Very interesting observations, LinearAq.

Knowing that we're all mature adults here, I have every confidence that Bex, CTD and Russ are more than capable of responding rationally and matter-of-factly, rather than resorting to emotional outbursts, name calling and unnecessary accustations -- I'm also confident that they think posting in this manner is indeed a childish and untoward approach.

That being said, I wholeheartedly look forward to the creationist reply here as regards not just headscarves (because that's not really what this is about here -- that was but one example among many) but how biblical intregrity is observed and what interpretations are exactly that, interpretations, and what are clearly set in stone.

As an example, if Christians can feel free to disregards rules (ordinances, whatever) such as the wearing of headscarves, does that mean they can do away with circumcision? After all, it's a practice necessary for those living in desert climes. It's not altogether necessary for the remaining half of the world. How about being faithful to one's spouse? We live in a different time period, after all -- words taken directly from the creationist side of the argument here. Wearing of headscarves isn't part of "today's society". If my wife finds the notion of a threesome appealing, can I do away with whatever part of the bible says threesomes are forbidden and happily indulge? Surely you see that this one idea (headscarves) is opening a whole can of worms. Nobody here is quibbling. We're just looking for clarification.

"I'll see what Russ makes of this."

-CTD