Originally Posted by Bex
It seems that the god you believe in, sounds pretty similar to mine...so I'm confused by the list. Though the God I believe in, is not made in our image and doesn't conform to human ideals, rather He is what He is. He's not a playdough God, though often people do try to put words in His mouth or say all kinds of things that misportray Him.

God does not need, nor want false videos or books to be made, nor propogated and the idea that He would endorse such a thing (as you've insinuated) is completely contradictory to the nature of God and makes a mockery of Him and believers. Since lying is a sin and one in which God despises. So may I ask you to please quit mispresenting Him because you're trying to hit back at creationists on here? Even those who proclaim to be on His side of the fence will not please Him if they are being deceptive either (just as much as the ones on your side of the fence doing the same wouldn't). I hardly think that you are in a position to pretend He WOULD rely on or wish for that. Again, this is arrogant and incorrect.

The God I believe in, doesn't require rolling a dice in nature, hoping to hit the jackpot. He doesn't require or rely on a process to effect the outcome He desires, because He's outside of it and has complete authority over nature and the elements (He made them). He spoke and it was. He had authority over His creation, He isn't controlled by it. He is also (Thankfully) not limited by the limits many of His creatures attempt to set on Him. Nor altered by such judgements RAZD, whether you assign a certain weakness or personality to Him or not. Does He simply trust His luck with nature? Or is He an authority over it? Depends I guess what people believe about the nature of God.

The God you believe in already knows the outcome of the dice roll, but He may roll the dice all the same.
He rolls the dice by allowing you to determine where your very soul will reside in eternity. He doesn't make Himself visible to everyone nor does He manipulate things so everyone will believe in His existence. We are told we are the pinacle of His creation, in His image yet He does less to turn us to the right belief than you do to your child to guide them to right behavior. Would you allow your 2-year-old to run out into a busy street? Probably not...but God allows us to effectively do just that.

The Bible says He loves us more than we love ourselves yet He allows us to choose hell. Wouldn't you call that rolling the dice?

Also, I think you have it wrong in your thinking that RAZD believes your God wants people to lie for Him. RAZD said that to point out that the people putting out the false information/videos are not actually serving your God...even if they think they are.

A faith that connot survive collision with the truth is not worth many regrets. -- Arthur C. Clarke