News you won't see in controlled mainstream media.

Circle-of-Life Forums - Welcome
Open-Source News, Natural Health, Recipes, Freedom, Preparedness, Computers, Technology, Movies, Reviews, History, Wisdom, Truth
See All Social Media We Are On | Trouble viewing videos? Use FireFox instead of Chrome.
Mercury Detox & Amalgam Fillings Forum

The Mercury Detox & Amalgam Fillings Forum

Detoxing Heavy Metals, Removing Amalgam Fillings, Understanding Mercury Poisoning

Our Most Popular Videos, Audio Clips, and Articles

Text
Text

views

Secret News
News you won't hear in controlled mainstream media.
Video Document
Video

views

CFL Bulbs: Are They Safe?
An experiment exposing the serious danger of compact fluorescent bulbs.
Video Document
Video

views

Mercury From Canned Fish Contaminating Your Kitchen
Open a can of fish and you begin breathing mercury vapor.
Website
Website

(remote)

views

Spraying the Skies with Toxic Metals
Have you heard about the epic crime of human history?
Video
Video

views

The Global Depopulation Agenda Documented
A MUST-SEE lecture for every parent!
Video
Video

views

What In the World are They Spraying?
Vaccination via the air for everyone, every day!
Video
Video

views

The
A 2-minute explanation of the global warming lie.
Video
Video

views

Global Warming: The Other Side
The Weather Channel founder exposes the GW lie.
Video
Video

views

Know Your Enemy
A revolutionary look at Earth history.
Video
Video

views

Mystery Babylon
The grandmother of all conspiracies.
Video
Video

views

The Power Behind the New World Order
An essential video for all wishing to understand.
Video
Video

views

Global Warming: Is CO2 the Cause
Dr. Robert Carter tells the truth about global warming.
Video
Video

views

All Jesse Ventura Conspiracy Theory Episodes In One Place
Easily find the episodes you want to watch.
Text
Text

views

New Study Steers Mercury Blame Away From Vaccines Toward Environment: But Where's It Coming From?
New study steers mercury blame away from vaccines.
Text
Text

views

Revelation 18:23 What does "sorcery" really mean?
Text
Text

views

The Leading Cause of Death Globally - Likely Has Been for Decades
Modern medicine leading cause of death globally?
Video
Video

views

Lies In the Textbooks - Full Version
Blatant, intentional lies in American textbooks.
Text
Text

views

Stop Chemical and Biological Testing on U.S. Citizens
Testing on U.S. Citizens is perfectly legal today.
Text
Text

views

Do Vaccines Cause Cancer? Cancerous Cell Lines Used in the Development of Vaccines
DOCUMENTED! Cancerous cell lines used in vaccines!
Video
Video

views

Italian Doctor - Dr. Tullio Simoncini - Reportedly Curing 90% of Cancer Cases
Italian Doctor makes history & gets license revoked.
Video
Video

views

Apollyon Rising 2012 - The Final Mystery Of The Great Seal Revealed: A Terrifying And Prophetic Cipher, Hidden From The World By The U.S. Government For Over 200 Years Is Here
The Final Mystery Of the Great Seal of the U.S. Revealed
Video
Video

views

Invisible Empire - New Epic Video about the New World Order
Epic Video about the New World Order.
Video
Video

views

The Lie of the Serpent: Dr. Walter Veith Examines the New Age Movement's Relationship to the New World Order
The New Age Movement & The New World Order
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Whitewater, drug smuggling, and the bloodiest campaign trail in history
Text Document
Text

views

Secret News
Professional actors in politics and media
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The biggest conspiracy of all: Keeping it all in the family
Text Document
Text

views

Secret News
Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP): The language of politics
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Congressman Sherman tells it like it is; Is anyone listening?
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The only way to ensure privacy is to remove your cell phone battery
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Rep Kapture reveals epic crimes that remain unpunished
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The reason so many are sterile, sick and dying today
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Former U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney Says "No Evidence" for Bin Laden Involvement in 9-11
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The highest elected U.S. officials make sure they are exempt from justice.
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The murder of JFK cleared the way for the communist globalist agenda
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
The world's largest military contractors exposed in "Iraq For Sale"
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
A paradigm-changing video that everyone must see.
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
This is a chilling video that exposes the use-or misuse-of the word "force" in HR1955
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
A Hollywood producer told about 9/11 before it happened
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
How many other news stories have been faked that we don't know about?
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Texas legislators on both sides of the iasle voting for each other
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper and Australian Prime Minister John Howard give the same speech
Video Document
Video

views

Secret News
Why are are few (not all) police working to promote hate and violence?
Text Document
Text

views

Secret News
New grassroots movement protects U.S. citizens against unlawful police action
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Russ), 1,395 guests, and 27 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Left Sidebar Ad
Popular Topics(Views)
338,872 DOES GOD EXIST?
254,062 Please HELP!!!
162,037 Open Conspiracy
106,499 History rules
98,855 Symmetry
87,744 oil pulling
Support Our Forum
Herbs/Nutrition
Only The Best HerbsOnly The Best Herbs!
Your best source of world-class herbal information! More...
Mercury Detox
Amalgam Illness: Diagnosis and Treatment by Dr. Andrew Cutler#1 Book We've Found!
"Silver" fillings, mercury detox, & much more. More...
Algin
AlginFor Mercury Detox
Prevent mercury reabsorption in the colon during detox. More...
Mercury Poisoning
DMSA, 25mg.Softcover & Kindle
Excellent resource for mercury detox. More...
DMSA 100mg
EDTA 500mg
DMSA, 25mg.For Mercury Chelation
For calcium chelation and heart health. More...
Vaccine Safety?
Vaccines: The Risks, The Benefits, The Choices by Dr. Sherri TenpennyMust for Every Parent
The most complete vaccine info on the planet. More...
Stop Candida!
Candida ClearFinally.
Relief! More...
Saying NO To Vaccines
Saying No To Vaccines by Dr. Sherri TenpennyDr. Sherri Tenpenny
Get the info you need to protect yourself. More...
Nano-Silver
Amalgam Illness: Diagnosis and Treatment by Dr. Andrew CutlerWhat everyone's talking about!
Safe, powerful, timely! More...
World's Best Vitamin E
Vitamin E wih SeleniumThere is a difference!
A powerful brain antioxidant for use during Hg detox. More...
It's All In Your Head
It's All In Your Head by Dr. Hal HugginsThis changed my life!
This book convinced me remove my fillings. More...
World's Best Multi
Super Supplemental - Full-Spectrum Multivitamin/Mineral/Herbal SupplementThis is what we use!
The only multi where you feel the difference. More...
Understand Hair Tests
Hair Test Interpretation: Finding Hidden Toxicities by Dr. Andrew CutlerHair Tests Explained!
Discover hidden toxicities, easily. More...
GABA
GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid)Have Racing Thoughts?
Many use GABA for anxiety and better sleep. More...
Pet Health Charts
Pet Health Charts for Dogs, Cats, Horses, and BirdsHelp Them!
Natural health for pets. More...
The Companion Bible (Hardcover)
The Companion BibleThe Bible We Use!
King James with study notes by Bullinger. More...
The Companion Bible (Softcover)
The Companion BibleThe Bible We Use!
King James with study notes by Bullinger. More...
Sweet Remedy
Sweet RemedyFood Additives
Protect your family from toxic food! More...
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
-DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS #79661
01/07/16 03:47 PM
01/07/16 03:47 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-DOUBTING GOD'S GOODNESS~~
--(Genesis 3:1-7 / Please read) bible

----
-LIVING IN THIS FALLEN WORLD can challenge our faith in God's goodness. The pain and suffering that resulted from Adam and Eve's sin may cloud our understanding of the Lord and tempt us to blame Him for every difficulty we face. Why doesn't He always relieve hardships, fix our problems, and give us what we want?

When Eve listened to the serpent's lies in the Garden of Eden, she began to doubt that the Lord had made the right choice in forbidding her to eat from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. Why would God deprive her of wisdom and the enjoyment of food that looked so desirable?

Our thoughts are similar to Eve's when we don't agree with what our Father says is best for us. From a human perspective, "good" refers to what is enjoyable, delightful, comfortable, or profitable. But God has a much higher standard and is always working to achieve His purpose--to develop Christlike character within His children.

Behind every restriction or commandment the Lord gives to us is His loving care for His followers. He knows the tormenting consequences of sin and wants to deter us from rebellious choices that will wreck our lives. In refusing His will, we're choosing pain and trouble.

Eve learned through disobedience that God knows what's best. We have the opportunity each day to discover His goodness by listening to His voice, obeying His commands, and trusting His wisdom. Whatever may come our way, we can know He is working for both our temporal and eternal good.~~

--IN TOUCH~
"Choose this day whom you will serve. As for me and my house we will serve the Lord." (Joshua 24:15)-I Choose Jesus-/ Moriah Peters
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kceXfL74kYE>

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." [John 14:6]
Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #79672
01/11/16 11:33 AM
01/11/16 11:33 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--NEVER DOUBT JEHOVAH GOD~~

-"The Lord is with us.
Do not be afraid of them."
--(Numbers 14:9) bible

--WHEN I WAS young, my dad would tease us by hiding behind a bush to "scare" us. He was just playing with us. He would make sounds and growl like a lion. Even though we lived in rural Ghana in the 1960s, it was almost impossible that a lion lurked nearby. My brother and I would laugh and seek out the source of the noise, thrilled that playtime with Dad had arrived.

One day a young friend came for a visit. As we played, we heard the familiar growl. Our friend screamed and ran. My brother and I knew the sound of my father's voice--any growl we knew was 'merely playing'--but a funny thing happened. We ran with her. My dad felt terrible that our friend had been frightened, and my brother and I learned not to be influenced by the panicked reaction of others. We know that Jehovah God is always with us, and to never doubt His Word.

Caleb and Joshua stand out as men unfazed by the panic of others. As Israel was poised to enter the Promised Land, Moses commissioned 12 scouts to spy out the region. They all saw a beautiful territory, but 10 focused on the obstacles and discouraged the entire nation (Numbers 13:27-33). In the process, they started a panic (14:1-4). Only Caleb and Joshua accurately assessed the situation (vv. 6-9) They knew the history of their Father and trusted Him to bring them success.

We must always remember that our Lord Jesus has promised to never leave us nor forsake us. We must remind ourselves to never doubt God's Promises. "Be content with what you have, because God has said,
"Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."
So we say with confidence,
The Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid.
What can man do to me?"
--(Hebrews 13:5B-6)

---All I Need Is You/ Hillsong United
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iTInN6FH9I>
-------

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." [John 14:6]
Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #79709
01/18/16 12:24 PM
01/18/16 12:24 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---FROM THE INSIDE OUT/ TRUST GOD!

--Suppose that for most of your life, you’ve had a heart condition. Your activities have been restricted. But then comes the transplant. You have a new heart. Within you dwells a new power. You might say, “I can’t climb stairs, I’m too weak.” Does your choice negate the presence of a new heart? Dismiss the work of the surgeon? No, it would suggest you haven’t learned to trust your new power. At some point you’ve got to try those stairs.

The same is true in our walk with Christ. You have a new heart--you are not who you used to be! As a result you can do what you couldn't do before--you can forgive...you can love... you can live! Put your new heart to the test. You can climb the stairs not by your strength, but by His!
--Next Door Savior/ML

--From the Inside Out/Hillsong
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OzbuoUcmVc>
----

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #80122
04/04/16 11:30 AM
04/04/16 11:30 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--GOD IS LOVE ~~

-"And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love." angelwing --(1 John 4:16) ~~

-A LIGHT PLANE crashed in the desert. The pilot survived the crash and began a long, hot trek toward civilization. He wandered for hours without seeing anything remotely manmade. As day turned to night, he began to think he had survived the crash just to die a slow, painful death. With morning light, he set out once more in search of rescue. When his last ounce of strength gave out, he sat down and began to cry. His sobs grew in intensity, and they merged with another sound. Controlling his emotions, he looked up to see a jeep approaching in the distance. He bowed his head to say a quick thank you, then waved to the driver of the vehicle.

There are times when we feel that we must surely be out of God's sight, or at least out of His favor. It is comforting to know that God sees everything that goes on no matter where it is. God can see into the very depths of hell, so it is no great wonder that He can see into our hearts to know what we are feeling and thinking. Our lives are open to our Creator, and at the time when we think we have no hope, the grace of the Lord will reach down to us and let us know that we are saved. God will never leave us, no matter how far we may go.
'You are loved with an everlasting love and underneath are His everlasting arms.' ---
-PRAYER: 'Be with me, Father, as I walk along the many paths which make up my life. When I lose my way and turn from the one true path wait patiently for me to return, and keep me ever in Your watchful eyes.~ Amen +
--Simple Abundance/ND~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAOL-kScIqg

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #80301
05/17/16 01:45 PM
05/17/16 01:45 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--GOD LOVES YOU MORE THAN ANY OTHER PERSON CAN!

-"You are loved with an everlasting love and underneath are His everlasting arms." bible

---Never Doubt Our Creator's Love, Jehovah Yahweh, YHWH, Loves You More than any other person on this earth can. He died to give you eternal life with Him.

-NO WORRIES~~

--A comfortable plane ride was about to get bumpy. The voice of the captain interrupted in-flight beverage service and asked passengers to make sure their seatbelts were fastened. Soon the plane began to roll and pitch like a ship on a wind-whipped ocean. While the rest of the passengers were doing their best to deal with the turbulence, a little girl sat through it all reading her book. After the plane landed, she was asked why she had been able to be so calm. She responded, "My daddy is the pilot and he's taking me home."

Though Jesus' disciples were seasoned fishermen, they were terrified the day a storm threatened to swamp their boat. They were following Jesus' instructions. Why was this happening? (MARK 4:35-38). He was with them but He was asleep at the stern of the craft. They learned that day that it is not true that when we do as our Lord says there will be no storms in our lives. Yet because He was with them, they also learned that storms don't stop us from getting to where our Lord wants us to go.

Whether the storm we encounter today is the result of a tragic accident, a loss of employment, or some other trial, we can be confident that all is not lost. Our Pilot can handle the storm. cross He will get us Home. He is the Master of the wind.

--WE DON'T NEED TO FEAR THE STORM WITH JESUS AS OUR ANCHOR.~

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLMhPEFa9Zk>
-------

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #80461
06/14/16 11:18 AM
06/14/16 11:18 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--The Power of Corporate Prayer / Listen to Him = GOD!
---(Please Read/ 2 Chronicles 20:14-30)

When trouble loomed,
the first thing Jehoshaphat did was to turn his attention to God and proclaim a fast throughout the nation of Judah (2 Chron. 20:3). People came from all around to support their king in prayer (2 Chron. 20:13).

Sometimes we’re too proud to ask others to join us in praying. Jehoshaphat was a king, yet he wasn’t so self-sufficient that he wouldn’t admit his army paled in comparison to the three forces united against him. He recognized his limitations and sought divine intervention. Though Jehoshaphat reigned over his subjects, he nevertheless called on them for prayerful support.

One of the wisest things we can do in the midst of difficulty is to engage the assistance of someone who knows how to talk to God. The body of Christ depends upon cooperation. When the people of Judah began to pray, God provided a solution through a trusted prophet. Jehoshaphat was humble enough to listen and wise enough to follow His directives (2 Chron. 20:14-17). As a result, the people were saved. The advancing armies turned against each other and destroyed themselves completely. Without shooting a single arrow or drawing a sword, Judah’s forces triumphed without suffering a single casualty. Because their humble king listened, they were able to witness the Lord’s remarkable victory (2 Chron. 20:22-30).

We have to attune our ears to God’s voice in order to hear Him. Sometimes He speaks through people we would not choose to follow, and He often says things that we’re not expecting to hear. But He will provide us with solutions to our problems if we are willing to listen to Him. Have you asked Him to show you His way?
--IN TOUCH~--Show Me Your Way/ Hillsong
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ku0USBvXDo>
------
----

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #80508
06/22/16 01:56 PM
06/22/16 01:56 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--KEEPING FAITH~

--'Without faith it
is impossible to
please God.'
-(Hebrews 11:6)
-----
--IT'S TEMPTING to think of faith as a kind of magic formula.
If you muster up enough of it, you'll get rich, stay healthy, and live a contented life with automatic answers to all your prayers. But life does not work according to such neat formulas.
As proof, the author of Hebrews presents a stirring reminder of what constitutes "true faith" by reviewing the lives of some Old Testament giants of faith (HEB.11).

"Without faith," the author says bluntly, "it is impossible to please God" (11:6). In describing faith he uses the word 'persevered' (v.27). As a result of their faith, some heroes triumphed: They routed armies, escaped the sword, survived the lions. But others met less happy ends: They were flogged, stoned, sawed in two. The chapter concludes, "These were all commended for their faith, yet none of them received what had been promised" (v.39).

The picture of faith that emerges does not fit into an easy formula. Sometimes it leads to victory and triumph. Sometimes it requires a gritty determination to "hang on at any cost." Of such people, "God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them" (v.16).

What our faith rests on is the belief that God is in ultimate control and will indeed keep His promises--whether that happens in this life or the next.
We must cling to God's Promises. "God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord." --(1 Corinthians 1:9)-We must trust the 'Voice of Truth' / Casting Crowns ~~
--ODB/PY
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYytbMmU1m4>
-------

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #80755
08/03/16 11:39 AM
08/03/16 11:39 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--Doubting God's Goodness/ I Turn to You, Jesus~

-When we are heading in the wrong direction, whether intentionally or because we got lost on the path, as in the book, 'Pilgrim's Progress', we need to turn back to Jesus.
"Call on Me and I will answer you and show you things that you do not know. Lo, I am with you even until the end of the age."
Keep your eyes on Jesus the Author and Finisher of our faith. ~~

--(SELAH / I Turn To You)

When I'm far away from home
And the cool wind starts to blow,
When I'm empty and alone,
I turn to You.

When there's hardness in my heart
And I can't see the truth,
And I'm wandering in the dark,
I turn to You.

And here in Your holy Presence
It's all that I can do,
I turn to You, Jesus.
I turn to You, Lord.

What else can I do Jesus,
I turn to you.
Yea, yeah.

With the faith to move ahead
And to let go of the past.
And to see me as You do,
I turn to You.

And here in Your Holy Presence,
It's all that I can do.
I turn to You, Jesus,
I turn to You Lord.
What else can I do, Jesus.
I turn to You.

You alone are worthy, the One and only God.
Ruler of the Nations,
Father of my heart.
I turn to You, Jesus.
I turn to You, Lord. bible

What else can I do, Jesus.

Help me turn to You,
Help me turn to You, Jesus (x3)
(faintly, I can't go on),

I turn to You.
I turn to You.

(The lyrics are posted above because one of the viewers on you tube, could not understand the words. It's a beautiful song Just know we can always keep our eyes on the Author and Finisher of our faith, Jesus. "I Turn To You" / Selah~
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYRd6AFwEZE>
-----------

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #80782
08/08/16 11:37 AM
08/08/16 11:37 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--REJOICE IN THE LORD~~

“Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.” (Philippians 4:4)-- crackthebook

The Christian has a compelling duty to rejoice. Paul stresses the Christian need to rejoice by using the tense in the Greek that specifies a continuing and habitual action.
This instruction follows his mention of otherwise faithful believers in the church who were unfortunately pursuing disharmony and dissension. Believers are reminded to restore broken relationships, follow after harmony, and rejoice.

Perhaps the best reason to rejoice is that all our names are written in the “Book of Life” (v. 3). This precious book was mentioned from old times as “a book of remembrance . . . written before him for them that feared the LORD” (Malachi 3:16). Christ mentioned this book as a cause to “rejoice, because your names are written in heaven” (Luke 10:20). Our rejoicing will continue throughout eternity, for only “they which are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life” (Revelation 21:27) will be permitted into the Lamb’s presence. Our love for the brethren and our hope for eternity are reasons to rejoice, indeed.

Paul told the Philippian church they were among the reasons for his joy. “I have you in my heart; inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel, ye all are partakers of my grace” Those who had a heart for the things of God were important to him. Therefore, “fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind” (2:2). “For the same cause also do ye joy, and rejoice with me” (2:18).

Their joy of fellowship was rooted in the love and service of Christ, as well as His sufferings, “that I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death” (3:10). So, rejoice!
**--ICR/ JDM ~~**
----
[We read in REVELATION Chapter 13 ['The Beast from the Sea'.] This is the (dragon) or serpent, the beast, the devil...'And he opened his mouth in blasphemies against God to blaspheme, that is, those who dwell in heaven.

It was also given to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them, and authority every every tribe and people and tongue and nation was give to him.

All who dwell on the earth will worship him, everyone whose name has not been written from the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who has been slain."
--(REVELATION 13:-(selected verses 1-18)
---------------
-"The Lamb and the 144,000 on Mount Zion~

'Then I looked, and behold, the Lamb was standing on Mount Zion, and with Him one hundred and forty-four thousand, having His Name and the name of His Father written on their foreheads.

And I head a voice from heaven, like the sound of many waters and like the sound of loud thunder, and the voice which I heard was the sound of harpists playing on their harps. And they sang a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders; and no one could learn the song except the one hundred and forty-four thousand who had been purchased from the earth.

These are the ones who have not been defied with women, for they have kept themselves chaste. These are the ones who follow the Lamb wherever He goes. These have been purchased from among men as first fruits to God and to the Lamb.
And no lie was found in their mouth; they are blameless.-"
--(Revelation 14:1-5)

--The Reapers~~(Chapter 14:14-20)
--A Scene of Heaven~~ (Chapter 15)
--The Doom of Babylon~~(Chapter 17
(-The beast will go to destruction. And those who dwell on the earth, 'whose name has not been written in the book of life from the foundation of the world', will wonder when they see the beast, that he was and is not and will come."

[--The Victory of the Lamb] - (Revelation 17:14-18)

--[Marriage of the Lamb~~(19:7-10]

---[The Coming of Christ~~(19:11-19)]
--[Judgment at the Throne of God~~ 20:11-15)]

-(vs. 11-12)--Then I saw a great White Throne and Him who sat upon it, from whose presence earth and heaven fled away, and no place was found for them.
And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another Book was opened, which is the 'Book of Life'; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds.

And the sea gave up the dead which were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead which were in them; and they were judged, everyone of them according tot their deeds.

Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.
And if anyone's name was not found written in the 'Book of Lire', he was thrown into the lake of fire."
~~~~~~~~~
[ star Please, if you have not already done so, 'Call on the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved.'

"That if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;
For with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation."
--(Romans 10:9-10)~~
]
star For those who believe that Jesus is the Son of God, and He has already paid our sin-debt by dying on that Cross, asked for His forgiveness of sins, and surrendered your life to Him, then you are saved, Your Name is Written in the Lamb's Book of Life. Jesus died on that Cross to take on His shoulders all the sins of the whole world.-(John 3:16).
It is up to You, if You accept this 'free gift' of salvation or not. Please, ask Jesus to come in to your life. He has already overcome this world, by dying on that Cross and rising again from the dead. JESUS IS ALIVE TODAY!. He is coming back soon to gather His people to live with Him forever.~~'Victor's Crown / Hillsong'
-----
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2nBOGA6X2g>
------

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #81327
11/29/16 01:34 PM
11/29/16 01:34 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--THE VALUE OF DISCERNMENT/LISTEN FOR HIS VOICE=READ THE BIBLE~~~
--Please Read/ Proverbs 2:1-11) bible

-If you made a list of the things you want most in life, would a discerning spirit be one of them? The Lord places a high value on this attribute and wants all of us to have it. If we don’t, we will make wrong choices because we won’t understand situations clearly.

Discernment is the ability to make sound judgments by perceiving what is not readily obvious. For example, can you tell the difference between legalism and liberty? God calls each of us to live according to our personal convictions, but not all of them are moral mandates for every believer. We should be able to determine the difference between the two.

Another area that requires discernment is distinguishing good from best.. God has the perfect plan for each of us; however, there are a multitude of good options before us. For instance, suppose you’re offered two different jobs. They both look promising, but only one of them is God’s best for you. Do you know how to determine His will?

It’s obvious from these two examples that our most basic need for discernment involves being able to understand what God is saying to us. When you’re faced with a decision, how do you know if you’re hearing from the Lord or simply listening to your own desires or reasoning?

The time to develop discernment is now. Don’t wait until a critical decision faces you. Begin today to fill your mind with God’s Word so you can think His thoughts and understand His ways. Spend time with Him in intimate fellowship. The more you know Him, the better you can discern His voice.
--IN TOUCH~--'Your Presence'/ Planetshakers
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGDsreB1CyQ>
----------

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #81436
01/03/17 11:51 AM
01/03/17 11:51 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---DOUBTING GOD'S GOODNESS~~

--THE GOD OF OUR SECOND CHANCES~~
--(Please Read/ Romans 3:10-18, 23,24)

--OUR LOVING FATHER IS THE GOD OF SECOND CHANCES. His grace is so extensive that He offers countless opportunities to hear the Gospel and receive His Son Jesus Christ as Savior. What's more, He reaches into the muck of mankind's sinful nature, rebellious spirit, perversity, and unclean language in order to save His beloved Creation.

If you think that that the Lord takes second chances lightly, read today's passage carefully--it is a look at humanity through divine eyes. On our own, no matter how much we try to be good, we are foolish, useless, and evil. ['For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.' vs. 23)] Thankfully, God's grace is immeasurably greater than our sin.

Of course, the heavenly Father is a righteous Judge who cannot ignore transgressions. If He did, He would not be the Holy and Just deity described in the Scriptures. While humanity might count passivity as kindness, the Lord considers 'grace' an action word. As a result, He implemented a simple rescue plan for each person on earth: Whoever believes in Jesus Christ as Savior is forgiven. We are justified by faith and at peace with God (Romans 5:1). The rebellious war we carried out against Him is over. Sins are washed off our heart. In fact, from God's perspective, His children look as if they have never done wrong.

-Jesus is our second chance. Apart from Him, there is no salvation, no justifications, and no grace. Look again at the passage from Romans 3. It's not possible to clean up one's own heart--each man or woman must take advantage of the purity Christ purchased with His sacrifice on the Cross. Have you asked Jesus to come into your life and be your Savior, Lord, and Redeemer? (Please Read Romans 10:9-11).~~
--IN TOUCH~~ --'Your Grace Is Enough'/ Chris Tomlin ~~(Beware, starts out a bit loud.)
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpYtYYaTFGQ>

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #81439
01/03/17 07:25 PM
01/03/17 07:25 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---READY TO MARCH?
--By: Max Lucado

Think about the Christian you want to be. What qualities do you want to have: more compassion…more conviction…more courage?
What attitudes do you want to discontinue: greed…guilt…endless negativity? With God’s help you can!
You can close the gap between the person you are and the person you want to be. Indeed, the person God made you to be. You can live “from glory to glory” (2 Corinthians 3:18).

To inherit your inheritance is God’s intention for your life! Imagine the thought. You as you were intended. It’s a life that is yours for the taking. You can expect to be challenged. The enemy won’t go down without a fight. But God’s promises outweigh personal problems. Victory becomes, dare we imagine, a way of life.
Isn’t it time for you to change your mailing address from the wilderness to the promised land? Are you ready to march? horray

-From / God is With You Every Day/ML
-'Whom Shall I Fear [The God of Angel Armies]'/ Chris Tomlin
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0gu0nOaFsI>
--------

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #82061
06/10/17 10:00 AM
06/10/17 10:00 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--THE DANGER OF A HARDENING HEART~~
-----(Please Read/ Hebrews 3:7-11)

The Hebrews who left Egypt had concrete proof of God’s existence and commitment to them. Yet when the time came for them to claim their promised land, they hardened their hearts against the Lord and refused to believe He would give them victory over the people living in Canaan.
So they rebelled, resisting Joshua and Caleb’s pleas and coming up with justifications for their disbelief.

God responded with harsh discipline: 40 years of wandering in the desert until those adults who resisted Him were dead (Num. 14:33-36). Because He considered the lesson about their resistance and discipline so important, the Lord reiterated it in the New Testament (Heb. 3:7-11). He didn’t want people to repeat the Israelites’ mistake of hardening their hearts against Him.

-The way to a hardened heart is gradual. It begins with unbelief—that is, hearing but not accepting all or part of God’s Word as true. Instead, a person rebels, choosing to manage his or her affairs without the Lord. This involves ignoring the conscience or justifying unscriptural behavior; eventually, the heart becomes so calcified that the individual is no longer affected by the whisper of God’s Spirit.

It is dangerous to persist in choosing our own way. Not only does the Lord discipline those who rebel against Him; He also withholds opportunities and blessings. If we take seriously God’s warning not to harden ourselves against Him, then we must choose to be obedient. Over time, as our heart grows more tender and receptive, we’ll find that we are unable to make a wrong move without being convicted by the Spirit.
--IN TOUCH~~
--"Lord, I Need You/ With Matt Maher~~<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS9e0nxHP-w>
--------

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #82254
07/26/17 02:43 PM
07/26/17 02:43 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--RUNNING FOR THE SOUL WINNERS CROWN~~

--BIBLE MEDITATION:
“For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming? For ye are our glory and joy.”
-----(1 Thessalonians 2:19-20)

--DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
Here’s what Paul was saying to those in Thessalonica: “When Jesus comes, my crown is going to those that I’ve led to Him.” Now that’s a crown that doesn’t corrupt. When you die and go to heaven, are you going to take somebody with you, or are you going to heaven alone? “Must I go and empty-handed, must I meet my Savior so; without one soul with which to greet Him, must I empty-handed go?” Now I don’t want to hurt your feelings, but I’m concerned because most people in church are not active soul winners. That’s tragic.

You say, “But, Pastor, I give my money.” I don’t care how much money you give. If you’re not endeavoring to bring souls to Christ, you’re not right with God. You say, “Well, I teach.” I don’t care how eloquently you teach. If you’re not trying to bring souls to Jesus, you’re not right with God. You say, “Well, I attend faithfully.” I don’t care how much you attend. If you’re not trying to bring souls to Jesus Christ, you are not right with God.

Andrew Murray said, “There are two classes of Christians: soul winners and backsliders.” You are one or the other. If you don’t have a passion to see people come to the Lord Jesus Christ, I wonder if you know the Jesus I know.

--ACTION POINT:
My dear brother, my dear sister, there is a crown to run for. It’s the soul winner’s crown.

--Adrian Rogers~~--"I HAVE DECIDED" / Amy Grant~~<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXoh-SBDLp4>
-----

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #82390
08/28/17 01:02 PM
08/28/17 01:02 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--FAITHFULNESS TO GOD INSPIRES OTHERS~~

--'He is the living God
and He endures forever."
--(Daniel 6:26)- bible

--WHEN I VISITED a museum in Chicago, I saw one of the original striding Lions of Babylon.
It was a large mural-type image of a winged lion with a ferocious expression.
Symbolizing Ishtar, the Babylonian goddess of love and war, the lion was an example of 120 similar lions that would have lined a Babylonian pathway during the years of 604-562 BC.

Historians say that after the Babylonians defeated Jerusalem, the Hebrew captives would have seen these lions during their time in Nebuchadnezzar's kingdom. Historians also say it's likely that some of the Israelites would have believed Ishtar had defeated the God of Israel.

Daniel, one of the Hebrew captives, did not share the doubts that might have troubled some of his fellow Israelites. His view of God and his commitment to God stayed steady. He prayed three times a day--with his windows open--even when he knew it would mean entering a den of lions. After God rescued Daniel from the hungry animals, King Darius said, "[Daniels's God] is the living God and he endures forever....He rescues and he saves" (DAN. 6:26-127). Daniel's faithfulness allowed him to influence Babylonian leaders.

Staying faithful to God despite pressure and discouragement can inspire other people to give Him glory.~~
--'Dear God, give me the strength to continue to trust in You when I am discouraged. Help me to experience Your never-ending love and stay close to Your side.' prayer ~~ amen

--ODB/JBS~~ --'GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS' / By: /CECE WINANS ~<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60o3UP4Kjwg>
-----------

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #82482
09/20/17 03:01 PM
09/20/17 03:01 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--DOUBTING GOD'S GOODNESS~~

--'Others see the problems of the world and wring their hands.
---We see the problems of the world and bend our knees. cross '

---Lift up your eyes. Don't get lost in your troubles. Dare to believe that good things will happen. Dare to believe that God was speaking to you when he said, "In everything God works for the good of those who love him" (Romans 8:28 NCV).
The mind cannot at the same time be full of God and full of fear.

"He will keep in perfect peace all those who trust in him, whose thoughts turn often to the Lord!" (Isaiah 26:3 TLB). Are you troubled, restless, sleepless? Then rejoice in the Lord's sovereignty. I dare you--I double-dog dare you-to expose your worries to (at least,) 30 minutes of worship. Your concerns will melt like ice on a July sidewalk.

-"Wait on the Lord all you that hope in Him. I have never seen the righteous forsaken or his seed begging for bread."

--ML~---/-Waiting Here For You/ Christy Nockels~<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yeOIshoRts>
----------

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #82589
10/07/17 01:09 PM
10/07/17 01:09 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---Praise for Jerusalem's Restoration and Prosperity~~

--Praise the LORD!
For it is good to sing praises to our God;
For it is pleasant and praise is becoming.

The LORD builds up Jerusalem;
He gathers the outcasts of Israel.
He heals the brokenhearted
And binds up their wounds.

He counts the number of the stars;
He gives name to all of them.
Great is our Lord and
abundant in strength;
His understanding is infinite.

The LORD supports the afflicted;
He brings down the wicked to the ground.
Sing to the LORD with thanksgiving;
Sing praises to our God on the lyre,
Who covers the heavens with clouds,
Who provides rain for the earth,
Who makes grass to grow on the mountains.

'Sing to the Lord with a joyful voice.
Ask Him to pour out His Holy Spirit on the earth.
The Lord inhabits the praises of His people.'

--"MY SOUL LONGS FOR YOU" / JESUS CULTURE--(No Words on Screen/ Turn up the volume on your speakers) <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GgNw2neYrU>
--------

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #82730
10/30/17 03:23 PM
10/30/17 03:23 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--HE WAS BRUISED FOR OUR TRANSGRESSIONS~~

"He was pierced (bruised)
for our transgressions, he
was crushed for our iniquities."
--(Isaiah 53:5)-- bible

--AN ENCOUNTER WITH JESUS~~

-AFTER CENTURIES of war and destruction, the modern city of Jerusalem is literally built on its own rubble.
During a family visit, we walked the Via Dolorosa (the Way of Sorrow),
the route tradition says Jesus followed on His way to the Cross. The day was hot, so we paused for a rest and descended to the cool basement of the Covent of the Sisters of Zion. There I was intrigued by sight of ancient pavement stones unearthed during recent construction--stones etched with games played by Roman soldiers during their idle moments.

Those particular stones, even though they likely were from a later period than Jesus, it caused me to ponder my spiritual life at the time. Like a bored soldier passing time in idle moments, I had become complacent and uncaring toward God and others. I was deeply moved by remembering that near the place I was standing, the Lord was beaten, mocked, insulted, and abused as He took all of my failure and rebellion on Himself.

"He was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed" (ISAIAH 53:5).

My encounter with the stones still speaks to me of Jesus's loving grace that is greater than all my sin. Blessed be the Name of the Lord Jesus. "Thank You, Lord, Your Love Never Fails. ~~

---OUR SIN IS GREAT---GOD'S GRACE IS SO MUCH GREATER! horray

--ODB/DM-- / - "Your Love Never Fails"/ Newsboys~~
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrc1xHEwtLY>
---------

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #82996
01/05/18 03:30 PM
01/05/18 03:30 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---THE STRENGTH OF GOD'S LOVE / MAJESTY~

--"God shows his great love for us
in this way: Christ died for us
while we were all sinners."
---(Romans 5:8)-- bible

----"CAN ANYTHING MAKE ME STOP LOVING YOU?" God asks.
"Watch me speak your language, sleep on your earth, and feel your hurts.
Behold the maker of sight and sound as he sneezes, coughs, and blows his nose. You wonder if I understand how you feel? Look into the dancing eyes of the kid in Nazareth; that's God walking to school. Ponder the toddler at Mary's table: that's God spilling his milk.

"You wonder how long my love will last? Find your answer on a splintered Cross, on a craggy hill. That's Me you see up there, your Maker, your God, nail-stabbed and bleeding. Covered in spit and sin-soaked.

-That's your sin I'm feeling. That's your death I'm dying. That's your resurrection I'm living. That's how much I love you."

--In the Grip of Grace~~/ML / 'MAJESTY' cross (Here I am)...Delirious~~
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNjH8QDpBFY>
-------------

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #83134
02/07/18 12:44 PM
02/07/18 12:44 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

----WHAT DO THE EXPERTS SAY?

-"These are the very
Scriptures that testify
about me, yet you refuse
to come to me to have
life." -(John 5:39-40)-- bible
--------
-BOSTON GLOBE columnist Jeff Jacoby writes of the "uncanny ability of experts to get things hopelessly, cataclysmically wrong."
A quick glance at recent history show he's right.
The great inventor Thomas Edison, for instance, once declared that talking movies would never replace silent films. And in 1928, Henry Ford declared, "People are becoming too intelligent ever to have another war." Countless other predictions by "experts" have missed the mark badly. Genius obviously has its limits.

Only one Person is completely reliable, and He had strong words for some so-called experts. The religious leaders of Jesus's day claimed to have the truth. These scholars and theologians thought they knew what the promised Messiah would be like when He arrived.

Jesus cautioned them, "You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life." Then He pointed out how they were missing the heart of the matter. "These are the very Scriptures that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me and to have life" ( JOHN 5:39-40).

As another New Year gets underway we'll hear predictions ranging from the terrifying to the wildly optimistic. Many of them will be stated with a great deal of confidence and authority. Don't be alarmed. Our confidence remains in the One at the very heart of the Scriptures. He has a firm grip on us and on our future.~~
-ODB/TG

[ jesuslovesyou Let's remember to tell Jesus how much we love Him and need Him. He longs to hear from His followers. He gave His life so we can have eternal life with Him. Never doubt God's goodness. Our God can not lie. He is Creator of the entire Universe and He loves you! ~~] "ADORE" (Jesus, I Adore You) / Jaci Velasquez ~~ --<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-izXS0h214>
---------

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #83135
02/07/18 04:09 PM
02/07/18 04:09 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

[--Precious Ones,-- angelwing
Please never doubt God's Presence nor His love. He loves you so much that He sent his only Son, Jesus to die on a Cross to save you from Hell. Jesus, our great Creator, Redeemer, Lord and Savior will never leave you nor forsake you. Tell Him what your worries are, what problems you may have. We live in a fallen world, as a result of Adam and Eve's sin in the Garden of Eden. God is Holy, Righteous and Just. He can not stand in the presence of darkness. Please, call on the Name of the Lord Jesus and be saved for all eternity. You are loved with an everlasting love and underneath are His everlasting arms. If you have not already done so, please surrender your life to Him, and be assured of spending eternity in Heaven with our Jehovah God. Oh, how He loves you!~~~]

------ONE NAME~~

-Cleopatra, Galileo, Shakespeare, Elvis. They are all well known that they need only one name to be recognized. They have remained prominent in history because of who they were and what they did. But there is another name that stands far above these or any other name!

Before the Son of God was born into this world, the angel told Mary and Joseph to name Him 'Jesus' because "he will save his people from their sins" (Matthew 1:21), and "he....will be called the Son of the Most High" (LUKE 1:32). Jesus didn't come as a celebrity but as a servant who humbled Himself and died on the Cross so that anyone who receives Him can be forgiven and freed from the power of sin.

The apostle Paul wrote, "God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in Heaven and on Earth and under the Earth, and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father" (Philippians 2:9-11).

In our times of greatest joy and our deepest need, the name we cling to is 'Jesus.' He will never leave us, and His love will never fail. Jesus loves each one of us so much that He died a very painful and brutal death on the Cross so we can accept His 'free gift' of eternal life and live eternally with Him. Please, "Call on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved."~~

'Jesus, You are the Name above all names, our Savior and Lord. We lift our praise to You as we celebrate Your presence and power in our lives today. We praise You, our Rock and Redeemer. Forgive us for our sins and make us whole in You, to spend eternity with you in Heaven. Thank You, our Messiah, the King above all other kings ~ prayer amen.~~

--JESUS CHRIST IS NOT VALUED AT ALL UNTIL HE IS VALUED ABOVE ALL. ~~(Augustine)

--ODB/DCM~~--'YOUR PRESENCE'--Planet Shakers~<https://youtu.be/KGDsreB1CyQ>
-------------

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #83483
04/06/18 09:45 AM
04/06/18 09:45 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---DISARMING ANXIETY ~~

---Your goal is not to know every detail of the future. Your goal is to hold the hand of the One who does; and never, ever let go! Jesus tells us rather bluntly, “Do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on” (Matthew 6:25).

He then gives us two commands, look and consider. “Look at the birds of the air” (Matthew 6:26). When we do, they appear happy. They don’t appear sleep deprived or lonely. They whistle and soar! He then says, “Consider the lilies” (Matthew 6:28). And he adds, “Even Solomon,” the richest king in history, “was not arrayed like one of these” (Matthew 6:29).-- bible

-How do we disarm anxiety? Stockpile our minds with God thoughts. If birds and flowers fall under the category of God’s care, won’t He care for us as well?

**Read more/ Anxious for Nothing/ML~~/--"DON'T GIVE UP"/ Josh Groban ~
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoT1d1ofOX0>
-----------

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #83491
04/06/18 12:29 PM
04/06/18 12:29 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---HOW LONG, LORD? ~

-'How long, LORD?
Will you forget me
forever? How long
will you hide your
face from me?'
--(Psalm 13:1)-- bible
----
DAVID ECHOED this sentiment, singing, "How long, LORD? Will you forget me forever? How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and day after day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me?" (PSALM 13:1-2).
Four times in just two verses he asks God, "How long?" Sometimes the pains of life seem as though they will never end.

Into this heartache steps the Presence, and care of our heavenly Father. Like King David, we can honestly go to Him with our pain and loss, knowing that He will never leave us or forsake us (HEBREWS 13:5). The Psalmist discovered this as well allowing his lament to move from a mournful minor key to triumphant declaration: "But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation" (PSALM 13:5).

In our seemingly endless moments of struggle, His unfailing love will carry us. We can rejoice in His salvation.~~

--IN TIMES OF PAIN AND LOST, THE TIMELESS GOD IS OUR GREATEST COMFORT. ~~
--ODB/BC --/--'Jesus I Believe' / Big Daddy Weave<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOatlJLKt40>
--------

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #84944
10/26/18 10:24 AM
10/26/18 10:24 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---GOOD FOR YOU?

"You are good, and
what you do is
good; teach me
your decrees."
-(Psalm 119:68)-- bible

~~~~BECAUSE I LIKE dark chocolate, I once Googled "Is dark chocolate good for you?"
I got a variety of results--some good, some bad. You can do the same for almost any food product.
Is milk goof for you? Is coffee good for you? etc,etc. There is a dizzying array of answers to these questions, so you have to be aware that the search itself may not be good for you. It may give you a headache! frown

BUT if you're looking for something that's one-hundred percent good for you all the time, can I recommend the 'Word of God'? (The Holy Bible)-. Listen to what it can do for the follower of Jesus who is seeking to build a relationship with God.~~

**It can keep you pure (PSALM 119:9,11).
**It blesses you (LUKE 11:28).
**It makes you wise (Matthew 7:24).
**It gives light and understanding (PSALM 119:130).
**It helps you grow spiritually (1 Peter 2:2).

Our Jehovah God is good: "The LORD is good to all," says Psalm 145:9. And in His goodness, He's provided those who love Him with a guide that helps us see how to enhance our relationship with Him. As we try to decide how to live in a world full of choices, praise God that he's told us in Scripture what's good for us. Let's say with the Psalm-writer: "How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth" (PSALM 119: verse 103).~~

-"God, thank You for leaving us Your inspired Word. Help us to read it carefully, interpret it correctly, and apply it enthusiastically in our lives. We thank You, our great Jehovah God, in Jesus Name. amen~ grouppray "

---GOD'S WORD IS THE ONLY SURE FOUNDATION FOR LIFE!

--ODB/DB~~
--/'SPEAK THE WORD'--by: Tommy Walker/ (several sing along, Charles Billingsley, Melissa Jean, Jimmy H, Joshua, and several others. Be blessed, in Jesus Name. \o/<https://youtu.be/WI1SQQbxoZo>
------------

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #85012
11/05/18 03:52 PM
11/05/18 03:52 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

----JESUS REACHED OUT ~~~

--Sometimes life gets busy--classes are hard, work is exhausting, the bathroom needs to be cleaned, and a coffee date is on the day's schedule. It gets to the point where I force myself to read the Bible for a few minutes a day and tell myself I'll spend more time with God next week.
But it doesn't take long before I'm distracted, drowning in the day's tasks, and forget to ask God for help of any kind. And I, most importantly forget to thank the Lord for all He does for my family and me.

When Peter was walking on water toward Jesus, he quickly become distracted by the wind and waves. Like me, he began to sink (Matthew 14:29 thru 30). But as soon as Peter cried out, immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him." --(VV 30-31)~~ bible

I often feel as if I have to make it up to God after being so busy and distracted that I lose sight of Him. But that's not how God works. As soon as we turn to Him for help, Jesus reaches out without hesitation.

When we're unsettled by the chaos of life, it's easy to forget that God is standing in the middle of the storm with us. Jesus asked Peter, "Why did you doubt?" (V. 31). No matter what we're going through, He is there. He is here. Next to us at that moment, in this moment, ready to reach out and rescue us.

--JESUS IS WAITING FOR US TO TURN TO HIM SO HE CAN REACH OUT AND HELP. WHATEVER MIGHT BE TROUBLING YOU, CALL ON JESUS. ~

--ODB/JS--/ "Imagine Me Without You"/ Jaci Velasquez / <https://youtu.be/CrG9GFuVvTM>
-----------

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #85386
12/19/18 09:42 AM
12/19/18 09:42 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

-----A REMARKABLE GIFT!

---A remarkable gift can arrive in an unremarkable package! One did in Bethlehem. We don’t often think of Paul in our Christmas reflections. Yet we should. His words in Philippians 2:5-11 are the Bible’s most eloquent summary of the Bethlehem promise.-- jesuslovesyou

“Who being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God . . .rather he made himself nothing by taking the very form of a servant, being made in human likeness, and being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death—even death on a cross.

Therefore God called him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow. . .and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father!” bible

--"Because of Bethlehem"/ML~~

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #85387
12/19/18 10:25 AM
12/19/18 10:25 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

----HOPE IS OUR STRATEGY~~

--"But as for me,
I watch in hope for
the LORD." (Micah 7:7)-- bible
-------
--MY FAVORITE FOOTBALL team has lost eight consecutive games as I write this. With each loss, it's harder to hope this season can be redeemed for them. The coach has made changes weekly, but they haven't resulted in wins. Talking with my coworkers, I've joked that merely wanting a different outcome can't guarantee it. "Hope is not a strategy," I've quipped.

That's true in football. But in our spiritual lives, it's just the opposite. Not only is cultivating hope in God a strategy, but clinging to Him in faith and trust is the only strategy.
This world often disappoints us, but hope can anchor us in God's truth and power during the turbulent times.

Micah understood this reality. He was heartbroken by how Israel had turned away from God. "What misery is mine!...The faithful have been swept from the land; not one upright person remains" (7:1-2). But then he refocused on his true hope: But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me" (V.7).

What does it take to maintain hope in harsh times? Micah shows us: Watching. Waiting. Praying. Remembering. God hears our cries even when our circumstances are overwhelming. In these moments, clinging to and acting in response to our hope in God is our strategy, the only strategy that will help us weather life's storms.~~

--"Father, You've promised to be an anchor for our hearts when circumstances look discouraging. Help us call out to You in faith. Lord, You are our Blessed Hope! We praise you and bless you, in the Name above all other names, JESUS. prayer Amen~"
--ODB/AH--/ "HOPE FOR THE HOPELESS" / By: Sierra~ <https://youtu.be/WjQ9cF36EWc>
--------

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #85414
12/20/18 10:24 AM
12/20/18 10:24 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---LIVING LIGHT DAILY DEVOTIONAL~~
----By:Pastor James Merritt
-----SIMEON--/'GOD HAS HEARD'

--“For my eyes have seen Your salvation, which You have prepared in the sight of all people, a light for revelation to the Gentiles and for glory to Your people Israel.”
---(Luke 2:30-32)--- bible

--An important, yet often-overlooked, person in the story of Christmas was a Jewish man named Simeon. His name literally means, “God has heard.” The Holy Spirit had revealed to Simeon that he would see the promised Messiah before his death. It is important to remember that it had been 400 years since God had spoken to His people through a prophet before Christ was born. Simeon’s story is one of incredible faith, as he waited and watched with great hope for God to fulfill His promise made long ago to His people Israel, and to him personally.

As the months and years went by, Simeon’s faith was not deterred. His hope was not in circumstances or in man’s calendar, but in a faithful God.
Finally, one day the Holy Spirit prompted Simeon to go to the Temple because today was the day. On that same day, a young, poor teenage couple walked up the Temple steps to fulfill the Jewish offering for their firstborn son.
That day, faith became sight for Simeon as he took the Christ-child in his arms, lifted Him up, and blessed the Lord for His faithfulness. The Messiah was here...a Savior not only for the Jews, but also for the whole world.

I find Simeon’s praise to God absolutely incredible. He referred to Jesus as God’s, “salvation,” which He had, “prepared in the sight of all people.” What did Simeon mean when he said God had prepared His salvation? That word in the original language of the New Testament (Greek) came from the Oriental custom at that time of sending people out before a king’s journey to level the roads and make them passable. God, Simeon announced, had long been preparing His people for the arrival of His Son and the salvation He would bring.

-- star It is astounding to see how the road had been made smooth, so to speak, throughout the Old Testament. The great flood demonstrated God’s wrath towards sin and those who remain in it. The covenant with Abraham demonstrated God’s desire for His people to rest in Him and trust Him for all their needs. The giving of the law to Moses showed God’s righteousness, and man’s unrighteousness. The Tabernacle taught the people that God requires a blood sacrifice for sin. The Old Testament prophecies foretold the coming of Messiah. God took every measure necessary to prepare the world for the arrival of His Son, Jesus – the Lamb of God who would bring salvation to everyone who would believe. And yet, Jesus wasn’t recognized by most as the promised Messiah...until His parents took Him to the Temple where God had prepared one man’s heart to proclaim the glory of His Son.

--To some, Simeon’s role may seem small and insignificant in the Christmas story, but that is not the case. Simeon’s example reminds us that if we believe what God has said, and live according to that belief, our lives become a testimony to the character of God, just like Simeon’s. His life testified to the faithfulness of God. He kept His promise, not only to Israel, but also to Simeon. May Christ’s birth remind us that God is faithful.

--"Holy Father, I want to be a testimony of Your faithfulness. Please continue to grow my faith in You, and help me to live in a way that brings honor and glory to Your name. In Jesus’ Name, Amen." prayer

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #85647
01/14/19 03:21 PM
01/14/19 03:21 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---THE COSMOLOGICAL ARGUMENT ~~

-"Since the creation of
the World His invisible
attributes, His eternal
power and divine nature,
have been clearly seen,
being understood through
what has been made, so that
they are without excuse."
--(Romans 1:20)--- bible

--ALTHOUGH WE cannot empirically prove whether God exists, we can make an informed decision based on the available evidence.

--The first evidence for God's existence is called the 'cosmological argument'. The cosmological argument asks, "Why is there something rather than nothing?" Look around you right now, taking careful note of everything you see. Go outside and look at the trees, the grass, and the sky. Now ask yourself, "Why do I see something rather than nothing?" The naturalist's explanation for the existence of everything we see is found in this simple formula:
- star -NO ONE X NOTHING = EVERYTHING.

Yet the existence of a vast universe (not to mention the existence of you and me) strongly suggests that Someone brought something into existence out of nothing.

In Romans 1:18-20, the Apostle Paul said, "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes., His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse."

--PTV/RJ~~
[One of the main reasons a person rejects the Lord Jesus Christ is PRIDE. Please do not let PRIDE stand between you and your eternal destiny. Jesus came to Earth to pay our sin-debt. JESUS LOVES YOU! He never sinned. Jesus died on the Cross to save you and me from spending eternity in Hell. Yes, Hell is real. Please 'Call on the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved.'~~"Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me." Are you looking for peace? Jesus said, "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." -(John 14:27)~~) --'The Power of Your Love'--Hillsong~<https://youtu.be/H9_0jiO5ZRM>
-------

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #85650
01/14/19 04:34 PM
01/14/19 04:34 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--GOD IS THE CAUSE OF EVERYTHING THAT EXISTS!

--"By Him all things
were created, both in
the Heavens and on Earth,
visible and invisible....
all things have been created
through Him and for Him."
--(Colossians 1:16)
-- bible

---One evidence of God is the immensity of our Universe. How did hundreds of billions of stars in hundreds of billions of galaxies come into existence? For years, atheists argued that the Universe always existed. But scientists now concede that the Universe had a beginning. Sir Frederick Hoyle coined the term "the Big Bang" to explain the origin of the Universe. Respected astronomers have confirmed that there are many other galaxies beyond our Milky Way and that the Universe is expanding; therefore, the Universe had a beginning.

Obviously, this theory raises a number of questions for the naturalist. From where did that dense mass of matter come? Scientists used to say that matter always existed. But is it logical to believe something came out of nothing? To say that the Universe is self-created is absurd because such a claim means that the Universe had both to exist and not exist at the same time.

A related question is, "What caused this explosion to occur?" Someone or something had to get the Creation process started. To assert that the entire Universe came from nothing and because of nothing is nonsensical. Those of us who believe that God created the Universe believe that He did so "exnihilo" (literally, "out of nothing").
He did not create the Universe out of material that already existed(ex materia") or out of Himself (ex Deo").

--PTV/RJ~--'AWESOME GOD'/ Rich Mullins~~

--------

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #85727
01/21/19 01:38 PM
01/21/19 01:38 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---THANKS FOR WHO GOD IS~~~

--"Let us come
before Him with
thanksgiving...
for the LORD is
the great God."
--(PSALM 95:2-3)-- bible

--AMONG THOUSANDS OF sentiments printed on greeting cards, perhaps one of the most touching is this simple statement: "Thanks for being you." If you receive that card, you know that someone cares for you not because you did something spectacular for that person but because you're appreciated for your essence.

I wonder if this kind of sentiment might indicate for us one of the best ways to say "thank you" to God. Sure, there are times when God intervenes in our lives in a tangible way, and we say something like, "Thank You, Lord, for allowing me to get that job." But most often, we simply say, "Thank You, God, for being who You are."

That's what's behind verses like 1 Chronicles 16:34: "Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever." Thank You, God for who You are--good and loving. And Psalm 7:17: "I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteouness." Thank You, God for who You are--the Holy One. And "Let us come before him with thanksgiving...for the Lord is the great God" (PSALM 95:2-3). Thank You, God, for who you are--the Almighty God of the Universe.

Who God is. That's reason enough for us to stop what we are doing and praise and thank Him. 'Thank You, God, for just being You! Thank You, Lord for dying for my sins, so I can spend eternity with you in Heaven, praising Your Holy Name. horray

--THERE ARE COUNTLESS REASONS TO THANK GOD, INCLUDING FOR WHO HE IS!

--ODB/DB--"FOREVER"/ Chris Tomlin ~ <https://youtu.be/gUH_NzfRmbs>
-----------

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #87338
04/18/19 09:56 AM
04/18/19 09:56 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

------GOING HOME~~
-----(PLEASE READ/ Revelation 21:1-21)-- crackthebook

---The longer we live as Christians, the more we should feel like strangers in this world. Something within us recognizes that we’re outsiders here, and we yearn for that day when Jesus opens the door of heaven and welcomes us home. Although everything that God has prepared for us is beyond our comprehension, John helps us catch a glimpse by describing the contrast between what we know in this world and what it will be like in Heaven.

**God will dwell among us.Throughout history, no human being could see God, but that barrier won’t remain, because sin will be eradicated in us. Since we will be completely righteous forever, we will no longer have to continually fight off unholy urges.

**Sin’s consequences will pass away. All the suffering that has afflicted us will end. There will be no more tears, death, mourning, or pain. That is when we will discover firsthand the truth of Psalm 16:11: “In Your presence is fullness of joy; in Your right hand there are pleasures forever.”

**Our new home will be glorious. Jesus assured His disciples He was going to prepare a place for them in His Father’s house (John 14:2-3). The location is the New Jerusalem, and since it’s a cube 1,500 miles on a side (Revelation 21:16), there’ll be plenty of room for every believer. That remarkable place radiates the brilliance of God’s glory like a large multi-faceted diamond—John compared its beauty to a bride who’s adorned for her husband on their wedding day.

Fix a mental image of John’s description in your mind. In those moments when this life disappoints you, remember that you’re not Home yet.
--IN TOUCH~
-[Friends, many of us, Christians and unbelievers, are concerned about the weather, climate change, wars, and all the things we 'see'. But Jesus told us it would be this way. Are we worried about the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches? No, if Jesus is Lord of your life, you can rest assured that He is in control and He will return to gather us, His bride, to live with Him forever. As long as we live on Earth, we are in a spiritual battle. "Even so, Come Lord Jesus." Please, if you have not received Jesus as your Lord and Savior, do so now. "No one knows the day or hour the Son of Man will return. We are told in Scripture to be always ready. Trust Jehovah YAHWEH, YHWH. He is in control. "Does not the God of all the Earth do right?" YES and AMEN!
If you have not asked Jesus to be Lord of your life, please do so now. "By faith..if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him for the dead, you will be saved;
"For with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confess, resulting in salvation. For the Scripture says, "Whoever believes in Him will not be ashamed. Whoever will call on the Name of the LORD will be saved." --(Romans 10: verses 8 thru 13)]

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #88011
05/29/19 01:24 PM
05/29/19 01:24 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---BOWL OF TEARS~~

-"As for me, I call to
God, and the LORD
saves me."
--(Psalm 55:16)

--IN BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS, a plaque title "Crossing the Bowl of Tears" remembers those who braved the Atlantic to escape death during the catastrophic Irish potato famine of the late 1840s. More than a million people died in that disaster, when another million or more abandoned home to cross the ocean which John Boyle O'Reilly poetically called "a bowl of tears." Driven by hunger and heartache, these travelers sought some measure of hope during desperate times.

In Psalm 55, David shares how he pursued hope. While we're uncertain about the specifics of the threat he faced, the weight of his experience was enough to break him emotionally (vv. 4-5). His instinctive reaction was to pray, "Oh, that I had the wings of a dove! I would fly away and be at rest" (v.6)

Like David, we may want to flee to safety in the midst of painful circumstances. After considering his plight, however, David chose to run to his God instead of running from his heartache singing, "As for me, I call to God, and the LORD saves me" (v.16).

When trouble comes, remember that the God of all comfort is able to carry you through your darkest moments and deepest fears. He promises that one day He Himself will wipe away every tear from our eyes (REVELATION 21:4). Strengthened by this assurance, we can confidently trust Him with our tears, hopes, and promises.~~

--"Father, when life feels overwhelming, give me strength.
Give me Your presence and comfort, for without You, I 'm lost.
Thank You, Lord God, that you will never leave us nor forsake us, in Jesus Name."~
--"Remember"~~ Lauren Daigle ~ <https://youtu.be/B9TE8D5Vs8k>
---------------

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #88828
08/14/19 12:41 PM
08/14/19 12:41 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---REMOVING THE BARRIERS ~~

--"He is very dear to me but even dearer to you, both as a fellow man and as a brother in the Lord."
---(Philemon 1:16)

---I SAW Mary every Tuesday when I visited "the House"---a home that helps former prisoners reintegrate into society. Fresh out of jail, fighting addictions, separated from her son, she lived on the edge of society.

Like Mary, Onesimus knew what it meant to live on society's edge. As a slave, Onesimus had apparently wronged his Christian master, Philemon, and was in prison. While there, he met Paul and came to faith in Christ (v.10). Paul sent him back to Philemon with a letter urging him to receive Onesimus "no longer as a slave, but better than a slave, as a dear brother" (Philemon 1:16).

Like Philemon I had a choice to make: Would I see Mary as an ex-convict and a recovering addict--or as a sister-in-the-Lord? We were privileged to walk together in our journey of faith, and I'm glad I chose to see her as my spiritual sister.

It's easy to allow society's walls to separate believers. But the Gospel of Christ removes those barriers, changing our lives and our relationships forever. ~~

--"God Hears Her"/ Karen ~
--- ---"RESCUE" --/ Lauren Daigle / <https://youtu.be/9h-FmatSk4k>

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #88835
08/15/19 08:39 AM
08/15/19 08:39 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---NOT ASHAMED / CHRIST JESUS PAID MY SIN-DEBT ~

--"We have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world."
---(1 John 4:14 / NIV)-- bible

---There is a huge amount of messaging today that says, “You should be ashamed of the gospel.” We’re reminded of bad chapters from the history of the Church and bad actors in the name of the Church. We hear, “How dare you advocate for that. You should be ashamed!”

-My response is, “How dare you manipulate history and twist the record and deny my heritage. I am not ashamed of the gospel!” I’m not ashamed to say I believe that Jesus of Nazareth is the Messiah, God’s Son. I’m not ashamed to say I believe that He was born of a virgin and died on a Roman cross. I’m not ashamed to say I believe God raised Him to life again, and He ascended to Heaven, where He is seated at the right hand of the Father. I’m not ashamed to say He’s coming back to the earth to judge the living and the dead. I’m not ashamed to say that every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is Lord of all. No, I’m not ashamed of the gospel!

THINK ABOUT IT
Grace is free but it is not cheap. Jesus paid the price for our redemption that we might be free to live for Him. No matter the argument or opposition, let’s determine to identify with and own the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

PRAYER
"Heavenly Father, I am not ashamed of the Gospel—it is an honor to proclaim that Jesus is my Savior and Lord over all. Help me not be embarrassed and therefore miss opportunities to attest to the grace and truth that come through Him and Him alone. In Jesus’ name, amen."
Blessings,
Pastor Allen Jackson

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #89508
10/18/19 01:12 PM
10/18/19 01:12 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--UNFAILING LOVE / GOD IS LOVE ~~
---[Touching Lives/Pastor James Merritt]

---“For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
----(Romans 8:38-39)-- bible

---As humans, we all struggle with the idea of love. What is love? Will it last? People stop loving one another for just about any and every reason. Marriages break up because; “We just don’t love each other anymore.” Friends fall out and quit loving each other. Most human love is limited and conditional. I love you “if” and I’ll quit loving you “when.”

Then we look at ourselves and we really have trouble believing that a God who is so perfect could love us who are so imperfect and that a loving God could love unlovable me, because deep down we all know we are not worthy of His love.

Put simply, God’s love is unlimited and God’s love is unconditional. It doesn’t matter what you do – God will still love you. You can desert God like the disciples did – He will still love you. You can deny God like Peter did, and He will still love you. You can doubt God like Thomas did, and He will still love you.

Think about the words in Romans 8: 38-39…nothing and no one can ever separate you from the love of God. You may be separated from your spouse, from your parents, or from your kids. You will never be separated from the love of God. You will never hear God say the words, “I don’t love you anymore.” This God of grace will never forsake you, never fail you, and never forget you.

Whatever struggle you are facing right now…a worry, a problem, a situation, or a heartache…God loves you. When it seems like the whole world is against you, God’s faithfulness will never fail you. When sin and Satan accuses you, God’s court will never condemn you. When you think nobody cares about you, God’s love will never leave you.~

[-We know from Scripture that the devil is the accuser of the brethren. (Revelation 12:10] Satan is a liar, and the father of all lies. Don't listen to him. LISTEN TO JEHOVAH GOD!]

--"Heavenly Father, I am so grateful that no matter what I face, Your love is my constant confidence. Thank You, Lord for saving me and loving me. Because of Jesus dying on the Cross, I am now free. "God is love" -[1 John 4:8] "Whom the Son sets free is free indeed.~ [JOHN 8:32,36]~ In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #89512
10/19/19 10:12 AM
10/19/19 10:12 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---A SECOND CHANCE ~~

"I will instruct you and teach you in the way
you should go; I will counsel you with my
loving eye on you."
--(Psalm 32:8 / NIV) ~~~~ bible

--I was playing tennis with my friend John when I suddenly collapsed. My heart had stopped. John rushed for help and in a few minutes a woman arrived and began CPR. She was able to restore my heartbeat until the paramedics arrived. On the way to the hospital my heart stopped again, but the EMTs restarted my heart a second time.
The doctors determined I needed surgery. After hours in the operating room, doctors implanted a pacemaker to regulate my heart. Within a few days, I was able to return home and eventually made a complete recovery.

Since my near-death experience I have often questioned and tried to understand why God spared me. I may never know the answer, but I now realize that God's ways are often not the same as mine.

When the unexpected happens or anytime we face troubles or hardships we can't control, we can rely on our faith and remember that God is always here to comfort and guide us. Through trials and dangers such as these, we can grow in our faith and draw closer to God.~~
--"Draw near to God and He will draw near to You."--(James 4:8)

"Thank You, Lord G-D, for loving us. Help us not to rely on our own understanding but always to trust in You to lead us in the way we should go. We thank You and bless Your Holy Name, YAHWEH =YHWH~ amen"

---Upper Room/ JC

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #89825
11/16/19 11:43 AM
11/16/19 11:43 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

~~~QUESTIONS FOR GOD ~~

---"Go in the strength you have...I will be with you."
---(Judges 6:14,16)-- bible

~~~DO YOU ever wonder why God has allowed suffering in your life? Old Testament hero Gideon did. One day "the angel of the LORD appeared to him and said, 'Mighty hero, the LORD is with you!" Gideon responded, "If the LORD is with us, why has all this happened to us?" (Judges 6:12-13 / NLT). Gideon wanted to know why it seemed as if God had abandoned His people.

God didn't answer that question. After Gideon had endured seven years of enemy attacks, starvation, and hiding in caves, God didn't explain why He never intervened. God could have revealed Israel's past sin as the reason, but instead He gave Gideon hope for the future. God said, "Go with the strength you have...I will be with you" (vv. 14,16 / NLT).

When Gideon finally believed that God was with him and would help him, he built an altar and called it "the LORD is peace" (v.24), Jehovah Shalom.~~.

There is peace in knowing that whatever we do and wherever we go, we go with God who promised never to leave or forsake His followers. We can always trust our LORD, El-Shaddai, the Almighty God.~~

---"Heavenly Father, there is so much we do not understand. We take Your Word as truth. ~~ "All scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; So that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work." [2 Timothy 3:16,17/ NASB]
---ODB/JBS~
[Friend, God can not lie. It is impossible for our Creator to lie. Let's take hold of the hope set before us and trust His promises. [Hebrews 6:18] ~
~~~~~~~

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #91067
02/07/20 12:39 PM
02/07/20 12:39 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--Our God is An Awesome G-D! Jehovah Jireh will provide what we need.~~

~~"God is not a man, that he should lie."
----(Numbers 23:19/ KJV)

~~One time my husband Keith and I were driving to Yosemite National Park in the late winter. We had reached the town of Fresno, California, when we encountered signs on the sides of the road that chains would be required before we could proceed. We didn't have chains, having driven up from Los Angeles, where snow is nonexistent.
So we pulled into the parking lot of an old auto parts warehouse and went in to ask for chains for our VW bug automobile.

The man behind the counter wore a red plaid flannel shirt, overalls with frayed suspenders, and a huge mustache that hadn't been trimmed recently. When he smiled, he was missing a front tooth. His hands were big and greasy, and he looked like he would be more at home tinkering with a tractor than greeting us.

We told him what we needed, and he turned to the computer terminal on the counter. "Let's see what this things says," he said. He input his request and then stared at the monitor screen for a long time.

Then he looked up at us. "We just put this in a couple of weeks ago. It says we don't have any of those chains, but you know, I just don't believe it. You folks wait here."

He vanished into the cavernous depths of the warehouse and emerged in a minute with our chains in his hands. "I don't never fall for false prophets," he said with satisfaction. smile ~~

"Lord Jesus, in this age of high technology, keep me grateful for the human touch, with Your guiding hand.~ amen"

--Daily Guideposts//RB~--
---"Awesome God"/Rich Mullins// <https://youtu.be/5IuL60_1-Fw>
~~~~~~~~~~~

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #91069
02/07/20 02:41 PM
02/07/20 02:41 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

----Always A Winner ~~

-"If we live, we live for the Lord; and if we die, we die for
the Lord. So whether we live or die, we belong to the
Lord." ~~(Romans 14:8 / NIV)

~~~As my friend Charles approached serious heart surgery, he had great peace. He explained: "Whatever way it turns out, I'm a winner." A few years later, he faced another heart procedure with the same peace and the same words.

When the apostle Paul wrote to the Christians in Rome, he told them that whether they lived or died they would always be with Jesus, and Jesus would always be with them. Eventually, Charles did pass from this world and went to be with the Lord Jesus. He is a winner!

The truth of Charles's words provide comfort and a faithful example for me. Whenever any of us faces a trial, because of our faith in Christ, we can say: "Whatever way it turns out, I'm a winner." ~~ horray
~~"To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord." --[2 Corinthians 5:8]

--"There's Nothing That Our God Can't Do"// (lyrics) Kristian Stanfill //<https://youtu.be/QJ3ZURVl3nY>
~~~~~

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #91513
04/16/20 02:17 PM
04/16/20 02:17 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

~~~DOUBTING THOMAS TURNS INTO A BELIEVING FOLLOWER!

--"My Lord and my God!" Thomas exclaimed.
---(John 20:28) -- horray

--ONE OF the things that amazes me most about God is the way He is able to work with our doubts and turn them into something else. By a divine alchemy we can never comprehend, God turns the straw of our lives into gold.

He promises this in His Word: "I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do: I will not forsake them" (Isaiah 42:16 /NIV).

We all have our rough edges that require smoothing. The disciple Thomas was famous for his--think of him and one word comes to mind: doubt. Thomas is best remembered for his worst doubt: "Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe it" (John 20:25 / NIV).

But there's much more to Thomas than doubt alone. Thomas loved Jesus deeply. Earlier, when the disciples tried to talk Jesus out of going back to Judea, where he would face sure danger, Thomas was the first to show himself faithful. He said, "Let us also go, so that we may die with Him" (John 11:16).

The Bible is full of the prayers of people like Thomas--people who love God and are committed to Him but struggle in the moment. Moses said to God, "Who am I, that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the Israelites out of Egypt? ... O Lord, please send someone else to do it" (Exodus 3:11, 4:13 / NIV). Jeremiah complained, "Lord, you misled me, and I allowed myself to be misled" (Jeremiah 20:7). Gideon asked, "How can I rescue Israel? My clan is the weakest in the whole tribe of Manasseh, and I am the least in my entire family!" (Judges 6:15). Job lamented, "I cry to you, O God, but you don't answer. I stand before you, but you don't even look" (Job 30:20). If these prayers are anything, they are honest. God wants us to be real with Him. He deeply desires "truth in the inner parts" (Psalm 51:6 / NIV). And when we give ourselves to Him, questions and all, He is able to take our struggles and forge them into faith.

That's what happened with Thomas. When Thomas called out, "My Lord and my God" (John 20:28), he was the first disciple to grasp that Jesus was God in the flesh, standing right in front of him. God used Thomas's struggles to get him there. In a single moment Thomas takes a huge leap of faith over the heads of the other disciples and lands on his knees in a striking confession of faith.

When we pray our questions and are honest with God about them, He who is able to accomplish "infinitely more than we might ask or think" (Ephesians 3:20) [He] can bring good from them we never imagined.

Christ is a strong Savior! He is so strong, He can even take that "something that's holding us back--that challenge we can't quite get over--and turn it into a subject of praise.--" signpraisegod
Thomas is proof of it--proof that God is able to shape every facet of even our darkest doubts unto they shine with everlasting light.
For that to happen, we have to give them to Him. We have to trust in our Lord, Savior, and Redeemer Jesus Christ.~~

--[Praying the Prayers of the Bible/ JB~]
-- ---"Raise a Hallelujah"/ Passion (feat Brett Younker) // <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0l9hzxF730>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #91514
04/16/20 03:26 PM
04/16/20 03:26 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---'While We Were Still Sinners, Christ Died For Us!

---In Romans 5:8 the Apostle Paul tells us that, "God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners,
Christ died for us." While we were dead in our sins, Christ reached out His nail-pierced hand and said, "Come unto Me,
and I will give you peace, love, rest, life, and that more abundantly! COME, just as you are."

Calvary's hill is where seeming weakness and shame are turned into strength and honor. Calvary is where God turned thorns into a Crown, a Cross into into a Throne, and a sinner like me (you) into a Saint. Thanks be to God who always causes us to have victory through Christ Jesus our Lord and Savior. Give Him Praise! \o/

~~The blood of Jesus paid our sin-debt. Give Him PRAISE! JESUS IS ALIVE! -- jesuslovesyou

---'BETTER WORD' (Leeland / live video) <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOgYFwFemB0>
~~~~~~~

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #91515
04/17/20 09:53 AM
04/17/20 09:53 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

~~CONFIDENT AND COURAGEOUS ~~

“The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."
---(Deuteronomy 31:8 / NIV)

Moses is reminding Joshua that he will not be alone as he leads God’s people to the land He had promised them. Here, as throughout Scripture, when God is sending His people in a new direction or commissioning a leader, one of the most common statements is: “Don’t be afraid, and don’t be discouraged.”

Humans are very susceptible and vulnerable to fear and discouragement. If we weren’t, we wouldn’t be consistently warned about them. They will immobilize you and keep you from God’s best in your life. We also know that if God said to not be afraid or discouraged, it’s possible to lead fearless and courageous lives. I have determined that with the help of the Spirit of God I will not forfeit one of God’s invitations in my life because of fear or discouragement. Yes, we will be faced with frightening and discouraging things, but we will have to determine in our hearts that we will depend on His strength and not turn back.

THINK ABOUT IT
Your adversary will always focus on your weaknesses and failures, both past and potential. Be encouraged by God’s Word to refocus on God’s strength and faithfulness, and go forward with confidence in Him. [During this time in our lives, we have much time on our hands. Let's be sure to read the Holy Bible, His Word, and He will speak to us. We speak to Him, by way of prayer, but we must also listen for His still-small voice. We worship in prayers and songs. It's a two-way communication to our heavenly Father.]

PRAYER
~~"Heavenly Father, I am determined by grace to not be mastered by any fear except the fear of the Lord. Thank You for Your Spirit of power and love that casts out my fears and encourages my heart in every good work and purpose. In Jesus’ name, amen."
Blessings,
Pastor Allen Jackson

~~~~~//"Forever Amen" // Steffany Gretzinger // <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXWI9JIIreg>
~~~~~~~~~~~

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #91588
05/07/20 09:08 AM
05/07/20 09:08 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

~~Worthy of Our Praise

~~[PLEASE READ // ~ Revelation 5:1-14~ ~~ bible]

~~In John’s vision, angels surround the throne in heaven and sing, “Worthy is the Lamb!”

From the apostle’s glimpse into the heavenly realm, it was clear that the Lord rules over earthly kings—even over the emperor Domitian, who at the time was set on destroying followers of Christ. Like other Roman emperors, he wanted to be worshipped as god and felt threatened by the believers’ faith. Understandably, early Christians needed to be reminded that Jesus, the Lamb, reigns over all.

Throughout Scripture, the Lord has established that He alone is God. Consider King Nebuchadnezzar, who was warned that he would be humbled in order to recognize that “the Most High is ruler over the realm of mankind” (Dan. 4:17). Indeed, Nebuchadnezzar, who had vast power, in time learned that the King of heaven is worthy, “for all His works are true and His ways just, and He is able to humble those who walk in pride” (Dan. 4:37).

One day, all creation will bow before Jesus and confess that He alone is Lord (Phil. 2:9-11). But we don’t have to wait; we can worship Him now. We can also pray that, like Nebuchadnezzar, those who have been given great power will receive revelation of who Jesus truly is.
~~IN TOUCH~

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #91723
05/29/20 11:15 AM
05/29/20 11:15 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--CHEERFUL GIVERS AND CHEER-FILLED HEARTS!

--"God loves a cheerful give."--[2 Corinthians 9:7]

--"Because Your lovingkindness is better than life,
-My lips will praise You." --[Psalm 63:3]

---Years ago, my wife received a small rebate from something she'd purchased. It wasn't something she'd expected, it just showed up on the mail. About the same time, a good friend shared with her the immense needs of women in another country, entrepreneurial-minded women trying to better themselves by way of education and business. As is often the case, however, their first barrier was financial.

My wife took that rebate and made a micro-loan to a ministry devoted to helping these women. When the loan was repaid, she simply loaned again, and again, and so far has made twenty-seven such investments. My wife enjoys many things, but there's rarely a smile as big on her face as when she receives an update on the flourishing taking place in the lives of women she's never met.

We often hear emphasis on the last word in this phrase -- "God loves a cheerful giver" (2 Corinthians 9:7)--and rightly so. But our giving has a specific quality about it--it shouldn't be done "reluctantly or under compulsion," and we're called not to sow "sparingly" (vv. 6-7). In a word, our giving is to be "cheerful." And while each of us will give a little differently, our faces are places for telling evidences of our cheer. Both the giver and the receiver will give praise to the Lord for their blessing. ~~

--ODB/JB~--"Heart Of Worship"//Phillips, Craig, and Dean =<https://youtu.be/b0vgJrka3no>
~~~~~~~~~~

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #91724
05/29/20 11:54 AM
05/29/20 11:54 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--DEEP-ROOTED FAITH~~

-"The seed falling on good soil refers to someone who
hears the word and understands it." - (Matthew 13:23)-- angelwing

~~The Holy Oak stood next to Basking Ridge Presbyterian Church in New Jersey for more than six hundred years until it had to be removed.
At its prime, the twisting branches spanned high and wide. Cool breezes rustled its green leaves and acorns. An oak's main root grows vertically, roots spreads horizontally to supply the tree with a lifetime of moisture and nutrients. This intricate root system often grows more massive than the tree it supports and serves as a lifeline and an anchor for stabilizing the trunk.

Most of our life-giving growth occurs beneath the surface. When Jesus explained the parable of the sower to His disciples, He emphasized the importance of being firmly planted in a personal relationship with the Father. As we grow in the knowledge of God as revealed through the Scriptures, our faith roots are sustained by His Spirit. God helps His followers thrive through ever-changing circumstances, trials, persecution, and worry (Matthew 13:18-23).

Our loving Father nourishes our hearts with His Word. As His Spirit transforms our character, He makes sure the fruit of our deep-rooted faith becomes evident to people around us. ~~

~"Loving Father, please change me from the inside out and anchor me in faith rooted
deep in the unchanging Scriptures. Thank You, LORD, for sending your only begotten
Son, Jesus Christ, to assure us eternal life by His empty grave. \o/ ~~

---"Remember" (lyrics) //By: Passion //<https://youtu.be/34dN7-dO0CA>
~~~~~~~

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #91876
06/22/20 01:13 PM
06/22/20 01:13 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--THE MAN IN SEAT 2D~

--"Be rich in good deeds, and be generous and willing to share."
---(1 TImothy 6:18)

--Kelsey navigated the narrow airplane aisle with her eleven-month-old daughter, Lucy, and Lucy's oxygen machine. They were traveling to seek treatment for her baby's chronic lung disease.
Shortly after settling into their shared seat, a flight attendant approached Kelsey, saying a passenger in first class wanted to switch seats with her. With tears of gratitude streaming down her face, Kelsey made her way back up the aisle to the more spacious seat, while the benevolent stranger made his way toward hers.

Kelsey's benefactor embodied the kind of generosity Paul encourages in his letter to Timothy. Paul told Timothy to instruct those in his care with the command to "do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share" (1 Timothy 6:18). It's tempting, Paul says, to become arrogant and put our hope in the riches of this world. Instead, he suggests that we focus on living a life of generosity and service to others, becoming "rich" in good deeds, like the man from seat 2D on Kelsey's flight.

Whether we find our selves with plenty or in want, we all can experience the richness of living generously by being willing to share what we have with others. When we do, Paul says we will "take hold of the life that is truly life" (v.19).

--"Lord G-D, please give me a generous heart and spirit as I renew my hope in You. Thank You, Lord, for leading and guiding us, [Your people] in Your eternal way. amen~"
--ODB/KH~
--"MIRACLES"/(lyric video) Colton Dixon ~~<https://youtu.be/Uhc2YdCzXtE>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #91922
06/29/20 10:54 AM
06/29/20 10:54 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--RENEWED STRENGTH~~

--"Praise the LORD...who satisfies your desires with good things." (Psalm 103:1, 5) ~ crackthebook

~~Psychiatrist Robert Coles once noticed a pattern in those who burn out while serving others. The first warning sign is weariness. Next comes cynicism about things ever improving, then bitterness, despair, depression, and finally burnout.

After writing a book about recovering from broken dreams, I once entered a busy season of conference speaking. Helping people find hope after disappointment was richly rewarding, but came at a cost. One day, about to step on stage, I thought I was going to faint. I hadn't slept well, a vacation hadn't fixed my weariness, and the thought of hearing another person's problems afterward filled me with dread. I was following Coles' pattern.

Scriptures gives two strategies for beating burnout. In Isaiah 40, the weary soul is renewed when it hopes in the Lord (vv. 29-31). I needed to rest in God, trusting Him to work, rather than pushing on in my own dwindling strength. And Psalm 103 says God renews us by satisfying our desires with good things (v.5). While this includes forgiveness and redemption (vv. 3-4), provisions of joy and play come from Him too. When I reworked my schedule to include more prayer, rest, and hobbies like photography, I began to feel healthy again.

Burnout begins with weariness. Let's stop it from going further. We serve others best when our lives include both worship and rest. ~~

"Loving God, I want to rise in strength like the eagle today. I trust You to work in my exhausting situation, and receive Your soul-filling gifts with gladness. Thank You, my Lord, Savior and King above all kings, in Jesus Name.~ amen"

--"Through All Of It" (lyric video)// Colton Dixon //<https://youtu.be/1I_IUXQDjJQ>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #91924
06/29/20 02:23 PM
06/29/20 02:23 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--MEDITATE ON OUR CREATOR ~~

--"They speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty--and I will meditate on your wonderful works." - bible

~~~Some Christians get a little skeptical when you start talking about meditation--not recognizing the distinction between biblical meditation and some types of mystical meditation. In mystical meditation, according to one explanation, "the rational mind is shifted into neutral....so that the psyche can take over." The focus is inward, and the aim is to "become one with god." [not Jehovah God, who is Yahweh, YHWH.]

In contrast, biblical meditation focuses on the things of the Lord, and its purpose is to renew our minds (Romans 12:2) so we think and act more like Christ. Its objective is to reflect on what God has said and done (Psalm 77:12; 119:15-16, 97) and on what He is like (48:9-14).

In Psalm 19:14 David wrote "May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, LORD."

Fill your mind with Scripture and focus on the Lord's commands and promises and goodness. And remember: whatever is true, noble, just, pure, lovely, and of good report, "if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things" (Philippians 4:8).
---"CREATOR GOD HE IS YAHWEH~ YHWH ~
--"He is Yahweh" (HebraicChristianity) //<https://youtu.be/RDcNfk1fDyo>
~~~~~~~~~

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #91925
06/29/20 06:29 PM
06/29/20 06:29 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--WHEN DISCOURAGED~~

~~~"Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me;
You will stretch out your hand
Against the wrath of my enemies,
And Your right hand will save me."
--(PSALM 138:7)
-- angelwing

--"Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me."
---(John 14:1)

~"Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."
---(John 14:27)

~~"Therefore do not cast away your confidence which has great reward.
For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise."
---(Hebrews 10:35,36)

~~"Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart,
All you who hope in the LORD."
--(Psalm 31:24)

--"JESUS IS YOUR SUFFICIENCY~~

~~"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
--(Philippians 4:13) -- bible

--"Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them."
--(Mark 11:24)

~~"Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God."
--(2 Corinthians 3:5)

"--Breath of Heaven"/ Chris Eaton // <https://youtu.be/JazLVfkyzh0>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #91932
06/30/20 01:17 PM
06/30/20 01:17 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--Do What's Right In God's Eyes ~~

--"The law of the LORD is perfect, restoring the soul~
The testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.
The precepts of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart;
The commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.
The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring forever;
The judgments of the LORD are true; they are
righteous altogether." --[PSALM 19 thru 9) -- bible

~~~Your Attitude Toward God ~~

"Guard your steps as you go to the house of God and draw near to listen rather than to offer the sacrifice of fools;
for they do not know they are doing evil.
"Do not be hasty in word or impulsive in thought to bring up a matter in the presence of God.
For God is in heaven and you are on the earth; therefore let your words be few" --[Ecclesiastes 5:1-2] grouppray

~~"Who You Are To Me" // Chris Tomlin (and friends/ feat Lady A) <https://youtu.be/7RIWWFxXkDs>
~~~~~~~~

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #91933
06/30/20 01:43 PM
06/30/20 01:43 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--LORD, I GIVE YOU MY ALL~~

--We were created for community (see Genesis 2:18). And in Ecclesiastes 4:10, Solomon describes how vulnerable we are when we're alone: "Pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up."
There's strength in numbers, he added, for "though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken" (v.12). - grouppray

This is true for us spiritually and physically. God never intended for us to be alone, vulnerably isolated. We need relationships with each other for encouragement, refreshment, and growth.

Together, we can stand firm when life's headwinds gust our way. Together. ~~
--ODB/AH~
--"Alabaster Heart"// Kalley Heiligenthal // <https://youtu.be/6BYdxsUWCYc>
~~~~~~~

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #92188
07/30/20 10:59 AM
07/30/20 10:59 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

~~GOD HAS THE LAST WORD ~~

--"We have the word of the prophets made more certain, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts."
--(2 Peter 1:19/ NIV)

They may not seem very relevant to us, but Peter says it will help us to be aware of the words of the biblical prophets. What is the next big event on God’s prophetic calendar? The return of Jesus.

Skeptics say that’s been true since He left in the first century, but we know from Scripture that before that happens the nation of Israel had to be reformulated and the Jewish homeland established there. For 2,000 years that was like saying “Once upon a time” or “Far, far away.” Today, the nation of Israel exists, the United States has recognized Jerusalem as the united capital of the Jewish people in the land of Israel, and we moved our embassy there. Those were necessary steps before we could say, “Next up is the return of the King.” Don’t minimize the role of the ancient prophets, because their words help us understand what God is doing in the earth today.

THINK ABOUT IT
The words of the biblical prophets bring hope and assurance that the dark times we live in do not dictate the final word. Isaiah declared that the Word of the Lord stands forever, so we know that God has the last word! Where in your life have prophetic scriptures brought you hope?

PRAYER
~~"Heavenly Father, You see the end from the beginning. Your Word is ahead of the news. It stands forever, assuring my hope and giving me peace. Help me search the word of Your prophets, to understand my times and the wisest response. Help me, Lord, to never be ashamed of You and your Word. 'Even so, Come Lord Jesus.' In Jesus’ name, amen."
Blessings,
Pastor Allen Jackson~~

~~~~~~~~

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #92198
07/30/20 02:02 PM
07/30/20 02:02 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

----A PATTERN FOR SERVANTHOOD ~~

--[Please Read/ /John 13:1-17] -- crackthebook

Jesus told His disciples, “Whoever wishes to become great among you shall be your servant” (Matt. 20:26). In Bible times, the lowest servant of the house washed dusty feet. So the disciples must have been surprised when Jesus performed this humble task for them. He explained His shocking behavior by saying, “If I then, the Lord and the Teacher, washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet” (John 13:14).

True servanthood is not a popular topic because many people regard it as beneath them. But God wants us to see ourselves as living sacrifices. To serve the Lord well, we must be willing do whatever He asks for whomever He asks. Our Christlikeness is evident when we love God and others so much that we willingly humble ourselves for their sake. We are to serve one another with humility and love. ~~

Jesus performed one of the lowliest tasks of His day to demonstrate His servanthood. What are you willing to do for Him? Friend, No one has ever loved you like Jesus. 'Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends." -[John 15:13].

--IN TOUCH~
--"No One Ever Cared For Me Like Jesus" // Steffany Gretzinger //<https://youtu.be/YsQgZzQDups>
~~~~~~~~~

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #92202
07/31/20 10:20 AM
07/31/20 10:20 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

~~~ALWAYS AVAILABLE, ACCESSIBLE, WILLING ~~

“--"I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you.”
---[John 16:7/ NASB] -- bible

I’m confident that Peter, James, and John did not believe they would be better off without Jesus. He was their Lord, and they could not imagine that anything positive would happen if He went away and left them behind.
But if you read the book of Acts, it’s apparent by the end of the story that what God had begun in Jesus’ life was being multiplied through the lives of His Spirit-filled followers. The same Spirit of God who empowered those early Christians is still present in the earth to help us today. The Holy Spirit is more than a theological theory or abstract concept. He is a Person who is actively working to help the Church of Jesus Christ complete our assignment. He is never distant; He is always available, accessible, and willing to help us. If we intend to mature as believers and accomplish God’s purposes for our lives, we must learn to recognize Him, understand Him, and cooperate with Him.

THINK ABOUT IT
Welcoming God’s Holy Spirit will help you transition from knowing about God to knowing and experiencing Him personally. He has so much to offer you: help, comfort, gifts, and fruit—all of which honor Jesus.

PRAYER
--"Heavenly Father, thank You for sending Your Holy Spirit to help, guide, and empower me. Forgive me for the times when I have grieved Him through my disobedience and unbelief. Holy Spirit, help me to know and cooperate with You more. In Jesus’ name, amen."

[**Jesus said, "I and the Father are One." // We must accept this by faith. The Lord's ways are much higher than our ways and past our finding out." If you can receive it, accept this by FAITH." ]
Blessings,
Pastor Allen Jackson
/ "There Was Jesus" // Zach Williams & Dolly Parton=<https://youtu.be/3CNqhpRycfY>
~~~~~~

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #92303
08/10/20 10:47 AM
08/10/20 10:47 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

~~Unapologetic Belief // Believe Integrity of Scripture ~~

~~"He was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed."
---(Isaiah 53:5 / NIV) -- bible

~~Hundreds of years ago a faction of theologians emerged who questioned the integrity of Scripture, and the book of Isaiah was under particular assault.
Among their theories was that the book was not God’s prophecies given to one man, but a collection of prophecies written by several people. Some rabbis chimed in, saying that no Hebrew prophet would have written the Messianic chapter 53, so Christians must have inserted that.

~In 1948 a shepherd boy looking for a lost sheep near the Dead Sea threw a rock into a cave. He heard a jar break, began exploring, and found a scroll that would be identified as the scroll of Isaiah. It was a thousand years older and identical to the scroll of Isaiah that was considered authoritative; it had been hand copied by Hebrew scribes. One shepherd kid discredited an entire body of scholarship when he found a scroll in a jar in a cave by the Dead Sea. You never have to be embarrassed because you believe in the integrity of Scripture.

THINK ABOUT IT
It’s popular in our culture to trust scientific theory over the assertions of Scripture. But over the years we’ve seen many examples of science eventually verifying its claims. When given the option, determine to give God’s Word the benefit of the doubt. "Jesus is the same yesterday and today and forever." --[Hebrews 13:8]

PRAYER
-"Heavenly Father, Your inspired Word has been recorded with integrity and preserved accurately, sometimes at the cost of Your servants’ lives. Help me do my part to love and honor Your Word and faithfully present it to this generation. In Jesus’ name, amen."
Blessings,
Pastor Allen Jackson~~
--"Not Even Now" // Alisa Turner = <https://youtu.be/AcOzqEvLuUY>
~~~~~~~~~~

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #92304
08/10/20 12:28 PM
08/10/20 12:28 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--SOLID AND SURE~~

--"Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our "God is a consuming fire."
[Hebrews 12:28-29)

~~~Scripture says that the Kingdom of God cannot be shaken--not will not be shaken, but cannot be shaken.
And we're invited to a perspective that the Kingdom of God is the only stable thing we can invest ourselves in.

Here's the challenge for Christ-followers: Imagine yourself beneath the umbrella of the Church of Jesus Christ. You are not just religious, but you have chosen to yield your life to the authority of Jesus Christ. If your life choices, your dreams, your passions, your hopes--if they are indistinguishable from people outside the Kingdom of God, then you will have invested yourself in things that are going to be shaken. To the degree that you invest yourself in the Kingdom of God, you are participating in something that cannot be shaken. ~~

-"Heavenly Father, thank You that You are my Strong Tower, my first and last source of trust and security. Show me Your Kingdom purposes, Lord, and give me wisdom to align my hope and dreams and plans with Your purposes for my life. Help me to speak Your truth faithfully so that I will help others pursue their callings in Christ. In Jesus' name, amen"~~

--"Turn Up The Light"/AJ
----"TREMBLE" // (Live in Vienna Austria) Jeremy Riddle ==<https://youtu.be/IyHLldbGxvo>
~~~~~~~

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #92374
08/17/20 09:16 AM
08/17/20 09:16 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

~~WONDERFUL PLANS!

~~"O LORD my God, you have performed many wonders for us. Your plans for us are too numerous to list."
---(Psalm 40:5 / NLT) -- grouppray

--It is easy to coast through life following the habits, routines, traditions, and expectations that we grew up with.
For many of us, our spiritual lives consist of those things, too. We feel as if we inherited the spiritual practices of our family, and we just drift along in that routine without much thought. I want you to know that your journey with the Lord should be more than that. You are more than a church-attender, or a rule-keeper, or a person with high moral standards. You are a servant of the Most High God, and He has purposes for you. You are on earth for a reason: that God’s Kingdom will come and His will be done through you. He has not left you alone to figure this out with your own reasoning and intellect. He has given you His Spirit to help you understand where you fit into His plan. If you will lean into that with your whole heart, mind, soul, and body, the rewards for you will exceed anything you can imagine.

THINK ABOUT IT
God created you and knows you better than you know yourself. Seek Him and rely on His Spirit to shine a light on His pathway for you. You can fully trust Him as He does. He has wonderful plans for your life!

PRAYER
--"Heavenly Father, direct my steps onto the paths You have for me. With the freedom You have given me, I choose to press in and serve You wholeheartedly. I know Your purposes will stand and be fulfilled in my life as I yield to You. In Jesus’ name, amen."

Blessings,
Pastor Allen Jackson

~~~~~~
--DIRECT MY STEPS~~

-"Guard my life, for I am faithful to You; save your servant who trusts in You. You are my God."
--(PSALM 86:2/ NIV)

~~IT CAN BE challenging to rely on God's wisdom when you don't fully understand His ways. But when you recognize that your human insight is not as brilliant as God's, you can release your insecurities and trust His plan.

--"All-Knowing God, I invite you to direct my steps right now. I trust that You know what is best for me. Thank You, my Rock and Redeemer for leading, guiding and directing my steps to eternal life with you. In Jesus Name~ amen. "

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #92379
08/17/20 11:08 AM
08/17/20 11:08 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--THE ULTIMATE WAVE~~

-"The Gospel is bearing fruit and growing."
--(Colossians 1:6)

--People love doing "the wave." At sporting events and concerts around the world, it begins when a few people stand and raise their hands. A moment later, those seated beside them do the same.
The goal is to have one sequential flowing movement work its way around an entire stadium. Once it reaches the end, those who started it smile and cheer--and keep the movement going. ~ smile

The first recorded incident of the wave occurred at a professional baseball game between the Oakland Athletics and New York Yankees in 1981. I love joining in the wave because it's fun. But it's also occurred to me that the happiness and togetherness we experience while doing it is reminiscent of the Gospel--the Good News of salvation in Jesus that unites believers everywhere in praise and hope. This "ultimate wave" started over twenty centuries ago in Jerusalem. Writing to the members of the church in Colossae, Paul described it this way: "The gospel is bearing fruit and growing throughout the whole world--just as it has been doing among you since the day you heard it" (Colossians 1:6). The natural result of this good news is "faith and love that spring from the hope stored up for [us] in heaven" (v.5).

As believers in Jesus, we're part of the greatest wave in history. Keep it going! Once it's done, we'll see the smile of the One who started it all. ~

-"I praise You, Almighty G-D, for the wonderful gift of my salvation. Please send me to someone who needs to hear of Your kindness today. In Jesus Name. amen."

--ODB/JB~----"Who You Are To Me" // Chris Tomlin (fds and /Lady A )<https://youtu.be/7RIWWFxXkDs>
~~~~~~~~

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #93305
12/28/20 11:17 AM
12/28/20 11:17 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---A SONG IN THE NIGHT ~~

--"The LORD is compassionate and gracious,
slow to anger, abounding in love." --[PSALM 103:8]

--THE SUN had long set when our electrical power suddenly went out.
I was at home with our two younger children, and this was their first time experiencing a power outage. After verify that the utility company knew about the outage, I located some candles, and the kids and I huddles together in the kitchen around the flickering flames. They seemed nervous and unsettled, so we began to sing. Soon the concerned looks on their faces were replaced with smiles. Sometimes in our darkest moments we need a song.

Psalm 103 may be one of the psalms prayed or sung after the people of God had returned from exile to a homeland that had been laid waste. In a moment of crisis, they needed to sing. But not just any song, they needed to sing about who God is and what He does. Psalm 103 also helps us remember that He's compassionate, merciful, patient, and full of faithful love (v.8). And in case we wonder if the judgment for our sin still hangs over our heads, the Psalm announces that God isn't angry, He has forgiven, and He feels compassion. These are good things to sing about during the dark nights of our lives.

Maybe that's where you find yourself--in a dark and difficult place, wondering if God really is good, questioning His love for you. If so, pray and sing to the One who abounds in love! "You are loved with an everlasting love and underneath are His everlasting arms." ~~

--"Lord Jesus, help me to see the love of God revealed in Your life, death, and resurrection. Lift up my weary head that I might sing of Your goodness, faithfulness, grace and mercy. I love You, my Savior, Redeemer, and King above all kings. In Christ's Name. amen."

--ODB/GP~
--"This Is Our God" // Hillsong (lyrics) <https://youtu.be/qT6czqPgJ5s>
~~~~~~~~~

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #93306
12/28/20 12:51 PM
12/28/20 12:51 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---GOALS and CONSCIENCE ~~

--[Please Read / 1 Timothy 1:18-19] -- crackthebook

--Perhaps this has happened to you: While working toward a goal that honestly seems good, you realize getting there will require a choice or action that feels troubling.
Anytime that is the case, you can be sure the Lord hasn't approved the plan, because a godly goal will never force you to violate your conscience.

As we spend time in prayer and Bible study, the Holy Spirit builds God's truth into our conscience, the "filter" through which we process our behavior and decisions. An inner alarm will go off if we think or act in a way that doesn't align with that filter--it is God's warning when we have stepped out of [His] bounds.

The Lord Jesus won't ever approve a goal that is achieved on a godless trail. Following that path will lead only to heartache, disappointment, and regret. If reaching an objective requires violation of your conscience, then you are headed where God has not called you, and the goal is your own--not His.

Good intentions aren't enough to make a proposed plan right. Learn to appreciate your conscience--God's gift of an internal warning system--and heed its admonitions. ~~

--"Lord Jesus, lead, guide and direct my steps to do what is right in Your eyes. I praise you and bless you for helping me to stay on the path to eternal life with You, our Rock and Redeemer. ~ amen"

--"Dear God" // (lyric video/ Cory Asbury) // <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcEiXa6Args>
~~~~~~~~

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #93396
01/12/21 12:54 PM
01/12/21 12:54 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---"A Mighty Man"--/ "God Uses All People Who are Willing" ~

~~“And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him, and said unto him,-- angelwing The LORD is with thee, thou mighty man of valor.” (Judges 6:12)

---Gideon was not a very promising leader to all outward appearances. He was of the undistinguished and divided tribe of Manasseh, and “my family is poor in Manasseh, and I am the least in my father’s house” (v.. 15).

But that’s exactly the kind of man God knows He can use, for “God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty” (1 Corinthians 1:27). God, therefore, greeted him thus: “The LORD is with thee, thou mighty man of valor” (text verse).

~~As a matter of fact, there were other qualities in Gideon that must have commended him to God. He was already busy threshing “wheat by the winepress, to hide it from the Midianites” (v. 11). He was not sitting idly but was already doing what he could for his people. Furthermore, even though he lived in a time of great apostasy when even his own father kept an altar for the god Baal, he still worshipped the true God and was greatly exercised that “the LORD hath forsaken us, and delivered us into the hands of the Midianites” (v. 13). He was burdened for his people, but all he had been able to do was to try to feed them, hiding his wheat from the invaders. Before the Lord could use him further, however, he had to destroy the family idol and offer his own sacrifice to the true God, even though he knew his family and neighbors might try to kill him (vv. 25-32). God, then, did indeed “save Israel from the hand of the Midianites” through Gideon (v. 14).

If we would be mighty for God, like Gideon, we must begin like him: poor yet faithful, burdened for the Lord’s truth, and doing what we can—putting away every idol of the mind, and acknowledging our Savior’s sacrifice for us.
--ICR/HMM
--"Love So Holy" // Kari (Jobe) Carnes // <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htICvq7XWm4>
~~~~~~~~~

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #94360
06/04/21 10:23 AM
06/04/21 10:23 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---NO HIDE-AND-SEEK ~~

---"When the cool evening breezes were blowing, the man and his wife heard the Lord God walking about in the garden. So they hid from the Lord God among the trees. Then the Lord God called to the man, “Where are you?” He replied, “I heard you walking in the garden, so I hid. I was afraid because I was naked.” "
---Genesis 3:8-10 / NLT) -- angelwing

---Adam and Eve had done exactly what God had told them not to do. So when God came to walk with them, they hid, and He called out as if He couldn’t find them.
Adam, who had never felt the need to hide from God, admitted that they were hiding because they were afraid. This is a helpful insight into the way intentional sin drives us away from God and the way our sinful nature convinces us that God does not see us and everything we do. God sent His Son to bridge the gulf that sin created, but sin is not to be treated casually. I encourage you to run from temptation and every hint of sin because when we act on it, we grieve Almighty God. That is something we do not want to do.

THINK ABOUT IT
God will win every game of hide-and-seek you attempt to play with Him. If there are areas of your life where you are attempting to hide, repent of your sin. Then seek and receive the forgiveness He offers.

PRAYER
---"Heavenly Father, forgive me for ever thinking I could conceal my sins from You. In this moment, I confess everything that I would like to hide if I could, and I ask You to forgive and cleanse me. Help me to consistently walk in the light of Your ways. In Jesus’ name, amen."
Blessings,
Pastor Allen Jackson

--[Friend, The Lord's Word tells us, "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" --[1 John 1:9]
When we confess with a broken spirit and contrite heart our Lord will always forgive us. Please turn from your sin, and follow Jesus. He is the Answer to all your problems. No, He does not always answer in our way, because His ways are higher than ours. He is Creator. He knows what is best for us, His children. HE LOVES YOU! ~~]

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #94361
06/04/21 11:53 AM
06/04/21 11:53 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---WAITING IN HOPE~~

--"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."
---[Romans 12:12] angelwing

--Rogelio served as our waiter during our weeklong vacation. In one conversation, he credited Jesus for blessing him with Kaly, a compassionate wife with strong faith. After they had their first baby, God gave them the opportunity to help care for their niece who had Down Syndrome. Soon after, Rogelio's mother-in-law needed live-in-care.

Rogelio works with joy, often taking on double shifts to ensure his wife can stay home to care for the people God entrusted to them. When I shared how the couple inspired me to love better because of the way they opened their hearts and home to serve their family members, he said, "It is my pleasure to serve them...and you."

Rogelio's life affirms the power of living with generosity and trusting God to provide as we serve one another selflessly. The apostle Paul urged God's people to be "devoted to one another in love...joyful in hope, patient in affliction, [and] faithful in prayer" as we "share with the Lord's people who are in need [and] practice hospitality" [Romans 12:10-13].

Our life can change in an instant, leaving us or those we love in circumstances that feel impossible to bear. But when we're willing to share all God has given us while we wait on Him, we can cling to His enduring love...together. ~~

--"Lord God, help me love others while I wait for You to work in and through my circumstances. We all are waiting for You to, "Come Lord, Jesus, Come."

--ODB/XD

--"Living Hope" / (lyric video) Phil Wickham //<https://youtu.be/hgrvIMeLQ1k>
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #94365
06/07/21 09:37 AM
06/07/21 09:37 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

----OUR TRUE SELVES ~~

--"We know that when Christ appears,
we shall be like Him. [1 JOHN 3:2] -- angelwing

---Inside my parents' old photo album is a picture of a young boy. He has a round face, freckles, and straight, light-blond hair.
He loves cartoons, hates avocados, and owns just one record, by Abba. Also inside that album are pictures of a teenager. His face is long, not round; his hair is wavy, not straight. He has no freckles, likes avocados, watches movies rather than cartoons, and would never admit to owning an Abba record! The boy and the teenager are alike. According to science they have different skin, teeth, blood, and bones. And yet they are both me. This paradox has baffled philosophers. Since we change throughout our lives, who is the real us?

The Scriptures provide the answer. From the moment God began knitting us together in the womb (Psalm 139:13-14), we've been growing into our unique design. While we can't yet imagine what we'll become, we know that if we're children of God we'll ultimately be like Jesus (1 John 3:2)--our body with His nature, our personality but His character, all our gifts glistening, all our sins gone.

Until the day Jesus returns, we're being drawn towards this future self. By His work, step by step, we can reflect His image ever more clearly (2 Corinthians 3:18). We aren't yet who we're meant to be, but as we become like Him, we become our true selves. ~~

-"LORD Jesus, make me more like You today and everyday. Help me to never be ashamed of You and your Word. I praise You and bless Your holy Name."

--ODB/SV~

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #94663
07/22/21 11:09 AM
07/22/21 11:09 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---SEEKING GOD'S HELP ~~

---"We will stand in your presence....and will cry out to you
in our distress." --[2 Chronicles 20:9] -- angelwing

---For five years in the late 1800s, grasshoppers descended on Minnesota, destroying the crops. Farmers tried trapping the grasshoppers in tar and burning their fields to kill the eggs. Feeling desperate, and on the brink of starvation, many people sought a statewide day of prayer, yearning to seek God's help together.. The governor relented, setting aside April 26 to pray.

In the days after the collective prayer, the weather warmed and the eggs started to come to life. But then four days later a drop in temperature surprised and delighted many, for the freezing temperatures killed the larvae. Minnesotans once again would harvest their crops of corn, wheat, and oats.

Prayer was also behind the saving of God's people during the reign of King Jehoshaphat. When the king learned that a vast army was coming against him, he called God's people to pray and fast. The people reminded God how He'd saved them in times past. And Jehoshaphat said that if calamity came upon them, "whether the sword or judgment, or plague of famine," they would cry out to God knowing that He would hear and save them (2 Chronicles 20:9).

God rescued His people from the invading armies, and He hears us when we cry out to Him in distress. Whatever your concern--whether a relationship issue or something threatening from the natural world--lift it to God in prayer. Nothing is to hard for Him. ~~

--"Creator God, You made the world and all that's in it.
Please restore order and save Your people, whom You love. Thank You, our Rock and Redeemer. ~ amen"

--"Goodness Of God" // Bethel Music / feat. Jenn Johnson // <https://youtu.be/xSURYQFlWHI>
~~~~~~~~~~

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #94664
07/22/21 12:01 PM
07/22/21 12:01 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---JESUS CHRIST OR CHRIST JESUS ~~

~~~“For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ.” (Philippians 3:20) -- bible

The doctrine of verbal inspiration implies that not only are the words of Scripture inspired, but the very order in which they appear is also inspired.. Study by commentators and translators have rightly noted that a change in the order of the words would at times change the meaning or emphasis of a passage. This phenomenon is often seen in the order in which the various names of Christ appear. By noting this order, one may sometimes gain new insight into a passage.

While the name Jesus, alone, normally appears in the gospels and the book of Acts, the compound name Jesus Christ appears on occasion. Interestingly, the same compound name is used exclusively by the disciples John and Peter in their letters, and by James and Jude, the brothers of our Lord. Of course, these men knew Him first by His human name, Jesus, and only fully comprehended the fact that He was the Christ (meaning “the Anointed,” or “the Messiah”) after His resurrection and ascension.

Paul, on the other hand, first encountered Christ in all His glory on the road to Damascus. Perhaps, as a consequence, he frequently reversed the order, speaking of Christ Jesus, although he used both orders many times.

The reason for this choice of order perhaps can best be illustrated in Philippians 2:5-11. In verse 5, Paul described the Anointed One, who first emptied Himself of certain aspects of His deity to take on human form. Therefore, Paul used the name Christ Jesus. In verse 11, however, the order is reversed. In this case, as in our text, the movement is from humanity to glory. In one, the glory of the risen Savior is emphasized; in the other, the glory that we shall share with Him. This glory is assured us through His victory.

--ICR/JDM

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #94695
07/27/21 11:37 AM
07/27/21 11:37 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

~~~THE JOY GOD PROVIDES ~~

---"A cheerful heart is good medicine."
---{ Proverbs 17:22] -- angelwing

--PLEASE READ Proverbs 15:13–15, 30]

---When Marcia’s out in public, she always tries to smile at others. It’s her way of reaching out to people who might need to see a friendly face. Most of the time, she gets a genuine smile in return. But during a time when Marcia was mandated to wear a facemask, she realized that people could no longer see her mouth, thus no one could see her smile. It’s sad, she thought, but I’m not going to stop. Maybe they’ll see in my eyes that I’m smiling.

There’s actually a bit of science behind that idea. The muscles for the corners of the mouth and the ones that make the eyes crinkle can work in tandem. It’s called a Duchenne smile, and it has been described as “smiling with the eyes.”

Proverbs reminds us that “a cheerful look brings joy to the heart” and “a cheerful heart is good medicine” (15:30 nlt; 17:22). Quite often, the smiles of God’s children stem from the supernatural joy we possess. It’s a gift from God that regularly spills out into our lives, as we encourage people who are carrying heavy burdens or share with those who are looking for answers to life’s questions. Even when we experience suffering, our joy can still shine through.

~~When life seems dark, choose joy. Let your smile be a window of hope reflecting God’s love and the light of His presence in your life.

--ODB/CH~

--"Lord God, Thank You that I find my joy in You and not in this world. Help me to keep my eyes on You, the Author and Finisher of my faith. The joy You provide is my strength, dear God.. Help me to be a messenger of Your love to others. In Christ Jesus Name. amen~
~~~~~~

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #95110
10/04/21 11:11 AM
10/04/21 11:11 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---GIVE THANKS TO GOD THE FATHER and TO JESUS HIS SON ~~
---[Please Read / JOHN 8:12 thru 38]

---WHEN you think about freedom and the myriad ways we can become trapped or lose our liberty without even realizing it, well, true freedom starts to sound like a nice but impossible idea. However, it's very possible for all those who walk in Christ. In fact, our Lord said this to His followers: "If the Son sets you free, you really will be free" (John 8:36).

Isn't it wonderful that Jesus used the word really? It's there in the Greek, too, and it means just what it says: "truly, actually." Jesus was saying the change He brings to the life of any believer is certain -- that anyone who calls on Christ and puts his or her faith in Him will become thoroughly and definitely free.

Keep saying with greater certainty each day that you know the truth and the truth has set you free (v.32). bravo Walk forward in the Spirit, giving thanks to God the Father and to Jesus, His Son. ~

---In Touch

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #95224
10/19/21 02:47 PM
10/19/21 02:47 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--COMMUNION WITH GOD ~~

--"I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them,
and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God." --[Revelation 21:3] - grouppray

--[Please read/ John 1:1-14]

---God's compelling desire since the creation of the world is to live in communion with man. Think of the grandeur and majesty of a God who yearns to befriend man in such a way that man's entire life is lived out in the presence of the awesome, loving God.

So great is His desire to fellowship with man that He made every provision possible for that intimacy. When sin severed man's union with God and brought spiritual and physical death, God provided a tabernacle. The tabernacle was a place where man could still relate to Him under a divinely imposed order.

When John wrote that "the Word [Christ] became flesh and dwelt among us" (John 1:14), he was referring to the incarnation of Christ. It represents the most passionate means by which God could restore fellowship with man through Jesus' life, death, and resurrection.

The zenith of God's desire to live and dwell among men is found in Revelation 21:3 "Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be HIs people. God Himself will be with them."

Salvation does much more than bring you out of darkness and death; it ushers you into the presence of God to experience divine communion in prayer, praise, and worship. The God of all the earth is with you right now. Give Him praise. ~~

"Thank You, Lord that You made every provision possible for me to experience intimacy with You. I praise You that You dwell in me, I am yours, and You are my God. Blessed be the Name of our Lord Jesus."

--In Touch~

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #95225
10/19/21 03:36 PM
10/19/21 03:36 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---TREASURES IN HEAVEN ~~

---"Then he said to them, “Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man’s life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.”
---[Luke 12:15] -- angelwing

---Many of us spend our time and energies as if our lives consisted of how much we own. Online shopping has increased this tendency greatly; we can now buy nearly anything with a few clicks from the comfort of our easy chairs.
The result is that our packed cabinets and closets overflow into storage bins that are stacked in our attics and storage units. Our prized possessions sit there gathering dust and crumbling from age until we die and pass them on to our children and grandchildren, who shake their heads as they pack up their “inheritance” and drop it off at a thrift store . . . or the dump. We all need to own things, of course, and I’m not opposed to nice things; but Jesus tells us to “Watch out!” and be careful that our things don’t begin to define our lives. Jesus says our focus should be on accumulating the things that will matter in the life to come—“treasures in heaven”—so let’s focus on those things instead of amassing “treasures on earth” (Matthew 6:19-21).

THINK ABOUT IT
Take a look around your house. How much of your time and energy is spent on accumulating things that have no eternal value?

PRAYER
---"Heavenly Father, thank You for inviting me to invest my strength and resources in pursuit of Your agenda in my generation. Help me give priority to this rather than to earthly treasure, that I might bring glory to Jesus as Messiah and Lord. In Jesus’ name, amen."
--WOC/AJ
~~~~~~~~

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #95226
10/19/21 04:08 PM
10/19/21 04:08 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--THE WAY OF THE CROSS ~~

--[Please Read/ 1 Peter 5:1-11 / 1 Peter 5:6]

---Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time."
--'Jesus is the only way to God the Father' ~~

---The apostle Peter had a streak of rebellion that lay hidden until Jesus announced His impending death. Then it surfaced in prideful array (Matthew 16:23). Peter did not understand Gods plan nor did he respond to Christ's words in faith.

He thought only of the ensuing political unrest facing the Jews. His entire life was apprehended by the thought of the Messiah sitting on the throne of David instead of personal fellowship he shared with Jesus.

Had the Lord not rebuked Peter's actions, the other disciples might have begun nursing a rebellious attitude as well. But in obedience, Peter yielded himself to Christ and thus begun a deeper journey into a loving relationship with his Lord Jesus.

God's way is not the way of rebellion, but the way of obedience. It is not the way of pride, but the way of humility. Years later and long after the death of Christ, Peter wrote, "Humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time" (1 Peter 5:6).

The secret to submission is not fighting back in rebellion but drawing close to Jesus. The way of the cross is of humble submission. Will you submit all that you are to Him today? There is no other way to Father God, except through Jesus Christ.
The Lord is calling out to everyone, "Come unto Me all that labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart and you will find rest for your soul. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." -[Matthew 11:28-30]~~

--"Lord, I humbly submit to You. Draw me close to Jesus. Bring me by the way of the Cross.

--In Touch~

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #95258
10/23/21 11:48 AM
10/23/21 11:48 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--What Should I Do?

--"The Lord had said to Abram, "Go from your country, your people and your father's household to the land I will show you."
---[Genesis 12:1/ NIV] -- angelwing

---ARE YOU going to sign the lease today?" my mom asked. She and I were repotting plants on my parent's back patio.

"I don't know. It's a nice apartment," I said.

I poured soil into a clay pot. The robust scent of earth filled the air. "But when I sign those papers, I'll officially live three hours away. I know the job I've been offered is a great opportunity. But this move will be difficult."
My mom nodded.

"It will be hard for me, too," she said. "But I know you are stretching into the person you're meant to be. And that gives me peace."

I sifted the soil in the pot until it was level. Then I grabbed a potted fern. It had seen better days. Crinkled brown leaves dropped as I lifted it. I pressed my fingers between the fronds, then flipped the plant over. As I eased the pot upward, removing it from the plant, I revealed an intricate tangle of roots. They were woven so tightly they retained the shape of the removed pot.

"No wonder that little guy has been so sickly," my Mon said. "He's root-bound."

I placed the fern in its new pot. There were several inches of empty space in each direction--space to grow.
Looking at the fern, I understood that this move was my own repotting. If I stayed where I was, I wouldn't be able to stretch and gain new experiences. I wouldn't be able to grow.
I topped off the pot with soil, then dusted off my hands.

"I'll be right back," I told my mom. "I need to fill out some paperwork."

--"Father, help me to seek opportunities to grow. Lead, guide and direct my steps, in Jesus Name."
--Guideposts/LE~

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #95265
10/25/21 10:36 AM
10/25/21 10:36 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---GOD ALWAYS GIVES US 'CHOICE' ~~

PRAY OVER THIS

“For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.”
(Romans 8:29) bible

PONDER THIS
----C. S. Lewis said all of life is made of two categories of persons. There are those who follow Satan and are like Satan. Isaiah 14 recounts Satan’s rebellion against God. Five times Lucifer said, “I will.” I will exalt my throne above the stars of God. I will sit on the side of the north. I will be like the Most High. I will, I will, I will.” Lucifer was saying to God the Father, “Not your will, but mine be done.” There are many people like this in the world today. They’ll hear the Gospel, but they’ll say, “No, it’s my life. I’m going to live it. I’m not going to yield to His lordship. I’m not going to submit myself to Him.” Not your will, but mine be done.

But Lewis said there’s another category of persons. These are those who say as Jesus said in the Garden of Gethsemane, “Not my will but thine be done.” Each of us is either saying yes to self and no to God or no to self and yes to God. Lewis went on to say, “All that are in Hell, choose it. Without that self-choice, there could be no Hell. No soul that seriously and constantly desires joy will ever miss it. Those who seek find. To those who knock it is opened.”

Where in your life do you often say, directly or indirectly, “Not your will but mine?”
What needs to change so that you more readily submit to God’s will each day?

PRACTICE THIS
---Take time this week to look up places in the Bible that talk about God’s will and to ask Him to help you submit further to His will each day.
--LWF/AR~

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #95267
10/25/21 11:59 AM
10/25/21 11:59 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

---WE TRUST GOD'S PLAN ~~

--"The Lord will perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy, O Lord, endures forever;
Do not forsake the works of Your hands." --[Psalm 138:8 /NKJV ] angelwing

-I'M SO HUNGRY and thirsty that my energy is all zapped out," my daughter whined, falling into the car like her legs were too weak to carry her. She riffled through my tote bag, which usually held a refreshing drink and fruit. But not today "And no snack, either?" she asked. "This is terrible."

I'm sorry, Reagan. I've been so busy I must have forgotten to pack a snack."

I sighed. Being overwhelmed with a hectic schedule had become my norm. Too much to do, too little time. I could already foresee an evening just as chaotic as the others had been. The stress affected my mental and physical health, plaguing me with headaches and sometimes an upset stomach.

Later that night, I was catching up on work emails when my daughter came in for her routine good-night kiss and 'sweet dreams.' Mom, you should take a break," she said. "You always tell us to talk to God and things will work out the way they're supposed to." I hugged her tighter and promised to heed the advice I'd shared with my children countless times.

Like my daughter earlier that day, I was hungry and thirsty, yet in a different way. My spirit needed to feed from God's Word, and I was thirsty for His presence. Before I drifted to sleep, I reminded myself of God's faithfulness--no matter how big or small my problem. And then I carried my worries and obligations to the feet of Jesus and left them there. ~~

--"Father God, help me to trust Your plan for my life. I can lean on You for help, because You do all things well. In Jesus' Name."

--"Humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time,
Casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you." --[1 Peter 5:6-7]

--Guideposts/TM~
----

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #95405
11/17/21 12:24 PM
11/17/21 12:24 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

----Don't Doubt God's Goodness ~~

--"When Jesus then saw His mother, and the disciple whom He loved standing nearby, He said to His mother, "Woman, behold your son! Then He said to
the disciple, "Behold, your mother!" From that hour the disciple took her into his own household."
----[John 19:26-27/ NASB] -- bible

---MY mother, Dorothy Walker, is ninety-eight years old and living in a nursing home near our house. She has had an interesting and challenging life. Shortly after World War II, she met and married a Colorado cowboy, Al Walker. The cowboy became a Baptist minister and my parents spent eight years as missionaries and teachers in the Philippines.

When my father was forty-six years old, he died suddenly from a heart attack. Our family retuned from the Philippines to my mother's hometown in Georgia. Mother became an elementary-school teacher, struggling to raise my sister and me. Now, years later, we are faithfully trying to support our mother.

Mother is confined to her bed in a nursing home due to physical health and hip replacement surgery. She cannot walk she is deaf and often confused, and dementia is encroaching. But through it all she is gentle, sweet, and cooperative. Life has a way of "reversing roles" between generation to generation. And I am trying to adapt to my new role.

This scenario is so true for most families, and it takes courage, faith, and strength to persevere. Jesus experienced this, too. On the day of His crucifixion at age thirty-three, Jesus asked the apostle John to take care of His mother. This was His final concern.

One of my mentors used to say that the challenge of adulthood is "adapting to life amid the inevitability of decline." He is correct. However, the journey is fulfilling and well worth the cost!
Press on brothers and sisters, we're almost Home. "Come, Lord Jesus, Come!"

--Guideposts/SW~

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #95407
11/17/21 01:29 PM
11/17/21 01:29 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--Pray Specifically ~~

--"What do you want me to do for you?" Jesus asked him.
The blind man said, "Rabbi, I want to see." -- angelwing
--[Mark 10:51]

--ON the day before major surgery, I shared with a friend that I was scared about the procedure. "What part scares you?" she inquired. "I'm afraid I won't wake up fro the anesthesia, I replied. Immediately Anne prayed: "Father, you know all about Cindy's fear. Please calm her heart and fill her with your peace. And, Lord, please wake her up after surgery."

I think God likes that kind of specificity when we talk to Him. When Bartimaeus, the blind beggar, called out to Jesus for help, Jesus said, "What do you want me to do for you?" The blind man said, "Rabbi, I wan tto see!" Jesus said, " "Go, your faith has healed you" (Mark 10:51-52).

We don't need to beat around the bush with God. We can say bluntly, "God, I'm so sorry for what I said, or simply, "Jesus, I love you because..." Being specific with God is a sign of faith; we are acknowledging that we know we're talking to Someone real, the Creator of the universe.

God is not impressed by flurry of fanciful words. Speak from your heart. ~~

--ODB/CKH~
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #95475
11/26/21 05:20 PM
11/26/21 05:20 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--The Creator of the Universe Can and Does Use His People. ~~

"The eye cannot say to the hand, "I don't need you!" --[1 Corinthians 22:21] - bible

---Jia Haixia lost his sight in the year 2000. His friend Jia Wenqui lost his arms as a child. But they've found a way around their disabilities. "I am his hands and he is my eyes," Haixia says. Together, they're transforming their village in China.

Since 2002 the friends have been on a mission to regenerate a wasteland near their home. Each day Haixia climbs on Wenqui's back to cross a river to the site. Wenqui then "hands' Haixia a shovel with his foot, before Haixia places a pail on a pole between Wenqui's cheek and shoulder. And as one digs and the other waters, the two plant trees--more than 10,000 so far. "Working together, we don't feel disabled at all, Haixia says. "We're a team."

The apostle Paul likens the church to a body, each part needing the other to function. If the church were all eyes, they'd be no hearing; if all ears, there'd be no sense of smell (1 Corinthians 12:14-17). "The eye cannot say to the hand, 'I don't need you! " Paul says (v.21). Each of us plays a role in the church based on our spiritual gifts (vv. 7-11, 18). Like Jia Haixia and Jia Wenqi, when we combine our strengths, we can bring change to the world.

Two men combining their abilities to regenerate a wasteland. What a picture of the church in action!

--"Holy Spirit, thank You for giving me spiritual gifts and arranging me in a body where I'm needed. Use me, Lord for Your glory, in Jesus Name."

--ODB/SV~

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #95476
11/26/21 06:19 PM
11/26/21 06:19 PM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--The Lord Can and Does Use His People ~~

--VIRTUAL PRESENCE ~~

--"Though I am absent from you in body,
I am present with you in Spirit. --[Colossians 2:5] -- grouppray

---As the novel coronavirus marched across the globe, health experts advised increased physical distance between people as a means to slow the spread. Many countries asked their citizens to self-quarantine or shelter in place. Organizations sent employee home to work remotely, while others suffered a financially debilitation loss of employment. Like others, I participated in church and small-group meetings through digital platforms. As a world, we practiced new forms of togetherness despite being physically disconnected.

It isn't just the internet that lets us maintain a sense of connection. We connect to one another as members of the body of Christ through the Spirit. Paul expressed this notion centuries ago in his letter to the Colossians . Though he hadn't personally founded their church, he cared deeply for them and their faith. And even though Paul couldn't be with them in person, he reminded them that he was "present with [them] in spirit." (Colossians 2:5).

We can't always be with those we love for financial, health, or practical reasons, and technology can help fill that gap. Yet any form of virtual connection pales in comparison to the "togetherness" we can experience as fellow members of the body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:27). In such moments, we can, like Paul, rejoice in one another's firmness of faith and through prayers, encourage each other to fully "know the mystery of God , namely, Christ" (Colossians 2:2).

--"Lord Jesus, thank You for being with me even when no other person can be physically present, Thank You for the connection You give me to others through the Holy Spirit. "

--ODB/KH~

Re: -DOUBTING GOD's GOODNESS [Re: Abigail] #95535
12/06/21 11:43 AM
12/06/21 11:43 AM
Abigail  Offline OP
Master Elite Member

--JESUS LOVES YOU!
--Reach Out to Others In His Name ~~

--"Two blind men were sitting by the roadside ,and when they heard that Jesus was going by, they shouted, "Lord, Son of David, have mercy on us!"
---[Matthew 20:30/NIV]

-----My husband and I have had the adventure of owning a series of old cars. No matter how much love, care, and money we have poured into them, they seemed determined to cause trouble.

More than once, we found ourselves stranded on the side of the road (or bridge or driveway) when they stopped moving.

Being on the side of the road provokes a helpless and sometimes scary feeling. In the time before cell phones, we had to make decisions about walking miles to get to a phone or hoping someone would stop for us.

Our lives can be as unpredictable as those old cars. We can be working, serving, and thriving when suddenly we're knocked to the side of the road. However we got there, we shiver on the roadside, watching everyone else zoom past.

When our old car would break down, my husband and I often met interesting people. We experienced the generosity of others and the faithfulness of Jesus in the midst of our need. When the blind men waited on the roadside, probably feeling forgotten, Jesus met them. If you have any area in your life where you feel forgotten or stranded, be assured that Jesus reaches out to those that others pass by. He also invites us to be alert to those who have been sidelined, so we can serve in His love. ~~

--Guideposts/SH

Moderated by  CTD