To add to the above, I think CTD's source above has been regurgiposted from an original article by a creo called Paul Garner . . . or maybe he regurgiposted it from somewhere else, don't know.

At any rate, it offers no explanations for the assertions that CTD has presented above. For example, catfish fossils are found in one certain area of the Green River Formation -- in what would have been the deep area of one lake. Bird fossils are found on the shoreline. This page by Glen Morton refutes all of the claims using evidence, including a picture of preserved bird prints in the mud of a lake shore -- a bit problematic for "rapidly deposited" fossils in a flood.

I wonder how CTD would also like to explain the fact that the varves reflect astronomical rhythms including cycles in the earth's orbit, and sunspot cycles?

Morton ends his article with the following questions, which seem apt:

1. Why were the flood waters on layer after layer the depth of a bird leg as indicated by the footprints?

2. How were catfish able to leave so many coprolites on the layers if this is a rapidly deposited formation?

3. Why would God imprint orbital parameters and sunspot cycles on the thicknesses of the laminae?

4. Why do the radioactive dates seem to verify the slow depositional rates?

5. How could a bird take the time to nibble the lake floor during a global flood?

6. How are raindrop impressions preserved under the waters of a global flood?

7. Why did God produce a flood deposit which exactly matches the areal distribution seen in lakes? Did God deceive us?

8. Why do the oxygen-18 values decrease around the edges of Fossil Lake as would be expected of a modern lake?

9. The young-earth creationist must also ask him- or herself why the young-earth authors never tell him what I just told him.