News you won't see in controlled mainstream media.

Circle-of-Life Forums - Welcome
Open-Source News, Natural Health, Recipes, Freedom, Preparedness, Computers, Technology, Movies, Reviews, History, Wisdom, Truth
See All Social Media We Are On | Trouble viewing videos? Use FireFox instead of Chrome.
Mercury Detox & Amalgam Fillings Forum

The Mercury Detox & Amalgam Fillings Forum

Detoxing Heavy Metals, Removing Amalgam Fillings, Understanding Mercury Poisoning

Our Most Popular Videos, Audio Clips, and Articles

Text
Text

views

Secret News
News you won't hear in controlled mainstream media.
Video Document
Video

views

CFL Bulbs: Are They Safe?
An experiment exposing the serious danger of compact fluorescent bulbs.
Video Document
Video

views

Mercury From Canned Fish Contaminating Your Kitchen
Open a can of fish and you begin breathing mercury vapor.
Website
Website

(remote)

views

Spraying the Skies with Toxic Metals
Have you heard about the epic crime of human history?
Video
Video

views

The Global Depopulation Agenda Documented
A MUST-SEE lecture for every parent!
Video
Video

views

What In the World are They Spraying?
Vaccination via the air for everyone, every day!
Video
Video

views

The
A 2-minute explanation of the global warming lie.
Video
Video

views

Global Warming: The Other Side
The Weather Channel founder exposes the GW lie.
Video
Video

views

Know Your Enemy
A revolutionary look at Earth history.
Video
Video

views

Mystery Babylon
The grandmother of all conspiracies.
Video
Video

views

The Power Behind the New World Order
An essential video for all wishing to understand.
Video
Video

views

Global Warming: Is CO2 the Cause
Dr. Robert Carter tells the truth about global warming.
Video
Video

views

All Jesse Ventura Conspiracy Theory Episodes In One Place
Easily find the episodes you want to watch.
Text
Text

views

New Study Steers Mercury Blame Away From Vaccines Toward Environment: But Where's It Coming From?
New study steers mercury blame away from vaccines.
Text
Text

views

Revelation 18:23 What does "sorcery" really mean?
Text
Text

views

The Leading Cause of Death Globally - Likely Has Been for Decades
Modern medicine leading cause of death globally?
Video
Video

views

Lies In the Textbooks - Full Version
Blatant, intentional lies in American textbooks.
Text
Text

views

Stop Chemical and Biological Testing on U.S. Citizens
Testing on U.S. Citizens is perfectly legal today.
Text
Text

views

Do Vaccines Cause Cancer? Cancerous Cell Lines Used in the Development of Vaccines
DOCUMENTED! Cancerous cell lines used in vaccines!
Video
Video

views

Italian Doctor - Dr. Tullio Simoncini - Reportedly Curing 90% of Cancer Cases
Italian Doctor makes history & gets license revoked.
Video
Video

views

Apollyon Rising 2012 - The Final Mystery Of The Great Seal Revealed: A Terrifying And Prophetic Cipher, Hidden From The World By The U.S. Government For Over 200 Years Is Here
The Final Mystery Of the Great Seal of the U.S. Revealed
Video
Video

views

Invisible Empire - New Epic Video about the New World Order
Epic Video about the New World Order.
Video
Video

views

The Lie of the Serpent: Dr. Walter Veith Examines the New Age Movement's Relationship to the New World Order
The New Age Movement & The New World Order
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Whitewater, drug smuggling, and the bloodiest campaign trail in history
Text Document
Text

views

Secret News
Professional actors in politics and media
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The biggest conspiracy of all: Keeping it all in the family
Text Document
Text

views

Secret News
Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP): The language of politics
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Congressman Sherman tells it like it is; Is anyone listening?
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The only way to ensure privacy is to remove your cell phone battery
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Rep Kapture reveals epic crimes that remain unpunished
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The reason so many are sterile, sick and dying today
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Former U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney Says "No Evidence" for Bin Laden Involvement in 9-11
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The highest elected U.S. officials make sure they are exempt from justice.
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The murder of JFK cleared the way for the communist globalist agenda
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The world's largest military contractors exposed in "Iraq For Sale"
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
A paradigm-changing video that everyone must see.
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
This is a chilling video that exposes the use-or misuse-of the word "force" in HR1955
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
A Hollywood producer told about 9/11 before it happened
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
How many other news stories have been faked that we don't know about?
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Texas legislators on both sides of the iasle voting for each other
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper and Australian Prime Minister John Howard give the same speech
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Why are are few (not all) police working to promote hate and violence?
Text Document
Text

views

Secret News
New grassroots movement protects U.S. citizens against unlawful police action
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Russ), 1,179 guests, and 36 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Left Sidebar Ad
Popular Topics(Views)
338,500 DOES GOD EXIST?
253,792 Please HELP!!!
161,718 Open Conspiracy
106,393 History rules
98,519 Symmetry
87,604 oil pulling
Support Our Forum
Herbs/Nutrition
Only The Best HerbsOnly The Best Herbs!
Your best source of world-class herbal information! More...
Mercury Detox
Amalgam Illness: Diagnosis and Treatment by Dr. Andrew Cutler#1 Book We've Found!
"Silver" fillings, mercury detox, & much more. More...
Algin
AlginFor Mercury Detox
Prevent mercury reabsorption in the colon during detox. More...
Mercury Poisoning
DMSA, 25mg.Softcover & Kindle
Excellent resource for mercury detox. More...
DMSA 100mg
EDTA 500mg
DMSA, 25mg.For Mercury Chelation
For calcium chelation and heart health. More...
Vaccine Safety?
Vaccines: The Risks, The Benefits, The Choices by Dr. Sherri TenpennyMust for Every Parent
The most complete vaccine info on the planet. More...
Stop Candida!
Candida ClearFinally.
Relief! More...
Saying NO To Vaccines
Saying No To Vaccines by Dr. Sherri TenpennyDr. Sherri Tenpenny
Get the info you need to protect yourself. More...
Nano-Silver
Amalgam Illness: Diagnosis and Treatment by Dr. Andrew CutlerWhat everyone's talking about!
Safe, powerful, timely! More...
World's Best Vitamin E
Vitamin E wih SeleniumThere is a difference!
A powerful brain antioxidant for use during Hg detox. More...
It's All In Your Head
It's All In Your Head by Dr. Hal HugginsThis changed my life!
This book convinced me remove my fillings. More...
World's Best Multi
Super Supplemental - Full-Spectrum Multivitamin/Mineral/Herbal SupplementThis is what we use!
The only multi where you feel the difference. More...
Understand Hair Tests
Hair Test Interpretation: Finding Hidden Toxicities by Dr. Andrew CutlerHair Tests Explained!
Discover hidden toxicities, easily. More...
GABA
GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid)Have Racing Thoughts?
Many use GABA for anxiety and better sleep. More...
Pet Health Charts
Pet Health Charts for Dogs, Cats, Horses, and BirdsHelp Them!
Natural health for pets. More...
The Companion Bible (Hardcover)
The Companion BibleThe Bible We Use!
King James with study notes by Bullinger. More...
The Companion Bible (Softcover)
The Companion BibleThe Bible We Use!
King James with study notes by Bullinger. More...
Sweet Remedy
Sweet RemedyFood Additives
Protect your family from toxic food! More...
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
LindaLou's chelation experience #47806
02/25/09 10:19 AM
02/25/09 10:19 AM
Kitsune  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
Leicester, England **
Hi -- I started talking in a thread here called "Chelation with ALA alone" but since I'm not doing that now, I thought it would be better to start a thread with a more accurate title.

This is day two of my first proper chelation round in a year. I had apparently hit what Cutler calls the "stall period," when organs are dumping mercury but symptoms don't feel like they're improving. I'm not entirely sure what happened to me last year but I lost heart and stopped, thinking if I treated my adrenals and thyroid that might be all I needed. It wasn't, so here I am again.

I started chelating again because I put something in my system that stirred mercury up. I think it might have been some digestive enzymes. Not sure why that happened but I figured I had nothing to lose by doing a chelation round.

I now feel the same as I did a year ago, before I stopped chelating and I sunk into a year-long spell of deep, numb depression. I feel more alive and alert. More "myself." My dose is only 12.5mg ALA and 6.25mg DMSA, so I'm heartened that I seem to be getting results with so little; maybe it means my body is ready to dump this stuff. I'm getting mild headaches, stomach aches and fatigue, but it's all manageable. It isn't so nice having to wake up in the middle of the night again to take a dose, but it's a small price to pay.

I lost my appetite when I started chelating (I tried ALA alone first but it made me quite sick). Now I'm on day 4 without sugar and I'm feeling effects from that too -- jittery and low, pessimistic mood. I've been having problems with sugar for a long time too, it was a crutch when I felt poorly or didn't know what else to do to get well. I am pleased to be trying to clean my diet up but I think I'll have to prepare for some troublesome withdrawal symptoms first. I'm not hungry but cravings today are becoming irritating.

All in all though, a very positive start. All of this is preferable to how I was feeling. I was so dead and numb inside.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Kitsune] #47807
02/25/09 11:18 AM
02/25/09 11:18 AM
JK98  Offline
Master Elite Member
NYC ***
You didn't mention what your weight is. Most of my adult life I was around 40 pounds or more overweight. During the past two years when I was on a low carbohydrate diet, I became underweight. I mentioned this since carbohydrates are necessary to produce serotonin, and if your serotonin levels are low, you will feel depressed. Licorice root helps boost serotonin levels, and helps improve mood. Cinnamon helps stabilize blood sugar levels. It is important to get enough calories, and make sure you don't become underweight. Eating more frequently but less at each meal will help keep your blood sugar levels more stable. More recently I added bread and pasta back to my diet, and have gained around 10 pounds from my low. I am happy at this weight, and don't want to gain anymore.

I think my new emphasis on mineral supplementation has been a great help. In addition to the vitamins and herbs I take, I am also taking magnesium, iodine, iron, calcium, copper, molybdenum, and selenium. I think tese minerals are so important, especially since I have read that chelation can decrease mineral levels. I also think that at least part of my fatigue problem was due to mercury in my thyroid displacing iodine. High levels(some recommend up to 50 mg a day) of iodine helps to dislodge mercury from the thyroid. Coper is necessary for hemoglobin production, although some mercury toxic people have too much copper. I am taking just 2mg of copper at a time, and just on the days when I am not chelating. I am afraid to take more than around 15 mg a day of iodine. I am also more careful now about making sure to take in enough salt. It is easy for me to forget to add salt to my food.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: JK98] #47809
02/25/09 11:33 AM
02/25/09 11:33 AM
Kitsune  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
Leicester, England **
Hi JK -- yes, this sounds like you're supplementing well. I'll have to look myself into how much iodine to take; I'm hesitant to take too much because I am on a thyroid med. My weight-? . . . after eating so much sugar for so long, I'll let you have a guess at that one. I'm getting my carbs from vegetables; I get a bad stomach ache if I eat "brown" carbs or lentils, my system doesn't miss them.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Kitsune] #47810
02/25/09 12:12 PM
02/25/09 12:12 PM
JK98  Offline
Master Elite Member
NYC ***
Thyroid meds might work much more effectively with iodine supplementation, so a smaller dosage of them might be needed over time. The physician who prescribed the thyroid meds probably won't like the idea of you taking large doses of iodine without his permission. It is best to increase iodine dosage gradually, and since you are on thyroid meds it is probably better to take a more conservative iodine dosage. Another thing to keep in mind is that mercury binds with selenium and makes it unavailable, and that selenium is necessary to convert T4 to T3. So those who have a below normal temperature when waking up might greatly benefit from selenium supplementation.

"My weight-? . . . after eating so much sugar for so long, I'll let you have a guess at that one. "

I went from being quite overweight to being a bit underweight for a while. Some here are overweight, while others are underweight. Mercury seems to mess up hormone levels, so many who are mercury toxic have trouble keeping their weight within a desired range. When I was off wheat my weight got quite low, even though I was eating many calories(a huge amount of nuts).
I felt hungry all the time though. I might eliminate wheat from diet again, as I have been starting to gain weight recently. I would like to keep my weight stable, and not have it increasing or decreasing.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: JK98] #47820
02/25/09 05:15 PM
02/25/09 05:15 PM
Bex  Offline
Master Elite Member
NZ ****
Carbohydrates are readily available in foods. The point of the diet is reduce or avoid the foods containing high amounts of them, which in turn potentially feed candida. I have had no such depression or what you've mentioned from reducing high carbs in my diet JK. In fact, because of high carbohydrates, I was in a much worse state. Though getting off sugar, wheat/gluten and yeast improved me - it was not enough later on when I had other issues happen (virus etc). Because of sugars/high carbohydrate foods, I had been feeding my candida and in turn, I lost my appetite and lost weight and became underweight.

When I went on the proper diet and reduced the high carb foods as well and started to consume more protein in meat and eggs and upped my healthy fat intake (butter etc), my weight normalised. I am now neither underweight nor overweight and my diet consists of meat (chicken, beef, liver, lamb etc), eggs, low carbohydrate vegetables, yoghurt (sugar free acidophilus) and some raw nuts (almonds/brazil) and I consume herbal or black tea as liquids and vitamin drinks.

The problem is, some people may not consume enough proteins and good fats with such a diet and I think they are very necessary. They allowed me to gain a normal amount of weight, yet not put on too many pounds.

I am 5 foot 5 and approximately 9 and 3/4 stone (maybe about 130 something pounds - 60 something kg) Thereabouts. Sometimes it goes down a bit, or over a bit, but it remains more-a-less balanced.

My weight because of this has remained stable throughout and my appetite has increased to becoming more healthy and normal. High carbohydrate foods did not do this for me, either they caused me to become overweight, or underweight. My moods were not helped by high carbohydrate foods. My energy levels were even worse! If that's possible. Even consuming a piece of fruit will cause a massive relapse. that's how serious it is for me.

you can get alot of energy from proteins/fats. You only have to read Dr Weston Price's studies in the healthiest cultures around the world.

This diet actually helped balance out my mood and alleviate depression and loss of appetite. However, since a bout of probiotics, I have been a mess, so right now I can't confidentally claim much at all. BUT, I HAD been doing fine on the diet up until that point! Though cheating on the diet brought pretty dire consequences - getting back on the diet and recovering and maintaining that allowed me to do a course and start studying. I had not been doing anything in YEARS. It allowed me to feel more energetic and I was able to study more.

However, as I said, a load of probiotics changed all that. Not sure how, but whatever it's done or erupted has been nightmarish and it's not something my already challenged system by other problems was obviously able to handle. I feel the candida is worse than ever because of it, OR something else has occured.

But certainly I know of a number of people consuming a low carbohdyrate diet with plenty of protein and fats who feel better than they have in years. Some gain cures, others like myself with more underlying problems going on may only find it a help to manage their condition better, rather than a cure.

Sorry to hyjack the thread here Linda. I am very happy to hear you are gaining symptoms from the chelation. This is a good sign and it appears it may also be helping you! This is encouraging news. Keep it up!

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Bex] #47821
02/25/09 06:01 PM
02/25/09 06:01 PM
Kitsune  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
Leicester, England **
That's fine Bex. I am of the same opinion as you. I was introduced to the paleolithic or "stone age" diet on a withdrawal and recovery list for people on psych meds. It's used by many as a very healing diet. I register as a "protein type" in Dr. Mercola's metabolic profiling system and that certainly suits me. "Carb types" are quite a minority of the population -- these would be people who do well on the high carb, low fat diet that is regarded by the mainstream as healthy. If I can keep my diet clean then I won't be eating very differently from you, apart from some cheese and maybe the odd thing from a recipe book -- if I maintain some motivation while not chelating. Sometimes homemade mulligatawny soup is a real treat. Or chicken soup made with homemade broth.

As for the chelation experience . . . it's bringing the insomnia back like an old acquaintance I was glad I thought I'd seen the last of. I'm dozy in the evenings, wide awake early in the morning. I'm quite irritable now, I've gone numb inside again, I'm fatigued, and my stomach is constantly complaining. It's still manageable though, and not different from what I used to experience on chelation. I'll be happy to take a break of a few days after tomorrow.

They're being very helpful on the FDC list too. Someone has recommended animal-based digestive enzymes; they think some of the sulphurous plant-derived enzymes in the ones I tried might have been what upset me. It would be helpful to have a chemistry degree to talk there or to understand Andy's book properly. I'm just glad they're there to help; I don't mind occasionally taking their word for it.

They also linked to a message from the autism forum where a mother said her son had stopped making progress after improving in the initial few months of chelation. Andy wrote that it was normal for this to happen 9-15 months after the beginning of chelation. Like I said, I wish I'd known this before; maybe I would not have spent a whole year feeling so poorly and getting on meds that I wish I hadn't taken. Live and learn, as they say, and I did learn some useful things. I'm just thankful my body seems to be ready to start dumping the mercury again.

Last edited by LindaLou; 02/25/09 06:06 PM.
Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Kitsune] #47836
02/26/09 10:44 AM
02/26/09 10:44 AM
Kitsune  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
Leicester, England **
Day 3 of chelation. Quite fatigued now. My 10-minute bike ride home from work was interesting. The energy just didn't exist in my muscles and I ended up walking my bike up very gentle hills.

Mental symptoms are becoming more intense. I'm more forgetful. Don't feel like being around people, they irritate me. I've developed this sense of inadequacy, especially at my job, which has always been a sensitive point with me in this area anyway. My self-confidence has flown out the window and it seems like everybody is better than me at everything. I remember feeling like this as a child. I've always blamed my parents for it and certainly they contributed their share, but I wonder if all those amalgams in my first teeth had something to do with it too.

The truth of this is still so amazing: I've been poisoned. Millions of people have been poisoned. And people are by and large blind to it because dentists and scientists and the government are by and large blind to it too. 100 years from now people will be horrified that mercury was put in people's mouths.

Back to my own experience -- deep down there's still a sense of calm and purpose. My symptoms are a long way from getting the better of me, I recognise them for what they are, and I don't feel the necessity to reduce my dosage. Having said that, I think it's going to be a while before I consider increasing it.

I'll add posts if anything different happens, but this is the way I expect my rounds will go for the foreseeable future. I think I'm making good progress.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Kitsune] #47837
02/26/09 11:28 AM
02/26/09 11:28 AM
G
gdawson6  Offline
Advanced Master Member
The day after stopping chelation I always feel lonely and sad. I just deal with it, I know its just thanks to the mercury. It is amazing, especially once you see how many people have at least some level of poisoning. Not many are as sick as us, but the quality of life for so many is affected.

Looks like your on the road to recovery LindaLou, I feel like I am too. I still find it amazing that so many people just deal with the symptoms and never try to find the cause, never try to find why their life feels so out of balance.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: gdawson6] #47840
02/26/09 12:01 PM
02/26/09 12:01 PM
jammes  Offline
Graduate Member
hope all people on this board will recover..

What are your remaining symptoms linda, gdawson?

My symptoms are: depression, absent-mindedness, concentration problems, brain fog, tiredness, food allergies, balance problems, feeling weird....

Gdawson, did you notice a difference when you had the small piece of amalgam removed?

Last edited by jammes; 02/26/09 12:03 PM.

Jammes Recommends: Try Cutler Chelation.

if you are hg toxic try DMSA. If that doesn't do it try ALA. If that still doesn't do it you are not toxic or there is a hidden source of exposure.

moderate poisoning: 50 Rounds ALA
severe poisoning: 80-150 Rounds ALA
Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Kitsune] #47841
02/26/09 12:29 PM
02/26/09 12:29 PM
JK98  Offline
Master Elite Member
NYC ***
Linda, the 2 to 1 ratio, taking ALA at double the DMSA dose seems like a good idea. I think you need to focus on detoxification though, so that you could tolerate larger doses. That is what I am doing for myself. It is not easy though.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: jammes] #47842
02/26/09 12:32 PM
02/26/09 12:32 PM
G
gdawson6  Offline
Advanced Master Member
I do feel a little different...not necessarily better, but certainly didn't give me any instant fixes. I wasn't expecting it too though, another year of chelation with ALA/DMSA and I think I should feel healthy...and then after another year of chelation I should feel like superman.

My symptoms: ADD, achy back and shoulders, low body temp, chemical sensitivity (somewhat severe), sun sensitivity, excessive urination, intolerance to cardio excercise (running, biking), digestive issues, very sweaty feet...etc...etc...

Besides all of that, the last year has been the happiest year of my life. I'm 23 and suprisingly strong, intelligent, and healthy looking...but obviously am poisoned, and have been since I was a wee little boy, but I still expect a full recovery in less than 2 years.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: gdawson6] #47843
02/26/09 12:44 PM
02/26/09 12:44 PM
JK98  Offline
Master Elite Member
NYC ***
Gdawson, at least you are attacking this illness at an early age. Unfortunately I was sick for so many years before having my amalgams replaced. How many did you have? I had 25 of them in my mouth for so many years. I have most of the symptoms you have, although the low body temperature doesn't seem as bad as it was after a few weeks of 15 mg a day of iodine. Excessive urination might be due to taking too many herbs that are diuretics, or too much B vitamins(B vitamins are powerful diuretics). Urinating plenty is good for detoxification, as long as you are replacing the water and minerals that are lost. Are you taking huge doses of B vitamins?

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: gdawson6] #47844
02/26/09 01:01 PM
02/26/09 01:01 PM
Kitsune  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
Leicester, England **
My remaining symptoms? Depression, emotional numbness, fatigue, occasional insomnia and anxiety, no libido, low body temperature, irritability, little desire to be around people, lack of motivation. Before I started chelating again, I honestly felt dead inside, like I wasn't experiencing life but just going through the motions, forcing myself to do everything but never enjoying it. When my amalgams were removed the insomnia was much worse and I had awful brain fog. I'm certainly in a better state now, but it's easy to say that -- as soon as I started chelating a few days ago, I felt better (despite the chelation symptoms, if that makes sense).

There are other factors involved with this though. When I discontinued my antidepressant 3 years ago, my body was damaged further. I developed exercise and heat intolerance. Summer days with no air con are torture. And the emotional numbness got a lot worse. I was hoping that adrenal and thyroid support would help but they don't seem to be doing much. Also, I'm on Day 5 without sugar and I imagine that's helping me too.

A year ago when I chelated, I was on 100mg ALA and 50mg DMSA without any trouble. No one who is toxic can start on those doses though. I'm happy where I am and I'll work my way up gradually. If I tried any sort of detox apart from the sugar one, and what my body does naturally with my supplements, I think it would just put more stress on me. It's best not to tinker with too many things at once.

Hey gdawson, I like your attitude smile

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: JK98] #47845
02/26/09 01:05 PM
02/26/09 01:05 PM
G
gdawson6  Offline
Advanced Master Member
I drank a lot of fluids and peed a lot since I was little. Its the same when I was not taking b-vitamins or using herbs. Probably a mild case of diabetes insipidus.

My body temp has improved a lot in the past year. Very grateful for that. Thyroid glandular has helped. I did take a lot of iodine in the past year as well...but still sensitive to it.

I am attacking this at an early age, but honestly it attacked me first. College was horrendous and I dropped out from feeling totally isolated and extremely depressed. I had 10 large amalgams in my adult teeth...many as a child (guessing a dozen), and everything got worse after I got braces when I was 15.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: gdawson6] #47846
02/26/09 01:12 PM
02/26/09 01:12 PM
jammes  Offline
Graduate Member
what dosages ala/dmsa you taking gdawson?

if you are hg toxic try DMSA. If that doesn't do it try ALA. If that still doesn't do it you are not toxic or there is a hidden source of exposure.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: jammes] #47847
02/26/09 01:18 PM
02/26/09 01:18 PM
G
gdawson6  Offline
Advanced Master Member
I can tolerate 25mg ala/ 12.5 mg dmsa for 3 days...but prefer 5 day rounds with 12.5 mg of each.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: gdawson6] #47848
02/26/09 01:30 PM
02/26/09 01:30 PM
jammes  Offline
Graduate Member
dawson, you eating wheat/gluten? i found a lot of my symptoms are caused by a gluten allergy.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: jammes] #47852
02/26/09 01:45 PM
02/26/09 01:45 PM
G
gdawson6  Offline
Advanced Master Member
No gluten...

I was having a hard time digesting anything and struggling with digestive symptoms regardless of what foods I ate. I was losing too much weight and couldn't eat enough calories without feeling ill. So I posted a while ago (maybe 10 months ago) on doing a raw milk fast. Apparently raw milk is the only food I can eat (drink) without feeling wierd. After doing the raw milk fast (drinking about 1 gallon of milk a day) for months...I tried adding other foods and nothing else still felt right in my stomach.

So, believe it or not, for the past ten months I have been drinking only raw milk. I occasionally snack on some blueberries and unsweetened yogurt. I can eat a little rice and veggies but still feel the best if I eat only raw milk. Any other animal protein makes me feel strange. So my diet has been literally been 99% raw milk for the past 10 months.

During the 10 months of drinking only raw milk, I have felt more progress than I have in the past 3 years since amalgam removal, in many ways. I feel alive and strong! I know this sounds crazy but its true, I used to think I need to eat other foods based on principle but it just didn't work, I just don't produce enough stomach acid and enzymes, and tried betaine and ox bile and enzymes and they just made me feel worse.

I'm sure I will be able to eat other foods after I chelate for a while longer, and clear the mercury out of my pancreas, but for now this is working for me better than anything else I have ever tried.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: gdawson6] #47856
02/26/09 02:36 PM
02/26/09 02:36 PM
jammes  Offline
Graduate Member
ok i can understand why you're feeling happier than ever. You're 100% raw... I don't have access to raw milk unfortunately.. i tried to go 100% raw with veggies, fruits, nuts and felt amazing but was losing too much weight.. I don't believe a raw vegan diet is healthy for many people but raw milk could work i believe......

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: jammes] #47857
02/26/09 03:06 PM
02/26/09 03:06 PM
JK98  Offline
Master Elite Member
NYC ***
"My remaining symptoms? Depression, emotional numbness, fatigue, occasional insomnia and anxiety, no libido, low body temperature, irritability, little desire to be around people, lack of motivation. "

I have all of those except the low libido. That is one symptom I wish I had. DHEA might increase libido, although women should probably just take a small dose of this, perhaps just 10 mg a day to start. This article links low libido to hypothyroidism.

http://www.thyroid-info.com/articles/sex-drive.htm

Two herbs you should look into are Schisandra and Dong Quai.

I still think that 200 mcg a day of selenium might help with your thyroid problem, as selenium is necessary for conversion of T4 to T3, and mercury binds with selenium and makes it unavailable. I am glad you are taking the Lugol's solution. How much are you taking? If you are very iodine deficient, it may take a few weeks until you notice some results from it. It seems like my body temperature is closer to normal now after a few weeks of iodine supplementation. Heat intolerance also seems to be linked with thyroid dysfunction.

You are only on day 5 off sugar? I thought you were off sugar for a long time. Try to cut down on caffeine, as that contributes to heat intollerance. I am now down to one cup of coffee a day.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: JK98] #47859
02/26/09 04:13 PM
02/26/09 04:13 PM
G
gdawson6  Offline
Advanced Master Member
Hey gdawson, I like your attitude smile

Thanks LindaLou, lets hope its contagious wink

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: JK98] #47875
02/26/09 05:02 PM
02/26/09 05:02 PM
Kitsune  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
Leicester, England **
My DHEA tested low in my saliva cortisol test which was done a year ago just before I started corticosteroids. However, supplementing it resulting in me feeling quite poorly.

I might well have some complications from hypothyroidism, I had a test which showed poor T4-T3 conversion. I am on a substantial dose of T3, which isn't helping much. I am taking one drop of Lugol's in a water bottle that I sip throughout the day; I don't want to take too much for a start and if I do take a very large dose it will only be for a little while, to see if it can kick start my thyroid. I took selenium for months and didn't notice any improvement, but it's a good supplement and there's no harm so I've got the bottle back out of the cupboard and started on that again.

The heat and exercise intolerance definitely were due to effects of the psych med withdrawal. This may be connected with thyroid or other things. No one knows enough about the effects of these meds on the body, and certainly very little is known about the damage that withdrawal can do. I know someone who was a runner on the British national team and when she discontinued her antidepressant she got neuralgia in her feet. For several years she has barely been able to walk. I know someone else who became suicidal and homicidal due to her antidepressant. She successfully sued Glaxo twice.

Back to my (by comparison insignificant) problems. I was eating sugar for a year because I consistently felt horrible and it was an addiction that seemed to provide occasional relief, even if it was just in the brief pleasure of eating something rich and chocolatey and feeling my body go zing (which I know is not a healthy thing). I was so very low. I'm being reminded of that now because I'm almost finished with this round of chelation and I feel like that. I had some welcome respite the past few days and I'm sure I'll feel better tomorrow.

The only thing I drink is water and occasional herbal tea, so no caffeine intake. I've never liked coffee anyway.

I don't think there's much I want to tinker with right now. I'd just like to focus on the chelation, getting back into that, maybe making a few minor adjustments to supplements, see how things go with the iodine. If you try too many things at once, you won't know what's responsible for how you feel, whether it be better or worse.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Kitsune] #47883
02/26/09 06:40 PM
02/26/09 06:40 PM
JK98  Offline
Master Elite Member
NYC ***
"I might well have some complications from hypothyroidism, I had a test which showed poor T4-T3 conversion."

That is to be expected in someone who is mercury toxic, especially if they aren't taking a selenium supplement.
If you take 200 mcg a day of selenium it might really help.
It is a pity that large doses of selenium are toxic, and that it is not advised to take more than 200 mcg a day of selenium supplements.

" I don't want to take too much for a start and if I do take a very large dose it will only be for a little while, to see if it can kick start my thyroid."

There are many articles about iodine here.

http://www.iodine4health.com/index.htm

Toxic metals and iodine.
http://iodine4health.com/special/metals/metals.htm

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: JK98] #47884
02/26/09 07:39 PM
02/26/09 07:39 PM
Kitsune  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
Leicester, England **
Well like I said, I've re-started the selenium. I have 200mcg caps and I never noticed a difference in hypothyroid symptoms but I'm sure they can only help.

Thanks for the links to iodine articles. In the light of that, I might bump my 1 drop of Lugol's up to 2 or more in the future and see how I go.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Kitsune] #47885
02/26/09 08:05 PM
02/26/09 08:05 PM
Bex  Offline
Master Elite Member
NZ ****
My doctor advised me to take the lugol's iodine, selenium and magnesium for thyroid. That plus my multi vitamin/mineral powder which contains almost everything and quite a high dose of vitamin C.

I think it's over 400 mcg that selenium may start causing symptoms. I do not notice a problem on 200 - 300 mcg of selenium, but then in New Zealand we are very low in selenium in our soils, so this is why supplementing it in these doses is not as much of an issue. It might be in areas that already contain ok amounts. But over and beyond 400 mcg, I can start to notice some symptoms. You can get a garlic/sour kind of taste in your mouth and some numbness etc when you take too much.

It can also take a while for things to start working for thyroid, so you have to wait until you've been on these supplements for long enough to where things start working better again.

Thanks for the articles JK98 - informative as ever!

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Bex] #47887
02/26/09 08:24 PM
02/26/09 08:24 PM
JK98  Offline
Master Elite Member
NYC ***
"I think it's over 400 mcg that selenium may start causing symptoms"

Yes, however that includes the intake of selenium from foods.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: JK98] #47889
02/26/09 08:34 PM
02/26/09 08:34 PM
Bex  Offline
Master Elite Member
NZ ****
I do not know for certain what the true overdose is. I have heard 400 mcg, but that varies also depending on the article.

Overdose of selenium could also vary from person to person depending on what their needs are. Extra selenium maybe helpful to those whose selenium has been displaced/depleted by toxins like mercury. Others not so toxic, may not require as much selenium and too much extra could cause other issues.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Bex] #47890
02/26/09 09:13 PM
02/26/09 09:13 PM
JK98  Offline
Master Elite Member
NYC ***
"I do not know for certain what the true overdose is. I have heard 400 mcg, but that varies also depending on the article.

Overdose of selenium could also vary from person to person depending on what their needs are."

Of course. Sometimes for certain substances they talk about toxicity in mcg or mg per kilogram of body weight, so the toxic amount would be double for a 200 pound man that it is for a 100 pound woman for example. Not all substances work like that though. For many things though, they seem to give a guideline based on a 150 pound person.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: JK98] #47891
02/27/09 12:06 AM
02/27/09 12:06 AM
S
Sean  Offline
Elite Member
Virginia Woodbridge United Sta... ***
Originally Posted by JK98
"I do not know for certain what the true overdose is. I have heard 400 mcg, but that varies also depending on the article.

Overdose of selenium could also vary from person to person depending on what their needs are."

Of course. Sometimes for certain substances they talk about toxicity in mcg or mg per kilogram of body weight, so the toxic amount would be double for a 200 pound man that it is for a 100 pound woman for example. Not all substances work like that though. For many things though, they seem to give a guideline based on a 150 pound person.
It depends on what kind you are using too as far as accumulation and toxicity right? I heard natural forms from Broccoli and so on are alot better, while L Selenomethionine can accumulate and become toxic. I have a book that says thats the cheapest form or one of them and the most toxic, is that true? I can't use alot of Selenium at all, even a half or 1/4 of a pill will make me wake up early after a few days or weeks use and feel horrible, I get bad anxiety and mind racing and so on. Any reason why? Kelp can do this too in higher dosages, both are not kind to me.

In Sanskrit, tulsi means literally "the incomparable one" and has been revered since ancient times. Tulsi, the holy basil, is said to have grown at the site of Christ’s crucifixion and is associated with St. Basil’s feast.
Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Sean] #47892
02/27/09 03:23 AM
02/27/09 03:23 AM
Kitsune  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
Leicester, England **
At a guess, I'd say that both are displacing mercury (the selenium and the iodine in the kelp) -- kicking it out of their receptor sites where it doesn't belong.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Kitsune] #47893
02/27/09 05:04 AM
02/27/09 05:04 AM
S
Sean  Offline
Elite Member
Originally Posted by LindaLou
At a guess, I'd say that both are displacing mercury (the selenium and the iodine in the kelp) -- kicking it out of their receptor sites where it doesn't belong.
I would have to agree with you there, obviously I still have alot of issues there since those effect me like that in higher doses! I need to start out slow it seems and then build up, the only way to get there IMO. Remember slowly is always better and safer to see how you react, higher doses can mess you up alot, ala bex.

In Sanskrit, tulsi means literally "the incomparable one" and has been revered since ancient times. Tulsi, the holy basil, is said to have grown at the site of Christ’s crucifixion and is associated with St. Basil’s feast.
Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Sean] #47896
02/27/09 09:59 AM
02/27/09 09:59 AM
G
gdawson6  Offline
Advanced Master Member
Ya, and kicking mercury out of the receptor sites is dangerous if your body is a poor excretor of mercury. ALA can still remove mercury from these same spots and it binds to the mercury, unlike iodine and selenium which would just bump the mercury into the bloodstream.

I do think higher doses are ok for a time if your body can handle them...but if you are reacting badly lower your dose because you are probably redistributing mercury which is a big no-no.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: gdawson6] #47902
02/27/09 11:22 AM
02/27/09 11:22 AM
Kitsune  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
Leicester, England **
I think that's probably what is happening to me. I'm feeling spaced out. It reminds me very much of what I tried to do immediately after amalgam removal. I wanted to "go natural" and had coriander (cilantro), garlic, etc. All those things did was stir the mercury up. I felt better once I got onto DMSA.

I'm going to stop the iodine for now and hope that a few months down the road I'll be able to tolerate it better; maybe it can be a future indication of how I've progressed. I'd like to see if I can tolerate the selenium, I'll stick with that for a while yet.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Kitsune] #47903
02/27/09 11:39 AM
02/27/09 11:39 AM
JK98  Offline
Master Elite Member
NYC ***
Linda, don't stop the iodine. If you can't tolerate 2 drops a day of Lugol's solution, then drop back to one drop, and in a week go to half a drop. Since Lugol's is just iodine salts, you could mix it in your water bottle so that you take it in gradually throgh the day. Half a drop of Lugol's a day will still be replenishing your iodine, but it will take much longer. At least you will be making progress through the duration.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: JK98] #47905
02/27/09 11:50 AM
02/27/09 11:50 AM
G
gdawson6  Offline
Advanced Master Member
At least you will be making progress through the duration.

Honestly, you may be making progress with how much iodine you have in your thyroid, but you could be making yourself worse in other areas from mercury redistribution. I would judge this based on your reaction to iodine. Listen to your body and don't keep on taking something that is making you feel sick. If you feel you need iodine then you can even take like 1/5 of a drop of lugols which is still much more than most people get daily.

Remember birdlady? She ended up losing hair and getting a lot sicker from taking large doses of iodine from what I remember.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: gdawson6] #47906
02/27/09 12:05 PM
02/27/09 12:05 PM
JK98  Offline
Master Elite Member
NYC ***
"Listen to your body and don't keep on taking something that is making you feel sick."

Sometimes that is a healing reaction though. Chelation for example makes my muscles ache and sometimes gives me mild headaches, but I know it is healing me so I do it. The key is that the treatment should make sense, and that while the symptoms from it might be unpleasant, they should still be a level that is tolerable, not something intolerable. Lugol's has 12.5 mg of iodine in 2 drops, so half a drop would provide just over 3 mg of iodine. I guess you could go to 1/5 of a drop if necessary, however imo you should try to take at least half or 1/3 of a drop a day long term.

"Remember birdlady? She ended up losing hair and getting a lot sicker from taking large doses of iodine from what I remember."

I doubt that losing hair was due to iodine intake. In fact, a number of articles mention possible hair loss due to iodine deficiency.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Iodine-and-Hair-Loss&id=1388733

Other articles link hair loss to throid disease, not to iodine intake.

http://www.diagnose-me.com/cond/C568849.html

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: JK98] #47907
02/27/09 12:11 PM
02/27/09 12:11 PM
JK98  Offline
Master Elite Member
NYC ***
One other thought just occured to me. Iodine is very effective against candida, and a reaction to Lugol's solution might be a candida die off reaction. Diluting the Lugol's greatly(for example adding one drop to a 2 liter water bottle if you drink a liter a day of water) would make the iodine so dilute that it might not trigger a massive candida die off.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: JK98] #47908
02/27/09 12:14 PM
02/27/09 12:14 PM
G
gdawson6  Offline
Advanced Master Member

I doubt that losing hair was due to iodine intake. In fact, a number of articles mention possible hair loss due to iodine deficiency.

I'm pretty sure it was because the massive amount of toxins it released from taking the iodine. I've seen actual studies that show that iodine releases mercury and it doesn't effectively chelate mercury so redistribution risks from it are real.

It is hard to tell the difference between healing reactions and redistribution in the case, so I think caution is very necessary.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: gdawson6] #47910
02/27/09 01:09 PM
02/27/09 01:09 PM
JK98  Offline
Master Elite Member
NYC ***
I don't think that redistribution is such a great risk, especially if one is continuing to chelate. Without chelation, greatly increased mercury excretion from taking several mg a day of iodine occurs. What mercury that is unbound and not excreted immediately will probably be excreted in the next chelation round. The important thing is that it is going to a more loosely bound state, so that it is on the way out of the body. Many who have mercury toxicity and thyroid problems probably have plenty of mercury clogging up the iodine binding sites on the thyroid.
Taking several grams a day of iodine seems to help dislodge this mercury and other toxic heavy metals from the thyroid. Those who are mercury toxic may also have elevated levels of lead or other toxic heavy metals, as the mercury overwhelmed the natural detoxification channels for excreting heavy metals.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: JK98] #47913
02/27/09 01:20 PM
02/27/09 01:20 PM
Kitsune  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
Leicester, England **
I hear what you both are saying. It's a hard one to call. I would like to take a lot of iodine, after reading about it (I didn't know anything about it before). But I also think the iodine was stirring mercury up, I'm pretty good at judging what my body is telling me. It doesn't seem to make much sense doing that for 3 days off round and feeling spacey and yuck all the time. What's probably best to do is discontinue it for now, see how I go for a round and a rest period without it, add it back in, and note the differences in how I feel.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Kitsune] #47914
02/27/09 01:26 PM
02/27/09 01:26 PM
G
gdawson6  Offline
Advanced Master Member
I don't think that redistribution is such a great risk, especially if one is continuing to chelate.

If your blood levels of mercury are high, which I do believe high doses of iodine would cause, ALA could redistribute mercury to the brain and other sensitive areas. ALA is only safe to use when blood levels are low. This is risky, and caution should be taken. Iodine is important, don't get me wrong, but redistribution is not something to take lightly.

If someone wanted to take higher doses of iodine while mercury poisoned I would reccomend they only take it while doing rounds with DMSA only. This would help excrete the mercury that iodine releases without risking redistribution .

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: gdawson6] #47915
02/27/09 01:37 PM
02/27/09 01:37 PM
Kitsune  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
Leicester, England **
gdawson, do you know if DMSA or ALA will pull mercury out of the thyroid? My most troubling symptoms are mental/emotional and I want to be working on that with ALA. It would be quite some time before I decided to stop the ALA and just use DMSA along with high doses of iodine. If my thyroid is likely to be cleared over time anyway, chelating as I'm doing now, then the iodine can wait.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: gdawson6] #47917
02/27/09 01:45 PM
02/27/09 01:45 PM
JK98  Offline
Master Elite Member
NYC ***
The blood levels of mercury aren't high if someone is conuously going through chelation cycles. In fact blood mercury levels rise during chelation, so taking iodine supplements just during on days in the chelation cycle is probably not a good idea. I guess there is no easy answer to all of this. As I said before though, iodine is very antifungal, so a reaction to iodine supplementation is likely due to massive candida die off.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: JK98] #47918
02/27/09 01:58 PM
02/27/09 01:58 PM
JK98  Offline
Master Elite Member
NYC ***
Linda, are you taking molybdenum? Detoxifying from acetylaldehyde may help your mental state. Acetylaldehyde is a waste released by candida. If you are sensitive to many perfumes, then it is likely that your body is not properly breaking down aldehydes. Most perfumes are made with aldehydes.
Licorice root tea may also greatly help with mental state and detoxification. I drink a cup or two of licorice root tea most days.

http://candidapage.com/aldehyde.shtml

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: JK98] #47921
02/27/09 02:10 PM
02/27/09 02:10 PM
JK98  Offline
Master Elite Member
NYC ***

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: JK98] #47922
02/27/09 02:19 PM
02/27/09 02:19 PM
G
gdawson6  Offline
Advanced Master Member
The blood levels of mercury aren't high if someone is conuously going through chelation cycles. In fact blood mercury levels rise during chelation, so taking iodine supplements just during on days in the chelation cycle is probably not a good idea. I guess there is no easy answer to all of this. As I said before though, iodine is very antifungal, so a reaction to iodine supplementation is likely due to massive candida die off.

DMSA is safe to take and recommended with high blood levels of mercury. Thats why I said take it with the iodine.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: gdawson6] #47923
02/27/09 02:36 PM
02/27/09 02:36 PM
G
gdawson6  Offline
Advanced Master Member
gdawson, do you know if DMSA or ALA will pull mercury out of the thyroid? My most troubling symptoms are mental/emotional and I want to be working on that with ALA. It would be quite some time before I decided to stop the ALA and just use DMSA along with high doses of iodine. If my thyroid is likely to be cleared over time anyway, chelating as I'm doing now, then the iodine can wait.

ALA will literally pull mercury out of anywhere. It crosses cell walls very easily and will enter every organ and gland in the body, including the thyroid. It may not be a fast process, since we have stores of mercury all over the body that need excreted. and it doesn't just target the thyroid.

My plan is to get small amounts of iodine (maybe like 300-500% RDI) while I'm chelating, and once I get more resilient I will use higher doses of iodine.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: gdawson6] #47927
02/27/09 03:34 PM
02/27/09 03:34 PM
JK98  Offline
Master Elite Member
NYC ***
Linda, this article is very interesting.

http://www.thyroid-info.com/articles/candidayeast.htm

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: JK98] #47933
02/27/09 04:16 PM
02/27/09 04:16 PM
Bex  Offline
Master Elite Member
NZ ****
Hi Linda,

Apparenty hormonal issues are related to the control centre in the brain. When you have brain mercury, this upsets the endocrine system. I know mercury does block the action of iodine in the thyroid gland, but also let's not forget what happens from the brain.

I just located what I was after. Check this out:

In a message dated 5/26/00 10:40:28 PM, SHAKYES writes:

Any ideas on how to determine which symptoms are from mercury in the brain

and which are from mercury in the body? Not that it really matters in
the
long run, just curious.

Andy's response

It is pretty clear from case reports (from patients, not MD's).

Endocrine problems, especially poor stress tolerance: brain.

Emotional volatility, difficulty teling what people are about: brain

Difficutly getting along with people, attention deficit: brain

Brain fog is about 70/30 body/brain. Mostly it does go away even without
brain detox.

Yeast is actually a brain related problem (it is controlled by inadequate
hormone levels, especially hydrocortisone) and while it improves with body
detox, it doesn't go away until the brain is cleared if it is a real bad
case.

Allergies, food sensitivities, chemical sensitivities do mostly go away
with body detox.

Fibromyalgia seems to be mostly body tox. Chronic fatigue seems to be about
70/30 body/brain.

Andy Cutler

Onibasu Link: http://onibasu.com/archives/am/1668.html

I hope that's of help. It may also make sense to some people who may have spent a long time trying to detox their mercury, but may not used a proper brain chelating agent and/or not used it for a long enough time (or on the appropriate protocol). I think I come under that catagory wink

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Bex] #47970
02/28/09 11:28 AM
02/28/09 11:28 AM
Kitsune  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
Leicester, England **
Thanks everyone for all this info, very interesting and helpful. I think I'm bound to be more successful with chelation this time because I'm taking it more seriously (i.e. accepting that I am actually mercury toxic -- this is not a drill) and I know more about what I'm doing. And obviously I'm still learning all the time.

I've been a week without sugar and I had sudden intense cravings the past couple of days. I wonder if I'm having some candida die-off. It would also explain some of the spacey and generally "low" feelings I've had. Is it best just to keep chelating as usual when that happens?

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Kitsune] #47972
02/28/09 12:22 PM
02/28/09 12:22 PM
G
gdawson6  Offline
Advanced Master Member
Too many things at once LindaLou. With the iodine, cutting out sugar, and starting chelation. I would wait a few days without taking iodine or chelating and then start another round.

It is probably part die off, probably partly just your body adjusting to not having the carbs.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Kitsune] #47974
02/28/09 03:10 PM
02/28/09 03:10 PM
Bex  Offline
Master Elite Member
NZ ****
The problem with doing many things at once, you won't know which one might be causing what. It is likely some die off Linda. Most mercury compromised people have yeast overgrowth - both due to low immunity and yeast apparently proliferates in the presence of metals. Some feel there is a certain amount of protection in this. However, though that might be so, feeding the yeast beyond that point appears to cause big problems also. This is why diet can work very well. It does not aggressively kill a load of yeast off at once like antifungals(which breaks the cell walls and releases yeast toxins and any contained heavy metals into the system and sometimes the person can get acutely poisoned). Diet is natural, it is slower and it simply restricts the intake of sugars/high carbs so any excessive overgrowth can be more easily controlled. It dies off, but much more slowly and not in the same way apparently.

The body also gains further strength from better nutrition.

I'm not sure what to suggest Linda....sometimes chelation can help as any contained metals from the yeast can be grabbed. So in that way it maybe beneficial. However, you also do not want to overwhelm yourself by doing too much at once.

It depends how you feel and what you can handle.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Bex] #48080
03/03/09 05:09 AM
03/03/09 05:09 AM
Kitsune  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
Leicester, England **
Thanks guys for your contributions. I'm learning that I need to introduce supplements one at a time so that I know how each is affecting me. What's more, things aren't necessarily affecting me the way they used to, so I can't make assumptions. I reintroduced zinc and ended up having some rough days. That may or may not be the zinc but there's no harm in putting it on hold for now, as I have done with the iodine. I've got milk thistle on order, which I avoided in the past because it's expensive here, but I think it will be very helpful for me to take. I've also been able to take some pancreatin digestive enzymes without the problems I've had with other types.

To be honest, the past week or so has been difficult. I had the Sunday where I tried to do a round of 25mg ALA only and had to stop after 5 doses because my stomach was hurting, I had a constant headache and I was nauseous. I did, however, find that some of the "heaviness" and emotional and sensory numbness I'd been feeling has lifted considerably. I therefore rested a day, then started a round of 12.5mg ALA and 6.25mg DMSA. That was good at the beginning, but the heaviness and numbness quickly returned. I attributed this to the iodine trial stirring up extra mercury, which possibly the ALA was letting into my brain -- bad news. I continued to feel like this when I finished the 3-day round, so I started the next round early in order to try to address the remainder of what the iodine might have done.

I felt gradually worse on the round, which I didn't panic about because that is normal. It did concern me that my adrenals were taking a hit, and I felt a few hypothyroid symptoms such as a dry throat and sinuses -- I've had these in the past. I am on medication for adrenals and thyroid but after a year of trial and error I think I'm on optimal doses of both. If I take more of the corticosteroid, it has unpleasant effects. I guess I have to work through this and be glad that I am supported by the meds, because without them I would presumably be doing my body greater harm.

I also found that I was becoming short-tempered and irritable, which I suppose is common too, and for me it's an indication of adrenal stress. I found myself less able to cultivate patience and overlook things. Also I had minor palpitations from time to time, and I had trouble getting to sleep at night -- the opposite problem to what I usually have at this time of year. And I lost my appetite, though that's no big worry because I need to lose weight. I still made sure I ate healthy meals.

Today is my first day off chelation after the second round. I'm finding that I feel more motivated again. My body is not quite so sluggish and achy. I've been able to go around tidying the house, which would have required lots of effort before. So this is good. I think my adrenals will need the full 3 days to recover though. I just hope I can sustain chelation this way. Looks like I've got a lot of time of feeling "yuck" ahead of me yet.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Kitsune] #48081
03/03/09 05:54 AM
03/03/09 05:54 AM
Bex  Offline
Master Elite Member
NZ ****
Linda, when I was in still relatively early days of mercury detox and trying to chelate - I had plenty of difficult and confusing times and rounds that were different from other rounds and not knowing what was often causing what.

I think it's the time inbetween when you start to notice "something" is happening or maybe improving, but it is so often replaced by yet more of the same bad symptoms, so you feel like the rug has pulled back out from under you. This seems to be the pattern of mercury detox, so it is very difficult sometimes to hang in there.

I think it is a good sign however that you have noticed some changes inbetween chelation - even if they are not long lasting, it does show something is occuring. It takes a LONG time of detoxing mercury before improvements become lengthier, better, and more stabilised, rather than sporadic and temporary. I think you're wise in watching the iodine intake, as indeed it can certainly stir up metals. And in doing so, what happens when ALA gets hold of them.....I guess we're all mostly working in the dark over some of these things and if we're not certain enough about something, it's better to play it safe.

DMSA should help chelate some of the stirred up metals from iodine out a bit more safely perhaps than ALA which goes into the brain. So if you have another one of those, you may want to finish off with DMSA instead. It seems a good one to clear mobilised mercury and seem to stablise things again.

Thanks for keeping us posted on how things are going. Let's hope for the best outcome.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Bex] #48086
03/03/09 06:27 AM
03/03/09 06:27 AM
Kitsune  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
Leicester, England **
That's very kind of you Bex, thanks.

It hasn't helped that I'm supposed to be resting my adrenals and I've spent the last hour frantically sifting through online costume shops, trying to get a hobbit costume for my daughter to wear to school on World Book Day, which is two days away. I've also had to buy her a Victorian costume for their Victorian field trip in a few weeks' time. I don't think the school realises the pressure it puts parents under when it says "dress your kids up." I have absolutely nothing at home that would work for her to wear and I don't sew.

The irritability, adrenal fatigue, constant stimulation etc are probably why I've found myself embroiled yet again on a certain forum. I was doing well with simply reading patiently before.

I'll keep things updated here, fingers crossed that all will be OK. it helps to talk to others who have been through this experience. I tend to over-analyse things, which can tie me in knots when I'm dealing with symptoms.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Kitsune] #48142
03/04/09 04:53 PM
03/04/09 04:53 PM
Kitsune  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
Leicester, England **
Bex, if you're there, can you remember how you felt between your first rounds of chelation? My memory of mine is hazy but I have a memory of feeling better on chelation and a little worse when resting.

It's just that the past couple of "rest" days have been rough. I'm quite fatigued, especially in the evenings. My stomach is upset off and on, again particularly in the evenings, and the headache sneaks back a little at that time too. I was having mild palpitations and racing heart (90 bpm when resting) and experienced that briefly today, though it seems to be dying down -- my feeling is that it was connected with a long release of adrenaline. My insomnia's got worse. It wasn't too bad before. I hadn't expected this to be going on between rounds.

I've been taking some pancreatin digestive enzymes and thought I was OK with them because they haven't caused the gastrointestinal upset that other digestive enzymes have; they are enteric coated to be effective in the small intestine. I'll stop those, and the selenium too, and see if either of those has been contributing to this, though I'm not sure why they would. I'm only taking 200mcg of selenium.

I've resolved to be brave this time and not allow fears to make me stop chelating. I'm just concerned. The positive effects from those first couple of days of chelation, with ALA alone and later with ALA/DMSA, have completely vanished. I'm hoping that someone with chelation experience can tell me that this can just be the way it goes for a while and that I haven't done something horrible to myself.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Kitsune] #48143
03/04/09 05:30 PM
03/04/09 05:30 PM
Bex  Offline
Master Elite Member
NZ ****
Bex, if you're there, can you remember how you felt between your first rounds of chelation? My memory of mine is hazy but I have a memory of feeling better on chelation and a little worse when resting.

Hi Linda,

For me it differed. If I recall correctly. I sometimes felt worse on round and it was difficult for me to keep chelating. I would sometimes experience a feeling of being almost drugged and very tired. I did feel something happening. Other times I might get an increase in depression and start crying. Sometimes I felt more hyped up....other times it settled my symptoms. There were rounds that I would feel the symptoms increase by the day and I'd feel so ill by about the 4th day,that I was often unable to chelate for a full week. (this is when I used to try doing the one week on, one week off).

It's just that the past couple of "rest" days have been rough. I'm quite fatigued, especially in the evenings. My stomach is upset off and on, again particularly in the evenings, and the headache sneaks back a little at that time too. I was having mild palpitations and racing heart (90 bpm when resting) and experienced that briefly today, though it seems to be dying down -- my feeling is that it was connected with a long release of adrenaline. My insomnia's got worse. It wasn't too bad before. I hadn't expected this to be going on between rounds.

The symptoms during the years of healing from mercury can be distressing to say the least. Sometimes, just when you think you're improving, you can feel the sense of being dragged back where you started (or worse). Also, when you are inbetween rounds, this does not mean mercury is still not coming out. Some is, and some is being reabsorbed until the next round. So symptoms can continue or be worse on occassion. Or of course, you can feel better. There doesn't seem to be any clear repeated pattern.

Expect that your usual symptoms will often be exaggerated. As healing takes place, the symptoms in the areas of trouble can be worse. You can feel you are not healing, but deteriorating. This is where it becomes challenging to continue. It feels either fruitless, or things just feel worse. I had many times of this. Even without chelation, I did too, but perhaps less intense.

I've been taking some pancreatin digestive enzymes and thought I was OK with them because they haven't caused the gastrointestinal upset that other digestive enzymes have; they are enteric coated to be effective in the small intestine. I'll stop those, and the selenium too, and see if either of those has been contributing to this, though I'm not sure why they would. I'm only taking 200mcg of selenium.

It's possible they maybe contributing. Definitely stop them and see. But keep on with the chelation if you can. It's the most important! Chelation is what gets a person well, not supplements. They can help and support the healing process though - if they are the ones we require. I had to stop a number of supplements because I reacted quite badly very easily. I gather that can also be typical with mercury toxicity.

I sometimes started and stopped a number of times. I mainly took vitamin C, vitamin E and selenium. But the selenium was the one I often had to take a break from. So it's definitely one that can cause issues with people.

I've resolved to be brave this time and not allow fears to make me stop chelating. I'm just concerned. The positive effects from those first couple of days of chelation, with ALA alone and later with ALA/DMSA, have completely vanished. I'm hoping that someone with chelation experience can tell me that this can just be the way it goes for a while and that I haven't done something horrible to myself

Yes, please keep chelating Linda if you can. Do not expect each round to be the same. Because the process of mercury elimination never usually is. You can have very difficult rounds, that can leave you feeling awful and wondering why bother? Then you can feel lifted again another time. But this will continue until enough mercury is gone to where you start to truly feel better and for longer periods of time and hopefully permanently.

You haven't done anything horrible to yourself. This is the way it can go, not just for awhile, but sometimes LONG periods of time. This poison is extremely volatile in what it can do to your mind/hormones/emotions. It's changeable, which I guess is why they call behaviours that are changeable "mercurial".

It is typical for a poisoned person to feel very down to it and feel like they have damaged themselves. It is typical to react to different supplements to where you no longer know what is doing what. Starting/stopping etc. This all brings back ALOT of memories for me.

I am still going to get the ALA very very soon. My next lot of supplements I buy will include it. I'm nervous, but in a way, I'm hopeful. So who knows what will happen?

But I relate much to what you are going through here. It is a very slow and very rocky process.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Kitsune] #48144
03/04/09 05:37 PM
03/04/09 05:37 PM
JK98  Offline
Master Elite Member
NYC ***
Linda, you did say you are on a low carb diet? The fatigue might be at least in part due to large fluctuations in blood sugar levels. Instead of eating 2 or 3 large meals a day, you could try eating 5 or 6 smaller ones and see if this helps you feel better. eating cinnamon also helps to keep blood sugar levels more stable.

During chelation, my mood is often elevated, however I also often have much more physical aches and pains. Some claim that if the last few chelation doses on a ALA+DMSA regimen are DMSA only, then they don't have such bad symptoms between chelation rounds.

Are you taking molybdenum? I find that molybdenum helps greatly to minimize general chemical sensitivity. So does plenty of b vitamins.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: JK98] #48145
03/04/09 05:53 PM
03/04/09 05:53 PM
Kitsune  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
Leicester, England **
I've read about molybdenum on Andy's site but fortunately chemical sensitivity and allergies are symptoms I've been spared. I do take lots of B vitamins. I recently tried to cut out the CoQ10 because I never noticed it making a difference for me -- bad move. Whether it's helping a little, a lot or not at all, my body is depending on it now. I was trying to save some money because this whole process gets expensive, and I've also been seeing two healers. I think I'm going to discontinue with the herbalist for now because I know what I need to be doing and more or less how to do it.

I did wonder if the paleolithic diet was contributing to this. I'm not sure about blood sugar issues though . . . when I started paleo several years ago, I felt better straight away apart from some sugar cravings at first, which went away. I seem to need a fairly high amount of protein and fat and that would keep me full. I'm back to doing that now, and I still eat plenty of veg (which are carbs). Maybe getting rid of the sugar after such a long time of eating a lot of it, has been a jolt to my system. Whenever I tried to quit before I'd end up feeling so awful that I'd go back to it. That hasn't happened this time largely because I have no appetite. Almost 2 weeks without sugar now; I don't think I managed that long in a year or so -- that was when I made a determined effort to kill possible candida. (I attacked it with an antifungal, caprylic acid and raw garlic but didn't get die-off symptoms so I figured it wasn't a problem. I'd also had a negative test for candida antibodies.)

Bex, thanks for the reassurance. It helps to know that others have been through this (though I'm sorry for that). I'm going to stick with it. I hope cutting the supplements out tomorrow will help.

When you start the ALA, would you like to do a thread about your own experience? I'd be interested and I'm sure everyone here would love to support you. Best of luck smile

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Kitsune] #48187
03/05/09 03:33 PM
03/05/09 03:33 PM
JK98  Offline
Master Elite Member
NYC ***
Linda, are you taking sublingual B12? B12 can help greatly with the mental and emotional state, as so many mercury toxic people are B12 deficient, and have trouble absorbing B12 supplements that are swallowed. Some even get B12 injections, although that is annoying, and can get expensive. There are also B12 patches, although few stores sell them. You could probably get them on the net. I have not tried them. Nasal B12 gel works pretty well, however it is hard to find now. I used it many years ago.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: JK98] #48191
03/05/09 04:58 PM
03/05/09 04:58 PM
Kitsune  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
Leicester, England **
Thanks JK, I've tried it. No real help.

If you're after nasal spray, Mercola sells some.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Kitsune] #48192
03/05/09 05:10 PM
03/05/09 05:10 PM
Bex  Offline
Master Elite Member
NZ ****
Bex, thanks for the reassurance. It helps to know that others have been through this (though I'm sorry for that). I'm going to stick with it. I hope cutting the supplements out tomorrow will help.

When you start the ALA, would you like to do a thread about your own experience? I'd be interested and I'm sure everyone here would love to support you. Best of luck

No problem Linda. Definitely don't give up. Breaks are fine, but don't throw the towel in. I think the ALA will be working on the organ mercury you may have a big storage of and the symptoms are not usually suppressed with ALA chelation. DMSA may help somewhat, but will not cancel them out entirely.

Yeah, I'll report what happens with the ALA. Though not sure if I should start a thread on it, as my past trials of ALA lead to "nothing" except some worst yeast.....so I'm not sure whether that is going to be very interesting for people to read lol. I'll just post or add to a post as I see anything occuring.

I have been very bad on my diet recently. I cheated/binged big time. Fed up with how I was feeling following the probiotic use. Nothing was really abating much. I just got fed up. It's been an interesting test. I must say (unless I'm speaking too soon), I think that perhaps the probiotics may have done something afterall. I have not detected quite the same impact of cheating that I used to. I felt worst after it almost immediately this time, but I didn't take long to start bouncing back. Whereas in the past? I'd not notice the effects so quickly, but they would hit the next day and I'd take weeks to improve again. But again, it's still early days, so the test is still on to see how I go as I'm back on my good diet today.

So is this coincidence? Perhaps over time I have eliminated more toxins too (I noted that exercise would produce a feeling of metals coming out), and I'm sure that is part of it. But I do wonder if the probiotics may well have planted a bit more good bacteria there and maybe there is a bit more assertive action going on down there? Even though they have created utter havoc in me and much suffering in the process. I've also not noticed the strange sleepiness that used to come over me (post antibiotics) and that would wipe me out and cause me to lie down on my bed for a rest and then go into a deep sleep which I would not wake up from till morning. I don't notice that now....well not as much. I'm back on my good diet today, so I'll see where that takes me.

I would really like to include a few other things in my diet like non gluten grain and limited fruit intake. I'm hoping I can try those out at some point. I'm going back to being strict and then I'll try introducing some natural carbs (instead of doing a binge on the bad stuff). If it turns out I can? Then I'll have to concede that the probiotics have indeed done something positive. However, I have gone through hell for 2 months now following their use. So they have possibly erupted a load of toxins/bad bacteria which my body has struggled to cope with ever since.

Also there is the risk of the methylation of mercury too. But ever since a course of antibiotics was given to me about 2 years ago for severe complication from a flu (infection), I have had big issues. Even a natural healthy cheat on a piece of fruit would then send me into a complete relapse (taking about 8 weeks to recover from). That was never the case before the antibiotics. Once I had control of my yeast, a cheat would only take me a day to recover from. So the difference was marked after antibiotics and it was not something I was recovering from either. That is NO way to live. So I think I needed to do something and probiotics seemed the best thing at the time. Maybe it was? I don't know. I may need to take more of it if that's the case, but I'm not in any hurry.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: JK98] #48193
03/05/09 05:55 PM
03/05/09 05:55 PM
S
Sean  Offline
Elite Member
Linda, are you taking sublingual B12? B12 can help greatly with the mental and emotional state, as so many mercury toxic people are B12 deficient, and have trouble absorbing B12 supplements that are swallowed. Some even get B12 injections, although that is annoying, and can get expensive. There are also B12 patches, although few stores sell them. You could probably get them on the net. I have not tried them. Nasal B12 gel works pretty well, however it is hard to find now. I used it many years ago.
Nasal Gel I heard is one of the best, www.doctoryourself.com just says to crush up the pill and then make a paste out of it with a drop of water and then put it on the sides of the inside of your nose, don't know how effective that is but it's alot cheaper than gel or shots. Subilingual he says is not very good nor gets absorbed well, don't know how true that is but it's worth a look.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Sean] #48194
03/05/09 05:56 PM
03/05/09 05:56 PM
S
Sean  Offline
Elite Member
Topics like this one sound quacky, so let's set the matter straight from the start:

If you do not like getting shots of B-12, you should be aware that intranasal absorption is the next best thing. Oral administration of B-12 is largely ineffective. This goes for so-called sublingual B-12 supplements as well.

VITAMIN B-12, unlike other B vitamins, is stored in muscle and other organs of the body. A little B-12 goes a long way, what is stored lasts a long time, and it may take YEARS to deplete your body’s reserves. But sooner or later, usually later (after age 40), not only do poor eating habits catch up with us, but we also lose the ability to efficiently absorb what B-12 we do get from food.

COBALAMIN is the proper name for vitamin B-12. It is a really huge molecule (C 63, H 90, O 14, P, Co). The "Co" is for the one cobalt atom at its core. B-12 is obtained mostly, but not exclusively, by eating animal products such as dairy and meat. If you therefore think that you have to eat meat to get your B-12, consider this: Where do grass-and-grain-eating cattle get THEIR vitamin B-12? From synthesis by microorganisms in their gastrointestinal tract, that's where. And such synthesis in vegetarian animals is so tremendous that their milk and flesh is OUR source of B-12. But it all actually came from their bacteria.

Yes, B-12 is also synthesized in the human GI tract, but not reliably enough for most people. Such synthesis as occurs may be enhanced by a good vegetarian diet that favors an internal population of beneficial, B-12 making bacteria.

But with our diets, we will need more than they can provide. Nutritional yeast, fermented soy foods such as tempeh, and sprouts (according to some sources) are vegetarian sources of dietary B-12.

But there still is a physiological hurdle to cross.

Absorption of dietary B-12 takes place in the very last part of the small intestine, right before the colon. Absorption requires a biochemical helper molecule called “intrinsic factor,” which is a glycoprotein normally secreted by cells lining your stomach. Strong stomach hydrochloric acid is also required to split up this huge molecule. (That's why a weak acid like vitamin C (ascorbic acid) is harmless to B-12, persistent myths to the contrary).

Incidentally, even sublingual (under-the-tongue) B-12 supplements are probably ineffective because the cobalamin molecule is too large to diffuse through the mucosa of the mouth.

And if your body no longer makes intrinsic factor like it should, you cannot absorb oral B-12 supplements very well, either.

The end result can be pernicious anemia, which is more than the classical inability to make enough hemoglobin for your red blood cells. Pernicious anemia also results in a sore mouth and tongue, assorted burning and tingling sensations (paresthesia), and eventually neurologic damage. I think Meniere’s, and dementia symptoms mistaken for Alzheimer’s disease, might be a manifestation of this.

While there is a urine test for B-12 deficiency (the "isotope-dilution assay for urinary methylmalonic acid"), to get it right it is necessary to measure the cerebrospinal fluid, not the blood, to get accurate B-12 readings. If you are not a Spinal Tap fan, consider a simple, non-invasive therapeutic trial of B-12. This is so inexpensive and safe that it would be difficult to deny it to anyone. I would suggest your doctor try a 1,000 microgram (mcg) injection at least once a week. Compared to the US RDA of only about 3 mcg, that dose may appear rather hefty. But given the miserable nature of Meniere’s, erring on the high side may be preferable to unnecessarily delaying recovery. And l know of no side effects whatsoever to B-12 overdose.

If you do not like the idea of getting shots of B-12, you should be aware that intra-nasal (that is, by way of the nose) absorption is the next best thing. It sounds pretty weird, as duly promised at the beginning of this section, but it is an efficient delivery method for large-sized molecules whether you like the sound of it or not.

Your nose has two choices:

1) Buy ready-to-use, over-the-counter B-12 gel, which you will occasionally find for sale in a pharmacy or health food store. Some products come in individual disposable packets. These are pricey.

2) Make your own B-12 intra-nasal supplement. It is cheap, easy and best done behind closed doors. Obtain your doctor’s OK before trying this procedure. Take any B-12 tablet (between 100 to 1,000 mcg) and grind it into a powder between two tablespoons. Add water, just a few drops at a time, to make a soft paste. With a “Q-Tip,” its generic equivalent, or your clean pinkie finger, gently swab the paste inside your nose up to a comfortable level. Do not push; use no force whatsoever. The excipients (tableting ingredients) are more likely to bother your schnoz than the B-12 is. If it irritates you, try using less, or a different brand of tablet. I’d try this two times a week for a month or two.

Feel free to quit at any time, and get B-12 shots instead. Once in a great while, doctors (such as “Children’s Doctor” Lendon H. Smith, M.D.) will even teach you how to give yourself your B-12 shots, but that remains a singularly rare event.

Hence this nose news.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Sean] #48195
03/05/09 07:11 PM
03/05/09 07:11 PM
JK98  Offline
Master Elite Member
NYC ***

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: JK98] #48247
03/06/09 03:25 PM
03/06/09 03:25 PM
JK98  Offline
Master Elite Member
NYC ***
Linda, are you taking copper and zinc supplements? DMSA causes the loss of zinc and copper. These are needed for proper throid functioning.

http://articles.webraydian.com/arti...opper_in_Effective_Thyroid_Function.html

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: JK98] #48250
03/06/09 05:09 PM
03/06/09 05:09 PM
Bex  Offline
Master Elite Member
NZ ****
Do not add an extra copper supplement if you are taking alpha lipoic acid, which increases copper inside the body. I'm not sure about zinc however.

I know you're taking DMSA, but there is a risk of copper excessive copper with ALA. Also the combination of copper and mercury toxicity is far worse than just mercury apparently.

It is probably much safer to simply get enough food that naturally contains some of these elements, rather than supplement them if you're not certain of what effects they may have. Copper is a difficult one, especially when you're taking ALA.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Bex] #48251
03/06/09 05:21 PM
03/06/09 05:21 PM
JK98  Offline
Master Elite Member
NYC ***
Molybdenum supplementation also causes a loss of copper.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: JK98] #48284
03/08/09 01:30 PM
03/08/09 01:30 PM
JK98  Offline
Master Elite Member
NYC ***
Linda, do you get enough copper?

http://health2us.com/zn_cu.htm

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Bex] #48285
03/08/09 03:04 PM
03/08/09 03:04 PM
Kitsune  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
Leicester, England **
Hi Bex,

Thanks for your input here. I really hope the ALA helps you -- have you started it yet?

By the way, here's what I do when I take my nighttime dose. I have a dawn simulator which takes half an hour to gradually come on. Usually the light will wake me very gently before the alarm goes off. I reach over, pick up my cup with my dose, take the lid off and drink it, then roll over and go back to sleep. I still feel it in the morning but it's certainly endurable.

If you've been a mum then this is a piece of cake anyway, LOL.

Thanks to the others here for making suggestions too. Yes, I tried copper a while back. It made me sick. To be honest, I went downhill when I tweaked my supplements recently and what I'm doing works OK for me now, so I have no desire to mess about with it again for now. I did start taking milk thistle and I seem to be getting on with that OK.

This round I decided to go with my gut feeling and increase both chelators, so now I'm on 25mg ALA and 12.5mg DMSA. I'm aware that Andy Cutler would not recommend this and it was a risk, but I'm trying to trust my intuition more these days. I've been fine, no worse than before. I feel weird at times and the insomnia has worsened, but this is better than I felt without the chelators. I'm still fatigued all the time, but somehow I have more motivation to get up and do things. I'm still sticking to the no-sugar plan and I've cooked all kinds of nice things, mainly different kinds of curries. I also made homemade chicken stock this weekend, which is a big operation. I haven't done that in over a year and during that time, I could only dream of being able to do it.

I'm now wondering where I should end the round. I was a little late in taking one nighttime dose (forgot to set the alarm) and I woke up with redistribution symptoms. I've always felt better on chelation. See how I go, but I think I'll carry on tomorrow, which would be day 4 of the round.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Kitsune] #48286
03/08/09 03:28 PM
03/08/09 03:28 PM
G
gdawson6  Offline
Advanced Master Member
Thanks to the others here for making suggestions too. Yes, I tried copper a while back. It made me sick. To be honest, I went downhill when I tweaked my supplements recently and what I'm doing works OK for me now, so I have no desire to mess about with it again for now. I did start taking milk thistle and I seem to be getting on with that OK.

I'm in the same boat...I tinkered with supplements a lot and had so many adverse reactions that I'm just sticking with the ones that work and pushing ahead with chelation because its been helping.

I guess I'm lucky...my sleep actually feels deeper and more restful when I'm on round, even though I wake up every 3-4 hours I feel better rested in the morning. Honestly, chelation is a pleasure for me...as long as I keep the dose moderate otherwise my increased energy during round turns into fatigue...the only downside of chelating for me is the day after stopping.

I have been meaning to try a pineal glandular, but I had to get a wisdom tooth extracted this week and am still in pain and really just want to it get better so I can get back to chelating. Certainly not a good time to be testing new supplements...I've also actually had to take pain relievers which is something I haven't taken for over 4 years.

Good luck with listening to your intuition, I always try to listen to mine more and more but its not always easy.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: gdawson6] #48287
03/08/09 04:31 PM
03/08/09 04:31 PM
Kitsune  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
Leicester, England **
I hear you. I've been reading a book which says that intuition is the voice of the soul, and it's rarely steered me wrong, so I think it's about time I really did listen more.

Sounds like both of us get similar effects from chelation. My mind is still tied in knots over this. I stopped chelation before because I thought the ALA and DMSA were doing something weird to me; that I didn't actually have mercury poisoning, and the chelating agents had become addictive or were forcing my adrenals to work or something. It was amazing how I felt that night when I woke up with redistribution symptoms. I wanted to press on with the round anyway, and not long after I took my dose I felt miles better. There's something a little spooky about that.

What is a pineal glandular? Is it different from an adrenal glandular?

Hope you're feeling better from the tooth extraction soon -- sounds painful frown

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Kitsune] #48288
03/08/09 06:32 PM
03/08/09 06:32 PM
G
gdawson6  Offline
Advanced Master Member
I actually meant pituitary glandular...oops. The pituitary is kinda like the master of the endocrine glands and is right above the roof of your mouth at the base of the brain.

Ya the wisdom tooth is pretty painful. I think its getting better though, these things just take longer than I would like. I get antsy when I can't chelate.

Last edited by gdawson6; 03/08/09 07:01 PM.
Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: gdawson6] #48291
03/08/09 09:26 PM
03/08/09 09:26 PM
JK98  Offline
Master Elite Member
NYC ***
I think part of the reason people run into problems when chelating is that they don't take enough mineral supplements. Those who are mercury toxic are mineral deficient, and chelation causes a loss of zinc and copper which are vital elements. i am now taking copper and zinc between chelation rounds, although perhaps I should be taking them through rounds as well?

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: JK98] #48292
03/08/09 09:39 PM
03/08/09 09:39 PM
JK98  Offline
Master Elite Member
NYC ***
"Just as copper is important for thyroid function, zinc too is needed to prevent thyroid problems. Zinc is involved in the process that converts inactive hormone T4 into active hormone T3. An excess of inactive thyroid hormones in the body can lead to an under active thyroid gland. An Italian study showed that patients suffering with hypothyroidism gained improved thyroid function by supplementing their diet with extra zinc."

"Copper plays an important role in thyroid metabolism, especially in hormone production and absorption. Copper stimulates the production of the thyroxine hormone (T4), and prevents over-absorption of T4 in the blood cells by controlling the body’s calcium levels (Calcium is required for the stabilization of cell membranes and reduces cell permeability).

Besides this, copper is also required for the synthesis of phospholipids, (a class of fats) that are found in the myelin sheaths that insulates nerves to protect them. Phospholipids are required for the stimulation of TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone). Therefore correct levels are needed to prevent thyroid problems, and can be used in the treatment of thyroid disease.
"

http://articles.webraydian.com/arti...opper_in_Effective_Thyroid_Function.html

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: JK98] #48293
03/08/09 11:05 PM
03/08/09 11:05 PM
S
Sean  Offline
Elite Member
I think part of the reason people run into problems when chelating is that they don't take enough mineral supplements. Those who are mercury toxic are mineral deficient, and chelation causes a loss of zinc and copper which are vital elements. i am now taking copper and zinc between chelation rounds, although perhaps I should be taking them through rounds as well?
Bingo! Minerals are the key. I go to curezone and a guy there called Moreless talks all about minerals and how to get them and their PH balancing effect (Magnesium, Calcium and Potassium etc.). Chelating or doing any detox without hte proper amount of minerals can tax the body and the detox can actually make you alot worse, your body needs the strength to fight the acids and poisons detox causes, so alkaline minerals beforehand can be huge before doing any kind of cleanse and for overall health. JK you always have good takes in here, it's been nice talking with you on here as me and you use the same approach pretty much. I need it pick up the cayenne again soon though, it's truly great stuff.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Sean] #48296
03/09/09 12:10 AM
03/09/09 12:10 AM
JK98  Offline
Master Elite Member
NYC ***
Thanks. So many here focus on copper toxicity, but the reality is that copper deficiency is a much greater concern for many people, so unless someone here knows they have too much copper, then taking some copper supplements(don't overdo it though) is a good idea. I knew that copper is need to make hemoglobin, but didn't find out until today that copper is involved in thyroid function and in synthesizing phospholipids. I also knew that molybdenum supplements decrease copper levels, so I know that I need to take copper supplements. I am taking just 2.5 mg a day, and only on off days.

Vitamin B12 is also so important. I am using the sublingual tablets since I can't find the nasal gel, but dissolved a tablet today into a paste, and put it in my nose. It was more effective than under my tongue. I feel a surge of energy almost immediately from the B12, and using it nasally seems to work best. Many years ago I used the nasal gel, but it seems like the gel is no longer available.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: JK98] #48297
03/09/09 12:24 AM
03/09/09 12:24 AM
S
Sean  Offline
Elite Member
Thanks. So many here focus on copper toxicity, but the reality is that copper deficiency is a much greater concern for many people, so unless someone here knows they have too much copper, then taking some copper supplements(don't overdo it though) is a good idea. I knew that copper is need to make hemoglobin, but didn't find out until today that copper is involved in thyroid function and in synthesizing phospholipids. I also knew that molybdenum supplements decrease copper levels, so I know that I need to take copper supplements. I am taking just 2.5 mg a day, and only on off days.

Vitamin B12 is also so important. I am using the sublingual tablets since I can't find the nasal gel, but dissolved a tablet today into a paste, and put it in my nose. It was more effective than under my tongue. I feel a surge of energy almost immediately from the B12, and using it nasally seems to work best. Many years ago I used the nasal gel, but it seems like the gel is no longer available.
There ya go! I posted that link before to the nasal gel, it can save you alot of money too and it works good. I like doing the nose thing, atleast three times a week is needed IMO. You get that surge immediately like you said, you can just feel it and it's second best to shots IMO and alot safer and cheaper.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Sean] #48299
03/09/09 03:00 AM
03/09/09 03:00 AM
Kitsune  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
Leicester, England **
A lot of people seem to be finding this conversation useful. JK or Sean, maybe you could start a thread about mineral supplementation?

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Kitsune] #48300
03/09/09 03:30 AM
03/09/09 03:30 AM
S
Sean  Offline
Elite Member
A lot of people seem to be finding this conversation useful. JK or Sean, maybe you could start a thread about mineral supplementation?
I will tomorrow Linda! Thanks for bringing that up, I was going to anyways, good stuff.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Sean] #48301
03/09/09 08:51 AM
03/09/09 08:51 AM
JK98  Offline
Master Elite Member
NYC ***
"There's also some evidence (once again not conclusive) that high supplemental doses of vitamin C—in a range approaching 1,000 milligrams or more—may decrease copper availability"

"Because copper is necessary for the utilization of iron, iron deficiency anemias may be a symptom of copper deficiency. "

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=nutrient&dbid=53

Last edited by JK98; 03/09/09 09:05 AM.
Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Kitsune] #48316
03/09/09 03:55 PM
03/09/09 03:55 PM
Bex  Offline
Master Elite Member
NZ ****
Hi Linda,

Hi Bex,

Thanks for your input here. I really hope the ALA helps you -- have you started it yet?

By the way, here's what I do when I take my nighttime dose. I have a dawn simulator which takes half an hour to gradually come on. Usually the light will wake me very gently before the alarm goes off. I reach over, pick up my cup with my dose, take the lid off and drink it, then roll over and go back to sleep. I still feel it in the morning but it's certainly endurable.

No problem!

I haven't got any ALA yet, but I'll let you know when I do and what happens (if anything). I won't be taking large doses, but I'll be taking a good substantial dose.

Your alarm sounds so much more...forgiving! Mine is ok, it's just a light beeping, rather than a penetrating one that wakes you up violently. I always wake up with it. I don't turn the alarm off, I reset it there and then. If I turn it off, it's too high on the cards I'll just forget to turn it back on after I reset it or fall back to sleep before doing much at all.

This round I decided to go with my gut feeling and increase both chelators, so now I'm on 25mg ALA and 12.5mg DMSA. I'm aware that Andy Cutler would not recommend this and it was a risk, but I'm trying to trust my intuition more these days. I've been fine, no worse than before. I feel weird at times and the insomnia has worsened, but this is better than I felt without the chelators. I'm still fatigued all the time, but somehow I have more motivation to get up and do things. I'm still sticking to the no-sugar plan and I've cooked all kinds of nice things, mainly different kinds of curries. I also made homemade chicken stock this weekend, which is a big operation. I haven't done that in over a year and during that time, I could only dream of being able to do it.

Why would Andy not agree with this? It sounds fine to me. As long as you're taking both every 3 hours - that is the crucial part. And as long as you're not fiddling with the doses during a round.

I'm glad you are coping ok on this and you're noticing an increase in motivation! That's a good sign. Have you thought of taking the same dose of both chelators? 25 mg of each? Or is it more economical to take less of DMSA? I'm hoping that your persistant fatigue will begin to lift in time. I guess that can be brain mercury too. When you consider it's the control centre.

I'm now wondering where I should end the round. I was a little late in taking one nighttime dose (forgot to set the alarm) and I woke up with redistribution symptoms. I've always felt better on chelation. See how I go, but I think I'll carry on tomorrow, which would be day 4 of the round

I think you can take these up to a week or so if you wish. For some it's easier and more convenient just to do 3 day rounds (which can be done on weekends if a person works or is busy during week days). I have taken late doses before. It depends how late and if it's too late, it's better to stop the round. I've suffered redistribution before. I had a horrible backlash from one once when I was not treating candida and the redistribution from a very late dose of DMSA was enough to cause big problems in my gut. I could not tolerate DMSA after that until I treated candida. Then I was able to resume DMSA. But at the time, I didn't know what was happening to me. I was a mess. I blamed DMSA, I blamed the protocol (even though I screwed up on it myself). But it was both mercury and candida that were screwing me up.

I think longer chelating rounds are always beneficial, as long as they are not TOO long. Because of loss of sleep and how minerals get depleted through the stress of chelating metals out. So one must have breaks in order to replenish themselves. Plus I think things continue to happen inbetween rounds. Like me, when I exercise - I notice effects the day or days afterwards like a sense of metals trying to come out. Usually it's the rest times that I notice the impact of what's happened and my body is still trying to push toxins out. Exercise seems to set that off.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Bex] #48320
03/09/09 05:10 PM
03/09/09 05:10 PM
Kitsune  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
Leicester, England **
Hi Bex,

Thanks as always for sharing your experiences. You're right in a way, I'm taking half the amount of DMSA as ALA because the DMSA costs so much. Though it really seems to work this way; I haven't had anything like the problems I had that day when I took ALA alone. Gut problems have vanished now, and no headaches.

I just know how "strict" they are at FDC and I know they wouldn't condone what I've done; one of their rules is that you should never increase a chelator by more than half of the dose, and you should increase them one at a time. They advise people to go really slowly with things. It's a cautious approach that no doubt helps many people, but I personally don't have the patience for it and I think my body is OK to go faster than that.

As for how long to keep the round going . . . not sure. I'm a bit frightened of redistribution symptoms. But what you just said has made me think again. Maybe it's best to let my body rest once in a while. I certainly am fatigued. Cycling to and from work is pretty tough right now.

I'm also being revisited by other old symptoms. The insomnia is ongoing. I had been really pleased to find that during the depths of winter, when the SAD is worst, I haven't had the early evening sleepiness/early morning waking, and it was wonderful to be alert in the evenings. I've given that back up now, it's sleepytime at 8pm and I usually wake up at 4am, though I can at least get back to sleep. The absentmindedness has returned too, and I have to be extra careful about that.

Inroads have not yet been made with emotional numbness, hormone balances or neurotransmitters, as far as I can tell. This is where I really need help the most. It's "brain" stuff but the ALA seems to be taking its time. I'm doing my best to have faith.

Actually, I've been reading a book that says we should be making positive affirmations about this stuff. By declaring all these symptoms to exist, and by saying "I need" and "I want," these thoughts will draw that to me -- the symptoms, and me being in need and want. I should be saying, "I am enjoying wonderful health." I can't quite manage that, so I'm saying, "Wonderful and deep healing and health are coming to me now." And I get rid of every negative thought contrary to this.

It is very hard!
Erm, I mean it's simple and natural . . . yeah . . .

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Kitsune] #48343
03/10/09 08:22 AM
03/10/09 08:22 AM
Kitsune  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
Leicester, England **
I was feeling quite fatigued, so I decided to take a chelation break starting today. The redistribution is awful. I've felt like crying for no reason all day, I have brain fog that includes troublesome forgetfulness (that I was developing during chelation anyway), my stomach is bothering me, I'm anxious . . . etc. I think I'd rather stay on chelation and deal with being tired, than have to put up with this. Yuck.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Kitsune] #48345
03/10/09 09:37 AM
03/10/09 09:37 AM
G
gdawson6  Offline
Advanced Master Member
well...on the positive side LindaLou, you can be sure that you are mercury toxic and that mercury is the source of your problems. I'm not sure what to tell you...Its good to see how you react to a little higher dose rounds but sometimes its better to go back to more moderate doses.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: gdawson6] #48346
03/10/09 09:53 AM
03/10/09 09:53 AM
Kitsune  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
Leicester, England **
Hm. The thing is, apart from the redistribution, I've been OK. It's starting to settle down a bit now, but the morning was difficult.

I guess the question I'm left with is, when do I get to feel the mercury leaving my brain? Maybe time will tell. I'm very, very keen to get some relief from feeling half-human all the time.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Kitsune] #48348
03/10/09 10:02 AM
03/10/09 10:02 AM
G
gdawson6  Offline
Advanced Master Member
after 10 rounds of ALA Andy says you should notice an intellectual change....meaning that you can tell your brain is functioning more properly.

I personally end rounds with a few doses of DMSA only to help mop up the mercury pulled out by ALA. Sometimes I even do a whole day of DMSA only. Andy said this was ok.

If you handled it well, and recover fast, I would stick with this dosage. See how you feel in a day. Otherwise maybe try ~17mg ALA (which would be 1/3 of a 50mg capsule, or 16.66).

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: gdawson6] #48350
03/10/09 12:09 PM
03/10/09 12:09 PM
Kitsune  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
Leicester, England **
It's not so bad now actually. Some lingering brain fog and depressive symptoms, but they've been gradually clearing.

I've thought of a plan for next time, as the worst of it seems to have lasted about 12 hours. I will take my last dose of the round at 7pm and sleep it off as best I can. It's awkward having brain fog in the day because I inevitably forget something at work or at home.

10 rounds, you say? Would that be rounds of 3 days each? It would be such a relief to see that this is working. My symptoms are clustered around my nervous and endocrine system. My brain must have sucked most of the mercury up and it's just sitting in there. I probably have a lot to get rid of from childhood too.

Thanks, I will soldier on!

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Kitsune] #48352
03/10/09 12:12 PM
03/10/09 12:12 PM
G
gdawson6  Offline
Advanced Master Member
yes, intellectual improvement after 10 (3)day rounds when using ALA. I certainly noticed feeling more mentally clear and cheerful after 10 rounds.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: gdawson6] #48354
03/10/09 01:30 PM
03/10/09 01:30 PM
Kitsune  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
Leicester, England **
Mind you, I already chelated for 6 months with ALA, the last 2 with a dose of 100mg. No real improvements after the initial clearance of extra mercury from amalgam removal -- but FDC say I was in the "stall period," where I wasn't feeling any better but the mercury was gradually clearing out.

I tell you what, when I finally do notice some improvement, I will be celebrating big time.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Kitsune] #49476
04/19/09 02:00 PM
04/19/09 02:00 PM
Kitsune  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
Leicester, England **
Update on my progress. In short -- fantastic!

About 6 weeks ago, I suddenly experienced a spell of feeling better than I've felt the whole 4 1/2 years I've been ill. It's perhaps what "normal" feels like, though it's been so long that I've honestly forgotten -- though there seems to be an underlying sense of peace that I have never before experienced. This feeling stayed with me for about 10 days and then I went on holiday to Scotland with my folks, which we didn't want to do but obliged. My clean diet suffered there and stress got to me a bit. Furthermore, I think I chelated too long -- I haven't been worrying about how long a round lasts -- and when I took a break, I felt pretty bad. I went back on after just 2 days and my adrenals complained a lot. Right now I am having a good week's rest and I've felt my adrenals settle a little more day by day.

More good things happened during the holiday, even after I "lost my balance." We went out to do some hill walking and I climbed some steep areas with little effort. I am so used to my limbs being leaden that this came as quite a pleasant surprise. Also, we drove for many hours on 3 separate days and with the aid of a little extra adrenal med, plus Bach's Rescue Remedy, I was fine! Last summer, the 3 hours' drive to and from Wales made me very sick.

What's more, that warm peaceful feeling is coming and going now. It doesn't seem dependent on a clean diet, which I've been struggling to get back into balance since the holiday. It doesn't seem dependent on stress levels (which are fairly high because my husband and I both have concerns about our jobs). I feel rubbish off and on, but I keep getting these spells of feeling wonderful and peaceful, like everything is right with the world. The most logical conclusion seems to be that this is how things will increasingly be for me as I carry on with chelation, though I've done a lot of complementary therapy and spiritual work that have undoubtedly been helping too.

I still take 25mg ALA and 12.5mg DMSA with every dose and I may as well keep it that way since it's working well. I recently tried to cut down on my adrenal medication but I'm obviously not ready for that yet. I think I'll need to continue taking it at this level while I am chelating, as chelation is hard on my system.

Various symptoms are still with me, particularly hormonal imbalances, but if I'm feeling like this now then I'm sure these will get sorted out, too, in time.

The future is looking very good. I'm excited and very, very grateful. I hope to continue to report positive news here -- watch this space!

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Kitsune] #49478
04/19/09 04:30 PM
04/19/09 04:30 PM
jammes  Offline
Graduate Member
Hello,

Thank you very much for posting your progress. I believe this proves that the Andy Cutler Protocol does really work.

Please continue to spread the word. There are still many sick people here on this board that don't know how to cure mercury poisoning.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Kitsune] #49479
04/19/09 08:59 PM
04/19/09 08:59 PM
G
gdawson6  Offline
Advanced Master Member
I'm glad you are feeling more alive LindaLou! Chelation is obviously making a difference in your life and quite fast in my opinion. Keep it up.

I am making pretty good progress here as well. Not very easy to define, just overall feeling even more optimistic and happy, but still have quite a number of symptoms to get rid of.

The future is looking bright!

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: gdawson6] #49576
04/23/09 02:43 AM
04/23/09 02:43 AM
Kitsune  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
Leicester, England **
Thanks both of you for your replies, and gdawson I'm glad you are feeling better. It can be hard when you feel you are making little or no progress. That was why I stopped chelation a year ago. That was a mistake but at least I'm putting it right.

I'm going to be doing this for quite a while yet, and it's a real yo-yo. I was going slightly downhill day to day during my week off chelation, and yesterday I felt ready to start another round. It's been a shock to my system though. Hopefully in a day or two I will have adjusted. Based on how I've been reacting to chelation, I'm aiming for two-week rounds with a week's break in between. At least I've had those spells of feeling so much better, so I will not get discouraged again.

Part of this may well include having to get my diet back on track. It seems the hardest thing in the world sometimes. I had six weeks of a clean diet, of which I am very proud, and I cooked some great things from recipe books. Since that chocolate shop on holiday, though, I can't keep myself away from the stuff. When I started back on chelation I got an upset stomach and wasn't all that interested in food, so it was easy. Not so easy now. Chocolate is the devil's food, LOL.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Kitsune] #49581
04/23/09 12:51 PM
04/23/09 12:51 PM
Kitsune  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
Leicester, England **
Actually, I seem to be struggling during this round. It feels like my adrenals are not coping very well. I wonder what happened? Perhaps two weeks on and one week off is rather ambitious. During the previous long round, though, I never felt any effects until I actually came off the round.

Things are fairly relaxed for me at the moment, work much less stressful. My adrenals tend to conk out in those circumstances; a bit of stress seems to get them running. Maybe that's what the problem is, and they aren't responding to the demands that chelation is putting on me.

Like I said, a real yo-yo!

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Kitsune] #49587
04/23/09 05:10 PM
04/23/09 05:10 PM
Bex  Offline
Master Elite Member
NZ ****
Hi Linda,

It's very normal to have this happen with mercury. In fact, it is one of the tell tale signs is the roller coaster rides. Up and down. Which is why it makes it so very very hard.

Also you can have good or bad rounds, so you don't know how you are going to be always from one round to another. E.g. you can feel better ON round sometimes and other times you feel better OFF round. Then it can change again.

Unfortunately as you know, mercury is often responsible for the endocrine problems many of us have. So it is a many edged sword. What you need to deal with the mercury is being hampered by the mercury itself. This includes the organs of elimination too. This is why mercury is so difficult to treat.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Bex] #49618
04/25/09 11:20 AM
04/25/09 11:20 AM
G
gdawson6  Offline
Advanced Master Member
Linda,

I tried some longer rounds recently and had a rough time afterwards as well. I think they may be extra hard on the adrenals. I think I will stick to 3-4 day rounds because a 6 day round made me feel like my adrenals crashed a bit afterward. I never could really figure out my adrenals, I don't respond well to ACE at all, and I am capable of exerting myself, but if I do exert myself too much I will feel dull, dumb, and tired for a few days. I've tried many things but the best thing for my adrenals is just keeping exercise limited to walking a few miles a day...and I don't dare to run or ride a bike otherwise I know I will be paying for it for a few days afterward.

But my adrenals don't have any problem to 3 or 4 day rounds so i have to stick with those for a while...even though I was hoping to be able to do 2 week rounds as well!

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: gdawson6] #49622
04/25/09 05:38 PM
04/25/09 05:38 PM
Kitsune  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
Leicester, England **
Thanks Bex -- yes, this is an unpredictable journey!

gdawson I think you're right in paying attention to your body's responses and acting accordingly. It sounds like our adrenals are in similar states. I can't exercise too hard either and I wish I had more time for walking in pleasant places. Do you know what the biggest adrenal stress has been for me lately? Bet you'd never guess. It's doing jigsaw puzzles. I did one over Christmas which really whacked me. I started doing one over Easter and recognised the response, had to take it apart and put it away. I enjoy doing puzzles but it must be something about the intense concentration for long periods of time. It's a shame. This sort of thing only started when I came off my antidepressant 3 years ago. That damaged my adrenals more than anything else and healing is slow (though it is happening). I hope my response to heat has improved for this summer. Warmish-to-hot days make me sick, and there's no air con here.

I just ended my own round last night, after 3 days. It was one of the hardest rounds I've done. I felt tearful and anxious the whole time, and craving chocolate like mad. Better today now that I'm off. Like you, I'll just listen to my body and try to judge what's best. Stress levels affect things as well. Due to these scrappage deals in Europe for old car trade-ins, and some diligent saving since I started working again last year, we've just managed to buy a nice little car that will get 62 mpg. I had no idea how stressful the old car was, until we sorted this out today. We've had some hefty repair bills on it and even if I hadn't consciously been thinking about it, it was always in the back of my mind: what's that weird noise? What bit will stop working next? What's going to fall off? (We were losing part of the rear bumper.) No worries now for several years at least. And not long after we made the deal and set off for home, I noticed that I was feeling relieved, and the chocolate cravings were gone. Now if I can just sort my job out for next autumn, I'll be the most laid-back person around LOL.

I'm trying to keep a positive attitude always, and that is undoubtedly keeping me feeling much better than I was several months ago. I visualise myself as being healthy, I think about what I will do and how I will feel. I am also looking at life and our purpose here in a different way. All of this helps.

Again, fingers crossed smile Full steam ahead.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Kitsune] #49628
04/26/09 04:42 PM
04/26/09 04:42 PM
Bex  Offline
Master Elite Member
NZ ****
I just ended my own round last night, after 3 days. It was one of the hardest rounds I've done. I felt tearful and anxious the whole time, and craving chocolate like mad. Better today now that I'm off. Like you, I'll just listen to my body and try to judge what's best.

Hi Linda,

When I was detoxing mercury, I used to get a few rounds where I would be tearful and anxious also - depressed too. I would take this as a positive, though it feels like a negative. Looks like you are definitely shifting mercury.

The difficulty of this is how slow it seems to take and the symptoms that occur during the process of slow healing are very very difficult at times to endure. And also the ups and downs. Just when you think you feel better, you can often be hit down again. I had that often during my healing process and it was almost torture.

It's commendable that you are trying to keep a good, positive attitude. Which is a real challenge when mercury can be such a strong dictator of feelings/emotions and outlook. I remember I could not even detect colours well, because the world to me looked darker - like looking at everything through a dirty windscreen. I used to get quite a fright when I felt better and suddenly everything looked colourful, brighter and the world was really quite exciting. It's very sad at what toxins like this can do to people. And their apparent negativity is not of their true selves.

I think it was Hal Huggins who said that the one thing about mercury that makes him most angry is how it induces suicidal thoughts in many of its victims. I can attest to that! Though not everybody gets the same symptoms with mercury - some get more physical symptoms than mental. Some get both, some get mainly psychological symptoms.

Depending I suppose where the mercury is and what's happening and of course, genetic tendencies/weaknesses etc.

Take care!

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Kitsune] #49629
04/26/09 08:10 PM
04/26/09 08:10 PM
S
Sean  Offline
Elite Member
Thanks Bex -- yes, this is an unpredictable journey!

gdawson I think you're right in paying attention to your body's responses and acting accordingly. It sounds like our adrenals are in similar states. I can't exercise too hard either and I wish I had more time for walking in pleasant places. Do you know what the biggest adrenal stress has been for me lately? Bet you'd never guess. It's doing jigsaw puzzles. I did one over Christmas which really whacked me. I started doing one over Easter and recognised the response, had to take it apart and put it away. I enjoy doing puzzles but it must be something about the intense concentration for long periods of time. It's a shame. This sort of thing only started when I came off my antidepressant 3 years ago. That damaged my adrenals more than anything else and healing is slow (though it is happening). I hope my response to heat has improved for this summer. Warmish-to-hot days make me sick, and there's no air con here.

I just ended my own round last night, after 3 days. It was one of the hardest rounds I've done. I felt tearful and anxious the whole time, and craving chocolate like mad. Better today now that I'm off. Like you, I'll just listen to my body and try to judge what's best. Stress levels affect things as well. Due to these scrappage deals in Europe for old car trade-ins, and some diligent saving since I started working again last year, we've just managed to buy a nice little car that will get 62 mpg. I had no idea how stressful the old car was, until we sorted this out today. We've had some hefty repair bills on it and even if I hadn't consciously been thinking about it, it was always in the back of my mind: what's that weird noise? What bit will stop working next? What's going to fall off? (We were losing part of the rear bumper.) No worries now for several years at least. And not long after we made the deal and set off for home, I noticed that I was feeling relieved, and the chocolate cravings were gone. Now if I can just sort my job out for next autumn, I'll be the most laid-back person around LOL.

I'm trying to keep a positive attitude always, and that is undoubtedly keeping me feeling much better than I was several months ago. I visualise myself as being healthy, I think about what I will do and how I will feel. I am also looking at life and our purpose here in a different way. All of this helps.

Again, fingers crossed smile Full steam ahead.
I read before the craving for chocolate is your body really craving for Magnesium! Have you heard that before Linda? Maybe you can up that too in the meantime to assist chelation?

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Bex] #49667
04/28/09 11:33 AM
04/28/09 11:33 AM
JK98  Offline
Master Elite Member
NYC ***
Carbohydrates boost serotonin levels. Perhaps you could try taking licorice root, which also boosts serotonin levels. Using licorice root tea and putting cinnamon on your food may help decrease the cravings for sugar.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Kitsune] #49671
04/28/09 03:28 PM
04/28/09 03:28 PM
G
gdawson6  Offline
Advanced Master Member
I hope things are picking up Linda! I took a small break from chelation to test a few supplements and I actually found one that had really good effects on me, which surprised me since I don't tolerate most supplements well. It was astaxanthin, a very powerful anti-oxidant.

Licorice and Cinnamon always sounded good in theory for my adrenals, but always made me feel worse. I even tried extended periods of using them and the results were consistent. Whereas people say tea is bad for the adrenals, so I gave up my organic green tea for a few weeks and my adrenals didn't feel any different. I also drink some black tea now sometimes and it only seems to have positive benefits and doesn't seem to stress my adrenals more.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: gdawson6] #49713
04/29/09 01:08 PM
04/29/09 01:08 PM
Kitsune  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
Leicester, England **
Thanks to both of you for the suggestions. I take 800mg magnesium a day in divided doses. I used to take liquorice extract but now that I'm on adrenal medication, it interferes with that and makes me poorly. I think where I need to look is in my head. I've got worries about my job and I think the stress is affecting my adrenals and pulling me down. I often crave chocolate when this is going on. The past 3 days I've had stomach cramps, particularly at night; I felt very poorly indeed Monday night and thought I'd got food poisoning. Guess I could do with some relaxation therapy, LOL. I will start another chelation round soon; started one last night and forgot to dose this morning so had to leave it off.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Kitsune] #49754
05/01/09 11:34 AM
05/01/09 11:34 AM
Sunshine P  Offline
Master Elite Member
London, UK *****
Update on my progress. In short -- fantastic!

About 6 weeks ago, I suddenly experienced a spell of feeling better than I've felt the whole 4 1/2 years I've been ill. It's perhaps what "normal" feels like

The future is looking very good. I'm excited and very, very grateful. I hope to continue to report positive news here -- watch this space!

Happy dayz! Thats great news:-)

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third it is accepted as being self-evident."

Sunshine
Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Sunshine P] #49772
05/02/09 08:21 AM
05/02/09 08:21 AM
Kitsune  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
Leicester, England **
Thanks!

Strange things keep happening. I was gradually going down hill since I wrote that post and more or less ended up where I was before, though as I said I remain heartened by the fact that I had that good spell -- first one I've had since I've been ill.

That hit me out of the blue. The same thing happened yesterday. I nodded off at about 6pm and when I woke up, I felt like I was coming back up from someplace very deep and far away. I had no idea what time of day it was at first. And I felt that warm sense of peace again.

It's hard to objectively assess at the moment because we've got a family crisis going on, but it seems to be sticking around for the moment. My diet isn't clean and my adrenals are weak from stress, so I'm concluding that the chelation is making a difference. Strange, this coming-and-going feeling of wellness. Hopefully things are beginning to balance and will eventually settle.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Kitsune] #49782
05/03/09 10:05 AM
05/03/09 10:05 AM
Kitsune  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
Leicester, England **
I feel wonderful this afternoon, despite really being out of control with sugar-eating at the moment. Blimey what a roller-coaster. All it seems that I can expect is the unexpected.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Kitsune] #49888
05/05/09 09:19 AM
05/05/09 09:19 AM
Sunshine P  Offline
Master Elite Member
London, UK *****
Good news, now you have some good days inbetween the bad days.....which is better than before. It means what you are doing is working and you just need to stick at it.

Recovery takes time and a lot of effort, there is no overnight cure and your good spells are a great signal.

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third it is accepted as being self-evident."

Sunshine
Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Sunshine P] #49889
05/05/09 09:31 AM
05/05/09 09:31 AM
jammes  Offline
Graduate Member
Yeah, chelate, chelate, chelate.... Get the horrible toxic stuff out of you and get on with your life.

Then never visit a traditional dentist or doctor again and you will be healthy and happy for the rest of your life!

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: jammes] #49962
05/06/09 05:18 PM
05/06/09 05:18 PM
Kitsune  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
Leicester, England **
Why all this up-and-down? It's hard to know whether I'm coming or going at the moment.

I felt very whacked this morning, so stopped my round. I managed 6 days, but yesterday was ropey. Will keep rounds to 5 days from now on, see how that works.

Interestingly, I feel more down-to-earth and focused now. My brain was like a sieve and I was trying to retain important information from textbooks. I'm definitely in a better condition to do that now. Must have been the mercury being pulled from my brain -- a good thing, of course. I'm kind of hoping I get some other symptom next time; I'd rather have insomnia or stomach aches. (Or preferably nothing!)

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Kitsune] #49963
05/06/09 05:35 PM
05/06/09 05:35 PM
G
gdawson6  Offline
Advanced Master Member
Im right there with you Lindalou, some serious ups and downs. Last round was only 3 days, I felt the best I had in probably 6 months, radiant, happy, and full of life...but after the round I just felt like crap for 3 days and could barely get anything done. I did use a sauna though, I think that was a bad idea and that I should just stick with chelation.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: gdawson6] #49968
05/07/09 02:19 AM
05/07/09 02:19 AM
Kitsune  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
Leicester, England **
Hey, that's great news! Sounds like chelation is doing something for you.

It is hard to deal with the ups and downs isn't it? I feel like a cork bobbing on a big ocean, wave after wave. But at least it's better than feeling yuck all the time, with no good spells at all.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Kitsune] #49972
05/07/09 09:21 AM
05/07/09 09:21 AM
G
gdawson6  Offline
Advanced Master Member
It is a bit tough, but the good times give me a lot of hope for the future. Its getting hot here in Southern California and that certainly makes me feel a bit different too.

When I think about how I feel overall, I would say pretty good, but I really believed I learned some superpower over the years where it really doesn't take much to make me happy. When I'm not feeling good I just lay down a lot during the day and don't do very much...and the days quickly go by. My occupations is nearly perfect in the sense that if I don't feel like doing it, most of the time it can wait, and I rarely have deadlines like that.

I think in terms of seasons, like I compare how I felt last spring to this spring, and I think (&hope) this summer will be the last summer where I feel poisoned. My that would be nice....but for now we are like corks in the ocean...

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: gdawson6] #50076
05/12/09 01:30 PM
05/12/09 01:30 PM
B
Birdlady  Offline
Veteran Member
PA ***
Originally Posted by gdawson6
It is a bit tough, but the good times give me a lot of hope for the future. Its getting hot here in Southern California and that certainly makes me feel a bit different too.

When I think about how I feel overall, I would say pretty good, but I really believed I learned some superpower over the years where it really doesn't take much to make me happy. When I'm not feeling good I just lay down a lot during the day and don't do very much...and the days quickly go by. My occupations is nearly perfect in the sense that if I don't feel like doing it, most of the time it can wait, and I rarely have deadlines like that.

I think in terms of seasons, like I compare how I felt last spring to this spring, and I think (&hope) this summer will be the last summer where I feel poisoned. My that would be nice....but for now we are like corks in the ocean...

Heat intolerance is one of the main symptoms of low aldosterone. Usually you feel ok in the winter, but as soon as it starts to warm up, the salt-wasting symptoms become unbearable. Florinef has taken away all of these symptoms in me and it's made my life 1000 times better.

When conspiracies unwind, will you slam shut or free your mind or stay hypnotized.

~Muse
Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Birdlady] #50092
05/12/09 10:10 PM
05/12/09 10:10 PM
G
gdawson6  Offline
Advanced Master Member
I actually do ok in the summers here, it just takes me a few days to adjust. If we have cool weather and all of sudden we have full blast summer heat, I feel pretty strange for a day or two but then I can handle the heat just fine.

The only problem is the weather has been fluctuating more, instead of being consistent, and I know its not just me because everyone else notices it. Its the fluctuations that get me, as apparently my body needs time to adjust.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: JK98] #50093
05/12/09 10:41 PM
05/12/09 10:41 PM
S
Sean  Offline
Elite Member
You didn't mention what your weight is. Most of my adult life I was around 40 pounds or more overweight. During the past two years when I was on a low carbohydrate diet, I became underweight. I mentioned this since carbohydrates are necessary to produce serotonin, and if your serotonin levels are low, you will feel depressed. Licorice root helps boost serotonin levels, and helps improve mood. Cinnamon helps stabilize blood sugar levels. It is important to get enough calories, and make sure you don't become underweight. Eating more frequently but less at each meal will help keep your blood sugar levels more stable. More recently I added bread and pasta back to my diet, and have gained around 10 pounds from my low. I am happy at this weight, and don't want to gain anymore.

I think my new emphasis on mineral supplementation has been a great help. In addition to the vitamins and herbs I take, I am also taking magnesium, iodine, iron, calcium, copper, molybdenum, and selenium. I think tese minerals are so important, especially since I have read that chelation can decrease mineral levels. I also think that at least part of my fatigue problem was due to mercury in my thyroid displacing iodine. High levels(some recommend up to 50 mg a day) of iodine helps to dislodge mercury from the thyroid. Coper is necessary for hemoglobin production, although some mercury toxic people have too much copper. I am taking just 2mg of copper at a time, and just on the days when I am not chelating. I am afraid to take more than around 15 mg a day of iodine. I am also more careful now about making sure to take in enough salt. It is easy for me to forget to add salt to my food.
I used Cinnamon for the last two days (I stir a half a teaspoon in water) and it seems to kill Candida and I feel better on it! Like you said it probably stabilizes blood sugar and thats a huge plus for me. Minerals as you said can be a great help, always need those when cleansing or chelating. I can't take all of the different things you do though, it's just so hard to take that much and try to keep a balance IMO, it's always will this help or what will this do and how much do I have to take, it can cause an impbalance over time right? I try to use Herbs like Alfalfa and Spirulina (Blackstrap Molasses too, very high in minerals) to get my minerals instead of taking individual supplements, it's too hard to keep up with for me. I do try to get some Magnesium here and there though when I need it, I take a teaspoon of the Citrate and it does seem to work.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Kitsune] #50102
05/13/09 04:35 AM
05/13/09 04:35 AM
Kitsune  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
Leicester, England **
I'm on day 3 of a really hard round. I'm sleepy all the time, insomnia's back, I've had IBS, I'm weepy, and I feel this sense of impending doom all the time. Mind you, I was having some of these problems to an extent before the round.

I hesitated to post that I was feeling better, in case this happened, but I suppose all this just honestly reflects my experience. It's hard to keep my chin up at the moment; I think it will be best to stop the round tonight and get some relief.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: Kitsune] #50105
05/13/09 10:17 AM
05/13/09 10:17 AM
JK98  Offline
Master Elite Member
NYC ***
I can't even manage to do rounds more than 3 days(2 nights) due to the sleep disruption. If I wake up to take a dose, then I often can't fall back to sleep again, or get enough deep sleep after waking up. I feel trapped. I can't really chelate so well, but can't go without chelation and not make any progress. I am thinking about increasing the dosage my next round. I have done 50 mg DMSA plus 50 mg ALA for around 6 rounds in a row. Do I dare increase the ALA to 100 mg while keeping the DMSA at 50 mg?
I don't want to go to 75 mg of ALA, since I can't divide the 50 mg tablets evenly. Should I try to take a 50 mg ALA every 2 hours rather than every 3? Taking the ALA at different times than the DMSA would make the chelation schedule more confusing.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: JK98] #50107
05/13/09 10:55 AM
05/13/09 10:55 AM
G
gdawson6  Offline
Advanced Master Member
Thats a tough call JK, I didn't have as many fillings as you and I can't have a good round if the dose is over 17mg of each ala/dmsa...so you are definitely taking a higher dose than most toxic people, I'm not sure if raising the dose would help. If you wake up on a night that you are not chelating, is it just as hard to fall back asleep?

Linda, I know you are anxious to get your body and mind working properly...but I feel like I've been having very similar reactions to you, and I decided it might be best for me to take an extra day or two between each round, giving my body more time to bounce back. I normally take a 3-4 day break after a round, but I took an extra few days after one round and it really made a difference, and the next round went smoother as well. You might want to try that, as I know the feeling of impending doom and it isnt fun!

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: gdawson6] #50108
05/13/09 11:59 AM
05/13/09 11:59 AM
JK98  Offline
Master Elite Member
NYC ***
I don't usually wake up in the middle of the night when I am not chelating. 17 mg of each is a very small dosage. Have you considered increasing it? How long have you been at this dosage? I was at 25 mg of each for a few weeks, then increased the ALA first before increasing the DMSA.

It would be nice to see some animal studies on chelation that compared mercury excretion for increasing the dosage vs increasing the duration of the round. Some have claimed that doubling the dosage increases mercury excretion by a factor of 1.4x (ie. the square root of 2). How much does increasing the round duration help? In other words, how much more mercury is excreted in a 6 day round than in two 3 day rounds, if they are at the same dosage?

I guess it would be okay to take twice as much ALA as DMSA. I am wondering if it would make sense to let the ratio get over 2:1 though. DMSA is expensive, and not so convenient to divide dosages.

Re: LindaLou's chelation experience [Re: JK98] #50109
05/13/09 12:21 PM
05/13/09 12:21 PM
G
gdawson6  Offline
Advanced Master Member
25mg of each made me miserable...after 1 day I would have very bad muscle ache and could not really get much work done at all. You might think 17mg is not much, but it doesn't matter what the brain thinks, it matters what your body tolerates. I know I will not get better with a higher dosage as I can feel the amount of damage it does to my body. I would prefer to do longer rounds but after 4 days I really can't continue and need to stop.

It is really important to pace yourself when it comes to chelating. Its not good to think purely in terms of numbers as the body is much more complex than that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2