Thank you for your link to geothermal activity in Antarctica SoSick, though it has nothing to do with hydrothermal vents (which don't appear to have anything to do with this thread anyway).

geothermal vents, hydrothermal vents, they are the same thing Linda. both release very hot steam (and other gases). Very hot molten lava below the earth's crust, or even sometimes within it not very far below the earth's surface, heats the steam in both cases.

Presumably you read on that link page where it says that Mt. Melbourne formed 5 million years ago, and that its youngest volcanic dome is 2 million years old? How about where it says that Antarctica fused with another crustal plate 65 million years ago and that the Antarctic plate hasn't moved much in the last 10 million years?

those timespans are pure conjecture, most people know that.

Please explain to me why you think that thermal vents are responsible for the seashells on top of Mt. Everest. Instead of, for example, deposition of fossils on a seabed and subsequent uplift.

Well, we can venture that either Mt Everest was once covered by the sea, which would easily confirm a global flood, or we can venture that the earth's hot molten core (which causes thermal activity) and shifting tetonic plates pushed it up to it's great height.

I guess you have to choose one or the other as regards Mt Everest and other mountains because the seashells are there for all to see. And so are the thermal vents and hot springs. And the volcanoes. ...And the glaciers that formed as snow slid off the mountainsides. Maybe you have your own theory for how the mountains came to be? That would not be surprising.

You guys can keep denying that the earth is warm below it's surface and melts glaciers from the bottom up. You can keep repeating that thermal activity never occurs in mountains or the sea in the same places where glaciers exist, melting them a little bit daily also. I don't really see where it gets you except to promote yourself in your own minds. People aren't stupid... and they can visit these places on their next vacation if they decide to and bring you hundreds of photos back. Not that even that would convince you but the only ones you are fooling are yourselves because these places actually exist, it's not theoretical.