Laura (of Herb Allure) found this gem of information today while performing research for the HART Toolkit. I wanted to share it with you...<P>It's printed in Clinical Pearls News, February 1998 edition, page 30.<P>I have to paraphrase...<P>It says that seven MS patients had their amalgam fillings removed. A test, called the <I>visual evoked response</I> (or VER) was conducted on the patients before and then again six months after the removal. The tests showed a decrease in VER on the second testing.<P><B><I>Technically speaking, the mean latency of P1 for the left and right eye decresed by 23.1 milliseconds, and N1 (mean) for both eyes decresed by 31.7 milliseconds.</I></B><P><B><I>"The authors suggest that the mercury from dental amalgam was an etiologic factor in reducing nerve conduction velocity in multiple sclerosis patients. The VER latencies decreased significantly in 5 of 7 multiple sclerosis patients after removal of amalgams."</I></B><P><I>"Evidence That Mercury From Silver Dental Fillings may Be an Etiological Factor in Reduced Nerve Conduction Velocity in Multiple Sclerosis Patients," Siblerud, Robert L. and Kienholz, Eldon, Journal of Orthmmolecular Medicine, 1997;12(3):169-172.</I><BR><P>------------------<BR>Russ Tanner<BR>of Herb Allure

Russ Tanner
of Herb Allure