News you won't see in controlled mainstream media.

Circle-of-Life Forums - Welcome
Open-Source News, Natural Health, Recipes, Freedom, Preparedness, Computers, Technology, Movies, Reviews, History, Wisdom, Truth
See All Social Media We Are On | Trouble viewing videos? Use FireFox instead of Chrome.
Mercury Detox & Amalgam Fillings Forum

The Mercury Detox & Amalgam Fillings Forum

Detoxing Heavy Metals, Removing Amalgam Fillings, Understanding Mercury Poisoning

Our Most Popular Videos, Audio Clips, and Articles

Text
Text

views

Secret News
News you won't hear in controlled mainstream media.
Video Document
Video

views

CFL Bulbs: Are They Safe?
An experiment exposing the serious danger of compact fluorescent bulbs.
Video Document
Video

views

Mercury From Canned Fish Contaminating Your Kitchen
Open a can of fish and you begin breathing mercury vapor.
Website
Website

(remote)

views

Spraying the Skies with Toxic Metals
Have you heard about the epic crime of human history?
Video
Video

views

The Global Depopulation Agenda Documented
A MUST-SEE lecture for every parent!
Video
Video

views

What In the World are They Spraying?
Vaccination via the air for everyone, every day!
Video
Video

views

The
A 2-minute explanation of the global warming lie.
Video
Video

views

Global Warming: The Other Side
The Weather Channel founder exposes the GW lie.
Video
Video

views

Know Your Enemy
A revolutionary look at Earth history.
Video
Video

views

Mystery Babylon
The grandmother of all conspiracies.
Video
Video

views

The Power Behind the New World Order
An essential video for all wishing to understand.
Video
Video

views

Global Warming: Is CO2 the Cause
Dr. Robert Carter tells the truth about global warming.
Video
Video

views

All Jesse Ventura Conspiracy Theory Episodes In One Place
Easily find the episodes you want to watch.
Text
Text

views

New Study Steers Mercury Blame Away From Vaccines Toward Environment: But Where's It Coming From?
New study steers mercury blame away from vaccines.
Text
Text

views

Revelation 18:23 What does "sorcery" really mean?
Text
Text

views

The Leading Cause of Death Globally - Likely Has Been for Decades
Modern medicine leading cause of death globally?
Video
Video

views

Lies In the Textbooks - Full Version
Blatant, intentional lies in American textbooks.
Text
Text

views

Stop Chemical and Biological Testing on U.S. Citizens
Testing on U.S. Citizens is perfectly legal today.
Text
Text

views

Do Vaccines Cause Cancer? Cancerous Cell Lines Used in the Development of Vaccines
DOCUMENTED! Cancerous cell lines used in vaccines!
Video
Video

views

Italian Doctor - Dr. Tullio Simoncini - Reportedly Curing 90% of Cancer Cases
Italian Doctor makes history & gets license revoked.
Video
Video

views

Apollyon Rising 2012 - The Final Mystery Of The Great Seal Revealed: A Terrifying And Prophetic Cipher, Hidden From The World By The U.S. Government For Over 200 Years Is Here
The Final Mystery Of the Great Seal of the U.S. Revealed
Video
Video

views

Invisible Empire - New Epic Video about the New World Order
Epic Video about the New World Order.
Video
Video

views

The Lie of the Serpent: Dr. Walter Veith Examines the New Age Movement's Relationship to the New World Order
The New Age Movement & The New World Order
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Whitewater, drug smuggling, and the bloodiest campaign trail in history
Text Document
Text

views

Secret News
Professional actors in politics and media
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The biggest conspiracy of all: Keeping it all in the family
Text Document
Text

views

Secret News
Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP): The language of politics
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Congressman Sherman tells it like it is; Is anyone listening?
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The only way to ensure privacy is to remove your cell phone battery
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Rep Kapture reveals epic crimes that remain unpunished
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The reason so many are sterile, sick and dying today
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Former U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney Says "No Evidence" for Bin Laden Involvement in 9-11
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The highest elected U.S. officials make sure they are exempt from justice.
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The murder of JFK cleared the way for the communist globalist agenda
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The world's largest military contractors exposed in "Iraq For Sale"
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
A paradigm-changing video that everyone must see.
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
This is a chilling video that exposes the use-or misuse-of the word "force" in HR1955
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
A Hollywood producer told about 9/11 before it happened
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
How many other news stories have been faked that we don't know about?
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Texas legislators on both sides of the iasle voting for each other
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper and Australian Prime Minister John Howard give the same speech
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Why are are few (not all) police working to promote hate and violence?
Text Document
Text

views

Secret News
New grassroots movement protects U.S. citizens against unlawful police action
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Russ), 1,343 guests, and 27 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Left Sidebar Ad
Popular Topics(Views)
338,872 DOES GOD EXIST?
254,062 Please HELP!!!
162,037 Open Conspiracy
106,499 History rules
98,855 Symmetry
87,744 oil pulling
Support Our Forum
Herbs/Nutrition
Only The Best HerbsOnly The Best Herbs!
Your best source of world-class herbal information! More...
Mercury Detox
Amalgam Illness: Diagnosis and Treatment by Dr. Andrew Cutler#1 Book We've Found!
"Silver" fillings, mercury detox, & much more. More...
Algin
AlginFor Mercury Detox
Prevent mercury reabsorption in the colon during detox. More...
Mercury Poisoning
DMSA, 25mg.Softcover & Kindle
Excellent resource for mercury detox. More...
DMSA 100mg
EDTA 500mg
DMSA, 25mg.For Mercury Chelation
For calcium chelation and heart health. More...
Vaccine Safety?
Vaccines: The Risks, The Benefits, The Choices by Dr. Sherri TenpennyMust for Every Parent
The most complete vaccine info on the planet. More...
Stop Candida!
Candida ClearFinally.
Relief! More...
Saying NO To Vaccines
Saying No To Vaccines by Dr. Sherri TenpennyDr. Sherri Tenpenny
Get the info you need to protect yourself. More...
Nano-Silver
Amalgam Illness: Diagnosis and Treatment by Dr. Andrew CutlerWhat everyone's talking about!
Safe, powerful, timely! More...
World's Best Vitamin E
Vitamin E wih SeleniumThere is a difference!
A powerful brain antioxidant for use during Hg detox. More...
It's All In Your Head
It's All In Your Head by Dr. Hal HugginsThis changed my life!
This book convinced me remove my fillings. More...
World's Best Multi
Super Supplemental - Full-Spectrum Multivitamin/Mineral/Herbal SupplementThis is what we use!
The only multi where you feel the difference. More...
Understand Hair Tests
Hair Test Interpretation: Finding Hidden Toxicities by Dr. Andrew CutlerHair Tests Explained!
Discover hidden toxicities, easily. More...
GABA
GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid)Have Racing Thoughts?
Many use GABA for anxiety and better sleep. More...
Pet Health Charts
Pet Health Charts for Dogs, Cats, Horses, and BirdsHelp Them!
Natural health for pets. More...
The Companion Bible (Hardcover)
The Companion BibleThe Bible We Use!
King James with study notes by Bullinger. More...
The Companion Bible (Softcover)
The Companion BibleThe Bible We Use!
King James with study notes by Bullinger. More...
Sweet Remedy
Sweet RemedyFood Additives
Protect your family from toxic food! More...
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
-THE REMEDY FOR FEAR #65706
02/04/12 11:16 AM
02/04/12 11:16 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-THE REMEDY
FOR FEAR ~~

--Psalm 34:1-10
---
I sought the LORD,
and He heard me,
and delivered me
from all my fears.
--Psalm 34:4
bible
---
IN his first inaugural speech in 1933, Franklin D. Roosevelt, the newly elected president of the US, addressed a nation that was still reeling from the Great Depression. Hoping to ignite a more optimistic outlook regarding that economic crisis, he declared, "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself!"

Fear often shows up in our lives when we are at risk of losing something--our wealth, health, reputation, safety, family, friends. It reveals our innate desire to protect the things in life that are imortant to us, rather than fully entrusting them to God's care and control.

When fear takes over, it cripples emotionally and saps us spiritually. We're afraid to tell others about Christ, to extend our lives for others, or to venture into new territory. A fearful spirit is more vulnerable to the enemy, who tempts us to compromise biblical convictions and to take matters into our own hands.

The remedy for fear, of course, is trust in our Creator. Only when we trust the reality of God's presence, power, protection, and provision for our lives can we share the joy of the psalmist, who said, "I sought the LORD, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears" (Ps. 34:4).

----
-TRUST IN THE LORD IS THE CURE FOR A FEARFUL SPIRIT.

--ODB/JS

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." [John 14:6]
Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #65707
02/04/12 12:05 PM
02/04/12 12:05 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-FEAR

'Fear knocked at the door. Faith answered. No one was there.'
--(author, unknown)
----
-Scripture Verses on Fear ~~ King James Version ---- bible

"For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee." (Isaiah 41:13)

"But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil." (Proverbs 1:33)

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." (2 Timothy 1:7)

"In righteousness shalt thou be established; thou shalt be far from oppression; for thou shalt not fear; and from terror; for it shall not come near thee." (Isaiah 54:14)

"When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee;; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee; when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. (Isaiah 43:2)

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." (John 14:27)~~JESUS

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
"Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou annointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over." (Psalm 23: 4,5)

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?
Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident." (Psalm 27:1,3)
----- cross -----
"Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." -(Romans 8:37-39)

--JESUS IS LORD!

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." [John 14:6]
Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #65709
02/05/12 12:06 PM
02/05/12 12:06 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-The Goodness of God ~ roseinbloom

'We walk without fear, full of hope and courage and strength to do His will, waiting for the endless good which He is always giving as fast as He can get us able to take it in.'

--George MacDonad
---
'God cannot give us a happiness and peace apart from himself, because it is not there. There is no such thing.'

--C.S.Lewis
---
'God's peace...is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest.' (Philippians 4:7 TLB)
---
'God loves us for ourselves. He values our love more than He values galaxies of new created world. We simply must trust Him.'
--A. W. Tozer
---
star'If you believe in God, it is not too difficult to believe that He is concerned about the universe and all the events on this earth. But the really staggering message of the Bible is that this same God cares deeply about you and your identity and the events of your life... We have missed the full impact of the Gospel if we have not discovered what it is to be ourselves, loved by God, irreplaceable in His sight, unique among our fellowmen.'

--Bruce Larson
---
'Our greatness rests solely on the fact that God in His incomprehensible goodness has bestowed His love upon us. God does not love us because we are so valuable; we are valuable because God loves us.'

--Helmut Thielicke
---
"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear; because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love."
--(1 JOHN 4:18) KJV

-"May mercy and peace and love be multiplied to you."
--(Jude 1:2 NASB)
cross

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #65720
02/06/12 12:47 PM
02/06/12 12:47 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-WINGS LIKE
A DOVE ~~

Psalm 55:4-22
---
Oh, that I had wings
like a dove!I would
fly away and be at
rest. --Psalm 55:6
angelwing
---
David sighed, "Oh, that I had wings like a dove! I would fly away and be at rest" (Ps. 55:6). When life weighs on me, I too yearn to fly away and be at rest.

David wrote freely about his circumstances: Violence, oppression, and strife surrounded him on all sides, stirred up by the disloyalty of an old friend (55:8-14). Fear and terror, pain and trembling, anxiety and restlessness ovewhelmed him (vv.4-5). Is it any wonder he longed to fly away?

But escape was impossible. He could not evade his lot. He could only give his circumstances to God: "As for me, I will call upon God, and the LORD shall save me. Evening and morning and at noon I will pray, and cry aloud, and He shall hear my voice" (vv.16-17)

Whatever our circumstances--a burdensome ministry, a difficult marriage, joblessness, or a deep loneliness--we can give them to God. He has lifted the burden of our sins; will He not lift the weight of our sorrows? We have trusted Him with our eternal souls; can we not entrust our present circumstances to Him?

"Cast your burden on the LORD, and He shall sustain you" ( PSM.55:22).
---
-Because God cares about us,
we can leave our cares with Him.

--ODB/DR

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #65732
02/07/12 04:00 PM
02/07/12 04:00 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-Our Calling in
Troubled Times

-READ/ 2 Corinthians 4:6-18 bible

IN difficult times, the world taps into our fears and sells us a false message: Look out for number one. The more tumultuous life becomes, the easier it is to be self-centered. We focus on things the world tells us we should worry about, and our thoughts are consumed with me, myself, and I-my opinions, what I feel, and what the uncertain future means for me. But God wants us to get our minds off ourselves and to focus on what He has in mind for our lives.

So how should we respond to days of turmoil? First, we who know Christ are called to take hold of courage and confidence that He is sufficient, no matter what happens. Second, the Bible says that we're the light of the world and are called to live out the life-transforming message within us. Think about how the early church responded to those turbulent times. Did they recoil into thie small congregations? No. They went forward boldly--even willing to lose their lives--because they knew the greatness of God's gift to them and wanted to share it with the world.

God doesn't want His children to focus on themselves in times of crisis or instability. Rather, He calls us to take hold of the opportunity to bring His hope to those searching for what really matters.

Are you living for yourself or for God? He didn't put us here to retreat in fear from the world. Instead, He entrusted us with a mission: to make a difference in people's lives through His Spirit. When we lose our self-centeredness, others will be drawn to His love, joy, and peace in us.

--In Touch

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #65733
02/07/12 04:39 PM
02/07/12 04:39 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-Fear Not, Little Flock
-By: John D. Morris, Ph.D.

“But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you” (Luke 12:31).
----- cross
In these days of financial worries and rampant materialism, it does us good to reflect on Christ’s teaching concerning our priorities. In this passage, He was teaching His disciples not to be troubled over temporal things (v.22), but to rest in the fact that He will supply our needs. “If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven; how much more will He clothe you, O ye of little faith?” (v.28). We are not to have our mind set on material things (v.29), neither are we to be “of doubtful mind” wavering between hope and fear of the future.

We are to be different. We are children of the King and are in His care. The “nations of the world seek after” (v.30) these things. Our Father knows that we have need of certain things, and since He loves us and has our best interests at heart, we have nothing to “fear” and can be assured that “all these things shall be added unto (us)” (v.31).

But more is involved. It is not enough simply to avoid improper fixation on the things of the world; we are to seek rather “the Kingdom of God”; we are to be about His business. His priorities should be our priorities. We must strive to know Him and His word so well that we naturally conform our actions to His desires. If we do so, He not only will take pleasure in supplying our physical needs (v.31), but also “it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom” (v.32).

It is our privilege to participate in His work on Earth as He enables. Our part may be to give: “Sell (what you) have, and give alms,” thereby storing up “a treasure in the heavens that faileth not” (v.33), or to pray, “for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also” (v.34). If our primary desire is to enhance the work of the Kingdom, then He will give us that desire, and we will see fruit which lasts for eternity.

-ICR/ JDM

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #65738
02/07/12 08:05 PM
02/07/12 08:05 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-Fear The Right Fear
-By: Henry Morris, Ph.D.

“Say ye not, A confederacy, to all them to whom this people shall say, A confederacy; neither fear ye their fear; nor be afraid. Sanctify the LORD of hosts Himself; and let Him be your fear; and let Him be your dread” (Isaiah 8:12,13).
--- bible
The people of Judah were terrified by the imminent prospect of invasion by the cruel Assyrian hordes who had been further strengthened by a confederacy with Judah’s own brethren in the ten-tribe kingdom of Israel. It is indeed cause for concern when compromising Christians join ranks with ungodly pagans in opposing those who defend the true word of God, for such a combination seems almost too strong to resist. A modern example is the current collaboration between the secular evolutionists and those Christian evolutionists and “progressive creationists” who oppose Christians who stand for the literal truth of the Biblical record of creation and earth history.

This is cause only for concern, however, not for fear! Just as in Isaiah’s day, we must fear God--not men. In the coming judgment it will be far easier to explain to God why we had too much faith in His word, than too little!

These verses are referred to by the apostle Peter in a well-known New Testament passage: “Be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled; But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear” (I Peter 3:14,15).

Therefore, when unbelievers and compromising believers join forces against those who fully believe the Bible, the proper response is not panic, or submission, or even belligerent opposition, but an implicit confidence in God and His word, accompanied by a gracious “answer” (literally, “apologetic”) in defense of the truth, given in a meek spirit and in fear only of God.

-ICR/ HMM

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #65743
02/08/12 12:50 PM
02/08/12 12:50 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-The Fear of the Lord

"And unto man He said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding" (Job 28:28).
--- angelwing ---
This key phrase, "the fear of the Lord" (Yahweh), occurs in a distinctive pattern in the Old Testament. There are 14 occurrences in the book of Proverbs and seven in the other books, or a total of three times seven altogether, both of which are important Bible numbers.

As we see from the verses in Job preceding our text, when God made man He told him that true wisdom is "the fear of the Lord" (Adonai -- the only use of Adonai with this phrase). Unfortunately, Adam and Eve sought wisdom in the tree of knowledge instead (Genesis 3:6) and soon were hiding themselves in fear.

The psalmist testifies: "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom" (Psalm 111:10). The final occurrence of the phrase is also in a wisdom context. "And wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times, and strength of salvation: the fear of the Lord is His treasure" (Isaiah 33:6).

There are numerous other references to fearing God. It means profound awe, intense awareness of God's hatred of sin, as well as His omniscience and omnipresence, and living in light of the certainty of facing Him at His future judgment seat. It means unquestioning belief in God's Word and in His unmerited gift of salvation.

But then it also means "the beginning of knowledge," "to hate evil," "prolonged days," "strong confidence," "a fountain of life," and a "satisfied life," as well as attaining true "riches and honor" (Proverbs 1:7; 8:13; 10:27; 14:26; 14:27; 19:23; 22:4).

"The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring for ever" (Psalm 19:9), and those who truly fear the Lord have everlasting life.

--ICR/HMM

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR / Fear Not [Re: Abigail] #65755
02/09/12 10:31 AM
02/09/12 10:31 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-Fear Not

“And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear Him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell” (Matthew 10:28). cross

During the darkest days of World War II, when London was being rocket-bombed almost daily and Londoners were in daily fear for their lives, they were stirred by Winston Churchill’s words (quoting President Roosevelt) when he said, “The only thing we have to fear is fear itself!”

For the past year, our own leaders and the news media have been reminding us daily that we are in a “War on Terror,” yet encouraging us to be confident, as well as alert. The apostle Peter, concerned with the serious dangers faced by the early Christians, similarly encouraged them: “If ye suffer for righteousness’ sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled” (I Peter 3:14).

We Christians certainly should be concerned about the possible dangers confronting us because of the “terrorists” of these latter days, but we need even more to keep all this in eternal perspective. As Christ said in our text, a far more serious danger—awaiting both indifferent secularists in our own country and those whom we call terrorists from Muslim and Communist countries—is the soon-coming judgment by our Creator because He is able to consign both soul and body to everlasting punishment in hell.

Therefore, our message to the terrorists, as well as to all unsaved men everywhere, has to be to “flee from the wrath to come” (Luke 3:7) through “repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ” (Acts 20:21).

As Paul said: “Knowing . . . the terror of the Lord, we persuade men. . . . We pray you in Christ’s stead, be ye reconciled to God. For He hath made Him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him” (II Corinthians 5:11,20,21). HMM

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR / Mega-Storm; Mega-Calm; Mega Fear- [Re: Abigail] #65756
02/09/12 10:49 AM
02/09/12 10:49 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-Mega-Storm: Mega-Calm: Mega-Fear
-By: John D. Morris, Ph.D.

“And He said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith?” (Mark 4:40). cross

There are times in our lives that the intensity of life’s pressures brings about an intensity of fear. Christ desires to use these circumstances to bring about an intensity of faith.

The life circumstance in which the disciples found themselves was quite serious-a sudden, intense storm on the Sea of Galilee. Many of the disciples were experienced fishermen, quite familiar with this lake and its sudden, violent storms, yet this storm was a “great [the Greek word is megas or mega] storm of wind” (v.37), and the ship was filled with water, about to sink.

There were two possible reactions. They had been with Christ for two years or so and had seen many manifestations of His divine power and knew of His divine, unfailing mission. Peace, an assurance that God would care for them, should have been their response, but they chose to panic instead. In all likelihood, we would have panicked also, as we usually do when in even lesser danger.

They awakened Christ, informing Him that He (the eternal Creator) was about to perish. Christ, who in His flesh was no doubt extremely tired, arose from His sleep and addressed the storm. “Hush,” He said (better translation than “peace”), “be still,” or calm, perhaps so He could go back to sleep (v.39). The result? A “great [or mega] calm” prevailed, the waves were immediately still, the wind was intensely quiet, and the disciples “feared exceedingly” (v.41), or better, “mega fear” possessed them.

As Christ lay back down to sleep, He spoke the words in our text, and He speaks them to us today. The exhibit of His power in Scripture and in our own experience should overwhelm our fear with faith. “Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief” (Mark 9:24).

-ICR/JDM

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR / Our Guilt is Gone/ Christ's righteousness given! [Re: Abigail] #65786
02/11/12 12:18 PM
02/11/12 12:18 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-Justification means our guilt gone,
Christ's righteousness given!

----- cross
-THE DEVIL
IN COURT

Zechariah 3:1-5
---
"I have removed your
iniquity from you."
--Zechariah 3:4
bible
---
"The Devil and Daniel Webster" is a short story by Stephen Vincent Benet. In it, Jabez Stone, a New England farmer, has such "bad luck" that he sells his soul to the devil to become prosperous. Eventually, the devil comes to collect Jabez's debt. But the eminent lawyer Daniel Webster is called in to defend him. Through a skillful series of arguments, Webster wins the case against the devil, and Jabez is saved from perdition.

Of course, this tale is only fiction. But the Bible records a vision in which Satan accuses a believer before the Divine Judge. Joshua, a high priest, stands before God. As a picture of his personal sin and guilt, the priest is dressed in filthy clothing. Nearby, Satan accuses Joshua. But the Angel of the Lord rebukes him and says to Joshua: "See I have removed your iniquity from you, and I will clothe you with rich robes" (Zechl 3:4).

Only God can make a sinner acceptable to Him. And the New Testament tells us how: "If anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous" (1 John 2:1).

Do you feel unworthy to enter the presence of God?

Remember, as Christians our Savior's blood has cleansed us, and Christ Himself represents us.

The power of God can turn a heart
From evil and the power of sin;
The love of God can change a life
And make it new and cleansed within.

--ODB/DF

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR / In the Grip of Grace [Re: Abigail] #65791
02/12/12 07:24 PM
02/12/12 07:24 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
-In the Grip of Grace
-Philippians 3:12

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me." (Phil. 3:12) angelwing

Possession is in the "eye of the holder". When I hold hands with my wife, am I holding her hand or is she holding mine? The answer is both! Lord willing, she would be happily holding fast to my hand as I was happily holding fast to hers.

The Apostle Paul knows that He is in the grip of God's sovereign grace, that nothing can pluck him from his Father's hand, and that God has already given him "everything he needs for life and godliness (2 Peter 1:3)." The stong arm of the Lord has indeed reached down to pluck another brand from the fire. "Christ Jesus has...laid hold of me!"

Still, this does not mean that Paul doesn't strive, strain and press on to more fully experience the grace he has received. He knows he is a work in progress and is squeezing back, not to somehow make up for the Lord's slack hand, but to more fully experience what the Lord is holding him for!

We can know, right along with Paul, the profound hold that Jesus has on our lives. a grip so tight that He will never let us go.

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR / Good News in 'These Evil Days' - [Re: Abigail] #65842
02/16/12 11:31 AM
02/16/12 11:31 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--Good News in 'These Evil Days'
-By: Franklin Graham
-- (Decision Magazine-Feb. 2012)

The Bible has a lot to say about evil.

It was because of our evil, wicked ways that God sent His Son to save us from our sins (Titus 2:11-14). There are evil, demonic forces actively working in the spiritual realm (Ephesians 6:12) that oppose the followers of Christ and their work in Christ's name on earth. The Apostle Paul described our current world system as "this present evil age" (Galatians 1:4).

Certainly as we look around us we can see many manifestations of evil: political corruption, violent terrorism, economic turmoil and family disarray. Nuclear weapons are in the hands of unstable nations. Iran menaces Israel and has threatened to cut off much of the world's oil supply. Brutal wars are being fought in dozens of countries.

Evil, dark days indeed.

But despite the prevalence of wickedness, the focus of the Gospel is relentlessly on redemption and triumph. cross Believers in the Lord Jesus Christ are called to "not to be overcome by evil, but (to) overcome evil with good" (Romans 12:21). In our fight against the spiritual forces of wickedness, we can put on God's complete armor (Ephesians 6:13-17) and successfully resist the devil and his malicious entourage.

The Scripture calls on Christians to recognize "evil days" as ripe opportunities for sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ and living in the power of the Holy Spirit. Paul's exhoration to the Ephesians is our call to spiritual arms as well: "Make the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil" (Cf. Ephesians 5:15).

Christians should live lives above reproach, obedient to the Lord and dependent on the Holy Spirit. We should be taking advantage of our work, our relationships and our sphere of influcnce to bear witness to the reality of God's saving grace through faith in Christ. We should be diligently using our time to serve Christ and make Him known in every way we can.

People need to see that the hope we profess is genuine. "But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect" (1 Peter 3:15).

And desite these dark days, I'm convinced that many are beginning to realize their need for a Savior. They have put their faith in government or other institutions to solve their problems, and they feel betrayed and have become cynical. Unfortunately, many have no relationship with a church, no understanding of the fundamental problem of sin and no one to guide them into the truths of Scripture.

It's our responsibility--as indiviual Christians, as churches and as organizations like the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association--to reach them with the truth and power of the Gospel.

The evil days won't end until the Second Coming of Jesus Christ. But in the meantime, we should not be discouraged. Instead, we should be thankful that God has given us this critical hour to tell the people of the world about the Savior's love. ~~
-----
-Upcoming Crusades for BGEA--
This year we will have Crusades in Japan, Hungary and Ghana, and we'll reach out across the Great Lakes with Rock the Lakes evangelistic Festivals. We'll also have our Christian Life and Witness Course that will train thousands of believers to share their faith with family and friends. We are committed to spreading the Gospel through every effective means.
---
-Comments or questions?

WEB SITE: <www.billygraham.org/decision>
E-Mail: <decision@bgea.org>
TELEPHONE: 1-877-247-2426 (M-Fr. 7 am to midnight; Sat. 10:30am to midnight, Eastern Time)

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR / The Holy Spirit [Re: Abigail] #65856
02/17/12 08:01 PM
02/17/12 08:01 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-Holy Spirit (Removes Fear) grouppray

'Ideally when Christians meet as Christians to take counsel together, their purpose is not--or should not be--to ascertain what is in the mind of the majority but what is in the mind of the Holy Spirit--something which may be quite different.'

--Margaret Thatcher

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR / As Christians, Our Duty is... [Re: Abigail] #65857
02/17/12 08:19 PM
02/17/12 08:19 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
angelwing
-As Christians are 'Duty' is --

'The greatest thing is to be found at one's post as a child of God, living each day as though it were our last, but planning as though our world might last a hundred years.'

--C.S. Lewis

---
'Every generation is strategic. We are not responsible for the past generation, and we cannot bear full responsibility for the next one; but we do have our generation. God will hold us responsible as to how well we fulfill our responsibilities to this age and take advantage of our opportunities.'

--BGEA

---
'Many people neglect the task that lies at hand and are content with having wished to do the impossible.'

--Teresa of Avila
---
'Now my heart is troubled, and what shall I say? "Father, save me from this hour?" No, it was for this very reason I came to this hour.' "Father glorify thy Name."

--Jesus Christ (John 12:27)
cross

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR / As Christians, Our Duty is... [Re: Abigail] #65964
02/27/12 06:11 PM
02/27/12 06:11 PM
L
Lynnmn  Offline
Master Elite Member
-Our Calling in
Troubled Times

The prophecies that are in the Bible are not there to scare us but more so to prepare us.
For what is coming upon this earth.
To educate us and for us to know by their coming to pass that the Bible is truly the word of God!

Fear is a human condition and as so...
It's so good to be able to read about other people written about in the Bible who were human like us and had their failings and were afraid at time's too.
From studying them we can gain strength!
Yes, in the Bible it say's tribulations and bad times will come and men's heart's will fail them for fear of what is coming upon this earth.. Luke 21:26
And yes fear has torment.. 1 John 4:18

But with God all things are possible.

http://www.marilynandsarah.org/2011/02/no-more-fear-and-depression/

Today with Marilyn and Sarah, "Faith verse Fear" Part 2.
Video.

http://www.itbn.org/index/detail/ec/JnOWxoMzrsxEEme5sfhpagWXSh6KQLS3

Faith is the remedy for fear as bad times will come.
But God overcame the world and through Him there is hope!

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR / God Is Sovereign (always) [Re: Abigail] #66011
03/01/12 01:33 PM
03/01/12 01:33 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-God Is Sovereign over Delays

-Proverbs 16:9 /"The mind of man plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps."
--- cross
No one likes to wait, but have you ever wondered why? It's because delays show us that we are not in control. Someone or something else is calling the shots. Although we may be able to identify the immediate cause--like a traffic light or the long checkout line--ultimately the One who controls all our delays is the Lord. Since He is sovereign over everything in heaven and on earth, even our time and schedules are in His hands.

This means that in every delay, we are actually waiting for God in one way or another. You might have thought that the expression "waiting upon the Lord" applies only to seeking guidance from Him or an answer to prayer. But it can mean so much more when you remember that He controls all your day-to-day inconveniences and frustrations.

In the Christian life, learning to wait is vitally important because until you do, you'll never be able to walk in obedience to God, have an effective prayer life, or experience the peace of resting in His loving sovereignty. We must learn to trust His judgment--about not just the big events in our lives, but also the trivial ones which cause us to become irritated, impatient, or even angry. If we're sensitive to His instruction, each delay has a lesson.

The next time you face an unexpected or unwanted wait, remember that it comes as no surprise to God. He wants to teach you patience and increase your faith. He's more interested in developing godly character than He is in making sure your schedule runs according to your plans.

--In Touch

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR / Walk Away From Worry [Re: Abigail] #66712
04/19/12 01:46 PM
04/19/12 01:46 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-WALK AWAY
FROM WORRY

-Philippians 4:1-9
---
Be Anxious for nothing,
but in everything by
prayer and supplication,
with thanksgiving, let
your requests be made
known to God.-Phil.4:6
cross
---
God does not want us to agonize over future events, because worry paralyzes our prayer life. The apostle Paul reminds us that instead of fretting, we should ask God for help. When we continually take this approach to anxiety, God's peace will guard our hearts and minds (v.7).

Someone once said tongue-in-cheek, "Why pray when you can worry?" The point is clear: Worry gets us nowhere, but prayer gets us in touch with the One who can handle all of our concerns.
-----
-It's impossible to wring our hands when
they are folded before God in prayer.

-ODB/JBS

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR /"What the Bible says about fear" [Re: Abigail] #66795
04/24/12 07:56 PM
04/24/12 07:56 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

Question: "What does the Bible say about fear?"
--- fyi
-Answer: The Bible mentions two specific types of fear. The first type is beneficial and is to be encouraged. The second type is a detriment and is to be overcome.

The first type of fear is fear of the Lord. This type of fear does not necessarily mean to be afraid of something. Rather, it is a reverential awe of God; a reverence for His power and glory. However, it is also a proper respect for His wrath and anger. In other words, the fear of the Lord is a total acknowledgement of all that God is, which comes through knowing Him and His attributes.

Fear of the Lord brings with it many blessings and benefits. It is the beginning of wisdom and leads to good understanding (Psalm 111:10). Only fools despise wisdom and discipline (Proverbs 1:7). Furthermore, fear of the Lord leads to life, rest, peace, and contentment (Proverbs 19:23). It is the fountain of life (Proverbs 14:27) and provides a security and a place of safety for us (Proverbs 14:26).

Thus, one can see how fearing God should be encouraged. However, the second type of fear mentioned in the Bible is not beneficial at all. This is the “spirit of fear” mentioned in 2 Timothy 1:7: “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind” (NKJV). A spirit of fearfulness and timidity does not come from God.

However, sometimes we are afraid, sometimes this “spirit of fear” overcomes us, and to overcome it we need to trust in and love God completely. “There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love” (1 John 4:18). No one is perfect, and God knows this. That is why He has liberally sprinkled encouragement against fear throughout the Bible. Beginning in the book of Genesis and continuing throughout the book of Revelation, God reminds us to “Fear not.”

For example, Isaiah 41:10 encourages us, “Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.” Often we fear the future and what will become of us.

But Jesus reminds us that God cares for the birds of the air, so how much more will He provide for His children? “So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows” (Matthew 10:31).

Just these few verses cover many different types of fear. God tells us not to be afraid of being alone, of being too weak, of not being heard, and of lacking physical necessities. These admonishments continue throughout the Bible, covering the many different aspects of the “spirit of fear.”

In Psalm 56:11 the psalmist writes, “In God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?” This is an awesome testimony to the power of trusting in God. Regardless of what happens, the psalmist will trust in God because he knows and understands the power of God. The key to overcoming fear, then, is total and complete trust in God. Trusting God is a refusal to give in to fear. It is a turning to God even in the darkest times and trusting Him to make things right. This trust comes from knowing God and knowing that He is good. As Job said when he was experiencing some of the most difficult trials recorded in the Bible, [b]“Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him” (Job 13:15 NKJV).

Once we have learned to put our trust in God, we will no longer be afraid of the things that come against us. We will be like the psalmist who said with confidence “…let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you” (Psalm 5:11).
---------

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR /Governed By His Providence [Re: Abigail] #66796
04/25/12 08:34 AM
04/25/12 08:34 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-Governed by His Providence

-BIBLE MEDITATION:
"But He saith unto them, It is I; be not afraid." John 6:20 cross

-DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
When storms come into your life, I want you to remember this truth: "I am governed by His providence."

The storm did not take the wave walker, the Lord Jesus, by surprise. As a matter of fact, the Bible says He's the one that "commandeth and raiseth stormy seas" (Psalm 107:25).

Perhaps you're in the eye of a storm right now. It looks like your boat is sinking. Maybe it's so dark you cannot see your hand before your face. I want you to know there is nothing that comes to you that He does not cause or allow. Whether I can see it, whether I can understand it or not, it is a fact that God has not relinquished His rule upon His universe.

-ACTION POINT:
Read Matthew 8:23-27. Does Jesus see the storm in your life? Bow before the One, the only One, who can calm your storm. Trust His ways. He's in control.

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR /Where to Find True Emotional Fulfillment [Re: Abigail] #66797
04/25/12 08:56 AM
04/25/12 08:56 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-Where to Find True Emotional Fulfillment -

"A man of many companions may come to ruin,
but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother."
--(Proverbs 18:24)
- bible

Psychologists tell us human beings have three very basic emotional needs or desires: The desire to be accepted, the desire to be approved, and the desire to be appreciated. It’s the fulfillment of these three needs that dictates a person’s emotional state. If someone is fulfilled in these three areas, they will be emotionally fulfilled.

One key aspect of the Christian faith is that Jesus Christ provides for all three of those emotional needs. In Christ, we are accepted by God, we’re approved in right standing before Him, and we’re appreciated and valued by God!

Now, much of the world today tries to find emotional fulfillment in the world. Because of that, there’s a large amount of constant discontentment in their lives. They’ll never understand what it means to be fully known as Christ knows them, and will always be looking for the spiritual companionship that only Jesus can provide.

While close emotional connections can be made with others, there’s no one who can truly meet your deep emotional needs like Jesus Christ. It’s in Him alone that you can truly be made complete. So instead of just looking to others to make you complete, stick with Jesus, who’s the closest companion you’ll ever have!

INSTEAD OF PLACING ALL YOUR TRUST IN EARTHLY RELATIONSHIPS, LOOK TO JESUS FOR YOUR EMOTIONAL FULFILLMENT AND YOU’LL NEVER BE DISAPPOINTED!

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #67656
07/06/12 01:06 PM
07/06/12 01:06 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-Surrender First

-BIBLE MEDITATION:
". . . now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness." Romans 6:19 surrender

-DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
After a splendid victory at sea, Lord Nelson confronted the French admiral who was surrendering. Dressed in all his regalia, the admiral approached Nelson to surrender.
With his sword swinging by his side, the admiral put out his hand to the British commander.

Lord Nelson stepped back and said, "Your sword first."

There are a lot of people who think they can walk up and glad-hand the Lord Jesus Christ. He says, "Your sword first." Surrender first! Jesus is not an appeaser, and He will never make a truce with sin. Never! We have to abdicate the throne. We have to surrender.

-ACTION POINT:
Read Romans 6. Count the number of times the word "yield" is written. What does Paul want us to yield?

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #67830
07/20/12 03:47 PM
07/20/12 03:47 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-Sleepless
In Heaven ~

Psalm 121
---
He who keeps you
will not slumber.
--Psalm 121:3
angelwing
---
One of the most dangerous aspects of flying is the landing. As the aircraft gets closer to land, the air traffic is more congested, the weather on the ground may be far worse than the weather at 30,000 feet, and the runways may not be clear of other planes. So pilots rely on the sir-traffic controller to coordinate all the details so that every plane can arrive without incident. Without the air-traffic controller, chaos would be certain.

Imagine, then, the panic when the pilot of an airliner full of passengers radioed the tower and got no answer. It was eventually discovered that the air-traffic controller was in fact there but sound asleep, putting pilot, passengers, and plane in great jeopardy. The good news is that the plane landed safely.

Even better news is that God, the ultimate traffic controller, neither slumbers nor sleeps. From His heavenly vantage point, He knows all that is going on in and around your life. As the psalmist notes, "My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth. He will not allow your foot to be moved; He who keeps you will not slumber" (121:2-3).

You can count on it--God knows the impending dangers and will tirelessly direct the traffic of your life for your good and His glory (Rom. 8:28).
------
-Because God never sleeps, we can be at peace!

--ODB/JS

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #67873
07/25/12 06:57 PM
07/25/12 06:57 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-Overcoming Fears
-Esther 4:9-16

"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me..." (Psalm 23:4)
-- angelwing
Though the orphaned Jewish girl, Esther, was raised by an important civil servant who sat at the King of Persia's palace gates daily, I doubt she ever dreamed she would live inside those palace walls. Yet through circumstances beyond her control--a royal edict--she became the King's favorite concubine, and subsequently his Queen.

When a plot to kill all the Jews was discovered, she risked everythng, even her life, to go before the King to request that he save them. Was it chance that placed Esther in the palace and in the favor of the King? Esther knew, though her life was not in her control, it was and always had been in the control of the God of Israel. He had placed her in this high position for just such a time to save her Jewish people. She depended on Him. He overcame her fears, and she and her people were safe.

We can trust this same God of grace who sent our Savior, Jesus. He may put us in incongruous places, but He will also calm our anxieties and our circumstances for His glory and our good.
---
"Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to an all-knowing God." (Corrie Ten Boom)
--Haven Today

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #69049
11/06/12 08:10 PM
11/06/12 08:10 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--IN THE FACE
-OF FEAR ~~

-Matthew 14:22-33
---
But immediately
Jesus spoke to them,
saying, "Be of good
cheer! It is I; do
not be afraid."
--Matthew 14:27
angelwing
---
When the disciples faced raging seas that were threatening to sweep them overboard, Jesus walking on the water, assured them, "It is I; do not be afraid" (text). And to His followers who were fearfully locked away in a room after His crucifixion, Jesus appeared and asked, "Why are you troubled? And why do doubts arise in your hearts?" (Luke 24:38). Recognizing the inevitability of trials, He said, "In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world" (John 16:33).
Trusting in His presence and power is the antidote to fear.

As the hymn says, "Turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in His wonderful face. And the things of earth will grow strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace." We can rest in the knowledge that God is always with us.

-Lord, in our weak and fearful moments, remind
us that Your love for us guarantees Your
presence with us and Your power against
our fears. Teach us to trust in You always. prayer
---
-Trust the presence and power of Jesus
in the midst of life's storms.
He said,"I am with you always even until the end of time."

---ODB/JS

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #69051
11/06/12 08:23 PM
11/06/12 08:23 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-WHEN FEAR
CREEPS IN ~

-Psalm 56
---
Whenever I am
afraid, I will
trust in God.
--Psalm 56:3
cross
---
Fear is powerful because it can override logical thinking. Thankfully, Christians don't have to let fear of anything--people, situations, or even the future--rule our actions. We can declare, "Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in God".

Taking this stand against fear is consistent with the Bible's instruction to "trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding" (Prov. 3:5). Our own understanding may lead us to overestimate the object of our fear and underestimate God's power.

When we are afraid, we can depend on God's understanding (Isa. 40:28) and trust in His love for us that "casts out fear" (1 John 4:18). The next time fear creeps into your life, don't panic. God can be trusted in the darkness. "God is light and in Him there is no darkness at all."
------
-TRUSTING GOD'S FAITHFULNESS DISPELS OUR FEARFULNESS.

--ODB/JBS

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #69113
11/14/12 03:15 PM
11/14/12 03:15 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--Strength from the Word

My soul melteth for heaviness: strengthen thou me according unto thy word.
- Psalms 119:28
cross

God would have man enlarge his ability, and avail himself of every means of cultivating and strengthening his intellectual powers. Man was born for a higher, nobler life than the life which now is. This time is one of preparation for the future, immortal life. Where can be found grander themes for contemplation, a more fascinating subject for thought, than the sublime truths unfolded in the Bible? Can earthly science reveal anything equal in sublimity to the knowledge of God?

The truths of the Bible will do a mighty work for man if he will but follow what they teach. But how little the Bible is studied! Every unimportant thing is dwelt upon in preference to its themes of thought. If the Bible were read more, if its truths were better understood, we should be a far more enlightened and intelligent people. The psalmist declares, "The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple." Energy is imparted to the soul by searching the pages of the Bible. Angels from the world of light stand by the side of the earnest seeker for truth, to impress and illuminate his mind. He who is dark of understanding may find light through an acquaintance with the Scriptures.

God designed that his people should be a separate people from the world. The line of demarkation should be made plain and distinct between his followers and the dwellers on earth. The people of God are to be living epistles, known and read of all men; but when those who profess to be soldiers of Christ mingle with worldlings, and intermarry with those who care not for God, apostasy will be the result. When the professed children of God unite with the Lord's enemy, and are not particular to choose for associates those who are friends of God, they are going over to the enemy.

"Come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, and will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty."

Here are stated the conditions of adoption into the family of God. We are to separate ourselves from the enemies of the Lord.

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #69114
11/14/12 03:30 PM
11/14/12 03:30 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-STOP TRYING TO MAKE PEACE WITH YOUR SIN
-By: David Wilkerson

-[May 19, 1931 - April 27, 2011]

"And they called unto Lot . . . Where are the men which came in to thee this night? Bring them out unto us, that we may know them" (Genesis 19:5). bible
Lot's day of reckoning finally came. A wild mob of Sodomite men surrounded his house, pounding on the door and shouting obscenities. They demanded that Lot send out the two angels who were staying there so they could rape them.

What a horrifying scene! Yet Lot's reaction was to try to strike a deal with the men. It appears that Lot was a judge in Sodom, because he sat at the city gates. He had a reputation to protect so he tried to reason with the mob. He even went as far as calling them "brethren"—proving he had taken Sodom's sin too lightly.

"I pray you, brethren, do not so wickedly. Behold now, I have two daughters which have not known man; let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do ye to them as is good in your eyes: only unto these men do nothing" (verses 7-8).

One theologian writes that Lot knew his daughters were not in danger because these men were homosexuals. Perhaps Lot reasoned to himself, "These men are partying sodomizers, looking to fulfill their perverted lusts. They're no threat to women. If I send my daughters out, they'll come home tomorrow morning unharmed."

How foolish! Even if that were true, Lot would have been trying to replace one sin with another. It is impossible to bargain with lust!
Lot, an example of what hidden sin can do to a righteous man, clearly was deluded. His sin had produced in him such a dangerous condition that he would give up everything—including his beloved family—to save face.

This man was not ready to face reality. He was dragging out his moment of reckoning, still wheeling and dealing, trying to delay God's deliverance in his life. And, beloved, that is the attitude of many Christians today. They convince themselves, "My God is a God of mercy. He delivered me from my sin before, and He'll do it again." The god of this world has blinded their minds!

No! God is saying to you through this passage, "No more bargaining. No more trading a lighter sin for a heavier one. It all has to go!"~~

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR / Overcoming Your Fears [Re: Abigail] #69986
02/08/13 11:04 AM
02/08/13 11:04 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-THE KEY TO OVERCOMING YOUR FEARS~~

"For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control."
---2 Timothy 1:7
peacesign
Ann Landers, the noted columnist, said of all the letters she received over the years, the number one problem she saw people facing was fear. People are so afraid today. In fact, the dictionary lists from A to Z over 700 phobias… everything from acrophobia – the fear of high places – to claustrophobia – the fear of closed places. There’s even one called phobophobia – the fear of fear!

Maybe today you have fears that you’re even afraid to mention. Your fear has embarrassed and paralyzed you to the point where you have constant feelings of guilt and shame. But the truth is you don’t have to live in fear!

So many Christians fixate on their fears rather than focusing on their Father. And I think we as believers do well to recognize fear for the sin it is. That’s right. Fear is a sin to be dealt with because it shows a lack of focus and trust in God.

Now this shouldn’t drive us to shame about our fear, but it should cause us to want to overcome it. So the next time you feel fearful or anxious about something, remember your Heavenly Father is in full control and works out everything for your good!

--INSTEAD OF LETTING FEAR PARALYZE YOU, FOCUS ON GOD WHO LOVES YOU AND WORKS EVERYTHING OUT FOR YOUR BEST!

--Daily Word/JG

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR /Governed By His Providence [Re: Abigail] #74611
05/18/14 08:57 AM
05/18/14 08:57 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---The Mind vs. the Brain

---BIBLE MEDITATION:
“Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.” Philippians 4:8
---- bible

---DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
Did you know there is a difference between your mind and your brain? The brain is what the mind thinks with. The relationship of the mind and the brain is very similar to the relationship of a pianist and a piano. The piano is the brain and the pianist is the mind.

The most dangerous thing in the world is a man with a bad mind and a good brain. He is a clever devil.

When you get saved, you don’t get a new brain. You get a new mind. And the god of this world will do all he can to distort your mind. Why? Because Proverbs 23:7 says, “For as he thinks in his heart, so is he.”

---ACTION POINT:
-Dwell today on the true, the honest, the just, the pure, the lovely—think on virtue and praise. Pray for missionaries serving the Lord in other countries—that they will dwell on the truths of the Lord and that their walks will be strong and undeterred from the Lord’s mission.

--Adrian Rogers = / SAFE == By: Phil Wickham
<http://youtu.be/hZAUq1-c8dw>
-------------

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR /Governed By His Providence [Re: Abigail] #74874
06/24/14 06:27 PM
06/24/14 06:27 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--WHOM SHALL I FEAR?

-“The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?” (Psalm 27:1)
--------- bible
-David had more than his share of opposition. His father and older brothers thought little of him. King Saul relentlessly pursued him. His generals oftentimes conspired against him. His own son tried to usurp his throne. If anyone had opportunity to trust God for deliverance, David did.

In this psalm—an anthem of trust—David reveals his special relationship with his God which buoyed him in times of trouble. As we read in our text, his Lord was his light, salvation, and strength, and so He is to us.

-The Lord is my light: When we walk in His light, we do not stumble. Enemies are not able to hide in the dark and catch us by surprise. He vanquishes the darkness. “Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me” (Micah 7:8; see also 1 John 1:5-7).

-The Lord is my salvation: God delivers His children from physical and spiritual danger, including deliverance from the penalty of sin. “Help us, O God of our salvation, for the glory of thy name: and deliver us, and purge away our sins, for thy name’s sake” (Psalm 79:9).

-The Lord is the strength of my life: God is our defense, a place of refuge. “The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower” (Psalm 18:2).

-Even in the face of seemingly overwhelming opposition, we have no need to fear. Our focus should be on the source of deliverance rather than on the problem. “Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD” (Psalm 27:14).
--ICR/JDM--/ WHOM SHALL I FEAR-(God of Angel Armies)=C Tomlin
<http://youtu.be/FzB9I8p819M>

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #74894
06/28/14 10:17 AM
06/28/14 10:17 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--FEAR NOT!

“And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord, which He will shew to you to day: for the Egyptians whom ye have seen to day, ye shall see them again no more for ever..” - Exodus 14:13

Three hundred and sixty-five times in the Bible—once for every day of the year—it says, “Fear thou not,” or its equivalent, “The Lord is my helper, I will not fear what man shall do.”

Sometimes we come to a place where things are out of our hands. There is nothing we can do. Oh, we hurry around trying, conniving, and scheming. But finally we come to a place where God hems us in, and there is no way out but up. God places us where there is nothing we can do. There is no one to help us. God just says, “Fear not, stand still … and see the salvation of the Lord.”

Read those words again: “ye shall see them again no more forever.” When God takes care of a matter, He takes care of it. Oh, we will always have problems—life is a continuing series of opportunities to trust God. Our part is to trust and say “Lord I will not fear; I will stand firm and wait to see Your salvation.”
=/ ALWAYS=Kristian Stanfill
--Adrian Rogers ~~<http://youtu.be/b5OtCnDYklI>

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #76967
01/16/15 11:02 AM
01/16/15 11:02 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--Don’t Allow Fear to Win

--The fear-filled cannot love deeply. They cannot give to the poor. Benevolence has no guarantee of return. They cannot dream wildly. What if their dreams sputter and fall from the sky? Fear paralyzes people. Are you afraid? Afraid of job loss? Afraid of what people are saying about you?

Jesus wages a war against fear. In Matthew 10:28 He says, “Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul.” In John 14:27 Jesus says, “Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” "There is no fear in love, because perfect love casts out fear, in Jesus Name."

Fear’s main goal is to keep you from God’s plan for your life. bible Don’t allow it to win! Punch fear in the face! If anything should be afraid, it should be fear itself.

On Life/ML / Never Ever Doubt, "The Power Of Your (His) Love" / Hillsong ~~
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9_0jiO5ZRM#t=72>
--------------

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #78459
07/17/15 09:20 AM
07/17/15 09:20 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--THE FIRE OF AFFLICTION~~

“For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us..”
---- Romans 8:18

--God wants to build spiritual steel and rock-solid faith into you. And the way He will do this is through the fire of affliction. Why? To test you. The faith that can’t be tested, can’t be trusted.

The times I have grown the most were not when everything was going fine. The times when we go through sorrow, pressure, and trouble are the growing pains of our lives with Christ. Isn’t that true? Someone wrote these lines,

“I walked a mile with pleasure, she chatted all the way.
But left me none the wiser, for all she had to say.
I walked a mile with sorrow and not a word said she.
But oh the things I learned from her, when sorrow walked with me.”

Are you in the fire of affliction? Trust that He will see you through and make you stronger when the test is over.
--Adrian Rogers~~
["Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.
Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world."
--(1 Peter 5:8,9)
----
"Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.
Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. Above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one." (Ephesians 6:10,11,16)~]
https://<www.youtube.com/watch?t=61&v=aZHJ5m3Tuwk>

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #78574
08/07/15 11:47 AM
08/07/15 11:47 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--THE SIDE EFFECTS OF FEAR~~
---Matthew 6:25-34 bible -(please read)

--We’re all aware that fear produces anxiety, but it also has far-reaching effects. Here are some ways apprehension creates chaos in our life and impacts those around us.

-Fear stifles thoughts and actions. It creates indecisiveness that results in stagnation. I have known talented people who procrastinate indefinitely rather than risk failure. Lost opportunities cause erosion of confidence, and the downward spiral begins.

-Fear can be a roadblock to God’s plans for His children. When we’re dominated by negative emotions, we cannot achieve the goals He has in mind for us. A lack of self-confidence stymies our belief in what the Lord can do with our lives.

-Fear can lead to destructive habits. To numb the pain of overbearing distress and foreboding, some turn to things like drugs and alcohol for artificial relief.

-Fear steals peace and contentment. When we’re regularly afraid, our life becomes centered on pessimism and gloom.

-Fear creates doubt. God promises an abundant life, but if we surrender instead to the chains of fear, we most likely won’t live in the abundance He offers.

--No matter what you are afraid of, here’s what you need to know: God will never reject you. Whether you accept Him is your decision. And remember, the Lord wants to meet all of your needs. He feeds the birds of the air and clothes the grass with the splendor of lilies. How much more, then, will He care for you and me, who are made in His image? Our only concern is to obey the heavenly Father and leave all the consequences to Him.
--IN TOUCH~
--"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." (Ephesians 2:8,9)

---
--THIS IS AMAZING GRACE--/ Phil Wickham~
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgsbaBIaoVc>
-------

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #78577
08/08/15 03:36 PM
08/08/15 03:36 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--CONQUERING FEAR -/ God is Always in Control!
---Psalm 63:1-11

---Each of us will experience moments of apprehension. Denial or trying to hide from it will do no good. When you feel fear begin to rise in you, ask yourself the following questions: 'Where does it come from?' (You know it isn’t from God.) 'Has God ever failed me in the past? Does He promise to meet all of my needs? Does He keep His promises?'

If we read the Bible, we’ll find countless stories of God’s faithfulness. For example, the apostle Paul lived through hardship, persecution, pain, and all kinds of terrible circumstances, yet he was able to make the bold declaration that God weaves it all together for the good of His followers (Romans 8:28). This testifies to the fact that for those who trust in Him, God turns every difficulty, loss, and separation into something good.

Whatever we read in Scripture—whether a story about Abraham, David, Job, Isaiah, Jonah, John, Paul, or others—we see God’s constant love and care for His people. His Word is a lamp that will give us clear guidance when circumstances are bleak. It offers the best direction we will ever find. When we meditate upon it, pray over it, grapple with it, and incorporate it into our life, His light chases away the darkness. The psalms, in particular, are helpful in dealing with fear.

God, the sovereign ruler of this universe, is in control of your life. Don’t make the mistake of thinking He isn’t, simply because He does not operate according to your will and schedule. If you read your Bible and meditate on it, you will find genuine strength in His promises.
--IN TOUCH~~
-The Lord Jesus died on the Cross to save you from fear. "God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power and love and a sound mind. "[2 Timothy 1:7]

--IN TOUCH~~

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #78719
09/02/15 07:45 PM
09/02/15 07:45 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--We All Are Given 'CHOICE'

--Choosing Faith over Fear
---Isaiah 41:8-13

--These days, there are plenty of reasons to fear. Our world seems to be in a continuous state of war and crisis. The jobs market is dismal, natural disasters wreak havoc, and stories of crime dominate the headlines. As Christians, we know that fear should have no place in our lives, but how can we ignore what's going on around us?

Basically, there are two paths you can walk: faith or fear. It's impossible to simultaneously trust God and not trust God. Another way of saying this is that you cannot both obey and disobey Him--partial obedience is disobedience. So, which road are you traveling?

Some people who read the Bible and believe in God nevertheless choose to live with fear. Seeing others experience hardship, they start wondering if it could happen to them: Someone at my office lost his job; will I be next? Someone died in an accident--I could die too. But this kind of "logic" places your circumstances above your relationship to God.

If Satan can get you to think like this, he has won the battle for your mind. But when you focus on God rather than your circumstances, whatever the situation is, you win. The Bible tells us, "God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline" (2 Tim. 1:7).

--Our heavenly Father understands our disappointment, suffering, pain, fear, and doubt. He is always there to encourage our hearts and help us understand that He's sufficient for all of our needs. When I accepted this as an absolute truth in my life, I found that my worrying stopped.
--IN TOUCH~

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #79544
12/15/15 12:02 PM
12/15/15 12:02 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--THE REMEDY FOR FEAR~~PRAISE!

--"If you make the Most High your dwelling-
Even the Lord, who is my refuge-
Then no harm will befall you
No disaster will come near your tent.
For He will command His angels
Concerning you,
To guard you in all your ways;
They will lift you up in their hands
So that you will not strike your
Foot against a stone." -(PSALM 91:9-12 NIV)

-----------------
--UNASHAMED TO SHARE THE GOSPEL~~
--(2 Timothy 1:6-12)

--The apostle Paul understood the awesome responsibility of being entrusted with the gospel of Jesus Christ. He considered this calling a stewardship for which he would one day give an account to the Lord, and he was willing to suffer for Christ’s sake to complete the task. As believers, we have this same obligation to share the gospel with whomever God places in our lives. But we must ask ourselves if we have a similar level of commitment.

Paul felt compelled to tell people about Christ. In fact, he said, “Woe is me if I do not” (1 Cor. 9:16). No matter how anyone treated him, he wasn’t ashamed of the message of Christ. The prophet Jeremiah had a similar experience. He became a laughingstock and was persecuted for delivering the Lord’s message of the coming judgment. Yet he discovered that not speaking created a far worse feeling in his heart—like fire shut up in his bones (Jer. 20:7-9).

We may not want to warn people about God’s judgment for fear of driving them away from Him. But in reality, the lost are already far from the Lord and need to hear about His offer of forgiveness. Paul was willing to die to get the message out, yet too often we’re not even willing to face a little discomfort to share our faith.

We are surrounded by people who are desperately hungry for something, and they don’t even know what. Yet we have the answer—and the responsibility to share it. Never be ashamed of the best news ever offered to mankind. It can change someone’s eternal destiny. Allow the Lord to use you. Never be afraid to tell Jesus you love Him. And tell others around you, that He is coming back! \o/
--IN TOUCH~~ / Revelation Song = Kari Jobe (Give Him Praise! \o/)
<https://youtu.be/bDEYYo-SvQ4>

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #80441
06/10/16 09:56 AM
06/10/16 09:56 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--PEACE~~ NO FEAR, IN JESUS' NAME~

--A NEW SONG / bible IN GOD WE TRUST ~

--What do we say about someone who claims to be a Christian yet behaves like anything but one. God places a song in the hearts of his saved children. Some sing this song loud and long every single day of their lives. In other cases the song falls silent. Life’s hurts and happenings mute the music within. Long seasons pass in which God’s song is not sung.

The truth is, we don’t always know if someone has trusted God’s grace. A person may have feigned belief but not meant it. Whether or not someone’s faith is real isn’t ours to know. But we do know this: where there is genuine conversion, there is eternal salvation.

Our task is to trust God’s ability to call his children home. We join God as he walks among his wayward and wounded children, singing. Eventually His own will hear his voice, and something within them will awaken. And when it does, they will begin to sing again. grouppray ~~

*--God is With You Everyday/ML*
----------------
-[Try as we might, we still see others doing wrong, and immediately we think, "He, or she is not saved." It's so easy to do, because they may be close to the Lord, but not in front of us. Only God knows our hearts. We don't know the conviction or the sorrow they may be going through. But Jesus does, He knows everything.

We need to build each other up in the faith, and encourage others. They need confidence. "I am confident that He which hath began a good work in you will perform it unto the day of Jesus Christ."- [Philippians 1:6] He is the Judge.

"Brethren,if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, let thou also be tempted.
Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.
But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.

For every man shall bear his own burden.
Let him that is taught in the Word communicate unto him that teaches in all good things."
--(Galatians 6:1-6)

"Fall all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
--(Romans 3:23)~~]
-
-Our Creator, cross Jesus Christ, is always calling out to us through His Creation. Are we listening?

--The Incomparable Christ~~
"For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.
For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities--all things have been created through Him and for Him.

He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything.

For it is the Father's good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him, and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His Cross, through Him, I say, whether things on earth or things in heaven."
--(Colossians 1:13-20 NASB~)

"Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has chosen gladly to give you the kingdom of God."
--(LUKE 12:32)

--Creation Calls/ Brian Doerksen~~
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg6kgLXG6M8>

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #80504
06/21/16 12:57 PM
06/21/16 12:57 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--FREE FROM FEAR!

-'I sought the LORD,
and he answered
me; he delivered
me from all my
fears." (Psalm 34:4)

-FEAR sneaks into my heart without permission.
It paints a picture of helplessness and hopelessness.
It steals my peace and my concentration. What am I fearful about? I'm concerned about the safety of my family or the health of loved ones. I panic at the loss of a job or a broken relationship. Fear turns my focus inward and reveals a heart that sometimes finds it hard to trust.

When these fears and worries strike, how good it is to read David's prayer in Psalm 34: "I sought the LORD, and he answered me; He delivered me from all my fears" (v.4). And how does God deliver us from our fears? When we "look to Him" (v.5), when we focus on Him, our fears fade; we trust Him to be in control. Then David mentions a different type of fear--not a fear that paralyzes, but a deep respect and awe of the One who surrounds us and delivers us (V.7). We can take refuge in Him because He is good (V.8).

This awe of His goodness helps put our fears into perspective. When we remember who God is and how much He loves us, we can relax into His peace. "Those who fear him lack nothing" (v.9), concludes David. How wonderful to discover that in the fear of the Lord we can be delivered from our fears.~~
--ODB/KO
'LORD, I'm aware of my worries and fears,
and I place them in Your hands.
Give me peace as I face the day.' ~ amen~

----
---ASK GOD TO FREE YOU FROM YOUR FEARS.
-Jesus said, "Fear not, Lo I am with you always even until the end of the age." "The angel of the Lord encamps all around those who fear Him and He will deliver them." - --(Psalm 34:7)~
/ Angels Watching Over Me/ Amy Grant
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9xkn_z08GA>
------

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #80506
06/22/16 08:36 AM
06/22/16 08:36 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-- fyi
Please NOTE: Sometimes if the video does not show, you can click on the address, I try to post along with the video. Some countries ban such videos. Doesn't make much sense, in light of the address number being there. BUT, at least you know you can try clicking on the address link.
I just did this and it worked for one of the youtube songs. God Bless you as you stay close to Jesus, He is Creator, Ruler, King, Savior, Lord and our Faithful One. Jesus Christ is our soon coming King above all other kings.

----- cloud9

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #80507
06/22/16 09:45 AM
06/22/16 09:45 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--GOD CANNOT LIE~~

“In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began.”
--- (Titus 1:2) bible

We speak of the Bible as inerrant and infallible. But is it really important that we believe that the Word of God is true and perfect?

Yes. If any part of His Word is not true, then we must conclude that God is a liar.
But God cannot lie! Every word in the Bible can be relied upon. Billy Graham came to this conclusion in the early years of his ministry and prayed, “I have seen enough of the transforming power of this Word to know that You are behind it…. I take it by faith…and trust You to make clear to me what it means.”

F. B. Myer, one of the greatest devotional writers of all time, said if any promise of God should fail, “the heavens will clothe themselves in sackcloth, and the sun and moon and stars will reel from their seats, the universe will rock, and a hollow wind moan through creation, bearing the tidings that God is mutable, that God can lie.”

-A God of truth cannot inspire untruth. Praise God for His absolute trustworthiness.
--Adrian Rogers~~-/ How Great is Our God/ Chris Tomlin
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjxPG_mRHDs>

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #80814
08/16/16 02:46 PM
08/16/16 02:46 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--IS JESUS YOUR STUMBLING BLOCK OR YOUR STEPPING STONE?

-“We preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.” -
---(1 Corinthians 1:23-24)

--Jesus Christ will be either a stepping stone into heaven or a stumbling stone into hell.
No one can be neutral about Jesus Christ. Either you rise on Him, or you fall on Him. You cannot walk around Him. Either you’re saved by Him or you’re judged by Him.

You will encounter Jesus Christ. He is inevitable. He is unavoidable. He is inescapable. What you do with Jesus Christ determines what Jesus Christ will do with you. What are you doing with Jesus Christ today?
**--Adrian Rogers~~**

[Read what Jesus said to the Chief Priests and the Scribes when they asked Him, "Tell us, by what authority are You doing these things?" ('The Cleansing of the Temple' and 'The Parable of the Wicked Vinedressers') (See LUKE 20:1-19)
-He [Jesus], looked at them and said, "What then is this that is written:
'The stone which the builders rejected
Has become the chief cornerstone'

Whoever falls on that stone will be broken; but on whomever it falls, it will grind him to powder." (Luke 20:17-28)~~
-/ Cornerstone/ Leon Patillo]
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUScdfiOdMc>
-----

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #80847
08/19/16 09:19 AM
08/19/16 09:19 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--FINDING GOD IN THE STORM~~

---The Psalmist prays: “Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me?” The writer of Psalm 42 was sad and discouraged. The struggles of life threatened to pull him under.
But at just the right moment, he made this decision. “Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him…I will remember You from the land of Jordan, and from the heights of Hermon…”

There is resolve in those words. “I shall yet praise you…and I will remember You.” The writer made a deliberate decision to treat his downcast soul with thoughts of God.

There’s nothing easy about this. Finding God amid the billows will demand every bit of discipline you can muster. But the result is worth the strain.

Besides, will reciting your problems turn you into a better person? No, but changing your mind-set will!~~ angelwing
--**'God is With You Everyday/ML**

['Faith One so unchanging. Ageless One, You're my rock of peace. Lord of all I depend on You. I call out to You, again and again.(x2)]

[Faithful One/ Brian Doerksen & Kathryn
Scott] ~~

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tum3U_28Xc4>
-----------

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #81153
10/21/16 12:31 PM
10/21/16 12:31 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--HAVE FAITH IN GOD, THE AUTHOR AND FINISHER OF OUR FAITH~

--BIBLE MEDITATION:
“Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.” Hebrews 12:2

--DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
How do you have faith? You look to Jesus, and faith is produced in your heart.

You don’t have to work up faith.

Suppose I needed to cross the Mississippi River and I wasn’t sure whether the bridge could hold me up or not. I could do one of two things. I could stand on the banks of the Mississippi and try to work up enough courage to make myself believe in that bridge, then timorously walk over that bridge. Or I could look at the semi-trucks traveling across the mighty steel and concrete of that bridge, believe, and boldly walk across in faith! In this case, faith is the by-product of seeing the strength of the bridge itself. In the same way, it’s not great faith in God that you need; it is faith in a great God!

--ACTION POINT:
Attempt something so great in your life today that it is doomed to failure unless God is in it.
--Adrian Rogers~~--/'How Great is Our God' & How Great Thou Art/ Chris Tomlin
<https://youtu.be/jjxPG_mRHDs>

-----------

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #81248
11/09/16 02:38 PM
11/09/16 02:38 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--GOD IS NEVER SURPRISED~~

--Most people suffer from small thoughts about God. In an effort to see him as our friend, we have lost his immensity. In our desire to understand him, we have sought to contain him. The God of the Bible cannot be contained. He brought order out of chaos and created Creation. He consulted no committee. He sought no counsel. He said, “I am God and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me” (Isaiah 46:9 NIV).

The greatest kings have surrendered their crowns. The queen of England is called Her Majesty, yet she must eat and bathe and rest. The True Majesty is never hungry. He never sleeps. He has never needed assistance or attention. “He sustains everything by the mighty power of his command” (Hebrews 1:3 NLT). He has authority over the world—over your world! And he has never, ever uttered the phrase, “How did that happen?”

*From/ God is With You Every Day/ML* ~-/ 'There is None Like You' / Lenny LeBlanc~
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnhUh2tt97Q>
--------

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #81697
03/09/17 10:49 AM
03/09/17 10:49 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--HOW TO HANDLE OUR FEAR~~
----(Please Read/ Isaiah 41:10-13)

--A believer is captive to fear when he or she chooses to be. Some people actually organize their life (or at least portions of it) around avoiding anxiety-producing ideas or situations.
But Christians do not have to live in that kind of bondage, because trust in God is the key to our shackles.

At some time or other, apprehension enters the life of every believer, but it need not remain long. To confront our fear and overcome it, we must first acknowledge its presence. If we ignore anxiety or try to work around it, we will likely step out of God’s will.

After we have admitted to being afraid, the next thing we must do is identify the nature of our fear. Sometimes we feel anxious without knowing exactly why, but the Holy Spirit can reveal what is holding us captive.

The third step is to begin the process of defeating fear’s hold on our life. And there’s no better tool for breaking chains than the “sword of the Spirit”—the Bible (Eph. 6:17). God’s Word speaks to our individual fears. Use a concordance to find specific practical help. Or, for more general encouragement, turn to Isaiah 41:10. This is a very important promise and, therefore, a helpful verse to memorize.

-When I feel anxious, I take Isaiah 41:10 back to God by praying, “Here’s what You said, and I believe You because You never lie. So I will trust You, Lord, to work in this situation.” prayer Trusting God is the only way to be free from fear. So decide whether you are going to believe Him and His promises or be shackled by your emotions.~~

--[IN TOUCH}---/ 'You are My Hiding Place' / Selah~~<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_FF7uJpQ9k>
---------

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #82281
08/03/17 10:38 AM
08/03/17 10:38 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--DELIVERED FROM FEAR~~

--God’s grace delivered us from fear, but how quickly we return! Grace told us we didn’t have to spend our lives looking over our shoulders…but look at us glancing backward. Look at us with guilt on our consciences. Why are we so quick to revert back to our old ways? Or, as Paul candidly wrote, “What a miserable man I am. Who will save me from this body that brings me death?” (Romans 7:24).

-Simply stated: we are helpless to battle sin alone. Aren’t we glad Paul answered his own question? “I thank God for saving me through Jesus Christ our Lord” (Romans 7:25). The same one who saved us first is there to save us still. Such is the message of grace. You are saved, not because of what you do, but because of what Christ did! And you are special because of 'whose' you are!

--From/ In the Grip of Grace/ML~--"NO OTHER NAME"/ Hillsong~~
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5CqaW8aR1A>
-----------

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #82433
09/08/17 01:45 PM
09/08/17 01:45 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---FROM FEAR TO FAITH~~

'The Sovereign LORD
is my strength; He
makes my feet like
the feet of a deer.'
-------
--THE DOCTOR'S WORDS landed in her heart with a thud. It was cancer.
Her world stopped as she thought of her husband and children.
They had prayed diligently, hoping for a different outcome. What would they do? With tears streaming down her face, she said softly, "God, this is beyond our control. Please be our strength."

What do we do when the prognosis is devastating, when our circumstances are beyond our control? Where do we turn when the outlook seems hopeless?

The prophet Habakkuk's situation was out of his control, and the fear that he felt terrified him. The coming judgment would be catastrophic (HAB. 3:16-17). Yet in the midst of the impending chaos, Habakkuk made a choice to live by his faith (2:4) and rejoice in God (3:18). He did not place his confidence and faith in his circumstances, ability, or resources, but in the goodness and greatness of God. His trust in God compelled him to proclaim: "The Sovereign Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to tread on the heights." (V. 19).

When we are faced with difficult circumstances--sickness, family crisis, financial trouble--we, too, have only to place our faith and trust in God. He is with us in everything we face.~~

-When faced with difficult circumstances we can always trust Jehovah Yahweh, cross YHWH, to be our hope and strength.~

--ODB/KW --'You Deliver Me' / Selah Worship Video ~<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cauV5VljaA>
----------

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #83539
04/17/18 09:32 AM
04/17/18 09:32 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--DON'T BE AFRAID / FEAR NOT

---Fear. It creates a form of spiritual amnesia. It dulls our miracle memory. It makes us forget what Jesus has done and how good God is.
When fear shapes our lives, safety becomes our god. When safety becomes our god, we worship the risk-free life.

The fear-filled cannot love deeply. Love is risky. No wonder Jesus wages such a war against fear. The Gospels list 125 Christ-issued imperatives. Of these, 21 urge us to “not be afraid” or “not fear” or “have courage” or “take heart.” If quantity is any indicator, Jesus takes our fears seriously. The one statement he made more than any other was this–“don’t be afraid!”
** REMEMBER, VICTORY WAS WON WHEN THE LAMB WAS SLAIN! **
---'Anxious for Nothing' / ML~~
---'Perfect Love',--Kingdom Culture Worship <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xNBrPf7rfA>
--------

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #84869
10/15/18 02:12 PM
10/15/18 02:12 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---PEACE WITH GOD~~~

"Great peace have
those who love
Your law; nothing
can make them
stumble."
--(Psalm 119:165)-- bible

---We all know the torment of a guilty conscience. When we think of how frequently we sin against God, we may shudder to think of the consequences we ought to face. As guilt grips tighter, our burning desire is to find peace with Him, knowing that unless we do we must suffer the unending punishment we deserve.

The great peace lauded by the Psalmist may appear hopelessly elusive when our consciences struggle.
Is the kind of peace that removes our nagging feelings of guilt actually possible, we wonder? Yes, it is. We have peace with God when we know the Prince of Peace, who came down from Heaven to fulfill all of the Father's demands for putting us right with Him. When we receive the cleansing of our hearts and consciences through faith in Jesus, who suffered and rose for us, we enjoy peace, His peace that passes all human comprehension. ~~

---O CHRIST, RESTORE ME IN YOUR PEACE~~ AMEN~`

--"Come Unto Me"--Jami Smith ~~ /

------

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #86667
03/18/19 09:05 AM
03/18/19 09:05 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

----WHEN WE CALL OUT TO GOD, HE HEARS~~

-"Jesus immediately
said to them: "Take
courage! It is I.
Don't be afraid."
--(Matthew 14:27)-- bible

--DURING AN ESPECIALLY cold winter, I ventured out to Lake Michigan, the fifth largest lake in the world, to see it frozen over. Bundled up on the beach where I usually enjoy soaking up the sun, the view was breathtaking. The water was actually frozen in waves creating an icy masterpiece.

Because the water was frozen solid next to the shore, I had the opportunity to "walk on water." Even with the knowledge that the ice was thick enough to support me, I took the first few steps tentatively. I was fearful the ice wouldn't continue to hold me. As I cautiously explored this unfamiliar terrain, I couldn't help but think of Jesus calling Peter out of the boat onto the Sea of Galilee.

When the disciples saw Jesus walking on the water, their response was also fear. But Jesus responded, "Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid.(text) Peter was able to overcome his fear and step out onto the water because he knew Jesus was present. When his courageous steps faltered because of the wind and waves, Peter cried out to Jesus. Jesus was still there, near enough to simply reach out His hand to rescue him.

If you are facing a situation today where Jesus is calling you to do something that may seem as impossible as walking on water, take courage. The One who calls you will be present with you. Fear Not! - Jesus said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you. You are mine. I have your name engraved on the palm of my nail-pierced hand."

--ODB/LS~~

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #88695
08/01/19 11:02 AM
08/01/19 11:02 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

----ONE FAITH~~

-"Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit;
and there are varieties of service, but the same Lord;
And there are varieties of activities,
but it is the same God who empowers them all in everyone."
--(1 Corinthians 12:4-6)--

----EACH OF US has a different personality, and every person, with his or her uniqueness, also has a special God-ordained purpose.

I believe God has given each of us a different personality type for reaching out to others with the news of the Gospel. In ways and circumstances unique to each person, we are called to be disciples of Christ and tell others of Jesus and His love. The Lord goes with us and is always inside of us (spiritually), leading and guiding our steps.

Although we may share the Gospel in different ways and live in vastly different circumstances, we share one faith. The faith that each of us has in the same true Jehovah Yahweh. There is only one G-D, and He is our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

We have the same Baptism that brings us into the one family of God, we hear and believe the same word of God that tells of God's grace, and we eat and drink the same sacraments [body and blood / (wine and bread], (communion), that forgives every sin and gives us strength.

God has built our personalities, given us spiritual gifts, and placed us in our communities for a divine purpose--to share the one message of Jesus and the life and salvation that is found only in Him. The Lord knows each of our hearts, and He will lead and guide us to know when and to whom we should minister for His glory. It may be in person. Perhaps by way of email, or sending a postal card. Prayer is of utmost importance. So let us all be about our Father's business. As Paul said, "Pray without ceasing. In all things give thanks for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."
---"For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." --(2 Timothy 1:7)~~

--"O Lord, help me to trust that You have made me and placed me exactly where You want me. Empower me to share the one true faith, using my unique
gifts in the specific community in which You have placed me. Remind me to keep others in prayer for their special needs, in the precious Name above all names, Jesus Christ."

---"Good Good Father"/ Chris Tomlin ~ <https://youtu.be/06ZN4wC-ono>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #88895
08/20/19 01:26 PM
08/20/19 01:26 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---DILIGENTLY STRESSED~~

"Strive first for the kingdom of God
and his righteousness, and all
these things will be given to you
as well." -(Matthew 6:33/ NRSV)-- angelwing

--I AM CURRENTLY preparing for auditions to become a student at a school for 'The Arts'. On top of preparing for those auditions, I have to remain diligent in my other school studies. Over the past few months I have developed anxiety, and I am very stressed most of the time.

For some reason, I have no problem performing in front of a large audience, but I'm anxious about being judged by four people who will determine my future. The thought of being rejected from something I have worked so hard for brings me to tears.

On a normal day I barely have time to take a breather and think about God. When I do, I can feel divine peace and love conquering my stress and anxiety. A good time for me to talk to God is when I'm driving to school in the morning. I turn off the radio so I have complete silence and thank the Lord for all of my blessings. I don't think about what I still have to do= I just think about how God is going to take care of me and my family.

~~God knows what we need and will guide us toward our goals. When we seek first His Kingdom, God will take care of us as we face our problems.

-"Dear Lord, thank You for your everlasting love. Help us to stay faithful during stressful times. Help us to follow your loving guidance and walk in Your steps. In Jesus Name. ~ amen"

--UPPER ROOM~/AB --"I GIVE UP" / Laura Story ~ <https://youtu.be/Rd8a3T_P2gs>
---

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #89696
11/06/19 09:19 AM
11/06/19 09:19 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---SUBMIT YOUR WILL TO GOD ~~ TRUST HIM COMPLETELY ~

~~'He said to them, “My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me.” Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.”
------(Matthew 26:38-39 / NIV)-- bible

~~~We cannot fully comprehend the struggle that Jesus faced that night on Gethsemane. Yet that night was as much about the disciples, and those of us who would someday be disciples, as it was about Jesus. Jesus, being fully God and fully man, shared His night of sorrow and agony on Gethsemane in order to show His very real struggle with obedience. What happened there is very carefully recorded so that we will understand each of us will eventually have to come to Gethsemane for ourselves. We are hard-wired to say, “I want it my way!” But the heart of being a Christ-follower is a willingness to submit our will to the will of God. Submitting to Him in the small things and the big things&#8213;if it was necessary for Jesus, it is necessary for you and me.

THINK ABOUT IT
~~Submitting to the Lord is easier when we trust His goodness, wisdom, and love. Yielding will still take self-discipline, but the courage and strength to obey will come to those who trust Him.

PRAYER
~~"Heavenly Father, what You ask of me will always be marked by Your goodness, wisdom, and love. Give me strength and courage to yield to Your choices, and reveal any place where I am saying no to You. Take all of me, Lord, and help me to always pray firstly before making decisions. Not my will but Yours be done. In Jesus’ name, amen."
Blessings,
Pastor Allen Jackson

~~~~~~~~~

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #89982
11/25/19 03:22 PM
11/25/19 03:22 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---NOT FEAR but FAITH~~

--"The LORD is with us. Do not be afraid of them."
----(Numbers 14:9) -- bible

---"My husband was offered a promotion in another country, but I feared leaving our home, so he declined the offer," my friend shared with me. She explained later that she sometimes wonders what they missed in not moving.

The Israelites let their anxieties paralyze them when they were called to inhabit a rich and fertile land that flowed "with milk and honey" (Exodus 33:3). When they heard the reports of the powerful people in large cities (Numbers 13:28), fear caused many of the Israelites to reject the call to enter the land.

But Joshua and Caleb urged them not to be afraid, saying the "LORD is with us" (14:9). Although the people there appeared large, the Israelites could trust God's presence.

My friend wasn't commanded to move to another country like the Israelites were, yet she regretted letting fear close off the opportunity. What about you--do you face a fearful situation? If so, know that the Lord is with you and will guide you. With His never-failing love, we can move forward in faith. ~~

--"The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear Him, and rescues them." -- angelwing (Psalm 34:7/ NASB)

--ODB/Amy ~---"Majesty Of Heaven" // Chris Tomlin //--<https://youtu.be/p27Vxpm9QjU>
~~~~~~~~~

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #90659
01/13/20 03:23 PM
01/13/20 03:23 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---GIVE JESUS ALL YOUR FEARS ~~

~~"Let him have all your worries and cares, for he is always thinking about you and watching
everything that concerns you." --(1 Peter 5:7 /(TLB)

~~AS MY MOM stepped into the grocery store one day, a man coming out paused and said, "You have the most peaceful-looking face. You look like you don't have a care in the world." My mom answered, "That's because I gave them all to Jesus!"

I understand that you can't always tell how a person feels on the inside by looking at her facial expression, but then again, sometimes you can. That man's comment didn't surprise me in the light of recent phone conversations I'd had with my mother. But he might have been surprised to know that when I was growing up, my mother qualified as a worrier--like I tend to be today.

My dad passed away in 2016, the day before my parents' sixty-ninth anniversary. Naturally widowhood has made some things more difficult for my mom and brought new problems and issues. Mom often will tell me about a difficulty or even scary incident that happened, but she always ends by saying, "I just prayed about it and turned it over to the Lord. He'll take care of it."

Just before His crucifixion, Jesus told His disciples, "Don't let your hearts be troubled" (John 14:1, NLT). How can we obey that in a fallen world where terrible things happen every day? Jesus gave the secret at the end of the verse: "Trust in Me." Do we trust Him with a scary medical diagnosis, a wayward spouse or child, a sudden job loss? If we trust Jesus to take care of everything that concerns us, then our faces will reflect that. ~~

"Lord Jesus, thank You for always being with me. Help me to shine for Your glory that others will see You in me. Give me the words to speak and help me to be silent when necessary. All glory goes to You. amen"

---Mornings With Jesus/DNM~~--"With All I Am" - Darlene Zschech (Hillsong) //<https://youtu.be/qZ_-5JplSVg>
~~~~~~~~~

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #90676
01/13/20 04:25 PM
01/13/20 04:25 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

~~~King David Praises Jehovah G-D and Exhorts Others To Praise Him~~

"I will bless the LORD at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth.

My soul shall make her boast in the LORD; the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad.

O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt His name together.

I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.
They looked unto him, and were lightened: and their faces were not ashamed.

This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles.
The angel of the LORD encamps round about them that fear Him, and delivers them."
---(PSALMS 34:1 thru 7)
------ bible
--Paul Wilbur / 'Show Me Your Face' //<https://youtu.be/put1U0eqSrc>
~~~~~~~~~~

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #90679
01/14/20 10:27 AM
01/14/20 10:27 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

~~~WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE ~~

~~~Source of Creativity ~~

~~"Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible bur with God all things are possible."
-----(Matthew 19:26 / NIV)

~~"For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, "Abba, Father."
---(Romans 8:15)-- bible

~~~~I have a friend who enjoys coloring books of patterns, flowers, and birds. She laughingly admits to having no artistic talent and little creativity. She uses colored pencils, but she’s afraid to blend colors or venture outside the lines because she’s afraid she’ll make a mistake. I wonder what God would do with those lines on a page. I imagine that He would blend the colors intricately and even use some surprising new ones, and I don’t think He would stay inside the lines. I imagine Him using them as a framework for His own creation, and the end result would be something beautiful and totally unexpected. I imagine that is the difference between the way we see our lives and the way God sees our lives. We see spaces to fill with familiar and expected colors while He sees a canvas to be completed with extravagant strokes and details. God is the source of Creativity, so don’t allow the limitations of your thinking to limit your hopes and expectations of what He can paint on the canvas of your life.

Our Creator loves us with an everlasting love and underneath are His everlasting arms. Let's reach out to our brothers and sisters, in Christ, who are in need. (Spirit, Soul, and Body) ~ With Jesus living inside of us,' ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE FOR HIS GLORY!'

THINK ABOUT IT
--God is able to do far more abundantly beyond anything we ask or think, so rejoice in His creative Lordship of your life! It brings the promise of beauty, meaning, and significance.

PRAYER
~~"Heavenly Father, I rejoice in Your Lordship, thankful for how You work in me fulfilling Your good purposes. Let faith, not fear, instruct my efforts—anything is possible with You as our Creator. Make of me what You dream for me. In Jesus’ name, amen."
Blessings,
Pastor Allen Jackson
--"I Surrender All" //Newsboys = (Yes, this song originally became popular 2007. "The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love." [1 John 4:8]<https://youtu.be/Yp2Y65cS7L4>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #91197
02/19/20 01:56 PM
02/19/20 01:56 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

~~THE REMEDY FOR FEAR~~

---CALMED BY PRAYER~~

-"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every
situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving,
present your requests to God."
---(Philippians 4:6) -- crackthebook

--In High School I was the youngest lineman on the varsity football team, but my performance in summer practices had landed me the position of the starting right guard, replacing a graduate who was at one time the 'Offensive Lineman of the Year.' Under the weight of everyone's expectations, I felt overwhelming anxiety.

When game day finally came, I couldn't even eat because I was so nervous. Right after I finished putting on my pads, I listened to my music and then began to pray--asking God to help me to perform my best and not to get injured. I then asked the Lord to give me peace during this time of worry. At that point, I heard a voice in my mind say, "I'm here to help."

During that amazing moment, an overwhelming peace came upon me, and I was in awe that God was with me and would help. From that moment on, every time that I pray about an issue in my life I feel an incredible and overwhelming peace. I am amazed that Almighty God, the Creator of everything, wants to hear our requests and needs. Our Lord Jesus's grace never ceases to amaze me. ~~

--UPPER ROOM/PB--
"All I Need Is you"// Hillsong United // <https://youtu.be/0iTInN6FH9I>
~~~~~~~~

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #91413
04/03/20 10:16 AM
04/03/20 10:16 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--A WAY THROUGH~~

--"Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry
about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
--(Matthew 6:34 / NIV) -- crackthebook
--[ PLEASE READ/ MATTHEW 6:25-34]

~~~Ryan Hall, the American record holder in the half-marathon, stated that we shouldn't think about the next hill ahead of us but instead focus on the next step ahead of us. This sentiment dovetails nicely with our scripture reading for today.
We may worry about monthly bills, a wayward child, a bully, retirement, our health or what we will eat, drink or wear. Philippians 4: 6 thru 7 reminds us, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."

Each of us can prepare for the future. However, worrying abut the future can cause us to lose focus on the important tasks that we have before us today. Whatever problems we may face, we can take those problems to God in prayer. The Bible gives us many examples of when God has answered prayers--Hannah's prayer for a child (1 Sam. 1:1-20), Hezekiah's prayer to spare his life (2 Kings 20:1-6), Jonah's prayer for a second chance (Jonah 2:1-10), and a leper's prayer to be made clean (Matthew 8:1-3). God is capable of doing the same for us. Even when things seem desperate, with no way out--God has an answer waiting for us.

We read Jesus's words, "Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.
"For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise" (Hebrews 10:35,35).

--"Confident"--Steffany Gretzinger (feat. Bobby Strand)//<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvLWBB6hgJk>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #91546
04/27/20 09:24 AM
04/27/20 09:24 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

~~The Remedy For Fear/ Go to the Father in Jesus Name~

-----The Danger of Deception ~~

--"If these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in
the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ" [2 Peter 1:8]-- bible

~~Even mature believers can be sidetracked if they're not careful. That's why Peter gave this warning:

'Our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also to the rest of the Scriptures. You therefore beloved wince you know this beforehand beware lest you also fail from your own steadfastness, being led away with the error of the wicked" (2 Peter 3:15-17).

One of the greatest threats to spiritual growth is sidetracking through deception. When a believer fails to discern trust from error, he spends much time chasing falsehoods and structuring his life on untrue premises. Because what one member is involved in affects the whole body of Christ, others may be deceived or at least caught up in trying to free the one from the error.

How can you be sure that what you're hearing is okay? Always test it according to God's Word and the counsel of a strong, godly teacher whom you trust. As Paul said so powerfully in his letter to the Galatians: But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed!" (Galatians 1:8).

~~Also in the Lord's Prayer, we pray and read, "Father, Not my will by thy will be done." ~~
--"Your Will Be Done" // CityAlight (acoustic) <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nLXXephYRI>
~~~~~~~~~~~

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #91681
05/21/20 11:56 AM
05/21/20 11:56 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--There Is No Fear In Love~~

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because
fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected
in love"--[1 John 4:18].

-"March on, my soul: be strong! [Judges 5:21]
- ---crackthebook

~~Listen to God's Word, He cannot lie. In 2012, Phillips, Craig and Dean released their song "Tell Your Heart to Beat Again." It was inspired by the true story of a heart surgeon. After removing a patient's heart to repair it, the surgeon returned it to the chest and began gently massaging it back to life. But the heart still wouldn't beat. Finally, the surgeon knelt next to the unconscious patient and spoke to her: "Miss Johnson," he said, "this is your surgeon. The operation went perfectly. your heart has been repaired. Now tell your heart to beat again." Her heart began to beat.

The idea that we could tell our physical heart to do something might seem strange, but it has spiritual parallels. "Why, my soul, are you downcast?" the psalmist says to himself. "Put your hope in God" (Psalm 42:5). "Return to your rest, my soul," says another, "for the LORD has been good to you" (116:7). After beating Israel's enemies in war, Deborah, a Judge, revealed that she too had spoken to her heart during battle. "March on, my soul," she told it, "be strong!" (Judges 5:21, because the Lord had promised victory (4:6-7).

Our capable Surgeon has mended our heart (Psalm 103:3). So when fear, depression, or condemnation come, perhaps we too should address our souls and say: March on! Be strong! Feeble heart, beat again. ~ horray

--ODB/SV~--"I Speak Jesus (lyrics)" Darlene Zschech ~ <https://youtu.be/p-2rRUQlEws>
~~~~~~~~~

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #92181
07/29/20 09:51 AM
07/29/20 09:51 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--DAY OF ENCOURAGEMENT~~

--"We urge you, brothers and sisters,...
encourage the disheartened. [1 Thessalonians 5:14] -- grouppray

~~~FIRST responders show dedication and courage daily by being on the front lines when disasters occur.
In the attack on the World Trade Center in New York City in 2001, when thousands of people were killed or injured, more than four hundred emergency workers also lost their lives. In honor of first responders, the US Senate designated September 12 as the National Day of Encouragement.

While it may seem unique that a government would declare a national day of encouragement, the apostle Paul certainly thought this was was needed for the growth of a church. He commended the young church in Thessalonica, a city in Macedonia, to "encourage the disheartened, help the weak, be patient with with everyone" (1 Thessalonians 5:14). Although they were going through persecution, Paul encouraged the believers to "always strive to do what is good for each other and for everyone else" (v.15). He knew that as humans, they would be prone to despair, selfishness, and conflict. But he also knew they would not be able to uplift one another without God's help and strength.

Things are no different today. We all need to be uplifted, and we need to do the same for those around us. Yet we can't do it in our own strength. That's why Paul's encouragement that "the One who calls you [Jesus] is faithful, and he will do it" is so reassuring (v.24). With His help, we can encourage one another everyday. ~~

-"Lord Jesus, thank You for the encouragement You give me (us) each day. Show us who to encourage as well. It is in your Name we pray, amen."
-"So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed" --(John 8:36) - bible

--ODB/EPS
--"Free, Amen" //(lyric video) WTK =We The Kingdom // <https://youtu.be/BdD9XNWPPMA>
~~~~~~~~~~

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #92775
10/08/20 10:29 AM
10/08/20 10:29 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---Reconciliation/ Unity ~~

~~~"Let your gentleness be evident to all."--[Philippians 4:5]- crackthebook

~~~Human nature can take on and possess a reflexive "need" to be right, and we're prone to stubbornly cling to that instinct in rather destructive ways!

--Happily for us, God lovingly chooses to soften stubborn human hearts. The apostle knew this, so when two members of the Philippian church were squabbling, he loved them enough to call them out (Philippians 4:2). Then, having earlier instructed the believers to have "the same mindset" of self-giving love as Christ (2:5-8), Paul asked them to "help these women," valued coworkers with him in sharing the Gospel (4:3). It seems peacemaking and wise compromise call for team effort.

Of course there are times to take a firm stand, but a Christlike approach will look a lot different than unyielding! So many things in life aren't worth fighting over. We can bicker with each other over every trivial concern until we destroy ourselves (Galatians 5:15). Or we can swallow our pride, graciously receive wise counsel, and seek unity with our brothers and sisters, in Christ. ~

--"Heavenly Father, soften my hardened stubborn heart so I can truly live in unity. And help me to be open to wise counsel. In Christ Jesus Name I pray. ~amen"

--ODB/TG~
---"Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus." ~~
--"There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out all fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love."-[1 John 5:18]

---"I Speak Jesus" (lyrics/ Darlene Zschech) <https://youtu.be/p-2rRUQlEws>
~~~~~~~

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #93780
02/21/21 01:02 PM
02/21/21 01:02 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--Two Kinds Of Fear //

--"The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe."
---[Proverbs 29:25]
-- angelwing

--Godly fear and guilty fear stand in stark contrast throughout the Scriptures. Guilty fear entered the world because of sin. Adam's first response after sinning was to withdraw from God and hide because he was afraid. Guilty fear results in shifting blame or calling attention to another's wrong to divert the focus from our own wrong. It hardens the conscience with pride and delusion, and it lies to hide the truth.

Hypocrites live with the constant fear of exposure, which God can bring in surprising ways. Guilty fear will prompt desperate flight even when no on is pursuing. And there is the constant fearful looking for of judgment of fiery indignation, when many will call for rocks and mountains to fall on them and hide them from the face of God (see Hebrews 10:27, Revelation 6:16).

With godly fear we will draw near to God in contrition and submission, humbly confessing our need of God's saving work through Christ Jesus to deal with our sin. With godly fear we can come into the presence of God without guilty fear. With the indwelling of the Holy Spirit we can experience a meaningful relationship with God through prayer, Bible reading, and fellowship with the people of God. In godly fear we are open to be taught the things God chooses--difficult lessons that may include suffering or chastisement, but that carry a real sense of His love and care.

The fear of God promises the light of His mercy and personal acceptance with Him. A walk in the sense of God's presence today will lead to a growing awareness of His guidance in the future. Then when the Lord returns, we can have confidence instead of guilty fear. ~

-"Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou has laid up for them that fear thee." --[Psalm 31:19]

--BSW/DS~
--"I Speak Jesus"// Darlene Zschech//<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jopkJhN7Ufk>
~~~

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #94166
04/27/21 11:52 AM
04/27/21 11:52 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--Jesus our High Priest Is The Remedy For Fear ~~

--"Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things...But with the precious blood of Christ...
Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world."
---[1 Peter 1:18-20] -- angelwing

--Sometimes when preparing for something such as a long trip, we formulate Plan A and Plan B. If a certain stop does not work out at the beginning or our trip, maybe we can do it near the end. But God never needs a plan B.

When Adam and Eve sinned, God was not taken off guard. Of course, He wanted Adam and Eve to live in perfection in the Garden of Eden, but God knew that Adam and Eve would yield to Satan and fall into sin. God never had a Plan B, because Plan A was prepared "before the foundation of the world." By this plan, Jesus Christ would shed His precious blood on the cross for the ins of the whole world.

God's Plan A is a display of amazing grace. "For by grace are ye saved through faith...not [by]works" (Ephesians 2:8-9) . Before anyone could ask for it, the plan was already in place. He promised it to Adam and Eve in Genesis 3:15. Satan would only bruise Christ's heel, because the crucified Christ would rise again. But Satan's doom was sealed, and victory over sin and hell would be given to all who repent of their sins, believe in Christ, and obey God's Word.

God's plan A is an able plan. Jesus our High Priest is alive forevermore and "is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him" (Hebrews 7:25). We can be assured of this plan because God cannot lie. And God's plan A extends into the ages to come for those of us who are saved when we leave this life.

--BSW/DM~
-----"Come Through" // Kim Walker-Smith ~~<https://youtu.be/Bpx9YR0dTvw>

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #94170
04/27/21 12:33 PM
04/27/21 12:33 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--WE ALL ARE CALLED / GET IN THE GAME ~

--"Get In the Game"

--"I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me. No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us."
--[Philippians 3:12-14/ NLT] angelwing

---In the rearview mirror of history, we can see that Paul was probably the most influential advocate for Christ the world will ever know. But to the Philippians, he was the man who shared the Gospel with them and continued to mentor them, even from prison. Paul’s focus never changed throughout his ministry: He was focused on the future and pressing on in order to finish well. What are we focused on? We can fold our arms and be spectators, or we can accept God’s assignments and get in the game. I want to use my abilities, my talents, my energy, and my resources to “press on” for the Kingdom of God. If you’ve been sitting on the sidelines, observing and critiquing, I invite you to suit up and get in the game.

THINK ABOUT IT
--Each one of us has assignments from the Lord, both general to the gospel and specific personally. How we perceive and respond to those assignments makes all the difference in the world for the Kingdom of God.

PRAYER
--"Heavenly Father, forgive me for when daily life blurs my vision of You and Your assignments. My greatest mission is to put You first in my life and bring You honor. Help me to maintain a sharp focus on You and Your Kingdom, and never on the sidelines of Your priorities. In Jesus’ name, amen. "
Blessings,
Pastor Allen Jackson

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #94175
04/28/21 11:43 AM
04/28/21 11:43 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--98% OF THE THINGS WE WORRY ABOUT NEVER COME TO PASS !

--Stop Worrying and Trust in the Lord Jesus.~

--"What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived" --the things God has prepared for those who love Him"
--[1 Corinthians 2:9] -- angelwing

--Years ago, when I was diagnosed with stage IV ovarian cancer and given a two-year life expectancy, I began to wonder more about heaven, with both fear and fascination. Heaven used to be a faraway place, but it suddenly seemed closer, and I wanted to know more about the journey from here to there.

Stacks of books have been written on the subject, so I did some reading, talked to people, and asked questions. I felt overwhelmed by all the information and have to admit I still feared the unknowns. Especially the fact that I had to die in order to get to get to heaven, and dying scared me.

Well, guess what? I didn't die. In fact, I have outlived that life expectancy by fifteen years, but many of my questions still live within me, and I still wonder what the process of getting to heaven will be like.

Just a few weeks ago, a friend told me something that is reshaping my thoughts. He and his wife had gone to visit a dear friend who was dying. They went to say goodbye and sat together with the family in her last moments. She had not spoken for hours and her breathing was slowing down. In her final moment she uttered a single word. Her last as she journeyed from here to there. Loud and clear, the word was heard.

--"WOW" she said. And took her final breath. ~~

--"Lord Jesus, what a perfect response to the final glimpse of Heaven...living up to all Your promises. WOW! angelwing~

--Guideposts/ CK~

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #94207
05/02/21 10:59 AM
05/02/21 10:59 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

----NO FEAR WITH JESUS ~~

--"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind."
--[2 Timothy 1:7/ KJV] -- angelwing

--Leaving our ranch is about the last thing we want to do, but with my husband's job relocation, we have to move.
Will we find a place we'll like? Do we have to sell our cattle? Fear looms so large over me that I'd bet it has snow on the upper peak. I have to get outside where I can pray without a ceiling in my way. I saddle Jack. With BlueDog at our heels, we climb through sage and pines, but I scarcely notice. I've packed my problems along with me. Worry only escalates.

A hawk's scream startles me. It screams again, upset. Two little backbirds dive at the red-tailed hawk, driving the predator away from their hidden nest. The hawk is a giant compared to the blackbirds, but in nature, attitude trumps size. Hmmm. Couldn't my fifty-pound BlueDog direct an entire herd of twelve-hundred- cows without so much my fingernail? The Bible overflows with encouragement for strength against towering odds. What about David killing Goliath with a slingshot? "Nothing is impossible with God."

I take a deep breath. How often has God left me without a solution? Never. How often has God turned something that seems horrible into something better than I could ever imagine on my own? I'm asked to trust Him in this. If God has decided to plant us in a new place, then bring it on. I'm going to give Him glory all the way.

My chin lifts. Well, Big Problem, is that the best you can do?

--"Lord Jesus, thank You for making me brave. against my giants of this world. You alone can make the impossible not just possible, but a a spirit-living adventure. No matter what, I will always trust in You, my Lord, Savior and Redeemer. In Christ. --Amen"
--Guideposts/EB~

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #94208
05/03/21 11:00 AM
05/03/21 11:00 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

----THERE IS NO FEAR IN LOVE ~~

--"There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear, because
fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love."
---[1 John 4:18] -- angelwing

--Faith Is Assurance ~~

--[Please read/ Hebrews 11:1-6]

--I've had the privilege of flying in several single-engine airplanes, but never once have I asked the pilot about his qualifications or the trustworthiness of the plane.
I simply expected him and his aircraft to carry me safely to my destination We usually don't have trouble relying on planes or automobiles without question, yet we sometimes fail to trust the Lord.

Our faith in God is like spiritual glasses through which we view the world around us. Our physical eyesight may not detect His almighty hand working in the events and situations of life, but faith looks beyond externals to the truth and promises of Scripture.

Our foundation of assurance is built upon God's Word and our experiences of His trustworthiness. We have no cause for worry or uncertainty because the Lord of the Universe is sovereign over every event under heaven, and that includes the details of our lives. Philippians 4:6-7 tells us not to be anxious; instead, we're to bring our concerns and requests to God with thanksgiving, trusting Him to work it all out according to His will. Then His peace will guard our hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. ~~

--"Lord Jesus, help me to see You as the Sovereign of the Universe. You are in complete control of all things. I trust in You, my Rock Redeemer, and Savior."

--In Touch

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #94355
06/02/21 09:58 AM
06/02/21 09:58 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-----FEAR ~~~

~~Some days I am wrought with fear.
A private battle with what-ifs and what-thens.
O Lord, I admit I am terrified of ambulances and
medical tests.
Of bad news, broken bones, and drawn-out illness.

Here I am, Lord at this date in my life, and I'm afraid I
don't even know the Bible as I should.

I feel so vulnerable, LORD.

Lift me out of this pit of despair and draw me close.
You, Lord who stilled the waters, please still my anxious heart.

Protect me from my deepest fears.
You alone are my refuge and strength.
Your grace supplies all that I need to endure, for I
have a divine mission to fulfill.

I put my trust completely in You, my Rock and my Redeemer.~~

--"The LORD is my light and my salvation~~
whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life~~
of whom shall I be afraid.?"
---[Psalm 27:21]-- angelwing

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life,
neither angels nor demons, neither the present
not the future, nor any powers, neither height
nor depth, nor anything else in all creation,
will be able to separate us from the love of God
that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." --[Romans 8:38-39]

[Friend, we all are fearful at times. Please keep calling on Jesus. He is as close as the mention of His Name.
Jesus loves you with an everlasting love, and underneath are His everlasting arms." ]

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #94561
07/06/21 02:45 PM
07/06/21 02:45 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--THE BEST REMEDY FOR FEAR is PRAYER ~~

--"But when I am afraid, I will put my trust in you."
--[Psalm 56:3/ NLT] -- prayer

--For over six months, my mother had put off having a necessary heart valve procedure. During this time, my family tried to convince her to make an appointment, but she avoided the topic at all costs. We became more and more concerned about her health as she was already having difficulty walking due to her heart. My mother is a woman of faith, but fear was getting the best of her After a long struggle, she agreed to make an appointment for the procedure.

A few days before my mother's surgery, she voiced her concerns to me over the phone. She was worried about one of the risks--a stroke. I sought to calm her fears. All procedures have risks, I told her, but the chances of a stroke were less than 1 percent. I also reminded her that she had this procedure once before and was fine. Though she knew these were valid points, I could sense that she wasn't convinced. I then said, "Mom, this is more about trusting the Lord. Your life is in God's hands." Mom signed, acknowledging she needed to trust the Lord.

On the day of the procedure, Mom was apprehensive, but she was hanging on to her trust in God. My dad and I gathered around Mom as we prayed together and thanked the Lord for His presence and care.

After the procedure her face radiated peace and confidence despite her discomfort. A day later, she was discharged. ~

--"Lord Jesus, help us to keep our trust and confidence in You always. Thank You for hearing and answering. You are the great Physician, Jehovah Ropha."

--Guideposts/PD~
~~

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #94566
07/06/21 03:53 PM
07/06/21 03:53 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

----Out of the Depths I Cry~

----[Please Read // Psalm 130 // Hope In the LORD's Forgiving Love~ crackthebook ]

---I don't believe in coincidences.

Scattered over the map, my husband, David, and his four siblings rarely get together. So when his brother, who lives in France, planned a trip to Colorado several months in advance, all of them, save one, made plans to come as well.
The one who couldn't plan to attend was their sister Pat, who lived in Texas and who, for seven years, had been battling early-onset Alzheimer's.

The big reunion day finally arrived. The remaining four siblings were together at lunch when a phone call from Pat's husband came in. Pat had passed away.

--It had been sixteen years since David and his brothers and sisters had been together. Yet, on the of their sister's passing, there they were with each other, to comfort, to mourn, to reminisce. That evening at dinner, we all prayed for the family. Pat was now Home with the Lord Jesus. Our gracious all-knowing God had called her home. ~~

--"Father God, You alone know all things--what was, what is, and what is to be. Thank You that even in the most difficult times, we can depend upon Your great compassion, love, and grace. In Christ Jesus Name~ amen"

--Guideposts/KTH~
--PSALM 130 // (Out of the Depths)--Ariel McMahon <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvNIMvjol1E>
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #94905
09/03/21 01:37 PM
09/03/21 01:37 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

----Heavenly Father, in the Name of Jesus~

--"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him,
so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
---[Romans 15:13 /NIV) bible

---It was on of the hardest decisions of our thirty-three marriage. We'd both avoided it, especially Julee, but her suffering had grown unbearable, the disks in her spinal column being crushed by damage vertebrae. Finally, she was willing to take a chance on surgery.

She'd injured her back during years as a singer and actress. Once, performing a concert in Bucharest, she tripped over a cable as she was coming on stage and nearly had to cancel the performance. As it was, she could barely move during that show. In a crazy off-Broadway musical when we were first married, her role required her to be hoisted aloft to escape a dangerous accident. the hoist operator was new and wrenched Julee's back out of alignment.

She'd tried everything for relief: injections, pills, physical therapy, yoga, massage, meditation, rest -- lots and lots of rest. Finally reluctantly, she had agreed to surgery, even if it would have to wait a bit due to flare-up of her lupus.

"Edward, I'm scared."
" I know, baby, but the doctor says the risks are minimal. The worst-case scenario is to stay the same."
"That's what scares me. Staying the same. That's the same as losing hope, and I can't lose hope."

She was right. What outcome could be worse than the loss of hope? Of knowing nothing would change? I'm not sure I could face that risk. But Julee will . She told me, "There's only one way I can do this: with God. I don't ask Him to take away the fear, just to go through it with me."

I'll be there, too, Julee, asking God to be there for both of us. ~~

--"Father in heaven, in our deepest pain we turn to You for hope. Thank you that you are carrying us through these difficult times. in our Lord's Name."

--Guideposts/EG~
~~~~~

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #94914
09/05/21 10:40 AM
09/05/21 10:40 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

----HELP FROM THE HOLY SPIRIT ~~

--"Return, faithless people. I will cure you of backsliding."
---[Jeremiah 3:22] angelwing

--[PLEASE READ/ Jeremiah 3:11–15, 22]

---While my classmates and I used to skip the occasional lecture in university, everyone always made sure to attend Professor Chris’ lecture the week before the year-end exams. That was when he would unfailingly drop big hints about the exam questions he’d set.

I always wondered why he did that, until I realized that Prof. Chris genuinely wanted us to do well. He had high standards, but he would help us meet them. All we had to do was show up and listen so we could prepare properly.

It struck me that God is like that too. God can’t compromise His standards, but because He deeply desires us to be like He is, He’s given us the Holy Spirit to help us meet those standards.

In Jeremiah 3:11–14, God urged unfaithful Israel to acknowledge their guilt and return to Him. But knowing how stubborn and weak they were, He would help them. He promised to cure their backsliding ways (v. 22), and He sent shepherds to teach and guide them (v. 15).

How comforting it is to know that no matter how big the sin we’re trapped in or how far we’ve turned from God, He’s ready to heal us of our faithlessness! All we need to do is to acknowledge our wrong ways and allow His Holy Spirit to begin changing our hearts.

--"Loving God, Please help me to let Your Spirit heal me of my faithlessness and transform my heart to be acceptable in Your eyes. You are the God that heals. Blessed be the Name of Jehovah Ropha . In our Lord Jesus' Name. amen"
--ODB/LK

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #95317
11/02/21 12:11 PM
11/02/21 12:11 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--The Remedy For Fear / Trust in the Lord ~~

--"Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always."
---[1 Chronicles 16:11/ NIV]

--I sat in my car in front of Anne's house. The engine hum was comforting. I watched digital numbers on my display change and change again. "Lord, be with me," I whispered. Then I pulled keys from the ignition and dropped them into my bag.

Anne was mama to two young sons and a newborn, and a few minutes later I sat at her table while she served chicken salad. Recently Anne asked me to be her mentor after I'd been on a panel of experienced mothers at a brunch she and her friends organized. I didn't know Anne well, but I like what I did know. She was a gifted teacher. Her love for the Lord was tender-fierce.

But mentor? I had one--an older, wiser woman who walked miles of life with. But be one? Who me?

I wore worry like a sweater. I dragged my feet through life change. My husband and I had mountain-size parenting issues. My spiritual shortcomings were a long list.

Anne and I began to talk as her toddlers napped and her baby slept in the bassinet. Conversation was polite and easy---the gentle flow of friendship. But it didn't take long for things to go deep as we shared personal matters. Our families. Our hearts and our hopes.

"I appreciate your transparency," Anne said later as I searched my bag for keys. "You're honest and real. You love the Lord, and you lean into Him with your life."

Anne wasn't drawn to a story without struggle. Or to flawless faith. She was drawn to His perfection in my imperfection. To His might in my mess.
"Thank You, Lord, I said. I smiled all the way home knowing 'perfect love casts out all fear.'

--Guideposts/SE~
----

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #95673
01/13/22 05:23 PM
01/13/22 05:23 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---IN GOD WE PUT OUR TRUST ~~
--[Blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. angelwing [Jeremiah 17:7]

----The baby wasn't due for another six weeks, but the doctor had just diagnosed Whitney with cholestasis, a live condition common in pregnancy.
In a whirlwind of emotions, Whitney was taken to the hospital where she received treatment and was told her baby would be induced in 24 hours! In another part of the hospital ventilators and other equipment needed for the onslaught of COVID-19 cases were being put into place as a result, Whitney was sent home. She made the decision to trust God and His plans and she delivered a health baby a few days later.

When Scripture takes root in us, it transforms the way we react in trying situations. Jeremiah lived in a time when most of society trusted in human alliances, and the worship of idols was prevalent. The prophet contrasts the person who "draws strength from mere flesh and whose heart turns away from the Lord" [Jeremiah 17:5] with one who trusts in God "Blessed is the one...whose confidence is in him. They will be like a tree planted by the water that.... does not fear when heat comes; it's leaves are always green" (vv. 7-8).

As believers in Jesus, we're called to live by faith as we look to Him for solutions As He provides the strength, we can choose to fear or to trust Him. God says we're blessed -- fully satisfied--when we choose to place our trust in Him. ~~

"Lord God, thank You that I can trust You in all situations and come to you in prayer. You are right there in the midst of my struggles and You give me strength. In our Lord's name. "

--ODB/RK~

Re: -THE REMEDY FOR FEAR [Re: Abigail] #95675
01/14/22 06:54 PM
01/14/22 06:54 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

----A HUMBLE POSTURE ~~
----"I say to the LORD you are my Lord, apart from you I have no good thing." angelwing --PSALM 16:2]

--"Keep your hands behind your back. You'll be fine."
That's the loving admonition Jan's husband always gave before she ventured off to speak to a group. When she found herself trying to impress people or seeking to control a situation, she'd adopt this posture because it put her her in a teachable, listening frame of mind. She used it to remind herself to love those before her and to be humble and available to the Holy Spirit.

Jan's understanding of humility is rooted in King David's observation that everything comes from God. David said to God, "You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing." (text). He learned to trust God and seek His counsel. "Even at night my heart instructs me" (v.7) He knew that with God next to him, he'd not be shaken (v..8) He didn't need to puff himself up because he trusted in the mighty God who loved him.

As we look to God each day, asking Him to help us when we feel frustrated or to give us words to speak when we feel tongue-tied, we'll see Him at work in our lives. We'll "partner with God," as Jan says; and we'll realize that if we've done well, it's because God has helped us flourish.

We can look at others with love, our hands clasped behind our backs in a posture of humility to remind us that everything we have comes from our Creator God, ~~

--"Creator God, You've created the world and all that's within it, and yet love me and want to use me for Your glory
Help me, Lord, to look to You for help and strength."

--ODB/ABP

Moderated by  CTD