Link to this article using this short URL:
http://urlbam.com/ha/M004J

Anti-Natural-Supplement Lies from the Wall Street Journal

This short article exposes the methods used to convince and coerce you into believing things untrue. These techniques are used in mainstream media virtually continuously. The more you are aware of these deceptive methods, the less you will be coerced by them.

Following is a link to the article we are referencing:
Herbal Supplements Face New Scrutiny

Let's take a look at the opening paragraph:

"Many botanical supplements—made from the seeds, bark, leaves, flowers and stems of a wide range of plants—have been widely used as folk remedies for centuries. Americans have been consuming growing quantities of the supplements in hopes of warding off disease and easing symptoms of various conditions. But there is scant scientific evidence to support their health benefits."

Let's quickly pick it apart.

"...made from the seeds, bark, leaves, flowers and stems..."

This phrase associates natural medicine to common plant parts thereby discrediting them in the mind of the reader.

This Wall Street Journal disinformation fails to mention that the active extracts of these plant-components along with their actions in the human body are almost-always identified scientifically.

Ironically, many pharmaceuticals are patented copies of natural extracts. For example, Sudafed is a patented, profitable, artificial reconstruction of naturally-occurring ephedra. "psudo" or "suda" means "false", and "fed" is short for "ephedra", hence "Sudafed" literally means "false ephedra".

Natural ephedra is incredibly effective for drying sinuses, opening breathing passages, and drying runny noses. I know because I often used it myself and I know numerous medical and alternative practitioners that have for decades.

Because the pharmaceutical industry was missing out on some profits in this $10+ billion "runny nose" industry, they launched an all-out attack on natural ephedra and eventually had it outlawed in the U.S.

These attacks against natural, inexpensive ephedra were based on the death of a baseball player who had a heart attack after drinking alcohol, coffee, and taking a natural ephedra product. The FDA (a pharmaceutically-controlled regulatory agency) attack against natural ephedra never mentioned that the baseball player had a preexisting heart condition, and that the original official cause-of-death made no mention of ephedra. Only after the cause-of-death was mysteriously altered by the FDA - to blame ephedra - was this case used to make false-claims against natural ephedra.

This notorious industry scandal is detailed in the book "Ephedra Fact and Fiction: How...s to Vitamins, Minerals, and Herbs"

"...have been widely used as folk remedies for centuries."

This phrase attempts to associate natural medicinal modalities with the word "folk". Because the word "folk" is so often associated with the phrase "folk tales" - which generally means "something that isn't true" - the WSJ is inferring that there is no science supporting natural supplements.

Nothing could be further from the truth. In fact, our company collects and publishes scientific information about herbs and natural supplements in our 600+ -page, referenced, updated-quarterly reference: The HART Master Reference.

Most of our information comes from peer-reviewed medical journals, established medial references, university research, and foreign governments such as the official German Commission E Monographs.

"...in hopes of warding off disease and easing symptoms..."

In this phrase, they attempt to associate natural medicine with "hopes". By using this word, they attempt to associate scientific natural medicine with feeble "hopes", not results, not success, not science.

They also use the phrase "warding off". This phrase is commonly associated with "spells" and "evil spirits" thereby creating yet another false discrediting association.

Finally, they use the term "easing". Being someone who has been in the natural medicine industry for over 12 years now, I rarely see easing of symptoms from natural modalities. Instead, I see symptoms and diseases that go away. Knowing literally hundreds of the nation's leading herbalists, I know that they have experienced results vastly superior to pharmaceutical toxins as well.

In fact, I regularly have contact with people who had used doctor-prescribed pharmaceuticals for years with no results, only to finally find relief after visiting a natural practitioner using natural supplementation. In fact, this is the norm today, and a reason why herbs pose a very real threat to the pharmaceutical industry.

...there is scant scientific evidence to support their health benefits.

This is a lie: A pure, unadulterated lie.

A great irony about this lie is that herbs and alternative supplements have many-times more research and many-times the history of safety than do 99% of pharmaceuticals on the market today.

Pharmaceutical drugs normally go though a relatively short testing period. These tests are almost always financed by the pharmaceutical companies themselves, so it's no surprise that volumes of fake research, non-existent researchers, and bribed scientists have been exposed in the past several years.

Should we be surprised that doctor-prescribed pharmaceutical drugs are the # 1 killer today?

In contrast, there is so much research available demonstrating the safety and effectiveness of herbal supplements that no bookshelf can possibly contain it. Many are surprised to discover that a long and rich history of herbal research is present in most medical journals and university research journals.

The Journal of the American Medical Association, Lancet, The Journal of the National Cancer Institute, The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, The British Journal of Cancer, The New England Journal of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, University of Maryland, Cornell University, University of California, University of Texas, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, Cambridge University, The German Commission E, and literally hundreds more.

Yes, this is just a minute sample a peer-reviewed journals and research sources that we use to compile information for our own books and articles on herbs.

The idea that pharmaceutical drugs have much more research than most herbs do is a wild myth propagated by the pharmaceutical industry in order to attempt to discredit the competition.

Make no mistake, when it comes to large pharmaceutical corporations, truth is no obstacle. What really matters is the bottom line (money).

Conclusion

The deception and false association in the Wall Street Journal article goes on-and-on (we only covered 1 paragraph), but I certainly hope this short critique helps people understand the level of deception that exists in our corruption-saturated media.

I look forward to the day when these professional liars - who are responsible for immeasurable death and suffering - will be held accountable for their schemes.

The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers. -Thomas Jefferson

Would you like REAL News?

We recommend:

Max Keiser

Gerald Celente

The Captian
Today they call you "crazy". Tomorrow they call you "ahead of your time."
Global Skywatch Learn about Chemtrails - You're breathing them now!
OnlyTheBestHerbs.com World-class supplements
Mercury Talk Why you are sick.
OneUp Domains Domains, Hosting, Email
1-800-358-4278 (U.S. & Canada)