Originally Posted by LindaLou
A few issues about your new link. There's a link on that very same page which links to a story about the eastern part of the Grand Canyon being older than previously thought (dating it to 55 million years plus). Yours discussed the western part. The picture here is clearly a complicated one, and it looks like parts of the canyon probably formed at different times. The methods of dating used, such as cosmogenic (in the story you linked to) and radiometric (in the other story) are well established and indicate that one simple blanket explanation for the formation of the canyon is incorrect.

There's a bit of a problem here for YECs though. The first story says that "geological infant" means 700,000 years. Are you willing to take this on board? It also talks about an increased volume for the Colorado River -- not evidence of a flood that covered the entire area. Are you also willing to take this on board?
Why should I? Mine is not the philosophy of 'accept anything but the truth'.

It's obvious they're going to try to take the correct model and slap on some evodates. The Grand Canyon is famous, and a large number of tourists visit it. To have so many people exposed to it when the standard lie is so inadequate is highly undesirable, is it not? I cannot doubt you breathe a sigh of relief yourself to see it replaced with something much closer to the truth.

People are capable of breaking patterns, but it's a safe bet no credit will be given to any of the creation scientists; this will "just be another case of science correcting itself". But that's fine. It'll be just one more lie waiting to be discovered by the inquisitive.

Now if I read you correctly, you're already prepared to abandon the gradualist story. Why not choose the model that reconciles with history, matches the evidence, and gives no indication that it will need to change significantly?

Dark Matter + Dark Energy = Dark Truth

"We find that such evidence demonstrates that the ID argument is dependent upon setting a scientifically unreasonable burden of proof for the theory of evolution." - Judge Jones Kitzmiller case
http://www.talkreason.org/articles/Falsify.cfm

"To Compel A Man To Furnish Funds For The Propagation Of Ideas He Disbelieves And Abhors Is Sinful And Tyrannical." - Thomas Jefferson

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with his wrath?" - Thomas Jefferson