pintrest youtube facebook twitter

header-logo

action-btn

Donate to help families in need!

Dear Friends,

Fall can sometimes be an overwhelming time as we try to introduce new structure into our routines.

Inside this week's newsletter you will find tips and advice from our bloggers, deals and giveaways from our partners and more to help you transition into these exciting months.

Speaking of advice, Gilt City has chosen our own Jenny McCarthy as Guest Curator to celebrate her first week as a new co-host on ABC's The View. Look for Jenny's recommendations as she reveals her favorite places throughout the week.

Wishing a great season ahead to you and your family.

Sincerely,
Candace McDonald
Executive Director

Jenny McCarthy's Chicago On Gilt City

To celebrate Jenny's first week as the new co-host of ABC's "The View", she has been named this week's Gilt City Guest Curator! 

As a Guest Curator, Jenny will curate a collection of her favorite hometown retail stores, fitness studios, salons and spas and restaurants in Chicago that will be featured on Gilt City.

As a part of the partnership, Gilt City will be donating 5% of all proceeds from Jenny's featured collection to GR! And as an added treat for our community, you will receive a 20% off discount on purchases made through the Gilt City website all week long! 

To see Jenny's favorite Chicago spots, go to gilt.com/jmccarthy now!

Visit the website to see Jenny's favorites!arrow

Protect Your Rights to Personalized Medicine

Legislation has been proposed that could create an environment that would unduly restrict access to personalized (also known as compounded) medications,
even when they provide the best treatment options for patients, as determined by their physicians.

The Senate Bill S959, known as "The Pharmaceutical Quality Security and Accountability Act," is scheduled for a vote in the Senate as early as this month. 

Senate bill S.959 has implications that could negatively affect the access of doctors and patients to compounded prescriptions. If you are a doctor or patient who uses compounded medications, please act now to educate yourself on this bill and to contact your state's congressional representatives.

Click here to learn more.arrow

Shop at Silpada to Support Generation Rescue 

by DeAnn Stephens 

I initially took on my Silpada Designs business, as a second job to meet my families financial needs when my husband was laid off several years ago.  At the time I did not realize what fate had in store for me. I soon realized that I could use my business not only to help my family, but also the needs of others.  What an amazing gift!!  I have been on a personal quest to give back to others with my Silpada Designs business and loving every minute of it!

Through my research of different charities throughout the United States, I found Generation Rescue.  I sat for hours reading everything on the website that it offers to the individuals with autism as well as support for the families in so many different ways.  I knew right then that I wanted to be part of a charity that is dedicated to recovery for children as well as adults with autism.  Generation Rescue provides guidance as well as support for medical treatments to directly improve the quality of life for all families in need.

I truly believe in the saying "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others" – Mahatma Gandhi.  I use my Silpada Designs business as a great tool that offers a great product that can help raise money through direct sales due to individual orders; parties or events and I want to help Generation Rescue as much as I can so that they can continue to help others!

50% of DeAnn's commission for the month of September will be donated to Generation Rescue's Rescue Family Grant Program.

Explore the Silpada Designs store here.arrow

Upcoming Events

2013 Dallas GFAF Expo

MAPS Fall 2013 Conference 

Oct. 26, 2013 | Dallas, TX
Oct. 3, 2013 | Tampa, FL

The GFAF Expo is the premier gluten and allergy-free consumer show in the United States. Cooking classes are led by top cookbook authors, chefs and bloggers. The vendor fair is one of the largest in the U.S.

In addition to meeting the needs of the celiac community, the GFAF Expo also focuses on aiding those with gluten sensitivities, auto-immune/anti-inflammatory diseases and autism. Athletes and the health conscious community greatly benefit from the Expo's offerings as well.

Please join us for three days of intensive Clinician CME Training in the area of neurodevelopmental disorders and special needs children. There are scientific comorbid medical conditions in children with autism spectrum disorders and every medical professionals who treat children should be educated in these evidence-based conditions. This conference is for medical professionals only.

Our evidence based program has been expanded to address each of these topics in a one-of-a-kind, in-depth analysis that explores both academic and practical clinical application and implementation.

More Informationarrow More Informationarrow
View All Eventsarrow

From the Blog

An Alternative to Traditional Learning for Military Families

Another Rave Review for Branam Xylitol Toothpaste

by Dr. Jill Tschikof
by Cody Jordan

Growing up, I wasn't familiar with the military. I didn't have any friends in the military, and although I had heard the phrase quite a bit, I had no idea what it meant to be an "army brat." After marrying into the Air Force, I learned very quickly that although my children would get to experience many different communities, countries, and cultures, they would be bounced around from school to school. As exciting as this is for most children, it is not usually the case for a child with ASD.

After about a month of using the Branam toothpaste, all I can say is, "Wow."

The first thing about it that caught Harrison's attention was the flavor's name (Yum Yum Bubblegum). He also noticed that it was "sparkly," so he and his little brother (Isaac) soon started saying that it got their teeth sparkly clean!

The overall first impression with Harrison was definitely positive!

Continue Readingarrow Continue Readingarrow
Read More Blogsarrow

Sponsor Spotlight

Our Corporate Sponsors

sponsors sponsors sponsors sponsors

Grant Program Sponsors

In The News

Science Daily: Autistic Children With Better Motor Skills More Adept at Socializing 

Guardian Express: Eating Smart: Autism Cured Through Gluten-Dairy-Free Diet 

The Seattle Times: How New Health Laws Affect Those With Autism

The Captian
Today they call you "crazy". Tomorrow they call you "ahead of your time."
Global Skywatch Learn about Chemtrails - You're breathing them now!
OnlyTheBestHerbs.com World-class supplements
Mercury Talk Why you are sick.
OneUp Domains Domains, Hosting, Email
1-800-358-4278 (U.S. & Canada)