If you read the bible Linear, each area of the bible is connected to the other. The original fall, through the sins of our first parents is explained clearly in Genesis, as is the fact God created all things good in the very beginning. Just pick up the bible and read it yourself. All things did not come from years of death and suffering and evolution from ape to man. God created man in His own image and likeness, not the likeness of the apes. Please again, just pick it up and read it. Why do I have to spoon feed you quotes, when they are in the bible and you apparently have one???
All things were created good from the beginning, which is what Genesis spells out. If you have trouble with that? Then I cannot help you.
Your interpretation of the Bible is different from mine. That is obvious. I am not asking you to spoon feed me quotes. I am asking you to support your statement using the source from which you say it came.
I don't have trouble believing that all things were created good from the beginning. What I have trouble with is why I am required to believe all things created good means there was not death in the beginning. Doesn't God only do good? If so, then the deaths of the first born in Egypt must have been good. God's ordering of the deaths of every Midianite man, boy and woman who had slept with a man (Numbers 11) must have also been good. God ordered the beating of Jesus and his death on the cross. How can you say that death cannot be good if God uses death?

I realize that God told Adam that eating the fruit would kill him. However, God actually told Adam that eating the fruit would cause him to die on the day he ate it. Adam didn't die on that day. So, was God lying or are did He mean a different kind of death? Death of the soul perhaps? Regardless, a literal-word-for-word reading shows God to be a liar. There has to be a deeper meaning in the Genesis account than just the words.

If you start toying with the bible and compromising, you will find yourself in a web of confusion. Even Christ Himself will be up for the same kinds of twists and doubts. Once you start downgrading or water down Genesis, you also water down and twist the reason for Christ sacrifice/death and ressurection. A Christian is a follower of Christ. If we deny Him, He in turn will deny us.
Who is denying Christ? You think that we would not sin if we had evolved instead of being made of dust in one breath of God? It is not how we got here that makes us sinners, it is the choice of our will that does it. That choice that God made available to us. Accepting that, without Christ, we are all doomed because of Adam's original sin, puts all those aborted babies in hell, along with the mentally challenged and autistic. A word-for-word reading of the Bible means that all who don't become saved, perish.

If you were as strong on the message of the bible, as you are on pulling out convenient quotes, maybe you wouldn't need to even have this conversation. Im confused as to why you don't take the same stance towards yourself when you're on here trying really hard to downgrade the word of God and then doubting or casting doubts "who God is". How can you claim to be a Christian, if you don't believe Christ is the Son of God?
When did I say that Christ isn't the Son of God? That quote wasn't about downgrading the Word of God. It was about your stance on taking the Bible literally. You said that a straightforward reading of the Bible is all that is needed. Yet you aren't concerned about the shamefullness of the women and, more importantly, the pastor of your church as they ignore a requirement of God. By saying that this problem, pointed out by Paul, isn't important, you are downgrading and watering down the Word according to your own standards.

I am not here to make you doubt Christ. Far from it. I fervently hope you remain His follower.

You stated that I was not a devoted Christian when frankly you know very little about me. I cannot read the Bible and take the Genesis accounts literally, because that method makes God into a tin version of what He is. God is shown to be much more than that in the lessons and examples of Christ. Additionally, God has stated that we should learn to use reason....to understand. I cannot reconcile a literal Genesis with what I know, from personal research, of the history of this planet. If I were to take the stance that one thing in the Bible shown to be untrue, if read literally, means it is all untrue, then I would have given up on it a long time ago.

You don't have to spend time convincing me of anything. I am quite happy to let you believe what you want. However, your saying I am not a true Christian deserved a rebuttal. If you make claims about something on a debate forum then you should expect to be called on it.

A faith that connot survive collision with the truth is not worth many regrets. -- Arthur C. Clarke