Hello CTD, nice to see you.

You seemed to miss something: What does you post have to do with the Quelccaya ice cap or the Dundee Ice cap? This old PRATT from greenland doesn't address the snowfall in other areas of the world, and it has already been done to death.

How did they know to drill that deep? Because the thickness of the annual layers there was so deep. Annual layers have characteristics that are different from just another snow storm. Whether the snow is 5" or 15 feet those annual characteristics will tell you which are annual markers and which are just due to snow storms.

It really is a pity that all creationists can come up with for arguments are the same old tired PRATTS that have been around for years. Sad.

Scientists look at the evidence that shows annual deposits, which -- if you actually read the post above -- differ from local to local (the ones in S.America were .75 meters thick) and we haven't even gotten to Greenland yet.

Now -- question of the day -- can you deal with the evidence? I doubt it. For instance: why do the climate changes noted in the ice match exactly the climate markers from the varves in Lake Suigetsu for the same layers?

How do you explain the correlation? Layer by layer by layer. Your greenland plane doesn't even begin to address that issue, and until you can explain the correlations - layer by layer by layer - you don't have an argument left worth wasting bandwidth to post.

Enjoy.
[color:"green"]
Note: my time is limited, so I only choose threads of particular interest to me and I cannot guarantee a reply to all responses (particularly if they do not discuss the issue/s), and I expect other people to do the same. Thank you for your consideration.[/color]

we are limited in our ability to understand
... by our ability to understand
Rebel American Zen Deist
- to learn - to think - to live - to laugh
... to share.