Please link to this page using this simple URL:
http://urlbam.com/ha/M001d

My Experience With Mercury Toxicity
by Matteo, Brazil

Submitted March 2, 2005

I am writing this story to give my contribution in spreading the word about the terrible consequences of mercury. The major mercury sources today are "silver fillings", which are about 50% mercury and, to a lesser degree, fish consumption. I am now convinced without doubt that mercury fillings were (and still are, although it's getting better after removal) the source of my problems. I will try to limit the point of this writing and avoid talking about the absurdity of placing entire grams of mercury in peoples mouth, when one gram of mercury may be enough to poison a whole small lake. But I suggest you research on the argument if you have not done already since it might be of vital importance. Anyway, I will proceed describing with my personal experience.

As too many boys I had the first mercury filling installed when I was 10, then I got about 1 more every year for 8 years (up to 8 big fillings). I complained many problems in my teenage years (I'm 23 now) that I now recognize as due to the mercury. The following is a list of the symptoms I experienced starting from 12. I remember them very clearly since they were so prevalent that they really characterized my teenage years.

The first symptom I remember was an uncontrollable thirst. I remember precisely the day (around 12?) where I realized that I was abnormally thirsty all the time. One of the effects of mercury in the blood is increasing thirst. This is because body tries to get rid of it as it does with most poisons, i.e. filtrating the blood with the kidneys. So I started drinking a lot, but this didn't help much... I remember I started becoming always fatigued, I had problems in running and playing as my friends, my heart was beating too fast. I also started experiencing many digestive problems and diarrhea. I started to get shy and thoughtful. I lost attention towards the real world and started wondering in my brain.

One day (when I was about 15) I noticed that what I eat had a great impact on my health: particularly I noticed that meat and fruit could relief some of my problems, while pasta and bread would make me easily sick... In the following years I experimented so much with the diet but eventually I always came back to meat and fruit. Please notice that I did not read anything about nutrition in those days, I was just following my impressions. Now I understand that fruit contains vitamin C that helps tremendously to reduce the mercury in the blood to a less damaging form and meat has some proteins and aminoacids that are essential for detoxing. I also started buying meat for myself because if I didn't eat meat often I would get pretty sick. (which is pretty crazy for a teenager living with his family).

Another very bad problem that I recently recognized due to mercury was-is cold hands and feet. Not only they got easily freezing, they started assuming a red-purplish color that was particularly evident when I exercised or heated them. Also my face got (and still gets) completely red when I exercise. Now I finally recognize this as acrodyinia, a disease caused by mercury that affects extremities making them painful, cold and cyanotic.

Another minor symptom that I started getting around 12 was light sensitivity, I always wore the darkest sunglasses and got crazy without them. This symptom somehow disappeared with time.

Ability to think abstractly, necessary for school, was apparently not impaired. Mercury perhaps supports a reflexive, thoughtful nature to some extent. But terribly impaired was my attention for what was happening around me and my sense of orientation (which ultimately made me give up driving). Also the ability to understand speech was subnormal.

As the years passed I also started having serious pain in the heart some times. Also I was found protein in the urine, indicator of some kidney damage (and a typical symptom of mercury poisoning). I also started to get eczema on the face and some dandruff.

After a while diet alone did not help enough so I started getting into studying nutrition and getting supplements, since I was thinking that my problems could be caused by nutrient deficiency. I noticed the good effects of vitamin C on overall well being sense and particularly my heart. Still I felt my health continuing to deteriorate.

Luckily at that point I had internet, so I was often visiting health websites for a clue on what might be the problem. Finally one day I found one where it mentioned the fact that silver fillings were really mercury fillings and could be dangerous. Thank god I noticed that information. So after many google searches and much time spent in front of the screen I knew much about it and was totally shocked by what I found... a whole world of poison hidden by the dentists... The good thing about the internet is that you can get many, many opinions on a subject, based on different arguments. Now, if you confront the arguments used by the pro-amalgamists and the anti-amalgamists it really makes you laugh how anyone can defend the myth of safe amalgams. Just use google. Don't trust the authority if its arguments are ridiculous.

Still I did not know if mercury was the main cause of MY problems, but I decided to have my amalgams removed and replaced right away. For me, it was an easy decision: even if mercury was not the main cause, it is certainly dangerous and the expense of about 1200$ is justified. While if it is indeed the cause of my problems that expense is more than justified.

Luckily I found a great dentist in Italy (where I live) that was not too expensive and had years of experience replacing them and used many security devices in order to minimize exposure to mercury for the patient. I did not suffer particular side effects the days of removal. The few days after I was very happy and feeling better. But I was a bit disappointed when the weeks after I did not look to improve much.

The fact is that mercury is different from most poisons: most poisons are cleared very fast from the blood system and eliminated through urine, so as soon as the intake stops, the poisoning stops. Mercury instead is cleared extremely slow from the blood, and accumulates in the tissues. When you exercise or eat some kind of food, some mercury goes from tissues in the blood and makes you feel particularly sick. I finally realize this is the reason why I always had problems exercising and it would make me sick for many, many hours after. Particularly my heart would suffer and I would experience that terrible "thirst" feeling. Taking vitamin C during and after exercise helps tremendously with this. But now, 6 months after, I feel my health is slowly but steadily coming back! I cannot stress enough the role of diet in detoxing: vitamin C, selenium, B vitamins (especially folic acid, really important and very often deficient in the diet, and a must if you eat much meat like me), iodine, copper helped me the most. vitamin C and selenium are very good for keeping blood mercury low. Sometimes I can really feel my heart beat slower and more steadily when I take them, since they counteract the mercury. Another thing mercury destroys and helped me supplement are essential fatty acids, you can get omega 3 in fish oils and omega 6 in vegetable oils such as corn oil.
It might be still a long way to go, but I feel the trend is definitely positive :-)

I hope that one day amalgams will be banned worldwide and nobody will have to suffer pointlessly. In the meanwhile what we can do is spread the word.

Matteo, Brazil

The Captian
Today they call you "crazy". Tomorrow they call you "ahead of your time."
Global Skywatch Learn about Chemtrails - You're breathing them now!
OnlyTheBestHerbs.com World-class supplements
Mercury Talk Why you are sick.
OneUp Domains Domains, Hosting, Email
1-800-358-4278 (U.S. & Canada)