I think what's being overlooked here is the original intention of this thread -- at least as far as I interpret it (LinearAq, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). And if what I have to say here is not at the heart of this thread then, well, I'm asking it anyway, heh.

I see the issue as this. Anyone who makes statements like America is suffering because it is no longer Christian must, by default, have serious issues with all non-Christian religions. Or, at the very least, they must want them out of their own country and out of sight.

To put it another way, let us say that I am a Christian. Let us also say, arguendo, that I believe America is a diminishing nation because it is no longer a Christian nation. Purely from my own standpoint, I'm going to see any and all non-Christians, even the most passive of religions such as Buddhism or Wicca, as heathens, infidels, usurpers and otherwise a hindrance to my country. After all, America is disintigrating before our very eyes because it's no longer Christian, right? According to this line of thinking, there is no room for things like religious tolerance. We're at war here, folks. America is being attached because of its non-Christian aspect. Therefore anything not Christian is the enemy.

To these people who subscribe to such beliefs I ask, how do you so much as have even the vaguest hint of tolerance for non-Christian religions (as well as agnostics and atheists)? Are these not the very false faiths which have caused our country's downfall? How can someone say they do not persecute non-Christians and that America is entering a downward spiral because it's no longer Christian in the same breath? I don't see this as possible without being a hypocrite, but feel free to show me where I'm wrong.

It's for this reason that I want to see the Christians of the forum (no, not all Christians, the ones who believe this nonsense about America's downfall) say word for word that they hate and want to see all other relgions done away with. How can you think anything other than that? Please enlighten me.

As for these remarks about me having issues with Christians, I have no issue with any religion. I have issues with how certain religions are abused to promote unrelated agendas. Moreover, it is simply in my nature to observe contradictions in highly opinionated statements. As far as I know, no one can say America is suffering because it's not Christian and also claim that they have absolutely no issues whatosoever with, for example, Buddhists. They're either the enemy, the direct result of America's problems, or they're not.

"I'll see what Russ makes of this."

-CTD