Linear, to be honest. I see that it really makes no difference at all to defend the biblical word to you. It ultimately defends itself anyway. You have a bible. I think if anybody is having issues with certain hard truths Jesus gave, they would do well to pray about it, rather than incessantly argue back and forth with people who are only repeating/sharing that word (with quote and verse). Because in the end, God and His word are not privvy to the opinions of us (or the opinions of the day), nor are they fickle, nor subject to our "likes and dislikes".

One can prefer the legislation of the day (times) from flawed and sinful people over God's own unshakeable/unchangeable commandments if if they wish. They can also vote for people with disturbingly antichristian views (even so-called Christians can have them). One can "obey" "man" and "disobey" God if they wish. He gave us all a free will and we can either turn to Him or turn against Him. There is no middle ground with Christ. All of us will be judged according to our part we have played in all of this, however small. Every idle word will have to be accounted for. Sins and ommissions also.

Certainly, one will never be able to claim "ignorance". Trying hard to make Christian Fundamentalists, look like the "bad guys" or the "meanies" is nothing new, I've seen this pattern often and fully expect it. A little like how people try and portray Christ. We only have to look how they ultimately treated Him and where it finally lead. The fundamentals were spelled out clearly by Christ in the new testament, which is why so many hated Him then and do so to this day.

One either accepts Christ through His word, through the biblical prophets/witnesses via the Holy Spirit, or they don't. One can be swayed by the "laws" of the day, the "fashion" of the day, whether they fit in with God's or not, and decide "it must be ok, because it's been legislated" and basically to heck with God's fundamentals. Nobody can really claim "ignorance", because it is spelled out clearly, so much so (and even repeated and backed up), that one truly has no excuse.

My opinion actually does not come into this. But Christ's most definitely does come into it. They legalised abortion too, I guess that makes it right.... I wonder if anybody actually uses their brain as well as their heart when considering certain laws okaying certain practises and makes any moral considerations at all? Let alone considering God. Many people would love to legalise all kinds of things Linear. Here they wanted to legalise marijuanna...some feel this is wrong, others think "big deal". People are flawed and if you leave them to themselves, exclude God, you may find the legalisation of a few things morally disturbing (if you have any kind of godly conscience left). Hardy surprising.

In the end, arguing against these fundamentals is not my issue. God/Christ set them up Himself. It's criticising the bible itself and ultimately Christ. Christ said "By their fruits you shall know them" and to be honest, the fruits of some people's so-called Christianity (when you get to see the twisted watered down version of an antigospel spin that erupts out of them) your left with rotten fruit. Similar to Satan (who also believes in Christ). The demons believe and they tremble....Satan I'm sure would love a watered down/twisted version of the gospel of Christ, (marshmellow Christianity and a marshmellow Christ of their own making). The kind that excludes all the things we don't want to hear "e.g. consequences of serious sin and what those sins are (spelled out blatantly). And instead a sweet, soft, all inclusive, "you're ok, I'm ok, version preaching "peace love and joy" and excluding all the tough stuff. Jesus was not a marshmellow type of guy. He preached more on Hell than He did on Heaven, to make it very clear to everybody how very serious sin is and how much each of us need to treat sin as our greatest enemy. Thank goodness He gave us the remedy! His horrific suffering and ultimate death on the cross was not done for nothing. It was done for ALL the sins mentioned in the bible (and repeated), CLEARLY spelled out.

You can reply to this however you wish Linear, ultimately you can take it up with Christ, as He is the one that spelled these things out afterall. It is fruitless to attack the messengers. If you don't like the message, that is your problem and between you and Christ.

I have quoted chapter and verse and said more than enough for anybody to read and understand and as the bible says "they are without excuse" and I totally agree. You can of course continue to argue, work yourself up and give all kinds of little twists and turns, but ultimately it comes back to "what does God think" and the bible spells that out and makes no apologies for doing so.

Basically we must make a choice. Jesus Himself said "you are either for Me, or against Me". Pretending to be Christian, yet trying to twist and/or omit the words of Christ will hold no ground whatsoever. One maybe able to fool themselves and maybe even others for a time, but they won't fool Christ. And I am glad of it.