News you won't see in controlled mainstream media.

Circle-of-Life Forums - Welcome
Open-Source News, Natural Health, Recipes, Freedom, Preparedness, Computers, Technology, Movies, Reviews, History, Wisdom, Truth
See All Social Media We Are On | Trouble viewing videos? Use FireFox instead of Chrome.
Mercury Detox & Amalgam Fillings Forum

The Mercury Detox & Amalgam Fillings Forum

Detoxing Heavy Metals, Removing Amalgam Fillings, Understanding Mercury Poisoning

Our Most Popular Videos, Audio Clips, and Articles

Text
Text

views

Secret News
News you won't hear in controlled mainstream media.
Video Document
Video

views

CFL Bulbs: Are They Safe?
An experiment exposing the serious danger of compact fluorescent bulbs.
Video Document
Video

views

Mercury From Canned Fish Contaminating Your Kitchen
Open a can of fish and you begin breathing mercury vapor.
Website
Website

(remote)

views

Spraying the Skies with Toxic Metals
Have you heard about the epic crime of human history?
Video
Video

views

The Global Depopulation Agenda Documented
A MUST-SEE lecture for every parent!
Video
Video

views

What In the World are They Spraying?
Vaccination via the air for everyone, every day!
Video
Video

views

The
A 2-minute explanation of the global warming lie.
Video
Video

views

Global Warming: The Other Side
The Weather Channel founder exposes the GW lie.
Video
Video

views

Know Your Enemy
A revolutionary look at Earth history.
Video
Video

views

Mystery Babylon
The grandmother of all conspiracies.
Video
Video

views

The Power Behind the New World Order
An essential video for all wishing to understand.
Video
Video

views

Global Warming: Is CO2 the Cause
Dr. Robert Carter tells the truth about global warming.
Video
Video

views

All Jesse Ventura Conspiracy Theory Episodes In One Place
Easily find the episodes you want to watch.
Text
Text

views

New Study Steers Mercury Blame Away From Vaccines Toward Environment: But Where's It Coming From?
New study steers mercury blame away from vaccines.
Text
Text

views

Revelation 18:23 What does "sorcery" really mean?
Text
Text

views

The Leading Cause of Death Globally - Likely Has Been for Decades
Modern medicine leading cause of death globally?
Video
Video

views

Lies In the Textbooks - Full Version
Blatant, intentional lies in American textbooks.
Text
Text

views

Stop Chemical and Biological Testing on U.S. Citizens
Testing on U.S. Citizens is perfectly legal today.
Text
Text

views

Do Vaccines Cause Cancer? Cancerous Cell Lines Used in the Development of Vaccines
DOCUMENTED! Cancerous cell lines used in vaccines!
Video
Video

views

Italian Doctor - Dr. Tullio Simoncini - Reportedly Curing 90% of Cancer Cases
Italian Doctor makes history & gets license revoked.
Video
Video

views

Apollyon Rising 2012 - The Final Mystery Of The Great Seal Revealed: A Terrifying And Prophetic Cipher, Hidden From The World By The U.S. Government For Over 200 Years Is Here
The Final Mystery Of the Great Seal of the U.S. Revealed
Video
Video

views

Invisible Empire - New Epic Video about the New World Order
Epic Video about the New World Order.
Video
Video

views

The Lie of the Serpent: Dr. Walter Veith Examines the New Age Movement's Relationship to the New World Order
The New Age Movement & The New World Order
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Whitewater, drug smuggling, and the bloodiest campaign trail in history
Text Document
Text

views

Secret News
Professional actors in politics and media
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The biggest conspiracy of all: Keeping it all in the family
Text Document
Text

views

Secret News
Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP): The language of politics
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Congressman Sherman tells it like it is; Is anyone listening?
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The only way to ensure privacy is to remove your cell phone battery
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Rep Kapture reveals epic crimes that remain unpunished
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The reason so many are sterile, sick and dying today
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Former U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney Says "No Evidence" for Bin Laden Involvement in 9-11
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The highest elected U.S. officials make sure they are exempt from justice.
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The murder of JFK cleared the way for the communist globalist agenda
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The world's largest military contractors exposed in "Iraq For Sale"
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
A paradigm-changing video that everyone must see.
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
This is a chilling video that exposes the use-or misuse-of the word "force" in HR1955
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
A Hollywood producer told about 9/11 before it happened
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
How many other news stories have been faked that we don't know about?
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Texas legislators on both sides of the iasle voting for each other
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper and Australian Prime Minister John Howard give the same speech
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Why are are few (not all) police working to promote hate and violence?
Text Document
Text

views

Secret News
New grassroots movement protects U.S. citizens against unlawful police action
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Russ), 1,395 guests, and 27 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Left Sidebar Ad
Popular Topics(Views)
338,872 DOES GOD EXIST?
254,062 Please HELP!!!
162,037 Open Conspiracy
106,499 History rules
98,855 Symmetry
87,744 oil pulling
Support Our Forum
Herbs/Nutrition
Only The Best HerbsOnly The Best Herbs!
Your best source of world-class herbal information! More...
Mercury Detox
Amalgam Illness: Diagnosis and Treatment by Dr. Andrew Cutler#1 Book We've Found!
"Silver" fillings, mercury detox, & much more. More...
Algin
AlginFor Mercury Detox
Prevent mercury reabsorption in the colon during detox. More...
Mercury Poisoning
DMSA, 25mg.Softcover & Kindle
Excellent resource for mercury detox. More...
DMSA 100mg
EDTA 500mg
DMSA, 25mg.For Mercury Chelation
For calcium chelation and heart health. More...
Vaccine Safety?
Vaccines: The Risks, The Benefits, The Choices by Dr. Sherri TenpennyMust for Every Parent
The most complete vaccine info on the planet. More...
Stop Candida!
Candida ClearFinally.
Relief! More...
Saying NO To Vaccines
Saying No To Vaccines by Dr. Sherri TenpennyDr. Sherri Tenpenny
Get the info you need to protect yourself. More...
Nano-Silver
Amalgam Illness: Diagnosis and Treatment by Dr. Andrew CutlerWhat everyone's talking about!
Safe, powerful, timely! More...
World's Best Vitamin E
Vitamin E wih SeleniumThere is a difference!
A powerful brain antioxidant for use during Hg detox. More...
It's All In Your Head
It's All In Your Head by Dr. Hal HugginsThis changed my life!
This book convinced me remove my fillings. More...
World's Best Multi
Super Supplemental - Full-Spectrum Multivitamin/Mineral/Herbal SupplementThis is what we use!
The only multi where you feel the difference. More...
Understand Hair Tests
Hair Test Interpretation: Finding Hidden Toxicities by Dr. Andrew CutlerHair Tests Explained!
Discover hidden toxicities, easily. More...
GABA
GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid)Have Racing Thoughts?
Many use GABA for anxiety and better sleep. More...
Pet Health Charts
Pet Health Charts for Dogs, Cats, Horses, and BirdsHelp Them!
Natural health for pets. More...
The Companion Bible (Hardcover)
The Companion BibleThe Bible We Use!
King James with study notes by Bullinger. More...
The Companion Bible (Softcover)
The Companion BibleThe Bible We Use!
King James with study notes by Bullinger. More...
Sweet Remedy
Sweet RemedyFood Additives
Protect your family from toxic food! More...
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
What does 'Born again..' mean? #55551
02/01/10 07:41 PM
02/01/10 07:41 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

What does "Born Again"...mean?

In John Chapter 3, verse 3 Jesus told Nicodemus "Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."

There are many people that will never make it into heaven because they have never made a confession of faith, to receive Jesus Christ's sacrifice on the cross for the forgiveness of their sins. Jesus offers this 'free gift' to everybody. But a gift is not a 'gift', unless it is received.

What must I do to be saved? "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
"For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

"For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed."

ROMANS Chapter 10 verses 9 - 11 bible

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." [John 14:6]
Re: What does 'Born again..' mean? [Re: Abigail] #55555
02/01/10 08:09 PM
02/01/10 08:09 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

Religious, but Lost ~~~

READ/ JOHN 3:1-6 - bible

NICODEMUS would probably be welcome at any church today. He seems an ideal member--principled, knowledgeable, morally upstanding, courteous, and humble. However, Nicodemus had two big problems despit all of that outward religious appeal. He was blind to the truth and spiritually dead.

The man was lost. That is, he did not have a relationship with God through Jesus Christ. As a Pharisee, Nicodemus adheared to strict Jewish codes and laws. so he was certainly religious. But the problem of the lost person is not attitudes, conduct, or even character. We can change and control those through sheer determination, and many folks do. What people really need is a change of condition. We come into this world with a sinful nature that is bent away from God.

Jesus explained to the oberservant Rabbi that all his outward goodness couldn't erase, replace or change his nature. Instead, every person who desires to serve God must be born again. The Lord promised that if Nicodemus received Him as Savior, then he would enter into a brand-new life. His old sinful nature would be transformed so that he could have a real relationship with God. Instead of 'appearing' to be a religious man, Nicodemus would be a true believer. cross

EARLY LIGHT/ No one gets into heaven on the strength of good works and kind behavior. When we stand before God, only our condition will matter. In place of our old, dead "flesh" nature, we want to show Him the living spirit we received when Jesus Christ came into our life. ~

Pastor Charles Stanley
In Touch ~

Yes, God loves you just the way you are, but He refuses to leave you that way. Accept Him today, and be 'born again'!
Then you will know for a certainty that when you depart this earth you will 'be absent from the body and face to face with Jesus.'
Blessings, Abishag <><

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." [John 14:6]
Re: What does 'Born again..' mean? [Re: Abigail] #55578
02/02/10 04:29 PM
02/02/10 04:29 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

"If you have heard Christ and have been taught in Him, just as truth is in Jesus, that in reference to your former manner of life, lay aside the old, self nature, which is corrupted with sinful deceit." Ephesians 4:20-22 bible

---PAUL before his conversion was meek. Proudly and brutally, he apprehended all Christians and sought to destroy them. He was bigoted, selfish, and vaunted.

But when he wrote his warm and affectionate letter to the churches of Galatiia, he said,.."The fruit of the Spirit is...gentleness, goodness...meekness." His meekness was something God-given, not something man-made.

It is not our nature to be meek. On the contrary, it is our nature to be proud and haughty. That is why the new birth is so essential to each of us. That is why Jesus frankly and pointedly said not only to Nicodemus but to every one of us, "Ye must be born again."

Meekness begins there! You must have a change of nature. The old self has died. You are NEW in Christ Jesus. Born again, spiritually. ----

"Heavenly Father, give me the same
kind of meekness that You gave to Jesus." prayer

Re: What does 'Born again..' mean? [Re: Abigail] #55594
02/03/10 10:53 AM
02/03/10 10:53 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

REUNION
DINNER

Revelation 19:1-9
-----
Blessed are those
who are called to
the marriage supper
of the Lamb!
--Revelation 19:9 - bible

The Bible tells of an important reunion dinner in heaven. Revelation 19:9 calls it "the marriage supper of the Lamb." No one knows the date for this event except God (Matt. 24:36). Christians do not need to worry about making travel arrangements.

Who is invited to this heavenly reunion? All those who belong to God's family will be there, "Those who believe in [Jesus'] name: who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God" (John 1:12-13; John 3:3)).

Will you be at the reunion dinner in heaven? You can secure your place at the heavenly banquet by trusting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior today.-

HOW CAN YOU HAVE THE ASSURANCE OF HEAVEN?
Recognize your sinfulness (Rom 3:23); believe Jesus died for you (Acts 16:31); receive Him as Savior (John 1:12); trust His promise (John 20:31).
-------------------
CHRIST BELIEVED IS SALVATION RECEIVED--
AND HEAVEN ASSURED. prayer

Our Daily Bread/cph
~~~~~~

Re: What does 'Born again..' mean? [Re: Abigail] #55616
02/03/10 07:38 PM
02/03/10 07:38 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

Look to Jesus and Live ~~

READ/JOHN 3:7-15

Jesus' conversation with Nicodemus was packed with symbolism. He compared salvation to a second birth and likened the Holy Spirit's work to the wind. But then the Lord used an Old Testament illustration that might seem odd to modern readers---He said the Son of Man must be lifted up, just as Moses lifted the bronze serpent (Num. 21:1-9).

Nicodemus would have been familiar with the story: En route to the Promised Land, the Israelites once complained about going the long way around enemy territory. God responded by sending poisonous snakes into their midst. A bite victim would die unless he or she looked at the bronze serpent hanging from a pole in the camp. The statue was a symbolic resprentation of God's presence among the Israelites as well as a reminder that He was their deliverer.

While we might not mix spiritual birth and a snake on a pole in one testimony, Jesus did so for a good reason. These metaphors describe related events. The Messiah was explaining that He must be lifted onto the cross as a sacrifice for all of mankind's wongs. A new birth is impossible unless somebody pays the price for our sinful condition. Those who look to Jesus and believe will be forgiven, saved, and born again. cross

EARLY LIGHT/ Jesus' message to Nicodemus becomes clear when we understand how the pieces fit together. The Savior is saying that He must die on the cross so that sinful human beings can be born again. Have you looked to Jesus Christ for salvation? He is the only way to new life.

Pastor Charles Stanley
In Touch Ministries <><

Re: What does 'Born again..' mean? [Re: Abigail] #56250
03/17/10 11:21 AM
03/17/10 11:21 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--FOREIGN
WORSHIP/ Born
Again +

Acts 17:16-31
------
"[Paul] seems to be a
proclaimer of foreign
gods," because he
preached to them
Jesus.
--Acts 17:18 -- bible
~~~~
DURING a trip to the Far East, I visited an unusual shrine made up of hundreds of statues. According to our guide, worshipers would pick the statue that looked the most like an ancestor and pray to it.

A few years ago, I read about a student named Le Thai. An ancestor worshiper, he found great comfort in praying to his deceased grandmother. Because he was praying to someone he loved, he found this to be personal and intimate.

But when he came from Vietnam to the US to study, Le Thai was introduced to Christianity. It sounded like a fairy tale based on American thinking. To him, it was the worship of a foreign god (see Acts 17:18).

Then a Christian friend invited him to visit his home. He saw a Christian family in action and heard again the story of Jesus. Le Thai listened. He read John 3 about being "born again" and asked questions. He began to feel the pull of the Holy Spirit. Finally, he realized that Christianity was true and trusted Jesus as his personal Savior.

When friends see Christianity as foreign worship, we need to respect their heritage while sharing the Gospel graciously and giving them time to explore Christianity. And then trust the Holy Spirit to do His work. -

Man gropes his way through life's dark maze,
To gods unknown he often prays,
Until one day he meets God's Son--
At last he's found the Living One! - cross
---
GOD IS THE ONLY TRUE GOD. Jesus said, "I and the Father are One." John 10:30

Re: What does 'Born again..' mean? [Re: Abigail] #57495
06/02/10 11:28 AM
06/02/10 11:28 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--"The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is everyone that is born of the Spirit."

--JOHN 3:8- bible

How to be sure of your salvation----

John 3:3 "Jesus answered, "Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingodom of God."

Have you chosen to believe in Jesus Christ and follow Him?

Would you like to have an intimate eternal relationship with the One who made you and loves you unconditionally? If so, tell Him in your own words or use this simple prayer:

'God,
I acknowledge that I have sinned before You, but I receive Jesus' substitutionary death on the cross as payment-in-full for my sin debt. I believe He rose from the dead, and I trust Him as my Lord and Savior.

Thank You for forgiving me, for making me a new person, and for including me in Your family. I pray this in Jesus' name' Amen. prayer

[We will gladly send you our New Believer's Kit to help you take the next step in your walk with God. Contact our customer care department at 1-800-789-1473, or visit <www.intouch.org> ]

Re: What does 'Born again..' Are you saved? [Re: Abigail] #57610
06/08/10 07:53 PM
06/08/10 07:53 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
"Set thy house in order..."

2 Kings 20:1
angelwing

Man condemns himself by his refusal of God's way of salvation. In love and mercy, God is offering to men and women a way of escape, a way of salvation, a hope and anticipation of better things. Man in his blindness, stupidity, stubbornness, egotism, and love of sinful pleasure, refuses God's simple method of escaping the pangs of eternal banishment.

Suppose you were sick and called a doctor who came and gave you a prescription. But after thinking it over you decided to ignore his advice and to refuse the medicine. When he returned a few days later, he might have found your condition much worse. Could you blame the doctor? Could you hold him responsible? He gave you the prescription, he prescribed the remedy. But you refused it!

Just so, God prescribes the remedy for the ills of the human race. That rememdy is personal faith, and and commitment to, Jesus Christ. The remedy is to be "born again." To be "saved."

If we deliberately refuse it, then we must suffer the consequences; and we cannot blame God. Is it God's fault that we refuse the remedy?
~~~~~~~~~~
Are you ready to face the rality of sin and judgment?

The Bible says you must confess your sins and receive Jesus Christ by faith as your Lord and Savior. When you do so, you'll begin a relationship with God, and He promises that you will be forgiven and will have eternal life. To begin you can pray a prayer like this:

"O God, I am a sinner. I'm sorry for my sin. Forgive me. I want to turn from my sin. I receive Jesus Christ as my Savior; I confess Him as my Lord. From now on I want to follow Him. In Jesus' Name. Amen." prayer
~~~~~~~
Do it Today....right now..
Then contact us, and we will send you information to help you.

Visit our Web Site:
<www.billygraham.org/decision>

Write to us:
Christian Guidance Department
Billy Graham Evangelistic Assoc.
1 Billy Graham Parkway
Charlotte, NC 28201-0001, U.S.A.

E-MAIL US--
<help@bgea.org>

Call Us:
Toll-free, 7 a.m.to midnight, EST
Seven days a week at :
1-877-247-2426

Decision ~
Billy Graham cross

Last edited by Abishag; 06/08/10 07:59 PM.

Re: What does 'Born again..' Are you saved? [Re: Abigail] #58011
06/29/10 09:45 PM
06/29/10 09:45 PM
L
Lynnmn  Offline
Master Elite Member
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope
by the power of the Holy Spirit.
---- Romans 15:13

Re: What does 'Born again..' ABC= Join the family of God/a free gift [Re: Lynnmn] #58029
06/30/10 07:01 PM
06/30/10 07:01 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

Thank you, Lynn. That is a very nice Scripture verse for long-time 'believers' and new, born-again creations in Christ. AMEN!

~~~~~~~~
Being Born Again---No Certificate Required
Devotional thought from the messages of Adrian Rogers:

BIBLE MEDITATION:
1 Peter 1:23 - "Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the Word of God, which lives and abides for ever."

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
A little girl was supposed to take her birth certificate to school. Her mother had solemnly warned her not to lose it because of its tremendous importance, but lose it, she did.

Later, she was sitting on the steps of the school crying. The janitor asked her what was wrong. She replied, "I lost my excuse for being born again."

Now, that's a funny story, but it has a sobering analogy. You don't need an excuse for being born again. You have a Savior, and He's calling your name. He will not force Himself on you. He offers salvation as a 'free gift'. Won't you join the family-of-God today? Jesus loves you.

ACTION POINT:
Have you been born again? Have you experienced the cleansing power of Jesus' blood that washes all your sin away? If not, I invite you to come to Him in repentance and faith. Discover Jesus today. It's as easy as A-B-C. "A=Admit you are a sinner in need of a Saviour." "B=Believe in your heart that Jesus is alive and is calling you." "C=Confess that you are a sinner in need of a Saviour, Jesus the Christ".
If you've said that prayer from your heart, then you are now, "A new creation in Christ". WELCOME TO THE FAMILY OF GOD!
~~~~~~~ jesuslovesyou

Re: What does 'Born again..' Is your name written in the Book of Life? [Re: Abigail] #59730
10/22/10 10:35 AM
10/22/10 10:35 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

Is your name written in the Book of Life?

Born Again, Saved for All Time
Devotional thought from the messages of Adrian Rogers

BIBLE MEDITATION:
John 3:7 - "Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again." bible

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
Have you ever known anyone who was physically born twice? Have you ever known anyone who was spiritually born twice? Nowhere in the Bible will you find a passage that describes anyone being saved twice. Once you come into the family, you're in the family.

There were times when I disappointed my parents. There were times when my father had to chastise me. But I am a Rogers. I will be a Rogers for all eternity. It's the same way with your spiritual life.

When you are born into the family of God, your name is written in the Lamb's book of life. It is fixed. It is done.

ACTION POINT:
Do you know a brother or sister in Christ who is doubting his/her salvation? Encourage him/her with this Good News today.
--- cross

Re: What does 'Born again..' Regeneration [Re: Abigail] #59991
11/06/10 10:29 AM
11/06/10 10:29 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--Regeneration
November 6, 2010

"That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit." (John 3:6)
bible
Perhaps the greatest purpose of Christianity is to take that which is only flesh and see it reborn as Spirit--to see spiritual life born where before there was only death. But then, even in the most mature of believers, there remain aspects of the old nature mixed in with--even at war with--the new. In frustration Paul cried, "I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me" (Romans 7:21). But each Christian should, through the power of God, be winning that war.

Christ came to regenerate the spiritual side of man. "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death" (Romans 8:1-2).

Too many Christians still have their spirits buried deeply within the flesh, having "yielded |their| members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity" (Romans 6:19). But Christ came to change all that. "God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit" (Romans 8:3-4).

Through faith, "according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again" (1 Peter 1:3). To "beget" means to reproduce a like kind. Since He has "begotten us," we should be becoming like Him in attitudes and aims. "Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 2:5).

"And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it" (1 Thessalonians 5:23-24).

This is the object of Christianity. -
cross
---
ICR/JDM

Re: What does 'Born again..' Are you SAVED? Born from above [Re: Abigail] #60038
11/10/10 10:13 AM
11/10/10 10:13 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

Assurance of Salvation
1 JOHN 5:10-13

-- bible

Many of the people who call In Touch have questions about their salvation. They are frustrated to feel uncertainty about such an important issue. Today's devotion is a three-part salvation assessment. Answer yes to every question, and you can be sure that you are in God's family and destined for an eternity in His presence. Answer no, and you'll know exactly what issue to talk over with your pastor or a spiritual mentor.

1. Do I trust Scripture? Salvation is a simple process: "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved" (Acts 16:31). Either we trust that Jesus Christ died for the sins of the world (including ours), or we don't (John 3:16).

2. Do I accept the witness of the Holy Spirit? Anyone who believes in Jesus has the witness dwelling within his or her being. That is, the Spirit testifies to our identity as God's children (Rom. 8:16). It's not about whether we feel saved; God's Spirit offers an abiding conviction that we are.

3. Do I walk like a follower of Jesus? Those who are in Christ are a new creation (2 Cor. 5:17). If we have been transformed, there are going to be changes in our life. Simply put, true believers are creatures who seek the things of God--they desire to read and understand His Word, they want to gather with His people, etc.

Confirmed Christ-followers still sin. Some even backslide for a time. No matter how crooked our walk of faith, the Holy Spirit continues to convict. He cannot allow us to be satisfied with wrongdoing. That tug of guilt over sin is yet another assurance that you have placed yourself in God's grip.

In Touch Ministries
Charles Stanley

Re: What does 'Born again..' Are you SAVED? Born from above [Re: Abigail] #60348
11/30/10 02:42 PM
11/30/10 02:42 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
Birth Certificate
cross

Being Born Again - No Certificate Required

BIBLE MEDITATION:
1 Peter 1:23 - "Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the Word of God, which live and abides for ever."
--- bible
DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:

A little girl was supposed to take her birth certificate to school. Her mother had solemnly warned her not to lose it because of its tremendous importance, but lose it she did. Later she was sitting on the steps of the school, crying. The janitor asked her what was wrong. She replied, "I lost my excuse for being born."

Now, that's a funny story, but it has a sobering analogy. You don't need an excuse for being born again. You have a Savior, and He's calling your name.

ACTION POINT:
Have you been born again? Have you experienced the cleansing power of Jesus' blood that washes all your sin away? If not, I invite you to come to Him in repentance and faith. Discover Jesus today.

JESUS LOVES YOU SO VERY MUCH! Won't you give him control of your life and He will guide you in all 'TRUTH'.

Re: What does 'Born again..' Heaven or Hell/ the choice is ours to make [Re: Abigail] #60473
12/07/10 10:47 AM
12/07/10 10:47 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

There is a real Heaven and also there is a real HELL.

We must choose which path we take to get to either one of these places.

"Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is
easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many.

For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few."

-- Matthew 7:13-14 bible

If we were dividing humanity into classifications, we might divide people based on their socio-economic status, their race, or their country of origin. But when God categorizes humanity, he does it based upon a decision: What you do with Jesus Christ.

There are only two kinds of people in this world: those who know Christ as their Savior and those who don't... those who are on their way to Heaven by faith in the Son of God or those who are on their way to Hell by rejecting Christ. Yes, there are two kinds of people today: saved or lost.

You know, that's never a statement that's going to make
you popular. But when it comes down to it, you either believe what Jesus said or you don't. And my biggest fear-what keeps me up at night with my eyes wide open-is that there are nice,
well-intentioned people who hear my sermons and read my devotionals but are not saved.

The Scripture says that there is only one path to having a
relationship with God and spending eternity with him: Jesus Christ. If you've never come to a point where you trust fully in his death and resurrection for the forgiveness of your sins, pray and tell him that you do today! Tomorrow may be too late. Heaven or Hell? Which one do you choose?

JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY TO HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD AND RECEIVE ETERNAL LIFE. SO TRUST IN HIM FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF YOUR SINS. prayer
-------
Pastor Jack Graham

Re: What does 'Born again..' The Lord Is Thy Keeper [Re: Abigail] #60887
01/08/11 11:28 AM
01/08/11 11:28 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

The Lord Is Thy Keeper
By: John D. Morris, Ph.D.

"The Lord is thy keeper: the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand. . . . The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore" (Psalm 121:5,8).

One of the most precious doctrines in all of Scripture is that of the secure position of the believer in Christ Jesus. Nothing in creation is "able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 8:39).- bible

The apostle Peter tells us that we who are born again are "kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation"(I Peter 1:5).

Nothing we can do can merit salvation; similarly, nothing we do can keep it. This is God's work, not ours, and extends to all realms of our lives. "I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved [usually translated `kept'] blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ" (I Thessalonians 5:23).

This keeping aspect of God's work for us should not be a surprise, for Christ prayed for just this. With His betrayal, trial, crucifixion, and death imminent, He prayed for all who would eventually believe on Him (John 17:20). "Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me. . . . While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost. . . . I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil [one]" (John 17:11-12,15). prayer We can be certain the prayer is answered, for God the Father would surely hear the intercessory prayer of His own beloved Son.

"Now unto Him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Savior, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen" (Jude 24-25).

ICR/JDM

Re: What does 'Born again..' The Lord Is Thy Keeper [Re: Abigail] #61400
02/10/11 11:06 AM
02/10/11 11:06 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-Christ's Assured Calling on Your Life ~
By: Pastor Jack Graham ~

They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us. But they went out, that it might become plain that they all are not of us.

-- 1 John 2:19- bible

There's a debate that's been going on in theological circles for centuries on whether or not a person who seems to come to
Christ and then abandons the faith is still saved. Now there are basically three positions that people can take on this issue:

1.) The person is still saved despite the fact that he abandoned the faith.

2.) The person loses his salvation when he abandons his faith.

3.) The person who abandons his faith was never truly saved from the beginning.

It's clear that those who are in Christ will never be snatched
out of his hand (John 10:28), so that eliminates number 2.

And the apostle John, speaking of those who abandoned the faith in today's passage, clearly eliminates number 1.

So it seems the best answer is that those who are truly saved will persevere in their faith to the end.

But there's a deeper question here: What does it mean to have a
genuine faith?

The Bible is clear that you can be certain of your salvation. In fact, three chapters later, John states that he's writing "that you may know that you have eternal life" (1 John 5:13, emphasis mine).

Jesus preaches that "every healthy tree bears good fruit"
(Matthew 7:17). So when others look at you, do they see the fruit of good works that would indicate that you are spiritually healthy?

Examine yourself constantly and "make your calling and election
sure" (2 Peter 1:10) by living out the grace God has put inside
you! - cross

GOD'S GRACE IN YOU WILL PRODUCE GOOD FRUIT. SO PERSEVERE IN THE FAITH BY LIVING OUT HIS GRACE EACH DAY!

Re: What does 'Born again..' Releasing the Old/ Taking Hold of the Best! [Re: Abigail] #61401
02/10/11 11:21 AM
02/10/11 11:21 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

Releasing the Old--Taking Hold of the Best

BIBLE MEDITATION:

"I will love Thee, O LORD, my strength." Psalm 18:1
-- bible
DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:

Have you ever tried to get a bone away from a dog? It's not too easy, unless you have something better for him. Try offering a T-bone steak, and that dog will drop his bone like a bad habit.

In the same way, the writer of Hebrews tried to encourage the Jewish Christians, new believers who had a tendency to cling to the old customs of the Old Testament, to leave the dry bones of ceremonies and feast upon the delights of the Lord Jesus Christ.

ACTION POINT:

It's a lesson we all must appropriate in our lives. It can become comfortable for us to hold to our traditions, rather than try something new. But friend, there is no one and nothing that can compare with Jesus. You may learn to love Jesus better, but you can never love anything better than Jesus.

Ask God to begin showing you the delights of a close relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.

Re: What does 'Born again..' Salvation is a 'free gift', from God [Re: Abigail] #61491
02/16/11 01:38 PM
02/16/11 01:38 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

Salvation is a Free Gift from God...
Pastor Jack Graham

"For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast."
-- Ephesians 2:8-9 -- bible

There's a feeling among Christians today, I think especially
among American Christians, where they think they need to have some kind of input into their eternal destiny. Part of this comes from the idea of the 'American Dream', which teaches that our own fate is up to us and if we want to make something of ourselves, we need to just work harder to make it happen.

But salvation can't be earned by just working harder. In fact,
it can't be earned at all because it's a gift!

Just imagine if you gave me a gift for Christmas and I pulled out my wallet and asked, "How much do I owe you?" Not only would it insult you, but it would diminish the value of the gift itself.

The grace of God is a gift that can't be paid for by you. God
doesn't want you to pull out your wallet of good works and try
to pay him for saving you (as if you had enough). But he does want you to do good works out of a heart of thankfulness for the grace He's shown you. There's a big difference.

In Christ, every provision has already been made for you and our King has spared no expense. Your and my salvation has been accomplished at the cross, paid for in full by our Savior Jesus Christ. Salvation is not some goal to be achieved. It's a gift to be received. To be a 'gift' you simply must take it.
-- cross
GOOD WORKS CAN NEVER ACHIEVE SALVATION BECAUSE IT IS A FREE GIFT OF GOD.

Re: What does 'Born again... His Love Is Not Normal (human)- [Re: Abigail] #61947
03/16/11 09:30 AM
03/16/11 09:30 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

His Love Is Not Normal
By: Max Lucado ~

“Your love, God, is my song, and I’ll sing it!” Psalm 89:1, (The Message)-

God’s love is not human. His love is not normal. His love sees your sin and loves you still. Does he approve of your error? No.

Do you need to repent? Yes. But do you repent for his sake or yours? Yours. His ego needs no apology. His love needs no bolstering.

And he could not love you more than he does right now.
----
Yes, we all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. The Lord loves the sinner but hates the sin.

When we fall, and we all will, we clain His Word.
1 John 1:9-10 "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous (just), to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteous."
"If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us." - bible

Re: What does 'Born again... / The Only Thing That Will Save You! [Re: Abigail] #62040
03/22/11 12:16 PM
03/22/11 12:16 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

The Only Thing That Will Save You-

BIBLE MEDITATION-
- cross
"Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost." Titus 3:5

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT-

Paul said, "But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ" (Philippians 3:7-8).

What does Paul mean by loss? He means that even good things are bad things if they become a substitute for the best thing. Suppose you are on a plane trip. The plane is going down and you grab your knapsack instead of your parachute and jump out. Is the knapsack bad? No, it's just not the best choice to save your life!

The worst form of badness may be human goodness when that human goodness becomes a substitute for the new birth, found only in the Lord Jesus Christ.

ACTION POINT-

No knapsack full of "works of righteousness" will save you. Cast yourself completely upon the work of redemption--the work of the cross. You cannot add to what Jesus did.
--- jesuslovesyou

Re: What does 'Born again... / Salvation/ Not attainment, BUT Atonement! [Re: Abigail] #62129
03/30/11 10:04 AM
03/30/11 10:04 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-Salvation: Not An Attainment, But An Atonement
By: Adrian Rogers ~

BIBLE MEDITATION-
---- bible
"Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in His blood, to declare His righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; To declare, I say, at this time His righteousness: that He might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus." Romans 3:25-26

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT-

When I was a little boy, I thought that God was like Santa Claus with a long beard sitting up in heaven--making a list and checking it twice, trying to find out if I was naughty or nice. Then when my life was over, I would face Him and He would pull out these massive scales and weigh my good works against my bad to see if I made it into heaven.

Do you know what this thinking did? It made me fearful that at the end of my life I would face God and He would say, "Adrian. I'm sorry, but according to My calculations, you didn't make it." Then, I would have to turn and ashamedly walk past family and friends.

Friend, maybe you even believe this, but let me set the record straight: Salvation is not an attainment, it is an atonement.

ACTION POINT-
You cannot atone for your sins. You good works cannot do it. None of us could produce works good-enough and fast enough to atone for sin. Don't even try. Rest in the finished work of the Cross.-- cross

Re: What does 'Born again... / I'm Living for the Very First Time! [Re: Abigail] #62361
04/11/11 06:25 PM
04/11/11 06:25 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--Jesus said, "I tell you the truth no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again." --JOHN 3:3 - bible

It feels like I'm living

for the very first time..

<http://youtu.be/4m_dP2n-5W8>

Re: What does 'Born again... / I Don't Care Where You've Been [Re: Abigail] #62563
04/22/11 06:51 PM
04/22/11 06:51 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

I Don't care where you've been sleeping

I don't care whose made your bed..

No sin is stronger than my love for you...

Come home to Me...

<http://youtu.be/aGzDz9zIIVk>

--Yes, Jesus hates sin, but he loves the sinner.

Re: What does 'Born again... /What does it mean 'to be saved'? [Re: Abigail] #62967
06/07/11 02:55 PM
06/07/11 02:55 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

Today’s big question: what does it mean to be saved?

Christians hear so much about “salvation” that we often forget what the word even means. Evangelicals especially talk a lot about “getting saved.” But what are we saved from, and why do we need a Savior? Although you probably know the answer, please take time to read on and consider again the great salvation offered to us in Jesus Christ.
-- cross
God cannot and will not tolerate evil. Because God is absolutely good, He must judge those who do wickedness.

This is why David made such a strong statement against sinners, calling on God to pronounce them guilty and cast them out because of all their evil deeds. It is right for a holy God to judge sinners. But wait, Romans 3:23 states that we all have sinned, and Galatians 3:22 says that “the Scripture has confined all under sin.” We all have rebelled against God in our thoughts and actions, and have chosen to trust ourselves rather than His Word.

On our own, we are in a desperate situation because our sin renders us utterly hopeless and entirely incapable of saving ourselves. Even our best works are like filthy rags before God (Isaiah 64:6). Since God is holy, He will not just overlook our sins—they require punishment.

However, praise be to God because He did not leave us to die in our sins! He sent His Son to die to take our punishment for sin. “For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him” (1 Corinthians 5:21). Believers can “ever shout for joy” because God defends us from His wrath by His awesome love in the person of Christ.

We must also remember that salvation is far more than "fire insurance" to keep us from eternal punishment. We are saved not only from the wrath of God but also from bondage to sin. Therefore, “having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end, everlasting life” (Romans 6:22). God saved us to keep us from eternal punishment and to live godly in an unbelieving world. What a wonderful salvation!

Today’s big idea: we are saved from the wrath of God by the Son of God unto the service of God.

What to pray: give highest praise to the Savior and offer yourself to Him now.-- prayer

AiG/ Answers in Genesis/ Ken Ham

Re: What does 'Born again... /- [Re: Abigail] #63985
09/07/11 11:34 AM
09/07/11 11:34 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-Your Position As a Born-Again Believer in God ~

"Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God."
--John 3:3
bible

Someone asked me one time, "Are you a born-again Christian?" And you know what's funny? That's the only kind of Christian there is! If you're not born again, the Bible
says you'll never enter the Kingdom of God. To be a child of
God, you must experience this kind of supernatural rebirth in which you are converted and changed from the inside out.

Becoming a born-again believer isn't just getting a new start; it's getting a new life. It means you are born into the family of God by receiving Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and our Savior.

I often speak with Christians who get confused when they read their Bibles because it sometimes says we're born into the family of God. Yet, other times the Scriptures say that we're adopted in the family of God. Well, adoption in the biblical times meant that person immediately received full standing in the family. It's the same as being born into it!

You and I were orphans. We were alienated and aimless. But God the Father has accepted us into His family! And the reason He did that wasn't because you and I deserved it. It was because He loves us. So remind yourself each day of your full standing in God's family as a born-again believer in Jesus Christ!

AS A BORN-AGAIN BELIEVER IN CHRIST, REMEMBER YOU'VE BEEN GIVEN FULL STANDING IN THE FAMILY OF GOD!
<http://youtu.be/R9q2Ix7A6dM> / SPOKEN FOR! MercyMe

Re: What does 'Born again... /-The Second Birth: Life Eternal [Re: Abigail] #64476
10/17/11 08:29 PM
10/17/11 08:29 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

~~ NEW LIFE IN CHRIST ~~

--The Second Birth: Life Eternal

"Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." --John 3:3 cross

~Changing clothes doesn't change the man. Outward discipline doesn't alter what is within. New habits don't make a new soul. That's not to say that outward change is not good. That is to say that outward change is not enough. If one would see the kingdom, he must be 'born again'.

That phrase, "born again," belongs to Jesus. He first used it when He was talking to Nicodemus. Nicodemus was a good man. A very good man. He was a Pharisee, a religious ruler, a member of the Sanhedrin, one of the decision makers in Jerusalem. No doubt he had been taught and had taught that if you change the outside, you change the inside. He, like Paul, revered the law. He, like Paul, wanted to do right.

But Jesus told him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God" (John 3:3). Nicodemus's response is sincere. He didn't ask why? He asked How?...How is a person born again?

To get an idea, think back to your own birth. Put the VCR of your days in reverse, and pause at your first moments. Look at yourself. Brand-new. New hands. New eyes. New mouth. No pre-owned parts. All original material.

Now tell me, who gave you these parts? Who gave you eyes so you could see? Who gave you hands so you could work? Who gave you feet that you could walk? Did you make your own eyes? Your own hands? Your own feet?

No, you made nothing; God made everything. He was the one who made everything new the first time, and he is the one who makes everything new the second. The Creator creates again! "If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new!" (2 Corinthians 5:17)

Here is (dare I say it?) the greatest miracle of God. It is astounding when God heals the body. It is extraordinary when God hears the prayer...But none of these compares to when God creates new life.

At our new birth God remakes our souls and gives us what we need, again. New eyes so we can see by faith. A new mind so we can have the mind of Christ. New strength so we won't grow tired. A new vision so we won't lose heart. A new voice for praise and new hands for service. And most of all, a new heart. A heart that has been cleansed by Christ.

And, oh, how we need it. We have soiled what He gave us the first time. We have used our eyes to see impurity, our hands to give pain, our feet to walk the wrong path, our minds to think evil thoughts. All of us need to be made new again.

The first birth was for earthly life; the second one is for eternal life. The first time we received a physical heart; the second time we receive a spiritual heart. The first birth enabled us to have life on earth. The second birth enables us to have life eternal.

--(from A Gentle Thunder by Max Lucado)~~

Question: How do you know for certain that you are born again and will have everlasting life?

Re: What does 'Born again... /-The Second Birth: Life Eternal [Re: Abigail] #64538
10/21/11 09:51 AM
10/21/11 09:51 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-The Death of Self
-MATTHEW 16:24-26

"If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me."
--- bible

-Jesus Christ was obedient to the point of death (Phil. 2:8). While some Christians alive today may be called upon to give up their life for the glory of God, most believers won't face martyrdom.

Human beings are an independent lot. We want things our way, in our time, on our terms. But Jesus said that anyone who wanted to follow Him must deny him- or herself (Matt. 16:24a). Of course, that covers obvious issues like sinful habits and evil thoughts. But it also means we at times decline good things because they come at the wrong time or don't fit God's plan.

To an outside observer, the Christian's commitment to obey must seem strange, especially when hands emptied by self-denial take up a cross instead (v. 24b). Sometimes following the Lord involves suffering. What bystanders can't see or experience is the deep satisfaction believers gain from doing what is right.

Jesus once said, "My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me and to accomplish His work" (John 4:34). As food is to the body, so obedience is to the soul and spirit. Working for God nourishes, energizes, strengthens, and enlightens

Re: What does 'Born again... /-The Second Birth: Life Eternal [Re: Abigail] #65512
01/12/12 07:35 PM
01/12/12 07:35 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.
-2 Corinthians 5:17
bible

Augustine, the famed theologian and philosopher, was a very carnal young man, often frequenting houses of prostitution. So when he came to know Christ as his Savior, he was dramatically transformed and changed by the power of God.

One day he was walking down one of the streets in his home town and a shady lady that he had known previously was standing on the street corner. She saw Augustine and
said, "Augustine! Augustine! It is
I!" So Augustine immediately turned the other direction and said, "Yes, but it is not I."

You see, when you become a believer in Christ, you are radically changed from the inside out. That's because Jesus takes your sin away, liberating you from its bondage, and has given you the Spirit of God to live inside of you. The result is that your old self is dead and your new self enables you to live a life pleasing to God.

God can give you a new heart and a new life if you're in Christ. And as a Christian, you can make a commitment to holiness and godliness because of that new life. So if you've been made new in Christ, live your life focused on bringing glory to Him!

IN CHRIST, GOD HAS TAKEN AWAY YOUR OLD SELF AND GIVEN YOU A NEW LIFE.
SO LIVE YOUR LIFE IN FREEDOM FROM THE BONDAGE OF SIN AND GIVE THE GLORY TO GOD!

--Jack Graham

Re: What does 'Born again... /--Just As I am [Re: Abigail] #65718
02/06/12 11:06 AM
02/06/12 11:06 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-Just As I Am

-BIBLE MEDITATION

"To the praise of the glory of His grace, wherein He hath made us accepted in the beloved." Ephesians1:6

-DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:

Do you have a "know-so" salvation? What I mean is, do you know that you are saved and have the assurance that if you died tonight, you'd spend eternity with the Lord in heaven?

Many folks don't have that assurance, and in some cases it is not a spiritual problem. It is a psychological problem. They cannot accept the fact that God has accepted them.

Charlotte Elliott penned these words to a timeless hymn of assurance:

"Just as I am, without one plea,
But that Thy blood was shed for me,
And that Thou biddest me come to Thee,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come!" cross

You are accepted just as you are. It is all grace.

-ACTION POINT:

Find the hymn "Just As I Am" and sing it to the Lord. Make it your song throughout the day when Satan tries to make you doubt God's love and eternal gift of salvation.

<http://youtu.be/qOnBFGAevks>

Re: What does 'Born again... /-The Second Birth: Life Eternal [Re: Abigail] #66498
04/03/12 01:42 PM
04/03/12 01:42 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--"I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers, that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of him, having the eyes of your hearts enlightened, that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints."
---(Ephesians 1:16-18)
angelwing

I know so many people today who know all about the Bible. They’ve heard Sunday school lessons their entire lives. They know the Bible stories; they know the personalities of Scripture; they know about the death, the burial, the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Yet they’ve never been born again.

These people are spiritually blind. They have no spiritual discernment. They are an example of the natural man the apostle Paul talks about… those who have no understanding of the Word of God (Romans 3:9-11). And as a result, they may gain a surface understanding of a few spiritual principles of the Bible, yet they will never really grasp the full meaning and significance of this powerful book.

On the other hand, there are those whose eyes have been opened to God’s life-giving truth that’s found in the Scriptures. They love the things of God. Yes, time in the Word takes discipline for them, but they truly do relish in God’s precepts.

The point is this: If you want to really understand God’s Word… if you want your eyes to be opened to what He has to say… you have to be renewed in your mind. So place your faith in Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins and allow God’s Spirit of truth to dwell in you!

-SCRIPTURE CAN ONLY BE TRULY UNDERSTOOD WITH THE SPIRIT AS YOUR GUIDE. SO IF YOU HAVEN’T BEEN BORN AGAIN, TRUST IN JESUS CHRIST AND GOD’S SPIRIT OF TRUTH WILL LIVE INSIDE OF YOU!

--Jack Graham

Re: What does 'Born again... /-Don't Quit! [Re: Abigail] #66595
04/12/12 09:18 AM
04/12/12 09:18 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
-Don’t Quit!

“For everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith." (1 John 5:4) angelwing

Whatever you do, don’t quit! The Christian race isn’t a jog—it’s a demanding and grueling, sometimes agonizing race.

God never promises to remove us from our struggles. He does promise, however, to change the way we look at them.

The apostle Paul dedicates a paragraph to listing trash bags: trash bags of troubles, problems, sufferings, hunger, nakedness, danger, and violent death. These are the very dumpsters of difficulty we hope to escape. Paul states their value. He said in Romans 8:37, “In all these things we have full victory through God.”

We’d prefer another preposition! We’d opt for “apart from all these things,” or “away from all these things,” or even “without all these things!” But Paul says, In all these things.”

The solution is not to avoid trouble but to change the way we see our troubles. God can correct your outlook and expectations!
---
Our Lord didn't give up on us. He suffered a horrendous death, so that we might live through Him and with Him, one day. Please don't let the devil convince you that the world is the only way. That's a lie straight from Hell. The ONLY WAY, is JESUS CHRIST! Call on Him and He will help you IN your troubles. He may not deliver you from them, but HE WILL CARRY YOU THROUGH THEM!~

Re: What does 'Born again..' mean?/ The God Who Saves [Re: Abigail] #66686
04/18/12 08:27 AM
04/18/12 08:27 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-The God Who Saves
-Ephesians 2:8-9 (recommended reading)

Recently I was talking with a fellow about his spiritual life. When I asked, "Are you saved?" he answered, "No, but I'm working at it." When I pressed him, he explained that he was making some changes in his life. He had given up smoking and drinking, among other things. I knew that I should help him understand a few important principles, as his only guarantee so far was better health.

What this gentleman needed to realize was that what we do or what we give up for Jesus doesn't amount to much. The Lord isn't looking for people who change a few habits by sheer force of will; He's calling people to surrender themselves to Him. The only action God expects of a "seeker" is to believe in Jesus--that He is who He says, He will do what He says, He has the authority to forgive, and He will equip His people to live a godly life. Because of those convictions, a new Christian is empowered to turn away from his old life--in other words, to repent--and begin the process of becoming "a new creation" (2 Cor. 5:17).

We don't evolve into a saved people by deleting old habits and instituting better religious ones; we are transformed by the saving power of Jesus Christ when we believe in Him.

Since salvation isn't something we earn, no one can boast before God. All of our moral living, good deeds, and strenuous efforts to change bad habits amount to a pile of trash compared to the holiness of Jesus Christ (Isa. 64:6). Only His righteousness can cover our sins and make us right before the Father.

--In Touch

Re: What does 'Born again..' mean?/ The God Who Saves [Re: Abigail] #66777
04/24/12 09:31 AM
04/24/12 09:31 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
-Surprise!

“No one has ever seen this, and no one has ever heard about it. No one has ever imagined what God has prepared for those who love him. (Isaiah 64:4)” angelwing

For my birthday recently, Denalyn planned a surprise family evening at a restaurant. I knew about the restaurant part, but not about the half dozen families joining us.

It had been a lazy day and I wasn’t all that eager to go out, so I suggested we postpone dinner. Boy, was I surprised! My family made it clear. We were going out to eat. Not only that, we were leaving on time.

My attitude was “why hurry?” My daughters’ attitude was “hurry up!” Why the big deal? Only when we arrived did it all make sense.

-Surprise!

They knew what I hadn’t. They knew about the party—and they did everything necessary to make sure I didn’t miss it.

Jesus does the same for us. He knows about the party. Jesus is happiest when the lost are found. For him, no moment is greater than the moment of salvation!
--Max Lucado

-------
Many people do not understand what the "big deal" is to 'be saved.' They do not even know what 'saved' means. Saved from what? Saved from spending eternity in hell. 'Born again' and 'Saved', are interchangeable words. The Lord Jesus came to earth and took all our sins upon Himself and nailed them to the Cross, to show us the way to eternal savation. So great! Now what's the problem? To be saved you must accept His free gift, and say a 'sinners prayer'.

God is real. Heaven is postively real. and Hell is also a real place of torment. You can not block it out of your mind. You are reading these words, and I am giving you (not my), God's Word.

"That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the Scripture says, 'Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.'" (Romans 10:9-11) bible

There is NO OTHER WAY. Jesus paid the price for YOU, and for me. All He asks in return is a sincere repentance and acknowledgement that JESUS IS LORD!

You may not be here tomorrow. Won't you please come to the Savior, Lord Jesus Christ. He stands waiting with open arms ready to forgive you and give you new life, in Him.
-------
One last thing, Lynn and I do NOT HAVE RELIGION. We both have the Lord Jesus Christ. There are thousands of religions. But there is only ONE CHRIST JESUS.
"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." (Acts 4:12)

Re: What does 'Born again..' mean?/ Radically New [Re: Abigail] #67345
06/07/12 01:38 PM
06/07/12 01:38 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-Radically New
-Ephesians 4:17-32

"You were taught...to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness." (Ephesians 4:22,24)
--- cross ---
Christians are radically different people. To the very center of my being, I am a new person, radically changed from the person I was before I knew Jesus Christ. The Bible describes just how drastically different I am. It's almost like the "before-and-after" ads from weight-loss that you've seen in magazines or newspapers, and on TV.

I once was dead but now am alive (Ephesians 2:5). I used to be the picture of darkness but now am light (Ephesians 5:8). Formerly I was under the dominion of darkness but now am part of the kingdom of God's Son (Colossians 1:13). Origianally a child of the devil, now I am child of God (1 John 3:10).

I am a new creation in Christ, created to be like Him, bearing the family likeness. Yet I bear it in an imperfect body, what the Bible sometimes calls "the flesh." So while I am radically new, I am not totally new. The flesh--prone to sin--fights me every step of the way. But thanks be to God, He has made provision for my victory through Jesus and His Spirit at work in me.
------
star[We must beware at all times, however, because the devil "is out to kill, to steal and to destroy." We must watch what we allow to enter our minds. It is true that the hardest battle for Christians to 'win over' is "the mind.Does God's Word instruct us in this matter?

Yes! "If you then have been risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sits on the right hand of God.
"Set your mind on the things above, not on things on the earth.
"For your life is now hidden with Christ in God the Father."
--Colossians 3:1-3
]

--'Father, Help me daily to walk by the Spirit so that I might live to please you at all times, in Jesus Name. Amen."
--Haven Today (additional verses added)

Re: What does 'Born again..' mean?/ Newness of Life! [Re: Abigail] #67930
07/30/12 08:00 PM
07/30/12 08:00 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-Your Virtual Reality--Newness of Life!

-BIBLE MEDITATION:
"We are buried with Him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life." Romans 6:4 angelwing

-DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
I was in an airport one day looking for something to pass the time. I saw a virtual reality motorcycle ride. I sat down and buckled my seat belt as instructed. The screen came on and I couldn't believe it. cool I felt like I was riding a motorcycle, but I was just sitting in a room!

Sometimes our mind tells us something is true when it's not true. Other times when something is true, we fail to believe that it is true!

How critical it is for us to focus on the truth! Jesus died for you. He lives for you. You died with Him. You live for Him. Day by day, you need to take those facts and turn them into faith.

-ACTION POINT:
-Tell yourself this truth today. Write it down. Post it all around you! You are buried with Him. You rose with Him. You can walk in newness of life!
If you have accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of your life, He will change you. Don't think you must wait until you change. He is the One who does the changing. Come to Him now.....He's calling out to you, in that still small voice.

---

Re: What does 'Born again..' mean?/ Clean Before the Lord [Re: Abigail] #68821
10/20/12 11:34 AM
10/20/12 11:34 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-Clean Before the Lord

-BIBLE MEDITATION:
"Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow." Psalm 51:7

-DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
I heard of a missionary whose wife was very fastidious. They moved into a small hut, and soon she noticed that the floor was filthy. The first thing the wife wanted to do was to scrub that floor, so she scrubbed and scrubbed but to no avail. She began to wonder if she would ever get the floor clean. Finally, somebody told her the problem. It was a dirt floor! The more she scrubbed the more dirt she scrubbed up.

In the same way, we can never scrub off our sinful nature. All we do is reveal more of what is there.

I hate to tell you this, but we're rotten to the core.

Jesus said, "Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God" (John 3:3).

-ACTION POINT:
How dirty are you this morning? How clean must you be before you can talk with your heavenly Father? Claim the blood of Jesus and commune freely with your Father who loves you.

Re: What does 'Born again..' mean?/ Born of God [Re: Abigail] #68978
11/02/12 02:02 PM
11/02/12 02:02 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--Born of God

bible "If ye know that He is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of Him." (1 John 2:29)

This is the first of seven occurrences of the phrase "born of God," or "born of him," in the little epistle of First John. If anyone wishes to know how to recognize one who has truly been "born again," these seven descriptors are available for that purpose.

The first such test, in our text, is that such a person is one "that doeth righteousness." The second and third are found in 1 John 3:9: "Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God." That is, he will not practice sin because God’s own nature has been implanted in him.

Another evidence is genuine love. "Love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God" (1 John 4:7). Still another is genuine faith in Christ, which in turn produces genuine love. "Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him" (1 John 5:1).

Those who are truly born again will not be permanently defeated by the world. "For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?" (1 John 5:4-5).

Finally, "We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not" (1 John 5:18).

The term "born again" is being used very loosely these days, and we need to realize that true regeneration is a permanent, life-transforming miracle accomplished by God Himself in a believer’s life.
--ICR/HMM/ LET'S LIFT UP THE NAME OF JESUS!
-Be Lifted High!

Re: What does 'Born again..' mean? [Re: Abigail] #70035
02/13/13 11:19 AM
02/13/13 11:19 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-ZEALOUS AND RESOLVED!
--Philippians 3:7-21

"I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." (Phil. 3:14)-
--- bible
Saul, the young man who was to become the Apostle Paul, knew what it was to strive to please God by fulfilling requirements of the religion in which he'd been raised. He vigorously opposed anything that was outside of his system of beliefs. All that was so important to him fell away when he met the Risen Christ. He had studied about God. But then he met his living Lord Jesus.

The religion that once had spawned Saul's hatred and persecution of those who did not conform took on a whole new dimension. The truths he had studied now came alive. He had met the One the prophets foretold, and his life was filled with joy and purpose. All that mattered was to know Christ and complete God's assignment. Until his death, Paul loved and served his Lord Jesus wholeheartedly.

God has a plan for each of us, too. How it unfolds may be as surprising and dramatic as the changes that came for Saul. On the other hand, His plan may be more subtle in our lives, unfolding with each New Year and drawing us closer to Jesus.
-----
-To know and serve the Lord Jesus gives meaning and purpose to life.
--Haven Today
[The experience Paul had is explained in John 3:3. "Jesus answered and said to him, "Truly, Truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God."
This is a new spiritual change in one's life. We go from following the worldly ways of sin, to desiring the spiritual ways to the Kingdom of God. Jesus invites everyone, "All who are thirsty, come and drink of the water of Life freely."
Jesus is that free gift. And He offers it to "ALL WHO WILL, COME"/ All Who Are Thirsty!
----

Re: What does 'Born again..' mean? / (Strength to Stand) [Re: Abigail] #70334
03/12/13 10:06 AM
03/12/13 10:06 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-STRENGTH TO STAND
-By: David Wilkerson

[May 19, 1931 - April 27, 2011]

The Bible says that the joy of the Lord is our strength. Without it, we have no power to stand. Beloved, we must be on guard, because guilt and condemnation over sin absolutely destroy the joy of the Lord!

Many Christians are in this bondage right now. They fail to accept full and free pardon and believe they have no right to be joyful. Throughout Scripture, God pours out His oil of gladness on those who have learned to hate their sin and love His righteousness. That's what the Word says of Jesus: "Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows" (Hebrews 1:9)People who have laid down their sins and are walking with the Lord may have a struggle that is yet unsettled. But there is such a drawing toward the Lord in them, such a hunger, that the outcome is inevitable: they will have joy!

Suppose Jesus appears in the flesh, dressed as an ordinary man, and sits next to you. A wounded, defeated Christian, wearing a look of gloom, guilt, condemnation and fear, you fail to recognize Him as He begins to talk to you: cross

"Do you really love the Lord?" He asks.
You probably would answer, "Very much so!"
"You've sinned, haven't you?"
"Y-y-yes," you answer.
"Do you believe He forgives all who confess and turn from their sin?"
"Yes, but . . . I'm sorry, sir. I believe I've hurt my Savior, truly wounded Him."
"If you’ve confessed, why haven't you received His
forgiveness??"
"I've done it so many times!"
"Do you believe He will forgive 499 times—each time you confess and repent?"
"Yes."
"Do you hate your sin? Do you still want Him?"
"Oh, yes!"
"Then why are you letting the devil rob you of the victory of the cross, the power of the blood of the Lamb? Why aren't you appropriating His joy and looking up?"

Beloved, don't quit and give up your joy in the Lord. You have a right to praise Him—to sing, shout and be happy in the Lord—because you have a Father who forgives! -------
--- crackthebook
-Memorize 1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." That's Jesus' promise to YOU!
---

Re: What does 'Born again..' mean? / Open Arms [Re: Abigail] #70378
03/16/13 10:13 AM
03/16/13 10:13 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
--OPEN ARMS!

-Luke 15:11-24
---
When he was still
a great way off, his
father saw him and
had compassion, and
ran and fell on his
neck and kissed him.
--Luke 15:20
- bible
---
-AT the funeral of former US First Lady Betty Ford, her son Steven said, "She was the one with the love and the comfort, and she was the first one there to put her arms around you. Nineteen years ago when I went through my alcoholism, my mother...gave me one of the greatest gifts, and that was how to surrender to God, and to accept the grace of God in my life. And truly in her arms I felt like the prodigal son coming home, and I felt God's love through her. And that was a good gift."

Jesus' parable about a young man who asked for and squandered his inheritance and then in humiliation returned home leaves us amazed at his father's response: "When he was still a great way off, his father saw him and had compassion, and ran and fell on his neck and kissed him" (Luke 15:20. Instead of a lecture or punishment, the father expressed love and forgiveness by giving him a party. Why? Because "this my son was dead and is alive again; he was lost an is found" (v.24).

Steven Ford concluded his tribute with the words, "Thank you, Mom, for loving us, loving your husband, loving us kids, loving the Nation, with the heart of God."

May God enable us to open our arms to others just as His are open wide to all who turn to Him.
------
-FORGIVEN SINNERS KNOW LOVE AND SHOW LOVE. SHARE THE LOVE OF CHRIST WITH SOMEONE TODAY. ~~
--ODB/DM

Re: What does 'Born again..' mean? / To Be Saved? [Re: Abigail] #70445
03/25/13 10:55 AM
03/25/13 10:55 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--An Eternal Holy Calling

"Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began." (2 Timothy 1:9) crackthebook

There appears to be an apparent conflict between God's salvation, which was determined "before the world began," and our present need to persuade men to believe the gospel (2 Corinthians 5:11). Jesus urged whoever was burdened to "come unto me" (Matthew 11:28), while insisting He had chosen His disciples rather than the other way around (John 15:16). Scripture often expresses this paradox.

Ephesians 2:8-9 states that our salvation is "not of works" but comes to us by the grace of God through faith--and even that faith is God's gift.
Few would argue that salvation is some sort of cooperative work between God and man, since there is no question that our salvation is not due to our efforts. Many passages verify that teaching.

Today's text insists that our salvation was "according to his own purpose and grace." Our salvation must meet the requirements set by God's standards. Just what does that demand?

God must be holy and just while justifying the ungodly (Romans 3:36). His holiness cannot be compromised. Thus the incarnate and sinless Redeemer had to be sacrificed in order to reconcile sinful man with a holy God (2 Corinthians 5:21 and Revelation 13:8). Then the absolute sequence of redemption through grace had to be determined for those "who are the called according to his purpose" (Romans 8:28 and 1 Peter 1:2).

The result of the sacrifice and the sequence had to be fixed so that the redeemed would be "conformed to the image of his Son" (Romans 8:29). cross Praise God for His "unspeakable gift" (2 Corinthians 9:15).

-ICR/ HMM III
[What does it mean to be "saved", or born-again"? They both mean the same thing. When you give your life to Christ, He helps you to "change", from the inside out. You can not do this on your own. This is an eternal work of the Creator, Jesus Christ. The Holy Spirit is the Convicter of sin. We all have sinned and fall short of the Lord's glory. Ask Jesus to come into your heart today, believing that He is your Savior and Lord. He will not turn you away, when you pray a sincere prayer of repentance, and surrended to His Way. The Lord has called us with a holy calling, and we receive that 'free gift' in Christ Jesus, as an act of faith.]

Re: What does 'Born again..' mean? [Re: Abigail] #70447
03/25/13 11:57 AM
03/25/13 11:57 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--Just for You

What is the fruit of sin? Step into the briar patch of humanity and feel a few thistles. Shame. Fear. Disgrace. Discouragement. Anxiety. Haven’t our hearts been caught in these brambles?

The heart of Jesus, however, had not. He had never been cut by the thorns of sin. What you and I face daily—he never knew. He never worried. He was never guilty. He never knew the fruit of sin until he became sin for us. And when he did—all the emotions of sin tumbled in on him like shadows in a forest. He felt anxious, guilty, and alone. Can you not hear the emotion in his prayer?

“My God, my God, why have you abandoned me?” This prayer is one of the most remarkable parts of his coming. But there’s something even greater! He did it for you…just for you!

“He himself bore our sins in his body on the cross, cross so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed.” (I Peter 2:24).

Re: What does 'Born again..' mean? [Re: Abigail] #72202
09/06/13 11:07 AM
09/06/13 11:07 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--THE KEY TO UNLOCKING GOD'S WORD~
- ----bible
"I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers, that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of him, having the eyes of your hearts enlightened...." (Ephesians 1:16-18a

-I know so many people today who know all about the Bible. They've heard Sunday school lessons their entire lives. They know the Bible stories; they know the personalities of Scriptures they know about the death, the burial, the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Yet they have never been 'born again'.

These people are spiritually blind. They have no spiritual discernment. They are an example of the natural man the apostle Paul talks about...those who have no understanding of the Word of God (Romans 3:9-11). AND as a result, they may gain a surface understanding of a few spiritual principles of the Bible, YET they will never really grasp the full meaning and significance of this powerful book, the Holy Bible.

On the other hand, there are those whose eyes have been opened to God's life-giving truth that's found in the Scriptures. They love the things of God. Yes, time in the Word takes discipline for them, but they truly do relish in God's precepts.

The point is this:'If you want to really understand God's Word...if you want your eyes to be opened to what He has to say...'YOU HAVE TO BE RENEWED IN YOUR MIND".

So place your faith in Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins and allow God's Spirit of truth to dwell in you! There will be a change in the company you keep. You will desire to do the things in the Holy Bible. You may even need to change your 'group of friends', and get those who can edify you in the faith. When you are 'born again', YOU ARE A NEW PERSON IN CHRIST.

-SCRIPTURE CAN ONLY BE TRULY UNDERSTOOD WITH THE SPIRIT AS YOUR GUIDE. SO IF YOU HAVEN'T BEEN BORN AGAIN, TRUST IN JESUS CHRIST AND GOD'S SPIRIT OF TRUTH WILL LIVE INSIDE OF YOU! [JOHN 3:3/ I recommend reading John 3:1-15) ~

--PP/Jack Graham

Re: What does 'Born again..' mean? / To be 'Saved'? [Re: Abigail] #72774
10/22/13 11:38 AM
10/22/13 11:38 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
--What Does it Mean to be "Born Again?" or "Saved"?
--- crackthebook
"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."
--(2 Corinthians 5:17)

-When you surrender your life to Christ, you let go and let God take control of your life. You follow His Word, the Bible. You are now a new creation in Christ, and you are SAVED. Saved from what? You are saved from eternal Hell with Satan. You belong to a new kingdom, the Kingdom of God. You have changed addresses. This is a 'CHANGE' and 'CHOICE' that each person must make for themselves. Have you called out to Jesus to SAVE YOU, and to become your LORD AND SAVIOR? He will if you sincerely repent and confess that you are a sinner in need of a Savior. ~~
-------------
-THE RULES OF
DISENGAGEMENT

--Genesis 50:15-21
--John 8:31-36
------
IN her book 'Throw Out Fifty Things', Gail Blanke outlines four "Rules of Disengagement" to help people clear the clutter from their lives The first rule states: If it....weighs you down, clogs you up, or just plain makes you feel bad abut yourself, throw it out, give it away, sell it, let it go, move on."

I think this Rule of Disengagement has a spiritual application too: We don't have to stay connected to past sin. Joseph's brothers struggled with this. Years after they sold Joseph into slavery, they recalled their cruelty and feared revenge (Gen. 50:15). So they sent a message to Joseph, begging for forgiveness (vv.16-17). They did this despite previous merciful action and reassurances from their brother (45:4-15).

Many of us remain connected to age-old offenses despite mercy and forgiveness from those we may have hurt. However, true freedom comes when we confess our wrongdoing to God. He forgives it (1 John 1:9) and separates us from it (Ps. 103:12). As one verse puts it, 'He throws our sin into the depths of the sea! (Micah 7:19). Because of this, we can remind ourselves that 'the Son has made us free, and we are free indeed.' horray (John 8:36)
-------------
--The price of our freedom from sin was paid by Jesus' blood!
--CRY OUT TO JESUS, our LORD and SAVIOR!
<http://youtu.be/zLEYgEDpl_g>
------------

Re: What does 'Born again..' mean? / To be 'Saved'? [Re: Abigail] #72890
10/30/13 02:15 PM
10/30/13 02:15 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--SAFE TO BELIEVE!

--"If we have been united with Him like this in His death, we will certainly also be united with Him in His resurrection. For we know that our old self was crucified with Him so that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin--because anyone who has died has been freed from sin." [Dead to Sin, Alive in Christ]/ (Romans 6:5-7)~~

~~~Don't you love that sentence? "It was the signal of the end of death-as-the-end." The resurrection is an exploding flare announcing to all sincere seekers that it is safe to believe. Safe to believe in ultimate justice. Safe to believe in eternal bodies. Safe to believe in Heaven as our Estate and the earth as its porch. Safe to believe in a time when questions won't keep us awake and pain won't keep us down. Safe to believe in open graves and endless days and genuine praise.
Because we can accept the resurrection story, it is safe to accept the rest of the story.
JESUS IS ALIVE!

--When Christ Comes/ML/ WHO AM I/ CASTING CROWNS
<http://youtu.be/Pt7OZyBj5Ik>

Re: What does 'Born again..' mean? / To be 'Saved'? [Re: Abigail] #74254
04/07/14 09:55 AM
04/07/14 09:55 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member
--How You Can Be Spiritually Transformed/ -(ie-'Born-Again')

'Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
----John 3:3

-I just love the springtime. The flowers are blossoming, the trees are budding, and the grass is getting green. But my favorite part of springtime is that baseball season is here. The snap of the leather… the crack of the bat… that’s my favorite part of spring!

Spring symbolizes new life. And as much as I love baseball, I love even more seeing someone receive new life in Jesus Christ. As we look at what happens when someone steps into a relationship with Jesus, it’s so much more than turning over a new leaf. It’s like being born all over again. It’s absolutely revolutionary!

The new birth we receive in Christ isn’t just a new psychological experience or a different way of thinking. It’s not behavior modification nor a religious awakening. Being 'born again' means you receive the very life of Christ in you.

You can’t receive Christ without being changed. When you’re born again, you’re transformed from the inside out. So as you see trees turning green and flowers blooming this spring, let it be a reminder to you that if you’re in Christ, spring has come into your heart and your new life is blooming each and every day!

-LET CHRIST TRANSFORM YOU FROM THE INSIDE OUT THROUGH THE NEW LIFE HE GIVES YOU EVERY DAY.

--PP/JG - / BORN AGAIN-- THIRD DAY
<http://youtu.be/WHnIJWUGQ-4>
---------

Re: What does 'Born again..' mean? [Re: Abigail] #74398
04/22/14 02:19 PM
04/22/14 02:19 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---New Life, a New Creation in Christ

--BIBLE MEDITATION:
“For with Thee is the fountain of life: in Thy light shall we see light.” Psalm 36:9 bible

--DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
Jesus had a life that the grave could not keep. While He carried your sins to the grave and left them there, Jesus came out of that grave living, risen, and victorious!

When Jesus rose, you rose with Him. Christians are not just nice people, they are 'new creatures'. We have the same power that raised Jesus Christ from the dead. We have come out of the grave of the old life. Our old master has no more hold on us. The old debt has no more penalty that we have to pay.

When Jesus came out of that grave, we came out with Him and we have been raised to walk in newness of life.

--ACTION POINT:
Are you walking around in the grave clothes of your old life? Shed them, my friend! Jesus came to give you new life! Believe that you are now a new creation in Christ!

--Adrian Rogers~~

Re: What does 'Born again..' mean? [Re: Abigail] #76002
10/11/14 04:59 PM
10/11/14 04:59 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--Are You Praying the Wrong Prayer?

“And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.” - Matthew 16:19

Many of us who are praying for our unsaved friends, family, and neighbors are directing our prayers in the wrong way. We are saying, “Oh God, help them to see.” But they are blind—they cannot see! 2 Corinthians 4:3-4 explains: “But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.”

We must first bind the blinder. We’re not in a battle of flesh and blood. We are in a battle with Satan himself, and we will never rob his house until we first bind him.

--'In Jesus Name we cast out all spirits of darkness of the devil, in ________, (person's name). Jesus, we loose the Spirit of love, joy, peace, patience, gentleness, faithfulness, and temperance in ________(person's name) so they can be born from above, of the Spirit of the living Jehovah Rapha, El-Shaddai, Jehovah Yahweh. (JR=our healer God), ES=the Almighty God, JY= Our loving, Convenant-keeping God.
Lord, Your names reveal Your character. Thank you, Lord, for the assurance that You are faithful to Your Name. Please 'open the (spiritual) eyes of our loved ones that are not saved, so they will see YOU!, In Christ's Name. AMEN' prayer

Re: What does 'Born again..' mean? [Re: Abigail] #76617
12/09/14 12:38 PM
12/09/14 12:38 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---The Right to Enter Paradise
--Read | Revelation 21:22-22:7

--"I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple." bible
"Behold, I am coming soon! Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy in this book."

--Death is inevitable. The thief on the cross knew when his would occur, but most of us can’t predict our own. Following his death, the crucified criminal went to live in paradise with Jesus. Some of us will also live eternally in God’s presence, but others will experience everlasting torment, forever separated from Him.

If we trust Jesus as Savior, our penalty for sin is paid, we are adopted into God’s family, and Heaven is our eternal home. But if we reject Jesus, we remain alienated from the Lord and under condemnation for our sin, destined to face eternal judgment.. God will not listen to any excuses, as there is no acceptable defense for unbelief (Acts 4:12)..

Become part of God’s family today by acknowledging your sinfulness and expressing your faith in words similar to these: “God, I have sinned against You—I've followed my own way and refused to give You the right to rule in my life (Rom. 3:10-12, 23). I recognize that I am separated from You and cannot rescue myself. I believe that Jesus Christ is Your Son. I accept that His death on the cross paid my sin debt in full, and I ask You to forgive me of my sins (1 Cor. 15:3-4; 1 John 1:9). By faith, I receive Jesus as my personal Savior from this moment on.” If you just spoke to God this way, then, like the thief on the cross, you have received salvation, a gift of God’s grace.

The heavenly Father welcomes every person who comes to Him through His Son, regardless of background, age, or current situation. Through Jesus, the right to enter paradise is yours!
--IN TOUCH~~
"There is no other name given among men whereby we must be saved." JESUS SAVES! No Buddha, no New Age, No Hindu, No Islam, No ESP, No Religious People. Jesus is a Person and wants a personal relationship with His followers. When you are born again, He comes into your life and changes you from the inside out. He does all the work. You can not save yourself. "Jesus is the Door, Jesus is the Key, Jesus is the only way to the Father."
Come to Jesus and live eternally, please do not put it off this day. You may not be here tomorrow. Then it will be too late. If you know people who are not saved, please pass this message on to them. 'God is not willing that any should perish but that all will come to the saving knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ.'
/YOU [JESUS], RAISE ME UP/ SELAH
----
<http://youtu.be/2DorNUsi5LE>
------------

Re: What does 'Born again..' mean? / Saved! [Re: Abigail] #77091
01/29/15 11:59 AM
01/29/15 11:59 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---What Is Salvation?

“Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God.” - 1 John 5:1

---What is salvation? Not a creed. You say, “Well, I believe the plan of salvation.” You can believe the plan of salvation and go straight to hell. You’re not saved by the plan of salvation, you’re saved by the Man of salvation, Jesus Christ.

Salvation is not a creed. It’s not a code. You say, “Well, I believe if you live right you’ll go to heaven.” If you could be saved by living right, then Calvary was a blunder. It’s not a cause.. You say, “I’m a member of a good, fundamental, Bible believing church.” It’s not any of these things. It’s Christ.

Salvation is not believing something, it is receiving Someone. The true gospel is one that centers in Jesus Christ.

Ask God to give you a divine opportunity to boldly share Jesus with someone today. Maybe it’s a co-worker, maybe it’s your child. Maybe it’s a stranger that sits next to you at a restaurant. Be strong and of good courage, God will go before you to prepare the way.

--PP/JG
[For whoever is reading this, please know this is the Holy Spirit talking to you, through Pastor Graham. Many people do not believe they must 'BE' anything to go to Heaven. The 'BEING' is in CHRIST. When you accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior, and ask Him to come live through you, you must surrender all your worldly 'things'. Jesus is Lord, Creator, and Maker of all things. (Colossians 1:1-20)
He loves you so much that He died on the Cross of Calvary to keep you out of Hell. There is no such thing as just disappearing. "The soul that sinneth, it shall die." We are all spiritual beings. Our Spirits will live on forever. Either in Heaven or separate from our Maker, Jehovah God.

There is a real Heaven and real Hell. There is no reincarnation. He leaves the 'choice' up to you. He will not force Himself on anyone. But He calls out to everyone, "All who are thirsty, let Him come and drink of the water of life, freely. Come unto Me, all that are weak and heavy laden and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of Me. You will find rest for your souls. There is no 'peace' apart from Christ. He is the Prince of Peace.

He is calling all who are willing, to come to Him and live eternally. Won't you please take that step of 'faith' and receive His 'free gift'. It wasn't free for Him, He had to die in order for you to live. May the Lord Jesus direct your hearts and minds. "Search for Me and I will be found by you, if you search for Me with all your hearts." ~~]
-/ I NEED YOU MORE ~ KIM Walker

<http://youtu.be/C6rS_V0TTeY>
------------

Re: What does 'Born again..' mean? / Saved! [Re: Abigail] #77337
02/19/15 12:07 PM
02/19/15 12:07 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--What Does Born-Again Mean?

---IT MEANS YOU ARE SAVED! Saved from going to hell. Saved to spend eternity with Jesus Christ and all others who have 'accepted' His free gift of salvation.

----
"That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."
---- (Romans 10:9,10).

"Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name,
that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth,
and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."
--Philippians 2:9-11~~

--Heaven is real! Jesus is right now at the right hand of Father God interceeding for His saints.
'Call on the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved.'

Jehovah God does not force Himself on anyone. He leaves that 'choice' up to you. Please do not let another day pass if you have not surrendered your life to Jesus Christ. He died so that you can have eternal life with Him.
"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.
And I give them eternal life,and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.
My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand."
--John 10:27-29

[There is also a real Hell. In fact, Jesus spoke more about Hell than He did about Heaven in order to assure you of His coming back to gather his people. He is coming back! You must belong to Him, in order to receive His free gift. Jesus died a cruel death on the Cross to beat Satan. JESUS WON! ]
<http://youtu.be/C4dci4Z7p6A?list=RDC4dci4Z7p6A>

Re: What does 'Born again..' mean? [Re: Abigail] #80263
05/06/16 12:32 PM
05/06/16 12:32 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--A CORRECT VIEW OF SALVATION~
--IN TOUCH

--BORN AGAIN= A life changed by surrendering your life to the Lord Jesus Christ. "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. We all were born into sin. You become a new creation. The old sin-nature is gone, (or slowly leaving), as you become more like Christ Jesus. (See John 3:3,5-6) You are 'saved', by Jesus Christ.

Unfortunately there are many people who 'think' they are saved. Some think because their family, parents were Christians, they inherit salvation. No! Some think by joining a Church, putting in your offerings and showing up for Bible study means you are saved. Once again, that is incorrect theology. And sadly, some, (so called), churches are teaching FALSE DOCTRINES. There are several listed on this forum of OrbisVitae, Russ Tanner is Administrator/President. He is a true Christian.

John the Baptist told the Pharisees and Sadducees, coming to be baptized, "You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath? Produce **fruit in keeping with repentance. ...Every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire." ----(Matthew 3:7-10)
[**Fruit in this sense is speaking spiritually. An outward expression of an inward change of life. Becoming more like Jesus as you grow in Him. When you come to Jesus as your Savior, you confess you are a sinner in need of Him, repent, and ask Him to be your Savior.]
-----------
---Every Sunday countless people all over the world sit in church buildings with a false sense of security. They assume that their morality, lifelong church membership, or baptism will earn them a place in heaven. While many of these folks have a sincere desire to please God, they are confused about what the Christian life is all about. They think in terms of 'doing' rather than 'being'. So they imitate the actions of good Christians: going to a weekly service, praying, reading the Bible, and trying to be decent people.

However, salvation is not the product of our good works. We come into the world with a corrupt nature, and our wrongdoing is born of a heart turned away from the Lord. Because we are all sinful people, we sin. It’s that simple. The good news is that in the salvation experience, we are given a brand-new nature (2 Cor. 5:17). Our sin is wiped away because Jesus Christ sacrificed Himself to pay the penalty we owed. From the moment we trust in Him, the Holy Spirit dwells in our heart so we can live righteously.

The world values action, but God prioritizes relationship—specifically a right relationship with Him. People who scurry about flaunting religiosity are missing out on the deeply satisfying and joyous intimacy between a believer and the heavenly Father.

We can help correct others’ tragic misunderstanding by being ready to explain the reason for our hope. (See 1 Peter 3:15-16.)-"In your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect. Keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander."
Knowing Christ is what matters. So speak of the personal relationship with Him that’s possible when a person admits his or her need and trusts in the Savior.
--IN TOUCH~~

Re: What does 'Born again..' mean? [Re: Abigail] #82304
08/09/17 12:06 PM
08/09/17 12:06 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---Trade In Your Weakness for His Strength~

--BIBLE MEDITATION
“But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.” Isaiah 40:31- bible

--DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
What does it mean to “renew” your strength? It literally means “changed,” as if you changed clothes. You remove your rags of weakness and put on God’s royal robes of strength. God promises to exchange our strength with His strength.

You see, the Christian life is not just simply a changed life, it is an exchanged life.
God doesn’t just change us from what we were to something better. He exchanges His life with us. He takes our sin. We take His holiness. He takes our weakness. We take His strength. He takes our anxiety. We take His peace.
Sounds great. But, what’s the problem? We get tired of waiting for the change.

--ACTION POINT
**Friend, don’t give up. The wait is never too long when God is in charge. Jesus will never give up on you. Please, DO NOT give up on Him. He is as close as the mention of His Name. "Call on the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved."
--Adrian Rogers~LWF
--'AT THE CROSS'/ By Hillsong~
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkRudaBidHc>
--------

Re: What does 'Born again..' mean? [Re: Abigail] #84870
10/15/18 02:52 PM
10/15/18 02:52 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

----CRIES LESS DESPERATE~~~

"Let my cry come before
You, O Lord; give me
understanding according
to Your Word!"
---(Psalm 119:169)-- bible

---CRYING on a loved one's shoulder often yields comforting results. A mutual embrace in times of need gives the assurance of compassion and understanding that we crave in crisis.
But what crushing effects overwhelm us when our cries echo in empty rooms, where loved ones are no longer at hand to share our sorrow. When no voice consoles, we are left to bear the brunt of our misery in solitude.

God has promised never to leave us or forsake us (Hebrews 13 verse 5). Still, we may experience times of bleak despair when life's precarious fragility is most vivid. We may be plunged into depths of woe by our doctor's grave diagnosis, our loved one's death, our spouse's abandonment, our boss's firing, or many other sad happenings as we live out our lives on this earth.

Because of our saving relationship with our crucified and risen Lord Jesus, our cries to God are always heard. He welcomes even our groans when words or coherent thoughts fail us; in fact, in such instances the Spirit of Christ within us helps us in our weakness, interceding on our behalf and rendering our cries less desperate as He leads us to trust and understanding in His Word.
--Those of us who have had the second birth (John 3 verse 3), have a personal relationship with our Lord Jesus and He is always available when we need a shoulder to cry on. Please give your life to Jesus, if you have not already, and He will give you His rest. "Perfect peace have those who trust in thee, Oh Lord."~~

--PORTAL'S PRAYER~~---"As For Me and My House"/ --John Waller / <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhbkUKcnHpg>
---------

Re: What does 'Born again..' mean? [Re: Abigail] #85094
11/13/18 01:20 PM
11/13/18 01:20 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---CONTINUE IN HIS KINDNESS ~~

-"Behold then the kindness
and severity of God; to
those who fell, severity,
but to you, God's kindness,
if you continue in His
Kindness; otherwise you
also will be cut off."
--(ROMANS 11: verse 22)~~ bible

--When a child is born into a family, she receives the family name and all of the benefits of being a member of that family.
The parents' home is the child's home, along with food, and so on. All that the parents have is the child's because she comes from the parents.

When a child grows older, she can leave the family she grew up in. She can reject her relationship with her parents, change her name, and refuse her inheritance. On the other hand, a child's relationship with her parents can grow as she enters adulthood. As an adult, she can gain deeper understanding of her parents.

We were born into God's family through receiving Him as our Lord and Savior. (See Romans 10: verses 9-10,13)~ We are heirs of God! But as we grow, we are allowed to leave the family of God if we choose. We can denounce the Name into which we were baptized, and leave Christ all together. The Lord gives us all "CHOICE". But His will is that we would continue in His kindness until He gives us the promised inheritance. ~~

"Heavenly Father, help us to continue in Your kindness until You take us home. Help us, Lord to stay faithful to You, as You are always faithful to us. In Jesus Name, amen.
--"Home"--Phil Wickham ~ <https://youtu.be/axQz1mSCpJY>
-------

Re: What does 'Born again..' mean? [Re: Abigail] #88423
07/10/19 11:51 AM
07/10/19 11:51 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---THE COMMON SALVATION ~~

-"Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation..."
---(Jude 1:3)-- bible

--THE description of our salvation as "common" does not mean that salvation is "ordinary" or "normal" but rather that salvation is available to anyone who wants it. The term is translated "unclean" several times in passages that speak of items that are accessible to everyone rather than specialized foods or ceremonies available to just a few (Acts 11:8; Romans 14:14; etc. )

Right after Pentecost, the Jerusalem church experienced a quick growth in converts, many of whom were poor and needed practical help. The bond of the new church was so strong that "the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul; neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common " (Acts 4:32). That is the sense in which Jude speaks of a "common" salvation.

The salvation is available to all. "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ; for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth" (Romans 1:16). None are excluded from the possibility of salvation--except those who refuse to believe what God has provided through the substitutionary death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ (1 John 2:2).

But this salvation is also necessary for all. "Neither is there salvation in any other; for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved" (Acts 4:12). It has become popular today to couch the gospel message in moderate terms, making the message appear optional or a "personal" belief system. No, it is the only salvation, even if it is "common."
--"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life; no man cometh unto the Father, but by me" (John 14:6).

--ICR/HMM III
[**For more on The New Birth, please read (JOHN 3:1-8) Jesus is speaking to Nicodemus, a Teacher in Israel/ a Pharisee.]

Moderated by  CTD