News you won't see in controlled mainstream media.

Circle-of-Life Forums - Welcome
Open-Source News, Natural Health, Recipes, Freedom, Preparedness, Computers, Technology, Movies, Reviews, History, Wisdom, Truth
See All Social Media We Are On | Trouble viewing videos? Use FireFox instead of Chrome.
Mercury Detox & Amalgam Fillings Forum

The Mercury Detox & Amalgam Fillings Forum

Detoxing Heavy Metals, Removing Amalgam Fillings, Understanding Mercury Poisoning

Our Most Popular Videos, Audio Clips, and Articles

Text
Text

views

Secret News
News you won't hear in controlled mainstream media.
Video Document
Video

views

CFL Bulbs: Are They Safe?
An experiment exposing the serious danger of compact fluorescent bulbs.
Video Document
Video

views

Mercury From Canned Fish Contaminating Your Kitchen
Open a can of fish and you begin breathing mercury vapor.
Website
Website

(remote)

views

Spraying the Skies with Toxic Metals
Have you heard about the epic crime of human history?
Video
Video

views

The Global Depopulation Agenda Documented
A MUST-SEE lecture for every parent!
Video
Video

views

What In the World are They Spraying?
Vaccination via the air for everyone, every day!
Video
Video

views

The
A 2-minute explanation of the global warming lie.
Video
Video

views

Global Warming: The Other Side
The Weather Channel founder exposes the GW lie.
Video
Video

views

Know Your Enemy
A revolutionary look at Earth history.
Video
Video

views

Mystery Babylon
The grandmother of all conspiracies.
Video
Video

views

The Power Behind the New World Order
An essential video for all wishing to understand.
Video
Video

views

Global Warming: Is CO2 the Cause
Dr. Robert Carter tells the truth about global warming.
Video
Video

views

All Jesse Ventura Conspiracy Theory Episodes In One Place
Easily find the episodes you want to watch.
Text
Text

views

New Study Steers Mercury Blame Away From Vaccines Toward Environment: But Where's It Coming From?
New study steers mercury blame away from vaccines.
Text
Text

views

Revelation 18:23 What does "sorcery" really mean?
Text
Text

views

The Leading Cause of Death Globally - Likely Has Been for Decades
Modern medicine leading cause of death globally?
Video
Video

views

Lies In the Textbooks - Full Version
Blatant, intentional lies in American textbooks.
Text
Text

views

Stop Chemical and Biological Testing on U.S. Citizens
Testing on U.S. Citizens is perfectly legal today.
Text
Text

views

Do Vaccines Cause Cancer? Cancerous Cell Lines Used in the Development of Vaccines
DOCUMENTED! Cancerous cell lines used in vaccines!
Video
Video

views

Italian Doctor - Dr. Tullio Simoncini - Reportedly Curing 90% of Cancer Cases
Italian Doctor makes history & gets license revoked.
Video
Video

views

Apollyon Rising 2012 - The Final Mystery Of The Great Seal Revealed: A Terrifying And Prophetic Cipher, Hidden From The World By The U.S. Government For Over 200 Years Is Here
The Final Mystery Of the Great Seal of the U.S. Revealed
Video
Video

views

Invisible Empire - New Epic Video about the New World Order
Epic Video about the New World Order.
Video
Video

views

The Lie of the Serpent: Dr. Walter Veith Examines the New Age Movement's Relationship to the New World Order
The New Age Movement & The New World Order
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Whitewater, drug smuggling, and the bloodiest campaign trail in history
Text Document
Text

views

Secret News
Professional actors in politics and media
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The biggest conspiracy of all: Keeping it all in the family
Text Document
Text

views

Secret News
Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP): The language of politics
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Congressman Sherman tells it like it is; Is anyone listening?
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The only way to ensure privacy is to remove your cell phone battery
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Rep Kapture reveals epic crimes that remain unpunished
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The reason so many are sterile, sick and dying today
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Former U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney Says "No Evidence" for Bin Laden Involvement in 9-11
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The highest elected U.S. officials make sure they are exempt from justice.
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The murder of JFK cleared the way for the communist globalist agenda
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The world's largest military contractors exposed in "Iraq For Sale"
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
A paradigm-changing video that everyone must see.
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
This is a chilling video that exposes the use-or misuse-of the word "force" in HR1955
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
A Hollywood producer told about 9/11 before it happened
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
How many other news stories have been faked that we don't know about?
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Texas legislators on both sides of the iasle voting for each other
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper and Australian Prime Minister John Howard give the same speech
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Why are are few (not all) police working to promote hate and violence?
Text Document
Text

views

Secret News
New grassroots movement protects U.S. citizens against unlawful police action
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Russ), 1,355 guests, and 27 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Left Sidebar Ad
Popular Topics(Views)
338,872 DOES GOD EXIST?
254,062 Please HELP!!!
162,037 Open Conspiracy
106,499 History rules
98,855 Symmetry
87,744 oil pulling
Support Our Forum
Herbs/Nutrition
Only The Best HerbsOnly The Best Herbs!
Your best source of world-class herbal information! More...
Mercury Detox
Amalgam Illness: Diagnosis and Treatment by Dr. Andrew Cutler#1 Book We've Found!
"Silver" fillings, mercury detox, & much more. More...
Algin
AlginFor Mercury Detox
Prevent mercury reabsorption in the colon during detox. More...
Mercury Poisoning
DMSA, 25mg.Softcover & Kindle
Excellent resource for mercury detox. More...
DMSA 100mg
EDTA 500mg
DMSA, 25mg.For Mercury Chelation
For calcium chelation and heart health. More...
Vaccine Safety?
Vaccines: The Risks, The Benefits, The Choices by Dr. Sherri TenpennyMust for Every Parent
The most complete vaccine info on the planet. More...
Stop Candida!
Candida ClearFinally.
Relief! More...
Saying NO To Vaccines
Saying No To Vaccines by Dr. Sherri TenpennyDr. Sherri Tenpenny
Get the info you need to protect yourself. More...
Nano-Silver
Amalgam Illness: Diagnosis and Treatment by Dr. Andrew CutlerWhat everyone's talking about!
Safe, powerful, timely! More...
World's Best Vitamin E
Vitamin E wih SeleniumThere is a difference!
A powerful brain antioxidant for use during Hg detox. More...
It's All In Your Head
It's All In Your Head by Dr. Hal HugginsThis changed my life!
This book convinced me remove my fillings. More...
World's Best Multi
Super Supplemental - Full-Spectrum Multivitamin/Mineral/Herbal SupplementThis is what we use!
The only multi where you feel the difference. More...
Understand Hair Tests
Hair Test Interpretation: Finding Hidden Toxicities by Dr. Andrew CutlerHair Tests Explained!
Discover hidden toxicities, easily. More...
GABA
GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid)Have Racing Thoughts?
Many use GABA for anxiety and better sleep. More...
Pet Health Charts
Pet Health Charts for Dogs, Cats, Horses, and BirdsHelp Them!
Natural health for pets. More...
The Companion Bible (Hardcover)
The Companion BibleThe Bible We Use!
King James with study notes by Bullinger. More...
The Companion Bible (Softcover)
The Companion BibleThe Bible We Use!
King James with study notes by Bullinger. More...
Sweet Remedy
Sweet RemedyFood Additives
Protect your family from toxic food! More...
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
-God Does What Is Best /... Always... #68555
09/25/12 09:29 AM
09/25/12 09:29 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-God Does What Is Best / Always...

-"Shall God not avenge His own elect who cry out day and night to Him, though He bears long with them?"
--(Luke 18:7)
- bible

Mark tells us that during the storm Jesus "saw [His disciples] straining at rowing" (Mark 6:48). Through the night He saw them. Through the storm He saw them. And like a loving Father He waited. He waited until the right time, until the right moment. He waited until He knew it was time to come, and then He came.

What made it the right time? I don't know. Why was the ninth hour better then the fourth or fifth? I can't answer that. Why does God wait until the money is gone? Why does He wait until the sickness has lingered? Why does He choose to wait until the other side of the grave to answer the prayers for healing?

I don't know. I only know His timing is always right. I can only say He will always do what is best. "Shall God not avenge His own elect who cry out day and night to Him, though He bears long with them? (Luke 18:7).

Though you hear nothing, He is speaking. Though you see nothing, He is acting. With God there are no accidents. Every incident is intended to bring us closer to Him.

-Question: What is there in your life that is keeping you from calling out to the Lord?

-By: Max Lucado

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." [John 14:6]
Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #68556
09/25/12 09:45 AM
09/25/12 09:45 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
--Jesus: The One Who
Stands at the Door ~~

Let me state something important. There is never a time during which Jesus is not speaking. Never. There is never a place in which Jesus is not present. Never. There is never a room so dark...a lounge so sensual...an office so sophisticated...that the ever-present, ever-pursuing, relentlessly tender Friend is not there, tapping gently on the doors of our hearts--waiting to be invited in.

Few hear His voice. Fewer still open the door.

But never interpret our numbness as His absence. For amidst the fleeting promises of pleasure is the timeless promise of His presence...

There is no chorus so loud that the voice of God cannot be heard...if we will but listen.

-By: Max Lucado

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." [John 14:6]
Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #68557
09/25/12 11:14 AM
09/25/12 11:14 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--JESUS: True God, Our Source cross

-Should a man see only popularity, he becomes a mirror, reflecting whatever needs to be reflected to gain acceptance...He is everyone and no one.

Should a man see only power, he becomes a wolf--prowling, hunting, and stalking the elusive game. Recognition is his prey and people are his prizes. His quest is endless...As a result, he who sees only power is degraded to an animal, an insatiable scavenger, controlled not by a will from within, but by luring from without.

Should a man see only pleasure, he becomes a carnival thrill-seeker, alive only in bright lights, wild rides, and titillating entertainment. With lustful fever he races from ride to ride, satisfying his insatiable passion for sensations only long enough to look for another...

Seekers of popularity, power, and pleasure. The end result is the same: painful unfulfillment.

Only in seeking his Maker does a man truly become man. For in seeing his Creator man catches a glimpse of what he was intended to be. He who would see his God would then see the reason for death and the purpose of time. Destiny? Tomorrow? Truth? All are questions within the reach of the man who knows his Source.

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #68572
09/26/12 12:58 PM
09/26/12 12:58 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-STILL IN
GOD'S HANDS -

-Job 1:13-22
---
In all this JOB did
not sin nor charge
God with wrong.
--JOB 1:22
bible
---
During my first year of seminary, I listened as a new friend described her life. Abandoned by her husband, she was raising two small children alone. Earning just over minimum wage, she had little chance of escaping the poverty and dangers she described in her neighborhood.

As a father, I was moved by her concern for her children, and asked, "How do you handle all of this?" She seemed surprised by my question and replied, "We are doing all we can do, and I must leave them in God's hands." Her trust in God in the midst of trials reminded me of JOB's trust (1:6-22).

A year later, she phoned and asked if I would come be with her at the funeral home. Her son had been killed in a drive-by shooting. I asked God for the wisdom not to try to explain the unexplainable.

Standing with her that day, however, I marveled as again and again she comforted others---her confidence in God unshaken by this terrible blow. Turning to me as we parted, her final words were a poignant reminder of the depth of her faith: "My boy is still in God's hands." Like JOB, she "did not sin nor charge God with wrong" (v.22).We too can develop an unshakable faith by daily walking with the Lord.
----
-NOTHING CAN SHAKE THOSE WHO ARE SECURE IN GOD'S HANDS.

--ODB/RK

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #68573
09/26/12 02:19 PM
09/26/12 02:19 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-The Law and the Gospel of God's Grace

-BIBLE MEDITATION:
"Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all." Romans 4:16

-DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
There are more than six billion people on the face of this earth. If you extracted from each one the very best character traits and put those things into one man, that one man would still have to bow before God and cry out for mercy to be saved.

We've got to quit trying to be saved by doing good things or being a moral person or even by keeping the Ten Commandments.

The law says "if." The gospel says "therefore."

The law says you must earn salvation. The gospel says salvation is a gift.

The law demands holiness. The gospel provides holiness.

The law says run, but it doesn't give us legs.
The gospel says fly, and it gives us wings of grace.

-ACTION POINT:
Read Romans 10. What application can you gain for your life from this chapter?

"For by grace are you saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God;
Not of works, lest any man should boast."

--(Ephesians 2:8-9)

--Adrian Rogers

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #68630
10/02/12 12:20 PM
10/02/12 12:20 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
-STAND STILL!
-By: David Wilkerson

-[May 19, 1931 - April 27, 2011]

The three most common words heard among Christians in times of crisis are: "Lord, do something!" It is against our nature to stand still and do nothing when we face perplexing trials. In fact, waiting patiently for God to act is probably the most difficult thing about the Christian walk. Even devoted believers panic when the Lord does not move according to their timetable.

We constantly give God deadlines and time limits. We cry, "Lord, when are You going to do something about this? If You don't act now, it will be too late!" But God is never too late. He always acts according to His schedule, not ours.

Our God is always searching the earth for those who will trust Him in every crisis, trial and hopeless situation. Indeed, He often leads us into situations that are critical and difficult in order to test us. He wants to see if we are willing to stand still and wait for Him to bring supernatural deliverance.

The Bible states very clearly: "The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way" (Psalm 37:23). The Hebrew word for ordered here means "prearranged, step by step, fixed, ordained by God."

This means it is God, not the devil, who leads us into difficult places. We may
cry, "Lord, why are You allowing my crisis to continue?" But the truth is, not only does He allow our trial, but He does so deliberately — for a purpose.
And that is hard for us to accept.

God allows these hard things in our lives in order to produce faith in us. He is shaping us into godly examples of faith, to be His testimony to a faithless, ungodly age.

I firmly believe every step I take is ordained by our heavenly Father and He would never lead me to the brink of a difficult situation only to abandon me. He would not say, "Okay, David, I've directed you up to this point. Now you're on your own."

No! God is absolutely faithful to His children, in every crisis. He is always asking us, "Will you be one I've been searching for, one who will not panic, who will not charge Me with forsaking, abandoning and hurting My children? Will you stand still in your crisis and trust Me to see you through?" ~~~

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #68660
10/04/12 10:05 AM
10/04/12 10:05 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-Angels Round About
-- angelwing --
"The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them." (Psalm 34:7)

Since God's angels are normally unseen, we have little appreciation of how intimately they are involved in our lives. "Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?" (Hebrews 1:14). As in our text, there may well be a protecting angel embracing and delivering us in times of danger. "For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone" (Psalm 91:11-12).

Angels are sometimes called on to rout the enemies of God and His people. "Let them be confounded and put to shame that seek after my soul . . . and let the angel of the LORD chase them. Let their way be dark and slippery: and let the angel of the LORD persecute them" (Psalm 35:4-6).

Angels are intensely interested in the salvation and spiritual growth of believers, "which things the angels desire to look into" (1 Peter 1:12). "For we are made a spectacle unto the world, and to angels, and to men" (1 Corinthians 4:9). There are even occasions when "some have entertained angels unawares" (Hebrews 13:2).

There is "an innumerable company of angels" (Hebrews 12:22), beings of great power and wisdom (2 Kings 19:35; 2 Samuel 14:20). They are not omnipotent, omnipresent, or omniscient, of course, since they--like us--were created by God, simply to obey God. "Bless the Lord, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word" (Psalm 103:20).

Finally, we shall be "carried by the angels" (Luke 16:22) into God's presence. Then we can better understand and thank them for all the many services rendered to us here on earth.
--ICR/ HMM
------
Christians can always keep this edifying word in their hearts and minds, knowing we are never alone. Even as Jesus said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." Blessed be His Holy Name!

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #68706
10/10/12 09:11 AM
10/10/12 09:11 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-NO MORE;
-NO LESS--

-2 Timothy 2:14-26
---
Be diligent to present
yourself approved to
God, a worker...
rightly dividing the
Word of truth.
--2 Timothy 2:15
bible
---
Recently I was reading about how easy it is to mishandle the message of the Bible. We may try to make it support what we already believe is true instead of allowing it to speak to us with God's intended message. Some people use the Bible to defend one side of an issue, while others use the Bible to attack that same issue. Both quote Scripture to support their views, but both can't be right.

It is important as we use God's Word that we are committed to saying no more and no less than the Scriptures actually say. If we mishandle the Word, we misrepresent it, which ultimately misrepresents God's character. This is why Paul challenged Timothy, "Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of truth" (2 Tim. 2:15). A key priority for unashamed, approved workers for Christ to to accurately interpret ("rightly divide") God's Word. As we study, we can depend on the Spirit, who inspired it, to give us understanding and wisdom.

Through our words and actions, we have opportunity to represent God's Word in ways that genuinely reflect God's heart. That is one of the greatest privileges of the Christian life. ~~
-----
-GOD'S WORD--HANDLE WITH CARE.

--ODB/BC
-----
starPlease be careful what television programs you watch. The enemy of our soul is putting a lot of evangelical programs on the air, saying they are prophecy, special 'Words' from God, etc. This is where we must "rightly divide the Word of truth", accurately interpret.

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Living as Salt and Light for Christ [Re: Abigail] #68765
10/16/12 11:38 AM
10/16/12 11:38 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-Living as Salt and Light for Christ~

"You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored? --(Matthew 5:13)

Many years ago, England's leader Oliver Cromwell was looking for silver to feed the economy of Britain. So he called some of his leaders together and said, "Let's put some more silver in circulation to boost the economy!" The leaders responded, "Sir, the only silver that remains in England is the silver in the statues of the saints, which are in the churches!" So Cromwell stood up and said, "Well, then melt down those saints and put them in circulation!"

That's exactly what needs to happen to followers of Christ, God's saints, today. The church needs to get into circulation for our Lord where God has put us. We need to be the salt and light that God has called us to be to a world living in darkness!

So here's a little exercise I want you to do: Take a pen and a piece of paper, and make a list answering the question, "Who am I?" Your list may include "husband," "wife,' "son,"
"daughter," "worker," "boss," "volunteer," etc.

Then, to the right of each item on your list, write down how you are being salt and light for the Lord in that particular category. How do you do ministry in your role as a spouse? As a sibling? As a parent? Or in the workplace?

Once you begin to answer that question, you'll start to understand how you can make a bigger impact for Christ in every area of your life!

-EXAMINE YOURSELF TO SEE HOW YOU CAN BETTER REACH OTHERS
FOR CHRIST IN EACH AREA OF YOUR LIFE. THEN DO IT! -(Life is brief. James 4:14~)

--Daily Word/JG

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #68784
10/17/12 01:37 PM
10/17/12 01:37 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--God Accomplishes What Concerns You
--Read | Psalm 138:7-8 (Recommended Reading)
bible

David was a man who walked through trouble on a regular basis. His psalms express the struggles and disappointments he faced, yet in the end, he always turned his focus back to God. The key to his victorious attitude was his strong faith in the Lord.

-David was confident in God's purpose. That's why he could say, "The Lord will accomplish what concerns me" (v. 8). The only way we can walk through trouble and not be defeated is by keeping our focus on the Lord and His purpose. He has promised to do a good work in our lives, but sometimes the only way He can complete it is in valleys of hardship.

-He relied on the Lord's power. When troubles arise, we, too, can trust God to deliver us, but it may not be by escape. Sometimes He sustains us through the difficulty, walking with us every step of the way.

-David believed the promises of God. Throughout these two verses, he repeatedly reminds himself what the Lord will do. We also need to have some specific promises from Scripture that will anchor us in times of trouble. The truths of the Bible are our most valuable possession when the storms of life assail us. Self-reliance or advice from others will never equal the help God's Word offers us.

God assumes responsibility for accomplishing what concerns you in times of trouble. Your job is to believe that He will fulfill His purpose, His power is adequate, and He'll keep every promise. When the trial has achieved His goal, He'll remove it. Until then, keep walking with your eyes on Him.

"Now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when He appears, we shall be like Him..." ~~

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #68785
10/17/12 02:00 PM
10/17/12 02:00 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-HARVEST DAY

-Galatians 6:1-10
---
Whatever a man
sows, that he
will also reap.
--Galatians 6:7
angelwing

ONE autumn afternoon I drove past a field where a farmer had parked some massive machinery by the side of the road. A yellow caution sign read: "Harvest in Progress." As I glanced over at the field, I knew instantly what the farmer had planted several months ago--tiny kernels of corn. I knew this because he was preparing to drive his harvesting equipment through acres of mature cornstalks.

While it may seem obvious that planting corn leads to harvesting corn, we sometimes deny the relationship between sowing and reaping in our spiritual lives. The apostle Paul wrote, "Do not be deceived...; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap" (Gal. 6:7). Living to please our flesh yields corruption in the form of wanting what isn't ours, self-centeredness, and even substance abuse (5:19-21). Walking with the Spirit produces peace, kindness, and self-control (5:22-23). By God's grace, we can choose to "sow to the Spirit" and reap eternal life (6:8).

Suppose Jesus declared today "harvest day" in our lives, and He asked us to gather up the yield of our everyday choices over the past year. What would we have to show Him?
---
-The seeds we sow today determine
-the kind of fruit we'll reap tomorrow. ~

--ODB/JBS

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #68814
10/19/12 05:48 PM
10/19/12 05:48 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-The Meek Shall Inherit the Earth~

-But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.
- Psalms 37:11
angelwing

The meek "shall inherit the earth." It was through the desire for self-exaltation that sin entered into the world, and our first parents lost the dominion over this fair earth, their kingdom. It is through self-abnegation that Christ redeems what was lost. And He says we are to overcome as He did. Revelation 3:21. Through humility and self-surrender we may become heirs with Him when "the meek shall inherit the earth." Psalm 37:11.

The earth promised to the meek will not be like this, darkened with the shadow of death and the curse. "We, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness." "There shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and His servants shall serve Him." 2 Peter 3:13; Revelation 22:3.

There is no disappointment, no sorrow, no sin, no one who shall say, I am sick; there are no burial trains, no mourning, no death, no partings, no broken hearts; but Jesus is there, peace is there. There "they shall not hunger nor thirst; neither shall the heat nor sun smite them: for He that hath mercy on them shall lead them, even by the springs of water shall He guide them." Isaiah 49:10.
~~~~~~

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #68917
10/29/12 01:01 PM
10/29/12 01:01 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-Where is Your Focus Today?

-BIBLE MEDITATION:
"I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:14

-DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
When a runner is in a race, he puts his eyes on the goal. He doesn't look at the grandstand or the other runners. Neither does he examine himself. He has his eyes on the goal. He looks away from everything else. The finish line is all he sees.

That's exactly what we're to do. The reason many Christians fail in the race is that they have not learned to look away from other things. They're trying to look in both directions at the same time, and James 1:8 says, "A double minded man is unstable in all his ways." And Matthew 6:22 says, "If therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light."

-ACTION POINT:
Where is your focus today? Has the world drawn you back into itself, luring you away from the command of our Lord?
Read Matthew 28:19-20. That's your goal.
Keep your eyes on Jesus, the Author and Finisher of your faith!

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #68929
10/30/12 02:17 PM
10/30/12 02:17 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-MAKING A
DIFFERENCE~

Matthew 9:27-38
---
[Jesus] was moved
with compassion
for them.
--Matthew 9:36
cross
---
Elizabeth's story was moving, to say the least. Following a terribly humiliating experience in Massachusetts, she caught a bus to New Jersey to escape her embarrassment. Weeping uncontrollably, she hardly noticed that the bus had stopped. A passenger sitting behind her, a total stranger, began making his way off the bus when he suddenly stopped, turned, and walked back to Elizabeth. He saw her tears and handed her his Bible, saying that he thought she might need it. He was right. But not only did she need the Bible, she needed the Christ it speaks of. Elizabeth received Him as a result of this simple act of compassion by a stranger who gave a gift.

Jesus is our example of compassion. In Matthew 9, we read, "When He saw the multitudes, He was moved with compassion for them, because they were weary and scattered , like sheep having no shepherd" (v.36). Not only did our Lord notice the pain and hurt of broken people, He responded to it by challenging His followers to pray for the Father to send out workers to respond to the hurts and needs of this dying world (v.38).

As we follow Christ's example, a heart of compassion for shepherdless people can compel us to make a difference in the lives of others.~~ -------
- A world in despair needs Christians who care.

--ODB/BC

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #69076
11/09/12 10:46 AM
11/09/12 10:46 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-LORD, HAVE
YOUR WAY, In ME!

That I may know
Him and the power
of His resurrection,
and the fellowship
of His sufferings,
being conformed to
His death.--Phil.3:10
cross
---
Some Bible scholars say that the apostle Paul had a love of books and studied them till the end of his life. He wrote in his final letter, "Bring the cloak that I left with Carpus at Troas when you come--and the books, especially the parchments" (2 Tim. 4:13). The books he was asking for could very well have been the Old Testament and/or some of his own writings.

I'm sure that Paul's pursuit of knowledge was more than intellectual curiosity or entertainment. It was the pursuit of Christ that drove Paul. His goal: "That I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being made conformable unto His death." (Phil 3:10.)
I pray that this same pursuit will drive us today, to surrender our lives totally to Him.

'Heavenly Father, give me a passionate desire
to know You and Your Son. Please stir my heart
for this, the greatest of all pursuits, so that
I might grow ever closer to You. Lord, have Your
way in my life, completely. prayer'
---
--TO KNOW CHRIST IS THE GREATEST OF ALL KNOWLEDGE!
-I SURRENDER! I Want to Know You More!

--ODB/BC

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #69116
11/14/12 07:55 PM
11/14/12 07:55 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-WHICH WAY?

-Hosea 14
---
-The ways of the
LORD are right; the
righteous walk in
them. --Hosea 14:9
angelwing
---
-Asking directions is not my favorite thing to do. I always feel that if I stay at it long enough I'll eventually find my way. My wife, Martie, on the other hand, is always quick to ask directions and incredulous about my unwillingness to admit that I don't have a clue about where I'm going. In the end, she is the wiser one. She gets to her destination quickly and without angst while I end up getting lost.

Thinking that we are smart enough to navigate life on our own goes contrary to the warning of Scripture that tells us, "There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death" (Prov. 16:25). When we are at a fork in the road, we need to stop and consult the ways of the Lord, "for the ways of the LORD are right" (Hos. 14:9).

Life is a directional enterprise. It's vitally important to know how to successfully direct our lives toward blessed and peaceful relationships, meaningful acts of love and service, a fulfilling experience with God, and a host of other vitally important destinations.

Asking God for directions isn't just a good idea--it's critical. "Trust in the LORD with all your heart...and He shall direct your paths" (Prov. 3:5-6).
-----
-Ask God for directions because He knows the way.
--ODB/JS

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #69216
11/24/12 10:54 AM
11/24/12 10:54 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-Seek the Lord
-Read | Psalm 27:4-8 -
[Recommended Reading]
-[vs.8] "Good and upright is the LORD;
-Therefore He instructs sinners in the way."

--- crackthebook
-My life was radically influenced by the example of my grandfather, who wholeheartedly sought the Lord. I wanted the same kind of relationship that he had with God, and I knew the only way this would happen was if I, too, earnestly sought Him. All these years later, I can truthfully say that the most exciting aspect of my life is getting on my face before God in intimate fellowship.

This kind of relationship won't happen accidentally. It requires a deliberate decision to reset your priorities in order to make room for the pursuit of God. Intimacy with Him is not something that can be achieved in an inspiring weekend conference, nor can it be accomplished by reading a chapter or two in the Bible and praying for ten minutes a day. Seeking God is a persevering lifetime commitment--day by day, decade by decade.

Too many believers are satisfied to have a shallow relationship with the Lord. They'll seek answers to prayer or relief in times of suffering but are unwilling to sit quietly for an extended period of time just getting to know Him through prayer and His Word. Yet the most important pursuit in a believer's life is building a relationship with God. To forfeit this great blessing is a tragedy.

God doesn't need anything from you, but He desires your loving devotion and intimate fellowship. Is that what you want too? If so, are you willing to make the necessary commitment? Seeking the Lord cannot be hurried. It will cost you time and effort, but the rewards are worth any sacrifice.
--In Touch~

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #69217
11/24/12 11:13 AM
11/24/12 11:13 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--Called Before Birth

"But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him." (Galatians 1:15-16) crackthebook

-There is great mystery here. Paul was the human writer of much of the New Testament, yet he also claimed divine inspiration. "I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ" (Galatians 1:11-12).

It was only a short time before, however, that Paul had been bitterly opposing that gospel. "Beyond measure," he said, "I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it" (Galatians 1:13). Eventually, he was converted and began to preach "the faith which once he destroyed" (Galatians 1:23). Yet, during all his years of fighting God's truth, he had already been separated unto God and called by His grace even before he was born, as our text reveals. His teachers in the synagogue, his studies under Gamaliel, and even his anti-Christian crusades were all being orchestrated by God to develop Paul into the unique person he would be, the great Christian whom God could use to write much of His own written Word. Paul's epistles were thus truly his epistles, derived from his own experience, research, study, reasoning, and concerns. At the same time, they came out as God's Word, inspired by the Holy Spirit, free from error and perfectly conveyed from God to man, because God had Himself ordained and planned all Paul's experiences and abilities and had implanted all these concerns in his heart.

And so it was with all the human writers of the Bible. God's Word (like Christ Himself) is both human and divine, yet meeting all our needs. This is mysterious indeed, but well within the capabilities of our omnipotent and gracious Creator.
--ICR/HMM
["I will be found by you, saith the Lord, if you seek me with all your heart."]

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Are You Religious Enough For Heaven? [Re: Abigail] #69244
11/28/12 11:52 AM
11/28/12 11:52 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--ARE YOU RELIGIOUS ENOUGH FOR HEAVEN?

"For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin. But now the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, although the Law and the Prophets bear witness to it—the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe."
---Romans 3:20-22
cross

Every now and then I’m asked, “Are you one of those narrow-minded Baptists that think you’re the only ones going to heaven?” I love that question because I get to respond, “I’m actually more narrow-minded than that. I think there’s a lot of Baptists that aren’t going to get there!”

You can be a Baptist, a Methodist, a Catholic, a Presbyterian, or a pedestrian and still not know Jesus Christ. You can do all the right things: Practice your religion and go to church. But just calling yourself a Christian is not what makes you saved.

Do you know Jesus Christ? Is He real in your hearts? Or, does your confession of faith amount to “I’m a Jew!”, “I’m a Baptist!”, or “I’m a Christian!” It’s the difference between profession and possession of Jesus Christ.

Let me be very honest with you: You’re not good enough, not talented enough, not religious enough, and not pure enough to stand before a holy God on judgment day. Your most righteous acts are filthy rags in His sight (Isaiah 64:6). The only way you’ll ever inherit eternal life is to clothe yourself in the righteousness of Christ.

-Don’t trust yourself. Trust JESUS.
-YOU’RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO MAKE IT TO HEAVEN—AND YOU NEVER WILL BE. PUT ON THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF CHRIST AND TRUST HIM AS THE ONLY WAY TO ETERNAL LIFE.

Re: -God Does What Is Best /...WARNING LABELS [Re: Abigail] #69245
11/28/12 03:44 PM
11/28/12 03:44 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-WARNING
LABELS ~~

-Proverbs 6:16-22
---
Reproofs of
instruction are the
way of life.
--Proverbs 6:23

---
Warning labels are everywhere today--from new appliances to toys. Even medications include pages of small print about all that could possibly go wrong.

God's Word is filled with warning labels, alerting us to things that are harmful to our spiritual health. When we read, "These six things the LORD hates, yes, seven are an abomination to Him" (Prov. 6:16), it grabs our attention like a flashing warning signal. The list that follows (vv.17-19), warns against destructive tendencies like pride and dishonesty--sins that damage earthly relationships and grieve our heavenly Father. The text further states that "reproofs of instruction are the way of life" (v.23). In other words, God's warnings aren't meant to take the fun out of life, but rather to protect and preserve life.

I'll always remember as a child standing with my friend Bobby after church and watching him suddenly run toward the busy street. I heard his mother yell, "Stop!" It was a warning to protect him, not to hinder his freedom.

Too often we've ignored God's warnings to stop running in the wrong direction and suffered the consequences. Let's remember that there's freedom in heeding His warnings. They're for our good.
---
God's Word is full of loving warnings
to protect and preserve us. God talks to
us through His Word, the Bible. So let's
be sure to read what He has to say.

--ODB/JS

Re: -God Does What Is Best /...How to Have Your Every Need Met [Re: Abigail] #69579
12/28/12 11:55 AM
12/28/12 11:55 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
-How to Have Your Every Need Met in 2013!

"And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus."
---Philippians 4:19
bible

-There’s a certain feeling you get when you just know God is calling you or leading you to do something difficult. And perhaps you’re feeling just that way as you head into the New Year. Maybe it’s a challenge in your commitment to Christ or a challenge to better engage your family. But if you’re in the will of God, you’ll always have God’s provision because God’s will is never stopped because of lack of resources—only a lack of obedience.

There’s no recession in God’s resources. There’s no economic problem in the Kingdom of heaven. If we are in the will of God, we can always count on God’s provision. So why in the world would an apparent lack of resources keep us from moving forward where we truly believe God is leading us?

I don’t know what God’s will is for your life, but I do know three things about God’s will if you’re a believer in Christ: The will of God is good; the will of God is acceptable; and the will of God is perfect (Romans 12:2). So why not trust it if you believe that?

Maybe you’ve spent much of your life simply following your own will, but it hasn’t worked out the way you planned. Start following God’s will this New Year. When you do, you’ll discover deep joy and satisfaction as you see Him provide at every turn!

-FOLLOW GOD’S WILL IN YOUR LIFE AND HE’LL NEVER FAIL TO PROVIDE FOR YOU!
--Daily Word/JG

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Dealing With Anger Towards God [Re: Abigail] #69584
12/30/12 12:06 PM
12/30/12 12:06 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---DEALING WITH ANGER TOWARDS GOD ~~

--"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose." -(Romans 8:28) cross

-I vividly remember when my father was murdered back in 1970. It's almost like it was yesterday. And one thing I remember as well was when a few people came up to me and said, "Aren't you mad at God for allowing your dad to die like that?"

And I replied," I can't put the fault on God. Why should I blame Him for the fact that my father ran into evil in this world?"

So often, I meet Christians who blame God for their negative situations. I've known some believers who have said, "God has given up on me!" But in reality, it was a result of a poor decision they made themselves. And even if you are negatively impacted by no fault of your own, the fact is that evil exists and you and I live in a world filled with it!
Now, maybe you've felt that way in your own life. Things haven't gone the way you wanted, and you're stuck looking for someone to blame. And instead of admitting your own fault, it just seems easier to say, "God's running this show anyway, so it's really His fault."

But the truth is that God works everything out for the good of those who love Him. So even if evil befalls you, remember that if you are in Christ, God is working everything out for your good!

**In Christ, God works out everything for your good.
So instead of blaming God when you experience pain, remember that He is with you in every situation.
Jesus said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." TRUST HIM!**

--Daily Word/JG

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... TROUBLE [Re: Abigail] #69765
01/14/13 02:25 PM
01/14/13 02:25 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-TROUBLE

-John 16:25-33
----
In the world you will
have tribulation;
but be of good cheer,I
have overcome the
world.--John 16:33
angelwing
----
I was glad to see the final days of the year draw to a close. It had held so much sorrow, sickness, and sadness. I was ready to welcome January with its very own brass band!

But as the first month of the new year arrived, so did one bit of sad news after another. Several friends lost their parents. My dad's brother slipped away in his sleep. Friends discovered they had cancer. A collegue's brother and a friend's son both died tragically and abruptly. Rather than the sad times ceasing, the new year seemed to bring a whole new tsunami of sorrow.

John 16:33 tells us, "In the world you will have tribulation." Even God's children are not promised a life of ease, of prosperity, nor of good health. Yet we are never alone in our trouble. Isaiah 43:2 reminds us that when we pass through deep waters, God is with us. Although we don't always understand God's purposes in the trials we experience, we can trust His heart because we know Him.

Our God is a God of abundant love and neither death nor life...nor things present nor things to come [will ever] separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Rom 8:38-39). When trouble comes, His presence is His promise.
------
-FAITH IS BELIEVING THAT GOD IS PRESENT WHEN ALL WE HEAR IS SILENCE. ~~
--ODB/CHK

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #69803
01/18/13 01:10 PM
01/18/13 01:10 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-How Do You Listen to God's Word?
-Read | Matthew 13:1-9

-Though it contains essential information for every human life, people approach the Bible very differently. Today’s passage identifies four types of listeners:
-- crackthebook
• Closed mind. This does not exclusively describe unbelievers. Christians, too, can listen passively, without intending to apply what they hear. The seed can’t germinate because the soil’s surface is too hard. Such believers remain shallow until they decide to pay attention to God and obey.
• Clouded mind. Represented by rocky soil, the clouded mind will hear God’s Word and get excited. But then the person doesn’t take time to study, grow roots, and let the truth sink into his heart. With little doctrinal foundation or knowledge of God’s promises, he has difficulty withstanding the harshness of life.

• Cluttered mind. The worries of life are to the Christian heart what briers, thorns, and thickets are to a garden. A preoccupied mind has little or no room for God’s Word to sprout and thrive.

• Committed mind. God can do great things through someone whose mind is like fertile soil. The most intellectual person in the world, if not teachable, will miss the truth of the gospel, whereas even a young child who is willing to listen and learn will be transformed.

All of us would like to have the blessing described in today’s reading—a huge return for what is sown. For that to be true of our life, we need to take an honest look to see if we approach biblical principles with a teachable Spirit.
As Jesus said, “He who has ears, let him hear.”

--In Touch

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #69833
01/23/13 01:07 PM
01/23/13 01:07 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--The Desired Will of God
--Read | Jeremiah 29:11-13
(rec'd reading)

-Unlike God’s “determined will,” His “desired will” is resistible and conditional. We have a choice to do things our way or His. The Lord designs a specific plan utilizing a believer’s unique gifts and talents for the kingdom. He wants to share His desired will so that we can live successfully.

First, God wants us to follow the moral laws, like the Ten Commandments, which apply to everyone. Throughout Scripture, we find principles that can add joy and meaning to our lives, such as the instruction always to give thanks and put aside bitterness in favor of forgiveness.(1 Thess. 5:18; Eph. 4:31-32) cross

Following those basic principles lets us discover the second part of God’s desired will—His intentions for our personal life. One good example is vocation. Before our birth, God predestined us to have specific skills, talents, and spiritual gifts, which suit us for certain types of work. Our vocation may change, but with divine guidance, our work will consistently “fit” us.

Finally, God’s desired will is active in our daily life. What interests us interests Him, no matter how trivial. For example, we’ve all sent up desperate prayers when we couldn’t locate something we needed. Often we find the object within moments because a caring Father leads us right to it.

The Lord wants to work in our life, and He’ll send blessings if we follow Him. Remember, He’s a loving Father; what’s more, He is all-knowing and all-powerful—that is an unbeatable combination, no matter what comes against us. It is impossible to get less than the best when we do things His way.

--In Touch

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #69953
02/06/13 02:42 PM
02/06/13 02:42 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-NUMBERED
-DAYS ~~

-Psalm 90:7-17
----
Teach us to number
our days, that we
may gain a heart
of wisdom.
--Psalam 90:12
crackthebook
---
IN the aftermath of a devastating tornado, a man stood outside what was left of his home. Scattered somewhere among the rubble inside were his wife's jewelry and his own valuable collectibles. But the man had no intention of going inside the unstable house to search for them. "It's not worth dying for," he said.

In times of crisis, our sense of what is truly important in life often comes into clearer focus. In Psalm 90, "A Prayer of Moses," this man of God looks at life from beginning to end. In light of the brevity of life (vv.4-6) and the realization of God's righteous anger (vv.7-11), Moses makes a plea to God for understanding: "Teach us to number our days and recognize how few they are; help us to spend them as we should" (v.12 TLB).

Moses continues this psalm with an appeal to God's love: "Have compassion on Your servants. Oh, satisfy us early with Your mercy" (vv.13-14). He concludes with a prayer for the future: "Let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us, and establish the work of our hands for us (v.17).

Our numbered days and the brevity of life call us to embrace God's eternal love and, like Moses, to focus on the most important things.
----
-OUR NUMBERED DAYS POINT US TO GOD'S ETERNAL LOVE!~
--ODB/DM

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #70010
02/11/13 04:03 PM
02/11/13 04:03 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--The Pearl

'Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.'
--(Isaiah 55:1)
angelwing

-In the parable the pearl is not represented as a gift. The merchantman bought it at the price of all that he had. Many question the meaning of this, since Christ is represented in the Scriptures as a gift. He is a gift, but only to those who give themselves, soul, body, and spirit, to Him without reserve. We are to give ourselves to Christ, to live a life of willing obedience to all His requirements. All that we are, all the talents and capabilities we possess, are the Lord's, to be consecrated to His service. When we thus give ourselves wholly to Him, Christ, with all the treasures of heaven, gives Himself to us. We obtain the pearl of great price.

Salvation is a free gift, and yet it is to be bought and sold. In the market of which divine mercy has the management, the precious pearl is represented as being bought without money and without price. In this market all may obtain the goods of heaven. The treasury of the jewels of truth is open to all. "Behold, I have set before thee an open door," the Lord declares, "and no man can shut it."

No sword guards the way through this door. Voices from within and at the door say, 'Come.' The Saviour's voice earnestly and lovingly invites us: "I counsel thee to buy of Me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich." Rev. 3:8, 18.
-----

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... THREE IN ONE= TRINITY. [Re: Abigail] #70356
03/14/13 09:16 AM
03/14/13 09:16 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
--THREE IN ONE = TRINITY

--Have you ever wondered....

****About the Trinity?

****How to relate to the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit?

---READ: Mark 1:10, 11; Matthew 28:19

-IN TWO thousand years, the biblical scholars have yet to explain the Trinity in fewer that five hundred words. The Trinity is one of those beautiful divine mysteries that we'll never fully understand--not until we stand in heaven and share God's wisdom. We can accept that God doesn't intend for us to understand everything in life. We can be satisfied that God understands, and He has revealed as much as our limited minds can contain.

These verses from Matthew and Mark shed some light on the Trinity. It's astounding to imagine a God who is everywhere all the time, and yet was also crucified on one Cross thousands of years ago. This God is not a cold spirit, watching from atop a cloud, He is with you--right here, right now.

"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all."
-- bible 2 Corinthians 13:14

"All the splendor of heaven revealed in a human body. For a period ever so brief, the doors to the throne room were open and God came near. His majesty was seen. Heaven touched the earth and, as a result, earth can know heaven. In astonunding tandem a human body housed divinity. Holiness and earthliness intertwined."

--By: Max Lucado~~
["Faith is the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things not seen. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. Without faith it is impossible to please God."]

------

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... THREE IN ONE= TRINITY. [Re: Abigail] #70357
03/14/13 09:24 AM
03/14/13 09:24 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--In the Beginning--God!

--BIBLE MEDITATION:
-"In the beginning God...." Genesis 1:1

-DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
The Bible begins with this statement. The fact of God is not argued here. Neither is the nature and being of God explained. He is just presented. "In the beginning God...." No philosophy presented, no argument made, no apology offered, and no explanation given; just, "In the beginning God...."

The Bible writers never tried to prove God. They presented God. They never tried to explain the existence of God. Nor should you. Don't let this shock you, but there are no proofs for God. The finite can never prove the infinite. To try to prove God by looking through physical or material things would be like tearing a piano apart trying to find "The Hallelujah Chorus." The first four words of the written Word of God say all we need to know: In the beginning--God!

-ACTION POINT:You will never really comprehend anything else in the Bible unless you understand Genesis 1:1. This is foundational truth. It is functional truth. You must believe it. You see, the key to the rest of the Bible is hung right here by the front door.
"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth."

--Adrian Rogers

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #71032
05/17/13 12:27 PM
05/17/13 12:27 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--IS SUFFERING DUE TO GOD'S PUNISHMENT FOR SIN?
--By: Anne Graham Lotz

~~The Bible clearly teaches that God's punishment for the guilt of sin is not suffering, but death.
Sin is so serious in God's sight that even one sin calls for the death of the sinner. There is no amount of suffering that can obtain for us forgiveness of sin and rid us of guilt in God's sight. But Jesus stepped in and took God's punishment for our sins at the Cross. When we claim His death for our sins, we are absolved of guilt. cross~~

-1John 1:9 = "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #71033
05/17/13 01:09 PM
05/17/13 01:09 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-God's Opportunity

**What physical, social, emotional, intellectual, or mental limitation do you have?
Instead of blaming it on your doctor or parent or spouse or sibling or teacher or neighbor or boss or pastor or child...instead of seeing your handicap as someone's fault or even as an accident, consider that it might be an opportunity for God to display Himself through your life to others.

Paul said, "I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong" (2 Corinthians 12:9-10 NIV). angelwing

***GOD'S GRACE AND POWER SEEM TO REACH
THEIR PEAK WHEN WE ARE AT OUR WEAKEST POINT. ***

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #71149
05/29/13 11:48 AM
05/29/13 11:48 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--PLAY IN PAIN~

-Lamentations 3:1-3,
25-33

---
Though He causes
grief, yet He will
show compassion.
--Lamentations 3:32
- angelwing
---
BASEBALL Hall-of Fame catcher Gary Carter was a follower of Jesus. During his 19-year career, he drew strength from his faith in God to compete day after day. In an article that appeared in the Wall Street Journal shortly after Carter died of brain cancer at age 57, writer Andrew Klavan told how Carter had influenced his life.

In the late 1980s, Klavan had sunk to a low point in his life. His mind dwelt on suicide. Then he heard Carter interviewed after a game. His team, the New York Mets, had won, and the aging catcher had helped by running hard at a critical point in the game.

Carter was asked how he could do that with his aching knees. Klavan heard him say something like this: "Sometimes you just have to play in pain." That simple statement helped draw Klavan out of his depression. "I can do that!" he declared. Encouraged, he found hope--and later became a believer in Christ.

The comforting truth behind Carter's statement comes from Lamentations. We may face sorrow, pain, and hardship, but we don't have to sink into self-pity. The same God who allows our suffering also showers us with His compassion (Lam. 3:32). With God's love lifting us up, we can--if we have to --"play" in pain.
----
-God will either spare you from suffering or give you the grace to bear it.
--ODB/DE

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #71163
05/30/13 10:04 AM
05/30/13 10:04 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--Having Full Confidence in God's Word

"All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work." (2 Timothy 3:16-17)- crackthebook

MANY people today love to question the Bible's authenticity. But really, there are only three possibilities when you consider Jesus Christ and His belief in the Bible.

One possibility is that errors existed in the Bible and Jesus didn't know it...that He was a man of His times and just didn't have the scientific and theological knowledge of our scholars today. Of course, if you choose that possibility, you're faced with the fact that Jesus Christ--who is God--had no knowledge of the errors that supposedly were contained in the Scriptures. How can God not know His own Word?

The second possibility is that there were errors in the Bible and Jesus knew about the errors, but said nothing about it and covered it up. But if you accept that explanation, you're dealing with the issue of the truthfulness and the integrity of Jesus Himself, which I don't think is a good road to travel!

The third option is that the Bible is inerrant. When you look at these three options, that's really the only one that makes sense. So as you read the Scriptures, remember that you can have full confidence in the authority of the Word of God!

-As you read the Scriptures, remember that Jesus recognized the Bible's authority and because of that, you can have full confidence in it! ~~
--Jack Graham

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #71253
06/07/13 02:52 PM
06/07/13 02:52 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--I L-O-V-E....

-Romans 6:1-11
---
Now if we died with
Christ, we believe
that we shall also
live with Him.
---Romans 6:8
- angelwing
---
-MY husband and I were at a public swimming pool when the people around us started staring into the sky. A small private plane was emitting smoke in the form of letters. As we watched, the pilot spelled out the letters: "I L-O-V-E." People began speculating: Maybe it was to be a marriage proposal. Perhaps a man is standing on a balcony with his girlfriend and will soon pop the 'Will-you-marry-me?' question.

We kept gazing upward: "I L-O-V-E Y-O-U J-E-..." I heard young girls guessing: "I bet it will be Jen or maybe Jessica." He kept spelling. No. It was: "J-E-S-U-S." The pilot was declaring love for Jesus for many people to see.

A friend of mine often ends his prayers with "I love you, Lord." He says, "I can't help but say 'I love You' after all He's done for me." In Romans 6:1-11, our Bible text for today, the apostle Paul tells us some of what Jesus has done for us that deserves our love: He was crucified, buried, and raised to life. Because of that, those of us who have put our faith in Jesus now have a new life (v.4), we no longer have to be controlled by sin or fear of death (vv.6,9), and one day we too will be resurrected to live with Him forever (v.8).

-No wonder we say, "I love You, Jesus!"
----
-To show His love, Jesus died for us;
to show our love, we live for Him.~

--ODB/AC

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #71323
06/14/13 02:02 PM
06/14/13 02:02 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--The Time is Short
-1 John 2:1-17

"What I mean, brothers, is that the time is short...for this world in its present form is passing away." (1 Corinthians 7:29A,31B) ~

Deferred gratification is not an easy lesson, especially for children. When eyeing a cheap trinket, the prudence of saving their allowance so they can buy something better in the future is a hard sell. At that age, time moves so slowly it seems like the future will never come; a month might as well be a decade.

Certainly as adults our sense of time is more developed. Yet when it comes to matters of eternity, we are still very much like children in our comprehension, aren't we? We overvalue earthly concerns like career and marital status, because we cannot perceive how quickly they will pass away. At the same time we undervalue the things which will endure into eternity.

What does it look like to be driven by kingdom priorities? For that we look to Jesus "who, for the joy set before him endured the Cross." With the same joy before us, we fix our eyes on Jesus and obey Him. Content with the life He has given us, we love others sacrificially, make disciples and, in doing so, invest in eternity.
---
True contentment requires eternal perspective. We must be convinced that what God has in store for us far surpasses all this world has to offer. ~~
--Haven Mins.

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #71337
06/16/13 09:22 AM
06/16/13 09:22 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

THE LIFE WE'D
LIKE TO SEE

-Luke 6:27-36
----
-Just as you want men
to do to you, you also
do to them likewise.
--Luke 6:31

---
The annual Texas Book Festival in Austin draws thousands of people who enjoy browsing for books, attending discussions led by accalimed authors, and gleaning advice from professional writers. At one such festival, an author of young adult fiction told aspiring writers, "Write the book that you want to find on the shelf." That's a powerful recommendation for writing and for living. What if we decided to live the way we want everyone else to live?

In Luke 6:27-36, Jesus urged His followers to pursue a lifestyle and demonstrates God's mercy to all: "Love your enemies. Do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you" (vv.27-28).
He also said that generosity and a lack of retaliation should characterize our reaction to unreasonable treatment (vv.29-30). Jesus concluded, "Just as you want men to do to you, you also do to them likewise" (v.31).

Impossible? Yes, if we rely on our own strength and resolve. The strength comes from the Spirit. And the resolve comes from remembering how God has treated us: "He is kind to the unthankful and evil. Therefore be merciful, just as your Father also is merciful" (vv.35-36).
That's a life we all long to see.

All the way my Savior leads me--
What have I to ask beside?
Can I doubt His tender mercy,
Who through life has been my Guide?

---
-CHRISTIANITY IS NOT JUST CHRIST IN YOU, BUT CHRIST LIVING HIS LIFE THROUGH YOU. ~

--ODB/DM

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #71338
06/16/13 09:36 AM
06/16/13 09:36 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--CREATING
YOUR LIFE ~

-Mark 10:35-45
---
Whoever of you
desires to be first
shall be slave of all.
---Mark 10:44

---
THE advice that I read in a self-help book sounded good: Do only what you're great at because that's when you'll feel most fulfilled. The author was trying to help readers create the kind of life they wanted. I don't know about you, but if I did only what I was great at, I wouldn't accomplish much!

In Mark 10, we read about two disciples, James and John, who had some plans for the kind of life they wanted for themselves someday. They asked to be at Jesus' right and left hand in His Kingdom (v.37). The other 10 disciples were "greatly displeased" with them for asking (v.41). (Possibly because that was the kind of position they wanted for themselves!)

But Jesus used the opportunity to teach His followers about another kind of life--one of serving others. He said, "Whoever desires to become great among you shall be your servant. And whoever of you desires to be first shall be slave of all" (vv.43-44). It appears that service for others is God's design for us.

Even Jesus, the Son of God, "Did not come to be served, but to serve" (v.45). As we look at Christ's example and depend on the Holy Spirit's help, we too can be servants and will create a fulfilling life.
---
GREAT OCCASIONS FOR SERVING GOD COME SELDOM,
BUT LITTLE ONES SURROUND US DAILY. LET'S KEEP
OUR EYES OPEN FOR THOSE WE CAN HELP. JUST LIKE JESUS.

---
--ODB/AC

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #71375
06/20/13 10:06 AM
06/20/13 10:06 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---He Leads- (The Lord Is My Shepherd)
--Psalm 23
- bible

-Worrying is one job you can’t farm out, but you can overcome it. There’s no better place to begin than in Psalm 23:2. “He leads me beside the still waters,” David declares. “He leads me.” God isn’t behind me, yelling, “Go!” He’s ahead of me bidding, “Come!” He’s in front, clearing the path, cutting the brush. Standing next to the rocks, He warns, “Watch your step there.”

Isn’t this what God gave the children of Israel? He promised to supply them with manna each day. But He told them to collect only one day’s supply at a time.
Matthew 6:34 says, “Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don’t get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.”

God is leading you! Leave tomorrow’s problems until tomorrow!

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #71396
06/21/13 11:12 AM
06/21/13 11:12 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--One Step is Enough

----Arthur Hays Sulzberger was the publisher of the New York Times during the Second World War. Because of all the world conflict, he found it almost impossible to sleep. He was never able to set aside worries from his mind—until he adopted as his motto these five words, “one step enough for me.” He took it from the old hymn, “Lead Kindly Light.”

-Lead, kindly light. . .
Keep Thou my feet; I do not ask to see
The distant scene; one step enough for me.

God isn’t going to let you see the distant scene either. So you might as well quit looking for it. God does promise a lamp for our feet, not a crystal ball into the future. We don’t need to know what will happen tomorrow.

We only need to know that Hebrews 4:16 promises “we will find grace to help us when we need it.”

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #71468
06/26/13 01:53 PM
06/26/13 01:53 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--How to Bring Your Enemies to Christ ~

"Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
---Romans 12:19-21
grouppray

There was a young U.S. Marine recruit who was a faithful believer in Christ, prayed often, and lived his life for the Lord. But because of his strong faith, some of the others in his barracks resented him and mocked his beliefs.

So one day after a particularly hard day of marching in the mud, the men returned to their bunks exhausted. After the lights went out, this young recruit knelt down by his bed and began to pray quietly, just as he had always done. Another recruit was tired of this routine. So he picked up his muddy boot, and threw it at the praying Marine, and hit him right in the head.

A few other soldiers chuckled a bit, but the young believer simply set the boot aside and finished his prayer. The next morning, when the fellow who had thrown the boot woke up, he noticed his boots had been neatly placed at the end of his bunk… cleaned and shined like new. And through that act, that young soldier who threw the boot eventually placed his faith in Jesus.

Loving others isn’t complicated. It’s simply going above and beyond, by the power of the Spirit, in treating others how you’d like to be treated, no matter how they treat you. So instead of seeking to get even with those who do you wrong, repay them with good and watch the Lord draw them to Himself!

INSTEAD OF TRYING TO VINDICATE YOURSELF, BRING YOUR ENEMIES TO CHRIST BY DOING GOOD TO THEM!

--Jack Graham

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #71910
08/06/13 11:07 AM
08/06/13 11:07 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--How Will the Present Earth Pass Away?
--By: John D. Morris, Ph.D. *

First, let's review some facts of physics. We have discovered that atoms themselves are held together by mysterious forces. These forces keep each atomic nucleus, which contains particles of like electrical charge, from flying apart. They also keep the electrons in proximity to the nucleus, allowing atoms to bond to form more complex molecules, including all organic compounds which make up every cell in every living thing. These forces can be manipulated by man, in some cases with the release of great energy, but their ultimate nature is not understood, and they cannot be replaced by something of our own creation.

The facts are quite compatible with the truth of Scripture, bible that Christ "uphold[s] all things by the word of His power" (Hebrews 1:3), and that "by Him all things consist" (Colossians 1:17).

Let's also remember that "the ground," probably including even the physical elements (Genesis 3:17), was cursed because of Adam's sin. Many of the atoms today spontaneously decay into smaller, less complex atoms, giving off harmful radiation. The earth's surface substantially consists of sedimentary rock deposited by moving Flood waters, full of the remains of dead organisms which died horrible deaths in that flood. Other rocks were melted by unimaginable heat and later cooled into our present igneous and metamorphic deposits. Everywhere we see remnants of bent and broken rock. Our planet has experienced past violence not encountered by modern man.

Surely, one of the primary purposes of the coming renovation of the heavens and the earth will be to replace it with a "new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness" (II Peter 3:13). Neither heavens nor earth will fully be "un-created," for both were created to last forever (Psalm 148:5-6).

Evidently, the raw materials which comprise the present atoms will be transformed into something recognizably similar, but different. The atoms will disintegrate and their matter will be reshaped into our permanent home, free from any memory or evidence of sin.

We will dwell there forever, horray enjoying the unbroken fellowship of our great Creator/Savior Jesus Christ.

*Dr. John D. Morris is President of the Institute for Creation Research.

Cite this article: <www.icr.org> How Will the Present Earth Pass Away?
by John D. Morris, Ph.D. *

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #72001
08/20/13 12:18 PM
08/20/13 12:18 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--GOD HAD
OTHER PLANS ~~

-1 Peter 1:1-9
----
A man's heart plans
his way, but the LORD
directs his steps.
---Proverbs 16:9

-------
MY friend Linda grew up planning to become a medical missionary. She loves the Lord and wanted to serve Him as a doctor by taking the Gospel to sick people in parts of the world where medical care is hard to find. But God had other plans. Linda has indeed become a medical missionary, but not the way she expected.

At age 14, Linda developed a chronic health problem that required her to be hospitalized for major surgery several times a year. She survived bacterial meningitis that left her in a coma for 2 weeks and blind for 6 months. She once celebrated two birthdays in a row in the hospital--without going home in between. She has had several experiences, when she was not expected to live. But yet Linda is the most vibrant, grateful, and cheerful person you will ever meet. She once told me that her mission field, as she hoped and planned, is the hospital. But instead of serving God as a doctor, she serves Him as a patient. No matter how sick she is, the light of the Lord radiates from her.

Linda exemplifies the teaching of the apostle Peter. Despite her trials, she rejoices, and the genuineness of her faith brings "praise, honor, and glory" to Jesus Christ (1 Peter 1:6-7).
-------
-WRITE YOU PLANS IN PENCIL AND REMEMBER THAT GOD HAS THE ERASER. ~~~

--ODB/JAL
--Amazing Grace---
<http://youtu.be/Y-4NFvI5U9wv>
------

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #72002
08/20/13 03:27 PM
08/20/13 03:27 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---TIME FOR A CHANGE~~

--Genesis 12:1-8
---
There he built an
altar to the LORD
and called on the
name of the Lord.
---Genesis 12:8
- crackthebook
----
Many believers long to spend daily time with God, praying and reading His Word, Ironically, they are often distracted by a busy schedule. Frustrations mount as busyness seems to crowd out an opening in their schedule.

Oswald Chambers has wisely commented on the transforming power of even 5 minutes in the presence of the Lord. Indeed, even a short time spent in intercession and the Word still has great value: "It is not the thing on which we spend the most time that moulds us, but the thing that exerts the greatest power. Five minutes with God and His Word is worth more than all the rest of the day." ~~~
----
--- TALK WITH GOD--HE WANTS TO HEAR YOUR HEART.

--ODB/DF

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #73563
01/28/14 12:31 PM
01/28/14 12:31 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--God will not Let You Down~
--Psalm 69:1-18

"May those who hope in you not be disgraced because of me, O Lord, the Lord Almighty; may those who seek you not be put to shame because of me, O God of Israel." (Psalm 69:6)

IF you put your faith in God, He will never let you down. It's hard to believe that there is something in this world that could be 'that' trustworthy, isn't it? Just trust in Him and let Him lead your life in a righteous way. When God directs your life, things will always start to change for the better. Even the negative events in your life will be used by Him for your good and His glory. Walk with Him every day. Talk with Him. Praise God and He will lift you up. You can live in hope when you pray. Pray that God's will would be done in your life.

Wouldn't it be nice if the whole world believed in the One true God? Can you imagine an entire world of people living in hope and joy? As Christians we can celebrate the future joy that is promised to us. Why should we worry?

Why should we doubt God when He has promised to honor those who honor Him? Don't be ashamed of the Lord. He will never let you down. You will never be put too shame. And God Himself, astoundingly, is not ashamed to call you His own!

--Anchor Devotional/CW -/ POUR MY LOVE ON YOU - By:Phillips Craig and Dean
<http://youtu.be/j5fJgKyeS1c>
-----------

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #73689
02/13/14 04:19 PM
02/13/14 04:19 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
--Is Anything truly an Accident?

---Our God is in the heavens;
--He does all that he pleases. (Psalm 115:3)

I heard about a man who, after several years of marriage, came to his pastor and said, “Pastor, I’ve got a problem I need to talk to you about.” He said, “We got married, moved to Singletree, Arkansas, and prayed that God would give us a baby. So He did.”

“Then we moved to Twin Falls, Idaho. We prayed again for a child. But this time, God gave us twins.” He said, “Then we moved again to Three Rivers, Pennsylvania. And you guessed it, Pastor… we got triplets!”

And the pastor said, “Well, that sounds very wonderful, son. So what’s your problem?”

“Well,” the man said. sweats “I just got word we’re being transferred to Thousand Oaks, California!”

The things that may seem like accidents to us are all part of God’s perfect plan. And as the great preacher Charles Spurgeon used to say, “God is too good to be unkind and too wise to make a mistake. And when you can’t trace His hand, you can always trust His heart.”

God is committed to bringing glory to Himself and good to your life by making you more like Jesus. And He does that by what we call providence. God is never taken by surprise, and always works things out for your good and His glory. Trust Him!

TRUST GOD’S PROVIDENCE IN THE “ACCIDENTS” OF LIFE, KNOWING HE’LL WORK IT ALL OUT FOR YOUR GOOD!
--PP/JG -/ Let More Words Be Few/ Matt Redman
<http://youtu.be/CqIA_l2ypkE>
-------------

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #74085
03/20/14 12:54 PM
03/20/14 12:54 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---Whatever He Says, Do It!

-“His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever He saith unto you, do it.” - John 2:5

We must obey whether we can understand or not. When Jesus was at the wedding in Cana, the servants had no way of knowing what Jesus was going to do.. It might have seemed silly to them to fill pots with water. But Jesus’ mother gave them some very wise advice that we would do well to heed: “Whatsoever He saith unto you, do it.”

It wasn’t a matter of whether they understood it or not, just that He told them to do it. The same Jesus who turned water into wine can transform your home, can transform your life, can transform your family, can transform your future. That same Jesus is still in the miracle working business. His business is the business of transformation.

star Someone has well said that nature forms us, sin deforms us, the penitentiary reforms us, education informs us, the world conforms us, but only Jesus transforms us.

A lot of times your mind is going to say, “Well, that’s old fashioned,” or “That doesn’t make sense.” Never come to the Bible that way. Never parade the Bible across the judgment bar of your reason. Whatever He says to you, do it.

--Adrian Rogers

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #74086
03/20/14 01:58 PM
03/20/14 01:58 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---Seeking Guidance
----Psalms 25:4-5

"Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." (NIV)

When you're facing a decision, whether big or small, it is important to wait upon God for His direction and timing. And though it may sound paradoxical, there are three ways that we can take an active role in the process while we wait.

-First, we should examine our heart, asking the Holy Spirit to expose any wrongs. If He brings something to light, it is important to take care of that sin immediately--by confessing, repenting, and doing whatever's needed to correct the situation. At times we push this task aside because the impending decision seems like our main concern. Yet we cannot hear from God or receive His full blessing until we deal with transgression.

-Second, when seeking direction, we should listen patiently and attentively for the Lord to give the go-ahead. It can be difficult to wait, especially when emotions or logic lead us to favor one choice.

-Third, the answer to our prayer at times requires our involvement. For instance, when people tell me they're out of work and trusting God to provide, I always want to know if they are actively looking for a job. Some are not; they are simply praying. We have responsibility not only to present God with requests and seek His guidance but also to be active in the process. Waiting on God is not an excuse to be lazy.

Prayer is a beautiful privilege that the heavenly Father gives to His children. He desires to lead us into a life of abundance. We should take an active part in seeking His will and listening for His voice. As we follow the Holy Spirit's guidance, we will experience all that the Lord has for us.~~

--IN TOUCH - / GIVE ME JESUS/ JEREMY CAMP
<http://youtu.be/wS4JQi4dgvg>
-----------

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #74088
03/20/14 06:27 PM
03/20/14 06:27 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---Pray, Oh Pray~~

“Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas . . . and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” (Acts 16:29-30)

The well-known account of the Philippian jailer is mentioned in the hymn “Brethren, We Have Met to Worship.” Paul and Silas were wrongly imprisoned for the gospel’s sake, yet they “prayed, and sang praises unto God” (Acts 16:25). God answered their prayer, and the jailer turned to them for rescue. This was the start of ministry on the European continent.

Is there here a trembling jailer,
Seeking grace, and filled with tears?
Is there here a weeping Mary,
Pouring forth a flood of tears?
Brethren, join your cries to help them;
Sisters, let your prayers abound;
Pray, Oh pray that holy manna
May be scattered all around.

The “weeping Mary” is either the mourning sister of Lazarus (John 11) or Mary Magdalene, who met her risen Lord outside the tomb (John 20:11-15). All the tears were very real. Heartache and tears should drive us to prayer, to the One who can answer, fill, and heal.

We are told that if we pray “according to his will, he heareth us: And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him” (1 John 5:15). But even if we don’t know His will in a particular situation, we can still pray, for “the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered” (Romans 8:26).

So, brothers and sisters, pray.
--ICR/JDM-- horray
<http://youtu.be/unGEf6RUPPI>
-------------

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #74242
04/04/14 06:04 PM
04/04/14 06:04 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---When We Suffer
--Read | John 16:33 (Rec'd Reading)

-"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
Scripture teaches a number of practical lessons about suffering. First, it’s okay to ask for a different road, as Jesus did, but we should choose God’s will above all. Our best response to adversity is, “God, what do You want me to learn?”

-Second, on the night He was betrayed, Jesus asked close friends to stay awake and pray. We need support and godly relationships, especially during trials. Genuine friends will speak truth kindly and encourage us in Christ. They will also faithfully lift us up in prayer.

-Third, it’s natural to struggle with prayer when pain is intense. During those times, a simple “Help me,” is sufficient. God wants us to acknowledge His Lordship, but He does not expect us to have perfect words. He knows what we need before we ask, and He is able to give us far more than that.

-Fourth, we should resist the temptation to blame. Jesus was betrayed and rejected, yet He asked God to forgive those who crucified Him. Likewise, we shouldn’t blame others for our hurt. By turning to God during tough times, we’re choosing to trust His ultimate authority. Our Father may not have caused the hardship, but He allowed it. And He will use it for His glory and our good.

The key to suffering is remembering that God is in control and always with His children. In love, He allows pain, but He also places a limit on its length and intensity. You do not hurt apart from the presence of Him who will sustain, help, and eventually bring you through your distress.
--IN TOUCH= / Through It All = By: Selah
<http://youtu.be/zsN0TNyz-5A>
----------

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #74685
05/28/14 11:31 AM
05/28/14 11:31 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--God Is Always In Control
--Isaiah 45:5-7

-I admit that I often don’t understand why bad things happen. Even so, I believe that God has a purpose for everything He does or permits. My faith is rooted in the biblical principle that says the Lord is sovereign (Ps. 22:28). He is in absolute control of this universe, the natural and political climate of this earth, and my life and yours.

When we are in the midst of a trial, it is hard to resist crying out, “God, Why is this happening?” Sometimes we get the answer and sometimes we don’t. What we can be sure of is that nothing happens by accident or coincidence. He has a purpose for even our most painful experiences. Moreover, we have His promise to “cause all things to work together for good to those who love God” (Rom. 8:28).

Seeing in advance how the Lord will work evil or hurt for our benefit is very difficult, if not impossible. My limited human perspective doesn’t allow me to grasp His greater plan. However, I can confirm the truth of this biblical promise because the Father’s good handiwork appears all through my pain, hardship, and loss. I have experienced Him turn mourning into gladness and have seen Him reap bountiful blessings and benefits from my darkest hours.

As believers, we must accept that God won’t always make sense to us. Isaiah teaches that His ways and thoughts are higher than our own (Isa. 55:9). He sees the beautifully completed big picture. We can rely on the fact that God is in control, no matter how wildly off-kilter our world seems to spin.

--IN TOUCH / YOU ARE 'I AM'/ By: MercyMe
<http://youtu.be/uZ9shETvw0Y>
------------

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #74824
06/17/14 09:30 AM
06/17/14 09:30 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--What Jesus Can Do With Your Darkest Sins~~

'But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.'
--1 John 1:7

I remember when I was young how much fun I used to have with the kids in my neighborhood. One thing we loved to do was to find a big rock, turn it over, and watch as all those foul creatures scurried away. When exposed to the light, those nasty bugs ran as fast as they could!

As I think back on that, I see a clear picture of our lives. Many people’s lives are a field of rocks – secret, dark places where they’ve allowed the enemy and his minions to fester and thrive. And the only way to make the enemy flee is to let the light of Jesus shine in those dark places!

Now, you may be thinking, “Pastor, those rocks are so big and those sins are so dark. Can Jesus really turn them over and shine His light?” And the answer is yes. All we have to do is open every area of our lives to Him and let Him do His cleansing work there. It may not be easy to do, but God is greater than any of your sins.

So whatever deep, dark sin you’ve been hiding, let Jesus shine there. He will renew your spirit, chase away the evil one, and transform you from the inside out. Turn over your rocks!

-LET JESUS’ LIGHT SHINE INTO YOUR DEEPEST SIN AND HE’LL RENEW YOUR SPIRIT AND OVERCOME THE EVIL ONE.

--PP/JG -/ MIGHTY TO SAVE= HILLSONG
<http://youtu.be/sR8rlTIU8_Y>
---------------

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #74847
06/19/14 08:29 AM
06/19/14 08:29 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--WALLS DON'T MATTER~~
--Daniel 5:1-28

-"You have been weighted on the scales and found wanting. Your kingdom is divided and given to the Medes and the Persians."
--(Daniel 5:27-28)

--Belshazzar, king of Babylon, was safe behind his walls. Or so he thought. The great wall of his city was so thick that chariots could drive on top of it. In addition, his palace was like a fortress, protected by its own walls and gates. Belshazzar did whatever he pleased behind his many walls. But when he became arrogant toward God, God taught him that walls don't matter.

During one of his excessive parties, the king called for the sacred gold and silver cups to be used, items which had been taken from the Lord's temple in Jerusalem. The debauched guests drank wine from them and praised their false gods of gold and silver. Immediately, a hand appeared, writing God's judgment on a wall...one of Belshazzar's walls! - eek

Outside the city, the army of the Medes and Persians had diverted the river that flowed under the outer wall and entered the city by way of the riverbed. The king lost his throne because, as Daniel told him, "You did not honor the God who holds in his hands your life and all your ways" (Daniel 5:23).
---
-Don't try building walls between yourself and God. They don't matter to the One who created matter in the first place. "Does not the God of all the earth do right?" YES!

--Anchor~~

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #74946
07/07/14 01:01 PM
07/07/14 01:01 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--AN OPEN HEART ~~
-2 Corinthians 10:1-11

-"By the meekness and gentleness of Christ, I appeal to you--I, Paul, who am 'timid' when face to face with you, but 'bold' when away!"
--2 Corinthians 10:1

--What a remarkable person the Apostle Paul was. As we read his letters, we find a man unafraid to stand boldly before others and declare Christ. Yet, within that boldness is a man of humility and gentleness, as evidenced here.

He had written to the Corinthian church addressing many issues they needed to deal with. But he reminded his readers and us of the reality of spiritual warfare--a battle of principles, philosophies and world views. In humility and total dependence upon God, there would be victory. Paul knew the world scorns the Gospel and sets up clever arguments against it. But God's people--humbled and gentle through His Spirit--could destroy such arguments. True knowledge of God comes only through faith and the "sword of the Spirit" (Ephesians 6:17), the Word of God.

Thus we should bring every thought captive to Christ, destroying strongholds. Spiritual warfare will be a part of life in this world. May God help us free others from the forces of darkness and bring them to faith in Christ.~~
----
-God will allow situations in our life beyond our ability to cope, teaching us to put total trust in Him.

--Anchor/ TAKE ALL OF ME~ HILLSONG
<http://youtu.be/5m9TTcMSfss>
---------

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #76497
11/28/14 11:32 AM
11/28/14 11:32 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---The Road of Discipleship
--Galatians 1:11-17

-After Paul's conversion, he disappeared into the desert for three years, during which time the Holy Spirit instructed him in the ways of God. He emerged, ready to communicate divine truth.

-The Lord speaks to believers so that they will comprehend the truth, conform to the truth, and communicate the truth. These same steps form a roadmap to discipleship. What happened during Paul's desert years was only the beginning of a life-long process—God renewed his mind and transformed him into the image of Christ. For the apostle, that change began with connecting his rich biblical knowledge to the revelation that Jesus Christ was the Son of God.

Paul knew Scripture thoroughly, but the truth that Jesus was the promised Messiah made him reconsider the foundation he'd been trusting. **Everything he knew about God had to be reevaluated in light of this new information. Paul had a history of wanting to please God, so the Holy Spirit no doubt found him a willing pupil.

The apostle's spirit had to be shaped according to the Father's will. And the Lord kept working on him long after Paul left the desert and began his ministry. Every person who reads his letters is a witness to the work of God in a submissive man.

The Lord's discipleship roadmap looks similar for every believer.. Like Paul, you are the Holy Spirit's student, and the knowledge you reap from Scripture should be changing your life. Be like the apostle in this way to become a disciple maker by sharing what you learn with others.
--IN TOUCH
-[TELL HIM! TELL JESUS YOU NEED HIM! YOU WANT HIM! JESUS IS THE ONLY NAME GIVEN AMONG MEN WHEREBY WE MUST BE SAVED. "CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD JESUS AND THOU SHALT BE SAVED!] horray
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPj_2L-uRpM#t=17>
-------------

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #80272
05/09/16 09:39 AM
05/09/16 09:39 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--JOSEPH: FORWARD BY FAITH
---(Please Read / Genesis 39)

--As believers, we’ll all falter occasionally in our faith. When that happens, how can we keep doubts to a minimum? The key is to remain focused on the Father so that we can move forward in His will for our life.

Consider the Old Testament hero Joseph, who trusted in God during all the harrowing events of his early years. Faith sustained him through betrayal, slavery, and imprisonment. Resting on his confidence in the heavenly Father, Joseph didn’t allow his circumstances, environment, or the opinions of others to divert him from acting according to the Lord’s will. Joseph believed that every situation of his life was by God’s design.

Most people react to trials by complaining that the situation is unfair and undeserved. They are so focused on the misfortune of their circumstances that they miss opportunities to serve God.

Joseph chose a different approach. This young man who’d been sold into slavery by his brothers decided to do his work with excellence. His duties in Potiphar’s house were probably menial, but he performed them as if working for God. This kind of commitment earned Joseph the attention and respect of his master, and the Hebrew slave was rewarded with greater responsibility. Genesis 39:23 says, “And whatever he did, the Lord made to prosper.”

As Joseph moved through one hardship after another, he stayed focused on the Lord, who had promised to raise him to a position of leadership (Gen. 37:10). He had a practical approach to the downward turn in his fortunes: He kept thinking about God and serving Him instead of dwelling on his trials.
--IN TOUCH~
Keep your eyes on the Author and Finisher of our Faith, the Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." Talk to Him throughout the day. Perhaps put on some Christian music and sing songs of Praise and Worship. 'The Lord inhabits the praises of His people.' JESUS LOVES YOU! His death on the Cross was payment for your, (and my) sin-debt.
You are loved with an everlasting love and underneath are His everlasting arms."~ You're Not Alone~ Jesus is With You!/ Meredith Andrews ~
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3tmfTQ1Zz0>

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #80277
05/10/16 09:50 AM
05/10/16 09:50 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--AT THE RIGHT MOMENT~~

-Satan tried to write his own story in which he was the hero and God was an afterthought. He admitted as much when he said, “I will ascend to the heavens…..I will make myself like the Most High” (Isaiah 14:13-14).

Satan wanted to take God’s place, but God wasn’t and is not moving. Satan wants to win you to his side, but God will never let you go. You have his word! Even more, you have his help! Scripture says, “For our high priest (Jesus) is able to understand our weaknesses…he was tempted in every way that we are, but he did not sin. Let us then, come before God’s throne where there is grace to help us when we need it” (Hebrews 4:15-16).

You don’t have to face Satan alone. We shout, and God runs—at the right moment, to our side.
-'More to Your Story'/ML

Jesus said, "Lo, I am with you always, even until the end of the age." 'Call on the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved.' Satan is a liar! Don't listen to him.

Make no mistake about it--we are in a battle. The minute we sided with Jesus, we gain ourselves an enemy who is bent on stopping the progress of the Gospel Message. Fortunately, we are on the winning side. Thankfully, persecution did not stop the Apostles. Don't let it stop you.
--------
-'The God of Angels Armies/ is always by our side' / Chris Tomlin ~~
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzB9I8p819M>
------

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #81264
11/14/16 11:36 AM
11/14/16 11:36 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---God Knows Your Needs/ Talk to Jesus Anytime~~
--(Please Read/ Matthew 6:7-8) bible

I remember once watching a mother and marveling at her mastery in handling several energetic young children. It was an amazing sight.
In the midst of a whirlwind of activity, this seasoned pro intuitively met the needs of her kids. A meal was served, spills were averted, noses were wiped, shoelaces were tied, hugs were distributed—all at the same time! Clearly, such a parent knows the needs of her family, even when the children cannot express them.

Sometimes it is difficult for us to think of ourselves as children. When we see little ones running around, always needing something from us, we cannot imagine that we often look and act the same way, only in grown-up bodies. Fortunately, we also have a Parent who already knows our needs. And yet we frequently act as though we must explain every detail of our problems to the Lord so He can get a more accurate view of how to provide for us..

Isn’t it strange? If you asked most Christians whether they thought God was all-knowing, they would respond, “Of course!” However, if you could listen in when they pray, you would probably often discover long, complicated explanations of why they need His help.

God does want you to talk with Him about what is on your heart. But at the same time, remember that “your Father knows what you need before you ask Him” (Matt. 6:8). Therefore, do not spend all of your prayer time repeating yourself or explaining everything in unnecessary detail to God. For a change, simply ask Him to speak to your listening heart. Remember, He’s already got the answer. Give Him the opportunity to share it with you.
--IN TOUCH~~--/I Give You Jesus= Janet Paschal~~
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBafHaBSkgo>

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #84598
09/07/18 01:01 PM
09/07/18 01:01 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---GOD, THE CREATOR IS ALWAYS RIGHT!

-"Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you." bible --(Ephesians 4:32)

--GRACIE'S FIRST FEW puppy forays on to the noisy, crowded, busy streets of Manhattan were fraught with anxiety. But then she found something that made it all okay: other dogs. She made friends with every dog she encountered.

Along came a rescued Greyhound named Morticia--a tall, stately, magnificent athlete of a dog with the sweetest eyes. She would stand stock-still while Gracie pranced in circles around her. "These racing dogs aren't treated very well," her owner explained. "They're kept mostly isolated."

Every time we saw Morticia, Gracie would greet her like an old friend while Morticia froze like a statue. Then one day Morticia wagged her long, thin tail just a little. A few encounters later she wagged it a lot. Next time she hopped, her front paws coming off the ground. Slowly but surely my gregarious Golden Retriever was drawing this poor abused dog out of her shell.

Now when Morticia sees Gracie coming down the street, she pulls her owner in our direction so she can play with her new friend. "Every morning when we come out the door she looks for Gracie," her owner says. "I never thought she would loosen up like this. She was so scared."

--What what about me? Am I always as friendly as I can be, like my Golden Retriever? Some people who might seem cold or standoffish or rude are really just scared or shy. It's up to me to reach out and try harder instead of writing them off or walking away. I should do as Jesus said, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." Yes, even gentle pets.

"Lord, it is so easy for me to simply tunnel through life, doing too little for those who are hurting and who need so much but don't know how to ask or approach.
Help me, Lord, to show love to all who come my way, especially the hurting and timid. "Be ye holy, even as I am holy." ~ JESUS +

-DAILY GUIDEPOSTS 2018/EG~~/ "Revelation Song" By: Kari Jobe~
<https://youtu.be/4TTBVyk618w>
----------------

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #84803
10/08/18 09:04 AM
10/08/18 09:04 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--[star This Post has many different parts of Biblical History. So we will continue for now. If the subject gets quite involved we will name it with another Title. Thank you for understanding.]

----THE TOWER OF BABEL/ SCATTERED ABROAD ~~

“So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city.” (Genesis 11:8)-- bible

---The verse above is a summary statement of God’s judgment at Babel, at which time God confused the languages of the people there and dispersed them throughout the earth. These original nations—all descended from Noah and his three sons—are listed in what is called the “Table of Nations” in Genesis 10. As time went on, the people proliferated into still more nations and languages and migrated still farther from Babel until finally, as the verse says, they were scattered “upon the face of all the earth.”

Christopher Columbus was a brave explorer and skilled navigator, as well as a diligent Bible student and convinced Christian. However, he did not “discover America,” as he is said to have done on October 12 in 1492. Neither did Leif Ericsson or any other adventurer whose name has been suggested for this honor.

starThe Indians discovered America! Archaeologists have found Indian artifacts at occupation sites dating well before the time of Christ at many places in America. And wherever these early tribes went, they carried with them the pantheistic religion taught to their ancestors at Babel by Nimrod there in that first great city after the Flood.

star Many centuries later, however, there was another great scattering with a much different purpose and motivation. “Therefore they that were scattered abroad went everywhere preaching the word” (Acts 8:4).

angelwing This time, it was not a false religion that was being carried with them but the saving Gospel of Christ who had commanded His followers, “Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature” (Mark 16:15), even “unto the uttermost part of the earth” (Acts 1:8).

--ICR/HMM

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #85540
01/09/19 11:46 AM
01/09/19 11:46 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--HE HOLDS OUR HAND~~

"I will strengthen you
and help you; I will
uphold you with my
righteous right hand."-- bible
--(ISAIAH 41:10)~~

--THE little girl who navigated the stairway one Sunday at church was cute, spunky, and independent. One by one the child--who appeared to be not much older than two years--took the steps down to the lower level. Descending the stairs was her mission and she accomplished it. I smiled to myself as I pondered the daring independence of this courageous toddler. The child wasn't afraid because she knew her caring mother's watchful eye was always on her and her loving hand was extended to help her.
This aptly pictures the Lord's readiness to help His children as they make their way through life with its varied uncertainties.

Today's Scripture includes two "hand" references. After cautioning His ancient people not to fear or be dismayed, the Lord told them, "I will uphold you with my righteous right hand" (text). Many anxious and fearful children have been steadied by the strength of a parent. Here God's power comes into view. In the second "hand" reference, once again it's the Lord who acted to secure the safety of his own. "For I am the LORD your God who takes hold of your right hand" (V. 13). While life situations and times have changed, the Lord hasn't. We need not despair (V.10) because the Lord still assures us with the promise of His support and with the words we desperately need to hear: "Do not fear" (VV.10,13).~~

"Father, thank You for always watching over me. I know Your Word is true and you have told us, "I will never leave you nor forsake you. You are Mine. I hold you the palm of My nail-pierced hand."
--ODB/AJ--"Open the Eyes of My Heart"/ OSLO Gospel (From Norway) <https://youtu.be/Qxz7047yuCQ>
-------

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #87542
04/29/19 10:32 AM
04/29/19 10:32 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--Always Give Glory to God, As Our Creator ~~

-"So neither the one
who plants nor the who
waters is anything, but
only God, who makes
things grow."
--(1Corinthians 3:7)-- crackthebook

--ONE DAY, I noticed an unexpected splash of yellow to the right of our driveway. Six stalks of daffodils, sandwiched between two large stones, bloomed bright and tall. Because I hadn't planted, fertilized, or intentionally watered the bulbs, I couldn't figure out how or why the flowers had sprouted in our yard.

Jesus illustrated a mystery of spiritual growth in the parable of the growing seed. He compares the kingdom of God to a farmer scattering seed on the ground (Mark 4:26). The one who scattered the seed may have done what he could to care for the soil. But Jesus said the seed sprouted whether or not that man slept in, woke up, or even understood the growth process (VV. 27-28). The land owner benefited from the harvest (V.29), though its development didn't depend on what he did or his understanding of the workings beneath the surface of the soil.

The maturing of the seeds in Jesus's parable, like the blooming of daffodils, occurred in God's time and because of God's growing power. Whether we're considering personal spiritual growth or God's plan to expand the church until Jesus returns, the Lord's mysterious ways aren't dependent on our abilities or understanding of His works. Still, God invites us to know, serve, and praise the Grower, reaping the benefits of the spiritual maturity He cultivates in and through us. ~~

"Our Lord, thank You for growing us spiritually and using us to serve your people, as You grow Your kingdom. Thank You, Lord, for Your love, grace, and mercy.~ In Jesus' Name. amen~"
--"Your Grace Still Amazes Me" / Phillips, Craig and Dean / --<https://youtu.be/BHNnKBIxfB4>
---------------

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #88320
07/03/19 09:33 AM
07/03/19 09:33 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--EVERY KNEE WILL BOW BEFORE HIM~~

--"For it is written,
"As I live, says the LORD, every
knee shall bow to Me, And every
tongue shall give praise to God."
--(Romans 14:11)

-"Then I acknowledged my sin
to you and did not cover up my
iniquity." --(Psalm 32:5)

--Our Sovereign One, the Lord Jesus Christ, always gives each person a chance to repent and call on Him to forgive them and accept Him as Lord and Savior. We all are sinners in need of Christ's forgiveness. Jesus died to pay our sin-debt. He never sinned.

--In (Isaiah 1:12-18) God confronts His people about wrongs they'd committed. Bribes and injustice were rampant in the courts, and orphans and widows were taken advantage of for material gain. Yet even then God responded mercifully, asking the people of Judah to confess what they'd done and turn from it: "Come now, let us settle the matter...Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow" (Isaiah 1:18).

God longs for us to be open with Him about our sins. He meets honesty and repentance with loving forgiveness: "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify (cleanse), us from all unrighteousness" (1 John 1:9). Because our God is merciful, new beginnings await!

"Abba Father, help me to turn away from the sin in my life
and make a new beginning with You today. Help me to never be ashamed of You and
to show others the way to follow in Your steps, in Christ's Name.~ Amen."

-------"The Lion and The Lamb" / Bib Daddy Weave--<https://youtu.be/8xeLgkpcpM0>
-----------

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #88718
08/06/19 08:27 AM
08/06/19 08:27 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---YOUR WORK IS IMPORTANT TO GOD~~

---God views your work worthy of its own engraved commandment. “You shall work six days, but on the seventh day you shall rest” (Exodus 34:21 NASB).

Whether you work at home or in the marketplace, your work matters to God. And your work matters to society. Cities need plumbers. Bones break. We need people to repair the first and set the last. Someone has to raise kids, raise cane, and manage the kids who raise cane.

So, whether you log on or lace up for the day, you imitate God. Jesus said, “My Father never stops working, and so I keep working, too” (John 5:17 NCV). Your career consumes half of your lifetime. Shouldn’t it broadcast God? Don’t those forty to sixty hours a week belong to him as well?

Our Creator sets the standard. We obey and all works out well. We disobey and suffer the consequences. Allow the Lord Jehovah Jireh to guide your life. Yes, He is the Lord our Provider. We should follow in His steps. "In all things give thanks for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." --(1 Thessalonians 5:18) ~

--'Cure For Common Life'/ ML~~

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #88850
08/16/19 08:55 AM
08/16/19 08:55 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--When we are doing what Jehovah G-D has intended for us, His 'Spiritual Gifts' Will be manifested~~

---We Will Have Clear Confidence ~~

~~~~~Clear Confidence

--"Such confidence as this is ours through Christ before God. Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God."
--(2 Corinthians 3:4-5 / NIV)-- bible

---Confidence comes from two things: information—when you know the truth—and experience—when you put it into practice. Church people are good at gaining information. We love to study, talk about what we’ve studied, and study some more. Studying about the things of God is a great habit, but we should not use time spent studying as an excuse to avoid the experiential part of our faith.

--Truth that is divorced from the realm of experience will always live in that hazy realm of doubt, so I would encourage you to part the curtains and look out into your neighborhood and the community around you. Find people who can benefit from your service in the name of Jesus, and put your faith to work for Him. I have no doubt that He will show you that the truth of the Gospel makes a difference in the lives of people. In this way, you will gain the confidence that your faith is real and effective.

THINK ABOUT IT
~~To gain experience, stand alongside others who have already gained a certain level of experience—whether it be in praying for the sick, ministering to the poor, or encouraging stronger families. They can be a great source of encouragement.

PRAYER
--"Heavenly Father, open my eyes to see my place of service in my community. Connect me with a need and with the people who can help me effectively serve to address it. Equip me to serve with the grace You will supply. In Jesus’ name, amen." ~~
Blessings,
Pastor Allen Jackson

~~~~~~~~~

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #89555
10/23/19 08:39 AM
10/23/19 08:39 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

----Bragging Rights / Boasting ~~

“Let him who boasts boast about this: that he understands and knows Me, that I am the LORD, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight,” declares the LORD.
---(Jeremiah 9:24 / NASB )-- bible

~~~Receiving the message of the Cross of Christ can be difficult in our culture. From our earliest days we are encouraged and rewarded for our accomplishments and achievements, and there is nothing wrong with that. But when an “achievement = reward” mindset takes root in our spiritual lives, the emphasis becomes more about us and what we think we can do for God than about Jesus and what we know He did for us.

-- Jesus sets the standard. His gift of salvation, the righteousness that He purchased with His blood on the Cross, is a gift. We cannot achieve it or earn it or purchase it. There is nothing about ourselves that is worthy of boasting over because our intelligence, beauty, and sparkling personalities do not matter at all. It seems too simple to be true, but it is. The greatest gift any human can ever receive is free for the asking for anyone who will come to Jesus in repentance and humbly serve Him as Lord and King.

THINK ABOUT IT
Choosing humility in an age that encourages boasting and self-promotion is a counter-cultural choice. Choose to stand apart, humbly acknowledging your need for what only Jesus can provide.

PRAYER
~~"Heavenly Father, I humbly admit my need, repent of my sin, and put my whole trust in Jesus’ blood and finished work on the cross. I rest in the free gift of salvation only Jesus can provide, and serve Him as my Lord and King. In His name I pray. Amen."

Blessings,
Pastor Allen Jackson

["Do not love the world nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world.
"The world is passing away, and also its lusts; but the one who does the will of God lives forever." --(1 John 2:15,16,17) --]

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #90387
12/23/19 12:35 PM
12/23/19 12:35 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---NOTHING ON EARTH SATISFIES ~~ ONLY JESUS SATISFIES ~~

--"We brought nothing into the world, so we can take nothing out.
But, if we have food and clothes, let us be content."
---(1 Timothy 6:7-8)

~~~Satisfied? That is one thing we are not. We are not satisfied.....

We take a vacation of a lifetime.... We satiate ourselves with sun, fun, and good food. But we are not even on the way home before we dread the end of the trip and begin planning another.

We are not satisfied. frown

As a child we say, "If only I were a teenager." As a teen we say, "If only I were an adult," As an adult, "If only I were married." As a spouse, "If only I had kids.".....

We are not satisfied. Contentment is a difficult virtue. Why?

Because there is nothing on earth that can satisfy our deepest longing. We long to see God. The leaves of life are rustling with the rumor that we will--and we won't be satisfied until we do. So, we must PRESS ON! Keep praying, "Even so, Come Lord Jesus." ~~

--'When God Whispers Your Name'/ML~~--[Some songs and videos have been deleted by the originator. We will keep trying.No words on video. Turn up your volume and be blessed! Yes, Kari Jobe is now Cody Carnes wife. smile ] I like "All He Says I Am" // Cody Carnes (feat. Kari Jobe) <https://youtu.be/ra8xwPVNLEw>
---------

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #91288
03/13/20 12:50 PM
03/13/20 12:50 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

----GOD OF ORDER ~~

~~"The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust . . ."
-—(Psalm 18:2)-- crackthebook

~~The trouble with our modern thinking is that we have a conception that God is a haphazard God with no set rules of life and salvation. Ask the astronomer if God is a haphazard God. He will tell you that every star moves with precision in its celestial path.
Ask the scientist if God is a haphazard God. He will tell you that His formulas and equations are fixed, and that to ignore the laws of science would be a fool’s folly.

If the laws in the material realm are so fixed and exact, is it reasonable that God could afford to be haphazard in the spiritual realm, where eternal destinies of souls are at stake? Just as God has equations and rules in the material realm, God has equations and rules in the spiritual. Creator G-D does everything decently and in order. ~~"Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh; is anything too difficult for Me?" [Jeremiah 32:27/NASB) ~~ Absolutely NO!

-"Lord G-D, Thank You for Your absolute divine order in all things. Amid confusion, it brings hope and perfect peace. Thank You, Lord Jesus, your Word is truth. "Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful" --[John 14:27].
--Decision/FG~
--"Run To the Father" // Cody Carnes //<https://youtu.be/HTHS4W1bPj8>
~~~~~~

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #91290
03/14/20 10:12 AM
03/14/20 10:12 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---LORD, HOLD MY HAND~~

-"I am the LORD your God who takes hold of your right hand
and says to you, 'Do not fear; I will help you.'
--(Isaiah 41:13 / NIV)

~~~"Hold my hand as we cross the road, son," I said to my then five-year-old. "No, Mama. You hold my hand," he responded. As we rushed across the road, I wondered about his request; so later I ask him what he meant when he asked me to hold his hand.

"Well, my hand is small and I might lose your hand, but your hand is stronger than mine. If you hold my hand I know you won't let go of me." His trust in me warmed my heart.

We often have the idea that we must hang on to God with all our might lest we get separated from God and lose our way. I'm so glad to know that God promises to take hold of my hand, because God's hand is much stronger than mine and I know that God will never let go of me.

I say along with Paul that nothing is able to separate us from the love of God. God is holding on to us, and nothing will ever come between God's hand and ours.~

~~"Holy Father, on those days when we are afraid and feel all alone, help us to feel the warmth of your hand holding ours. I trust in You and your Word. In Jesus Name."
--UPPER ROOM/DA~~---"I'll Never Let God of Your Hand" (no words on screen/ turn up speakers)/ Don and Wendy Francisco// <https://youtu.be/HCx6MEdeli4>
~~~~~~~~

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #91700
05/25/20 10:17 AM
05/25/20 10:17 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

----IF ONLY~~

"Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died." [John 11:21] - angelwing

~~~Mary and Martha were brokenhearted. Their brother Lazarus had become ill and died, leaving them alone and without anyone to support them. And it could all have been different if only Jesus had come in time.
Martha's disappointment is aptly expressed in her words in Jesus in today's key verse. Her sister repeated exactly the same words later when she met Jesus: "Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died." It appears that all they could think of was how different things would have been if only Jesus had come soon enough. We might well ask, "Where was their faith?"

Yes we often make the same mistake they did. We bewail the tragedy that has befallen us and wonder why God didn't do something to prevent it. If only things had not gone as they did, the results would be different, but now we see no hope. We pleaded with God to save us from the very thing that now overwhelms us, but Heaven was silent.

However, God looks at things differently than we humans do. Where we see disaster, God sees triumph. Where we see despair, God sees glory. Remember, He is in control of everything that happens. Nothing ever takes Him by surprise, and nothing can defeat His purposes. Listen to Jesus' words to the disciples: "And I am glad for your sakes that I was not there, to the intent that ye may believe." How could Jesus be glad that He had not been there to heal Lazarus? Because He had such a much better plan! God never allows evil things to happen unless He has a plan to bring good out of them. We can rest in Jesus' words to Martha: "If thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God."

--'Beside Still Waters'/JS~
~~"Lazarus, Come Forth!" /Tommy Walker Ministries <https://youtu.be/hOuYRjkkT50>
~~~~~~~~

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #91702
05/25/20 03:49 PM
05/25/20 03:49 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---Why Does God Allow Storms in Our Life?

--[Please Read/ JONAH 1 / bible]

--NO ONE LIKES turbulent times, but until we reach heaven, they will be a part of our life. The underlying foundation for understanding the storms we encounter is found in Psalm 103:19. No matter what the apparent source is, God ultimately directs every situation, because His sovereignty rules over all.

He uses storms to
*Bring us to repentance. Sometimes we create chaotic conditions with our own sinful choices. Yet like Jonah, we'll discover that the Lord is always with us--even in our disobedience--drawing us back to Himself.

*Grow us spiritually. Trials force us to rely on God's strength rather than our own. We learn to endure, persevere, and submit to the Father so He can make us more like Christ.

*Reveal Himself to us. Turbulent times give us a more accurate perspective of God and the way He works. Sometimes this understanding comes when we look back on a storm and see how He brought us through. Then we realize His strength was sufficient and His purpose was good.

Take comfort in knowing that God controls your storms, and His mighty power and unfailing love govern whatever comes your way. ~~

--God is in control. He still makes miracles happen. Keep your eyes on the Father and praise Him for the Son, through the power of the Holy Spirit, in Jesus Name. ~~

--IN TOUCH~~
--"Miracles"// (lyrics)// Colton Dixon ~~<https://youtu.be/Uhc2YdCzXtE>
~~~~~~~~~~

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #92283
08/08/20 10:37 AM
08/08/20 10:37 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--THE FINAL EXAM / ACCOUNTABLE TO GOD ~~
--[Please Read // 1 Corinthians 4:1-5] -- bible

~~Upon completing our education, most of us are relieved not to have any more tests. However, our testing days are not quite over, because God has a final examination of sorts for believers. And just as we needed to study to demonstrate scholastic progress, we should also be preparing for the day when the Lord assesses our life.

Although believers won’t be judged for their sins since Jesus bore them on the cross, we are nevertheless accountable to God for how we have lived since salvation. We will all stand before the judgment seat of Christ to have our works evaluated for the purpose of rewards. Some of the deeds that we thought were good will be found worthless by the Judge who knows our motives, whereas others will be rewarded.

There are many factors by which the Lord evaluates our lives, and His knowledge of every detail is absolute. We will have no excuses for wrong motives or wasted time and opportunities.]Therefore, we should live in light of eternity every day of our life, seeking to please the Lord with our thoughts, motives, words, and deeds.

Our Lord Jesus went to his Father, Jehovah Yahweh / (YHWH), often in prayers. How much more should we go to Father God, in Jesus Name. Yes, Jesus is God-Man. He never ceased being Jehovah Shamma [our God who is present]. And at the same time was G-D. Accept this by faith. We serve a Triune-God. 'God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.' // "For there are three that testify; the Spirit and the water and the blood; and the Three are in agreement." [1 John 5:7-8]

--IN TOUCH~ --"Run To The Father" // Cody Carnes (live concert video)<https://youtu.be/HTHS4W1bPj8>
~~~~~~~~

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #93168
12/04/20 08:53 PM
12/04/20 08:53 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

----PRAYER OF THE BROKEN-DOWN ~~

--"Help me, LORD my God."
--(Psalm 109:26)

~~~"DEAR FATHER in heaven, I'm not a praying man, but if you're up there, and you can hear me, show me the way. I'm at the end of my rope."
That prayer is whispered by a broken-down George Bailey, the character played by Jimmy Stewart in the classic film 'It's a Wonderful Life.' In the now iconic scene, Bailey's eyes fill with tears. They weren't part of the script but as he spoke that prayer Stewart said he "felt the loneliness, the hopelessness of people who had nowhere to turn." It broke him.

Bailey's prayer, boiled down, is simply "Heal me." And this is exactly what's voiced in Psalm 109. David was at the end of his rope: "poor and needy," his "heart....wounded" (v.22), and his body "thin and gaunt" (v.24). He was fading "like an evening shadow" (v.23), and sensed himself to be an "object of scorn" in the eyes of his accusers (v.25). In his extreme brokenness, he had nowhere else to turn. He cried out for the Sovereign Lord to show him the way: "Help me, LORD my God" (v.26).

There are seasons in our lives when "broken down" says it all. In such times it can be hard to know what to pray. Our loving God will respond to our simple prayer for help. He never turns away a sincere seeker. He knows the beginning and the end of the story, we simply must trust Him to do what is right. ~~

--"Dear Father, some days are hard. They feel hopeless. Turn my heart to You in my brokenness. Give me strength to simply ask for help. I know that You are able to do exceedingly abundantly above and beyond more that I can ever ask, hope, or think. I trust you, YAHWEH.....YHWH, my Covenant-keeping G-D. amen -- prayer"

--ODB/JB~---
~~~~~~

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #93713
02/15/21 01:53 PM
02/15/21 01:53 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--Cultivated Hearts ~~

"But he that received seed into the good ground is he that hears the word, and understands it; which also bears fruit, and brings forth, some an hundred fold, some sixty fold, some thirty." --[Matthew 13:23] -- angelwing

--The soil of our hearts needs cultivating so that we may bear fruit.
The purpose of cultivation is similar to the "purging" (pruning) that Jesus mentioned in John 15:2. "Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit." God allows us to face afflictions so that the soil of our hearts will be prepared, ready to bear abundant fruit when the seed of God's Word is planted.

Afflictions are meant to produce fruit not only in the afflicted but also in others who are affected, that they may learn to sympathize, encourage and help to bear the burdens. We should ask the Lord to strengthen all persons involved, and bear in mind that we need to help carry each other's burdens as much as we can.

One definition of cultivated is "no longer in its natural state." We need hearts that are cultivated by the Holy Spirit and no longer selfish, which is our natural state. A prime resutl to this cultivation is humility. James 4:10 says, "Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up." Such a cultivated heart will experience what God proposed in Isaiah 57:15: "For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit to revive the spirit of the humble, and revive the heart of the contrite ones." What a blessing to be children of this lofty but loving God!

Have you invited Jesus into your heart? He never turns away a sincere contrite heart. Come to Jesus and live eternally.

-'The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit. "-[Psalm 34:18]

--BSW/FB
--"Let The Light In" // Kari (Jobe) Carnes and Cody Carnes //<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqTTjkmA4wg>
~~~~~~~~~

Re: -God Does What Is Best /... Always... [Re: Abigail] #94824
08/17/21 12:24 PM
08/17/21 12:24 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---THE LORD WATCHES OVER US ~~

--"I can do all things through Him who give me strength."
---[Philippians 4:13]

--"The LORD is in His holy temple; the LORD'S throne is in heaven;
His eyes behold the sons of of men."
---{Psalm 11:4] -- angelwing

---THIS WEEKEND, I visited a new friend at her beachfront home. The tide in the harbor appeared nonexistent, almost as smooth as glass. I enjoyed sitting in a lawn chair, peace skimming over me as gently as the water lapping at the seawall.

The next moment, she mentioned how much fun Id have kayaking.
My stomach flipped, and I tried to explain the idea was out of the question. I'm clumsy, and a terrible swimmer.

Every argument I offered was met with a firm but logical response.
The safety vest fit well. As I plopped into the tandem kayak, I offered silent thanks for the years I'd been granted life. Then we were off.

While she steered, I helped paddle, and before long we'd skirted the bay and entered an estuary via a slow, deep stream. She pointed out kingfishers perched on low-lying branches, and we searched the murky banks for an otter's den. Listening to my fri8end I forgot to be afraid.

Too soon, the time came for us to paddle home. By now, I'd become used to the quiet, the rhythmic. dipping of the oars, and the seals bobbing in the surf. I returned to shore a braver person.

It wasn't until today that I realized I'd faced a mighty fear and conquered it---and was eager to face another.

Just as my friend did, Jesus stretches me beyond my comfort zone in my everyday life and my faith walk. He nudges me to come closer to the Way, He is the Way the Truth and the Life. He sees me: a complete powerful woman, in Him. ~~
--Guideposts/HG~

-
--"Things Of Heaven // Red Rock Worship//
<https://youtu.be/xXMdhuEAlaU>
~~~~~~~~

Moderated by  CTD