Originally Posted by Pwcca
I see the issue as this. Anyone who makes statements like America is suffering because it is no longer Christian must, by default, have serious issues with all non-Christian religions. Or, at the very least, they must want them out of their own country and out of sight.

It's for this reason that I want to see the Christians of the forum (no, not all Christians, the ones who believe this nonsense about America's downfall) say word for word that they hate and want to see all other relgions done away with. How can you think anything other than that? Please enlighten me.

This is partially what is the heart of the thread. However, it is not entirely about the hypocrisy in bemoaning the lack of Christian values in our country and claiming acceptance of other faiths. People can have their opinions, even hypocritical ones.

It is the call to arms by the Fundamentalist Christians against the anti-Christian values which is contradicted by their overt hesitancy to oppose the anti-Christian religions. What is more anti-Christian than Hinduism? Well maybe your religion. smile

It is their contrary actions within the legal system that are a problem. If they wish to enact laws that force people to follow their moral code, why not target the worst offenders?

The difference is that you are questioning the contrariness of their thoughts and I am questioning the contrariness of their actions.

I guess I could say you are close enough for government work, though.

A faith that connot survive collision with the truth is not worth many regrets. -- Arthur C. Clarke