pintrest youtube facebook twitter

header-logo

action-btn

Donate to help families in need!

Dear Friends,

During the past few weeks, the autism community has been hit hard yet again by news of the disappearance of Avonte Oquendo, a non-verbal 14-year-old with autism who has been missing from his Long Island school since October 4th.

As a mother, hearing this story deeply saddened me. My heart is with Avonte's family and I encourage you to please continue to share his information, in hopes of bringing a bright end to this tragedy. Please see our highlight below for more information.

I also advise you to review Washington's Prop 522, regarding genetic-engineered food labeling. At Generation Rescue, we support informed health decisions and encourage you to vote Yes on I-522.

I hope you have been enjoying the fall season so far and wish you a warm weekend! 

PS: Happy (early) Halloween! 

Sincerely,
Candace McDonald
Executive Director

Teen Boy with Autism Still Missing

As you may have heard in the news recently, a teenage boy with autism, Avonte Oquendo, went missing in the New York City area over two weeks ago. His parents feel at this point that he has been abducted and suspect foul play -- however, the state of New York will not issue an Amber Alert because it has to be concrete fact that he was kidnapped, and not speculation. In Long Island everyone is looking for Avonte around the clock, and yet few outside of New York know his name. 

Avonte's non-verbal condition makes him highly vulnerable as he has no means of communication. It is heartbreaking to know that this young boy is still missing and we encourage you to please share Avonte's story and use hashtag #FindAvonte in all social media posts to continue spreading awareness.

Everyone at Generation Rescue is keeping the Oquendo family in our thoughts and prayers for Avonte's safe return home.    

For more information on how you can help, click here.arrow

Steamers Employs Adults with Disabilities

In honor of National Disability Employment Month, we want to acknowledge Steamers Coffee House in Colorado for supporting and employing adults with disabilities. Steamers has over eighty staff members, and half of them are people with developmental disabilities. 

We think what they are doing is terrific and we are proud to share their noble work. 

Do you know of other businesses employing people with disabilities? Share them with us, we'd love to pass them along! 

To learn more about Steamers and their mission, click here.arrow

GR Supports Voting Yes on I-522!

At Generation Rescue, we believe you have the right to know what is in your food. 

We support Barlean's in their solidarity campaign and join the other food producers, distributors, growers, and retailers saying Yes to I-522

We encourage you to do the same and please share Barlean's solidarity video

For more information, click here.arrow

Upcoming Events

Kids Halloween Costume Contest 

2013 Dallas GFAF Expo

Oct. 1 - 30 2013 
Oct. 26-27, 2013 | Dallas, TX
Our costume contest is heating up with lots of great submissions! You still have a chance to enter and win our Fall Survival Swag bag, filled with everything you'll need to make it through the holidays! 

Including:
Enzymedica Enzyme Fall Survival pack (Candidase, Virastop 2x, GlutenEase 2x, & Digest Spectrum) 
Kartzinel Health Natural Fiber
Generation Rescue Angel Wing T-shirt 
- & more! 

Valued at over $200!

Best of luck to all our current submitters!

The GFAF Expo is the premier gluten and allergy-free consumer show in the United States. Cooking classes are led by top cookbook authors, chefs and bloggers. The vendor fair is one of the largest in the U.S. 

In addition to meeting the needs of the celiac community, the GFAF Expo also focuses on aiding those with gluten sensitivities, auto-immune/anti-inflammatory diseases and autism. Athletes and the health conscious community greatly benefit from the Expo's offerings as well.

More Informationarrow More Informationarrow
View All Eventsarrow

From the Blog

Making the Holidays Work for Your Family 

GR Staff Picks: Favorite Fall Treats

by Tali Berman
by Generation Rescue 

October has begun and the parade of holidays is upon us; Halloween, Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, and Christmas are all around the corner. Many families I work with experience a heightened level of challenge with their child on the autism spectrum during the holiday season...

Get to know the GR Team in our new Staff Picks blog post! We've selected our favorite fall treats and what we are currently crushing on. Check out our favorite recipes and let us know, what are your favorite fall treats and what are you currently crushing on? 

Continue Readingarrow Continue Readingarrow
Read More Blogsarrow

Sponsor Spotlight

Our Corporate Sponsors

sponsors sponsors sponsors sponsors

Grant Program Sponsors

In The News

US News & World Report: Many Kids with Autism on Multiple Medications, Study Finds 

Diverse MagazineColleges Help Students Break Bonds of Autism 

News Observer:New Discovery Points to Possible Environmental Cause of Autism

The Captian
Today they call you "crazy". Tomorrow they call you "ahead of your time."
Global Skywatch Learn about Chemtrails - You're breathing them now!
OnlyTheBestHerbs.com World-class supplements
Mercury Talk Why you are sick.
OneUp Domains Domains, Hosting, Email
1-800-358-4278 (U.S. & Canada)