Originally Posted by Bex
Originally Posted by Pwcca
I believe that it is the failure to recognize this by creationists and/or biblical literalists (if I can coin such a term) that leads them to frequent displays of emotion, avoidance of information and ultimate frustration in these discussions - as is witnessed by numerous such posters here.

Frequent displays of emotion have been expressed on both sides, so not sure what your point is on that one....I guess once again in an attempt to discredit the opposition? Perhaps you feel any display of "emotion" means it's not true?

I have not seen posters like RAZD, LindaLou -- sorry, you seem to disagree with me on this one but you as well LinearAq -- lash out angrily when their statements or observations in a debate are under attack. I simply see them retort with information and logic. We all make comments from time to time and that's one thing, but a summary glance at any of SoSick's posts, the tongue-in-cheek bet I made regarding CTD and his inability to post politely, and our new fellow poster ikester7575 and his insatiable fury at ... I'm not exactly sure what ... are basically what I'm talking about here. People attacking the poster and not the post.

On many occasions I have to ask repeatedly to get an answer for something, often followed by making an entire post entitled by my question. I very well could be wrong but I translate this and the aforementioned anger as frustration due to the inability to answer all the questions. You have to understand that what the creationist side of the debate is saying is that they know more than scientists who have devoted their entire lives to studying these things (geology, etc.). And that may very well be possible. Maybe CTD really is so knowledged and has spent so much time out in the field that he's somehow discovered that every scientist is wrong and their entire foundation for learning has been one big farce -- and that they (the scientists) don't even know this! And if it is true, it simply takes a display of evidence. If I were so knowledged as this I would have no need to get upset every time I'm asked for evidence. I'd just say "Here, dude, check this out" and I'd show them what I'm talking about. Heck! I'd want them to know, want them to be on my side. So I certainly wouldn't say things like: oh you evil evolutionists! I wouldn't call LindaLou a pig or filth. I wouldn't time and time again call evolutionists atheists since the two are not one in the same.

You don't see the evolutionists in this forum make posts like: Christianity, the big lie. Or: Why are Christians so slow to give up their beliefs? Or: Creationists, why do you come to post in this forum when you're not welcome? Etc. Evolution has no need to disprove Christianity or any other religion for that matter.

"I'll see what Russ makes of this."

-CTD