Quoted from <I>Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy Selected Abstracts</I>, AO Summers, J Wireman, MJ Vimy, FL Lorscheider, B Marshall, SB Levy, S Bennett and L Billard; Department of Microbiology, University of Georgia, Athens 30602.<P><I><B>"Mercury released from dental "silver" fillings provokes an increase in mercury and antibiotic-resistant bacteria in oral and intestinal floras of primates."</B></I><P><I>"In a survey of 640 human subjects, a subgroup of 356 persons without recent exposure to antibiotics demonstrates that those with a high prevalence of Hg [Mercury] resistance in their intestinal floras were significantly more likely to also have resistance to two or more antibiotics."</I><P>In a study on monkeys:<P><I>"...There was a statistically significant increase in the incidence of mercury-resistant bacteria during the 5 weeks immediately following installation of the amalgam fillings and during the 5 weeks immediately following their replacement with glass ionomer fillings."</I><P><BR>------------------<BR>Russ Tanner<BR>of Herb Allure<p>[This message has been edited by Russ (edited October 27, 2000).]

Russ Tanner
of Herb Allure