Well....the way I look at our founding fathers.... I believe they were good men inspired by God to help establish a place where we could practice freedom of religion....that mean's ALL religion. They weren't perfect. But I also believe the earth was still in a state of apostasy at that time and people were still trying to figure out where the truth or "Biblical Christianity" was to be found. My father in law who died the year I was born (my husband is almost 8 years older than me and he died when he was 7) was supposed to have been a Mason as well. He belonged to the Masonic lodges apparently. It was changed through the years, but my belief is that the authority of the priesthood (God's power) was lost when the apostles were killed off. The state and church compromised.....(religion became part of the govt.) and even cannonized scripture was altered through the ages. I think the Free Masons were trying to preserve something....I don't know that, but I believe their original tenets were noble and that they were trying to do the best with the light that they had. The entire church changed from how Christ originally established it.. People now just kind of pick and choose even from the Bible what they think it means. They build whole churches and religions on one facet of the Bible's teachings. But I believe everyone has a right to believe as they choose. We as a nation standing for freedom have to respect other's beliefs. BUT - Christians in all their denominations and branches also deserve that same right and consideration. That is being stomped on.

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is." Albert Einstein