Bex,

Linda said this:
Every time a new fossil is found or a rock layer is dated, evolution and "old earth" are tested. What's more, I would have thought that the presence here of LinearAQ, who is both a devout Christian and an evolutionist, shows that theism and acceptance of an old earth and evolution don't have to be a problem. What's more, he says that he's fine with the idea that God did design everything, and that evolution could well be part of his design. Why not?

You replied with this:
Devout Christian eh? Is this an attempt to side-track me Linda? And you talk about distraction? Let me explain something to you. A christian is someone that not only accepts the bible being the infallible word of God, but has accepted Christ as being their own personal Lord and Savior by admitting they are a sinner and are in need of the saving blood of Christ.
Is this Christ's or Paul's definition of a Christian? Could you quote either one of them as saying this? Perhaps you could make a simple defense of your statement with some Bible passages that link the Roman Road with Genesis Creation?

A true Christian does not go against the word of God, water it down, or twist it or scandalise others. Either they accept it and Christ as their Lord and savior, or they do not. Christ said "either you are for Me or you are against Me".
Do your women cover their hair in church? Why not? Doesn't Paul say in 1 Corinthians 11:
5And every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head—it is just as though her head were shaved. 6If a woman does not cover her head, she should have her hair cut off; and if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut or shaved off, she should cover her head.
Are the women in your church disgraceful or are they watering down the Bible? Does your pastor take them to task about their disregard for the literal Word of God or is he also watering it down?

The bible totally contradicts evolution, and I have been THROUGH this before on here of why they are polar opposites. It's been repeated and now it's happening again as though it was never discussed.
Actually, what is being repeated is your acceptance of someone else's interpretation of the Bible. Your interpretation of the Bible is fine with me, since your church throws out inconvenient passages through apologetics as much as you accuse me of doing.

My Christianity is not at question here. I don't question your devotion to God despite your lack of desire to follow every jot and tittle.

A faith that connot survive collision with the truth is not worth many regrets. -- Arthur C. Clarke