Hey Jeanie,

Quote:You've let me down here RAZD.....

Sorry to disappoint.

Are you saying that an all powerful etc etc etc god is incapable of designing a system where he can predict a general trend result but cannot predict a precise result?

Can a god create another god that is his equal? His better?

There are many interesting philosophical questions eh?

Enjoy.

Jeanie: RAZD, I just read a site on Deism so understand now more how you see things at least pertaining to that...if you are a serious deist which, by what you say, does indicate. It isn't that which disappointed me, it was the conception of God which you threw out about God using us like chess pieces in a game. IMO, your viewpoint is limited in that you leave our purpose here out of the equation. We are not an experiment..... But we are here to have a chance to prove ourselves. Those of us who do believe in the Bible and or revealed religion are, to me, trying to stay true to who we were in the spirit world. We are trying to, in other words, listen to our spirits which remember part of the plan we were taught in our pre-earth lives. Everyone on this earth chose to go along with Jesus Christ's plan instead of lucifer's in the pre-existence. I'm the only Mormon on here, so I take it further, but also in my opinion, those who are limiting God (even in the sense you think) ARE run somewhat by fear. But "my" God is not playing games with lives. I believe in free agency and that certain things are allowed to play themselves out....but not to the extent you think. And God's plan was not a roll of the dice with things he knew would/could evolve. It was deliberate. He caused it to happen as he willed and commanded it to because the elements obey him.

Last edited by Jeanie; 09/20/08 11:02 AM.

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is." Albert Einstein