--A Word to Kings and Presidents
[The Accountability of Leaders in a Nation's Fall]
-By: Johnathan Cahn -Sr. Pastor /Messianic Rabbi; Beth Israel Worship Center
----- bible
(excerpts from: Decision Magazine/October 2013)

IN THE BIBLE, the role of leaders in influencing the course of nations was critical. A godly king could lead a nation to repentance and revival. An ungodly king could lead a nation to apostasy.

What my book 'The Harbinger' reveals is that America is now a nation in a rapid departure from God, and the same warning signs of national judgment that appeared in the last days of ancient Israel are now reappearing on American soil. I am struck by the connection between the harbingers--signs of forewarning--and national leaders.

A Nation's leader is often a reflection of the culture. But despite what some believe, the realm of politics and elections and the actions of kings and president do matter in the plans of God and in the judgment or revival of nations.

One of the clearest signs of ancient Israel's falling away from God was its abandonment of morality, In January, Barack Obama gave the first ever presidential inaugural speech mentioning homosexuality. His administration had previously decided to end the government's defending of the Defense of Marriage Act. That led to the striking down DOMA's definition of marriage in June. The administration also opened the doors for the open practice and advocacy of homosexuality in the nation's military.

Past American presidents would issue declarations calling the nation to prayer and repentance. But the current president issued a declaration naming June as 'Lesbian, Gay, Transgender and Bisexual Pride Month'. Amazingly, the declaration was sealed with the words "in the year of our Lord. ..."

Of all Israel's sins, among its most grievous was the killing of its children. America is a modern parallel. In the first week of Obama's presidency, America began advocating for abortions in other nations. The administration launched new domestic policies that violate religious liberty. For the first time in the nation's history, through ObamaCare's HHS Mandate, the administrations is trying to compel even Christian organizations to support and sponsor the killing of unborn children. Ancient Israel sacrificed thousands; America has killed millions--and its leaders have been complicit in the crime.

Whether by the president's decision or that of his speech writers, the name of God appears to have been strangely removed on several occasions--including a mention of Him in the 'Declaration of Independence'.

In speaking before a gathering of gay advocates, the president referred to those who were not in favor of the gay agenda as those who "stand in our way." Legislation was endorsed that could force Christian organizations to hire openly practicing homosexuals, which is clearly against the Bible.

When the Supreme Court struck down the biblical definition of marriage in June, it did so with the administration's urging.
How do we respond? Some choose to bash the president. As the Bible makes clear, kings can change. We must pray that God touches those in positions of leadership and brings into such positions those who revere Him.

If the dark is growing darker, then the light must grow brighter. In an age when righteousness is viewed as radical, we must be all the more radical for God. The grays are disappearing. The bad is getting worse. So, too, the good must become great. These are the days of the Elijahs, the Jeremiahs, the Pauls and the Daniels. It is time to be bold and uncompromising about God's Word.

There was no prayer at the inaugural ceremony led by a professing born-again Christian. I was asked to deliver the keynote speech that morning at the inaugural prayer breakfast in Washington. The president was at the Capitol Building, getting ready to be sworn into office, but I was led to address him directly from the podium. I will end with these words from my exhortation to him:

"Mr. President, we have come here to pray for America, for its government, for you, its leader, and for its future...The answer is not found in the agendas of man, but upon that which your hand will rest, upon the Word of God. For everything else will pass away, but the Word of God will abide forever. And so it must be asked, with respect...Can you lay your left hand upon His Word and then with your right hand enact laws against it? Can you invoke the name of God to assume the presidency and then use the presidency in any way to endorse that which clearly wars against the ways of the God you invoke? ...Can you utter the words 'so help me God' if you should in any way take part in helping to lead a nation away from the God whose help you invoke? We pray for your blessing in the will of God. For if a nation that once knew the Almighty is called to return to Him, then so too must the one who leads it."-- --[Decision]/2013=
Jonathan Cahn /Author of the best-selling book 'The Harbinger: The ancient mystery that holds the future of America. He serves as Senior Pastor and Messianic Rabbi of the Beth Israel Worship Center in Wayne, Ind.~~

-----