."

God loves the most wicked, vile sinner on the street and if He loves that person, how much more does He love the Christian who hurts you and has made himself your enemy?

Perhaps you have an idea by now of how far we are from the heart of God. We have so much yet to learn of His heart. No, He does not delight in judgment. He takes no pleasure in the destruction of the wicked, nor in His chastening of His
children. On the contrary, it pains Him awfully.

Let me tell you what the Lord delights in:

"Who is a God like You, pardoning iniquity and passing over the transgression of the remnant of His heritage? He does not retain His anger forever, because He delights in mercy. He will again have compassion on us, and will subdue our iniquities. You will cast all our sins into the depths of the sea" (Micah 7:18-19).

Thank God for His great compassion, available to all. He delights in mercy!

Re: World Challenge, Inc/- Daniel's Repentant Heart [Re: Abigail] #66302
03/21/12 10:27 AM
03/21/12 10:27 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-DANIEL’S REPENTANT HEART

----- bible
Daniel, a righteous man, had such devotion that you would not expect to find him repenting. Daniel's heart, however, was sensitive to sin and also he identified with the people's sins.

"O Lord, to us belongeth confusion of face, to our kings, to our princes, and to our fathers, because we have sinned against thee. . . . We have sinned, and have committed iniquity, and have done wickedly, and have rebelled. . . .
Neither have we hearkened unto thy servants the prophets, which spake in thy name to our kings, our princes, and our fathers, and to all the people of the land" (Daniel 9:8, 5-6).

Daniel repeatedly used the words 'we', 'us', 'our'. He was saying, in essence: "Every one of us is affected!"

The key to it all is found in this verse: "And whiles I was speaking, and praying, and confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel, and presenting my supplication before the Lord my God for the holy mountain of my God" (Daniel 9:20).
["While I was still speaking in prayer, then the man Gabirel, in whom I had seen in the vision previously, came to me in my extreme weariness about the time of the evening offering." ]
(Please read the rermaining verses of Dan 9:22-27.)

Daniel said, "God, deal with me while You are dealing with Your people. If there is any iniquity in my heart, bring it out.”

Daniel was given new lips that had been touched by God's purging hand: "And, behold, one like the similitude of the sons of men touched my lips: then I opened my mouth, and spake" (Daniel 10:16). Whenever Daniel spoke, he spoke "as unto the Lord."

-Isaiah was a godly man who had issued mighty prophecies, but when he stood before the Lord in all His holiness, this prophet could only say, "I am a man of unclean lips . . ." --(Isaiah 6:5).

God took coals of fire from the altar, put the tongs on Isaiah's lips, and burned out all self and flesh—everything that was unlike Him. And then He gave Isaiah a new pair of lips! I believe the prophet never again had to have his lips purged.

God does this for every person who repents! Once your tongue and lips are purged, you will never again want to speak anything that is unlike Jesus. The words that flow from you will be pure!
---------------------
starOur sovereign God is a God of compassion, loving kindness, and forgiveness. And YES, he is holy, righteous, and just. Please DO NOT stop praying for the Lord to forgive our land, the USA, and forgive us for all the innocent blood shed, in allowing abortions to be performed. ABORTION MUST STOP! It is up to us, His people, to pray for the USA.
Let us also pray against same-sex marriage. God loves the sinner but He hates the sin. All sin is an abomination against our Holy, just, and righteous God.

Re: World Challenge, Inc/- Our Inheritance Is In Christ [Re: Abigail] #66579
04/10/12 11:39 AM
04/10/12 11:39 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-IN CHRIST

-- cross --
I believe that justification by faith is the foundational truth of Christianity. You cannot know true rest and peace until you are convinced you can never be made right in God's eyes by your own works of righteousness.

If you don't understand the perfect righteousness of Christ that is yours by faith, you will lead a life of toil and sweat. You'll spend your days trying to please God through legalistic, hopeless attempts to establish your own
righteousness. But the truth is, you'll never have any righteousness to bring to the Lord!

No doubt you are familiar with the passage in Isaiah that says all our righteousness is as filthy rags in God's sight (see Isaiah 64:6). This does not mean God despises our good works — not at all. We should do good works, but if you think your good works merit your salvation, that they allow you to stand
holy before God, then they are nothing but filthy rags!

You may feel good because of the good works you do and even enjoy a moment of victory whenever you resist temptation. You feel righteous, that God's favor is on you.

The next day, however, you fail. You fall back into a sin and suddenly you lose all your joy. You think the Lord is angry with you and wonder if you have lost your salvation.

It is a roller-coaster ride of emotional highs and lows — of up-and-down, hot-and-cold, sin-and-confess — according to how good or bad you think you have been on any given day. It's a life of misery because you are trying to please God in your flesh!

Beloved, no righteousness of the flesh will ever stand before God. Even the best people among us, the most moral, godly saints, have fallen short of God's glory. None of us can ever be accepted in the Father's eyes by our good works.

We are accepted by Him only as we are in Christ!
"For ye are all one in Christ Jesus" (Galatians 3:28).

When we turn to Jesus with saving, self-emptying faith, we become one in Christ. Being "in Christ"
means God credits Jesus' righteousness to us. All our sins are washed away because of His work, not ours!

~~~~~~

Re: World Challenge, Inc/- Our Greatest Comfort [Re: Abigail] #66711
04/19/12 12:09 PM
04/19/12 12:09 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-OUR GREATEST COMFORT

It was necessary for Jesus to take on human nature so He could go through everything we do on earth — rejection, pain, sorrow, temptation. Though He was God in flesh, cross He endured the whole human experience not as God, but as a human, with all our frailties. That enables Him, our High Priest, to pray for us with tremendous sympathy: "For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour [relieve, aid] them that are tempted" (Hebrews 2:18).

Consider a dear, struggling sister. She loves Jesus but she is feeling discouraged, cast down, rejected. She thinks, "I've been deeply hurt and I have no one to talk to who really understands." Sometimes she wonders if God can forgive her for having such weak faith and she is on the brink of giving up.

Satan stands beside her, accusingly saying, “Look at this one! She has virtually no faith. What kind of Christian is she, God?”

Jesus sees her hurt and feels her pain. He knows that her faith is weak, that she is on the verge of giving up, so He comes before the Father on her behalf and begins to intercede:

"Father, I know what she feels because I've been there. I was rejected by My own flesh and blood. I was mocked by the religious crowd. Soldiers spat on me and put thorns on My head. I even cried, 'Why hast thou forsaken Me?' I
sympathize with this woman, Father, and I have washed away her sins. I know she still has a heart for Me."

This is where Jesus' prayers for us come in: "Father, I would that she be forgiven for her discouragement. I would that she be given a new supply of grace from on high. Let the Holy Spirit come upon her with a special renewing of encouragement and give her a spirit of peace and rest. She is Mine, Father, and Satan cannot have her!"

Suddenly, out of nowhere, the woman feels encouraged. Grace is given to her through the prayers of our High Priest. He is touched by the feelings of our infirmities and He acts in mercy.
--------
-Stay real close to the Lord Jesus! The devil knows his time is short. Read the 23rd Psalm. ( perhaps, memorize it.)

Re: World Challenge, Inc/- HE STILL PRAYS FOR US! [Re: Abigail] #66802
04/25/12 10:01 AM
04/25/12 10:01 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-HE STILL PRAYS FOR US

--[May 19, 1931 - April 27, 2011]

Zechariah 3 describes a high priest named Joshua standing before the Lord, and Satan standing at his right hand to oppose him. Also present was an angel, who had to be Christ because angels do not judge. bible

Joshua was a real man, not just a type of Christ. He was the high priest during the time of Ezra and Nehemiah. In Ezra 10:18 it appears that Joshua had married a heathen woman; at that time, the worst way a Jew could defile himself was by
marrying a Gentile.

"Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel"(Zechariah 3:3). Joshua stands before the throne in his filthy garments, and the devil is at his side, accusing him. Satan argued: "This man has broken Your law and sinned against You." The devil's accusations were correct: Joshua had sinned and now Satan claimed Joshua for himself.

Beloved, this is exactly what happens with us. Satan comes before the throne of grace to accuse us. He points at us and says, "You know all things, God, and You see the compromise in this one's life. If You are just, You must give me his soul." In Revelation 12:10, Satan is called "the accuser of our brethren” and he stands before God right now to oppose you and me — to accuse us of sin.

That is when Jesus, our Advocate, steps up and says, "It is true, Father. He has failed but there is faith in his heart — faith in the power of My blood. I have paid for every sin he has or ever will commit." Jesus then turns to those standing by, "Take his filthy garments and put My robe of righteousness upon his shoulders."

Jesus said to Satan, "The Lord rebuke thee, O Satan . . . Is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?" (Zechariah 3: 2). What a picture! The devil was forced to leave with a sound rebuke and Joshua walked away with a pardon, a new garment and a crown of righteousness on his head.

"If any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous" (1 John 2:1).
Jesus has been in glory for these 2,000 years praying for us and He is still praying for us. / prayer AMEN!

Re: World Challenge, Inc/- PAID IN FULL! [Re: Abigail] #66826
04/26/12 10:10 AM
04/26/12 10:10 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-PAID IN FULL

Once a year, the high priest went into the Holy of Holies to make atonement for Israel's sins. After sanctifying himself — bathing (purifying) himself thoroughly — he took with him the blood of a bullock and a golden censer (or cup) held by three chains. The priest then removed some coals from the altar,
put them in the censer, took a handful of incense and went into the Holy of Holies.

Inside the Holy of Holies was an ark. Atop it was the mercy seat and on either side of the seat were two golden cherubim, whose wings spread over it. The mercy seat represented the very presence of God where the Lord sat on His throne.

The high priest took the handful of incense and threw it on the fire in the censer. Suddenly, a beautiful aroma filled the tabernacle. The priest waved the censer in front of the ark until the mercy seat was enshrouded in a cloud of aromatic, sweet incense.

Beloved, this is a perfect illustration of what Jesus has done for us and is doing right now. cross First, it signifies Jesus' death and ascension to the heavenly Father as our High Priest. Second, this scene of atonement further signifies the time when Jesus began to pray for us, interceding to the Father on our behalf.

The initial work of Jesus' intercession was the sprinkling of His blood on every bond and debt we owed. A bond is "a sealed note of debt or obligation that is binding upon the debtor and his heirs." The devil once laid claim to you because you were dead in trespasses and sins.

There must be a cavern somewhere in the bowels of hell containing a mountain of records that are due, including your note and mine. The notes read, "You must pay with your life — and the price is eternal damnation."

But Jesus was given the keys to hell's vault! Our High Priest went down to the very pits into that place of records and opened up the vault. He began flipping through the records
and pulled out our notes — all the bonds, debts and obligations of those who believe in Him and who will yet believe.

Jesus gathered all those notes and took them to glory. There, in the presence of the Father, He sprinkled His blood over them, announcing, "These debts are paid in full by My own blood."
-----
Please, if you have not surrendered your life to the Lord Jesus, do not let another day pass before doing so. Your eternal security in Heaven has been paid by the shed blood of Jesus. He Paid your (and my), sin debt. We must claim it and walk in victory! JESUS IS LORD!

Moderated by  CTD