here is the link - the story is below it.
http://members.tripod.com/KBS/index-amalgam.html

MY STORY

AMALGAM SHOCKWAVES!

You may ask me, " why are you creating this page"? And I will tell you that it is because I don't want ANYONE to go through what I have gone through in the last several weeks! Unfortunately, many more will suffer with an array of symptoms which a Dr. or Dentist will label "psychosomatic" or "sensitive".

What are the symptoms? Who can have them? Where do I go for help? Now, what can I do?

I will attempt to link you to places that have helped me in my healing process from amalgam poisoning. And I will keep you updated on my progress as well, for I know it helps to know you are NOT alone! Karen

Please sign my guestbook and share your experience!

Approximately 23 years ago, at the age of 18, I had extensive dental work done. This included 12-13 amalgams. Must have been that "dorm food" or lack of it! Two years later, married and just having delivered our oldest child, I became ill. The tests showed nothing and for 4 years I suffered with the symptoms of hypothyroidism. Finally discovered by an antibody test, I was placed on Synthroid. Meanwhile, 2 more children and 9 years later, I came down with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. It was a stressful time in my life and I was very ill. Diagnosed by a Rheumatologist, he said there was no cure. But since I am a Christian, I dared to believe what God says is true! After 7 long, fatiguing years, I was miraculously healed at a church meeting on Jan.3,1995. Read "The Lord My Healer".

I had felt GREAT since that time until...

December 1996, I had 2 amalgams placed and didn't feel well. I told my dentist and he switched anesthetics and placed 4 composites. I felt fine. In March, I had the same anesthetic but 2 more amalgams. I was so sick! I was in tears for 2 days, I had a jittery feeling, anxiety, panic attacks, depression, headaches, jaw and toothaches, muscle weakness and burning sensation. So 2 days later, my dentist removed those 2 amalgams. Immediately my resting pulse dropped from 102 to 80 and the symptoms subsided.

Since this time, I have had several of these symptoms come back to haunt me, especially around the 18th day after removal. Some days I feel fine, other days, I do not. But I do feel that I am making progress because...

I have a support group on line, I am taking Super Food with Glutathione and vitamins, milk thistle, Cellular Defense {antioxidants}, New Life intestinal cleanse, including psyllium seed. These products are TeamUp products {for more product info. e-mail me}. All of this is helping in my recovery.

As you can see, I had been exposed to mercury over a long period of time and my body overloaded, causing thyroid problems, possibly also being a factor in CFS and in the illness I am suffering now. Many others are sick and suffering...without a clue.....

Update{4-24-97}: I am feeling better, but I am now experiencing hair loss, allergy to gold, and have had to increase thyroid medication. And I have noticed excess salivation and metalic taste in my mouth. And the saga continues...

There are still 12 large amalgams in my mouth and I must decide whether to have them removed or wait to replace them as they need repair.

Update{5-03-97}: I feel like I have come up out of a dark well! There is still a gold allergy but only slight. The metalic taste has subsided, and so has the excess salivation. My thyroid has normalized and I am back to my normal dosage. But I have recently noticed a lined rash on the palms of my hands which is sore. The headaches are gone and tooth and jaw aches are only occasionally. The hair loss has subsided also. So...I must be doing something right! More next week!

Update{5-10-97}: I'm feeling great! The rash comes and goes now and the pain is minor, I had one day with jaw pain last week. Some hair loss persists. The program with TeamUp seems to be working! I continue on the products mentioned above, and feel better than I have in years! I have incredible energy and a sense of well-being...I feel like a kid again! This tells me that my body was depleted of key nutrients for a long time!

Update{5-16-97}: This week, my dentist replaced 2 lg. and 1 med. amalgam, which were leaking and had decay underneath. They are now composite material. I had NO apparent reaction to amalgam removal. The only side effect was a sore under my tongue and a swollen gland. Other than that, I am doing well!

Update{5-23-97}: Except for a few days of tiredness, my week went well! My teeth are still sensitive to cold, but other than that, I am still feeling very well and continue on my TeamUp program.

Update{6-4-97}: I am still feeling better. Although, at times, I still experience cold and heat sensitivity in the new composite fillings where amalgams were placed and 2 days later removed. Superfood is my TeamUP mainstay now and I have tapered off of the milk thistle. I now have 2 large amalgams left along with 6 medium and 2 small. And I will replace them as needed.

Update{6-24-97}: It has been a difficult 2 weeks... headaches, pain in my arms and legs, fatigue, bloating... I again increased milk thistle, ginko and pau'd arco.

Update{7-1-97}: Migraine headaches brought on by mercury poisoning. Nothing seems to help.

Update{7-13-97}:The last 4 weeks has been rough, migraines everyday...nothing relieved the pain. Then I discovered vit.A & E and an antioxidant formula with grape seed, also Natural Immunity drops with echinacea. The headaches responded within minutes and are subsiding now.

Update{8-4-97}: Am feeling much better! The headaches are gone. But I seem to not do well in our hot {90-100 degree} weather. I don't tolerate it as I used to. I am trying a new herb, astragalus membranaceus, and it seems to make me feel better. Properties are to boost the immune system. See the herb link to find out more!

Update{8-24-97}: Have felt well enough to start walking again. I wake up with sore muscles in the morning but continue to improve!

Update{9-13-97}: I am feeling better than I have felt in MANY years! I have LOTS of energy and attribute much of this to taking astragalus and milk thistle once every day and to the fact that I have less amalgam in my mouth than I've had in 23 years {10 left}! I still have a slight allergy to gold jewelry but am having none of the other symptoms described above!

Update{9-24-97}: Recently suffered a setback and am just coming out of the latest bout. I am suffering from allergies and chemical sensitivities for the first time in my life. I am allergic to grass and lycra/rubber now. But I still am improving, slowly. I am watching my diet and am careful what I eat!

Update{11-01-97}: Am continuing to recover but have had to discontinue the herbs at this time. Most of my symptoms are gone but still have an occasional reaction to gold. My head is clearer than in YEARS! Thank you to all my friends on THE AMALGAM LIST. I have learned so much from you!

Update:(3-01-98) I am feeling better than in years! It is amazing what removing poison does for someone! I have added one thing to my program and that is EssPro 7 natural progesterone cream which has increased my energy even more and also greatly lessened the difficulties of PMS and fibroids! It really works!

Update: (5-24-99) We recently found out our trailer was full of formaldehyde which was making me sick also. We have since moved and I am feeling better because of the move.

Update: (4-13-2000) I am now under the care of an Environmental Medicine doctor who is treating me for adrenal insufficiency, pancreatic enzyme deficiency and Chemical Injury / Multiple Chemical Sensitivity. I hope to have all my amalgams removed by the end of this year!

Update: (7-13-2000) Just had my first quadrant of amalgams removed. They are using many precautions as amalgam free dentists. I am very pleased with the results and am doing okay!

Update: (8-9-2000) Had my last major appointment removing the upper right quadrant. I have only one more amalgam to be removed in the upper left side and also have a ceramic overlay to be placed next month. Since my last appt. I feel better, more of a sense of well being, not so tired, more positive in my attitude. Seem to bounce back better after stress!

Update: (9-5-2000) Had my last amalgam removed today! So I am completely amalgam free! Thanks to all the hard work of Dr. David Buck of Seattle and Terry, his assistant!

Update: (9-28-2002) Over the last two years, we have moved across the US, gotten new jobs and found a new place to worship. I am now working full time and feel almost whole again. I have energy I thought I would never experience again! I'm still dealing with chemical sensitivities but have improved so much. The best decision I ever made was to remove my amalgams!!!

Thank you for listening and now explore these links!