I was hoping that someone here would chime in with an unanticipated response to my question for Bex about the Bible. I fully expected to hear every dodge of the issue possible: "What do you heathen know about the Bible, we are the experts, we know the truth and you don't, you are full of slander and blasphemy . . ." Yep, I think I've heard most versions of this now.

My question was simple. Do you do everything the Bible tells you to? DO you? No, you don't. Not unless you cover your head in church, sacrifice the appointed animals on the appointed days, and other things that it says in Deuteronomy to do. Therefore, you have made a choice about what in the Bible is pertinent to us today. I was not trying to insinuate anything about the animal sacrifice example other than to point out that it isn't done today, and for obvious reasons. Therefore, since no one does every single thing the Bible tells them to do, some degree of interpretation comes in. Therefore, you (or your leaders) are making decisions about how things will be interpreted, and what it appropriate to be done here, today. No one here has actually explained how this logic is erroneous, and you can't do it, unless you can also show that you attempt follow every single rule the Bible sets out for you. I'm not trying to do anything here other than point out that if you or your leaders choose which rules to follow and how to interpret the Bible (which you do, according to the chain of logic above), you are also free to do this with the book of Genesis.