Originally Posted by CTD
Originally Posted by LinearAq
Perhaps saying that God is relying on chance is overstating it a bit. Since God is omniscient, He knew the decisions that nonbelievers would make. With that knowledge, He made them anyway, to be sent to Hell. OK.
Can you tell me, Linear, which of your arguments wouldn't be right at home on an atheist hate site?

Can you tell me how it is not hypocritical and misleading to give folks the impression you advocate a God you actually despise? Calling oneself a "christian" does have certain connotations, you know.

Perhaps this is a residual label from EvC. For those who aren't familiar, they have a section which is reseved in words only for "religious people" to discuss things in peace. They have a rule or two against harassment and misinterpretation of scripture being posted by "outsiders". So in order to circumvent those (unenforced) "rules", every atheist, devil-worshipper, and his brother claims to be a "christian" over there.

At least that was the case in the past. I don't participate there any more. I've never figured out for certain whether that feature was designed legit, or simply set up to promote molism from the get-go.
What's molism...the worship of moles?

Let us assume you are not understanding the context of the post I wrote. I was pointing out to Bex that if God is not leaving anything to chance (ie...allowing free will is leaving the decision about your soul's final residence to chance) then that puts God in the position of purposely making most people just to send them to Hell. I don't believe that is what He is doing at all, so He must be allowing chance to work.

I didn't call God evil.

In the slim chance that you might be purposely misreading what I wrote in order to hurl still another insult, then I guess I should point out that your behavior is not unexpected.

A faith that connot survive collision with the truth is not worth many regrets. -- Arthur C. Clarke