Originally Posted by SoSick
and what about other practices of other religions? for instance, are you in favor of permitting muslims to cut off a person's hand if they are accused of theft? to cut out their tongues if they blaspheme? Do you favor sharia law in regard to the rights of women, or lack of? Do you agree with the muslim idea that women should not be allowed to drive a car? do you favor the hindu practice of burning a widow alive alongside her deceased husband? Do you favor the caste sytem, even when civil rights laws prohibit such discrimination? Do you favor protecting and the necessary feeding of certain species of animals as holy to the gods even when your children are starving? Do you favor the pagan practice of offering babies and children, burning them alive, to the gods? Do you favor the pagan practice of spreading mercury throughout places to protect them from evil spirits?

Just because I am against subjecting the US citizenry to the involuntary enforcement of Extremist Christian religious moral doctrine, does not mean I am in favor of the involuntary enforcement of any other religious moral doctrine.

Where do you get these ideas? Or is this just a means of discrediting my statements by inferring that I support that kind of zaniness?

Last edited by LinearAq; 07/30/08 12:22 PM.

A faith that connot survive collision with the truth is not worth many regrets. -- Arthur C. Clarke