We can take it in simple, easy to understand steps. With replies and rebuttals on each piece of evidence. We'll start by looking at the methodology of counting annual layers in several different systems, comparing correlations between them, and building up the minimum necessary age of the earth as we go.

First up is the "Methuselah Tree":
Methuselah (estimated germination 2832 BC) is a Great Basin Bristlecone Pine (Pinus longaeva) in the White Mountains of California, which was 4,789 years old when sampled in 1957 when the trees were originally being surveyed by Schulman and Harlan. It is the oldest living organism currently known and documented, and still alive, at the age of about 4,838 years old.[1][2] It is named after Methuselah, a Biblical figure reputed to have lived 969 years. Located in the "Forest of Ancients" in the Methuselah Grove at between 2,900–3,000 m above sea level, its exact location is currently undisclosed to the public as a protection against vandalism;[3] the coordinates cited here refer to the Methuselah Grove Visitor Center.
(Wikipedia, 2007)
(bold added for empHAsis)

This age is determined by counting the tree rings from bored core samples taken by Schulman in 1957. These cores are available for scientists (dendrochronologists) to count and verify the results.

Thus by this one tree alone the minimum age of the earth must be at least 4,839 years.

Also, due to the nature of the evidence being a living tree this means there was no flood that covered this area during that time.

Any Comment so far?

Enjoy.

Note: [color:"green"]My time is limited, so I choose threads of particular interest to me, but I cannot guarantee a reply to all responses (particularly if they do not discuss the issue/s), and I expect other people to do the same. Thank you for your consideration.[/color]

we are limited in our ability to understand
... by our ability to understand
Rebel American Zen Deist
- to learn - to think - to live - to laugh
... to share.